PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Day (2016)

Pages : 1 [2]

FineFinchTails
01-11-2017, 04:00 AM
For those who own the 2CD FYC set, are these pressed on silver CDs or CDRs? I ask because some eBay sellers for the previous soundtrack FYCs (Gone Girl, etc) have been selling home made copies on CDR.

Any answers to this?

theimage13
01-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Any answers to this?

Historically, they've been silver. However, I can't speak for the current release. But if it was a CDR, I'd be weary of someone trying to make extra cash by burning / selling bootlegs.

botley
01-11-2017, 07:26 AM
The FYC thing is what they send to the people considering it for awards, so it's not really a leak. Also the files are pretty good quality.
The way things have turned out I'd MUCH rather he spend time working on live NIN rehearsals than do anything else with this.

The FYC files were not mastered properly and they sound terrible (horrendous clipping). TR mentioned to Zane Lowe on Beats 1 that they were working on finishing the soundtrack album around the time Not the Actual Events came out, so it's likely already finished.

chuenthez
01-12-2017, 02:50 AM
They are silver CDs.

BRoswell
01-12-2017, 03:47 AM
The film gets its wide release here in the States tomorrow, so I'm guessing we'll hear more about it...*deep breath*...soon.

ninjaw
01-12-2017, 01:43 PM
movie leaked in good quality, no track names.

richardp
01-12-2017, 11:08 PM
It's up on Apple Music. 12 tracks, 1 hour 9 minutes in length. Same ugly studio designed album cover from the FYC.

Lerxto
01-12-2017, 11:13 PM
It's up on Apple Music. 12 tracks, 1 hour 9 minutes in length. Same ugly studio designed album cover from the FYC.
They're also on sale on iTunes, identical soundtrack but one is $9.99 and the other is $10.99. What's the difference?
And how come the FYC is half an hour longer than the actual soundtrack?

Edit: The link on the main page brings me to the $9.99 one, so we can assume that is the actual retail price.
Just bought the $9.99 one!

Ryan
01-12-2017, 11:20 PM
It looks like the same track list as the second 12 track FYC... http://www.nin.wiki/Patriots_Day_Soundtrack#For_Your_Consideration_Sco re_Sampler

https://s30.postimg.org/uhj5uz7xt/IMG_1244.png

And what about the cover art with the actors on the front? All very confusing.

NIN64
01-12-2017, 11:51 PM
I want to buy this, but I don't want to get it in iTunes now if there's any chance it's coming out on vinyl in the near future... I don't know what to do.

Lerxto
01-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Currently into track 3, this seems legit, mastered properly compared to any TR/AR soundtrack releases.
I'd expect a 2xLP + Hi-Res Audio of this soundtrack will soon be available on store.nin.com.

NIN64
01-12-2017, 11:56 PM
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet. It's finally listed in the discography section of nin.com. No option to buy though...

niggo
01-13-2017, 03:09 AM
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet. It's finally listed in the discography section of nin.com. No option to buy though...

Up to this point all soundtracks released by TRAR have been produced by the NIN camp, right? Like, I mean the actual packaging and the design and stuff. I guess that's why they also sold them on nin.com?

It seems that's not the case with this one.

Swykk
01-13-2017, 07:15 AM
It's out on Lakeshore.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/01/12/patriots-day-soundtrack-details/

simonn
01-13-2017, 07:29 AM
Up on Spotify UK. First track Them and Us is not on original FYC. Damn work, lunch hour just ending!!!!

caca
01-13-2017, 07:51 AM
Listening on Apple Music right now. "The Night Drive" reminds me a bit of John Carpenter. Digging this a lot.

niggo
01-13-2017, 08:03 AM
"Terminus" sounds like something @kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417) would like. Awesome track.

Edit: Spelling.

ninjaw
01-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Can someone confirm you cannot save this on mobile phones when paying monthly ?

PhoenixML
01-13-2017, 08:55 AM
My physical collection of TR's releases is wearing thin. I still buy digital.

ecirb
01-13-2017, 09:20 AM
It's available in FLAC on Tidal's download store.

ROFLRICK
01-13-2017, 09:46 AM
I've listened to the score all the way through twice now—it's fairly gut-churning, at times moving, and occasionally beautiful. Certainly my favorite since TSN.

I'm saddened we aren't seeing a dedicated physical release.

teitan
01-13-2017, 09:46 AM
This will (eventually) be released on vinyl and high resolution digital. A decision was made to hold off for now to avoid a repeat of last month's shitshow while the situation is being rectified.

niggo
01-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Awesome news! Thanks for the heads up.

reznovka
01-13-2017, 10:14 AM
can't wait so send Trent more money for more vinyls :D
still waiting for BTF and all the reissues but hey, maybe I'll get it someday.

Swykk
01-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Maybe Lakeshore will be cool enough to put out a CD like they did for Stranger Things (and others). Fingers crossed.

implanted_microchip
01-13-2017, 10:34 AM
"Terminus" sounds like something @kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417) would like. Awesome track.

Edit: Spelling.

Wow, you weren't kidding. That's ... incredible. Like the most claustrophobic moments from Gone Girl went and had a weird inbred child with something off of Deviations 1 and got vomited up inside of a level to Quake.

Needless to say, I love it.

This whole score is really interesting to listen to so far, especially without proper context of the film it's all from. You can hear so many of the similar headspaces TR&AR were in while making this and Before the Flood around the same time and yet it just makes what separates them that much clearer and easier to appreciate. Berg is definitely lucky to have landed these guys for this thing.

Ryan
01-13-2017, 10:40 AM
This will (eventually) be released on vinyl and high resolution digital. A decision was made to hold off for now to avoid a repeat of last month's shitshow while the situation is being rectified.Trent, is NTAE halo 29?

NIN64
01-13-2017, 10:57 AM
I'm liking this score quite a bit. I think it's just what I needed; a counter to the anxiety I'm feeling about the cluster-fuck happening in DC this week. . .

ROFLRICK
01-13-2017, 11:06 AM
This will (eventually) be released on vinyl and high resolution digital. A decision was made to hold off for now to avoid a repeat of last month's shitshow while the situation is being rectified.

I can appreciate the restraint. I'm sad that CD releases are pretty much dead, though!

Your Name Here
01-13-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm going to hold off buying it from iTunes in hopes a vinyl version becomes available at the NIN store. I hate waiting I want to listen to it now.

niggo
01-13-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm going to hold off buying it from iTunes in hopes a vinyl version becomes available at the NIN store. I hate waiting I want to listen to it now.

Your question was answered right on this page. Second post!

Your Name Here
01-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Your question was answered right on this page. Second post!

but when I ask when I will get the dreaded, "soon".

simonn
01-13-2017, 12:57 PM
I can appreciate the restraint. I'm sad that CD releases are pretty much dead, though!

I dread the day when NIN release an album that (not owning a record player) I can't hold. I can understand it to a certain extent with soundtracks, where there is a more limited appeal, and economies of scale play a part, but NIN....just unthinkable.

Have it on Spotify but have bought it from Amazon UK so I can still burn it, hopefully all 5 soundtracks will fit on one lovely shiny mp3 disc for my car.....

Loving the album as always.....the FYC was crazy long, whereas the conciseness of this in comparison is great - literally no filler. Could well rival TSN as their best soundtrack for that very reason.

For those who know the FYC - there are some apparently late embellishments to those tracks that add that extra oomph - the extra keyboard stabs in The Place You Are Right Now are just sublime, the new end to Escape is INTENSE, and the discordance at the end of Long Shadows on the Street is bizarrely engaging. It feels like this is the adult version to the PG rated FYC.....there's definitely more guitar on here than I was expecting (or keyboards processed to sound like one...)! Maybe they were finishing this off around the time that NTAE was being recorded and he got the inclination to add some guitar to the final mix...

Got 6 weeks to wait until I see it in it's proper framework....I'm a very rare cinema goer, but I've never missed a Trent/Atticus film to date...

FineFinchTails
01-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Now that AR is a member of Nine Inch Nails, why are these soundtracks still being done under TR/AR?

I retag them as Nine Inch Nails in my Walkman, even going back to TSN.

BRoswell
01-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Now that AR is a member of Nine Inch Nails, why are these soundtracks still being done under TR/AR?

I believe Trent explained the reasoning behind that in an interview a couple years. He said something about how the film scores are coming from a different place than the music he does for Nine Inch Nails, so it doesn't make sense to label it as Nine Inch Nails music.

(Feel free to correct me if you're listening in, Trent.)

FineFinchTails
01-13-2017, 02:21 PM
I bought the FLAC version from the Tidal download store for $18, but some of the tracks won't download and they won't let you initiate a download more than once. Man that service SUCKS. Credit card dispute time.

bevilacq12
01-13-2017, 02:24 PM
I can't understand the rationale behind not releasing a CD of this (assuming that Lakeshore doesn't come through at a later date). There are tons of new soundtrack CD releases every month, so to imply that there's no market for it is laughably false. And a soundtrack by Trent Reznor has cross-over appeal between NIN fans and soundtrack afficionados, so it's especially weird in comparison.

