PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

implanted_microchip
05-11-2017, 11:11 PM
The thought of anything involving NIN live becoming like Tool scares the shit out of me on principle alone

Art Vandelay
05-12-2017, 12:29 AM
maybe TR will be so mad that he couldn't sell out Sunday FYF single day tix, he'll rage out on us. One can only hope....

I'd go see NIN and I would like to see Atticus with the band, but I fucking hate festival shows, if it was NIN at the Hollywood Bowl I'd definitely be there and Bjork is playing FYF on another night, I just hate festival shows. I have seen NIN over ten times and I am sure at some point they will tour so I can hold out.

TheRealNs1
05-12-2017, 12:56 PM
The thought of anything involving NIN live becoming like Tool scares the shit out of me on principle alone

So basically the NIN/Soundgarden tour, with $500 presale tix.

I'd go see NIN and I would like to see Atticus with the band, but I fucking hate festival shows, if it was NIN at the Hollywood Bowl I'd definitely be there and Bjork is playing FYF on another night, I just hate festival shows. I have seen NIN over ten times and I am sure at some point they will tour so I can hold out.

This will actually be my first NIN festival show. I'll probably hate it less because the FYF venue is fucking amazing. And hey, NIN is NIN.

Haysey_Draws
05-15-2017, 07:17 AM
I'll jump on that.
I think it would be really cool to hear Leaving Hope, Zero Sum, and then also Branches/Bones and The Idea of You. The last two will almost certainly be played; some cuts from still wouldn't surprise me considering the artwork from NTAE, and a live Zero Sum would be a fresh take on YZ

What i'd give to see Leaving Hope live!

jessamineny
05-15-2017, 07:46 AM
Meathead ruined that song for me :(

ryanmcfly
05-15-2017, 03:55 PM
So basically the NIN/Soundgarden tour, with $500 presale tix.

UGh. That tour pissed me off. I wish they would have had GA on the floor during that tour.

Krazy
05-15-2017, 05:54 PM
. I'll probably hate it less because the FYF venue is fucking amazing.

Whats the deal with the FYF grounds layout? It's still in a park and stuff, correct?...

TheRealNs1
05-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Whats the deal with the FYF grounds layout? It's still in a park and stuff, correct?...

ah good point, I haven't been to that venue since the Sports Arena was still a thing.

ManBurning
05-18-2017, 03:15 AM
Anyone think any of the "unreleased" Fragile Deviations instrumental cuts will be played live at any of these shows?

I'm personally hoping for "Was it Worth it"

Would be cool if one of the ones with lyrics taken out were played with the lyrics in place. But that's probably asking for WAY too much.

Haysey_Draws
05-18-2017, 03:31 AM
Anyone think any of the "unreleased" Fragile Deviations instrumental cuts will be played live at any of these shows?

I'm personally hoping for "Was it Worth it"

Would be cool if one of the ones with lyrics taken out were played with the lyrics in place. But that's probably asking for WAY too much.

As much as i'd love to hear a version of Was it worth it, i think those songs are extra deep cuts just for the die hards. Maybe they'd get a run out or used in an interlude on a NIN tour, but probably not a festival date.

I have been known to be wrong mind you :rolleyes:

implanted_microchip
05-18-2017, 08:41 PM
So since Pemberton was outright cancelled this year, anyone think it's likely they were in talks to play and didn't due to it being unreliable? I'm still just so puzzled at these extremely sparse dates with so much room in between.

Krazy
05-19-2017, 12:02 AM
So since Pemberton was outright cancelled this year, anyone think it's likely they were in talks to play and didn't due to it being unreliable? I'm still just so puzzled at these extremely sparse dates with so much room in between.

Maybe, maybe not. Pemberton already realeased the headliners in Muse, Chance, and ATCQ. I don't think NIN is in a position these days to be a top billed, must have act unfortunately.

eversonpoe
05-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Pemberton already realeased the headliners in Muse, Chance, and ATCQ. I don't think NIN is in a position these days to be a top billed, must have act unfortunately.

uh...they're headlining riot fest?

Krazy
05-19-2017, 08:26 AM

I meant more the lines of Coachella, Lolla, etc. The big ones. There seems to be a music festival in every city now, saturating the market a bit.

Eh, who knows. I'm sort of/kind of going off the last arena tour (Tension) which seemed like a mixed bag regarding ticket sales. NIN is also the only ticket left for FYF, the other single nights sold out.

Haysey_Draws
05-19-2017, 09:39 AM
To be fair, Outside of Closer and Hurt not many people really know NIN enough to go see at a headline festival slot. Trent has a very dedicated following but not a real mainstream reach like many of the headliners out there now, most of whom have headlined almost every other year around the world. That's not a dig, but i suspect many regular festival fans probably see NIN as a bit of an unknown?

implanted_microchip
05-19-2017, 10:27 AM
The guy has purposefully avoided having NIN become too mainstream for ages now since the release of Broken forward. I'd argue NIN has existed pretty delicately in between the spaces of being too niche or too common and it's allowed Trent to get away with just about anything -- pop hooks aren't forbidden but neither are out there experiments into noise. I can't imagine that he was sitting there making songs like Burning Bright and then complaining that they're not popular enough.

ManBurning
05-19-2017, 03:59 PM

They headlined the festival twice before. 2008 and 2014...

And to the person that asked, Yes, I do believe NIN was approached and even billed at one point, but dropped out. That was the word on the street anyway. Some guy on reddit that was making very, very accurate up to the minute predictions said they were on and bailed, which caused a delay.

All in all though, I'm glad they bailed. If they were announced, I would have dropped a bunch of money on hotel/travel/tickets to the festival and would be in hot water now trying to get my refund. I feel bad for everyone that got suckered into that, especially after the weak lineup dropped. People were still in denial that the the festival was on it's last legs.

Tons of festivals in Canada took a year off this year. Rock the Shores in Victoria, Heavy Montreal in Montreal. They knew this year was a bad year based on various things (low Canadian dollar, not enough talent available touring etc), but Pemberton decided to go against the grain and try and continue the show.

They ultimately shot themselves in the foot. I mean, they could have cut it down to a 2 or even 3 day festival instead of a 4 day one. They were way too in over their heads. Their estimated operating costs for the 4 day show was 22 million and they only racked in 8 million to date on ticket sales.

To be fair though, based on the statistics provided from the bankruptcy firm, the year NIN headlined (2014), they only sold 17,000 tickets per day and made an estimated 5 million. 2014 was the weakest year since the festival got revived from the dead in 2008 under promoters Live nation.

Their final year (last year) they sold 38,000 tickets per day and only made 15 mil. They had never made money in the 3 years they returned. And personally, year 2 and 3 were sub-par. For my tastes anyway. Looking back at the 2016 lineup, it's not as bad as I originally thought, but that's comparing it to the 2017 one, lol.

2014 was amazing. They pulled out all the stops for the first year back, yet it flopped? It was 3 days back then. NIN, Deadmau5 and Outkast were the headliners. I guess NIN can't pull in a festival audience after all? I read what someone wrote in this thread many, many pages ago when it was being speculated which festivals NIN might be at, and Lolla came up. Someone said that NIN's lolla preformance was very lackluster attendance wise, and therefore wouldn't be back. I was there at the show myself, I can't vouch on whether it was poor attendance, as I was pretty close up and too busy watching the show to look behind and see how many people were there.

I do know one thing, at Pemberton 2014, THAT was a deserted crowd. We left our campsite maybe 35-40 mins before NIN were set to go on stage, and we're able to still get front row against the gate. Almost any show/stage that festival you could get up front at any point you wanted.

Maybe they were on the bill and someone in the NIN camp warned them about their financial situation and they pulled out of it? Who knows. You could tell something was up with that festival this year anyway. The way they were beating around the bush with releasing their lineup and how their social media was ran. It got to the point where I was questioning whether I even wanted to attend or not if NIN was on the bill.

It's just sad that BC has lost yet another music festival. Traveling for shows gets expensive after a while. We always seem to the get the shaft unless it's a multi-platinum selling worldwide name like U2 or Katy Perry or Lady Gaga. That seems to be the only trash that can sell out shows in Vancouver there days. Quite sad actually.

somewhat_
05-20-2017, 10:34 AM
One of the reasons I'm still holding out a bit of hope for proper dates is the fact that qotsa haven't announced proper US dates yet for August/September.

Krazy
05-20-2017, 08:49 PM
One of the reasons I'm still holding out a bit of hope for proper dates is the fact that qotsa haven't announced proper US dates yet for August/September.

A co-headliner would kind of be a bummer. :/ Not much a fan of QOTSA to boot.

Good point though, kind of makes sense for both bands. I recall reading something on here about their co-headliner Aussie tour being a financial success.

ryanmcfly
05-22-2017, 01:47 PM
I hope these festivals get streamed. I know Riot Fest did a stream last year.

nooneimportant
05-22-2017, 10:01 PM
I hope these festivals get streamed. I know Riot Fest did a stream last year.

