PDA

View Full Version : The Mandela Effect

elevenism
06-10-2016, 07:54 PM
When i was a kid, i read Berenstein Bears books. And recently, it occurred to me that the books are, in fact, called BerenSTAIN bears, and always have been.

Another thing that really gets me is Snow White-the witch says Mirror Mirror on the wall, right?
WHen you go back and watch it, she says MAGIC mirror on the wall.

People are finding scores of these discrepancies, and many of them appear to be horseshit (thinking it was Interview With "A" Vampire, for instance,) but some of them are utterly fucking mind boggling.

People have also told me personal stories about things that they liked that now ostensibly never existed, or well remembered romantic rivalries in which the rival never existed,

Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

And also can somebody tell me what in the fuck is going on?

ldopa
06-10-2016, 11:15 PM
some people say "supposably" and some say "supposedly"

it's inherent subjection for the most part. small (yet poignant) realizations like you mentioned aren't productive. they keep you speculating, which is a waste of thought for the most part. it's regression. you can spend your mind power on much better things. you're a smart dude, fuck this elementary shit. believe me, sometimes ignorance is bliss. and it's not really ignorance per se, it's more like choosing your battles, intellectually speaking.

elevenism
06-11-2016, 12:03 AM
some people say "supposably" and some say "supposedly"

it's inherent subjection for the most part. small (yet poignant) realizations like you mentioned aren't productive. they keep you speculating, which is a waste of thought for the most part. it's regression. you can spend your mind power on much better things. you're a smart dude, fuck this elementary shit. believe me, sometimes ignorance is bliss. and it's not really ignorance per se, it's more like choosing your battles, intellectually speaking.
But when things are literally CHANGING, like physically changing in our time line or dimension or whatever you want to call it, don't you think that is worth discussion?
@ldopa (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5203) do you remember it as
"Mirror Mirror" or "Magic Mirror?"

I have remembered it as mirror mirror my entire life. that shit being different is highly strange.

same thing with berenstein vs berenstain. These things aren't simple little spelling issues, rather, they encompass, in the berenstain thing, literally MILLIONS of books and cartoons. And everyone remembers it as Berenstein. Meanwhile, Jan and Stan BERENSTAIN are wondering what in the fuck is going on,

As am i.

This is fucking high strangeness of the topmost variety, for real.

HIGH MOTHERFUCKING STRANGENESS i tell you, wide out in the open.

thevoid99
06-11-2016, 12:10 AM
I thought I was the only one that went through that shit. That whole Berenstein shit is true. Son of a bitch.

Khrz
06-11-2016, 08:48 AM
I agree with @ldopa (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5203) here.
It's interesting, but we rewrite ourselves constantly, let our memories be rewritten by what we eventually decide to believe.
OR you can decide that you're drifting from one dimension to the other with every passing second, wonder what it's about, question it until you have an answer, and lose your energy making sense of a mirror maze.
It's fun, for a while, but it doesn't give you directions. To me, that's pointless.

Everything might be fake for all I know. But the world I witness around me is the only one I can actually navigate. Really the ground under my feet is the only part that matters, as it's the only part that supports me.

elevenism
06-11-2016, 10:38 AM
I agree with @ldopa (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5203) here.
It's interesting, but we rewrite ourselves constantly, let our memories be rewritten by what we eventually decide to believe.
OR you can decide that you're drifting from one dimension to the other with every passing second, wonder what it's about, question it until you have an answer, and lose your energy making sense of a mirror maze.
It's fun, for a while, but it doesn't give you directions. To me, that's pointless.

Everything might be fake for all I know. But the world I witness around me is the only one I can actually navigate. Really the ground under my feet is the only part that matters, as it's the only part that supports me.
good god that's an interesting perspective

elevenism
06-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Khrz i swear to god you could get people to pay money to read your thoughts and perspectives.
for REAL.

DF118
06-11-2016, 01:45 PM
This is just gaslighting. If everyone mis-quotes something, that reinforces how you remember it. So you're more likely to reinforce it further by mis-quoting it.

Nothing more, nothing less: stop being paranoid.

Khrz
06-11-2016, 02:02 PM
This is just gaslighting. If everyone mis-quotes something, that reinforces how you remember it. So you're more likely to reinforce it further by mis-quoting it.

Nothing more, nothing less: stop being paranoid.

I didn't mean to like that post, but there it is.
elevenism, maybe one day, if I feel like I have something worth saying (note that I didn't say "worth reading" though). I'm not going to make people pay to watch me wank my own mind though, that's for free

elevenism
06-11-2016, 02:45 PM
I didn't mean to like that post, but there it is.
@elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475), maybe one day, if I feel like I have something worth saying (note that I didn't say "worth reading" though). I'm not going to make people pay to watch me wank my own mind though, that's for free
It's just a compliment. You aren't very good at taking them, are you? ;)
@DF118 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=53) , this is far more profound than "misquotations."
Have you looked into this phenomenon at all?
It started when, upon Nelson Mandela's death, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE remembered him dying in prison and were confused.

I don't see how paranoia plays into it in any way. It exists. It interests me.

I swear to fucking god, every single time i start a thread here about something interesting that doesn't fit into everyone's neat little bubble of what's "cool," i receive comments like that and ridicule up to and and including people inferring and implying that i am stupid, which is pretty fucking laughable.

Why not look at strange things that are interesting? MILLIONS remember the Berenstain Bears books as BerenSTEIN. MILLIONS of people.

Is that not an interesting anomaly worthy of discussion?

Khrz
06-11-2016, 03:12 PM
It's the same for every thread man, whenever there's a specific subject there's always someone to barge in and point out that said subject is all bullshit.
Even I have just been guilty of that, although I guess I said it in a less dismissive tone.

GibbonBlack
06-11-2016, 03:19 PM
I love the mandela effect because it shows just how far people will blag themselves rather than admit that they incorrectly remembered something.

It HAS to be a parallel universe, not that my memory is fuzzy at times!

....or do I?

Khrz
06-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Good, enjoy the thread then.

DF118
06-11-2016, 04:18 PM
@DF118 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=53) , this is far more profound than "misquotations."

Have you ever looked into the phenomenon of gaslighting at all? It's when someone convinces you that your memory is at fault. This in turn, causes you to doubt your own sanity, or competence. An abusive person can take advantage of this to abuse someone. When the exact same thing happens on a sociological scale, it becomes a conspiracy theory. That's what this is.

It started when, upon Nelson Mandela's death, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE remembered him dying in prison and were confused.

This morning, I was absolutely convinced I'd left my iPad on my bedside table, when in fact it was hiding in my work bag. Had hundreds of thousands of people agreed with me that I'd left it on my bedside table, I'd also be confused.

Paranoid people don't know they're paranoid.

I swear to fucking god, every single time i start a thread here about something interesting that doesn't fit into everyone's neat little bubble of what's "cool," i receive comments like that and ridicule up to and and including people inferring and implying that i am stupid, which is pretty fucking laughable.

Innit great?

Why not look at strange things that are interesting? MILLIONS remember the Berenstain Bears books as BerenSTEIN. MILLIONS of people.

That's because it's a common misconception. Everyone keeps making the same mistakes. Everyone hears "kiss the sky" and thinks it's "kiss this guy". Same thing.

What you're discussing are just mistakes, lapses in memory. It's otherwise known as "the mind playing tricks on you". Everyone has these every day. If you concede that people behave largely the same way, then everyone is prone to the same mental fuck ups. Then on the macro scale they see correlation. Then they all reinforce these mistakes as causation. Gaslighting.

Edit: btw- I don't think you're stupid, I just think you're bonkers.

