One show? Very interesting.

hani
01-09-2017, 07:49 AM
One date, one location.
One show? Very interesting.
hopefully just the beginning

Harry Seaward
01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
That image is a highly edited version of the Still cover, again.

mauro995
Ok, 2017 line up?

WorzelG
Hope they get to Europe at some point.

kevinbeetle
01-09-2017, 07:51 AM
No events for MSG on that date.

witte
01-09-2017, 07:52 AM
or....something else? something complete different...

Swykk
01-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, Alessandro Cortini, Ilan Rubin, Josh Eustis...I'm guessing.

ParaGun
01-09-2017, 07:54 AM
let's speculate: a new album, played live on that date. on the actual event. played only once, recorded and put out to the world. no studio version.

Santos L Halper
01-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, Alessandro Cortini, Ilan Rubin, Josh Eustis...I'm guessing.

No Finck?

alfonso99
01-09-2017, 08:00 AM
someone, please start playing around with that image. there must be some kind of hidden message.
ARG 2.0 here we go!

nooneimportant
01-09-2017, 08:01 AM
hopefully just the beginning

The July 30th date just so happens to be around the Summer Festival season...

niggo
01-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Omgomgomg

ChipRock
01-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Shit. Hand up who was expecting that one! Return tix to NYC for my birthday, please.

Bachy
01-09-2017, 08:08 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/QlujZSeq5Q4RG/giphy.gif

cdm
01-09-2017, 08:08 AM
http://www.panorama.nyc/

Swykk
01-09-2017, 08:11 AM
No Finck?

I was going off of the Friends section of NIN.com. So judging by that alone, no Finck there.

100% speculation on my part.

otnavuskire
01-09-2017, 08:13 AM

Looks like that's it. NIN is listed on the lineup section of the site.

alfonso99
Panorama Music Festival
WHERE:NEW YORK CITY, NY
WHEN:JULY 28-JULY 30, 2017
TICKETS:
CAMPING: NO

perterje
http://www.panorama.nyc/Yep, there it is: http://www.panorama.nyc/lineup/#!programmation=artist$nine-inch-nails/124

Bachy
01-09-2017, 08:14 AM
I just realized this now means we will probably be getting more new NIN in the next six months. Probably a single or two with the next album in the Fall similar to what he did with Hesitation Marks.

Pbgut
I will definitely go to this if it's not a festival show, which it very well may be. Had a ticket for the (tragically) cancelled Fragility 2.0 show at the Nassau Coliseum. Better late than never.

EDIT: Aaaand it's a festival show. Damn my old bones.

PhoenixML
Awh.. I thought the new album was called "New York".

cdm
01-09-2017, 08:17 AM
EDIT: Aaaand it's a festival show. Damn my old bones.

cosigned.

alfonso99
01-09-2017, 08:18 AM
i would say that the new album will be released either in may-june or august.

hani
01-09-2017, 08:19 AM
[edit: lol that image was way too big]

http://goevent-images.s3.amazonaws.com/panoramamusicfestival-2017/deebe1da/web/event_38_20170109023259_53e41184.jpg

sweeterthan
01-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Best new I've heard all weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinbeetle
01-09-2017, 08:20 AM
General Admission $125
VIP $265

Randall's Island is a pain in the ass to get to unless you live in the city. No vehicle parking on site.

slave2thewage
Ugh, I don't want to fly.

*quietly investigates flights from Ireland to NY*

otnavuskire
NIN looks very out of place on that lineup.

hani
01-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Ugh, I don't want to fly.

*quietly investigates flights from Ireland to NY*
better wait, maybe they'll announce some EU shows soon.

hani
01-09-2017, 08:21 AM
NIN looks very out of place on that lineup.
tbh big festivals are usually very diverse, that looks pretty normal to me.

thatguymark
01-09-2017, 08:22 AM
So, they're headlining at least one festival this summer. I can't imagine this is a one-off thing. I'd bet over the next few weeks, we'll start seeing similar announcements for different shows. Hey Trent, wanna come to Birmingham? Slossfest (http://slossfest.com/)isn't a huge festival, but it would be improved immeasurably by your presence. And the venue is an old iron plant. Ya don't get more "industrial" than that. Just sayin. ....

niggo
01-09-2017, 08:27 AM
There HAVE to be other dates. Right? RIGHT?

I mean was there ever a band that played only one festival?

sweeterthan
01-09-2017, 08:29 AM
There will be other shows. Reznor isn't a one and done kinda guy.

joplinpicasso
01-09-2017, 08:34 AM
I've been to Randall's Island a few times for festivals. FYI: even if you live in the city, next to a train or bus line, you still have to walk over the bridge to the island. Maybe there'll be shuttles? But I hate that sort of thing. From what I recall parking is costly and driving away is a pain towards the end of the night.

Also, I hope NIN don't cut into the timeslot of A Tribe Called Quest, or the other way around. That would mean I wouldn't get to see the full set of either...

matt925
01-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Here's hoping they don't do outside lands. We missed out on a proper tension show because of the damn festival.

But I think we're going to see the full slate of all the usual suspects. Oh well, exciting times are here again!

hani
01-09-2017, 08:46 AM
I think the best thing in the world would be if TR announced that Aaron North has fully recovered and will be a part of the 2017 lineup.

elevenism
01-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Hot Damn, ladies and gentleman.

i think we can safely say that it's on.

fillow
01-09-2017, 08:55 AM
I literally know only like 3 bands from the lineup (including NIN).

This reminds me, did APC announce the rest of their dates yet?

Does anyone think NIN will be able to hit some of late summer Euro fests?

quietime
01-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Hopefully he'll do a show in town before or after the festival date like most bands do. 37 year old me refuses to do festivals anymore but for TR why not. Excited! Also this has to be tied to new material correct? I mean he won't tour just to promote the EP there has to be something like a full length LP coming soon.

Swykk
01-09-2017, 09:04 AM
37 year old me with neuropathy agrees. Not going to festivals.

elevenism
01-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Thirded. Damn near 37 year old me with chronic pain from compression fractures can only even really stand up for one set.

But i think this OBVIOUSLY means tour and new LP and the whole 9 yards, new NIN era.

Volband
01-09-2017, 09:14 AM
I think the best thing in the world would be if TR announced that Aaron North has fully recovered and will be a part of the 2017 lineup.
Aaron North AND Robin Finck!

Trent is relegated to trambourines only.

hani
01-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Aaron North AND Robin Finck!

Trent is relegated to trambourines only.
meh, I could do without Finck for a while. that bluesy way he started to play in isn't very exciting.

NINisamazing
01-09-2017, 09:18 AM
I've been to Randall's Island a few times for festivals. FYI: even if you live in the city, next to a train or bus line, you still have to walk over the bridge to the island. Maybe there'll be shuttles? But I hate that sort of thing. From what I recall parking is costly and driving away is a pain towards the end of the night.

Also, I hope NIN don't cut into the timeslot of A Tribe Called Quest, or the other way around. That would mean I wouldn't get to see the full set of either...

I went to Panorama last year. I went on saturday. Headliners were Kendrick Lamar, Suftjan Stevens and The National.
Sstevens played right before Kendrick. Did not go into kendrick's set at all. he got off like 15 mins before Kendrick got on.
Both played a full set as far as I know.

kdrcraig
01-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Yeah Made in America was enough for me, not doing another festival. Hopefully another show somewhat close to me happens.

Krazy
01-09-2017, 09:24 AM
This reminds me, did APC announce the rest of their dates yet?

They havent. Tool is playing Randall's Island in a different festival early June.

Volband
01-09-2017, 09:32 AM
meh, I could do without Finck for a while. that bluesy way he started to play in isn't very exciting.
Who do you propose though? We all know Aaron North is not happening, and I don't want a "Pino Palladino of guitar players" to join the line up. A NIN guitarist should be shredding and going crazy.

Maybe Josh will be reinvited, to which I can't make any comments, because I don't know his style of play when he has the spotlight. But personally I want a new face, if we won't get Finck - whom I still dig.

sheepdean
01-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Man, cheapest flight would be over £500, and that's with a huge layover. Guess I'll grab the next one

imail724
01-09-2017, 09:42 AM
I went to Panorama last year. I went on saturday. Headliners were Kendrick Lamar, Suftjan Stevens and The National.
Sstevens played right before Kendrick. Did not go into his set at all. he got off like 15 mins before Kendrick got on.
Both played a full set as far as I know.Was it easy to get in and out of there? Heard it could be a pain in the ass.

fillow
01-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Who do you propose though? We all know Aaron North is not happening, and I don't want a "Pino Palladino of guitar players" to join the line up. A NIN guitarist should be shredding and going crazy.

Maybe Josh will be reinvited, to which I can't make any comments, because I don't know his style of play when he has the spotlight. But personally I want a new face, if we won't get Finck - whom I still dig.

Richard fucking Patrick.
He can take the mic from TR each night to tell how much he liked being in NIN in 1989-91 and got all inspired and wrote that HMNS song that kickstarted his Filter thing and later he wrote that song Jurassitol that's about his time in Nine Inch Nails and here goes that song Me I'm Not.

Volband
01-09-2017, 09:54 AM
richard fucking patrick.
He can take the mic from tr each night to tell how much he liked being in nin in 1989-91 and got all inspired and wrote that hmns song that kickstarted his filter thing and later he wrote that song jurassitol that's about his time in nine inch nails and here goes that song me i'm not.
did you know richard patrick's nickname was piggy and it might or might not have inspired the song called "piggy" on the critically acclaimed hit record, the downward spiral?