Wait, Riot Fest had a stream last year?! You mean I possibly could've seen the Danzig reunion?! Fuck.

TheRealNs1
05-24-2017, 12:02 PM

They're also headlining Sunday night FYF, aka the only night that hasn't sold out.

ryanmcfly
05-24-2017, 01:36 PM
I'm wondering if NIN is going to get the standard 90 minutes for Panorama. Last year, the headliner that closed the weekend played almost two hours I think.

somewhat_
05-31-2017, 10:53 AM
Voodoo fest announcement next Tuesday morning.

Haysey_Draws
06-01-2017, 02:35 AM
Voodoo fest announcement next Tuesday morning.

C u Next Tuesday

...i'm so sorry, i couldn't help myself.

SuperNINtendo Chalmers
06-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Ugh! Can you fuckers stop bumping this and making me think new dates have been announced?! Cunts!

SuperNINtendo Chalmers
06-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Oh, no...I'm officially part of the problem. I'M a cunt. Goddamnit. But it does almost feel like a "tour announcement" thread is justifiable at this point. Almost.

streetman
06-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Will Trent make an official announcement regarding the touring schedule? If so, when can we expect that? It's amazing that NIN takes to the stage next month after a 3 year hiatus. Hopefully we hear something official soon.

implanted_microchip
06-01-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm sure that once we've all spent like $500 on festival dates he'll announce a ton of headlining shows whose presales all come with copies of the Tension blu ray just to fuck with us

fillow
06-01-2017, 02:12 PM
when can we expect that? ... Hopefully we hear something official soon.
See, you already know the answer.

somewhat_
06-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Will Trent make an official announcement regarding the touring schedule? If so, when can we expect that? It's amazing that NIN takes to the stage next month after a 3 year hiatus. Hopefully we hear something official soon.

My hope is that the last possible festival date announcement, next Tuesday, will be the catalyst for some kind of info regarding other plans.

bryan_NIN65
06-01-2017, 10:05 PM
I'm sure that once we've all spent like $500 on festival dates he'll announce a ton of headlining shows whose presales all come with copies of the Tension blu ray just to fuck with us

This will be my luck. How the 3 day tickets, was hopping I could sell the other days for like $50 or $60. I just could not wait for the single day tickets.

Rubeninphoenix
06-03-2017, 09:44 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/6eyv45/i_was_surprised_to_see_this_in_my_neighborhood/?st=J3HDE7OM&sh=08e5f588

Some old school advertising for Riot Fest date.

thefragile_jake
06-05-2017, 11:02 PM
My hope is that the last possible festival date announcement, next Tuesday, will be the catalyst for some kind of info regarding other plans.

I'm almost under the impression that we'll start to hear more news about a possible fall tour when the new EP drops sometime before the first summer date in July. Almost in the way that the Tension 2013 tour was announced...with Hesitations Marks being announced, the new single and then the slew of dates all within 24 hours.

At least I'm hoping for that anyway...

Lerxto
06-05-2017, 11:14 PM
The fact that another EP will drop before this tour means there will be new materials worth almost a full-length album.
I wonder how many new songs will make it to the actual live set. Live NIN always intrigues me more than studio NIN.

somewhat_
06-06-2017, 06:36 AM
No Voodoo. That would have been a decent indication at the possibility of a fall tour, but it looks like it might just be the three dates. I will give it another 2 or 3 weeks and then I'm booking my trips to NYC and Chicago.

theimage13
06-06-2017, 07:23 AM
The fact that another EP will drop before this tour

wait what

(I think I missed something)

niggo
06-06-2017, 08:06 AM
^ There's a lot going on in the other threads on this board. Any of them, really.

jessamineny
06-06-2017, 08:18 AM
No Voodoo. That would have been a decent indication at the possibility of a fall tour, but it looks like it will just be the three dates. I will give it another 2 or 3 weeks and then I'm booking my trips to NYC and Chicago.

The phrasing in his note gives me hope ("before the first shows we do this summer")

niggo
06-06-2017, 08:41 AM
The phrasing in his note gives me hope ("before the first shows we do this summer")

Agreed. It's very interesting that he chooses to say "the first shows" instead of "the first show". That means there are a couple of shows (three) and those are the first.

Well, he could also specifically mean the first two shows at the end of July and then there's only the third in September and that's it. But I don't accept that at all.

fillow
06-06-2017, 08:45 AM
I can't believe some people still think there's no actual tour besides the three dates. Come on.

niggo
06-06-2017, 08:56 AM
I can't believe some people still think there's no actual tour besides the three dates. Come on.

Self-defence, bro. We don't get our hopes up.

Instead we over-analyze every teeny tiny bit of words that come out of this man's mouth. Seems reasonable and appropriate to me.

Shipley
06-06-2017, 09:28 AM
So do we think there is any relation to a trilogy of EPs and three dates scheduled? Also, I totally noticed the wording (before the first shows) as well and started to get excited.

Haysey_Draws
06-06-2017, 09:55 AM
So do we think there is any relation to a trilogy of EPs and three dates scheduled?

Now there's an interesting question! Given they are festival show's i can't imagine they'll be drastically different, but that's not to say they might not be connected to some way?

virushopper
06-06-2017, 10:48 AM
No Voodoo appearance this year.

sonic_discord
06-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Agreed. It's very interesting that he chooses to say "the first shows" instead of "the first show". That means there are a couple of shows (three) and those are the first.

Well, he could also specifically mean the first two shows at the end of July and then there's only the third in September and that's it. But I don't accept that at all.

As much as I'd like you to be right about that, I don't think TR puts as much thought into how he phrases things as most people here do when we pick apart his choice of words.

sweeterthan
06-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Ha. I definitely think he meant more by saying first shows. There's no way he's getting everyone together and rehearsing for a few shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halo eighteen
06-06-2017, 11:18 AM
If there was any kind of summer tour surrounding the festivals in July and September, we certainly would've heard about it by now.

sweeterthan
06-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Yeah but winter (and the 3rd ep) is coming.

sonic_discord
06-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Yeah but winter (and the 3rd ep) is coming.

I kind of doubt they'll announce a tour for the winter. I think we'll see a December or January release for the 3rd EP, followed by a spring 2018 tour to promote the whole trilogy. But I'm no expert, I've been wrong before, and I'd gladly buy tickets to a winter NIN show.

witte
06-06-2017, 12:51 PM
anyway, no voodoo (https://www.voodoofestival.com/lineup/?utm_campaign=2017-artist&utm_source=voodoo&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=20170606-lineup-launch)

Shipley
06-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Honestly, with the way this summer is going, I have already dumped enough cash on other live shows. A proper spring tour would be phenomenal, and give me time to save up money. Don't get me wrong, if NIN plays close enough I'll be there, credit card be damned.

On another note, I had noticed that Riot Fest said multiple bands will be playing complete albums at the festival, so I wonder again if this is another sign that this EP trilogy will be displayed per show, with some form of tie in to the album(s) the EPs are related to. We already know that NTAE has some pretty heavy influences from TDS, so maybe the first show is mostly NTAE/TDS inspired?

sonic_discord
06-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Honestly, with the way this summer is going, I have already dumped enough cash on other live shows. A proper spring tour would be phenomenal, and give me time to save up money. Don't get me wrong, if NIN plays close enough I'll be there, credit card be damned.

On another note, I had noticed that Riot Fest said multiple bands will be playing complete albums at the festival, so I wonder again if this is another sign that this EP trilogy will be displayed per show, with some form of tie in to the album(s) the EPs are related to. We already know that NTAE has some pretty heavy influences from TDS, so maybe the first show is mostly NTAE/TDS inspired?

I agree completely. I've already bought tickets to 8 concerts and 1 festival (RiotFest) this year and I have a wedding to pay for this summer too. Some time to save up money would be nice, but yeah, if they announce a tour, I'll be hitting F5 with my credit card in hand just like you. I'll be surprised if NIN is among the acts that play an entire album, although they could easily play an entire EP and have plenty of time to throw in the obligatory hits that festival goers expect/demand.

Shipley
06-06-2017, 01:12 PM
I agree completely. I've already bought tickets to 8 concerts and 1 festival (RiotFest) this year and I have a wedding to pay for this summer too. Some time to save up money would be nice, but yeah, if they announce a tour, I'll be hitting F5 with my credit card in hand just like you. I'll be surprised if NIN is among the acts that play an entire album, although they could easily play an entire EP and have plenty of time to throw in the obligatory hits that festival goers expect/demand.
Precisely. I've got 4 shows so far this summer, with some others I'm considering. I wanted to go to Riot Fest but I just couldn't afford to make it to Chicago. I'm getting married the beginning of October, so funny you mention affording a wedding. I guess we're in a similar position!

