PDA

View Full Version : it's britney, bitch

kel
08-26-2016, 09:28 PM
--

allegro
08-26-2016, 09:35 PM
As I posted in the Cheers You Up thread, I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS. Britney still has it, she is inspiring (and I <3 James, too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSd9hiBGoE0&feature=youtu.be

kel
08-26-2016, 10:28 PM
my cheeks hurt, i'm grinning so much. also james is sexy af.

elevenism
08-26-2016, 10:39 PM
I love, and I mean LOOOOOOVE Toxic and always have. I was riding around with toxic friends and in a toxic relationship and putting toxic speedballs in my veins at that point in time. It fit. It was the right two step/breakbeat track at the right time for me/ I adore it, that one, and Slave or I'm a Slave, whatever it's called.

also, what up @kel (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=420)s !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-sg1SnDAM

Definitely a cooler name than Cornfed Chump, cause Kels, brother, you ain't no chump :) <3

allegro
08-26-2016, 10:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzybwwf2HoQ

elevenism
08-26-2016, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzybwwf2HoQ
is this you busting my balls for not remembering the name, or saying that you, too enjoy the track.

I assume it's the former. Sometimes I think you bust my balls for sport, allegro ;)
kels , Re "pop" hang ups, first off, what in the fuck is pop, you know? When Jay Z and Eminem became insanely popular, did they become "pop?"
To me, pop means "popular" music and isn't necessarily a certain style. In the UK, DnB is "pop," right?

I fucking love lady gaga and Madonna and MJ. I am like you if I understand what you were saying. I hit a point where it was like "fuck it, I like it and I don't care what people think." Depeche Mode and David Bowie often fall into the pop category too, right?

kel
08-26-2016, 10:51 PM
much love elevenism. the user name change was necessary, glad my buddies here recognize it.

"toxic" is so fun, hope you can find *some* angle to make it so.

if you want to dig deeper, listen to songs from blackout. read: bald, umbrella-welding britney. "why should i be sad?". and circus. "blur" guts me, too.

edit: pop "hang ups" are what happened in the miley thread, the beyonce thread, and what happened in the brit thread i started on ets 1.0 years ago. music is supposed to be fun, right?

elevenism
08-26-2016, 11:07 PM
much love @elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475). the user name change was necessary, glad my buddies here recognize it.

"toxic" is so fun, hope you can find *some* angle to make it so.

if you want to dig deeper, listen to songs from blackout. read: bald, umbrella-welding britney. "why should i be sad?". and circus. "blur" guts me, too.

edit: pop "hang ups" are what happened in the miley thread, the beyonce thread, and what happened in the brit thread i started on ets 1.0 years ago. music is supposed to be fun, right?
oh, I never said it wasn't fun!
Also, can I call you @kel (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=420)s ?

allegro
08-26-2016, 11:10 PM
is this you busting my balls for not remembering the name, or saying that you, too enjoy the track.
Um ... this is the Britney Spears thread and I wanted to see the video?

kel
08-26-2016, 11:11 PM
yup. lots do!

i admire your openness to new things.

edit: just remembered how legendary the "me against the music" video with madge is.

allegro
08-26-2016, 11:13 PM
actually I've always loved that video LOL (choreography especially)

Britney Spears is my secret pleasure.

allegro
08-26-2016, 11:18 PM
edit: just remembered how legendary the "me against the music" video with madge is.
Yeah!

I still love this video, pretty groundbreaking, LOVE the choreography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

hellospaceboy
08-26-2016, 11:21 PM
I've seen her twice in concert, once in 2001 on the Britney tour (was great!!!) and then I think in 2004 on the Onyx Hotel Tour for In The Zone (was "only" good). I lost interest in her music after that: I loved pop Britney, but I had no interest in club-music Britney...
How's the new album?

kel
08-26-2016, 11:27 PM
1998 was the year i turned 18. that song will forever hold a place in my heart, even if i didn't express it at the time.

it's too good to be a secret anymore. let it out, gurrl.

:o

kel
08-26-2016, 11:28 PM
AWESOME.

"clumsy" will hook you. probs.

allegro
08-26-2016, 11:32 PM
kel then you'll like this one, too! :p It's still one of my favorites!!!! (Again, I LOVE the dancing and choreography, ICONIC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

kel
08-26-2016, 11:33 PM
I've seen her twice in concert, once in 2001 on the Britney tour (was great!!!) and then I think in 2004 on the Onyx Hotel Tour for In The Zone (was "only" good). I lost interest in her music after that: I loved pop Britney, but I had no interest in club-music Britney...
How's the new album?

mad jealous. the onyx tour was so short. i saw the circus tour and was in fucking ecstasy the whole time.

allegro
08-26-2016, 11:38 PM
I really want to see the VEGAS SHOW!!

kel
08-26-2016, 11:41 PM
classic. she didn't hit her stride until in the zone, though. there's some bombs like "lucky" among the bunch, but too much goodness to drown the rest out.

again, blackout and circus are serious, danceable statements.

i'm just waiting for some korn fan to come in here and piss everywhere.

allegro
08-26-2016, 11:42 PM
what happened in the brit thread i started on ets 1.0 years ago. music is supposed to be fun, right?
Wait, we used to have a Britney Spears thread? Heh. Oh well, this can be a better thread.