[edit: FUCK, I wrote it in all caps..... fuck you board, you took away half the fun... :( ]

eversonpoe
01-09-2017, 10:08 AM
I did not know that "Jurassitol" was about his time in Nine Inch Nails. Huh. That's an old favorite. And I guess that makes a lot of sense, given his feelings upon departure.

When I was sixteen, at my first job, I used to rock out in my car, singing "Jurassitol" about my first boss--who, as far as I could tell, never even learned my name, preferring instead just to call me "The Faggot." Good times!

so for continuing de-rail, but i want to kick your old boss in the balls (and i'm a pacifist). that word makes my fucking blood boil.

Haysey_Draws
01-09-2017, 10:30 AM
If memory serves before Trent did the festival stuff for Hesitation Marks there were a couple of small shows dotted around to play with set's and stuff. They'll be more dates, although no idea whether that'll be just festival and club shows or full on tours.

Exciting times people, exciting times.

ryanmcfly
01-09-2017, 10:34 AM
My older brother who I've only met once (he was adopted) lives in Brooklyn, looks like I'm going to this. SO HYPED.

Sarah K
01-09-2017, 10:35 AM
If I remember correctly, this festival was held at the Mets stadium last year, so this is a new location for them.

redshoewearer
01-09-2017, 10:43 AM
My older brother who I've only met once (he was adopted) lives in Brooklyn, looks like I'm going to this. SO HYPED.

I have a daughter in Brooklyn, so if I'm able to go, free accommodations for me too. I expect she'll want to go as well.

I'm older than the 37 year olds above, but if it's NIN, I can usually manage a festival. NIN fans make the environment better!

Sarah K
01-09-2017, 10:44 AM
I can probably put up a couple of people. Hotels here are insane.

elevenism
01-09-2017, 10:44 AM
So when the inevitable tour happens, i will most likely be going to the Denver show.

Who else will be there?

halo eighteen
01-09-2017, 10:46 AM
This lines up well with NIN also doing Lollapalooza and Osheaga. I hope this is part of a headline tour though.

ryanmcfly
01-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Lolla usually gets announced in March, right? I imagine they'll play there and possibly the Made in America festival as well.

hani
01-09-2017, 10:49 AM

someone new, young, and fucking mental.

I giggle at the idea of Annie Clark being the new guitarist tho, that would be epic and so wrong on so many levels yet SO GOOD

ryanmcfly
01-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Also The Black Queen should open on the actual tour.

patj825
01-09-2017, 10:53 AM
someone, please start playing around with that image. there must be some kind of hidden message.
ARG 2.0 here we go!

I figured it out! The dots are the 2017 tour locations. 2 in NY, 2 cruises in the Atlantic Ocean, One boat ride in Lake Michigan...

http://imgur.com/pM5q4eD

witte
01-09-2017, 10:55 AM
or....something else? something complete different...
ok, good news, for sure.
there'll be more, i hope.
i'd make a trip to the us, only for an arena or club schedule. not a festival, i think

roolfdriht
01-09-2017, 11:05 AM
This is actually the festival's second year on Randall's Island (and second overall).

Press reports from last year suggest it was pretty well-run, at least compared to Gov Ball. That said, there's still a significant festival discount to my current enthusiasm. I want to find some first-hand accounts from last year's VIP viewing areas to see if perhaps this approach might mitigate my concerns. Either way, I'll probably still open my wallet on Friday since I'm only a 4 mile bike ride from the site.

joplinpicasso
01-09-2017, 11:08 AM

I giggle at the idea of Annie Clark being the new guitarist tho, that would be epic and so wrong on so many levels yet SO GOOD

I like this idea. Being in the NIN touring band is like some weird rite of passage for many people. I don't like the idea of gender quotas in bands but another great female rock guitarist/instrumentalist would be Emma Ruth Rundle.

ryanmcfly
01-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Holy fucking Christ. She's wicked talented and completely nuts. That could be so amazing...or an unbelievably terrible, Vicodin-baked-into-my-pizza combination. One thing's for sure: 98.75% of the "fans" would not be happy.

Actually, now that I think of it, what would the reaction be to any female (non-Mariqueen) addition to the live band be? I feel like there would be an...unfortunate amount of revolt.

People were pissed when they announced the backing vocalists for Tension.

witte
01-09-2017, 11:27 AM

St Vincent is releasing a new album next months. Touring with NIN would be perfect. They match very well.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Rubeninphoenix
01-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Already looking at Airbnb spots for Panorama. There's so many tours going on at around the same time this year, it's crazy.

xolotl
01-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Actually, now that I think of it, what would the reaction be to any female (non-Mariqueen) addition to the live band be? I feel like there would be an...unfortunate amount of revolt.

Mm, I'd certainly like to think that the NIN fanbase is more open-minded than that, but I fear that you might be right.

In re: the backing vocals for Tension (which I personally loved), I suppose part of the outcry on that front was because it was sort of legitimately changing the live "sound" of the band, whereas just having a woman on guitar would still, you know, be playing guitar. Hopefully folks'd be accepting of that.

(Re: Annie Clark, I do think she'd be able to do some really wicked stuff playing guitar for NIN, though I can't imagine she'd be happy just being a member in someone else's band.)

joplinpicasso
01-09-2017, 11:42 AM
My mind would be fucking blown if she would. And blown again if Trent could afford her. I wonder what the effect on casual fans/fans of St. Vincent would be. Fascinating scenario. Kudos to the original poster.

As cool as this is, where did this idea come from? Just the OP? As for Mariqueen in the performing band, I highly doubt it. Even if they enjoyed the experience as a married couple from the HTDA shows, I'd think they'd want to keep it to that project 'home'.

Rubeninphoenix
01-09-2017, 11:46 AM
My mind would be fucking blown if she would. And blown again if Trent could afford her. I wonder what the effect on casual fans/fans of St. Vincent would be. Fascinating scenario. Kudos to the original poster.I'm sure if Trent could afford Pino Palladino along with the backup singers for the Rolling Stones, this would be no issue.

joplinpicasso
01-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Agreed. I'd hope the fanbase would be a bit more accepting and enthusiastic about the prospect more than I might fear...and as for that Yoko Ono reference in that review, I guessed I glazed over it as standard music review tripe, but you're totally right. That shit was ridiculous if meant to mean that Reznor has a wife of east Asian heritage. Maybe the reviewer was clueless and went for the easy musician-wife comparison.

PhoenixML
01-09-2017, 12:11 PM
This lines up well with NIN also doing Lollapalooza and Osheaga. I hope this is part of a headline tour though.

I'd assume if NIN were to do a festival in Montreal, it would be HeavyMtl and not Osheaga.

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
01-09-2017, 12:12 PM
since its a festival show...hopefully it will be streamed....

valiantsteed
01-09-2017, 12:45 PM
I will be crushed if Robin is not involved.

Callahan
01-09-2017, 12:51 PM

That's exactly what I'm hoping for!

Was hoping this was going to be a one-off single showing in a cool venue, not so keen on the festival stuff either.

simonn
01-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Just no Reading/Leeds festival please if you get to the UK (think it's a fairly safe bet he won't due to the Biffy Clyro debacle last time round!).

Not Glastonbury...!

Trent needs to start 'Rez-fest', so that he's surrounded by tasteful and agreeable acts.

ryanmcfly
01-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Can the tour be called The Actual Events?

xolotl
01-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Trent needs to start 'Rez-fest', so that he's surrounded by tasteful and agreeable acts.
It's a shame ATP stopped being a Thing; a Reznor-curated ATP somewhere would've been pretty awesome. Though I suppose they typically put together stuff from more undergroundish acts.

joplinpicasso
01-09-2017, 01:17 PM
It's a shame ATP stopped being a Thing; a Reznor-curated ATP somewhere would've been pretty awesome. Though I suppose they typically put together stuff from more undergroundish acts.

Don't give me that wet dream.

Ash512
01-09-2017, 01:20 PM
I'd assume if NIN were to do a festival in Montreal, it would be HeavyMtl and not Osheaga.

I don't think so. They generally avoid hardrock/metal-oriented festivals.
HeavyMTL is cancelled in 2017 anyway.

01-09-2017, 01:36 PM
at least hes not playing hipster fest Coachella....