Nyx
06-11-2016, 04:52 PM
The phrase "Luke, I am your father" is also never uttered...We do things to quotes to make them more "quotable", things get lost as they get repeated, simplified, made more concise and better sounding. In the age of internet and digital data, we can cross check right away whether a quote is correct or not, but it didn't use to be this way. Our memories are faulty, collective memory as well. We remember what is easier to remember and what makes more sense to us. For example, "-stein" is a much more common suffix than "-stain", making it an very easy mistake to make.
Also, the phrase "mirror mirror" has stayed the same in the fairytale in my language, so am I in a different dimension or does it only affect English speakers? Does it affect only cartoon versions? Films versions? Book versions?

elevenism
06-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Nyx it is the 1937 version of Snow White by Disney.
It's the one we all saw, in which everyone agrees that the witch said Mirror Mirror.
DF118 , i have been chased through a hotel by a ruthless gang of assassins. I called the police, who did a sweep of the hotel and came up with nothing. The assassins managed to hide and commenced hunting me. It was a ritual game of human hunting, and i was the target for 2015. I later saw a 7 foot tall incarnation of Baphomet standing outside my hotel door. By this time i knew i had had a full on psychotic break, so i was regarding it with the utmost curiosity, not fear. It fascinated me that my mind had created this thing.
So yes, i AM crazy. If i don't take my meds, worst case scenario is that people are trying to kill me. And i've learned to flat out not trust human memories.

HOWEVER

Some of these things are happening on such a massive scale that there MUST be something to it.

DF118
06-11-2016, 05:45 PM
@Nyx (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=30) it is the 1937 version of Snow White by Disney.
It's the one we all saw, in which everyone agrees that the witch said Mirror Mirror.
@DF118 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=53) , i have been chased through a hotel by a ruthless gang of assassins. I called the police, who did a sweep of the hotel and came up with nothing. The assassins managed to hide and commenced hunting me. It was a ritual game of human hunting, and i was the target for 2015. I later saw a 7 foot tall incarnation of Baphomet standing outside my hotel door. By this time i knew i had had a full on psychotic break, so i was regarding it with the utmost curiosity, not fear. It fascinated me that my mind had created this thing.
So yes, i AM crazy. If i don't take my meds, worst case scenario is that people are trying to kill me. And i've learned to flat out not trust human memories.

HOWEVER

Some of these things are happening on such a massive scale that there MUST be something to it.

*Slow clap*

elevenism
06-11-2016, 06:00 PM
I am tired of people being so dismissive of actual high strangeness because "science."

Science is as faulty as religion.
The science i learned in school in the nineties is mostly obsolete. We just discovered another fucking planet in the solar system. We don't know shit. The arrogance takes me aback, and it is quite similar to the arrogance of religious zealots.

Isn't it pretty fucking strange that there are 7 billion living, breathing, talking primates dominating this planet who eat, drink, sleep, shit, and fuck? Isn't it strange that these sentient sacks of matter have consciousness, produce art, have deep religious beliefs, hopes and dreams and aspirations, have insanely complex social structures, and have engineered a network with which to communicate with one another that also contains all the information in the world?
Isn't it strange that anything exists at all?

As Dave Chapelle said, the worst thing you can call someone is crazy. It's dismissive.

SO-there is this Ayn-Randian objective box into which all knowledge must neatly fit.
If anyone believes, or even ponders, anything that doesn't fit into this agreed-upon box, they are labeled a "wacky conspiracy theorist" (even when the subject at hand doesn't involve any conspiracy. Look up the word conspiracy. Hundreds of millions of "conspiracies" are committed every day) and dismissed.
This is called "contempt prior to investigation."
Everyone knows everything and speaks from an intellectual high ground on which they have already solved all the mysteries of the universe, and frankly, it maddens me.

elevenism
06-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Seriously, why is everyone so fucking closed minded?
Why is everyone so quick to dismiss ANYTHING that disrupts their ethos?
Why can there be no mystery left in the world?

Where is your fucking sense of wonder, for fuck's sake?

I know for a fact that i'm not the only person on the board who is interested in these things, because of private conversations. I get PMs that are like "hey, you're not the only one." No shit.
The rest of you, however, are scared to be ridiculed by objectivist scientific geniuses that perhaps took a series of courses that you didn't.
I'm not. Call me what you will.

Khrz
06-11-2016, 06:42 PM
And although I'm not on either side on that fence, I find curious that when anyone acts like this in, say, the feminist thread, the marvel thread or the election thread they are considered fucking dicks, while here they find an occasion to shine by stating the obvious. You guys are the Rabbit™ of this thread.
I'm not even comparing the importance or relevance of those threads, just the fact that when one seeks to have a conversation on a certain subject with like-minded people, there's always a smartass to come and stroke his fedora.
I don't give a damn if someone believes in parallel dimensions, God, astrology, capitalism, guns rights, feminism... If they want to discuss any subject they don't need an armchair contrarian to help them find the light. They just want to enjoy a nice convo in a place they find cool enough.
I don't go piss on the sports thread just because I find it boring, I don't come in the elections thread saying how tired I am of the fucking US freakshow, and I don't go in the astrology thread saying Orion has nothing to do with the shit going on in my life.
Neither should you.

thelastdisciple
06-11-2016, 07:42 PM
There are so many complexities of the universe, so much that we will probably never understand in our lifetime and yet people get all Han Solo about everything.. "simple tricks and nonsense".

Shit like this regardless of whether or not it's happening, it's still wholly fascinating to me. For the same reasons that i wonder about aliens, we'd have to be pretty fucking egotistical and ignorant to think we're the only intelligent and sentient lifeforms.

Without solid proof to the contrary... the gate is wide open for wonder and speculation IMO

Besides where's the fun in being shallow?... sheesh.
elevenism Those fucking snacks i told you about on FB and their odd lack of existence will never cease to boggle my mind, someone HAS to have a bag of them that they've kept somewhere right? christ... out of all people in this world you'd think someone would take a picture and throw it up on one of those retro snack databases or something.

GibbonBlack
06-11-2016, 07:48 PM
People shouldn't use the fact that science doesn't have all the answers to believe in fairies.

Khrz
06-11-2016, 07:57 PM
People shouldn't use the fact that science doesn't have all the answers to believe in fairies.

Well I'm pretty sure elevenism isn't going to suicide-bomb an orphanage in the name of Alternate Earth #289904, so in the context of that thread I don't think it matters one way or the other.

elevenism
06-11-2016, 08:18 PM
THANK you @thelastdisciple (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=199) for the support and ACTUALLY DISCUSSING THE TOPIC and thanks @Khrz (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2023) for going all batman and getting my back, even if you think i'm nuts too.
thelastdisciple YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO THINK OR TALK ABOUT ALIENS, because science, you wacky conspiracy theorist! How could we possibly not be alone in a universe with 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in it? Because see, physics.

And pay no attention to the Drake Equation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation) because some people argue that that uses speculation! Under no circumstances are you allowed to SPECULATE about things.

RocketScience
06-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Chemtrailz.

GibbonBlack
06-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Well I'm pretty sure @elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) isn't going to suicide-bomb an orphanage in the name of Alternate Earth #289904.

Well, yeah of course not! #289904 are dicks. #289905 through to #385125 are the ones worth killing for.

elevenism
06-11-2016, 08:36 PM
@RocketScience (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=486) has a degree in theoretical physics, for fuck's sake.
And we discuss these types of things constantly.
So knowing a lot (or ACTING like you know a lot) about science doesn't mean you have to close your mind.

DF118
06-12-2016, 01:55 PM
And although I'm not on either side on that fence, I find curious that when anyone acts like this in, say, the feminist thread, the marvel thread or the election thread they are considered fucking dicks, while here they find an occasion to shine by stating the obvious. You guys are the Rabbit™ of this thread.
I'm not even comparing the importance or relevance of those threads, just the fact that when one seeks to have a conversation on a certain subject with like-minded people, there's always a smartass to come and stroke his fedora.
I don't give a damn if someone believes in parallel dimensions, God, astrology, capitalism, guns rights, feminism... If they want to discuss any subject they don't need an armchair contrarian to help them find the light. They just want to enjoy a nice convo in a place they find cool enough.
I don't go piss on the sports thread just because I find it boring, I don't come in the elections thread saying how tired I am of the fucking US freakshow, and I don't go in the astrology thread saying Orion has nothing to do with the shit going on in my life.
Neither should you.