Vinyl, while growing compared to how low it was before, still doesn't touch CD sales. And something like this so clearly exists in the digital world, so even the most optimistic viewpoints about vinyl's audio fidelity are rendered moot. Having a vinyl version in addition to a CD? Cool, I don't want to deprive vinyl fans. But not having the CD at all?

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Corona Radiata
01-13-2017, 02:39 PM
So how is it? Can't wait to listen after work. Will feel especially great after 7 hours of playing bullshit pop and dance music for a bunch of retards.

Conan The Barbarian
01-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Just watched the movie. Holy fuck what a heavy movie to watch, and the score added so much to film.

TheBang
01-13-2017, 03:19 PM
In 1996, TR was Nine Inch Nails. Why was Quake (and the Lost Highway score tracks) done under TR?

And now you have your answer.

And that's wrong.

Wait, did you just say Walkman?

fillow
01-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Wait, did you just say Walkman?
I have a Walkman too. They're digital players now, you know.

Deadpool
01-13-2017, 05:00 PM
How does the official release compare to the FYC version?

joplinpicasso
01-13-2017, 05:24 PM
So, the official release is 12 tracks long? I thought they had composed some gargantuan amount of music for the film. Left on the 'cutting room floor'? I will be listening soon!

fillow
01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Dammit, the scores keep coming too fast! I haven't learned much of BTF yet..

Prettybrokenspiral
01-13-2017, 05:37 PM
So what is all the leftover music from the original 2-CD FYC set that leaked last month? Outtakes?

Lerxto
01-13-2017, 05:44 PM
So what is all the leftover music from the original 2-CD FYC set that leaked last month? Outtakes?
Actually, many tracks are partitioned into more than two parts, ex) original theme + alternate piano ending.
I haven't compared the released score to the FYC one-to-one yet, but I think they just tweaked the original soundtrack to match the length of the length of movie scenes, etc, as it was finished in a rush to meet the deadline.

implanted_microchip
01-13-2017, 06:28 PM
This stuff is seeming even darker than a lot of Dragon Tattoo, wow. Broken Glass and Nobody Cares About me feel flat-out nasty. I'm really into it, and it's only deepening my desire to hear TR/AR do the score for Kojima's Death Stranding.

joplinpicasso
01-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Only up to "The Place You Are Right Now" - really dig it. ^^ Can't wait.

Corona Radiata
01-13-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm at the same spot. This is great.

Hoping for a vinyl release. Looks like we've got another "insider" here. I dare not ask if he's legit...don't want to start another witch hunt.

Do people really still buy CDs? I mean I guess I can understand if you're a TR complesionist and you want to own everything. But as far as physical releases go, vinyl is the way. The beauty of taking a fresh new record, putting it on the turntable and having the artwork like it's meant to be beats some flimsy little cd any day. Imo of course.

joplinpicasso
01-13-2017, 06:59 PM
I love how it all bleeds together. "The Night Drive" is amazing.

Conan The Barbarian
01-13-2017, 07:24 PM

Hoping for a vinyl release. Looks like we've got another "insider" here. I dare not ask if he's legit...don't want to start another witch hunt.

Do people really still buy CDs? I mean I guess I can understand if you're a TR complesionist and you want to own everything. But as far as physical releases go, vinyl is the way. The beauty of taking a fresh new record, putting it on the turntable and having the artwork like it's meant to be beats some flimsy little cd any day. Imo of course.

Yes people still buy cd.

Sarah K
01-13-2017, 07:26 PM

It literally cannot get any more "inside" than that.

Give it up...

Corona Radiata
01-13-2017, 07:29 PM
(Ohmyfuckinggodherewegoagain) Than what? Who is he? I'm simply asking a question. Be a dear and answer.

Edit: And maybe stop face palming literally every post I make. Your obsessiveness is showing.

Corona Radiata
01-13-2017, 07:36 PM
On the second to last song. On first listen this is great, though nothing has topped Gone Girl for me yet. The vibe on that score is just so fucking out of this world. Like you're in a spa in purgatory.

ModifiedAngel
01-13-2017, 10:20 PM
This score reminds me of Quake.

simonn
01-13-2017, 11:46 PM
I can't understand the rationale behind not releasing a CD of this (assuming that Lakeshore doesn't come through at a later date). There are tons of new soundtrack CD releases every month, so to imply that there's no market for it is laughably false. And a soundtrack by Trent Reznor has cross-over appeal between NIN fans and soundtrack afficionados, so it's especially weird in comparison.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

I'll agree with you when this subject gets up to 75 pages like NTAE has. The small amount of people commenting on this compared to when NTAE speaks for itself.

On another note, looking at the detail of the tracks downloaded from Amazon - the bitrate varies between 182 and 262. I presumed I was buying CD quality from them, but apparently not. Slightly vexed by that. On speaking to Amazon they confirm that everything is encoded at 256 variable bit rate - 182 is pretty damn variable. Asked them if they'd be able to re-do it but setting file at a standard 256, no dice. So they've refunded and I'll buy a high quality digital offering instead when it's made available.

raptors661
01-13-2017, 11:56 PM
Saw the movie Thursday night. Really gut wrenching stuff. The score fit wonderfully throughout the movie. I was wondering if Peter Berg would put Dropkick Murphy's new song about the Boston bombing in the credits, and curiously, he DID put a Murphys song in the credits, but its Forever (2007 version).

Prettybrokenspiral
01-14-2017, 12:45 AM
Looks like we've got another "insider" here. I dare not ask if he's legit...don't want to start another witch hunt.

I can't help but find it hilarious you questioning the validity of someone who basically said the same thing on his official site a month ago that you say below vvvvvvv

But as far as physical releases go, vinyl is the way. The beauty of taking a fresh new record, putting it on the turntable and having the artwork like it's meant to be beats some flimsy little cd any day. Imo of course.

Corona Radiata
01-14-2017, 01:40 AM
I never questioned anyone's validity.

forget it.

perterje
01-14-2017, 03:11 AM
I presumed I was buying CD quality from them, but apparently not. Slightly vexed by that. On speaking to Amazon they confirm that everything is encoded at 256 variable bit rate - 182 is pretty damn variable.I believe this is what VBR means. Quiet parts of the music have a low bitrate compared to the louder parts (that requires more complex encoding). Silence would have a very low bitrate as it would take very little to reproduce the original sound. In the end, you do get your promised 256 bit rate, but it's an average.

simonn
01-14-2017, 04:19 AM
I believe this is what VBR means. Quiet parts of the music have a low bitrate compared to the louder parts (that requires more complex encoding). Silence would have a very low bitrate as it would take very little to reproduce the original sound. In the end, you do get your promised 256 bit rate, but it's an average.

Interesting - didn't know that! Cheers.

SchwarzerAbt
01-14-2017, 05:56 AM
I'll agree with you when this subject gets up to 75 pages like NTAE has. The small amount of people commenting on this compared to when NTAE speaks for itself.

Right now I still have hope as the Before the Flood CD is still up on amazon(.de). And Patriots Day seems to be released by Lakeshore records too. So there is that.

On the other hand I have more or less accepted that TR dislikes the format and regard any future releases on Compact Disc as a bonus, not a given.

That does not stop me from coming here demanding Trent to put out CDs of course. But I guess it won't be so frequent... ;)

GulDukat
01-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Over on amazon, it says track 8, "The Night Drive," is only available on "album only."

Really hoping for a CD release myself.

theimage13
01-14-2017, 08:04 AM

Guys, should I spoil the fun here?

theimage13
01-14-2017, 08:12 AM

This is nothing but speculation, but....

One word answer: business.

Longer answer: Nine Inch Nails and film scores are two very different things - I'm not talking musically, I'm talking about business-wise. When Atticus and Trent are hired to score a soundtrack, they're hired (presumably) as themselves. When Nine Inch Nails releases an album, goes on tour, sells a t-shirt, whatever, it's a completely different business. Several different people get paid in a completely different manner than when A&T do a soundtrack.

But on top of that, as BRoswell said, it's quite possible that Trent simply wants to create a clearer divide between working on a movie and working on a Nine Inch Nails album. And as silly as it sounds (after all...."what's in a name?"), merely changing the name you're working under can help create that separation.

talkingnothing
01-14-2017, 12:39 PM
On another note, looking at the detail of the tracks downloaded from Amazon - the bitrate varies between 182 and 262. I presumed I was buying CD quality from them, but apparently not. Slightly vexed by that. On speaking to Amazon they confirm that everything is encoded at 256 variable bit rate - 182 is pretty damn variable. Asked them if they'd be able to re-do it but setting file at a standard 256, no dice. So they've refunded and I'll buy a high quality digital offering instead when it's made available.
FYI, all music downloads from Amazon are MP3, never CD quality. I used to buy digital there fairly regularly, but now if i'm buying lossy downloads I get from google play, as they are 320kbps MP3 instead of VBR. I still buy a lot of CDs, usually when I want lossless and an artifact, something to collect.

Over on amazon, it says track 8, "The Night Drive," is only available on "album only."