Sarah K
01-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Panorama is put on by the same people.

eversonpoe
01-09-2017, 01:47 PM
I like this idea. Being in the NIN touring band is like some weird rite of passage for many people. I don't like the idea of gender quotas in bands but another great female rock guitarist/instrumentalist would be Emma Ruth Rundle.

dude, emma would be an AMAZING addition to NIN. the way she textures things would be a really cool way to do some stuff live. i've never really heard another guitar player quite like her. plus her voice is so similar to tori amos, so i'd finally get more of what i wanted out of trent & tori's voices together haha

01-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Panorama is put on by the same people.

wow I didnt know that..Looking at the lineups,I guess it makes sense...Coachella streams every show.Hopefully they do the same with this fest

Your Name Here
01-09-2017, 01:53 PM
I don't think gender should matter in choosing band members, ability should be the only thing that matters. At this point NIN has nothing to prove, we've all seen the shows, we've all seen the tours. I personally would think its refreshing if Trent brought in a female guitarist or drummer, but gender shouldn't matter "ability" is all that matters.

eversonpoe
01-09-2017, 02:01 PM
I agree 100%. And hell, a transperson in there would totally mesh with a lot of Nine Inch Nails' 1990s image. But my point was just that a lot of people would lose their shit. From the "fuck bitches" crowd, to sophists who work super hard to craft masterful theses on how songs like "Discipline" require a purely masculine outfit to perform, so that the gender inversion of masculine submission is properly portrayed.

i volunteer as tribute!!! (seriously, though, i would really love to play guitar in NIN)

Your Name Here
01-09-2017, 02:07 PM
I agree 100%. And hell, a transperson in there would totally mesh with a lot of Nine Inch Nails' 1990s image. But my point was just that a lot of people would lose their shit. From the "fuck bitches" crowd, to sophists who work super hard to craft masterful theses on how songs like "Discipline" require a purely masculine outfit to perform, so that the gender inversion of masculine submission is properly portrayed.

I see your point I can imagine some fans being bothered by it but my response would be "get over it" agreed on a transperson would be fine as well again its "ability" is all that matters. I also think that NIN is an ever evolving organism and people should be ready for changes. On one hand people want things to stay the same but sometimes I think it's those same people who complain and say "it was nothing new".
Trent knows what he is doing and I'm sure the process to become a member is a rigorous one, he always hires great musicians and it should not matter what gender or if the member is transgendered.

Sarah K
01-09-2017, 03:08 PM
I went to Panorama last year. I went on saturday.

What is their VIP section like? Is it a separate little area right in front between the stage and the GA crowd? Because I'm just gonna get a one day and do that, if so.

ryanmcfly
01-09-2017, 03:38 PM
What is their VIP section like? Is it a separate little area right in front between the stage and the GA crowd? Because I'm just gonna get a one day and do that, if so.
This is a map of it from last year, looks like the VIP was just a section to the right of the stage.
http://panoramastaging-2016-wp-uploads.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/P16map-venue.jpg

sick among the pure
01-09-2017, 04:12 PM
This is a map of it from last year, looks like the VIP was just a section to the right of the stage.
http://panoramastaging-2016-wp-uploads.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/P16map-venue.jpg

Ah, but it's "Robin's side", where I always go to.
And yes, until we hear any different, I still continue to call the right side "Robin's side".

Trent, please bring Robin on tour. I'll buy another copy of the EP.

Kid Charlemagne
01-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Going to swing this instead of Coachella or Bonnaroo. Seeing Tribe and NIN on the same day is too good to be true, I love over 60% of this lineup. Plus, I've never been to NYC before, so this would be an amazing first time.

Rubeninphoenix
01-09-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm thinking: buy VIP for the Sunday night, arrive there the Sunday before Monday week of the festival, spend the week urban exploring and stuffing my face with food, and have fun Sunday with NIN, A Tribe Called Quest, and Justice.

TheRealNs1
01-09-2017, 05:42 PM
if they want to add a girl, maybe they can do Vika on keys. I mean I don't know shit about her technical skills, but she certainly has the correct...flair.

with that whole 7' of separation thing, maybe you recognize her from the project she did with the dresden dolls drummer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ue2HJR5lzk

Corona Radiata
01-09-2017, 06:59 PM
I was going off of the Friends section of NIN.com. So judging by that alone, no Finck there.

Robin is in the friends section of NIN.com, and Trent said in an interview that he'd never tour without Robin again. So I'd say it's pretty safe to assume he'll be part of the tour (if there is one).

Swykk
01-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Must've missed that update to nin.com. For awhile, there was no sign of Finck.

Corona Radiata
01-09-2017, 07:04 PM
I think he and JMJ were added later.

Sandy Phimester
01-09-2017, 07:12 PM
More to come, I'm sure.

Isn't it sort of like previous times, when he would do some smaller shows or festivals in early summer and get ready for bigger tour(s) later in the year?

somewhat_
01-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Safe to assume Atticus will be part of the live band?

bryan_NIN65
01-09-2017, 07:52 PM
So....Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza? Lolla starts 4 days after, gives them time to travel with maybe a show in between? 20+ hour road trip, just can't do it. Lolla would be about 8 and the Roo about 12 hours away, is it hard to get tix to these fest?, if I even want to go.

Krazy
01-09-2017, 07:58 PM
(if there is one).

More to come, I'm sure.

Isn't it sort of like previous times, when he would do some smaller shows or festivals in early summer and get ready for bigger tour(s) later in the year?

Until it's confirmed nothing is 100%, but safe to assume more dates. If it was the only NIN show of 2017 it would be billed that way for marketing purposes.

It's kind of bull shit, but many times when bands tour and headline festivals they'll announce the festival dates and have the tickets go up for sale. Some time later they'llannounce the regular venues. I'm sure it has something to do with the festival contracts signed to sell as many tickets as possible. Business, and all.

TheBang
01-09-2017, 08:03 PM
I checked on YouTube and there is no pro-shot footage from Panorama from any previous years. :( While past is not necessarily always prologue, it's generally a pretty good indicator for festival streams.

slave2thewage
01-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Jesus christ, those ticket fees are extortionate.

Prettybrokenspiral
01-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Bet we have the new studio album by the time Panorama rolls around..

TheyCallMeDrug
01-09-2017, 09:17 PM
ill be there sunday. atcq opening for nin is a weird dream come true. the rest of that line up is a headscratcher tho.

Sarah K
01-09-2017, 09:42 PM
I think they only streamed a few of them last year for Panorama. Like the headliners each night plus a handful of others. So even if they don't stream the entire thing, I think that there is a good chance that at least NIN's set will be streamed.

01-09-2017, 10:01 PM
6 months before the show and we already are worrying about if its going to be streamed or not..man a lot of us NIN fans are #hardcore....

trollmanen
01-09-2017, 10:17 PM
On the Beats1 interview, when talking about Atticus being a part of the band now, he did specifically say it wasn't a slight to the other guys in the band and he mentioned "Alessandro, Robin and Ilan" being part of the family. So I would assume they'd be considered unless they declined or Trent wanted to go in a wildly different direction.

nooneimportant
01-09-2017, 10:51 PM
I think they only streamed a few of them last year for Panorama. Like the headliners each night plus a handful of others. So even if they don't stream the entire thing, I think that there is a good chance that at least NIN's set will be streamed.

Especially if Trent has a unique stage setup he wants to show off again. That was probably why he went to the festivals, to get that exposure from the streaming and to service the fanbase. During Wave Goodbye he was heavily into the idea of fans being able to connect with the live shows without even being there, so it seems like a no brainer he would want to keep that going.

magnolia
01-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Is it really that safe to assume that more dates will be announced for 2017, though? Because I thought Trent said in that Beats1 interview that he was *not* going to tour in 2017. Could be that this really is the only date they play this year, no?

I've been going back and forth on this all day. I would love to go to this, as I've never been to NY, and closing out a weekend of playing tourist with NIN would be a fantastic summer vacation in my book, but I don't want to spring for the tickets for this come Friday if I'm just gonna be hit with "US fall tour!" in another month or so. I'd be able to go to three or four shows closer to me in that case for the same amount as tickets to the fest, airfare, etc to NY.

botley
01-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Reznor, Ross, Maandig, Navarro, Grohl. I would watch the shit out of that lineup and it could work really well, even if just for a one-off show playing the whole EP and a selection of older tracks.

ManBurning
01-10-2017, 12:45 AM
Normally I'd be dropping everything and planning my vacation over the announcement of a NIN show, festival or not. But, I just can't get behind this lineup. Everyone thought TOOL looked out of place at Governor's Ball? NIN on this bill looks just as out of place. I have to pass and hope for another date to pop up.

Heavy MTL has actually been temporarily suspended this year and will return in 2018. The Amnesia Rockfest however which is also in Quebec, is in full swing this year on June 23-24, which up until today's announcement I would have said NIN are 100% out, but now that this festival has been announced, the chances of them showing up at Amnesia has just tripled.

If not Amnesia, then I can see them going to Osheaga or the Festival D'ete de Quebec in Quebecy City (July 6-16).

I would be terribly surprised if they're not on one of these 3 festivals this year.
I'm hoping it's Amnesia for the sake of only having to travel out east once this year. I'm taking my girlfriend to Amnesia this year for her birthday. We already have the hotel booked.

trollmanen
01-10-2017, 07:00 AM
Because I thought Trent said in that Beats1 interview that he was *not* going to tour in 2017.

He said "Not in the immediate future... we are discussing it."

Deepvoid
01-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Normally I'd be dropping everything and planning my vacation over the announcement of a NIN show, festival or not. But, I just can't get behind this lineup. Everyone thought TOOL looked out of place at Governor's Ball? NIN on this bill looks just as out of place. I have to pass and hope for another date to pop up.

Heavy MTL has actually been temporarily suspended this year and will return in 2018. The Amnesia Rockfest however which is also in Quebec, is in full swing this year on June 23-24, which up until today's announcement I would have said NIN are 100% out, but now that this festival has been announced, the chances of them showing up at Amnesia has just tripled.

If not Amnesia, then I can see them going to Osheaga or the Festival D'ete de Quebec in Quebecy City (July 6-16).