Bullshit.

elevinism asked:

Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

And also can somebody tell me what in the fuck is going on?

I explained it to him. Just because I had a rational explanation which doesn't involve alternative realities and aliens, this doesn't mean I was "stoking his fedora". It's not my fault that he loses his shit every 5 posts.

Harry Seaward
06-12-2016, 03:00 PM
It's the Berenstein Bears and only the Berenstein Bears.

ldopa
06-13-2016, 02:10 AM
when i looked up 'the mandela effect' on wiki i was quietly re-directed to 'confabulation'
*head explodes but not really*

doesn't that sorta bring this thread full circle?

i'm not trying to rag on the people who take this seriously, but i simply don't. particularly! i know i believe in astrology to a degree (it doesn't consume me,) so i'm really living in a glass house. such is life. i barely take astrology seriously though. actually that's a lie, it's my fleeting daydream.

nothing productive has come from my post. let's call the whole thing off.

elevenism
06-15-2016, 07:13 AM
Bullshit.

elevinism asked:

"do you guys have any thoughts on this

And also can somebody tell me what in the fuck is going on

I explained it to him. Just because I had a rational explanation which doesn't involve alternative realities and aliens, this doesn't mean I was "stoking his fedora". It's not my fault that he loses his shit every 5 posts.

Dude. You came at me rude and called me bonkers. For the record, even though i didn't appreciate the implied intellectual high ground from which you approached me, i listened to what you were saying and LIKED the fucking post.
As far as the "can somebody tell me what in the fuck is going on" bit, i guess i should have made clear that i didn't mean that literally.
I just get a kick out of saying that particular phrase.

You immediately resorted to name calling.
And now you are saying that i "lose my shit every five posts."
I don't think i've ever been rude to you in any way, and i KNOW i haven't called you any names.
I don't understand the disrespect.

allegro
06-15-2016, 10:23 PM
When i was a kid, i read Berenstein Bears books. And recently, it occurred to me that the books are, in fact, called BerenSTAIN bears, and always have been.

Another thing that really gets me is Snow White-the witch says Mirror Mirror on the wall, right?
WHen you go back and watch it, she says MAGIC mirror on the wall.
Ah but in the original Grimm translated from German it is "mirror, mirror. (http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm053.html)" :-)

(I didn't have those Bears; I had the Brothers Grimm and A.A. Milne. But maybe kids wanted those Bears to be Jewish, LOL. I mean, really, who the fuck is named BerenSTAIN except those two? Who wrote kids books about bears.)

One of my faves, though, is "Play it, Sam." (Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam.")

Oh, also:

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." (NOT: "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.")

I don't know why people are so uptight about stuff like this, I think it's great fun. And quite simple, really.

Like people being convinced, for years, that Abe Vigoda was dead. Except he wasn't. And each time he "died," the world had to again be convinced he wasn't dead. And then he finally really did die. And nobody was sure if he was really dead (http://www.abevigoda.com/). Lol.

And Walt Disney wasn't frozen cryogenically, either; he was cremated. That actually bummed me out because the cryogenics story was so cool. No pun intended.*

*That reminds me of that "Disney on Ice!!" skit, I think it was SCTV, where Walt Disney's coffin was out on the ice rink sliding around to various Disney theme music with spotlights on it ...

implanted_microchip
06-16-2016, 12:48 AM
Just for fun I feel it's worth mentioning people such as Elon Musk have said that there's a high chance we're in a computer simulation rather than a tangible physical reality, so this is just the Matrix and they changed something. Look out for passing cats and bricked over windows, everybody

Lew
06-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Just for fun I feel it's worth mentioning people such as Elon Musk have said that there's a high chance we're in a computer simulation rather than a tangible physical reality, so this is just the Matrix and they changed something. Look out for passing cats and bricked over windows, everybody

ha! i, and a few friends, have had moments of "damn, the matrix just glitched."

Lew
06-16-2016, 06:24 PM

this is actually how i manage to stay "sane".
thanks for summing it up, Khrz.

however, i still keep looking for the side door...the off switch...the dimensional hub... ;p

and i love that elevenism examines this stuff, and shares it. please don't ever stop sharing your open mind, and your perspective.

elevenism
06-17-2016, 05:25 AM
Ah but in the original Grimm translated from German it is "mirror, mirror. (http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm053.html)" :-)

(I didn't have those Bears; I had the Brothers Grimm and A.A. Milne. But maybe kids wanted those Bears to be Jewish, LOL. I mean, really, who the fuck is named BerenSTAIN except those two? Who wrote kids books about bears.)

One of my faves, though, is "Play it, Sam." (Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam.")

Oh, also:

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." (NOT: "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.")

I don't know why people are so uptight about stuff like this, I think it's great fun. And quite simple, really.

Like people being convinced, for years, that Abe Vigoda was dead. Except he wasn't. And each time he "died," the world had to again be convinced he wasn't dead. And then he finally really did die. And nobody was sure if he was really dead (http://www.abevigoda.com/). Lol.

And Walt Disney wasn't frozen cryogenically, either; he was cremated. That actually bummed me out because the cryogenics story was so cool. No pun intended.*

*That reminds me of that "Disney on Ice!!" skit, I think it was SCTV, where Walt Disney's coffin was out on the ice rink sliding around to various Disney theme music with spotlights on it ...
there are fucking SCORES of them.
99 percent of them are obviously just false memories, but there ARE a few head scratchers for me.
Also, i'm absolutely convinced that all of the "ghosts" i see are shadows of people from a near dimension.
But then again, good old eleveno IS crazy...

But if Michio Kaku tells me that there are probably dinosaurs in our living rooms and we just aren't tuned into the right "frequency" to see them...

I will say that there is one more that i DAMN sure don't remember-the Volvo logo being like surrounded by a male gender symbol.

theimage13
06-17-2016, 06:17 AM
I will say that there is one more that i DAMN sure don't remember-the Volvo logo being like surrounded by a male gender symbol.

I feel like this in particular is more in line with the Joshua Tree Epiphany (http://http://staffpage.spartaschools.org/staff/todd.toporski/dtp/The%20Joshua%20Tree%20Epiphany.pdf).

allegro
06-17-2016, 12:39 PM
will say that there is one more that i DAMN sure don't remember-the Volvo logo being like surrounded by a male gender symbol.
I love logos because I was in advertising, and I only recently figured out that the Acura logo is just a kind of bent version of the Honda logo, heh. That's brilliant.

http://www.raylaks.com/images/Honda_Logo_Large_Blank.gif
http://logok.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Acura-logo-880x660.png

allegro
06-17-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't think this stuff is officially a part of the "Mandela Affect" (logos and all that) but I used to kinda be fascinated with subliminal advertising (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/high_concept/1997/10/sex_in_the_ice_cubes.html), like "SEX" in the ice cubes in this ad:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7LqxwdqBP68/UVjXfBD7XNI/AAAAAAAACVI/StKIV6H3qjY/s1600/GILBEY'S+AD+(USE+THIS+ONE).png

elevenism
06-18-2016, 05:52 AM
oh hell yeah allegro . i love that type of thing too.

elevenism
06-18-2016, 05:54 AM
I feel like this in particular is more in line with the Joshua Tree Epiphany (http://http://staffpage.spartaschools.org/staff/todd.toporski/dtp/The%20Joshua%20Tree%20Epiphany.pdf).
what is that theimage13 ? the link is broken

marodi
06-18-2016, 02:38 PM
Stephen Hawking believes that black holes could be a portal to parallel universes. If he says so, it may be possible; I'm not going to argue with him.