That just means that you can't buy that particular track a la carte, you still get it if you buy the whole album. Wasn't sure from your post if you knew that.

vivisection13
01-14-2017, 12:49 PM
I purchased this on TIDAL for the lossless file. Everything downloaded but track 8- The Night Drive. Anyone know if their support will respond in a timely manner? Plus you only get one attempt to download, how stupid is that?

GulDukat
01-14-2017, 02:30 PM
FYI, all music downloads from Amazon are MP3, never CD quality. I used to buy digital there fairly regularly, but now if i'm buying lossy downloads I get from google play, as they are 320kbps MP3 instead of VBR. I still buy a lot of CDs, usually when I want lossless and an artifact, something to collect.

That just means that you can't buy that particular track a la carte, you still get it if you buy the whole album. Wasn't sure from your post if you knew that.No. I thought it meant it didn't come with the download. I'l hold off on buying this, wait for the CD. If this will be another no CD release I'll just go with the download.

FineFinchTails
01-14-2017, 02:42 PM
I purchased this on TIDAL for the lossless file. Everything downloaded but track 8- The Night Drive. Anyone know if their support will respond in a timely manner? Plus you only get one attempt to download, how stupid is that?

Same here. Track#8 won't download.

joplinpicasso
01-14-2017, 03:03 PM
Yeah, so, about that music!

This is their best-flowing soundtrack, if I remember. I think it does have it's own style, however I'd say the soundtrack it's most closely related to is TGWTDT. There is one complete arc and it's fantastic. The tension is extremely high in certain parts, and their use of dissonance (not noise) and pace is really wonderful. I'll hopefully see the movie soon but I wanted to enjoy this separately.

Actually, all of their soundtracks mean different things to me, detached from the films' plots and such.

vivisection13
01-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Same here. Track#8 won't download.

Sucks that yours won't download either, but now I know I'm not crazy.

TheBang
01-14-2017, 05:57 PM
It's standard on digital music services for tracks over 10:00 to be available only if you purchase the whole album, and not available for individual purchase.

ROFLRICK
01-14-2017, 11:17 PM
The mastering issues not withstanding, I'm finding the retail album release to be far more enjoyable than the FYC. I'm a soundtrack nut, and in general, more is always better. But not here! The 12-track album is wonderful. I'm finally seeing the film tomorrow, and I cannot wait to hear the score in a theater.

ecirb
01-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Sucks that yours won't download either, but now I know I'm not crazy.

I have the same issue. I currently have a ticket open with their support team. It has been escalated to the Content Department for further review. I'll update when I know more.

WorzelG
01-15-2017, 12:54 AM
Listening on Tidal, I'm loving the mournful guitar in The Night Drive

simonn
01-15-2017, 03:45 AM
No. I thought it meant it didn't come with the download. I'l hold off on buying this, wait for the CD. If this will be another no CD release I'll just go with the download.

It did come with my download of the album from Amazon.

Ryan
01-15-2017, 03:47 AM
Want would be the best name for the website background music?

simonn
01-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Want would be the best name for the website background music?

It's now Long Shadows on the Street. Although when it when it first went up I think it was We Forget Who We Are.

TheBang
01-15-2017, 05:57 AM
Anyone got an idea I haven't had about buying a lossless digital copy now?
It's possible that it will show up soon at us.7digital.com. Before the Flood is there. Not sure why Patriots Day hasn't shown up yet. Wide releases usually hit all the digital platforms at the same time. 7digital will be cheaper than Tidal too.

Also, I don't know if you caught the post earlier, but Patriots Day will be released on Vinyl + HD download on nin.com at some point soon. Like Before the Flood, that probably means 24-bit lossless, and nin.com will likely be the only venue to obtain the 24-bit files.

Unfortunately, neither of those options does anything for trying to obtain them NOW.

GulDukat
01-15-2017, 06:20 AM
It did come with my download of the album from Amazon.Yeah, that's what I figured after reading the responces. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing this.

Ryan
01-15-2017, 07:08 AM
It's now Long Shadows on the Street. Although when it when it first went up I think it was We Forget Who We Are.

So neither of them are unique to the website or "unreleased"?

theimage13
01-15-2017, 07:41 AM
This is getting burned to disc and left in the CD player in the car, to be turned on pretty much every single time I drive while it's dark out.

vivisection13
01-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Tidal just now sent me new links to download but it still stops/stalls out at track 8- The Night Drive. Where all of the other tracks show a 1 or 0 under the downloads left, there is nothing for track 8. I sent them some screenshots to show them what I'm seeing. The one track that everyone is raving about is the one I can't download. FRUSTRATED! My advice, don't be impatient like me and wait for the nin vinyl or somewhere else to purchase lossless.

ninjaw
01-15-2017, 08:45 AM
It's possible that it will show up soon at us.7digital.com. Before the Flood is there. Not sure why Patriots Day hasn't shown up yet. Wide releases usually hit all the digital platforms at the same time. 7digital will be cheaper than Tidal too.

Also, I don't know if you caught the post earlier, but Patriots Day will be released on Vinyl + HD download on nin.com at some point soon. Like Before the Flood, that probably means 24-bit lossless, and nin.com will likely be the only venue to obtain the 24-bit files.

Unfortunately, neither of those options does anything for trying to obtain them NOW.

Same question as always show me your source for nin.com
Same story for Qobuz store... except there still are no way of getting 24bit in europe, including nin.com

simonn
01-15-2017, 10:16 AM
So neither of them are unique to the website or "unreleased"?

Correct.

richardp
01-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Anyone tried to make a better album cover that's more aesthetically relevant to their other scores?

I'm playing around with it right now. I'll post if I come up with anything decent. If anyone beats me to the punch, more power to you.

Henrie_Schnee
01-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Trent Reznor, you cost me a lot of money these days...

I hadn't had the chance to listen to the "For Our Consideration"-version somebody leaked for chistmas, what will all the Events that are Not The Actual Events and re-issues and deviations... so this is actual my first go. The .mp3 don't sound bad at all, I was actually amazed of the sound effects created in "We Forget Who We Are".

GulDukat
01-15-2017, 02:25 PM
Downloaded the album via amazon, sounds great. Loving this score. Kind of reminds me of the instrumentals from ​Still.

Your Name Here
01-15-2017, 05:11 PM
So I'm guessing as soon as I hit "buy" on iTunes the vinyl will become available on NIN.com

sheepdean
01-15-2017, 06:54 PM
So I'm guessing as soon as I hit "buy" on iTunes the vinyl will become available on NIN.com
It's just been announced on vinyl lol https://www.facebook.com/LakeshoreRecords/posts/10154069167231423

Your Name Here
01-15-2017, 06:58 PM
It's just been announced on vinyl lol https://www.facebook.com/LakeshoreRecords/posts/10154069167231423

Do you know when I can buy it on NIN.com and get the download? Sorry for the impatience I just want to listen to it but I don't want to buy it twice.

sheepdean
01-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Do you know when I can buy it on NIN.com and get the download? Sorry for the impatience I just want to listen to it but I don't want to buy it twice.
Invada releases normally come with a download, but no idea if it will come to nin.com. Stream it for now and buy it later?

Your Name Here
01-15-2017, 07:02 PM
sheepdean where can I buy this Invada release?

sheepdean
01-15-2017, 07:04 PM
@sheepdean (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=350) where can I buy this Invada release?
Did you read the link? You can't yet. It's coming soon. And keep an eye on http://www.invada.co.uk/

Your Name Here
01-15-2017, 07:09 PM
sheepdean Yeah I read it, I just thought maybe you knew more about its actual release date. Thanks for the link to invada looks like they are also going to rerelease Low. I guess I will have to get that as well.
Just so know I hate all social media so I don't do Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any of that shit.

Substance242
01-16-2017, 02:16 AM
Bought on Google Play, 9.49 € including 1.58 € tax for me, downloaded 159 MB zip file, Windows reports 320kbps mp3, copyright in ID3 tag Lakeshore Records, artist "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross".

TheBang
01-16-2017, 03:10 AM
FYI, this table is fairly up-to-date regarding download formats available at various online music retailers. It doesn't give a good breakdown of what regions each retailer serves though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_online_music_stores

ninjaw
01-16-2017, 04:00 AM
FYI, this table is fairly up-to-date regarding download formats available at various online music retailers. It doesn't give a good breakdown of what regions each retailer serves though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_online_music_stores

And quality, quobuz does 24bit except for Before the flood.

SchwarzerAbt
01-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Another interview with details on the process of making the PD score: http://collider.com/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-patriots-day-interview/

FineFinchTails
01-16-2017, 06:45 AM
Does the quobuz version of Gone Girl have the click problems at the beginning and end of "Clue One" like the official nin.com download?

vivisection13
01-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Stay away from Tidal. Their solution to my problem was to refund 1.49 for The Night Drive track that won't download.

botley
01-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Stay away from Tidal. Their solution to my problem was to refund 1.49 for The Night Drive track that won't download.
Never used their download service, but I have been a Tidal HiFi subscriber here in Canada for more than a year. When I downloaded the soundtrack to listen offline on my phone, "The Night Drive" had some skips in it towards the end. It plays okay otherwise (streaming in the browser and desktop app), I'm going to contact them about it.

vivisection13
01-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Never used their download service, but I have been a Tidal HiFi subscriber here in Canada for more than a year. When I downloaded the soundtrack to listen offline on my phone, "The Night Drive" had some skips in it towards the end. It plays okay otherwise, I'm going to contact them about it.