I would be terribly surprised if they're not on one of these 3 festivals this year.
I'm hoping it's Amnesia for the sake of only having to travel out east once this year. I'm taking my girlfriend to Amnesia this year for her birthday. We already have the hotel booked.

I can confirm with certainty that NIN is not doing the Amnesia Rockest. As for Osheaga, I do have a few contacts at Evenko from my heydays as a band manager but they are very secretive when it comes to Osheaga. I don't think I could squeeze that info our of them.
In any case, forget about the Rockest. Ain't happening.

imail724
01-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Anyone know if this is the final line up for Panorama or if more bands will be added over time? I'm fine paying the $125 for NIN alone (Tribe is a nice perk), but it would be cool if they threw in a few other acts I'm interested in.

Kid A
01-10-2017, 09:19 AM
So....Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza? Lolla starts 4 days after, gives them time to travel with maybe a show in between? 20+ hour road trip, just can't do it. Lolla would be about 8 and the Roo about 12 hours away, is it hard to get tix to these fest?, if I even want to go.
If the wording In the CoS article is correct, Panorama will be their live return. So, that would rule out Bonnaroo, as it's in June. Last year's Roo was a total failure ticket sales wise. Would love to see them there again seeing as how I live in Nashville. Roo lineup drops tomorrow. I'd think either Lolla or Osheaga would be a lock though given their dates. Lolla tix went fast last year...

ill be there sunday. atcq opening for nin is a weird dream come true. the rest of that line up is a headscratcher tho.
How do you know they won't be opposing each other? Is there only one stage? Not trying to piss on your parade, just curious.

witte
01-10-2017, 10:33 AM
There HAVE to be other dates. Right? RIGHT?

I mean was there ever a band that played only one festival?
the next important step @ nin.com: adding topic "Tour" on the menu. :)

fillow
01-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Too bad this one isn't up anymore:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160412155252/http://nin.com/tourdates.html

NINisamazing
01-10-2017, 11:27 AM
I dont know, but the set up was nice. I digged

Kid Charlemagne
01-10-2017, 12:34 PM
If the wording In the CoS article is correct, Panorama will be their live return. So, that would rule out Bonnaroo, as it's in June. Last year's Roo was a total failure ticket sales wise. Would love to see them there again seeing as how I live in Nashville. Roo lineup drops tomorrow. I'd think either Lolla or Osheaga would be a lock though given their dates. Lolla tix went fast last year...

How do you know they won't be opposing each other? Is there only one stage? Not trying to piss on your parade, just curious.They won't be at Bonnaroo. As for Lolla, I doubt it, since they've been on the lineup pretty recently, but I know TR has a good relationship with the festival, and since it's four days now, they may need a band like NIN to fill out the lineup, despite the recency of them headlining. They won't be opposing ATCQ either. There's only three stages at Panorama, if anything, they'll be opposing Justice, which is fine, because Justice fucking sucks.

skullboy0
01-10-2017, 02:55 PM
As for Lolla, I doubt it, since they've been on the lineup pretty recently, but I know TR has a good relationship with the festival, and since it's four days now, they may need a band like NIN to fill out the lineup, despite the recency of them headlining.

They first headlined Lolla in 2008, & again in 2013. Considering they were "on hiatus" from late 2009 through early 2013, I don't think the one-year difference is a deal breaker.

Kid Charlemagne
01-10-2017, 03:10 PM
They first headlined Lolla in 2008, & again in 2013. Considering they were "on hiatus" from late 2009 through early 2013, I don't think the one-year difference is a deal breaker.They didn't have a big crowd in 2008, and even less in 2013, I'd be surprised if they were back. They're not in the tier of RHCP, who came back within a four year difference but can still draw massive crowds, or even Muse for that matter who are playing again and would probably outdraw NIN at Lolla. I love NIN, but they're not exaclty the band that fits the festival's current demographic.

Toadflax
01-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Do you mean the Family section? They have the Noct OST listed. Finck just hasn't released that much music, so he's not all over that section like the other guys.

Toadflax
01-10-2017, 06:00 PM
The lineup for the Panorama festival makes sense for the band that made Hesitation Marks but makes no sense for the band that made Not The Actual Events. I wonder if that means NTAE isn't as indicative of the next LP as we're all hoping...

Kid Charlemagne
01-10-2017, 06:38 PM
The lineup for the Panorama festival makes sense for the band that made Hesitation Marks but makes no sense for the band that made Not The Actual Events. I wonder if that means NTAE isn't as indicative of the next LP as we're all hoping...You're looking too much into it. They're a big name rock band, they'll sell tickets regardless of what their sound is.

Toadflax
01-10-2017, 06:54 PM
You're looking too much into it. They're a big name rock band, they'll sell tickets regardless of what their sound is.

I'm a Nine Inch Nails fan; what do I have other than looking too much into things? :) I'm sure you're right, though. It's just such an electronic lineup. Looking at last year, though, they had Arcade Fire and The National, so having NIN this year likely doesn't mean anything about anything.

TheyCallMeDrug
01-10-2017, 07:21 PM
when the main act played last year i believe they were the only ones on stage at the time.

halo eighteen
01-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Last year had only one act as the headliner though, this year has two each day so who knows what they intend on doing with that.

Krazy
01-10-2017, 10:04 PM
They didn't have a big crowd in 2008, and even less in 2013, I'd be surprised if they were back. They're not in the tier of RHCP, who came back within a four year difference but can still draw massive crowds, or even Muse for that matter who are playing again and would probably outdraw NIN at Lolla. I love NIN, but they're not exaclty the band that fits the festival's current demographic.

I was at both, and 2013 was PACKED- it was on a Friday. I remember not being able to get single day Friday resell tickets for face either, but they were very readily available for the Sunday acts (The Cure maybe???). Saturday was the night of the highest priced tickets. Don't remember right now who it was but I'm sure a quick google search will help for those that want to know.

NIN can still be a headliner for Lolla since they sell all their tickets prior to even announcing the acts, and they've had headliners that don't draw as well as NIN. Should rename it "Millenial Hipster Fest".

I get what you're saying, it's not exactly 1994 anymore. But a 3-4 day festival can do worse than NIN as one of two headliners per night.

Kid Charlemagne
01-10-2017, 10:13 PM
I was at both, and 2013 was PACKED- it was on a Friday. I remember not being able to get single day Friday resell tickets for face either, but they were very readily available for the Sunday acts (The Cure maybe???). Saturday was the night of the highest priced tickets. Don't remember right now who it was but I'm sure a quick google search will help for those that want to know.

NIN can still be a headliner for Lolla since they sell all their tickets prior to even announcing the acts, and they've had headliners that don't draw as well as NIN. Should rename it "Millenial Hipster Fest".

I get what you're saying, it's not exactly 1994 anymore. But a 3-4 day festival can do worse than NIN as one of two headliners per night.Not saying they aren't a good headliner, but 3 times in nine years is kind of lazy booking, no matter who the headliner is.

Where were you for that 2013 set? I remember running after Hot Chip finished their set right as NIN took the stage, and was able to get really close and leaving several times to pee and get beer and had no problem zipping through the crowd.

Krazy
01-10-2017, 11:26 PM
Not saying they aren't a good headliner, but 3 times in nine years is kind of lazy booking, no matter who the headliner is.

Where were you for that 2013 set? I remember running after Hot Chip finished their set right as NIN took the stage, and was able to get really close and leaving several times to pee and get beer and had no problem zipping through the crowd.

The three of us got there minutes before QOTSA went on, and decided to park our feet on the walkway that was behind the mix and slightly west as that gave us a bit of a stepping stone (2 out of the 3 of us are short so the added height helped). As the night went in the crowd just got bigger and bigger, pushing as back as we wanted the best POV and not necessarily being the closest. And I had to piss and get beer as well, checked out trying to get closer and to the sides and definitely wasn't worth it.

Contrast that to 2008 where I was doing the same thing and ended up about 20 rows back and in between the right side of the stage and right screen. To be honest I don't know how Lolla was promoted then- did they attempt to sell out before announcing the acts? We ended up getting tickets from someone that won them on 102.1fm Milwaukee that didn't want to go, the afternoon of that Sunday they were playing. Got them for $20 total I believe and only reason for doing the short trip was the Minneapolis show got cancelled night before due to Trent getting sick. Had no intention of going to a shitty festival but couldn't pass that up regarding the circumstances.

Sarah K
01-10-2017, 11:51 PM
I had only one person in front of me on the Josh side, and it was crowded as all fuck.

WorzelG
01-11-2017, 01:31 AM
I wonder if they might end up headlining the 'other stage' at Glastonbury

ManBurning
01-11-2017, 01:44 AM
I can confirm with certainty that NIN is not doing the Amnesia Rockest. As for Osheaga, I do have a few contacts at Evenko from my heydays as a band manager but they are very secretive when it comes to Osheaga. I don't think I could squeeze that info our of them.
In any case, forget about the Rockest. Ain't happening.

You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'm inclined to believe you that NIN won't be at Amnesia.

This is an open question to anyone, but since you used to be in the business you might have a better answer to this... but how are bands chosen for a festival?
How does the festival know what bands will or will not be touring when they are planning their events? Do they just have a list of bands they want, and contact their touring management and ask if the band is willing to play that event that year? Or is there some secret list of bands that will be active that year that is given to festivals to pick and choose who they want at their festival? Or, do the bands say "We want to do festivals this year" to their touring management and say "go schedule some for us" and then the touring management tries to put together a touring route based on what festivals are offering the most. Is it like a bidding war?