As for the Mandela Effect: I've never experience any of the "signs" of it except for the movie misquotes. However, I've always been intrigued by something: I often dreams I'm watching a movie (or even a whole series) that doesn't exist in real life. I've even "watched" the same "movie" several times. And it's not just glimpses too: it's like in real life; sitting in a theater (or the tv) and watching the whole thing from beginning to the end. Usually, right after I wake up, I can even remember the score of those "movies".

It's either me having a really vivid imagination or I'm watching stuff from another dimension. Who knows?

Wolfkiller
06-18-2016, 04:11 PM
We already have a Drugs thread here.

Wolfkiller
06-18-2016, 06:56 PM
I love logos because I was in advertising, and I only recently figured out that the Acura logo is just a kind of bent version of the Honda logo, heh. That's brilliant.

http://www.raylaks.com/images/Honda_Logo_Large_Blank.gif
http://logok.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Acura-logo-880x660.png

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/32963_Hyundai_Logo.jpg

allegro
06-19-2016, 02:38 PM
http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/32963_Hyundai_Logo.jpg
Nah, that's completely different. Hyundai had to do an "H" but an "H" that was totally different than Honda's. And they succeeded. It's also a silhouette of two guys shaking hands (http://thenewswheel.com/behind-badge-secret-meaning-of-the-hyundai-logo/).

http://www.automotivated.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Hyundai-Logo-Meaning.jpg

Honda's and Acura's look something like an emblem on a uniform on the Starship Enterprise. Hyundai's doesn't.

The Acura logo is actually designed to look like a pair of calipers inside an oval (http://thenewswheel.com/behind-the-badge-analyzing-honda-acura-logos/#Acura-Logo).

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Pair-of-calipers-via-CC-Flickr-263x400.jpg
http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/History-of-the-Acura-logo-via-flickr-CC-630x331.jpg

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Old-Honda-Logo-400x285.jpg
"We do know that Honda wanted its logo to reflect trustworthiness, reliability, and durability—and the wide/thick lettering reflects that (http://thenewswheel.com/behind-the-badge-analyzing-honda-acura-logos/). The “H” is broader at the top and narrower at the bottom, as if its arms are raised toward the sky—a fitting stance considering the company’s belief in reaching for one’s dreams (the official motto being “The Power of Dreams”)."

botley
06-19-2016, 04:15 PM
I am tired of people being so dismissive of actual high strangeness because "science."
I don't dismiss the so-called Mandela Effect (actually a better description would be 'sticky memories', because they get stuck in the brain's 'truthiness detector' despite overwhelming evidence that they're wrong); however, I disbelieve that this phenomenon constitutes evidence of parallel realities. The human memory system is incredibly fallible, particularly when the brain is presented with confusing information (how could Berenstain even be a real surname, when the one I remember is clearly more plausible? how could a political prisoner become the democratically elected president of his nation after spending DECADES in jail? how could the thing I SWEAR TO GOD I HEARD ONE WAY actually turn out to be a different way — after hearing an almost infinite number of other things in the intervening years). But there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio. Seeing is believing (or rather, observation is evidence), but memory cannot be trusted. Institutional safeguards at all levels of society exist to prevent this fact from fucking up the everyday operations of our lives. If you relied on your memory, quite quickly you'd be fucked over by its failings. This has been demonstrated ad nauseum.

Science is as faulty as religion.
The science i learned in school in the nineties is mostly obsolete. We just discovered another fucking planet in the solar system. We don't know shit. The arrogance takes me aback, and it is quite similar to the arrogance of religious zealots.
True, we as individuals don't have a reliable view of reality (see above), but the good news is that science actually takes this into account and can revise its conclusions to better reflect improved data that conflicts with older explanatory models. That very same conflicting data, when shown to contradict your personalized theory of how things happened in your memory, in my view, causes the strangeness of sticky memories. Pluto was totally a planet and now it's not considered to be one anymore, but these fucking scientists are saying there's ANOTHER planet out even further?? What the fuck, scientists??!? (From what I've heard, the 'new' planet has not yet been observed, it's only theoretical at this point.) This is potentially upsetting, to be sure, but it's not evidence that science is broken — this is actually evidence that it's doing its job.

SO-there is this Ayn-Randian objective box into which all knowledge must neatly fit.
If anyone believes, or even ponders, anything that doesn't fit into this agreed-upon box, they are labeled a "wacky conspiracy theorist" (even when the subject at hand doesn't involve any conspiracy. Look up the word conspiracy. Hundreds of millions of "conspiracies" are committed every day) and dismissed.
This is called "contempt prior to investigation."
Everyone knows everything and speaks from an intellectual high ground on which they have already solved all the mysteries of the universe, and frankly, it maddens me.
I'm not speaking about anything that's unavailable to anyone with the ability and will to investigate. You can come to whatever conclusion about the mysteries you want. I'd like to judge people only by the quality of their ideas, and sometimes more particularly their ability to make them useful. Parallel realities on those counts doesn't cut the mustard for me, no matter who's saying it.

allegro
06-19-2016, 05:31 PM
The human memory system is incredibly fallible
And amazing that if even WORKS, especially if you take some neurology classes; you walk away going, "holy shit, that's incredible!"

Memory is also highly subject to the power of suggestion, e.g. the Mandela Affect.

Or why sometimes what we think we remember is what we dreamed. Some of our memories are not real (http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/11/how-many-of-your-memories-are-fake/281558/).

elevenism
06-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Parallel realities on those counts doesn't cut the mustard for me, no matter who's saying it.

I am a big Michio Kaku fan.

Also, @botley (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=469) , as far as the paranormal stuff goes, most of it for me is for fun.
SOME of it crosses the line, but usually it's more of a "what if."

edit: Furthermore, i don't believe that i have said anything in this thread regarding parallel realities.
I said high strangeness. ;)
allegro , at least half of my favorite memories aren't real.

theimage13
06-22-2016, 06:24 AM
what is that @theimage13 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=809) ? the link is broken

Once upon a time, Robin received a tree identifying book whereyou could match a tree up with its name by looking at its picture.Robin decided to go out and identify the trees in theneighborhood. Before she went out, she read through part of thebook. The first tree in the book was the Joshua tree because itonly took two clues to identify it.

Now the Joshua tree is a really weird-looking tree and she lookedat that picture and said to herself, "Oh, we don’t have that kind oftree in Northern California. That is a weird-looking tree. I wouldknow if I saw that tree, and I’ve never seen one before."So she took the book and went outside.

Her parents lived in acul-de-sac of six homes. Four of those homes had Joshua trees inthe front yard. She had lived in that house for thirteen years, andshe had never seen a Joshua tree.She took a walk around the block - at least 80 percent of thehomes had Joshua trees in the front yards. And she had swornshe had never seen one before!

The moral of the story? Once Robin was conscious of the tree,once she could name it, she saw could see it everywhere. Whichis exactly my point. Once you can name something, you’reconscious of it. You have power over it. You own it. You’re incontrol.

elevenism
06-22-2016, 09:09 AM
i like how this thread can and is evolving into discussion of the bizarre nature of natural consciousness.

thanks theimage13

elevenism
06-27-2016, 01:56 PM
so since i got interested in the mandela effect, my youtube feed has been full of it.

And 99.9999% of these videos are things like people saying that they KNOW for CERTAIN that Anne Rice's Interview With The Vampire was Interview With A vampire...shit like that interspersed with sheer fucking lunacy.