If anybody gives us any shit, I'LL CUT THEM!!!! :p

hellospaceboy
08-26-2016, 11:49 PM
I moved to the US in 2001 when I was 19 years old, with my sister and my cousin, who were HUGE Britney fans, so we took a road trip from Florida to Kentwood, Louisiana, to see the town Britney grew up in. It was a complete shithole! There is a photo of me standing in front of the local jifi that had a huge banner saying "Home of our Star Britney Spears", I should try to find it... but the place was falling apart and it was really just a trailerpark. Was kinda sad.

hellospaceboy
08-26-2016, 11:51 PM
Also, this Born to Make You Happy remix is my favorite old school Britney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm7baJKN_cw

kel
08-26-2016, 11:52 PM
I moved to the US in 2001 when I was 19 years old, with my sister and my cousin, who were HUGE Britney fans, so we took a road trip from Florida to Kentwood, Louisiana, to see the town Britney grew up in. It was a complete shithole! There is a photo of me standing in front of the local jifi that had a huge banner saying "Home of our Star Britney Spears", I should try to find it... but the place was falling apart and it was really just a trailerpark. Was kinda sad.

that is a fantastic and unique story. thank you for sharing. i know that if i ever make it down there, that sign is on my bucket list.

allegro
08-27-2016, 12:11 AM
that is a fantastic and unique story. thank you for sharing. i know that if i ever make it down there, that sign is on my bucket list.

I think that most Americans already know that Kentwood, LA is a shithole, and that's what makes Britney's rise to fame even better.

That's why most of us weren't surprised when Britney did weird shit like went into gas station bathrooms barefoot.

it also probably had a lot to do with why she had a meltdown, later; too much pressure for a small town girl from a southern background like that; it's too much for MOST people, but especially when it's totally the opposite of your background.

kel
08-27-2016, 12:42 AM
i look back at her 2007 vma performance and it's so heavy and sad. like show parents pushing her out there. she was ill and needed help, but was thrust out as an opening act.

i know she'll kill it on sunday.

bobbie solo
08-27-2016, 03:12 AM
I feel like almost everyone in this thread is trying way too hard.

fight me.

eversonpoe
08-27-2016, 09:36 AM
I feel like almost everyone in this thread is trying way too hard.

fight me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnHjphjVYAAD77E.jpg

allegro
08-27-2016, 10:00 AM
We used to automatically ban trolls.

I miss those days.

Anyway, yeah. Back to Britney Spears.

Is there confirmation that she will perform on Sunday?

kel
08-27-2016, 10:36 AM
yep. they're running promos.

botley
08-27-2016, 10:44 AM
I was working as an event security guard when Britney's Circus tour came through town in 2009. I think this was the first date of that leg of the tour, they were coming back after a month off... there was a lot of lurid tabloid stuff going on around her and I have to admit I was skeptical about her integrity (musical, personal, you name it).

Anyway, the show went well but what impressed me most was how she stayed late afterwards, long after everyone else in the team had gone back to the hotel. We heard she was reviewing a video of that night's performance with a couple of production staff to ensure everything went off without a hitch and incorporating notes to make it better next time. She still gave a shit about what she was doing, months into a world tour so... even if it wasn't for me — I respect that professionalism and work ethic.

And I greatly admire her coming through her mental health problems and bouncing back to continue performing. It cannot have been easy.

Uraki14
08-27-2016, 12:05 PM
I still can't decide if Blackout or Femme Fatale is my favorite. I've been in love with this girl since I was 10 and always followed her even when my taste in music drastically changed. Looking back at her first few VMA performances I am still floored. With that said I am rather disappointed with the new album. The production just sounds so predictable and I don't really find hooks in any of it. Maybe with time I might change my mind, but this is the first time an album of hers hasn't excited me with the sounds.

Definitely looking forward to she show on Sunday, but I do wish she would actually sing some. That's the reason I have never paid to see a show. I can't justify emptying my wallet for a concert where I could just listen to the songs in my car.

allegro
08-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, with all that choreography it's pretty hard to dance that hard and sing at the same time; too aerobic. You're mostly going to see her dance, I guess.

kel
08-27-2016, 05:38 PM
she's a performer, above all else. and her shows are spectacles. she's never been known as an epic singer, but her voice is unmistakable. now, i saw lady gaga a couple years after i saw brit, and she belted the whole two hours and it was spectacular, other worldly even. so i get it.

elevenism
08-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah, i agree kel .
For instance, i'm pretty sure Madonna lip syncs, but goddamn, her shows are something else-spectacle is the appropriate word. It's a kind of performance art, i suppose, and incredible to watch.