Deepvoid
01-11-2017, 06:08 AM
You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'm inclined to believe you that NIN won't be at Amnesia.

I didn't want top burst anyone's bubble. Maybe the NIN gods will contradict me just fuck me.
If Rammstein hadn't already been booked as one headliner, I think NIN may have been a possibility but the way this festival is working they won't have Rammstein and NIN as their two headliners.
If I hear anything to the contrary I'll be sure too share the info here.

TheBang
01-11-2017, 04:14 PM
This is an open question to anyone, but since you used to be in the business you might have a better answer to this... but how are bands chosen for a festival?
A good question, that caused me to go out and find these articles:

http://adequateman.deadspin.com/how-to-book-a-music-festival-1697067459
http://diymusician.cdbaby.com/musician-tips/how-to-get-booked-at-a-music-festival/
http://blog.jammob.com/want-to-start-playing-coachella-bonnaroo-and-other-major-music-festivals/
http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4149714-how-to-organise-a-music-festival-1--best-kept-secret
http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4150355-how-to-organise-a-music-festival-2--green-man
http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4150347-how-to-organise-a-music-festival-3--beacons-metro
http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4150532-how-to-organise-a-music-festival-4--pop-montreal
http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4150621-how-to-organise-a-music-festival-5--s-n

Deepvoid
01-11-2017, 05:22 PM
How does the festival know what bands will or will not be touring when they are planning their events? Do they just have a list of bands they want, and contact their touring management and ask if the band is willing to play that event that year? Or is there some secret list of bands that will be active that year that is given to festivals to pick and choose who they want at their festival? Or, do the bands say "We want to do festivals this year" to their touring management and say "go schedule some for us" and then the touring management tries to put together a touring route based on what festivals are offering the most. Is it like a bidding war?

There are so many factors that go into booking bands to a festival. Established festivals are usually contacted by management who want to secure a slot on the festival.
Organizer are also looking at soundscan in the area to see if the band will draw its share of fans to the festival.
Bands that have new albums out will be looked at.
If a band is touring, it'll cost definitely less to book than a band that do a one-off date.
From my perspective,since I was managing local bands, I had to contact organizer a year in advance in order to secure opening spots. Ob

Those are just a few things that I can think on the top of my head.

Ash512
01-11-2017, 05:26 PM
So, two days after the announcement and still no detail on lineup/tour/production/is-this-a-one-off-gig/what-the-fuck-is-going-on.
So yeah... what's going on?

TheRealNs1
01-11-2017, 06:36 PM
well, they're not booked for Roo...

https://www.bonnaroo.com/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=livenation-boost&utm_content=20170111&utm_campaign=2017-lineup-onsale

somewhat_
01-11-2017, 07:15 PM
So, two days after the announcement and still no detail on lineup/tour/production/is-this-a-one-off-gig/what-the-fuck-is-going-on.
So yeah... what's going on?

Maybe nothing is known/a sure thing yet?

Maybe they will just let the festival(s) sell some tickets before any additional plans are to be released.

Surely, if this was just a Trent with a piano tour that would be announced before any tickets are sold? Or "we're only playing new material" or "we're only playing the fragile" would have to be announced beforehand as well.

Krazy
01-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Maybe they will just let the festival(s) sell some tickets before any additional plans are to be released.

^^^ Most likely this, unfortunately. Hope we at least get some proper venues and not only festival dates a la 2013.

niggo
01-12-2017, 03:05 AM
So, considering this is the 2017 Live Tour Discussion:

Will you follow up with a full-length Nine Inch Nails record this year?
REZNOR: We’re working on new stuff now, so we’re planning to release more stuff as soon as it’s ready, and I don’t think that’s this year.

Nine Inch Nails is scheduled to play the Panorama Festival on July 30 in New York. Will you be touring in 2017?
REZNOR: No, nothing is planned right now.

Are you still making music for How to Destroy Angels?
REZNOR: You will see more How to Destroy Angels. It’s in the works.

Source (https://www.yahoo.com/music/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-on-patriots-day-new-nine-inch-nails-ep-and-how-social-media-creates-a-toxic-environment-for-music-222940245.html)

streetman
01-12-2017, 03:54 AM

Source (https://www.yahoo.com/music/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-on-patriots-day-new-nine-inch-nails-ep-and-how-social-media-creates-a-toxic-environment-for-music-222940245.html)

wtf

😭

ChipRock
01-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Just seen that Queens Of The Stone Age are set to release a new record in 2017 (http://clashmusic.com/news/incoming-queens-of-the-stone-age-prep-new-album). So... how about a joint tour with NIN later in the year? Or into 2018? Guessing they're still buddies.

ManBurning
01-12-2017, 04:53 AM

Well, that's the end of the tour speculation. I guess he literally is doing a one-off show. Seems so out of character for him.
And what's with the comment about no new NIN this year? In the other interview he did in December, he said there were 2 new NIN projects being released in 2017...
So if one isn't an album, what the hell are they??

Urgh, if this really is the only show this year, I really should be making the effort to attend. I have a feeling something big is going to happen at this show if it's the only show he's doing.

niggo
01-12-2017, 05:07 AM
Yeah, totally confusing. You know, he has every right to do whatever he wants, but that are some radically different statements between this interview and the Beats 1 interview a couple of weeks back. Two major NIN projects in 2017 vs. no new stuff this year and a one-off show.

I don't know. There has to be something behind the curtains, right? It just doesn't make any sense. And we know for sure that he has no problem with being dishonest when it comes to surprises (he introduced HM back in 2013 by saying "I was less than honest about what I've been really up to"). Maybe he's holding back further information because of ... reasons.

That's what I'm hoping anyway.

somewhat_
01-12-2017, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't trust anything he says.

BRoswell
01-12-2017, 05:27 AM

He says they're not touring. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that will be the only show they do this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple shows are announced down the road.

Ash512
01-12-2017, 06:24 AM
I find it hard to believe a single festival performance would justify getting a band together/rehearsing/having a stage designed, etc. It's gotta be a huge paycheck.
Unless they do something really simple, like a two-piece band with minimal lighting, but I can't see that happening either. For a short, hardcore fan centric club tour that would make sense, but maybe not to headline a festival...

That being said, it being a one-off makes that show so much more exciting though.

sweeterthan
01-12-2017, 06:38 AM
I refuse to believe the festival date is the only nin show this year.

botley
01-12-2017, 07:55 AM
It may or may not be, but a handful of festival appearances does not really count as 'touring', per se. TR is a busy man, and the giant worldwide trek for Hesitation Marks is not something he seems eager to repeat. Kids in school and all that.

fillow
01-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Maybe they are doing a residency

buckaroo
01-12-2017, 08:29 AM
I refuse to believe the festival date the only show this year.

I agree, it isn't like nin is an active "band" that can just decide hey, let's get together and play some shows to make money. I assume it takes some effort to get a band together, learn songs that the musicians were not involved in writing and may not be performing on their respective instruments, create and execute some sort of stage show, etc.

Although it would be kind of cool to do a full set in the Kraftwerk style they have used recently, I am not sure that would be the best for a festival setting. I also don't know how well it would work to play a straight set like a regular rock band (Pearl Jam for example). They have always set the bar pretty high in terms of performances so I am intrigued. If they had just completed a tour or were in the middle of legs a low effort one-off festival show would make sense, but as a first show in a few years it would be weird not to do something interesting.

theimage13
01-12-2017, 08:53 AM
I find it hard to believe a single festival performance would justify getting a band together/rehearsing/having a stage designed, etc. It's gotta be a huge paycheck.
Unless they do something really simple, like a two-piece band with minimal lighting, but I can't see that happening either. For a short, hardcore fan centric club tour that would make sense, but maybe not to headline a festival...

That being said, it being a one-off makes that show so much more exciting though.

No one said anything about designing a new stage. He's played with so many musicians that it wouldn't take long to rehearse a set of stuff that's been played hundreds of times before.

I wouldn't expect to be blown away by a festival show. Probably 16-18 tracks, maybe one or two of them on the "rarer" side of things. Don't expect this to be a show that old fans who have seen them several times before will lose their shit over.

niggo
01-12-2017, 09:19 AM
No one said anything about designing a new stage. He's played with so many musicians that it wouldn't take long to rehearse a set of stuff that's been played hundreds of times before.

I wouldn't expect to be blown away by a festival show. Probably 16-18 tracks, maybe one or two of them on the "rarer" side of things. Don't expect this to be a show that old fans who have seen them several times before will lose their shit over.

Then I don't really get why they're only doing one/very few shows. What's the benefit of playing a "standard" show you've done hundreds of times and not having a tour accompany it? It seems so unusual, especially because it's a festival.

Money can't be it. And if Trent just wants to play a few shows again without having to tour for a couple of months, he could easily do that with NIN on its own. No need for festivals, which in general probably aren't that great for both the band and the fans.

skullboy0
01-12-2017, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't trust anything he says.

This. Last time when the word got out they were doing shows, when asked he said no new music, just doing some shows! Then right before the shows, I lied, there's a new record coming out!