Just as you said, I do imagine they could play an entire EP at a fest, and then some songs tied in that could relate to that EP and round out the festival. It just sounds like an interesting concept.

somewhat_
06-06-2017, 01:14 PM
I still think there is a small possibility for August with QOTSA.

niggo
06-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Congrats on the wedding @sonic_discord (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5436)

My first real concert this year will be this friday (Hans Zimmer) and other than that my calendar is wide open for any NIN-related shows. I'm hoping Trent will be kind enough to visit us poor folks in Europe (if there's a tour at all, haha), otherwise I might be tempted to plan my first trip to the US ... although that's just crazily expensive.

I'm always having this argument in my mind that those are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and I want to absorb everything I can when it comes to NIN. If that means that I have to spend a lot of money and consequently have to cut back on other stuff -- so be it. I've only seen them twice in my life (both 2014) and I'm always so sad that I never got to see them back in the day.

sonic_discord
06-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Congrats on the wedding @sonic_discord (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5436)

...I'm always so sad that I never got to see them back in the day.

Thanks man! And I know what you mean. I remember hearing about a NIN concert from classmates back in like 6th grade and seeing NIN shirts all over at school and not knowing what NIN meant, but I was only 11 years old at the time. I didn't really get into NIN (besides loving Closer like everyone else) until 1996/97. I used to watch Closure religiously and wish I could have been at those shows. I still kick myself for not finding a way to go to one of the Wave Goodbye shows too. The closest that tour came to me was Chicago and I even tried to buy tickets to the Chicago date, if I remember correct, but they sold out too fast and I was too broke to go anyway at the time. Definitely was too broke to buy tickets second-hand at ridiculously inflated prices from somewhere like StubHub or eBay. Regardless, I've seen them six times now and I do feel that I caught some of their best tours, my absolute favorite being Lights in the Sky.

suprefan
06-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Better make some weekend plans.

FYI, the last longshot of a festival appearance would be in December with Day For Night, and thats it.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18922068_10155473535892948_1289008984916459400_n.j pg?oh=fc071388b3b482734b165f0d5e6ad750&oe=59A1F1D0

tony.parente
06-06-2017, 02:08 PM
I wonder if Manson refused to play under NIN and demanded to play the next day?

Shipley
06-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Better make some weekend plans.

Whelp... my theory is out the window. Ugh these tour dates need to keep coming!

suprefan
06-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Whelp... my theory is out the window. Ugh these tour dates need to keep coming!

Unless its announced after FYF and Panorama, all thats happening is this stuff

implanted_microchip
06-06-2017, 02:17 PM
NIN, APC, Run the Jewels, Gojira and EoDM all on the same day -- what a fucking lineup. Anyone got any suggestions on things to do around Sacramento? I might have to consider that date instead of Riot since it'd give me enough time in between Panorama and it for the trip to not eat me alive financially.

imail724
06-06-2017, 02:18 PM
I doubt that, but is this the first festival they've ever both been a part of? (Obviously not including Night of Nothing or anything like that)

Landshark
06-06-2017, 02:22 PM
FYI, the last longshot of a festival appearance would be in December with Day For Night, and thats it.

It's possible they could headline Houston Open Air - it's October 14/15. Lineup will be announced on Monday so guess we'll know soon.

eversonpoe
06-06-2017, 02:24 PM
barf, hollywood undead still exists? :confused:

ryanmcfly
06-06-2017, 02:44 PM
I would go absolutely nuts to see NIN with Stone Sour (I prefer it to Slipknot.) Corey Taylor and TR are my favorite vocalists of all time. Hoping both of them play at Houston Open Air.

sonic_discord
06-06-2017, 02:45 PM
It's kind of funny that Manson doesn't even get the one of the headlining slots at the top anymore. That is an amazing lineup though. I'd love to recreate my first concert and see APC/NIN. Throw in Mastodon, Ozzy, and Manson, and I'm very temped to drain my savings to go to this. Oh well, at least I'll be seeing QotSA, Saul Williams, and Prophets of Rage.

Krazy
06-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Hes lucky to be playing at all.

ManBurning
06-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Well, screw Chicago. I know where I'm going. lol

But wait.... is there actually going to be a tour?? Are they literally just playing 4 festival dates in the span of 4 months or are we being heavily trolled here?

It's kind of funny that Manson doesn't even get the one of the headlining slots at the top anymore.

Nah, seems correct. He was playing casinos here in Canada on his last run, casinos!!
Guy is officially Alice Cooper status now.

TheRealNs1
06-06-2017, 03:06 PM
GUYS, WHAT YEAR IS IT?!

http://aftershockconcert.com/lineup/

HOLY SHIT TAKE MY MONEY

somewhat_
06-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Unless its announced after FYF and Panorama, all thats happening is this stuff

Why is that the case? Why can't they announce the dates tomorrow?

armogi
06-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Godamnit, I hate festivals but this is too good to pass.

TheRealNs1
06-06-2017, 04:04 PM
I already booked a hotel room.

<3 free cancellation policies

bryan_NIN65
06-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Already booked a trip for Riot fest and then this hits!!! I was not even thinking about the possibility of this fest. This has to be like one of the only pure rock festivals they have been at besides maybe Woodstock 94? It seems like never play ''Rock'' festivals. Tickets are a good deal I think. If only it was not 1,850 miles away, hell Riot Fest will be a 1000 mile round trip as it is. I will now go check airplanes tickets, lol.

)
Edit: Well......would cost me a total of $1,200 for me +1 (flying) probably have to sit this one out...

Krazy
06-06-2017, 04:51 PM
May the NIN/APC co-tour speculation resume...

Deacon Blackfire
06-06-2017, 07:35 PM
The nin.com News post about Aftershock Festival refers to it as "a rare 2017 appearance", which makes it sound like there won't be a proper headlining tour - until 2018 (and the final part of the EP trilogy is released) anyway.

sweeterthan
06-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Winter 2018 it is.

bryan_NIN65
06-06-2017, 07:59 PM
The nin.com News post about Aftershock Festival refers to it as "a rare 2017 appearance", which makes it sound like there won't be a proper headlining tour - until 2018 (and the final part of the EP trilogy is released) anyway.

I fear the word ''Rare'' also. Was hoping the tour would be August through October. It could still be, RIGHT? My wife is going to seeing Katy Perry with a friend on October 22 and is getting home on he 24th. Trying to figure out if I can work this.

nooneimportant
06-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Aftershock Festival always has an incredible lineup but I have never gone despite living right near Sacramento. As much as I love the idea, I can't bring myself to attend a festival, perhaps one day I will try it but all the logistics of it don't seem good and I'd rather just see them on a headlining slot in a theater or arena.

tony.parente
06-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Firebrand is running aftershocks online merch store.

LOL OH BOY

ManBurning
06-07-2017, 12:28 AM

Yeah, I think this solidify's things here. I think it's these 4 festival dates (maybe another one might pop up) but I don't think there is a tour being planned here. If anything, once all the EPs have been released. So earliest would be Spring 2018.

This is the one I'm going to. This festival is too good to pass up. I'm buying tickets on Friday. I'm pumped!

suprefan
06-07-2017, 12:53 AM
Why is that the case? Why can't they announce the dates tomorrow?

Because most likely if there is a tour, and if NIN hit NY and LA on that tour, the festivals have a radius clause. Which does not allow for shows to happen within a specific distance and time frame of the festival. Time frame wise, the Aftershock date would line up with a tour if announced post festival in regards to FYF, which is 90 days, in which an L.A. date potentially could pop up if that was the case around there. Does it really make sense for NIN to announce a tour right now, and then have ridiculous gaps in the schedule due to the radius clauses in place by a festival? It would even affect things in the midwest because of Riot in Sept. You couldnt find out if there was a date in Michigan, Wisconsin or like Indiana due to the restrictions. Youll sit here and wonder what the hells happening, then make plans for other cities, the festivals pass, they add the other dates, and you get pissed the hell off for spending your money elsewhere because you didnt have any patience.

bobbie solo
06-07-2017, 01:52 AM

No, it's sadly b/c his fanbase is generally more of the mouth breather type nowadays, so he got put on the less "cerebral" day of the festival. That theory doesn't completely hold water as we have Stone Sour on the same day as NIN when they should more likely be on Sunday, but you see my point. It holds for most of the bigger bands booked.

bobbie solo
06-07-2017, 01:56 AM
Once we see who is playing on Friday of Riot Fest w/NIN, then I'll have to make the call whether to pull an audible and fly out for this instead. Seeing fantastic & immediately relevant groups of now like RtJ, Mastodon & Gojira instead of mostly nostalgia acts at Riot Fest could be really tempting. Plus I've never been to Sacramento. Speaking of, get Deftones on this thing!! Dudes never play their hometown.

kel
06-07-2017, 04:45 PM
May the NIN/APC co-tour speculation resume...

please no.

he made it a point to say that apc was the first opening band up until fragility that he didn't personally choose. give us more weird semi-unknowns. some of them (deerhunter, tvotr) have turned into my favorites.

fillow
06-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Eh. Just give us 'an evening with Nine Inch Nails' with long 2hrs+ sets.