Won't even give me the option to play "The Night Drive" through the browser. I'm in the U.S., weird.

vivisection13
01-16-2017, 11:10 AM
Tidal now says that track 8- The Night Drive is not available in the U.S..

FineFinchTails
01-16-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm just disputing it on my card. It's FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!

nowimnothing
01-16-2017, 10:52 PM
I can't stop listening to this score. It really is just beautiful.

There is a real underlying feel of humanity and adversity as well as the darkness and horror.

I feel that TR/AR just keep getting better.

I am the first to admit I had reservations based on the subject matter, but I need not have been concerned.

Jon
01-17-2017, 07:53 AM
I can't stop listening to this score. It really is just beautiful.

There is a real underlying feel of humanity and adversity as well as the darkness and horror.

I feel that TR/AR just keep getting better.

I've enjoyed everything so far, but the quality really jumped for me with Gone Girl. I can't believe Patriots Day is 69 minutes as it feels like the proper length, whatever that means.

It's dreary and feels like late autumn outside. A perfect day for music such as this.

joplinpicasso
01-17-2017, 08:20 AM
I've enjoyed everything so far, but the quality really jumped for me with Gone Girl.

At first, I wasn't as in love with the GG soundtrack as I was the first two films, but then it finally clicked. This one seems to know exactly which moves to make, and also how to surprise, if that makes sense. It's structured in the best, most fluid way. Some parts remind me of The Haxan Cloak, some remind me of Hans Zimmer.

Toadflax
01-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Is there a comparison yet of the official release tracks vs. the FYC version? I'm enjoying the score, but the official seems so short compared to the 34 minute longer FYC version, so I'm curious which were excluded.

theimage13
01-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Is there a comparison yet of the official release tracks vs. the FYC version? I'm enjoying the score, but the official seems so short compared to the 34 minute longer FYC version, so I'm curious which were excluded.

Wait, what?

I didn't give two shits about the FYC version before. But you're telling me it's over half an hour longer than the official release?

Innnnnnnteresting...

Toadflax
01-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Wait, what?

I didn't give two shits about the FYC version before. But you're telling me it's over half an hour longer than the official release?

Innnnnnnteresting...

Indeed! To be fair, I found the FYC version a bit boring, as it includes a lot of droning (which I'm sure works for the film but less so for casual listening). For that reason, the official release is certainly better pound for pound, but I'm curious to listen to just the stuff that didn't make the release. I may figure it out on my own and post it somewhere, but I'm surprised someone hasn't done it already.

theimage13
01-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Indeed! To be fair, I found the FYC version a bit boring, as it includes a lot of droning (which I'm sure works for the film but less so for casual listening). For that reason, the official release is certainly better pound for pound, but I'm curious to listen to just the stuff that didn't make the release. I may figure it out on my own and post it somewhere, but I'm surprised someone hasn't done it already.

I was having a hard time following which film Atticus was talking about in the Collider interview that was recently posted here, but at one point he made it sound like the score for Patriots Day was 114 minutes, vs the 68 minutes of the actual release. But then he and Trent both spoke about how the movie was constantly changing, and they had to score it in such a way that things could be edited very quickly and still be coherent. So having not heard the FYC version, my guess is that it's a more raw version that contains the maximum amount of content they scored, whereas the official release is just that - the "official" finished score, edited as they saw fit.

That's my interpretation based on that interview, anyway.

ROFLRICK
01-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I think he meant 114 minutes of a 134 minute film featured score. The FYC does clock in at 1hr 43min or so, right?

It's a shame the FYC is clipped so badly. I've thought about running it through Izotope to see if the clipping can be removed.

Leviathant
01-17-2017, 08:31 PM
I just stopped by to say "Terminus" - carry on.

paul_guyet
01-17-2017, 11:30 PM
With regards to the FYC versus the final release: the FYC is exactly the music used in the film, right down to exact track lengths. The FYC tracks are all versions/adaptations/sections of the final tracks. There is nothing altogether new on the FYC that isn't on the final version.
Some are exactly the same as the final versions but much shittier quality as FYC discs aren't made for audio fidelity but rather to give those voting a picture of the music used in the film.

FineFinchTails
01-18-2017, 05:58 AM
I just stopped by to say "Terminus" - carry on.

Quake + Closure DVD menu

Ryan
01-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Quake + Closure DVD menu

I don't think I've heard the Closure DVD menu music. How long does it go for?

Jon
01-18-2017, 09:23 AM
...as FYC discs aren't made for audio fidelity but rather to give those voting a picture of the music used in the film.

I completely understand the concept, I just... don't agree with the execution. I'll leave it there because it is what it is.

So anywho,

Which tracks contain the Folktek Luminist Garden? I know I heard the clicking/knocking in "Long Shadows On The Street".

zecho
01-18-2017, 11:21 AM
So, I have tried to buy this album from Tidal around twenty times, but each time it brings up an error and won't let me purchase it. Is there any other option for lossless? I've always gotten everything in lossless, and while I DEFINITELY appreciate all of this new music, I can't help but find the release of almost every bit of it to be extremely anti-consumer. It's almost as if they don't want you to listen to it, and that really disappoints me, because the music itself is amazing.

Anyway, there's my rant.

ninjaw
01-18-2017, 12:07 PM
never heard about this ugly tidal wtf flac is 18€ and mp3 10€ ? what the fuck does that mean ? Nobody explained them that FLAC was just 1990's CD ?

zecho
01-18-2017, 12:15 PM
never heard about this ugly tidal wtf flac is 18€ and mp3 10€ ? what the fuck does that mean ? Nobody explained them that FLAC was just 1990's CD ?

It's because Tidal is a shitty company. Their website is atrocious, their pricing is abhorrent, and their philosophy from the get go was to force people to use their service by having popular artists release their music with them exclusively. Everything about them is scummy, but they're the only option for this album in lossless that I know of.

Lerxto
01-18-2017, 03:59 PM
So, I have tried to buy this album from Tidal around twenty times, but each time it brings up an error and won't let me purchase it. Is there any other option for lossless? I've always gotten everything in lossless, and while I DEFINITELY appreciate all of this new music, I can't help but find the release of almost every bit of it to be extremely anti-consumer. It's almost as if they don't want you to listen to it, and that really disappoints me, because the music itself is amazing.

Anyway, there's my rant.
Just wait a little bit until it's up for sale on store.nin.com.

Vertigo
01-18-2017, 05:30 PM
NIN store's always been my policy, regardless of the varying degrees of shittiness in the third-party distributor. It's worth it for a day 1 download in a package Trent's signed off on, with the money going primarily to the artist.

Can't continue that policy now though - Before The Flood is priced four times as much as a lossless copy from 7Digital, for the benefit of a bonus vinyl that I can't play. I'm also in the unhappy position of having waited seven+ years for a deluxe/remastered/nipple-tickled Fragile, only to find I can't afford it. Not anticipating a vinyl-free option for Patriot's Day on NIN.com anytime soon, that makes me a sad panda.

neorev
01-18-2017, 06:16 PM
It's because Tidal is a shitty company. Their website is atrocious, their pricing is abhorrent, and their philosophy from the get go was to force people to use their service by having popular artists release their music with them exclusively. Everything about them is scummy, but they're the only option for this album in lossless that I know of.

It's not just Tidal though, major digital stores like Beatport and Junodownload all rape you with lossless. Both actually tack an extra amount on per track. Beatport is 75 cents per track. So a 14 track album that was originally $9.99 for MP3 is now $9.99 + (75 cents × 14), which becomes $20.49 total. The more tracks, the more screwed you get. There's no reason for this price gouging crap. A digital file is a digital file. HDTracks and ProStudioMasters are all up there in price.

I personally prefer Qobuz.com for lossless music, good pricing even for 24 bit music. A single purchase price gives me unlimited downloads to various formats of my choice too.

eversonpoe
01-18-2017, 06:48 PM
It's not just Tidal though, major digital stores like Beatport and Junodownload all rape you with lossless. Both actually tack an extra amount on per track. Beatport is 75 cents per track. So a 14 track album that was originally $9.99 for MP3 is now $9.99 + (75 cents × 14), which becomes $20.49 total. The more tracks, the more screwed you get. There's no reason for this price gouging crap. A digital file is a digital file. HDTracks and ProStudioMasters are all up there in price.

I personally prefer Qobuz.com for lossless music, good pricing even for 24 bit music. A single purchase price gives me unlimited downloads to various formats of my choice too.

seriously, you can't find a better word to use? "screw", "destroy", "take advantage of"?

neorev
01-18-2017, 08:33 PM
What? I did use the word screw...

The more tracks, the more screwed you get.

See?