Heck, in this interview he says they're working on a full NIN album but it probably won't be done this year, last month it was two major works this year.

ninlive
01-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Y'all. Maybe it's a string of festival dates. Just FYI, Lollapalooza is the next weekend and that lineup has still yet to come out. :p

implanted_microchip
01-12-2017, 10:29 AM
I mean, is there are any real reason to believe that the interview was done in the past few days and not a month or so ago and just now got released? That note about the Panorama fest is 100% the kind of thing I could see an editor choosing to wedge in due to its appropriateness after the fact and a lot of publications can take a bit to fully proof and edit something, as well as pick the right time to put it out.

theimage13
01-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Then I don't really get why they're only doing one/very few shows. What's the benefit of playing a "standard" show you've done hundreds of times and not having a tour accompany it? It seems so unusual, especially because it's a festival.

Money can't be it. And if Trent just wants to play a few shows again without having to tour for a couple of months, he could easily do that with NIN on its own. No need for festivals, which in general probably aren't that great for both the band and the fans.

Why can't it be money? And what would be wrong with it if it was? Headlining a festival is a six to seven figure payday. If you're a husband and father working as a composer and musician for a living, why would you turn down a big paycheck? He's working on soundtracks, NIN, HDTA...these things aren't free. It would make perfect sense to accept the right offer for no other reason than to maintain financial stability.

But let's assume it's not just money. Ever considered that he misses playing live, but not enough to want to tour? Maybe this is a good middle ground. Or maybe he just wants to dip his toe into the live scene and see what kind of reaction he gets, and use that as a benchmark for upcoming gig decisions. And of course, maybe you just haven't heard about other dates yet.........

But point being, money can be all, and there's nothing wrong with that. Music is his job. Jobs pay the bills.

somewhat_
01-12-2017, 12:10 PM
maybe you just haven't heard about other dates yet..........

Have you?

niggo
01-12-2017, 12:17 PM
theimage13 Huh? It seems like you're misinterpreting my post.

At no point I said something about money being wrong, I just assumed it wouldn't be a reason for Trent to play a one-off show. I imagine he's a financially stable guy — although I agree I'm not in a position to make that statement. Either way, I feel like it's notthat far-fetched and it seems that he is someone who's thinking about playing shows from an artistic point of view rather than paying bills.

Anyway.

Ever considered that he misses playing live, but not enough to want to tour?

Yeah. I literally wrote that in the post you quoted. I just always had the impression that he doesn't like festivals that much and that's the reason I wondered.

TheRealNs1
01-12-2017, 12:27 PM

This is the same guy that said he was done with touring. I have the tour poster on my wall saying so.

theimage13
01-12-2017, 01:17 PM
@theimage13 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=809) Huh? It seems like you're misinterpreting my post.

At no point I said something about money being wrong, I just assumed it wouldn't be a reason for Trent to play a one-off show. I imagine he's a financially stable guy — although I agree I'm not in a position to make that statement. Either way, I feel like it's notthat far-fetched and it seems that he is someone who's thinking about playing shows from an artistic point of view rather than paying bills.

Anyway.

Yeah. I literally wrote that in the post you quoted. I just always had the impression that he doesn't like festivals that much and that's the reason I wondered.

This is what happens when I switch tabs to ETS between bouts of trying to figure out how the hell to roll a nearly decade old retirement plan into a different one at a new employer. My brain isn't working right at the moment.

Kid Charlemagne
01-12-2017, 08:31 PM
I'd expect maybe another festival date or two at most. Maybe Outside Lands in SF or Lollapalooza. Trent probably has a longstanding relationship with Goldenvoice, so the exclusiveness of this performance may be a selling point to fans and people attending the festival. It's been two years since the last tour? I would think if this is a lone date or one of a handful of shows, maybe he has the same crew from the NIN/SG tour since it's probably embedded in them and easy to pull off.

bryan_NIN65
01-13-2017, 06:56 AM
I already booked a room for Lollapalooza just in case, lol. I could always cancel if they don't play but I believe they will. The dates are just to close to not do it, plus ain't he super cool with them guys?

wizfan
01-13-2017, 09:01 AM
Remember when Atticus was a guest on the final shows of the 2009 tour? I'd like a whole concert like that; only TRAR and their millions of laptops, synths, amps, gadgets, swarmatrons, iPads, PlayStations, that skull-shaped lamp, John Lennon's Mellotron etc. and just let 'em rip.

Rubeninphoenix
01-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Just bought my ticket for Panorama!

eversonpoe
01-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Remember when Atticus was a guest on the final shows of the 2009 tour? I'd like a whole concert like that; only TRAR and their millions of laptops, synths, amps, gadgets, swarmatrons, iPads, PlayStations, that skull-shaped lamp, John Lennon's Mellotron etc. and just let 'em rip.

would much rather see Robert Fripp's mellotron, but that's just me

witte
01-13-2017, 10:18 AM
the next important step @ nin.com: adding topic "Tour" on the menu. :)
Yes... the "LIVE" button arrived on the menu :)

this means, there's coming more!

botley
01-13-2017, 12:28 PM
would much rather see Robert Fripp's mellotron, but that's just me
He uses an iPad app these days, haha.

TheBang
01-13-2017, 03:38 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

streetman
01-13-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm kinda torn. I'm not sure whether to buy tix for this NYC festival or just wait around and see if Trent will do shows closer to my neck of the woods. What would you guys suggest?

somewhat_
01-13-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm kinda torn. I'm not sure whether to buy tix for this NYC festival or just wait around and see if Trent will do shows closer to my neck of the woods. What would you guys suggest?

I'm in the same boat and I'm waiting it out. At worst I believe you can find a Sunday only ticket for near face value (maybe even cheaper) on a ticket resale site later on.

ManBurning
01-13-2017, 04:49 PM

this means, there's coming more!

Oh, so THAT'S What he's calling touring these days... "Playing Live"

OK, I'll play along... NIN aren't touring in 2017, nope. Not at all. Trent is right, NIN aren't touring in 2017. They're "Playing live"

GulDukat
01-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Hoping for a Spring or Fall tour, only because a Summer tour will mean going all the way to fucking Mansfield for me. :p

sick among the pure
01-14-2017, 12:58 PM
I'm in the same boat and I'm waiting it out. At worst I believe you can find a Sunday only ticket for near face value (maybe even cheaper) on a ticket resale site later on.

That's what I did for Made In America when NIN headlined. People will often buy 3-day passes, which give you the individual tickets, and then sell the day(s) they don't care about for a little under face value to cut the cost for the days they care about. It was actually the cheapest NIN show I had gone to since WT, maybe LITS.

somewhat_
01-20-2017, 05:18 AM
Never mind..... most likely fake FYF poster/lineup with NIN as headliner. Looks like FYF lineup won't be released until March.

implanted_microchip
01-20-2017, 12:51 PM
teitan if you were ever going to perform all of Year Zero live, this would be the year to do it.

somewhat_
01-27-2017, 05:58 PM
http://inforoo.com/thread/35826/lollapalooza-2017-aug-3-6?page=7

TheRealNs1
01-27-2017, 06:56 PM
There's rumors that they're kicking off a co-headlining tour with QOTSA late summer. It'd be nice if they snagged both.

Read more: http://inforoo.com/thread/35826/lollapalooza-2017-aug-3-6?page=7#ixzz4X0td8Krq

oh please please please please please.

Krazy
01-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Hoping no. Better yet, fuck no.

That would kind kind of suck to have NIN come back and have a watered down tour. Flipping coins to determine who the "headliner" would be like they did Down Under.

At at this point in their careers I'm not even sure who the band would be that would sell more tickets. If NIN can't put on their own show in a large venue, then it may be just time to stick to large clubs.

TheRealNs1
01-28-2017, 12:14 PM

That would kind kind of suck to have NIN come back and have a watered down tour. Flipping coins to determine who the "headliner" would be like they did Down Under.

At at this point in their careers I'm not even sure who the band would be that would sell more tickets. If NIN can't put on their own show in a large venue, then it may be just time to stick to large clubs.

they did a tour with Soundgarden and NIN closed every night...

Krazy
01-28-2017, 12:27 PM
they did a tour with Soundgarden and NIN closed every night...

Yes, but it was a bit watered down to a festival set list. Which I don't think was a real problem since they did a proper arena tour late 2013. NIN is the obvious headliner between those two. Not so sure about QOTSA. Worse yet was they did that weird headliner swap in Australia.

bobbie solo
01-28-2017, 12:40 PM

the payout/amenities/PR afforded to even a somewhat middling arena/amphitheatre tour compared to a large club tour just aren't close. Thats why bands that have no business doing arena tours (Megadeth...Third Eye Blind/Silversun Pickups...Prophets of Rage) keep trying to guild the lily in half to 3/4 filled venues. There's just too much chance of more $ being made from a variety of options that are just not there if u settle for a club tour.

Krazy
01-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Just think it would be a bummer for NIN to come back after several years of being gone, only to do festivals and a co-headlining tour. Id absolutely love to see Trent do another (new) high production arena show.

The above seems to be pure speculation from people just chatting on message boards any how. We'll see what happens in the coming months I guess.

thatguymark
01-28-2017, 03:28 PM
So, my local festival announces its lineup Tuesday morning and they've started tweeting hints at who could be included: https://twitter.com/SlossFest . Just 2 pics so far, and neither seem to suggest NIN. I'm at a loss who the oxygen tank could refer to, but the second picture COULD mean RHCP will be here, which would be kinda cool if there are other decent bands in the lineup. Do you guys see anything I don't see in those clues?

