PDA

View Full Version : L7

GulDukat
08-10-2016, 07:06 PM
One of the best, most underrated bands from the early 90's/grunge era. Going to see them tomorrow.

Any fans?

Baphomette
08-10-2016, 08:12 PM
One of the best, most underrated bands from the early 90's/grunge era. Going to see them tomorrow.

Any fans?Jennifer's a friend. Give her a kiss from me. :)

thevoid99
08-10-2016, 08:13 PM
I thought they were underrated. I love that song "Andre" as well as their cameo appearance in Serial Mom.

perceptionnexus
08-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Been a fan for many years, love those gals! I wish they'd tour around my area and release some new stuff. They're probably actually in my top 5 of 90s bands from my teen years that I still listen to quite regularly. Their albums still kick ass and sound vital to me.

armogi
08-10-2016, 10:59 PM
saw them a year ago, fun show, you will have a good time, they kept the 90' spirit and don't take themselves too seriously and they rock.
now i wish i could see babes in toyland live someday too...

Sarah K
08-11-2016, 08:58 AM
I had never heard of them before, but my friend took me to one of their shows a few months back.

It was fun!

Shadaloo
08-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Bricks Are Heavy is a very necessary album.

Thank you for the introduction, Natural Born Killers soundtrack, and by that of course I mean Trent.

henryeatscereal
08-11-2016, 09:52 AM
wow, is L7 still around? i thought they disbanded...

I really like them, i thought that "Bricks are Heavy" was an awesome album, "Smell the magic" was also good, never heard "Slap Happy", i hope they release some kind of remaster or box set because their albums are really hard to get.

bobbie solo
08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
they did disband. Reunited 3 or 4 years ago I think. Probably waited too long. Could have capitalized off it better if it had happened a few years earlier imo.

GulDukat
08-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Good show @ Boston. Hot as hell in there!

elevenism
08-13-2016, 11:57 AM
i didn't know L7 was still doing their thing!
i wasn't a huge fan or anything, but i sure got a kick out of that Pretend We're Dead song when i was a kid

innerturmoil
08-13-2016, 12:37 PM
they did disband. Reunited 3 or 4 years ago I think. Probably waited too long. Could have capitalized off it better if it had happened a few years earlier imo.

Got back together last year...
Some footage i shot at the reunion show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dupuj50W2CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekA_B4Uirbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Zdjb6fXFE

allegro
08-13-2016, 12:58 PM
G and I saw them at the Metro back in the late-90s (1997?), but I can't remember much of it at all. Except we still joke that we were standing WAY at the back on the main floor and we were talking and some chick told us to stop talking even though we were back standing next to the door by the entrance to the bar. We looked at each other, like, wtf is this? The CSO?

I do remember them playing "Pretend We're Dead."

Here's them doing "Shitlist" at the Metro in Chicago on August 6th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEEM4ftGweM

GulDukat
06-05-2019, 07:31 PM
New album, Scatter the Rats, is awesome.

Jinsai
06-06-2019, 07:13 PM
we got some good video clips from the LA show if anyone is interested. Great show. I fucking love L7.

caca
06-07-2019, 12:40 AM
I saw them about a month ago, and they were fucking great.

I really like the new album. “Holding Pattern” is their best song since “Andres.”

henryeatscereal
06-01-2021, 02:55 PM
I searched but it seems there isn't a thread about them.

Awesome and forgotten band, just saw the "Pretend We're dead" documentary, it reminded me how much i loved "Bricks are heavy".

Any fans?, i know you lived the 90's, lol...

caca
06-01-2021, 03:14 PM
VERY underrated band.

Bricks Are Heavy is a great album. I also really enjoyed Scatter the Rats.

GulDukat
06-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Saw them a few years ago on Boston, they rule.

sonic_discord
06-01-2021, 04:31 PM
They used to be on the lineup for this year's Riot Fest, but when NIN got added, they disappeared.

versusreality
06-01-2021, 05:18 PM
this is awesome

https://youtu.be/8u_ijuD3Qwg

henryeatscereal
06-03-2021, 05:42 PM
this is awesome

https://youtu.be/8u_ijuD3Qwg
that is actually awesome!

I was also happy to watch them fool around with Nick Cave!

Jinsai
06-03-2021, 05:59 PM
They used to be on the lineup for this year's Riot Fest, but when NIN got added, they disappeared.

I'm not saying you're insinuating something, but I would really not be happy to find out that there's bad blood of any kind. I know Rob Sheridan made a video for L7 recently, and I'd never heard anything bad about them or their feelings towards NIN. This is probably just a coincidence.

sonic_discord
06-03-2021, 09:39 PM
I'm not saying you're insinuating something, but I would really not be happy to find out that there's bad blood of any kind. I know Rob Sheridan made a video for L7 recently, and I'd never heard anything bad about them or their feelings towards NIN. This is probably just a coincidence.

I wasn't suggesting anything like that and have no reason to believe NIN being added to the lineup had anything to do with them dropping out (there were several bands that disappeared between the lineup announcements). It's too bad, though, I definitely would've checked them out. I honestly really only know Shit List because of the Natural Born Killers soundtrack, but that song kicks all kinds of ass.

Jinsai
06-03-2021, 10:29 PM
I wasn't suggesting anything like that and have no reason to believe NIN being added to the lineup had anything to do with them dropping out (there were several bands that disappeared between the lineup announcements). It's too bad, though, I definitely would've checked them out. I honestly really only know Shit List because of the Natural Born Killers soundtrack, but that song kicks all kinds of ass.

I guess it's sort of funny, contextually, for me to mention that the first time I saw L7 live was when they were opening for... Marilyn Manson

henryeatscereal
06-04-2021, 11:19 AM
First and only time i saw them live, i arrived late (thanks to my buddy...) and i missed "Shitlist" -__-

benoïde
06-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Best concert I got to see back in 94!

Verthandi
06-07-2021, 02:31 AM
"Pretend We're Dead" is one of the few songs I can successfully karaoke.