Now using the same word twice would be lazy.

zecho
01-18-2017, 09:59 PM
The problem with being offended by that particular turn of phrase is that it's synonyms mean the exact same thing figuratively. "Screwed" and "fucked" both imply that you didn't want it under the circumstances.

piggy
01-18-2017, 11:33 PM
I don't think I've heard the Closure DVD menu music. How long does it go for?
They're just little snippets. You can download them compiled into one track here:
http://www.nindestruct.com/music.html

SM Rollinger
01-18-2017, 11:57 PM
They're just little snippets. You can download them compiled into one track here:
IDK how I havent seen that site until now, but thats badass.

paul_guyet
01-19-2017, 02:16 PM
I completely understand the concept, I just... don't agree with the execution. I'll leave it there because it is what it is.

So anywho,

Which tracks contain the Folktek Luminist Garden? I know I heard the clicking/knocking in "Long Shadows On The Street".

I don't agree with the execution either. It's lazy.
As for the LG, it's a lot more prevalent on the GG score.

ecirb
01-19-2017, 03:44 PM
IDK how I havent seen that site until now, but thats badass.

Pretty sure I compiled that track. It was originally on Remix.nin.com.

I have a "lossless" file if interested.

vivisection13
01-19-2017, 05:26 PM
Interested.

nowimnothing
01-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Interested too!

ninlive
01-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Just wanted to chime in that I really appreciate that TR + AR use the Swarmatron so readily in their scores. Or, it may be just some other modular gear, but the out of tune notes make me want to think otherwise. I think it's great that they incorporate some very abstract pieces of instruments from what a traditional movie score would use. Also, that link that either the nin or TR's twitter posted about some of the recording processes they use, or how they got inspiration for tracks was nice to see such insight. I know I am a fan, but I do admire what TR and AR do to create such great/quality music.

Haven't seen the movie yet. But I am looking forward to watching it this weekend after listening to this score pretty much on loop since I got it. OK, WAYYY too much rambling by me. Back to lurking! Bye!

raptors661
01-19-2017, 11:08 PM

Interested!

Kamelion
01-20-2017, 05:07 PM

Interested too, thanks :)

Leviathant
01-20-2017, 05:53 PM

Oh now that's embarrassing. Would you believe the whole reason I started making NIN websites was to distribute those terrible S3M "remixes"? Ah, the pretentiousness of youth. I had no real concept of pitch back then.

Ryan
01-20-2017, 08:52 PM

Awesome! Was anything done similarly for the AATCHB menu music? And how do we tag it?

raptors661
01-20-2017, 11:45 PM
Awesome! Was anything done similarly for the AATCHB menu music? And how do we tag it?
I just copy and pasted them end to end with audacity for a multi-disc complete Fragile set I worked on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0lsjqmdp16v82b/AATCHB.mp3?dl=0

nowimnothing
01-21-2017, 03:52 AM
I just copy and pasted them end to end with audacity for a multi-disc complete Fragile set I worked on.

Thanks for this! Does anyone have the menumusic for BYIT?

ninjaw
01-21-2017, 04:14 AM
Oh now that's embarrassing. Would you believe the whole reason I started making NIN websites was to distribute those terrible S3M "remixes"? Ah, the pretentiousness of youth. I had no real concept of pitch back then.

I did share MID back in time, now I wonder why. But i got a CDG collection right now and it looks like i'm the only one, so...

fillow
01-21-2017, 04:22 AM
Does anyone have the menumusic for BYIT?
There is no menu music in BYIT.

nowimnothing
01-21-2017, 07:15 AM
There is no menu music in BYIT.
Now I feel foolish. It has been a while since I watched it.

Time to remedy that me thinks...

ninlive
01-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Maaaan.... That movies was BRUTAL! Like, at times hard to watch. Then the music just heightened the uncomfortable feeling of these scenes. Some parts had me in tears. It was really well done.

ninjaw
01-22-2017, 12:32 AM
Unbelievable ost finally is on quobuz in flac 24/48 15€ and flac 16 10€ i say unbelievable because Before the flood wasn't 24bit ...
http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/patriots-day-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/0780163493627

neorev
01-22-2017, 04:50 AM
Unbelievable ost finally is on quobuz in flac 24/48 15€ and flac 16 10€ i say unbelievable because Before the flood wasn't 24bit ...
http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/patriots-day-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/0780163493627

I came him to post this lol
Purchased!

Shadaloo
01-23-2017, 03:20 PM

Very interested. I grabbed the mp3 off nindestruct a few weeks ago and have been playing it pretty often. It's beyond cool to me that TR just basically whipped up a piece of TDS/TDS-esque music in 2004 or so just for the Closure DVD. Love it.

FineFinchTails
01-24-2017, 06:05 AM
Does anyone here have pictures of the FYC CDs they have?

Deadpool
01-24-2017, 10:33 PM
The movie made me cry. I really liked it.

Admittedly, the score felt kinda neutered after enjoying the album versions so much beforehand, but it still worked very well. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Peter Berg film until now, I but I was really, really impressed by his handle on action/the Watertown shootout. What a sequence. Michael Mann-esque. Furthermore, I don't think he smothered the story in excess sentimentality – it felt pretty authentic and balanced. For a long movie, myself and the small audience I saw it with seemed pretty glued to the screen, even during the epilogue/addendum.

ROFLRICK
01-25-2017, 10:41 AM
The movie made me cry. I really liked it.

Admittedly, the score felt kinda neutered after enjoying the album versions so much beforehand, but it still worked very well. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Peter Berg film until now, I but I was really, really impressed by his handle on action/the Watertown shootout. What a sequence. Michael Mann-esque. Furthermore, I don't think he smothered the story in excess sentimentality – it felt pretty authentic and balanced. For a long movie, myself and the small audience I saw it with seemed pretty glued to the screen, even during the epilogue/addendum.
I've been a fan of Peter Berg since his first film, Very Bad Things. Many of his films aren't especially amazing, and some are downright bad—Battleship, ahem.

Patriots Day is his best film, and certainly his best iteration of recent history re-creation. Lone Survivor was good, Deepwater Horizon was a little better. But, as someone who lived in Waltham, MA at the time of the bombing (the town over from Watertown) who's wife worked at the Prudential Center, had friends who ran the marathon that day, and knows many Boston area cops (my landlord was Waltham PD), Patriots Day simply nailed it. Maybe not the accents, but the tone and feel of Boston, the tension and fear of that week... tremendous work.

The score composed by Trent and Atticus is their best work for a film to date—how something can be equal parts uplifting, moving, and terrifying I do not know, but they did it. As a standalone work, it's incredible, and its use in the film was incredibly effective.

Substance242
01-26-2017, 02:04 AM
While listening to this soundtrack, around the middle I am like "I don't think I'll listen to this very often..." (bad things onscreen probably, didn't see yet), then the last two tracks appear and I am "aaah... beautiful, worth the tension". :-) (omg not the events!, strictly music)

GulDukat
01-30-2017, 09:15 PM
I am from the Boston/Watertown area, so this film hit a nerve with me. I loved this movie, absolutely loved it. Great film score too. #BostonStrong.

SM Rollinger
01-30-2017, 09:59 PM

Awesome man, id like so see that track listing, considering this one is Track 9 of Disc 5?!

raptors661
01-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Awesome man, id like so see that track listing, considering this one is Track 9 of Disc 5?!
http://i.imgur.com/RxUsxC7.jpg

Discs 1 and 2 are the vinyl and cassette versions Left and Right. Was never too happy with 4 and 5's structure. Been meaning to shuffle it around and try something different. I think I'm still missing a few things as well.

opal
02-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Haven't seen the movie and haven't been interested in the score ... so far.

But holy ... Listened to it now a few times and it's amazing!!

ROFLRICK
02-01-2017, 11:13 AM
I am from the Boston/Watertown area, so this film hit a nerve with me. I loved this movie, absolutely loved it. Great film score too. #BostonStrong.

I was an out-of-towner who made good friends with many locals (mostly in the Waltham area) and I felt the movie was so accurate in the way it displayed the people there. That was a crazy week.

tricil
02-01-2017, 03:04 PM
http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/11739 finally available domestic in lossless

Pbgut
02-02-2017, 12:34 AM
"Long Shadows on the Street" reminds me of "Leaving Hope." I love it. This might be my favorite soundtrack of theirs in awhile.

fillow
02-02-2017, 05:16 AM
Goddamnit, the movie isn't released in the theaters in my region (at least no scheduled date available yet). Looks like it's gonna be the first TRAR score which I'll listen to before seeing the film.

ninjaw
02-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Goddamnit, the movie isn't released in the theaters in my region (at least no scheduled date available yet). Looks like it's gonna be the first TRAR score which I'll listen to before seeing the film.

The movie leaked.

perfectOrganism
02-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Does The Night Drive contain elements of TGWTDT score? Sounds like it.