It's also the excitement of being there with all of the other people, like a ritual catharsis.

Like i went to see The Prodigy back in 1997 and the dude who makes all the music was at the back of the stage while Maxim Reality and Keithy Flint ran around and behaved like maniacs and tried to get the crowed hyped.
It was obvious to me that Liam Howlett most likely doing little more than pressing play, but it was still insanely exciting and the crowd went wild.

allegro
08-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Yup, exactly.

I am from the Detroit area (I went to Madonna's high school in 12th grade, I thought there would be a SHRINE, but NOOOOOOOO) and wanted to see Madonna for the longest time but could never get TICKETS!! I FINALLY saw her for the Confessions tour and I have NO idea if she really sang or not but all I know is that she was riding guys like horses and there were guys roller skating and she came out of a giant disco ball AND YOU COULD SEE THAT SHOW FROM OUTER SPACE and she fucking DANCED AND DANCED THE ENTIRE TIME and I didn't care it she really sang our not, I GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH!!

I saw her again for the next tour (Hard Candy) and it was good but not as good but it was still MADONNA and I guess it's still like seeing Britney, all "show" and "performance" kinda like when we saw Daft Punk (which you could also see FROM OUTER SPACE but I'm pretty sure they just had some turntables and pressed buttons BUT IT WAS GREAT!!).

Look, a DIVA IS A DIVA, BITCH!! You go to be in the presence of a DIVA. When we saw Diana Ross this summer, Diana sang beautifully but I mostly went to be in the PRESENCE OF MISS ROSS!! :-) (She changed clothes 5 times, even at AN OUTDOOR VENUE [clutches pearls]).

You are right, elevenism, it's also all about being with all the other fans who are also into it, and "performance art," it's a spectacle. Nobody can expect somebody like Madonna or Britney to dance THAT hard and still really sing, I can't even run and talk. I know when we saw Madonna for the first time, we were SHOCKED at how we could literally feel the VIBRATIONS around us, the feeling that we were about to see something we ain't never seen before, that we were in the presence of something big, and even G, who is hard to impress, got goosebumps, it was EXCITING. G commented that it was kinda like being "in church."

And that's how Britney got to Vegas and stays in Vegas: Performance, professionalism, talent, etc.

kel
08-27-2016, 09:16 PM
preach!

i'm mad jealous hearing these live madonna stories. some fucking day, god willing.

on topic, listening to "gasoline" right now. fly affff.

kel
08-27-2016, 11:40 PM
"miming through the heartbreak".

damn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/miming-through-the-heartbreak-the-story-behind-britney-spearss-t/

"i didn't know who to go to. i genuinely did not know what to do with myself, and it made me so sad. i confess, i was so lost."

Ryan
08-28-2016, 12:01 AM
Yeah!

I still love this video, pretty groundbreaking, LOVE the choreography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

This makes me sad to watch because it reminds me when I was young and innocent without any worries.

allegro
08-28-2016, 12:12 AM
"miming through the heartbreak".

damn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/miming-through-the-heartbreak-the-story-behind-britney-spearss-t/

"i didn't know who to go to. i genuinely did not know what to do with myself, and it made me so sad. i confess, i was so lost."

To me, the problem with the 2007 VMA performance wasn't what she weighed or her lack of abs, it was the fact that she spent a lot of the time wandering around the stage seemingly aimless and looking for clues. But the reviews didn't mention that she wasn't herself, at all, her head wasn't even there, she was barely dancing.

thevoid99
08-28-2016, 01:03 AM
To me, the problem with the 2007 VMA performance wasn't what she weighed or her lack of abs, it was the fact that she spent a lot of the time wandering around the stage seemingly aimless and looking for clues. But the reviews didn't mention that she wasn't herself, at all, her head wasn't even there, she was barely dancing.

I remember that. It was sad to watch. I'm not really a fan of her music or anything but watching that was just like... "oh boy". I remember seeing Rhianna and a friend of hers watching and laughing at it. That wasn't nice. It is clear that she was going through a rough time and didn't need to do that. It's good to see she's recovered and looks and feels happy. Plus, I've gotten fond of songs like "Toxic" and "Womanizer"

kel
08-28-2016, 10:04 PM
underwhelming.

and who the eff was that skeezy dude? gross.

stacking that performance against beyonce's phenomenal marathon ... like, no fucking way.

i love you, brit. but c'mon.

allegro
08-28-2016, 10:13 PM
Yeah, well, to be fair: NOBODY can follow Beyonce. That was a shitty slot.

But she did a good job.

Edit: The dude was G-Easy

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/vmas-2016-britney-spears-makes-an-epic-return-with-sexy-performance-w436552

hellospaceboy
11-18-2016, 07:41 PM
I don't want to be rude, but... did she just get a terrible nose job?! WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RRY3OVqtwc&amp;t=73s