So i now understand how the mere mention of this phenomenon elicited a groan.

elevenism
06-27-2016, 03:00 PM
THAT BEING SAID, since we started talking about the bizarre nature of human consciousness in general, check THIS shit out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCn8zs912OE

This amazes me. I'm sure a lot of you english majors have known about this for a hot minute but it's new to me

elevenism
07-23-2016, 10:09 AM
I don't think this stuff is officially a part of the "Mandela Affect" (logos and all that) but I used to kinda be fascinated with subliminal advertising (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/high_concept/1997/10/sex_in_the_ice_cubes.html), like "SEX" in the ice cubes in this ad:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7LqxwdqBP68/UVjXfBD7XNI/AAAAAAAACVI/StKIV6H3qjY/s1600/GILBEY'S+AD+(USE+THIS+ONE).png
whoa, holy shit. it works.
i just pulled up this page again and i swear to god i saw "dirty" instead of "dry" BEFORE i consciously saw sex in the ice cubes.
I don't think it's a coincidence. i think my judeo christian subconscious saw sex and thought dirty :P

elevenism
02-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Okay.
Are any of you mandela affected?
This thing is happening.
I'm not saying it's evidence of ANYTHING in particular, but the phenomenon IS happening.

here is a VERY small handful of examples (https://www.wonderslist.com/top-10-mandela-effect/)

Whether it is mass confabulation or evidence of something stranger, it is fascinating.

Sutekh
02-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Visualise the Boris Karloff portrayal of Frankenstein' s monster... walking with arms outstretched? Never actually did that.

Lon Chaney' s portrayal did, for part of one obscure later sequel. For some reason it has taken root as a popular image and people swear blind that's how he acts in Frankenstein and bride of Frankenstein

theimage13
02-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Okay.
Are any of you mandela affected?
This thing is happening.
I'm not saying it's evidence of ANYTHING in particular, but the phenomenon IS happening.

here is a VERY small handful of examples (https://www.wonderslist.com/top-10-mandela-effect/)

Whether it is mass confabulation or evidence of something stranger, it is fascinating.

I think a HUGE number of these are simply the effect of people trying to remember things from an entirely different developmental period - childhood vs adulthood. Things like Froot Loops, Looney Tunes, etc - it's all stuff that you never really paid that close attention to as a freaking five year old, so you're only freaked out about it when you suddenly realize that something was spelled different. Although for some reason, I do specifically remember Looney Tunes.

Sex and the City? It's because people don't enunciate when they speak and the title "Sex IN the City" still makes sense, so it just doesn't get questioned. No one pays close attention to seeing the title in print; they just see the overall title (or a picture of the foursome) and know what they're watching. They don't pay attention to each individual word.

Berenstain Bears? I don't know a single middle-aged person who is adamant that it was Berenstein. I, as someone who was on the receiving end of a number of readings of those books, don't strongly recall it being -ein the way that other people seem to be. This feels more like hysteria to me (an idea has been planted, and now other people SWEAR they feel / remember something the same way).

I'm all for mindfucks and things that make me go "wait.........what? Crazy!" But this just doesn't feel that way to me.

Sutekh
02-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Never heard anyone call it sex in the city tbh

Another classic is "beam me up Scotty" - never actually said

I think you're onto something the idea of the childish brain playing a part. I'm a big fan of classic era doctor who, and when people over thirty find this out they often describe fictional, exaggerated or incorrect episodes and sequences they swear they saw as a child. It's so common that I basically expect it

elevenism
02-17-2017, 12:57 AM
I think a HUGE number of these are simply the effect of people trying to remember things from an entirely different developmental period - childhood vs adulthood. Things like Froot Loops, Looney Tunes, etc - it's all stuff that you never really paid that close attention to as a freaking five year old, so you're only freaked out about it when you suddenly realize that something was spelled different. Although for some reason, I do specifically remember Looney Tunes.)

Sex and the City? It's because people don't enunciate when they speak and the title "Sex IN the City" still makes sense, so it just doesn't get questioned. No one pays close attention to seeing the title in print; they just see the overall title (or a picture of the foursome) and know what they're watching. They don't pay attention to each individual word.

Berenstain Bears? I don't know a single middle-aged person who is adamant that it was Berenstein. I, as someone who was on the receiving end of a number of readings of those books, don't strongly recall it being -ein the way that other people seem to be. This feels more like hysteria to me (an idea has been planted, and now other people SWEAR they feel / remember something the same way).

I'm all for mindfucks and things that make me go "wait.........what? Crazy!" But this just doesn't feel that way to me.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. As i stated above in this thread, 99% of these are nonsense for me. Some of it is even frustratingly goofy, like Sex In/And the City, and Interview With A/The Vampire (i've been correcting people about that one for around 25 years. And i, too, remember Looney Tunes.
HOWEVER...
If you look at a LOT of the examples, you may just find one that fucks your head up.
For me and my mother (who is nobody's fool and pulled a 4.0 in nursing school,) it was Berenstein/Berenstain Bears first off. My mother went out of her way to explain to me that it was a Jewish name and showed me how to sound it out and taught me the possible pronunciations, steen and styne.
Another one that blows my mind is "mirror mirror on the wall." It never said that; it said "Magic Mirror." Now this isn't the result of me remembering all the pop culture references that misquoted it. I OWNED that motherfucking movie. And if you are of a certain age, you probably know what that means-i watched it over and over and over again, as we did with the few VCR tapes we actually owned in the 80s and 90s. Also, i watched it with my niece a few years ago.
One that has my mom tripped out is Ed McMahon never worked for Publisher's Clearinghouse.
While he did work as a spokesperson for a DIFFERENT publishing company, he never went to people's houses carrying a giant check.
As you mentioned some examples, maybe you have already seen them all and aren't affected.
A lot of us are though, and i'm not crazy or stupid. Some of my friends who went to the same gifted and talented schools i attended and now hold master's degrees and shit are also affected by this strange phenomenon.

And it's a field day for me, because i LOOOOOOVE weird shit :P

theimage13
02-17-2017, 12:43 PM
What's that now?

It was ineffective advertising on one company's part that led to a misconception that simply spread like wildfire.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/11/21/the-curious-case-of-ed-mcmahon-and-the-publishers-clearing-house/#2c6124a95fd9

elevenism
02-17-2017, 02:38 PM
It was ineffective advertising on one company's part that led to a misconception that simply spread like wildfire.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/11/21/the-curious-case-of-ed-mcmahon-and-the-publishers-clearing-house/#2c6124a95fd9
yeah i read that article.
i didn't know shit about ed mcmahon. that one wasn't mine.

Jinsai
02-17-2017, 02:48 PM

A friend of mine was an advertising major... kind of blew my mind when he showed me all the crazy subliminal stuff that's hidden, primarily in ice cubes in ads. Mostly it's just dicks... and once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Regarding the Mandela Effect... I think it's amusing, but I don't honestly buy it on any level. Sure, we're living in insane times, and The Berenstein Bears are spelled wrong, and Trump is fucking president of the United States, but all of this madness is just that, madness.

Except the Berenstein Bears thing... that is so fucking weird to me.

elevenism
02-17-2017, 03:33 PM
A friend of mine was an advertising major... kind of blew my mind when he showed me all the crazy subliminal stuff that's hidden, primarily in ice cubes in ads. Mostly it's just dicks... and once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Regarding the Mandela Effect... I think it's amusing, but I don't honestly buy it on any level. Sure, we're living in insane times, and The Berenstein Bears are spelled wrong, and Trump is fucking president of the United States, but all of this madness is just that, madness.

Except the Berenstein Bears thing... that is so fucking weird to me.
Now i must see these hidden ice cube dicks.

Rubeninphoenix
02-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Now i must see these hidden ice cube dicks.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/poster.asp Here you go!

Jinsai
02-17-2017, 06:30 PM
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/poster.asp Here you go!