TheBang
02-18-2017, 06:19 AM
http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/11739 finally available domestic in lossless
Finally hit 7Digital US too:

https://us.7digital.com/artist/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/release/patriots-day-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-6113291

eversonpoe
02-18-2017, 04:31 PM
i still haven't heard this or seen the film. this is definitely the longest i've ever waited to hear a trent-related release...i just want to order the vinyl, god damnit.

davemuzik85
02-28-2017, 05:46 PM
I have faith that some form of a physical version will be made available in the foreseeable future, so i really don't want to pay twice: once for the digital files and then again when the physical format becomes available which when it is purchased, will already have the digital version included. So i guess my question is, are there any kind souls out there that can point me in the "right direction" or hook a brother up, if ya catch my drift? inbox message me obviously, i know the rules round here...unless of course, i already did just break the rules??? whatever, thats neither here nor there...can someone just message me plz already, k thanks!

nowimnothing
02-28-2017, 06:34 PM
I have faith that some form of a physical version will be made available in the foreseeable future, so i really don't want to pay twice: once for the digital files and then again when the physical format becomes available which when it is purchased, will already have the digital version included. So i guess my question is, are there any kind souls out there that can point me in the "right direction" or hook a brother up, if ya catch my drift? inbox message me obviously, i know the rules round here...unless of course, i already did just break the rules??? whatever, thats neither here nor there...can someone just message me plz already, k thanks!
There are torrents available.

Arcspiral
02-28-2017, 09:22 PM
There are torrents available.

All I've been able to find is the FYC rip, which I've decided not to listen to. I want the real thing too, but like davemuzik85, not really wanting to shell out twice for digital and physical.

davemuzik85
02-28-2017, 11:21 PM
yes exactly what arc spiral said. All i can find is the "for your consideration" version and it has like 33 tracks that are all out of order. I'm looking for the 12 track official version thats on i-toonz and Clam-azon. Once again, private message me if you got the hook up!
I'm definitely getting banned for this haha

ninjaw
03-01-2017, 02:13 AM
yes exactly what arc spiral said. All i can find is the "for your consideration" version and it has like 33 tracks that are all out of order. I'm looking for the 12 track official version thats on i-toonz and Clam-azon. Once again, private message me if you got the hook up!
I'm definitely getting banned for this haha

I am in the same situation... except i prefer 24bit. But I know it's forbidden to ask for warez here.

Lastentrance
03-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Wow, that was exemplary film making. Exactly what Hollywood cinema should be. I think the score might be their best utilised. It was dynamic and subtle, exploding at the right moments. Gorgeous work.

Reznor2112
03-14-2017, 03:35 PM
I am really concerned that this vinyl will never see the light of day...

Same with Before the Flood.

witte
03-14-2017, 04:44 PM
Can I make you happy?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRoDVsVAV1s/

Reznor2112
03-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Can I make you happy?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRoDVsVAV1s/

https://media.giphy.com/media/B0vFTrb0ZGDf2/giphy.gif

Tommy_Macbeth
03-18-2017, 09:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HY6Q2Lx8CM

Jon
03-19-2017, 09:26 AM
From a review (http://www.avsforum.com/patriots-day-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review/) of the Patriots Day UHD BD:

In listening to the DTS:X surround mix I found it to be of the less aggressive variety, but considering the source material that’s not a complete surprise. Its use of sound elements placed above is comprised of a mix of atmospherics, panning fills and occasional discrete effects. This is done to good effect when implemented and creates an enriching level of immersion that coincides with the onscreen events nicely. Examples can be found during the parade’s opening, the bombing, and Watertown standoff. The music score is subtly mixed over the platform so as to add natural depth to its orchestrated elements without drawing attention away from the thematic details of what is transpiring onscreen. While this mix doesn’t make constant use of attention grabbing audio object placement, I found myself completely involved when it mattered, and found this to be an enjoyable audio presentation that absolutely complimented the source material.

witte
03-20-2017, 06:56 AM
anyway, i still don't understand why it isn't for (pre)sale on nin.com, just like the other soundtracks. (e.g., 'before the flood' isn't even released too)

Reznor2112
03-21-2017, 11:16 AM
news coming for Patriots Day via Invada Records instagram

Also From the Before the Flood thread...

https://www.amazon.com/Before-Flood-Trent-Reznor/dp/B06XCSBRXR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490112639&sr=8-1&keywords=before+the+flood+vinyl+soundtrack

Deepvoid
03-27-2017, 07:48 AM
Saw the movie this past weekend and strangely enough, I thought the movie elevated the soundtrack to another level. I never really connected with it on its own. The fact that I'm still listening to the FYC version that sounds awful doesn't help but after watching the movie, it's like I've discovered a completely new soundtrack.
Songs have new meanings and are definitely more enjoyable.

witte
03-31-2017, 04:58 AM
Good luck (for US/UK followers; my bad) (https://www.instagram.com/p/BSSZJ9bADVO/?taken-by=lakeshorerecords)

wizfan
03-31-2017, 06:51 AM
From a review (http://www.avsforum.com/patriots-day-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review/) of the Patriots Day UHD BD:

In listening to the DTS:X surround mix I found it to be of the less aggressive variety, but considering the source material that’s not a complete surprise. Its use of sound elements placed above is comprised of a mix of atmospherics, panning fills and occasional discrete effects. This is done to good effect when implemented and creates an enriching level of immersion that coincides with the onscreen events nicely. Examples can be found during the parade’s opening, the bombing, and Watertown standoff. The music score is subtly mixed over the platform so as to add natural depth to its orchestrated elements without drawing attention away from the thematic details of what is transpiring onscreen. While this mix doesn’t make constant use of attention grabbing audio object placement, I found myself completely involved when it mattered, and found this to be an enjoyable audio presentation that absolutely complimented the source material.

Another review from blu-ray.com (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Patriots-Day-Blu-ray/171857/#Review) (for the BD; the UHD has the same audio track):

Patriots Day features an extremely effective DTS:X mix that offers a glut of spatial placements of various sound effects that are often almost disturbingly lifelike. Kind of interestingly, at least some of the depiction of the initial bomb blasts are from a slight distance, and so the power of the explosions are strangely muted, though it feels lifelike in the context of where the camera is placed (some other "up close and personal" vignettes offer much more sonic energy). But while these expected moments of audio focus provide ample surround energy, there are other, less obvious, uses of the surround channels which include everything from the whirling of police and broadcast helicopters to the chaos as patients are brought into hospitals. The mix is a bit chaotic at times, as might be expected, but prioritization is always well handled. The pulsing score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross is also effectively splayed through the surrounds.

witte
04-01-2017, 01:52 PM
FYC CD (http://www.ebay.com/itm/PATRIOTS-DAY-2016-BEST-ORIGINAL-SCORE-SAMPLER-CD-FYC-TRENT-REZNOR-ATTICUS-ROSS-/222458452481?hash=item33cb8e9a01:g:tGMAAOSwXYtY3rd Y)jewel case. Seller told me there's also a monodisk jewel case version which was send out to the academy (beside the card sleeve dual disk version). Good luck.

NIN64
04-05-2017, 06:24 AM
Good luck (for US/UK followers; my bad) (https://www.instagram.com/p/BSSZJ9bADVO/?taken-by=lakeshorerecords)

I won! Lakeshore sent me a message on Instagram just after 2AM this morning. Pretty sweet.

ninjaw
04-05-2017, 07:04 AM
I won! Lakeshore sent me a message on Instagram just after 2AM this morning. Pretty sweet.

I think we still miss the 1cd promo ? plz rip.

NIN64
04-05-2017, 07:49 AM
I think we still miss the 1cd promo ? plz rip.

I don't think it's a FYC. It looks like it's a CD version of what is currently available as a digital retail release and coming soon as a vinyl release.

ninjaw
04-05-2017, 09:04 AM
I don't think it's a FYC. It looks like it's a CD version of what is currently available as a digital retail release and coming soon as a vinyl release.

You're right, it doesn't say FYC. Well at least scan the covers :) and who knows ? this may be a FYC 1 disk copy ?

bevilacq12
04-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Does anyone have pressed FYC CDs of Patriots Day (and can upload a pic of the bottom of the CD to prove it)?

I purchased two on ebay from seemingly reputable sellers (with a history of selling FYC stuff, so they must be academy members or whatever) and both sets were CD-Rs. They did not seem like home-burnt CD-Rs from random sellers trying to make a buck - they looked professionally duplicated.

curbes
04-11-2017, 05:38 AM
Does anyone have pressed FYC CDs of Patriots Day (and can upload a pic of the bottom of the CD to prove it)?

I purchased two on ebay from seemingly reputable sellers (with a history of selling FYC stuff, so they must be academy members or whatever) and both sets were CD-Rs. They did not seem like home-burnt CD-Rs from random sellers trying to make a buck - they looked professionally duplicated.

I have CD-R too
http://imageshack.cz/images/2017/02/17/Vystrizek.jpg

ninjaw
04-11-2017, 07:28 AM
I have CD-R too
http://imageshack.cz/images/2017/02/17/Vystrizek.jpg

So we do have the FYC one cd.