ManBurning
06-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Personally, i'd rather have another joint tour like NIN/SG - NIN/JA. I'd be all over NIN/APC.

I never cared for the weird unknown artistic strange bands he brought on tour with him since about 2006. Thinking back to when he brought Dresden Dolls with him in 2005, I thought that was a terrible idea. But looking back now, I can appreciate them much more as an opening act now.

Wish I could say the same for things like "The Bug" or "Explosions in the sky" but I can't.... boy, oh boy can I not.... wow. The bug?????????????????

OR THIS:

Nothing I hate more than having to show up early to a show to get a good spot on the floor to have to suffer through 1-2 acts of garbage while waiting for the main act.
I love it when it`s just an evening with ________ (inset band name here) and they don`t bring anyone but themselves.

That's the only good reason to get a seat in an arena. So you can show up whenever you want and skip the crap. otherwise, being in a seat sucks.

kel
06-07-2017, 05:49 PM
i get it. when i saw the bug i felt nothing, but i also didn't feel much when i saw bauhaus (i know, i know). and all i felt during apc in 2000 was the crowd crushing me.

who knows this round.

sweeterthan
06-07-2017, 06:16 PM

Please let this happen

TheRealNs1
06-07-2017, 06:37 PM
All I can say is APC this year was absolute fire. Would've loved to have seen Freese back on the kit though...

NotoriousTIMP
06-07-2017, 09:45 PM

So what we got in 2009....I'm game for this...

thefragile_jake
06-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Trent has great taste in music and is always in the interest of checking out exciting bands that usually sync with my interests in new music ... so I'm way more inclined to see what types of lesser known groups/artists Trent is willing to have open up his show than an hour plus set of a notable band whose music I fell out of interest in during in my first years of high school.

Krazy
06-08-2017, 12:16 AM
It's not NIN, it's any established band. It's like a rite of passage for an established band for unknown (mostly crappy) bands to have for an opener. I think it was here that I read a link or comment on how most openers lose money opening for "larger" bands in an attempt to gain an audience.

If you're a band like U2 who can sell out a stadium pretty much as soon as tickets go on sale, doesn't make business sense to split profits for a "good" opener. There's a decent chance of NIN doing a coheadling tour since the Soundgarden and QOTSA tours had good turnouts.

Theres also the chance of NIN doing large clubs, which would be even better, if they don't go the arena/amphitheater route.

nooneimportant
06-08-2017, 03:39 AM
Some of the best artists have done opening sets for bigger names, some of them have done it much to the chagrin of themselves like Faith No More and NIN. Can you imagine how people felt at the time hearing NIN open for Skinny Puppy or Peter Murphy? They probably thought they sucked.

I don't mind openers because it gives me time to get situated. Nothing worse than coming in and having to hurry your ass up just to catch the start of the set. This happened to me with Primus a couple years ago, I was looking for parking for like 40 minutes and nearly missed the first song or two. If there was an opener I probably wouldn't have been so stressed.

implanted_microchip
06-08-2017, 06:31 PM
I remember after that European leg my two biggest hopes in 2014 were to see The Becoming and the studio version of TDTWWA live.

They then completely dropped The Becoming from the sets and out of the two setlists I saw, neither contained TDTWWA.

I'm really crossing my fingers that we see that version of TDTWWA come back. The Quiet version I got on Tension was absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite memories, but I'm dying to get smacked in the face with that wall of guitars.

ManBurning
06-09-2017, 02:29 PM
How static do you guys think this setlist is going to be given the amount of time in between shows?

Are they going to keep it simple and do the same songs for all 4 shows, or do you think they will change the songs up from show to show?

I'm just trying to decide if I want to peek at the first setlist or not. I took the plunge and bought tickets to Aftershock in Sacramento today.
October is a long ways away to not look at the setlist. I don't know if I can last 3 months without looking at the FYF/NY setlists.

TheRealNs1
06-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Are they going to keep it simple and do the same songs for all 4 shows, or do you think they will change the songs up from show to show?

I would be satisfied with an 80/20 ratio of static/non-static songs.

SuperNINtendo Chalmers
06-09-2017, 03:58 PM
If you're a band like U2 who can sell out a stadium pretty much as soon as tickets go on sale, doesn't make business sense to split profits for a "good" opener.

Not for nothing*, but U2 currently has Mumford & Sons opening for them on their Joshua Tree tour.

*pun intended

implanted_microchip
06-09-2017, 04:23 PM
I think that this tour is the most mysterious one NIN's done in ages -- none of us have any fucking clue what to expect.

They're festivals and yet they just came out with their most non-festival-friendly music since Ghosts. They're only a small handful of shows which makes the production element seem totally up in the air -- maybe they'll go nuts since they'll be in festivals and it'll be a limited run, or maybe they'll save the money of a big production and keep it stripped down. They've got a 5 piece with two different members who are residential synthfuckers and yet they're playing lots of rock fests.

Anyone's guess is as good as mine. We might get the most rigid, cliche NIN festival show where it's nothing but the three H's, the typical singles and the typical deeper cuts with two new songs or we might get something really intentionally unfriendly and weird and evolving. I'm hoping to be very surprised, but who knows? 2013/14 was my first NIN touring cycle so the last three years have been the first ones I've had to go through after having seen them, and I can safely say that at this point, I'm just happy to be seeing my favorite band in the world in person again. I'm not going to count on something like the 2013 festival run and hope to be surprised, but I'll take just about anything now.

With that all said ManBurning I'd still recommend avoiding the sets and production because it's likely enough that it'll all be very similar that I wouldn't take the risk if that's something that matters to you.

WorzelG
06-09-2017, 04:28 PM
I just hope some of the shows are streamed

implanted_microchip
06-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Oh and by the way we can all agree that I'm Afraid of Americans will be in the sets, right? This'll be the first tour since Bowie passed and they played it pretty frequently all through 2013 into 2014. I've still not had the fortune of seeing it, so that'd be a fantastic, if emotional, thing for me.

thefragile_jake
06-09-2017, 04:37 PM
I remember after that European leg my two biggest hopes in 2014 were to see The Becoming and the studio version of TDTWWA live.

They then completely dropped The Becoming from the sets and out of the two setlists I saw, neither contained TDTWWA.

I'm really crossing my fingers that we see that version of TDTWWA come back. The Quiet version I got on Tension was absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite memories, but I'm dying to get smacked in the face with that wall of guitars.

My hope and dream was to see Into the Void and Even Deeper at the very beginning of the Tension tour, but by the time the STL date rolled around they dropped both and we got Echoplex instead ... which ended up kind of souring my opinion on the show and being a little butt hurt after the show since I was so disappointed in the set list overall. It was my brother's first time seeing them so I'm hoping on the next tour to not be as obsessive about the set before hand, so it doesn't kill my vibe afterwards. I guess I always love the thrill of having a really unique set ... something that I totally related to when I listened to late comedian Harris Wittels' show with Scott Auckerman about Wittels' love of the band Phish called "Analyze Phish." A hilarious music related podcast I highly recommend ... even if you're not a Phish fan, which I totally am not.

bryan_NIN65
06-09-2017, 04:56 PM
My hope and dream was to see Into the Void and Even Deeper at the very beginning of the Tension tour, but by the time the STL date rolled around they dropped both and we got Echoplex instead ... which ended up kind of souring my opinion on the show and being a little butt hurt after the show since I was so disappointed in the set list overall. It was my brother's first time seeing them so I'm hoping on the next tour to not be as obsessive about the set before hand, so it doesn't kill my vibe afterwards. I guess I always love the thrill of having a really unique set ... something that I totally related to when I listened to late comedian Harris Wittels' show with Scott Auckerman about Wittels' love of the band Phish called "Analyze Phish." A hilarious music related podcast I highly recommend ... even if you're not a Phish fan, which I totally am not.

So glad I went to KC I could not make the STL show or I would have seen that one too!!! STL was the only show on Tension that did not get Even Deeper if I remember.

implanted_microchip
06-09-2017, 05:14 PM

While there were a number of songs I really wanted to see on Tension that didn't get played at my show, I also got to see them do TDTWWA (which was fairly rare that tour) and play Reptile and We Take Mystery To Bed with Gary Numan, so I was satisfied, and it also made me vow to never see just one show a tour again if I could help it. I really enjoyed that the sets fluctuated pretty organically throughout that tour and resulted in a lot of shows having neat little differences -- Into the Void would have been incredible, but the things I got instead were just as memorable.

I'd like to see these festival dates have just enough variation from show to show that everybody gets something unique to be happy about -- those kinds of tours are always the best.