That is crazy... usually it's just that they have the ice cubes positioned in a way where it looks like a dickhead and part of the shaft... sometimes it's questionable, sometimes it's pretty blatant.

marodi
02-17-2017, 08:03 PM
It's the Looney Toons. As in "Looney Cartoons" which means Crazy, silly cartoons. Nobody will convince me that it's the Looney Tunes.

It's the goddamn Looney Toons, goddamn it. I'm not listening to your denials.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/29/article-0-15BDCCD0000005DC-826_306x377.jpg

Jinsai
02-17-2017, 08:07 PM
It's the Looney Toons. As in "Looney Cartoons" which means Crazy, silly cartoons. Nobody will convince me that it's the Looney Tunes.

Wait... it's not Looney Toons?!?!?!?! WTF?! And when did C-3PO's leg turn silver?! I was just joking around with someone earlier, and they said that the line from Field of Dreams is actually "if you build it, HE will come..." No fucking way...

Also, Forrest Gump did NOT say "Life WAS like a box of chocolates." Does anyone remember the line going that way?

marodi
02-17-2017, 08:10 PM
and when did c-3po's leg turn silver?!

Fake news!!!

edit: and the line from FoD is indeed HE will come and it's referring to either Kevin Costner's dad or to Shoeless Joe. Depends who you ask.

Jinsai
02-17-2017, 08:15 PM
Fake news!!!

edit: and the line from FoD is indeed HE will come and it's referring to either Kevin Costner's dad or to Shoeless Joe. Depends who you ask.

It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remembered it as "if you build it, THEY will come." Is that later, when the other team members show up? It's been a while

GibbonBlack
02-17-2017, 08:28 PM

Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies :)

marodi
02-17-2017, 08:30 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remembered it as "if you build it, THEY will come." Is that later, when the other team members show up? It's been a while

It's been a while too so I had to check to be sure but here goes:

Kevin Costner's character first hear "If you build it, he will come" and has a vision of a baseball field. He's learned about baseball from his dad, who is dead. His dad was a die hard fan and his favorite player was Shoeless Joe Jackson, who was banned from the MLB along with 7 other players because of the Black Sox Scandal. So Kevin Costner builds the baseball diamond and one night, Shoeless Joe shows up to play.

There's a road trip after that and to make a long story short: at the end of the movie, after all the other Black Sox players have shown up, it is revealed that one of the player is Costner's dad, once again a young man. So the "he will come" becomes about the dad.

I think that people remember it as "they will come" because of all the dead baseball players who show up or it's about all the folks who end up coming to watch them play, saving the lead character's farm in the process (he was about to lose it to the bank).

I'm a huge baseball fan and I love this movie. It's one of the greatest baseball movies ever made, up there with Eight Men Out, who is about... the Black Sox Scandal.

Hope it helps!

Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies :)

NO. You're wrong and I'm right, darn it! :P

Rubeninphoenix
02-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies :) Wait, isn't "Merrie Melodies"? I swear it was like that in the movies I watched as a kid.

GibbonBlack
02-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Wait, isn't "Merrie Melodies"? I swear it was like that in the movies I watched as a kid.

Oh my god....:eek:

Jinsai
02-17-2017, 11:10 PM
I think that people remember it as "they will come" because of all the dead baseball players who show up or it's about all the folks who end up coming to watch them play, saving the lead character's farm in the process (he was about to lose it to the bank).

Or... did we all slip through a quantum wormhole to wind up in a reality where Berenstein Bears are spelled wrong, "He will come," and Trump is President of the USA?

Deep thoughts, by Jack Handey...

allegro
02-18-2017, 08:56 AM

It's the goddamn Looney Toons, goddamn it. I'm not listening to your denials

From Wiki:

"Drawing inspiration for its name from Walt Disney's then-concurrent musical series Silly Symphonies, Looney Tunes initially showcased Warner-owned musical compositions through the adventures of cartoon characters such as Bosko and Buddy."

But there WAS "Tiny Toon."

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/17/Tinytoons.jpg

theimage13
02-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Also, Forrest Gump did NOT say "Life WAS like a box of chocolates." Does anyone remember the line going that way?

I've literally never heard anyone say "was" in that sentence. I can understand why people would think so, since the lead-up to that line is about the past.

Jinsai
02-18-2017, 12:00 PM
I've literally never heard anyone say "was" in that sentence. I can understand why people would think so, since the lead-up to that line is about the past.

Just... apparently he does say "was" now... cue the Twilight Zone music...

GibbonBlack
02-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Every single time someone brings up one of these stupid things I think "oh fuck you, it's not 'life WAS like..', it's always been 'life IS like' and you're a stupid prick for thinking that"

Then I look into it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJh59vZ8ccc

Apparently I have terrible hearing :'(

elevenism
02-18-2017, 02:19 PM
I'm so glad you guys are talking about these. I just flat out LOVE weird shit.

It makes sense to me that the Forest Gump line was misquoted because who is going to repeat "life WAS like a box of chocolates?"
I think that's how that happened.

Fun fact on that one: there is a version from test shootings or something where he DOES say "life is like a box of chocolates."
People who are convinced that something has really changed call are calling this sort of thing "residual evidence."

One my mom and i noticed yesterday was Liquid Plumber. It says Liquid Plumr and i looked it up and they didn't change it along the way or anything, it's always been Plumr. Most of these brand name ones i'm not sure about, but DAMN "Plumr" looks wrong! :P

elevenism
02-18-2017, 02:30 PM
I think we should just have fun with this stuff.

I don't think talking about it has to mean that you believe that a time traveler is changing things or we are living in a simulation or alternate realities are merging. You can notice these weird things without having to have a crazy explanation for WHY you remember it differently.

Of course, the reason it's happening is OBVIOUSLY because David Bowie was holding the fabric of reality together, i mean, i'm sure most of us can agree on THAT.

theimage13
02-18-2017, 02:53 PM
I had to listen to that six times with headphones before I heard the word "was". I just chalk that one up to bad hearing.

allegro
02-18-2017, 03:17 PM
I don't get the people who thought it's Oscar MEyer.

The jingle commercial clearly said "my bolony has a second name, it's M A Y E R."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO7RkzuJLoI

GibbonBlack
02-18-2017, 03:35 PM
I think we should just have fun with this stuff.

I don't think talking about it has to mean that you believe that a time traveler is changing things or we are living in a simulation or alternate realities are merging. You can notice these weird things without having to have a crazy explanation for WHY you remember it differently.

Of course, the reason it's happening is OBVIOUSLY because David Bowie was holding the fabric of reality together, i mean, i'm sure most of us can agree on THAT.

I completely agree. It's just fun nonsense. But I don't get your Bowie line...He's still alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayHEPA7_Vc

[parasite]
02-19-2017, 05:41 AM
i like it that lots of people think Darth Vader says "Luke, I am your father"
but he doesn't, he says
"No, I am your father"

(quite sure this has not been posted yet!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

elevenism
02-19-2017, 04:36 PM
Wow. I absolutely remember Ed McMahon shilling for Publisher's Clearing House. I can hear him saying the words in my head. I remember the sequences with the giant checks. Damn. I confess to also being under the Berenstein delusion, too. And while I don't think I'm sliding through dimensions, I nevertheless do find it fascinating that so many people have reprogrammed their memories of things that are so completely inconsequential in the exact same way.
this is what seems to happen to a lot of people: they will find one or two that REALLY get them.

Here is a big one that a lot of people have been talking about: a movie from the nineties about a genie starring comedian Sinbad. The movie was supposedly called Shazam.
But such a movie never existed.
I'm not affected by this one, but enough people are that Sinbad himself took to Twitter to talk about it.

kel
02-19-2017, 05:58 PM
Here is a big one that a lot of people have been talking about: a movie from the nineties about a genie starring comedian Sinbad. The movie was supposedly called Shazam.
But such a movie never existed.
I'm not affected by this one, but enough people are that Sinbad himself took to Twitter to talk about it.
oh.
my.
god.

why is my false memory of this so vivid?!