NIN64
05-10-2017, 07:05 PM
The discs I won from Lakeshore Records on Instagram came last week. I've been busy and I didn't get a chance to share. . . Here they are!

http://i.imgur.com/7a3tTBF.jpg

NIN64
05-10-2017, 07:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b0qQV9F.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b33Fz6e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TcE8XcV.jpg

eversonpoe
05-15-2017, 09:00 AM
any news on vinyl pre-order yet? the last i saw was that it's "coming soon" via the lakeshore loves vinyl fb page.

witte
05-28-2017, 04:43 PM
nobody bought it (http://www.ebay.nl/itm/122506996808?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
keep an eye on it. maybe it will be relisted :) good luck

KreTafkA
05-30-2017, 01:01 AM
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/PATRIOTS-DAY-2016-BEST-ORIGINAL-SCORE-RARE-SAMPLER-FYC-TRENT-REZNOR-ATTICUS-ROSS-/122521766128?hash=item1c86ddc8f0:g:tYoAAOSw-K9ZINs2

Reznor2112
06-05-2017, 03:06 PM
So...the vinyl is now listed on NIN.com as Coming Soon.

As ONE LP....

Please let that be a text placeholder. How the hell would this fit on one LP? :confused:

UPDATED ;)
http://img.pixady.com/2017/06/355690_screen_shot_20170606_at_9.30.55_am.png

Inthemoment
07-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Wow didn't this ever get slept on!!!!! Has no one really listened to this beast on Apple Music? This thing is the closest work to TF since that era and I think his best soundtrack work. Especially the opening track and Terminus! Holy shit!!!

joplinpicasso
07-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Wow didn't this ever get slept on!!!!! Has no one really listened to this beast on Apple Music? This thing is the closest work to TF since that era and I think his best soundtrack work. Especially the opening track and Terminus! Holy shit!!!

Yeah, this is fantastic. If anything, I am drawn a bit more towards the other soundtracks because of how contemplative they are, but this has moments of violence and pure brilliance. If stranded on a desert island, I'd have to take TR+AR's score work.

BRoswell
08-05-2017, 03:21 PM
I finally saw the film last night. Trent & Atticus' score very much elevated the tension in the film (as to be expected), but I still have to say that this is on the lower end of the list of scores they've done. It feels a bit more workmanlike than their work with David Fincher. Effective, but not quite as rewarding a listen as most of the others.

Pbgut
09-16-2017, 03:41 AM

Long Shadows on the Street is one of the closest tracks to the One Hour Photo themes on Still, which I always wanted a whole album of. I love it.

Reznor2112
09-27-2017, 04:19 PM
June 13: lakeshorerecords (https://www.instagram.com/lakeshorerecords/)Seriously f'ing honored to be releasing PATRIOTS DAY vinyl for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross in partnership with our friends at Invada UK! Wow! Career highlight of the highest order. Thank you guys! #Repost (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/repost/) @nineinchnails (https://www.instagram.com/nineinchnails/)
・・・
The NIN.com store is back up and running. New to the store: PRICK vinyl reissue, LOST HIGHWAY vinyl. Coming Soon: QUAKE vinyl reissue, PATRIOTS DAY vinyl.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cookie_monster_waiting.gif

sheepdean
09-27-2017, 07:57 PM
June 13: lakeshorerecords (https://www.instagram.com/lakeshorerecords/)Seriously f'ing honored to be releasing PATRIOTS DAY vinyl for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross in partnership with our friends at Invada UK! Wow! Career highlight of the highest order. Thank you guys! #Repost (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/repost/)@nineinchnails (https://www.instagram.com/nineinchnails/)
・・・
The NIN.com store is back up and running. New to the store: PRICK vinyl reissue, LOST HIGHWAY vinyl. Coming Soon: QUAKE vinyl reissue, PATRIOTS DAY vinyl.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cookie_monster_waiting.gif
Invada and the NIN store working together? You're not gonna get it for 4 years - although when it comes, it will look and sound amazing because Invada are bae

Reznor2112
09-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Invada and the NIN store working together? You're not gonna get it for 4 years - although when it comes, it will look and sound amazing because Invada are bae

Yeah but they also worked together on the Before the Flood vinyl. That was on the Lakeshore label. In theory, this should've been released before The Vietnam War vinyl...

Reznor2112
01-07-2018, 11:40 AM
So I have reached out to Lakeshore Records numerous times to ask about the vinyl release with ZERO response. I am assuming this release is dead.

BRoswell
01-07-2018, 12:24 PM
So I have reached out to Lakeshore Records numerous times to ask about the vinyl release with ZERO response. I am assuming this release is dead.

I'm guessing it's because the film didn't do that well. The scores for Before The Flood and The Vietnam War also got more attention overall.

gorast
01-07-2018, 09:58 PM
It's still got a placeholder on nin.com alongside Quake and the other Definitive Editions. I think the store is preparing to release them all at the same time instead of piecemeal, and they have to make sure they're ready for that before doing any of it. I wouldn't say it's dead until the placeholder disappears from the store.

Prettybrokenspiral
06-09-2018, 08:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/h5VMQAC.jpg

Finally got my hands on these beautiful babes today.. :)

gorast
06-10-2018, 01:43 PM
What's that Greatest Hits CD? A bootleg?

Damage
06-10-2018, 02:21 PM

Yes let's talk about that for a bit? What is that? Track listing? Etc etc etc.

Pbgut
06-10-2018, 02:41 PM

Yes let's talk about that for a bit? What is that? Track listing? Etc etc etc.

Discogs is your friend: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Greatest-Hits/release/2118682

Didn't realize Pinion was a "greatest hit" (or "And All That Could Have Been" for that matter, though it shoulda been).

And check out the artwork: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/e0efdc9089408b2946f1eb7076b4cd90.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/84836d7e358b078e6fe5cf9c801b0d04.jpg

Damage
06-12-2018, 03:09 AM
Discogs is your friend: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Greatest-Hits/release/2118682

Didn't realize Pinion was a "greatest hit" (or "And All That Could Have Been" for that matter, though it shoulda been).

And check out the artwork: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/e0efdc9089408b2946f1eb7076b4cd90.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/84836d7e358b078e6fe5cf9c801b0d04.jpg

Interesting. I would def pick up if I ever run into a copy even though I have all the tracks.

Prettybrokenspiral
06-13-2018, 10:44 AM
The Greatest Hits is a Russian bootleg from 2008, albeit a well-curated one. All of the actual singles up to Year Zero are included, rounded out by crucial album cuts from across the years. I have a similar Deftones 2-CD greatest hits from the same company in 2010 that is equally as thorough. They're both relatively hard to find, so when this one popped up, I jumped on it. I will gladly pay money for an officially sanctioned GH by either band, should they ever materialize..

The FYC Patriot's Day package has -- from what I can discern -- a significant amount of additional score music that was not included on the original PD release. Is anyone familiar with these FYC editions and know why they contain different/additional music than the original releases? I'm pretty sure The Social Network had an FYC edition as well, but I don't own that one yet, so I couldn’t say if it differs or not..

bgalbraith
06-13-2018, 03:33 PM

nincatalog is also your friend :)
http://nincatalog.com/unauthorized/greatest-hits-ru-cd-987/

hologram parade
06-17-2018, 03:26 PM
The FYC Patriot's Day package has -- from what I can discern -- a significant amount of additional score music that was not included on the original PD release. Is anyone familiar with these FYC editions and know why they contain different/additional music than the original releases? I'm pretty sure The Social Network had an FYC edition as well, but I don't own that one yet, so I couldn’t say if it differs or not..

Im almost positive in saying that TSN FYC had variation as well. To my knowledge, these releases are different bc they only feature the music as it was heard, and used in the film specifically. And not the necessarily the “finished” final product that will be released at a later date, but I could be wrong

Reznor2112
07-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Finally got a not-shitty response. Lakeshore kept giving me the runaround but Imvada at least gave us something in their Instagram AMA

https://s15.postimg.cc/edbo7uoe3/F2_CBE267-_C1_D9-4176-_A60_F-037_CADA08_AF7.png

sore_and_crucified
10-21-2018, 03:45 AM
Is this release still happening? Also, does anyone have any knowledge about the next wave of vinyl releases that were scheduled on NiN.com?

gorast
10-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Trent and Atticus have done a couple interviews now where they mention that not every scoring experience went as well as they'd like, and I can't help but feel that Patriots Day is the one they're talking about every time. It seems the most out-of-place, aside from maybe Before the Flood, but they even did a vocal track for that one, so I really think it's just this project.

bobbie solo
10-30-2018, 11:54 PM
Trent and Atticus have done a couple interviews now where they mention that not every scoring experience went as well as they'd like, and I can't help but feel that Patriots Day is the one they're talking about every time. It seems the most out-of-place, aside from maybe Before the Flood, but they even did a vocal track for that one, so I really think it's just this project.

it's 100% Patriot's Day. They've mentioned practically every score they've done by name in a positive sense for years now. And then there's Patriot's Day, which they've never discussed and still won't mention by name.

sonic_discord
10-31-2018, 12:28 AM
Unless there was another one that they bailed on or never came to fruition? But yeah, of the ones they've released, this is the one I'd put my money on, too.

spahn
10-31-2018, 12:04 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing and couldn't help but think that it's Patriot's Day. It's the only one that has not been "promoted" by the TR/AR camp and to date, we still have no proper release.

ninlive
10-31-2018, 01:02 PM

Patriots Day is one of my favorite scores they have done. Big bummer if that's so.