Rubeninphoenix
06-09-2017, 05:15 PM
I haven't "officially" heard Into the Void live *BUT* I did get to hear it performed at a special soundcheck for a few of us in Vegas during Tension.

implanted_microchip
06-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I haven't "officially" heard Into the Void live *BUT* I did get to hear it performed at a special soundcheck for a few of us in Vegas during Tension.

Those Vegas setlists seemed great. I always like the shows where the production for whatever reason gets cut down and so they do a weirder setlist to make up for it.

Also, wow, it is so good to be talking about NIN Live again -- it's just now sinking in that this is really and totally happening in under 2 months.

Rubeninphoenix
06-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Those Vegas setlists seemed great. I always like the shows where the production for whatever reason gets cut down and so they do a weirder setlist to make up for it.

Also, wow, it is so good to be talking about NIN Live again -- it's just now sinking in that this is really and totally happening in under 2 months.Being in the crowd for Trent's Facetime call to Andrew Youssef before playing In This Twilight was such an amazing moment. I too can't believe that finally, we're talking again about live shows, after 3 years. First one being next month! :eek:

TheRealNs1
06-09-2017, 06:03 PM
^^

RIP Amateur Chemist

Rubeninphoenix
06-09-2017, 06:12 PM
^^

RIP Amateur ChemistThat broke my heart when he passed. Same thing with Eric de la Cruz.

willgaspari
06-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Just found out that a dear friend to many of us in the NIN community has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. A GoFundMe page has been set up to send her to FYF Fest to see NIN one last time. Please donate what you can:

https://www.gofundme.com/send-paula-to-nin-one-last-time

sweeterthan
06-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Just found out that a dear friend to many of us in the NIN community has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. A GoFundMe page has been set up to send her to FYF Fest to see NIN one last time. Please donate what you can:

https://www.gofundme.com/send-paula-to-nin-one-last-time

I'm gonna plagiarize some of your post and share this on the hotline social accounts. Sending love to Paula. ❤️

willgaspari
06-10-2017, 03:02 PM
I'm gonna plagiarize some of your post and share this on the hotline social accounts. Sending love to Paula. ❤️

Bless your heart, and all those who can help in anyway possible, whether it be by donating, sharing, or just by simply sending their best wishes ❤️

witte
06-10-2017, 04:21 PM
ninlive : what's the problem?

ninlive
06-11-2017, 03:37 PM
@ninlive (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) : what's the problem?

OOOOOOHHHH MYYYY GOD..... Honestly swiping through my phone I probably hit that accidebtly!! For real. I threw money to the good cause. You think I'd actually be a soulless individual?

TheBang
06-12-2017, 07:04 AM
I think that this tour is the most mysterious one NIN's done in ages -- none of us have any fucking clue what to expect.
I'm pretty sure I know what to expect for the last 3 songs.

imail724
06-12-2017, 08:09 AM
It sucks because you're right.

thefragile_jake
06-12-2017, 12:34 PM

It sucks because you're right.

Hrmm...those might be?

imail724
06-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Hrmm...those might be?
THTF>HLAH>Hurt

thefragile_jake
06-12-2017, 12:36 PM
THTF>HLAH>Hurt

Ahh - I see your point. Well, maybe for any fall tour they'll switch it up a bit kind of like how Tension was? I'm sure Hurt will close the show though.

However, festival wise...I totally agree with those three.

sweeterthan
06-12-2017, 01:08 PM
I still say that BB(FOF) should be the new closer. Every damn night.

ManBurning
06-12-2017, 02:11 PM

I can see them closing with it for the "main" part of the show, then coming back for an Encore and playing the "usual songs".

I'd love for him to change it up drastically though, but we know he won't for a festival show.
The start of the show will be heavy on new material and as we get close to the end, the usual singles will all rear their ugly heads.

Krazy
06-12-2017, 02:16 PM
That song sounds like more of an opener than a closer IMHO.

The Idea Of You best be on the setlist though.

thefragile_jake
06-12-2017, 02:22 PM
That song sounds like more of an opener than a closer IMHO.

The Idea Of You best be on the setlist though.

I can see Burning Bright for sure being a closer for the "normal" part of the show, before the staple songs as an encore. It's got a very bookend feel that's super uncomfortable and tension filled.

Honestly, they NEED to play She's Gone Away. That one is still the highlight of NTAE, in my opinion...

imail724
06-12-2017, 02:28 PM
The new closer or the new Closer?

fillow
06-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Ahh - I see your point. Well, maybe for any fall tour they'll switch it up a bit kind of like how Tension was? I'm sure Hurt will close the show though.

However, festival wise...I totally agree with those three.

Saw them on Twenty Thirteen festivals tour, and they didn't even play Hurt. In fact, I was unlucky to choose what would be a shortest show on that tour. (Pukkelpop festival in Belgium)

somewhat_
06-13-2017, 02:15 PM
So, I'm hearing 3D glasses are being sent to FYF 3 day pass holders and Sunday only pass holders.

Edit: I can't link to it right now but info is on FYF Reddit and inforoo FYF thread.

Rubeninphoenix
06-13-2017, 02:30 PM
So, I'm hearing 3D glasses are being sent to FYF 3 day pass holders and Sunday only pass holders.

Edit: I can't link to it right now but info is on FYF Reddit and inforoo FYF thread.Oh shit, better buy my pass soon then.

center27j
06-13-2017, 03:23 PM
how about he's plays "down in it"...another classic that NEVER sees the light of day (along with "HiS")

Krazy
06-13-2017, 03:37 PM

Edit: I can't link to it right now but info is on FYF Reddit and inforoo FYF thread.

OK, this has my attention.

And fuck yeah, bring back HIS. Been too long.

fillow
06-13-2017, 04:42 PM
how about he's plays "down in it"...another classic that NEVER sees the light of day (along with "HiS")
That's unfair comparison. HIS wasn't played since 1995 (disregarding The Great Destroyer/HIS mashup), while Down In It was played every year through 2009.

Cecil
06-13-2017, 11:26 PM
APC tour about to be announced for Fall. Playing Arenas. Co-headliner?

Krazy
06-14-2017, 06:57 AM

Where are you seeing this?...

thefragile_jake
06-14-2017, 08:34 AM

Eh. I hope not. I'm more for a Trent handpicked opener and more time for NIN.

WorzelG
06-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Doesn't it say 'rare' nin appearance on the news page of nin.com. I wouldn't get my hopes up

implanted_microchip
06-14-2017, 09:51 AM
APC has been putting on one of the best shows of the year so far. I highly doubt that a co-headlining tour will happen but I'd be more than happy about it.

ManBurning
06-14-2017, 10:41 AM

Where are you seeing this?...

I'd like to know this as well.
Dammit, I better not have jumped the gun buying tickets to aftershock lol.

As long as NIN is 100% not touring anymore than these 4 festival shows, that will justify me going down there.
Least if APC does do their own tour, I wouldn't feel bad skipping out or missing half their set at Aftershock if it clashes with NIN.

But then again, the chances of that even coming anywhere close to me is remotely slim anyway, since they don't like coming to Canada.

Krazy
06-14-2017, 06:39 PM
I'd like to know this as well.
Dammit, I better not have jumped the gun buying tickets to aftershock lol.

I think @Cecil (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=901) is full of poo/trolling, or has some inside info from down under. More than likely the former. Unless Maynard has some financial issues he (most likely) won't be touring during harvest. It s getting late in the game to announce a summer tour. It who knows.

Spill the beans Cecil!

Cecil
06-14-2017, 11:34 PM
I think @Cecil (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=901) is full of poo/trolling, or has some inside info from down under. More than likely the former. Unless Maynard has some financial issues he (most likely) won't be touring during harvest. It s getting late in the game to announce a summer tour. It who knows.

Spill the beans Cecil!

Wow tough crowd... Being down under I was asleep, and not checking ETS...

It could obviously be a few shows, and not a tour per se, but without knowing too much about the size of APC in America, would they be able to do an Arena tour themselves? They would struggle here definitely, but obviously a different market.

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/news/perfect-circle-fall-tour-rumored/

(http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/news/perfect-circle-fall-tour-rumored/)

botley
06-15-2017, 05:05 AM

It's for Flying Lotus's set. https://www.instagram.com/p/BVVn_Ioniny/

halo eighteen
06-15-2017, 07:04 AM
Wow tough crowd... Being down under I was asleep, and not checking ETS...

It could obviously be a few shows, and not a tour per se, but without knowing too much about the size of APC in America, would they be able to do an Arena tour themselves? They would struggle here definitely, but obviously a different market.

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/news/perfect-circle-fall-tour-rumored/

(http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/news/perfect-circle-fall-tour-rumored/)

Yeah, they can definitely headline arenas here. Not sure about selling them out, but they can reasonably pull in 6,000-8,000 in most markets. They did leave off pretty much the whole northern half of the US on their most recent tour a few months back, so it's not surprising at all that they'd be doing another run in the fall to hit those areas.