Louie_Cypher
02-19-2017, 07:58 PM
oh.
my.
god.

ewhy is my false memory of this so vivid?!therewas a movie called shazam only it was shaquille o'neal and he hopes you think it was Sinbad too
-louie

theimage13
02-20-2017, 05:43 AM
therewas a movie called shazam only it was shaquille o'neal and he hopes you think it was Sinbad too
-louie

https://resizing.flixster.com/qKktXHO_PgMKq4t9LA98dhLy8jg=/206x305/v1.bTsxMTI5MDYyOTtqOzE3MjMwOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

Louie_Cypher
02-20-2017, 09:12 AM
an author mathematician friend of mine got stoned and were talking about this, we do this often, he's a lot smarter than me, his idea/ theory is it would start very small with one to or two letter word and things like tense, as time passed and awareness grew the phenomena would become more pronounced, to include skin color and geography, his next idea was to use it in a copy-copyright right dispute case, which I found entertaining.
-louie

elevenism
02-20-2017, 05:28 PM
oh.
my.
god.

why is my false memory of this so vivid?! a lot of people seem to be tripped out by this. Here's another one: Sally Field said "You like me, right now, you like me" and not "you like me! You really like me!" when receiving her oscar. Now I didn't see the speech as I was 4 or 5, but we've all seen it parodied over and over and it's a trip that it's SO misquoted so often. Edit: and I say "so misquoted" because even though it's two words, the rhythm of how it's said is so different from the parodies. She says "...you like me. Right now. You like me." with pauses in between, as opposed to "...you like me. Right now you like me" (a la "you like me. You really like me." )

kel
02-20-2017, 06:28 PM
it's really tripping me out because i swear i saw it. i even remember hating it, no shit. and it absolutely was not that shaq movie.

weird af.

elevenism
02-20-2017, 07:50 PM
it's really tripping me out because i swear i saw it. i even remember hating it, no shit. and it absolutely was not that shaq movie.

weird af.
I've heard others say the same thing on the internet.
People remember specific plot points and characters (https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/55f5rt/the_sinbad_genie_movie_complete_analysis/) that aren't from the Shaq movie.

kel
02-20-2017, 08:03 PM
I REMEMBER THE LITTLE GIRL BREAKING HER DOLL AND *WASTING* A WISH ON IT.

this ... is almost too much, it's making me grind my teeth. what in gay hell am i remembering? elevenism, you know i dig you, but i have never been into your conspiracy/alien/whatever stuff. but this ... like i said, is just too much. it's annoying, actually.

elevenism
02-20-2017, 08:10 PM
How about this one? I remember this guy having a monocle.
He never has.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/tylerlankford11/Monopoly_zpskg8sctlf.jpg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/tylerlankford11/media/Monopoly_zpskg8sctlf.jpg.html)

elevenism
02-20-2017, 08:11 PM
I REMEMBER THE LITTLE GIRL BREAKING HER DOLL AND *WASTING* A WISH ON IT.

this ... is almost too much, it's making me grind my teeth. what in gay hell am i remembering? elevenism, you know i dig you, but i have never been into your conspiracy/alien/whatever stuff. but this ... like i said, is just too much. it's annoying, actually.

i'm sorry :/
Yeah i think the Shazam one has really freaked a lot of people out.

kel
02-20-2017, 08:34 PM
so my best friend remembers it, too. he says he can remember the movie poster, even.

but get this -- when i was 16 i tore tickets at a movie theater in twin falls. there was a shitty movie called first kid playing at the end of the summer before school started starring sinbad and whoever else. we went to the first showing of that awful crow sequel and he remembers making cracks about how we should have gone to first kid instead, and that even "shazaam" was better.

elevenism
02-20-2017, 09:00 PM
so my best friend remembers it, too. he says he can remember the movie poster, even.

but get this -- when i was 16 i tore tickets at a movie theater in twin falls. there was a shitty movie called first kid playing at the end of the summer before school started starring sinbad and whoever else. we went to the first showing of that awful crow sequel and he remembers making cracks about how we should have gone to first kid instead, and that even "shazaam" was better.
i just feel bad that it made you feel bad.
One of my youtuber friends just made a video about whether or not to turn people on to this shit as it can cause negative emotions.
it hasn't caused me any negative emotions; i just think it's interesting.
But now i see what he meant and i'm sorry that something i posted made you grind your teeth.

kel
02-20-2017, 09:27 PM
i am glad i was exposed to it, i guess? don't sweat that. it's annoying in so many ways, though. i don't go on reddit, i don't read these threads other than to go "oh, bernstAIN bears", well ... that's a little surprising at best, i guess. i didn't do drugs when i was that age, i like to believe my lucidity is reliable.

bah. it's a sinbad movie that didn't exist. it's so silly, the memes write themselves.

right? right.

elevenism
02-26-2017, 02:10 PM
i am glad i was exposed to it, i guess? don't sweat that. it's annoying in so many ways, though. i don't go on reddit, i don't read these threads other than to go "oh, bernstAIN bears", well ... that's a little surprising at best, i guess. i didn't do drugs when i was that age, i like to believe my lucidity is reliable.

bah. it's a sinbad movie that didn't exist. it's so silly, the memes write themselves.

right? right.

but..except...yeah.

:P

GibbonBlack
02-28-2017, 10:56 PM
Captain D is on the case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGgUrj10HdM

[parasite]
02-28-2017, 11:16 PM
love it!!

elevenism
03-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Captain D is on the case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGgUrj10HdM
it's fucking hilarious
BUT, if the term "mandela effect" inherently denotes colliding realities and or wayward time travelers, i am misunderstanding it.

[parasite]
03-01-2017, 03:01 AM
it's fucking hilarious
BUT, if the term "mandela effect" inherently denotes colliding realities and or wayward time travelers, i am misunderstanding it.

i don't proclaim to know very much about the "mandela effect", but i'd agree with you elevenism, i truly like the idea, that this could all possibly be possible?!
we my never really know!

elevenism
03-01-2017, 03:27 AM
i don't proclaim to know very much about the "mandela effect", but i'd agree with you elevenism, i truly like the idea, that this could all possibly be possible?!
we my never really know!

Right, and to me "mandela effect" describes the phenomenon itself, the phenomenon of large groups of people remembering things differently and remembering things that didn't happen.
But included in those two words "mandela effect" are NOT the cause of said phenomenon.

edit: GibbonBlack , have you ever watched any of the videos from the guy who claims to have "broken" the "David Bowie is alive" story?
See, it all has to do with basic geamatria (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gematria).
Now the David Bowie thing, he "died" of "cancer." And is it a coincidence that he died at 69 and when you turn 69 on its side, it produces THE ASTROLOGICAL. SYMBOL. FOR. CANCER. Coincidence? FUCK NO!!!!
All you have to do is go back to a certain scene in Labyrinth where there's a CLOCK on the wall, and do you think THAT shit's a coincidence, there being a CLOCK on the wall that tells a certain time? HOW COULD IT BE? Because when you take the time on the clock and convert it into this formula, you come up with the number of days between the date that China Girl hit number 2 on the hot 100 in the Channel Islands and the date that Bowie's sickness was diagnosed, which, although it wasn't released to the public, is easily ascertainable by using the greek gematria for the name of Golden Years and THEN converting it to the Hebrew (this being the place that catches most people up,) because, see, they have to hide it in plain sight or it doesn't work!