Krazy
01-28-2017, 03:53 PM
So, my local festival announces its lineup Tuesday morning and they've started tweeting hints at who could be included: https://twitter.com/SlossFest . Just 2 pics so far, and neither seem to suggest NIN. I'm at a loss who the oxygen tank could refer to, but the second picture COULD mean RHCP will be here, which would be kinda cool if there are other decent bands in the lineup. Do you guys see anything I don't see in those clues?

That first pic they tweeted with the brick wall on the right reminds me of the YZ resistance flag or whatever it is. Admittedly that's one hell of a stretch though.

witte
01-28-2017, 04:06 PM
The EP is something complete different what we expected, so please, let a tour give us the same surprise. Please not only 'standard' festivals and co-headlining...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

thatguymark
01-31-2017, 08:29 AM
That first pic they tweeted with the brick wall on the right reminds me of the YZ resistance flag or whatever it is. Admittedly that's one hell of a stretch though.

Well, NIN is a no-go for Slossfest. The headliners are Alabama Shakes and Widespread Panic. So... I won't be going to that one. AL Shakes are great, but not festival-headliner great, and I've seen them before, and no one else in the line-up makes me think this would be worth the cost or dealing with the crowd in the heat.

So, 3 weeks later, NY is still the only confirmed date? That's just odd. If it's the only one, I sure hope it's something really special and available for everyone to stream.

niggo
01-31-2017, 09:07 AM
The more I think about it, the more I realize: It's probably the same as always with those guys. I bet they're just waiting for the right moment to drop the fucking news. Just one random festival date? And no comments on that at all being just a one-off show? Yeah, sure. Pair that with a whole new "Live"-section on nin.com and "two major projects in 2017" and you got yourself an awesome year for NIN fans.

I'm betting my ass there will be new music around summer. And there will definitely be more shows. I'd be really surprized if all this new energy that is focused on NIN would just fade away as quickly as it showed up. New website, new art director, new vinyls, new EP—this will definitely lead to more.

I'm hyped already.

bobbie solo
01-31-2017, 10:04 AM
Lolla/Osheaga with a few dates around those seems the most likely since they would pay a shit ton (esp. if they are in desperate need of a headliner), the NIN camp has a long & well-established relationship with the Lolla camp & everyone who headlines Lolla usually does Osheaga at the same time. We're not hearing more dates b/c they holding back legally until Lolla announces their lineup. And it won't be many dates in between b/c Trent said it won't be a full tour. Unless of course he was being coy or that's just changed.

somewhat_
01-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Oshega should be announced within the next couple of weeks and FYF will be announced at the beginning of March. I think we will have a better idea by then, but if they do play lollapalooza we might not know about non festival dates until that's announced- which I believe is late March/early April.

somewhat_
02-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Are NIN playing WayHome?

Edit: never mind, no logical evidence. I will leave the link up in case anyone wants to see what was going on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wayhome/comments/5slu6s/website_being_updated/

nooneimportant
02-09-2017, 05:17 AM
Given the way things are going in the world this year, I'm expecting Trent to rely heavily on Year Zero songs for any shows he plans on doing this year. We could very well see the return of Capital G or God Given.

Dra508
02-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Given the way things are going in the world this year, I'm expecting Trent to rely heavily on Year Zero songs for any shows he plans on doing this year. We could very well see the return of Capital G or God Given.Lyrics changed to Capital D

SuperNINtendo Chalmers
02-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Wayhome's not happening.

theimage13
02-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Year Zero start to finish.

nooneimportant
02-16-2017, 05:25 AM
Brances/Bones would be an awesome opener. Imagine when it gets at the breakdown Ilan comes in on drums. The energy could be really good.

BRoswell
02-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Brances/Bones would be an awesome opener. Imagine when it gets at the breakdown Ilan comes in on drums. The energy could be really good.

Pinion (or the Pinion/The Eater Of Dreams combo that was used a few times) into Branches/Bones would be fantastic.

theimage13
02-16-2017, 05:47 PM
Pinion (or the Pinion/The Eater Of Dreams combo that was used a few times) into Branches/Bones would be fantastic.

I can see that. If each was actually re-worked a little bit so that it was more of a single, modified song as opposed to just playing both in their entirety. The ITT / Zero Sum blend worked great to close out the show. This could be a great way to open one.

somewhat_
02-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Word on the street is that NIN may be at Coachella: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coachella/comments/5vz0s5/rumor_nine_inch_nails_andor_frank_ocean_to_fill/

Not sure if they'd be ready?

Edit: supposedly the guy on Reddit who posted this rumor normally gets the headliners correct. This could be legit.

arsenic
02-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Four years ago today: Trent Reznor Announces the Return of Nine Inch Nails: Extensive Touring for 2013 and 2014 (http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-trent-reznor-announces-the-return-of-nine-inch-nails-extensive-touring-for-2013-and-2014/)

bobbie solo
02-25-2017, 01:49 AM
Not sure if they'd be ready?

Edit: supposedly the guy on Reddit who posted this rumor normally gets the headliners correct. This could be legit.

They were not planning on touring that early. But Coachella just got screwed by Beyonce's bullshit, so they might be ponying up big, big dollars to get someone last minute. NIN's management (or really whoever the replacement headliner is) has Golden Voice up against the wall. The lure of bigger money than they can get really anywhere else might be too good to pass up, rush job or not.

streetman
02-25-2017, 03:40 AM
They were not planning on touring that early. But Coachella just got screwed by Beyonce's bullshit, so they might be ponying up big, big dollars to get someone last minute. NIN's management (or really whoever the replacement headliner is) has Golden Voice up against the wall. The lure of bigger money than they can get really anywhere else might be too good to pass up, rush job or not.

I've heard that a lot recently. How do you know that? Trent could have been ready months ago. We have no clue. All he did was confirm to us that he would be headlining Panorama. That's it. That's all the knowledge we have as far as touring goes. We have no idea how prepared Trent is and when his ideal starting time is. Only he does.

somewhat_
02-25-2017, 05:18 AM
I've heard that a lot recently. How do you know that? Trent could have been ready months ago. We have no clue. All he did was confirm to us that he would be headlining Panorama. That's it. That's all the knowledge we have as far as touring goes. We have no idea how prepared Trent is and when his ideal starting time is. Only he does.

We do know Alessandro and Ilan have been busy doing their own thing up until this point. Ilan has confirmed via Instagram live stream that he will be the drummer. Also, If there were any plans for dates in April, May, or June they would have most likely been announced by now.

He's not ready right now, but that doesn't mean he can't pull it off. It might be any interesting challenge for him.

I don't expect any additional touring, besides this Coachella possibility, until July.

fillow
02-25-2017, 05:51 AM
I think they can be ready to go any time now, as far as playing the songs live goes. They can trade the supposedly unfinished visual production for more interesting and aggressive set list, no?

WorzelG
02-25-2017, 06:29 AM
I think they can be ready to go any time now, as far as playing the songs live goes. They can trade the supposedly unfinished visual production for more interesting and aggressive set list, no?
Would that fit with a crowd that was disappointed by Beyonce pulling out?

jessamineny
02-25-2017, 07:13 AM
I don't understand how NIN would make any sort of reasonable replacement for Beyonce. I love the band, but it's not even in the same stratosphere of popularity

Disassociative
02-25-2017, 07:13 AM
Would that fit with a crowd that was disappointed by Beyonce pulling out?

No but I'd love to see their reaction

WorzelG
02-25-2017, 07:29 AM
No but I'd love to see their reaction
There wouldn't be a reaction, they just wouldn't bother. They'd just see some bloody awful EDM shit instead probably

Disassociative
02-25-2017, 07:43 AM
There wouldn't be a reaction, they just wouldn't bother. They'd just see some bloody awful EDM shit instead probably

You're more than likely right, but I can dream right? Hahaha it's been streamed like the HDTA set, NIN come on, break into Somewhat Damaged to open the set or something then the camera pans over the crowd when the heavy bit kicks in and they're all like '...wat'

WorzelG
02-25-2017, 07:46 AM
You're more than likely right, but I can dream right? Hahaha it's been streamed like the HDTA set, NIN come on, break into Somewhat Damaged to open the set or something then the camera pans over the crowd when the heavy bit kicks in and they're all like '...wat'
People might actually know Somewhat Damaged due to it being on The Walking Dead

ryanmcfly
02-25-2017, 09:53 AM
People might actually know Somewhat Damaged due to it being on The Walking Dead
This whole idea reminds me of the video from Reading 2013. During Somewhat Damaged, there's one girl just looking at the stage with a blank look on her face.

Disassociative
02-25-2017, 09:59 AM
This whole idea reminds me of the video from Reading 2013. During Somewhat Damaged, there's one girl just looking at the stage with a blank look on her face.

I found the video you mean. She really does not give a shit about what's happening onstage. I would say she's waiting for the next band but weren't NIN the closing act?

WorzelG
02-25-2017, 10:07 AM
I found the video you mean. She really does not give a shit about what's happening onstage. I would say she's waiting for the next band but weren't NIN the closing act?

Oh god don't bring this up again. The headliners were biffy clyro

Disassociative
02-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Oh god don't bring this up again. The headliners were biffy clyro

Ah. Right. Now I remember. God that was a mess.