*edit - looks like the APC tour announcement will be this week, Ticketmaster has a listing (https://www1.ticketmaster.com/a-perfect-circle-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-11-17-2017/event/160052D091B42843?artistid=707500&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60) for 11/17 in Pittsburgh, PA at the Petersen Events Center on sale this Friday.*

Deacon Blackfire
06-24-2017, 05:20 PM
All of those pretty high quality video streams of the festival shows that began the 2013 were great to have. It would be nice to get more content like that but unless I'm mistaken, the four announced 2017 festival dates seem unlikely to webcast anything, let alone NIN's set.

bobbie solo
06-25-2017, 01:49 PM
I know Panorama isn't streaming.

der_wahnsinn
06-28-2017, 02:26 AM
So, this is probably unrelated, but who knows?https://image.ibb.co/gmya3Q/Screenshot_20170628_032145.png

niggo
06-28-2017, 04:09 AM
^ It is unrelated. Says it in the post that it's for an upcoming book project.

SM Rollinger
06-28-2017, 01:54 PM
I hope I get to hear Burn, Eraser, Reptile and/or The Big Come Down this time around, I have yet to see any of those choice cuts live :(

bryan_NIN65
06-28-2017, 06:17 PM
I hope I get to hear Burn, Eraser, Reptile and/or The Big Come Down this time around, I have yet to see any of those choice cuts live :(

Man Burn just might be my favorite NIN song, luckily enough I have seen it 3/4 times, and strangely have never heard the studio version. Never got The Big Comedown though, would love that. Got Eraser twice and Reptile once.

niggo
06-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Man Burn just might be my favorite NIN song, luckily enough I have seen it 3/4 times, and strangely have never heard the studio version.

Hold on. What?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/I-dont-believe-you.gif

Can't be your favorite song if you don't know the studio version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsM4FM3MiK0).

implanted_microchip
06-28-2017, 06:57 PM

The three of those four that I've seen have all been standouts -- Burn, Eraser and Reptile are all definitive NIN live songs in my eyes. Part of why I went to two 2014 dates and not just one was in hopes of seeing Reptile a second time because of how good it was at my first show in 2013. Big Come Down is high up on my list of wants, but I don't think it's ever been used much at US fests.

TheRealNs1
06-28-2017, 07:12 PM
BCD always has fantastic light shows. one of my favorites for sure.

Krazy
06-28-2017, 07:25 PM
If we don't hear anything within three weeks (doubt a tour will be announced during a major holiday) we may as well shit can a full 2017 tour. Even more so since bands like Foo Fighters, QOTSA, etc. recently announced their late year tour. I'd like to say three EP's would be centered around the festivals, but that would be a bit bizarre since festivals usually cater to the average fan.

implanted_microchip
06-28-2017, 07:55 PM
If we don't hear anything within three weeks (doubt a tour will be announced during a major holiday) we may as well shit can a full 2017 tour

I stopped expecting any full tour announcement ever since the official NIN accounts referred to Aftershock as a rare 2017 appearance. Handful of fests this year, the release of the final EP towards Christmas and then a headlining run next spring seems most likely in my book.

sonic_discord
06-28-2017, 10:46 PM
I stopped expecting any full tour announcement ever since the official NIN accounts referred to Aftershock as a rare 2017 appearance. Handful of fests this year, the release of the final EP towards Christmas and then a headlining run next spring seems most likely in my book.

I concur and have been banking on this for a few months now. I guess you could say this is Not the Actual Tour (sorry). Start saving up for Trilogy Tour 2018!

streetman
07-02-2017, 11:16 AM

Trent's wording of '...the FIRST of the shows this summer" says something though. It implies there will be more.

Deacon Blackfire
07-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Pretty sure that was just to clarify that the 2nd EP will come out in July, because after the first two shows this month (FYF and Panorama), the next festival dates (Riotfest and Aftershock) are several months off.

streetman
07-06-2017, 12:41 AM
Pretty sure that was just to clarify that the 2nd EP will come out in July, because after the first two shows this month (FYF and Panorama), the next festival dates (Riotfest and Aftershock) are several months off.

LOL you're exactly right. I got a bit carried away there.

SM Rollinger
07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
You think Tront is gonna do the "Yes, everyone seems to be uh-sleep" part on Dear World?

Deacon Blackfire
07-07-2017, 04:10 PM
He might use one of his distortion mic filters for that line but yes, I think he will.

implanted_microchip
07-08-2017, 10:50 AM
So can we try and make sure this touring cycle that we keep all live-related stuff to this section of the board? With so few dates I think most of us are going to be trying to avoid any and all spoilers before our shows about setlists and production and it'd suck to have to completely avoid the main NIN threads when we'll have a new EP to discuss, as well as all the reissues coming up.

somewhat_
07-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Good thought. I think each show should only be discussed in its specific thread (i.e. FYF discussion in the FYF thread). I would hate to visit the panorama thread to discuss festival info/meet up possibilities and then discover something about the set list from FYF on accident. Or to your point - go to the new EP thread and accidentally find out what songs off the new EP were played live at FYF. I know in some cases spoiler tags can be used, but keeping everything to its specific thread or own section would be make it much easier to avoid spoilers.

TheRealNs1
07-11-2017, 04:57 PM
//edit, wrong thread.

12 days away!!!

ryanmcfly
07-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Tour dates in 2018 will happen. TR said something along the lines that NIN will go from a band that tours a year and a half then disappears to a band that does a reasonable amount of shows a year. HALLELUJAH.

niggo
07-13-2017, 11:51 AM
Tour dates in 2018 will happen. TR said something along the lines that NIN will go from a band that tours a year and a half then disappears to a band that does a reasonable amount of shows a year. HALLELUJAH.

Living in Europe this still gives me anxiety.

ryanmcfly
07-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Living in Europe this still gives me anxiety.

Yeah, I totally understand that. I'm still surprised they didn't announce any Euro festivals.

WorzelG
07-13-2017, 12:21 PM
I'm hoping he'll do what Gary Numan does, short tours of a few weeks in different areas every so often

Krazy
07-13-2017, 12:35 PM

Anyone know what his exact words were regarding touring? At work and missed interview.

With that we can probably officially throw in the towel for non-festival shows for 2017. And most likely festivals as well, I think they're all booked at this point.

streetman
07-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Less enthused overall about these live shows. My whole interest in NIN live is the stage technology. The fact that Trent is stripping back makes me less inclined to go. But like he said, that may change by next year.

somewhat_
07-13-2017, 02:18 PM
Anyone know what his exact words were regarding touring? At work and missed interview.

With that we can probably officially throw in the towel for non-festival shows for 2017. And most likely festivals as well, I think they're all booked at this point.

The info is very early in the convo. Later on he discusses how these shows this year will incorporate some sort of "anti-technology".

Used your link and chrome://net-internals/#events to get the m4a.

Here's a direct dl mirror https://app.box.com/s/70sgfr6fd2l5ehr4gfcbais51uxmikp7

Less enthused overall about these live shows. My whole interest in NIN live is the stage technology. The fact that Trent is stripping back makes me less inclined to go. But like he said, that may change by next year.

I'm even more excited for the shows - a new focus to the music and the possibility of rarely played songs is much cooler than an upgraded light show.

TheRealNs1
07-13-2017, 03:19 PM

I would generally agree with this, but there was that whole Wave Goodbye run of club shows that were a perfect 5/7, so I'll give TR the benefit of the doubt.

Krazy
07-13-2017, 03:28 PM

Im with this. I'll see what FYF is like prior to buying Chicago tickets. May decide to skip it.

TheRealNs1
07-13-2017, 03:47 PM
May decide to skip it.

y'all are fucking nuts.

eversonpoe
07-13-2017, 04:20 PM
I would generally agree with this, but there was that whole Wave Goodbye run of club shows that were a perfect 5/7, so I'll give TR the benefit of the doubt.

ahahahahahahahaha the 5/7 joke NEVER gets old. i fucking love it.

Krazy
07-13-2017, 04:43 PM
ahahahahahahahaha the 5/7 joke NEVER gets old. i fucking love it.

I'm oblivious to it, do tell...

streetman
07-13-2017, 04:51 PM

I feel ya. But I was really looking forward to an amazing stage production. The fact that Trent said that won't be the case and that the proper tour will come next year makes me think I'll just wait until next year and see how it goes down.

eversonpoe
07-13-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm oblivious to it, do tell...

