PDA

View Full Version : Crow (remake)

GulDukat
09-10-2016, 07:43 AM
IDK.

Remakes are often tired and lame, but this could, potentially, be good. I like the idea of sticking closer to the source material, having the new movie be more like the comic. I have never seen Jason Momoa in a movie, so I have no comment on the casting. If it sucks, it sucks. The franchise has already been dragged through the mud with three awful sequels and a super shitty TV show. We still have the classic, original movie.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1553970/the-crow-remake-is-happening-sooner-than-we-thought

wight rabbit
09-10-2016, 12:45 PM
I will never understand why people get so uptight about remakes. I look at them like cover songs -- if it doesn't work for you, go back and listen to the original. That being said, I've been curious to see where this goes. O'Barr seems to be pretty excited about this since he is heavily involved in making sure it covers as much of the source material as possible.

Deepvoid
09-10-2016, 01:59 PM
That movie is one of my favorite.
I don't mind remakes.
The chances of this remake being better or as good as the original are 0%.

Jinsai
09-10-2016, 04:17 PM
hey, I've got an idea! Let's remake a movie!

Space Suicide
09-10-2016, 05:03 PM
hey, I've got an idea! Let's remake a movie!

Basically.

Even if James O'Barr is involved with this I still don't see why we need a remake of a classic cult film.

GulDukat
09-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Basically.

Even if James O'Barr is involved with this I still don't see why we need a remake of a classic cult film.

If O'Barr is involved and it has a good script and director and stays true to the original comic, complete with the skull cowboy, horse sequence etc., it could be good. It would be less of a remake, more of a retelling.

GulDukat
09-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Then again, it could completely suck.

onthewall2983
09-10-2016, 08:20 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, but I once read the first couple pages of the original novel (bought it as a gift for an ex-girlfriend) and could see how different it was to the movie. Proyas made an entertaining movie of it, although I can see where they had to lighten it up a bit to make it palatable for the studios. All things considered, including the idea that Paramount wanted to do it as a musical starring Michael Jackson, it came out okay. But if this new version is done with a sensibility closer to the original author's vision then I'm interested.

GulDukat
09-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Saw the original movie for the first time in ages--as it's my go-to movie for the Fall. It's held up pretty well, despite being very 90's in style/tone/music, etc. Hopefully we'll get some updates on the remake soon.