PDA

View Full Version : Dreams--discuss and try to analyze

GulDukat
01-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Talk about your dreams.

I'd love some input on this one:

I work with the elderly in activities. Last night I dreamt that Don Johnson was hired to work with me in my department. I kept telling him what a great actor/singer he is, and he was like, "nah." Philip Thomas Michael was also there.

What could this mean?

elevenism
01-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Ooooh, this thread sounds like fun.

elevenism
01-01-2017, 10:13 PM
I love the dreams with blatant symbolism.
Once, i cheated on a girl, first rattle out of the box.
Then i dreamed that we were in a house together. It was a beautiful house out in the country, but then i started noticing cracks in the walls.

I said "honey, why are the walls cracking?"

And she said "Oh Tyler, we could have lived here. It could have been wonderful. But the foundation is broken."

It was sad, but awesome that my mind created such a metaphor.

Furthermore, i believe that dreams can be portents into the future. Personally, i think this is because all that has been and will be already IS, but we are only able to percieve it in a linear fashion.
I would just say "hey, the brain is amazing and can put together information in the subconscious to give us accurate predictions of the future in our dreams."
But i have had dreams of the future that came true where there were insignificant details that i couldn't have POSSIBLY predicted in the dream present in both the portent and the actual event.

Lots of common dreams are easy to analyze, but the stranger, more personal ones usually require self analysis or analysis by someone close to the dreamer.

Dream analysis is one of my favorite subjects, along with lucid dreaming.

Serene Nymph
04-08-2021, 11:04 AM
I wonder if having magical/superhuman abilities is a metaphor for wanting freedom? There could be dozens of interpretations.

When I have dreams, they are mostly about doing things I wouldn’t be able to do in real life. On a daily basis, I feel my normal life sucks. It’s both boring and stressful at the same time.

Sometimes dreams with aliens and superheroes and witches and adventures help, but sometimes they make it worse.