Tommy_Macbeth
02-25-2017, 01:59 PM

https://youtu.be/xDIT4ADCXWc?t=39m17s

wizfan
02-26-2017, 09:53 AM
https://youtu.be/xDIT4ADCXWc?t=39m17s

My favorite part was the guy in the green suit here: https://youtu.be/xDIT4ADCXWc?t=42m09s

Tommy_Macbeth
02-26-2017, 10:40 AM
My favorite part was the guy in the green suit here: https://youtu.be/xDIT4ADCXWc?t=42m09s

first of all that is hilarious and that reminds me of how much I love The Beginning Of The End

acrid avid jam shred
02-28-2017, 02:48 AM
Watched a bit of that Reading gig, Disappointed is fucking neat! That Chinese Erhu part that Josh plays is really cool and unique. The muted, rhythmic guitar strumming Trent does during Copy of A adds an awesome layer of funkiness to the song as well!

I reckon She's Gone Away and Burning Bright are going to be monstrous and brilliantly sludgy at the New York show. Really looking forward to seeing how all the songs translate to a live situation.

Deepvoid
02-28-2017, 11:13 AM
As I said before ... no NIN at Osheaga. Headliners are Muse, Lorde and The Weeknd.
Really does look like this will be a one-off date.

somewhat_
02-28-2017, 11:33 AM
As I said before ... no NIN at Osheaga. Headliners are Muse, Lorde and The Weeknd.
Really does look like this will be a one-off date.

Give it a few weeks.

ryanmcfly
02-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Still pretty sure they're going to play Lollapalooza.

somewhat_
02-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Assuming this Coachella rumor is bs, FYF is definitely a possibility as well

Deepvoid
02-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Still pretty sure they're going to play Lollapalooza.

Muse is also doing Lolla this year.
That leaves two spots and normally Osheaga and Lolla have a tendency to share headliners.

somewhat_
02-28-2017, 02:29 PM
LITS is probably a good example of a time frame we could expect a full tour announcement if it's to happen:

On March 27, 2008, after much speculation, Nine Inch Nails announced a series of North American tour dates. A statement from Trent Reznor accompanied the announcement:
Lots going on in the world of nine inch nails...

Confirming a very poorly kept secret, the band has been reformed (details coming!) and we are about to embark on an extensive tour. The first wave of dates I can mention at this time appear below. Many more to come!
See you soon."

Tour Dates
Date/LocationVenue
2008/07/19 Los Angeles, CAThe Forum (Dress rehearsal)
2008/07/25 Pemberton, BCPemberton Festival
2008/07/26 Seattle, WAKey Arena at Seattle Center
2008/07/28 Edmonton, ABRexall Place
2008/07/29 Calgary, ABPengrowth Saddledome
2008/07/31 Winnipeg, MBMTS Centre
2008/08/02 Minneapolis, MNTarget Center (POSTPONED TO NOVEMBER 25, 2008)
2008/08/03 Chicago, ILGrant Park (Lollapalooza)
2008/08/05 Toronto, ONAir Canada Centre
2008/08/07 Uncasville, CTMohegan Sun Arena
2008/08/08 Worcester, MADCU Center (POSTPONED TO NOVEMBER 9, 2008)
2008/08/10 Baltimore, MDPimlico Race Course (Virgin Mobile Festival)
2008/08/12 Knoxville, TNKnoxville Civic Coliseum
2008/08/13 Duluth, GAGwinnett Arena
2008/08/15 Oklahoma City, OKFord Center
2008/08/16 Houston, TXToyota Center
2008/08/18 Dallas, TXAmerican Airlines Center
2008/08/20 St. Louis, MOScottrade Center
2008/08/22 Cleveland, OHQuicken Loans Arena
2008/08/23 Auburn Hills, MIPalace of Auburn Hills
2008/08/25 Toledo, OHSeagate Convention Center
2008/08/27 East Rutherford, NJIzod Center
2008/08/29 Philadelphia, PAWachovia Center
2008/08/31 Lexington, KYRupp Arena
2008/09/02 Morrison, CORed Rocks Amphitheater
2008/09/03 Salt Lake City, UTThe E Center of West Valley
2008/09/05 Oakland, CAOracle Arena (formerly Oakland Arena)
2008/09/06 Inglewood, CAThe Forum

If we don't hear anything else by the second week of April I'm buying my ticket to NYC.

TheRealNs1
02-28-2017, 07:15 PM
2008/09/06 Inglewood, CAThe Forum

Cool, didn't realize my first NIN show was the very last LitS show on the first round. I managed to snag the last show of LitS1 and LitS2 as my first and second NIN shows.

FULLMETAL
02-28-2017, 09:34 PM
According to Billboard Magazine (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7709042/lady-gaga-replace-beyonce-coachella), Lady Gaga is taking Beyonce's slot for Coachella. So, this probably kills the NIN rumor for now.

somewhat_
03-17-2017, 08:25 AM
My guess for next weeks festival lineup announcements - nin will play FYF but not Lollapalooza

Edit: nine inch nails is playing FYF

https://twitter.com/fyffest/status/842751623977869312

niggo
03-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Well, that teaser is pretty unmistakable. Awesome!

somewhat_
03-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Let the floodgates open. Bring on the rest of the dates!

implanted_microchip
03-17-2017, 12:13 PM
How is FYF, typically? Worth going to?

TheRealNs1
03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
How is FYF, typically? Worth going to? outdoors in LA in summer sounds fucking amazing. With prop64 sounds even MORE fucking amazing.

<shutupandtakemymoney.jpg>

Krazy
03-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Anyone else bummed that this may end up being a festival only tour a la summer of 2013? :(

implanted_microchip
03-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Anyone else bummed that this may end up being a festival only tour a la summer of 2013? :(

The biggest thing is there are basically no festivals here in Florida that I can see them going to. I've pretty much accepted I'm going to be traveling somewhere for them, but I'm waiting to see where the options are before planning to hard on it.

BRoswell
03-17-2017, 03:09 PM

If there's even a tour...

somewhat_
03-17-2017, 03:27 PM

Hopefully we get more info on a proper tour rather quickly. I expect FYF to sell out fast. Aphex twin and Bjork are also rumored. Word is their lineup is so stacked they had to change it from a 2 day festival to a 3 day festival somewhat last minute.

sick among the pure
03-18-2017, 02:19 AM
I am 100% ok with this being a festival run if it means a non-festival (prefer club, but I doubt I'll get to see a NIN club run, at least in the northeastern states) run either over winter or early spring. I hate summer shows because of the heat, so let the festivals get NIN for the summer, I want some fall/winter/spring headlining shows. Hopefully before the earth, or at least this country, is destroyed. Come on, Trent, we don't know how long we have. As it is I'm nervous about hitting up Canadian venues because of how border patrol has been acting.

sweeterthan
03-18-2017, 03:42 PM
That fyf teaser video pumped me up for these festival shows. Let's hope for lots of live streaming.

I think there will be a tour. It's really a matter of when. He said no plans to tour right now but I bet that changes once there's a band.

Ryan
03-19-2017, 03:05 AM

the best part about life is
knowing you put it together

somewhat_
03-19-2017, 07:52 AM
Summer of 2013 was an international festival tour. It's apparent that this will only be a handful, at most, of US festivals, which would indicate the possibility of having a proper US/NA tour around these select festival dates. Of course, they could just play the few festivals and that's it, but that seems unlikely. Why wouldn't they play shows between the weekend in LA and the following weekend in NYC?

suprefan
03-20-2017, 04:22 AM
That fyf teaser video pumped me up for these festival shows. Let's hope for lots of live streaming.

Well there wont be a webcast, so you really will have to depend on somebody to stream it form their phone.

How is FYF, typically? Worth going to?

It really will be this year, just go look up the line ups from the past couple years, if it fits your cup of tea, then youll be good for the whole weekend. they do sell single day passes, but those will be gone in no time at all, so you cannot debate on if you want to go or not once its announced and the onsale date is posted.

Line up is out on Tuesday btw.

Kid A
03-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Bring on the real dates...

buckaroo
03-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Bring on the real dates...

I am half expecting the "I've been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately..." update in the next few weeks.

bobbie solo
03-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Summer of 2013 was an international festival tour. It's apparent that this will only be a handful, at most, of US festivals, which would indicate the possibility of having a proper US/NA tour around these select festival dates. Of course, they could just play the few festivals and that's it, but that seems unlikely. Why wouldn't they play shows between the weekend in LA and the following weekend in NYC?

They almost have to. How else can you jusitfy the costs of all that crew? What do you do with them during the week in between? Doesn't make much sense financially unless they are traveling extremely light with crew and just flying them out a week after FYF to NYC for Panorama. No one does that, and it makes little sense.

As far as other festivals, both of these are owned by Goldenvoice. Bands typically sign contracts nowadays to do multiple festivals from one promoter, similarly they'll do multiple radio station shows from one company (IHeartRadio). So does anyone knows of any other Goldenvoice festivals that have yet to announce their summer 2017 lineups? Especially ones that occur around late July/early August?

WorzelG
03-20-2017, 02:00 PM
I've seen speculation of them playing the 'Other Stage' at Glastonbury which is 21-25th June. Not sure how that lines up with anything but maybe they are playing world shows and it's just the US ones that have been announced. Glastonbury is always sold out months before line up is announced anyway