PhoenixML
10-31-2018, 01:48 PM
It's the only movie with TR&AR music I haven't seen yet.

gorast
10-31-2018, 06:02 PM
Patriots Day is one of my favorite scores they have done. Big bummer if that's so.
I do think it's one of the strongest scores - maybe because it's much more concentrated than GDT, Gone Girl, or Vietnam. Nearly every track feels distinct to me, like I could put a name to each one if I heard it out of the context of the album.

I suppose it is more obvious when you think about it - big budget action/drama film, big name headlining star, clearly a studio-driven film. It was probably a substantially different experience compared to working with a director like Fincher or Ken Burns, or the smaller scale of Before the Flood. I can't imagine they'd do something like that again.

zaps30
10-31-2018, 06:11 PM
Well, with no CD and/or vinyl release I finally cracked down and purchased a download of the album last week. I hate when it's digital only.

Reznor2112
11-01-2018, 10:00 AM
If they hate Patriot's Day so much than why did they put a placeholder for the vinyl up on NIN.com and why would Lakeshore still to this day say that the vinyl is happening.

I honestly believe none of the test pressings have been approved... With TR/AR on tour and doing the EP's, this is probably still in limbo. AND if the test pressings aren't approved, it then becomes a backwards trail, sometimes all the way back to the lacquer cutting to determine what went wrong. This can be a shit long process to even get to the bottom of and get a new test press out for approval.

For all we know, that test press that Lakeshore posted on Instagram a few months ago, is just sitting at TR's house and they haven't listened to it.

Please don't start the "it isn't happening" train yet until Lakeshore says it's gone.

EDIT:

Well fuck, maybe he does hate PD...

https://www.spin.com/2018/10/trent-reznor-director-interview-mid90s/?fbclid=IwAR28FbLTx1hYWvFAZRV4_oZ5Ci9_adie2_lqH2Kj LzeJ1pm_2mkNhrGIyPQ

zecho
11-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Well fuck, maybe he does hate PD...

https://www.spin.com/2018/10/trent-reznor-director-interview-mid90s/?fbclid=IwAR28FbLTx1hYWvFAZRV4_oZ5Ci9_adie2_lqH2Kj LzeJ1pm_2mkNhrGIyPQ

You should read the rest of what he said in that interview. It's not nearly as bad as this quote makes it out to be. That said, the project he regrets is either Patriots Day or one that never got put out. Or maybe Call of Duty, if we count projects without Atticus.

sonic_discord
11-01-2018, 01:05 PM
He does say "We've made mistakes," which implies the inclusion of Atticus.

fillow
11-01-2018, 02:24 PM
If they hate Patriot's Day so much than why did they put a placeholder for the vinyl up on NIN.com and why would Lakeshore still to this day say that the vinyl is happening.

I honestly believe none of the test pressings have been approved... With TR/AR on tour and doing the EP's, this is probably still in limbo. AND if the test pressings aren't approved, it then becomes a backwards trail, sometimes all the way back to the lacquer cutting to determine what went wrong. This can be a shit long process to even get to the bottom of and get a new test press out for approval.

For all we know, that test press that Lakeshore posted on Instagram a few months ago, is just sitting at TR's house and they haven't listened to it.

Please don't start the "it isn't happening" train yet until Lakeshore says it's gone.

I don't see any contradiction here.
He might be disappointed in the project overall, but it doesn't mean he should hate the actual score they did.

gorast
11-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Disliking the process doesn't mean they dislike the music that was made. I highly doubt the vinyl delay is tied to their (theoretical) distaste for the project - it's just that they've been on the road pretty much constantly since 2017, or engrossed in a billion scoring projects, and don't have the time to look over test pressings and art. I think it's that and nothing more regarding the vinyl.

ltrandazzo
11-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Disliking the process doesn't mean they dislike the music that was made. I highly doubt the vinyl delay is tied to their (theoretical) distaste for the project - it's just that they've been on the road pretty much constantly since 2017, or engrossed in a billion scoring projects, and don't have the time to look over test pressings and art. I think it's that and nothing more regarding the vinyl.

And, by other logic that's being stated that dislike = vinyl delays, that's implying that Trent hates With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, and the Quake soundtrack.

Right.

ninlive
11-02-2018, 11:35 AM
I do think it's one of the strongest scores - maybe because it's much more concentrated than GDT, Gone Girl, or Vietnam. Nearly every track feels distinct to me, like I could put a name to each one if I heard it out of the context of the album.

I suppose it is more obvious when you think about it - big budget action/drama film, big name headlining star, clearly a studio-driven film. It was probably a substantially different experience compared to working with a director like Fincher or Ken Burns, or the smaller scale of Before the Flood. I can't imagine they'd do something like that again.

I would assume working on a big budget film means you would have a lot of pressure to bring the best work. It may not be as enjoyable because of that, for sure.

But damn, their score brings so much more depth to the film. "Terminus" when one of the bombers gets run over by the car and then is in the OR coding... That was intense. Before TR/AR, I never really took scores in to account in a film. But I now appreciate scores more than ever.

Reznor2112
11-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Spoke with someone at Lakeshore and asked if it was happening or not because fans want to know.

This is their response:

"No updates so far in either direction. - sorry!"

nmitchell86
11-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Spoke with someone at Lakeshore and asked if it was happening or not because fans want to know.

This is their response:

"No updates so far in either direction. - sorry!"

Thank you for keeping up on this!

FineFinchTails
11-12-2018, 04:37 AM
I wish TR would release the FYC film version along with the album soundtrack as a deluxe edition.

Reznor2112
11-12-2018, 10:02 AM
I wish TR would release the FYC film version along with the album soundtrack as a deluxe edition.

I would just be happy with the commercial release on vinyl...

StockAvuryah
02-27-2019, 08:08 PM
Just watched the film. Much like the movie, the score does it job, and it does it right, somewhat. More akin to a statue to commemorate the event, but.. the hollywood way. It has it flaws, being a bit patchy at times, and notably pushing a bit much during some dialogue with, for example, the simplicity of a duality of bad/good, but it works I guess, if you consider it as an extension of the faith of the character. But anyway, the way real footage is interwinded with re-created footage and the way the events unfold is greatly crafted, and (as I read), accurate. Which is enough.

For the score, I could still decipher the NIN-ness of it, in the subtlety of the piano-based tracks, the way the few moments where a guitar is present unfolds.

But a moment hit me. If I recall well, it's a scene after the bombs already exploded. We get a view of the city, the piano brings out a certain emotion after the events, we get to a specific street, and we go into a dinner with the chinese character speaking to his friend (soon to be girlfriend ?), and at that precise moment, the switch between the events and the mundane life, there is a slight piano fill between two notes, an inflection, a subtle change of pace, which gradually segues the horror with the routine, the everyday life. It links the different people, the different events through the music, making them all more connected, and perfectly expressing a certain message of the film : the importance of the community. That we act as a whole. It's not primarily about the way we act, individually, it's the way the mass acts, the way we deal with the structures within our societies, and the way things can really change.

And well, that moment only, makes it great. I'm certain this isn't exactly what T&A envisioned with this project, maybe this particular moment in this piece wasn't for this scene, or to be used that way.. but in the end, this seems so effortless, so perfect, I'd guess this is one of the part of the score they can be proud of, despite their experience on this film (from what I can decipher from interviews). But this makes it worth it. And I didn't even listen to the album itself, yet.

muad'nin
03-26-2022, 07:19 PM
Just curious; does anybody know of a decently-priced source for this soundtrack? It’s the one soundtrack I’ve yet to hear from TR/AR, and would love to.

Sorry if my bump of this thread has lead anybody to think there is actual news of a physical release.

BRoswell
03-26-2022, 07:24 PM
Just curious; does anybody know of a decently-priced source for this soundtrack? It’s the one soundtrack I’ve yet to hear from TR/AR, and would love to.

Sorry if my bump of this thread has lead anybody to think there is actual news of a physical release.

Album Patriots Day (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross | Qobuz: download and streaming in high quality (https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/patriots-day-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/0780163493627)

muad'nin
03-27-2022, 03:13 PM
Album Patriots Day (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross | Qobuz: download and streaming in high quality (https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/patriots-day-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/0780163493627)

Thank you ever so much!

Reznor2112
03-28-2022, 12:27 PM
Captain's Log (Day 1,865):

We sit on this rocky sea, still waiting. Waiting for the day to come that we know may never come. Goddamn...nearly a decade now in only four short years... I feel our search will end soon...with nothing to show for it. We will continue but the crew is growing tired...some already lost along the way. (sigh) Today we carry on... maybe. maybe, soon. soon. maybe soon we shall see the elusive vinyl. until then.

End Captain's Log.

botley
03-29-2022, 06:57 PM
soon. Soon. Maybe soon

now it's never happening nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah

Erneuert
03-29-2022, 11:00 PM
now it's never happening nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah

*sings along with tdtwwa*

nah nah nah nahh, nah nah nah nah nahhhh…