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/57

that guy has a LOT of baggage because i'm pretty sure there are more memes about/because of him.

ryanmcfly
07-13-2017, 07:46 PM
So someone who is going to FYF should post pics of the merch table. I have a feeling each show will have their own shirts since they're probably only doing these four shows.

somewhat_
07-13-2017, 08:07 PM

I actually prefer this method. While it doesn't mean they will consistently visit my area, at least it means I can, somewhat on a regular basis, visit them if I'm able to.

slave2thewage
07-13-2017, 10:13 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion next year will be North America-only, which makes me a sad panda.

dbrekke
07-14-2017, 11:43 AM
WOAH!!!! Early access show just announced!
NIN live July 19th!!!
Rabobank Arena
https://twitter.com/dbrekke/status/885901649306374144

implanted_microchip
07-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Presale code is dearworld. Guessing "I Can't Seem To Wake Up" is the 2017 tour name?

botley
07-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Expect songs from the new EP to debut at that show.

cdm
07-14-2017, 12:02 PM
This will serve as a nice preview to see if I want to drop $125 on a Panorama Sunday pass.

thefragile_jake
07-14-2017, 12:05 PM
GAHHHH ... I'm guessing it's only going to be a full tour for next year then? Tobacco is amazing too by the way, great choice for an opener.

I mean ... maybe a fall tour could play into reality this year? "I Can't Seem to Wake Up 2017"

FULLMETAL
07-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Ugh. AXS is handling tickets for the Bakersfield show.

slave2thewage
07-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Where can I find these Chinese scientists that can teleport me to Bakersfield?

TheRealNs1
07-14-2017, 12:22 PM
great, now I have to drive to Bakersfield on a fucking Wednesday.

Krazy
07-14-2017, 12:24 PM

Boo.

Hoo.

:P

FACK!!! Dear Lord why can't this be in the great city of Milwaukee!!!! (lol)

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 12:25 PM

Poor guy. I for one will be celebrating the fact that I live within driving distance of Bakersfield on my way to the show!

TheRealNs1
07-14-2017, 12:26 PM
uh, did anyone get this email?

EARLY ACCESS PERFORMANCE
NINE INCH NAILS INVITE YOU TO JOIN THEM FOR THEIR FIRST
PERFORMANCE SINCE 2014, WITH SPECIAL GUEST TOBACCO.
TICKETS ARE LIMITED AND EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE
RECEIVES AN EXCLUSIVE POSTER.

Strict 2 ticket limit per person per household. This code Is non-transferable. This is a one time use code connected to your email. if this code is used by anyone other than the intended recipient, all tickets associated with your code will be cancelled.

TinDefacto
07-14-2017, 12:27 PM
*furiously Googles how far Bakersfield is from Phoenix*

Whelp.

Kid A
07-14-2017, 12:29 PM
uh, did anyone get this email?

EARLY ACCESS PERFORMANCE
NINE INCH NAILS INVITE YOU TO JOIN THEM FOR THEIR FIRST
PERFORMANCE SINCE 2014, WITH SPECIAL GUEST TOBACCO.
TICKETS ARE LIMITED AND EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE
RECEIVES AN EXCLUSIVE POSTER.

Strict 2 ticket limit per person per household. This code Is non-transferable. This is a one time use code connected to your email. if this code is used by anyone other than the intended recipient, all tickets associated with your code will be cancelled.

Def not a 1 time code, everyone got it. Idk why they're saying that. Ugh flights are $700 r/t for me. So want to make this.

TheRealNs1
07-14-2017, 12:31 PM
got it, thanks.

and then to make matters worse the email says 12:00pm and the redirect says 10:00am

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 12:33 PM
FYI capacity is 10,400, which is half the capacity of the Staples Center and about 2/3 the Forum for my LA homies.

spahn
07-14-2017, 12:34 PM
anyone who is going and does not want the poster, please let me know! :)

imail724
07-14-2017, 12:37 PM

Whelp.
*furiously Googles how far Bakersfield is from New York*

Whelp.

Deepvoid
07-14-2017, 12:46 PM
41hrs drive .... $1,000 plane ticket ... I'll pass.

virushopper
07-14-2017, 12:49 PM
got it, thanks.

and then to make matters worse the email says 12:00pm and the redirect says 10:00am
Presale is 10 am.
General is 12 pm.

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm from Bakersfield and I'm freaking out right now! I'm pretty much in shock because of this.

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 12:57 PM

Whelp.

There are direct flights into Bakersfield from Phoenix!

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 12:58 PM
anyone who is going and does not want the poster, please let me know! :)

I may have friends who might not want their poster. I will post here for any updates on that.

Fadeout54321
07-14-2017, 01:04 PM
i dont know about the presale code one time use deal, it looks pretty generic. The code i was sent starts with a D, ends with a D and is 9 characters. Anyone elses like this?

WorzelG
07-14-2017, 01:06 PM
FYI capacity is 10,400, which is half the capacity of the Staples Center and about 2/3 the Forum for my LA homies.
It says tickets are limited though which surely means it's more intimate and they're not going to try and fill it to capacity?

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 01:07 PM
It says tickets are limited though which surely means it's more intimate and they're not going to try and fill it to capacity?

Yeah, quite possibly. I just wanted to get an idea of the size of the space.

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 01:08 PM
i dont know about the presale code one time use deal, it looks pretty generic. The code i was sent starts with a D, ends with a D and is 9 characters. Anyone elses like this?

Yeah, it's not specific.

virushopper
07-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Ugh. AXS is handling tickets for the Bakersfield show.
I know, that threw me off too.

botley
07-14-2017, 01:09 PM

With just five days to sell tickets, that's probably a safe bet. I imagine they'll do some kind of centre-court stage and curtain off half the seating. Should be pretty cool, kinda like those one-off shows in smaller auditoriums at the end of 2005 with Josh Freese.

spahn
07-14-2017, 01:12 PM
I may have friends who might not want their poster. I will post here for any updates on that.

Great, please let me know. I'll obviously pay for poster tube and shipping. Please message me if you obtain one.

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 01:17 PM

This is accurate. Our arena is very small, yet we've had major acts come here.

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Great, please let me know. I'll obviously pay for poster tube and shipping. Please message me if you obtain one.

Absolutely, I will let you know!

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 01:28 PM
This is accurate. Our arena is very small, yet we've had major acts come here.

I love how cool this is for you. Hopefully we all get tickets!

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 01:32 PM
I love how cool this is for you. Hopefully we all get tickets!

My phone won't stop! So many people are making sure I know. It like they don't even know me! I work graveyards and I should be asleep but I'm so excited! And luckily, the show is my day off. It's surreal! I have the email so hopefully that's my shoo in for tickets first! lol

sick among the pure
07-14-2017, 02:27 PM
If anyone else is going and doesn't want the poster, PM me.
My NIN friend who goes to shows with me actually looked up plane tickets before she let me know that there's no point in trying to get tickets to this thing. $2k each just for travel for a show? :\

LOVEANDZOMBIES
07-14-2017, 02:40 PM
What's the video status on these shows? Are any of them known to be streaming live? Is there any organized effort to capture these performances (as there has been in the past)? I'll be at Riot Fest (deluxe vip) and Aftershock, maybe Bakersfield too. I may be able to film with my iPhone 7 plus.

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 03:06 PM
This sounds trivial, but I'm so happy that (assuming I get a Bakersfield ticket) I don't have to stress over whether or not to listen to Add Violence before FYF, as I will have already been treated to a pre-AV show.

ManBurning
07-14-2017, 03:23 PM
This is kinda stupid, but I'm seriously considering doing this...
We only live once and Trent and friends ain't getting any younger.

Probably won't have too many more changes in our lifetime to do something like this (see songs played live before the EP drops).

$900 flight from Vancouver to Bakersfield. Based on the flights, I'd have to catch the 7pm flight leaving on the 18th, so I'm not rushed on the 19th making it to the hotel and then to the show. Luckily, I have the 18th and 19th off work... but I have to try and get out of the 20th... Hmm... I guess first step is trying to get tickets tomorrow...

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 03:31 PM

Probably won't have too many more changes in our lifetime to do something like this (see songs played live before the EP drops).

$900 flight from Vancouver to Bakersfield. Based on the flights, I'd have to catch the 7pm flight leaving on the 18th, so I'm not rushed on the 19th making it to the hotel and then to the show. Luckily, I have the 18th and 19th off work... but I have to try and get out of the 20th... Hmm... I guess first step is trying to get tickets tomorrow...

Fly into Burbank instead for $400 and give me some reasonable amount of money to pick you up, let you crash on my couch for two nights, take you to the show, and take you back to the airport. ;)

TinDefacto
07-14-2017, 03:41 PM
There are direct flights into Bakersfield from Phoenix!
Which start at $500 more than I have... :(

I mean, even just logistically it wouldn't work anyway, haha -- it's a pipedream. But I shall patiently await audience recordings. ^__^

The_yeti
07-14-2017, 03:42 PM

Dude, fly to SFO or LAX and drive, even with a hotel and a car, you will still save hundreds. Check Vegas as well, Fresno to Vegas is not a bad drive either.

Also, I am pretty sure you can take the train from Vancouver to Fresno. Its a long ass train ride, but its supposed to be pretty.

magnolia
07-14-2017, 04:06 PM
Damnnnn it. There's no way I can make it to Bakersfield next week, I feel so bummed. :(
I wonder if there's any chance they'll add a little extra NY show at the last minute, too?! I'm going to be up there for several days before and after Panorama...

Krazy
07-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Look for cheap flight to Vegas maybe, rental cars are typically cheap there too. It's a bit longer drive but at least you don't have to deal with LA traffic and LAX.

DO IIIT!!!

Krazy
07-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Man, I wanna go to this. A small-ish arena show before ANY festival dates.

Fuck. :(

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Damnnnn it. There's no way I can make it to Bakersfield next week, I feel so bummed. :(
I wonder if there's any chance they'll add a little extra NY show at the last minute, too?! I'm going to be up there for several days before and after Panorama...

Doubtful. My guess is the Bakersfield show is primarily a warm up for the festival dates.

ManBurning
07-14-2017, 04:13 PM
Fly into Burbank instead for $400 and give me some reasonable amount of money to pick you up, let you crash on my couch for two nights, take you to the show, and take you back to the airport. ;)

Dude, fly to SFO or LAX and drive, even with a hotel and a car, you will still save hundreds. Check Vegas as well, Fresno to Vegas is not a bad drive either.

Also, I am pretty sure you can take the train from Vancouver to Fresno. Its a long ass train ride, but its supposed to be pretty.

Damn, good call flying into LAX/Burbank instead. Shocked at how cheaper prices are in comparison.

As for taking the train, that's totally out of the question. Don't have enough time off to make the trek there and back in 3 days, lol.
Toadflax - Your generosity is making this seem that much more appealing, that's for sure. Appreciate the offer.
Just need to figure out if I can even score tickets and then try and get out of my shift on the 20th at work.

magnolia
07-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Doubtful. My guess is the Bakersfield show is primarily a warm up for the festival dates.
Don't crush my dreams!

ManBurning
07-14-2017, 04:17 PM
As for driving/renting cars...

Guys, we go through this every tour... I am a hobo bum without a driver's license, haha........ :o

Can't believe I just admitted to a bunch of internet strangers that I don't know how to drive, lol.

TheRealNs1
07-14-2017, 04:23 PM
flying into Burbank instead of LAX may very well save you 1+ hour of commute time.

Krazy
07-14-2017, 04:24 PM
flying into Burbank instead of LAX may very well save you 1+ hour of commute time.

And you'll hate life slightly less.

Toadflax
07-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Damn, good call flying into LAX/Burbank instead. Shocked at how cheaper prices are in comparison.

As for taking the train, that's totally out of the question. Don't have enough time off to make the trek there and back in 3 days, lol.
@Toadflax (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=669) - Your generosity is making this seem that much more appealing, that's for sure. Appreciate the offer.
Just need to figure out if I can even score tickets and then try and get out of my shift on the 20th at work.

Yeah, generally speaking the smaller the town, the more expensive it is to fly there.

Good luck, and PM me if you want to try and work something out!

ManBurning
07-14-2017, 04:29 PM

Came to that conclusion on my own by looking at Google maps. The direct flight isn't worth the hassle on the road in LA.
The Burbank one requires a stop over, and I hate stop over flights, but I'll consider that the "avoiding the LA traffic" convenience.

suprefan
07-14-2017, 04:42 PM
What's the video status on these shows? Are any of them known to be streaming live? Is there any organized effort to capture these performances (as there has been in the past)? I'll be at Riot Fest (deluxe vip) and Aftershock, maybe Bakersfield too. I may be able to film with my iPhone 7 plus.

None of the festivals will have streams.

SuperNINtendo Chalmers
07-14-2017, 06:04 PM

Guys, we go through this every tour... I am a hobo bum without a driver's license, haha........ :o

Can't believe I just admitted to a bunch of internet strangers that I don't know how to drive, lol.

I am an obsessed NIN fan living in BC, contemplating which shows, if any, I can afford/make it to this year, operating under the "only live once" rule. I also don't drive. I hate to break it to you like this, but I'm pretty sure we're the same person. And you better be the Jack, 'cuz if I'm NOT the Tyler, we are soooooo fucked...

sick among the pure
07-14-2017, 06:06 PM

Don't worry. I'm 31 this year and don't have my license yet. I grew up in a city where I could walk/bike everywhere, then spent the better half of a decade in Philly (where parking prices and traffic means you're best off using public transit to go literally everywhere). Not to mention I was of prime driving age when the GTA series first got big, so my parents refused to take me driving or sign me up for a driving course.

I've been lucky in having either friends who are going to shows offer to let me ride with for gas money, or taking public transit to shows (including a 12 hour one way bus trip for Chicago's Wave Goodbye shows).
I am working on learning how to drive right now, actually, in preparation for NIN shows next year. So far I've driven a full hour and a half trip.

The_yeti
07-14-2017, 07:05 PM
Came to that conclusion on my own by looking at Google maps. The direct flight isn't worth the hassle on the road in LA.
The Burbank one requires a stop over, and I hate stop over flights, but I'll consider that the "avoiding the LA traffic" convenience.

Seriously, check Vegas

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 07:49 PM
If anyone else is going and doesn't want the poster, PM me.
My NIN friend who goes to shows with me actually looked up plane tickets before she let me know that there's no point in trying to get tickets to this thing. $2k each just for travel for a show? :\

I'll let you know. I have several friends going so they may end up giving me their posters. As I told Spahn, I will message if I do.

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Seriously, check Vegas

It's a 4 hour drive from Vegas if you do but its a straight shot. Boring drive though.

ManBurning
07-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Played around with Vacation dates at work and managed to get the time off, now I just need to see if I can score a ticket tomorrow... I wonder how difficult it's going to be to try and score a floor ticket to this shindig.

halo eighteen
07-14-2017, 08:48 PM
I wonder if some more surprise announcements could be in store for cities near the other festival dates, too..

ambrus1
07-14-2017, 10:44 PM

I've looked all over the email I received, and I guess I've had too many beers.

Where is this friggin' code? I can't find it.

neorev
07-14-2017, 11:46 PM
I CAN'T SEEM TO WAKE UP 2017

Bakersfield, CA
Early Access Performance
Special Guest: Tobacco
Rabobank Arena - July 19th, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWjaaL4F8nn/

jamesd553
07-15-2017, 01:00 AM
Damn.. I never get the nin.com emails. I've bought stuff from the store, registered when they had a forum and I never get any emails with announcements like this warm up show. I just happened to be on youtube watching the Woodstock show then and then went to the NTAE reddit page and then saw someone post the announcement there. I went to the warm up show in Fresno years ago and it was awesome (also about the same distance as bakersfield and also on a wednesday if I remember correctly). I am going to try to get tickets for this even though I am going to see them at FYF.

NotoriousTIMP
07-15-2017, 01:15 AM
So what is this pre-sale code that the email talked about? I never got it

cynicmuse
07-15-2017, 01:27 AM
So what is this pre-sale code that the email talked about? I never got it
I'm confused as well. I have multiple email accounts on the mailing list, and every email mentions the code but doesn't provide it.

[parasite]
07-15-2017, 03:42 AM
so does everyone receive a different code?
for the "i can't seem to wake up 2017"

Pre-sale code does not guarantee tickets. Strict 2 ticket limit per person per household. This code Is non-transferable. This is a one time use code connected to your email. if this code is used by anyone other than the intended recipient, all tickets associated with your code will be cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-15-2017, 04:29 AM
Maybe the link in the email has a special hyperlink? Or maybe we will get a separate email?

nooneimportant
07-15-2017, 08:02 AM
A note for you all that might help, if you can't find NIN e-mails then check the spam folder. I have Gmail and the way NIN newsletters go out (all lowercase, all caps) seem to trigger the spam functionality. Just fix it so that it doesn't do that again.

ambrus1
07-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Maybe the link in the email has a special hyperlink? Or maybe we will get a separate email?

It sounds like people received two different emails - one with a code ("dearworld" as someone posted earlier) and one without.

The one I got only has the "CLICK HERE" hotlink and the statement about a code below it:

For those who received an actual code, where is it displayed in the email? (and yes, I looked at the page that came up when I "clicked here" and there wasn't anything on that, either.

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I just have that same email. I haven't seen another one. It's weird that they would post pre-sale and on-sale time but yet no further info.

ambrus1
07-15-2017, 12:07 PM
DONE. Going to Bakersfield!

Kid A
07-15-2017, 12:16 PM
That was way too easy to get tix for

TheRealNs1
07-15-2017, 12:46 PM
That was way too easy to get tix for

Guess Wednesday on Bakersfield isn't a hot ticket after all. Whatevs - $45/ticket after fees is the cheapest show I've been to in eons.

LenaMHJBKZ2
07-15-2017, 01:37 PM
I was hoping for GA but got seats. Either way, I'm just honored they're playing my hometown. It's a gift in itself.