Or some shit like that. And the dude YELLS all this shit.
And hooooly shit, i was gonna look that dude up so i could show you this insanity, but there are more than one of them.
And you people think I'M crazy. :P

GibbonBlack
03-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Right, and to me "mandela effect" describes the phenomenon itself, the phenomenon of large groups of people remembering things differently and remembering things that didn't happen.
But included in those two words "mandela effect" are NOT the cause of said phenomenon.

edit: @GibbonBlack (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1294) , have you ever watched any of the videos from the guy who claims to have "broken" the "David Bowie is alive" story?
See, it all has to do with basic geamatria (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gematria).
Now the David Bowie thing, he "died" of "cancer." And is it a coincidence that he died at 69 and when you turn 69 on its side, it produces THE ASTROLOGICAL. SYMBOL. FOR. CANCER. Coincidence? FUCK NO!!!!
All you have to do is go back to a certain scene in Labyrinth where there's a CLOCK on the wall, and do you think THAT shit's a coincidence, there being a CLOCK on the wall that tells a certain time? HOW COULD IT BE? Because when you take the time on the clock and convert it into this formula, you come up with the number of days between the date that China Girl hit number 2 on the hot 100 in the Channel Islands and the date that Bowie's sickness was diagnosed, which, although it wasn't released to the public, is easily ascertainable by using the greek gematria for the name of Golden Years and THEN converting it to the Hebrew (this being the place that catches most people up,) because, see, they have to hide it in plain sight or it doesn't work!

Or some shit like that. And the dude YELLS all this shit.
And hooooly shit, i was gonna look that dude up so i could show you this insanity, but there are more than one of them.
And you people think I'M crazy. :P

Russianvids? Me and a friend binge watched some of his stuff once. My favourite is a video that just lists Jewish celebrities and people are commenting like "Oh my god, you've cracked it!!!!!!"

elevenism
03-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Russianvids? Me and a friend binge watched some of his stuff once. My favourite is a video that just lists Jewish celebrities and people are commenting like "Oh my god, you've cracked it!!!!!!"
That's hilarious too, but there's this other guy. MAN i'm gonna have to remember his name.
You wade through a LOT of insanity trying to research anything strange on the internet.

GibbonBlack
03-03-2017, 09:24 AM
That's hilarious too, but there's this other guy. MAN i'm gonna have to remember his name.
You wade through a LOT of insanity trying to research anything strange on the internet.

Be sure to let me know when you remember! I love the crazies!

elevenism
03-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Be sure to let me know when you remember! I love the crazies!

Oh okay. It IS Russianvids.

That guy is fucking NUTS! lolololololol

Jinsai
03-04-2017, 11:49 AM
I have a friend who went off the deep end there with stuff like that... just, one day, suddenly all news was a lie, and the explanation was nefarious and straight out of an X Files screenplay.

Then Donald Trump became president, and suddenly all that's kind of over and done with... I wonder if the "NWO puppet-masters" narrative that was serving as the backbone of his grand world view just kind of crumbled when Trump became president.

GibbonBlack
03-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Oh okay. It IS Russianvids.

That guy is fucking NUTS! lolololololol

Haha he's hilarious!

kel
04-04-2017, 03:12 PM
FOUND! shazaam is REAL!

https://youtu.be/tD0rchvuoMU

lulz.

elevenism
04-05-2017, 07:27 AM
FOUND! shazaam is REAL!

https://youtu.be/tD0rchvuoMU

lulz.

lolz i thought of you when an april fool's meme about Shazaam made the rounds.

elevenism
04-05-2017, 07:30 AM
I have a friend who went off the deep end there with stuff like that... just, one day, suddenly all news was a lie, and the explanation was nefarious and straight out of an X Files screenplay.

Then Donald Trump became president, and suddenly all that's kind of over and done with... I wonder if the "NWO puppet-masters" narrative that was serving as the backbone of his grand world view just kind of crumbled when Trump became president.
Sadly, yes, i haven't seen much about NWO puppetmasters since trump got elected. So no more conspiracy entertainment for me.

See, here's the thing. People think that trump is the ANSWER to the new world order.

Fucking donald trump ruined conspiracy theories.

elevenism
05-11-2017, 03:21 PM
So here is one of the handful that has really tripped me out: beats by dr. dre.
the logo has ALWAYS said beats by dr dre, never just beats by dre.

Edit:that's just the logo though; commercials and whatnot call it beats by dre, so it's not really very interesting.

:(
Has anyone found any solid new ones?

Jon
05-13-2017, 03:44 AM
May 12th, 2017 interview with Sinbad. The Shazaam talk begins at 12:34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI2ZBIgC2Go&t=620s

muse-lyre candy
07-28-2017, 01:37 PM

the more recent death of Mandela threw me for a loop as well. i remember feeling really confused in voicing the memories i have of Mandela's passing in the 80's
i discussed this with my then (now ex bf) and he has no memory of an 80's death. i didn't think too much about it at that time until i ran a crossed some reading of the 'Mandela Effect' i was curious enough to ask my ex husband what his recollections are and he doesn't have memories of an 80's Mandela death. i went a lil further and quizzed my ex husband about what he remember's from Snow White (mirror mirror), Monopoly Millionaire (Monocle) Guy, Star Wars (Vader Luke_father scene), minus the Mandela thing he also remembered the other things the same way i did; mirror mirror/with monocle/Luke_father (vs no_father).
it was just a curiosity i also found interesting, and that's kinda where it stops for me.

mostlymad
07-28-2017, 02:36 PM
In light of spending a great deal of my life being gaslighted, I started to write everything down when I was very young. I kept close eye on everything to understand when I was wrong and when I was right. I find the thing people mis-remember to be odd. I worked in a library and a book store, so the Berenstain Bears thing makes me scratch my head, as I shelved it enough to remember it correctly. I don't remember Mandela dying until his late death. However, I have holes in my own brain that would make most people feel crazy. They aren't shared by a lot of other people, though. So when I swear I remember taking over for my friend driving in the rain through Pennsylvania to see a friend, and losing control of the wheel, I have to accept that she remembers being the one driving and losing control. The only good thing that has come of all my own false memories is that I have some good stories brewing that maybe one day I'll actually get written.

Rubeninphoenix
07-28-2017, 11:25 PM
One of my local news channels recently did a story on this. Apparently, a professor at Arizona State is getting some grant money to study this. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/270174085-video

botley
07-28-2017, 11:56 PM
One of my local news channels recently did a story on this. Apparently, a professor at Arizona State is getting some grant money to study this. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/270174085-video
Here's a text version of the report (http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/270175098-story). Seems this theory has a lot of parallels with the Jungian theory of collective unconscious memory. Basically, it occurred to Jung, after looking at mythologies which had symbols shared in common across the globe, across vastly different time periods, with no common historical lineage (mythologies that had therefore purportedly arose independently from one another), that a whole civilization could collectively "dream" a common set of forms accessible through the conscious mind of individuals living within this vast cross-continental social metabrain. Which is, I guess, a trippy pothead way to say 'access an alternate universe'.

Rubeninphoenix
07-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Here's a text version of the report (http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/270175098-story). Seems this theory has a lot of parallels with the Jungian theory of collective unconscious memory. Basically, it occurred to Jung, after looking at mythologies which had symbols shared in common across the globe, across vastly different time periods, with no common historical lineage (mythologies that had therefore purportedly arose independently from one another), that a whole civilization could collectively "dream" a common set of forms accessible through the conscious mind of individuals living within this vast cross-continental social metabrain. Which is, I guess, a trippy pothead way to say 'access an alternate universe'. I actually had a discussion with one of my former coworkers one day at the office about this (Mandela Effect) and how I didn't believe in it. I used the Berenstain Bears books and how people thought it was an e (Berenstein) but I used the picture I took the night before of one of my old books I had.

elevenism
07-29-2017, 02:38 AM
I actually had a discussion with one of my former coworkers one day at the office about this (Mandela Effect) and how I didn't believe in it. I used the Berenstain Bears books and how people thought it was an e (Berenstein) but I used the picture I took the night before of one of my old books I had.
Here is the thing for me though: it's happening. Millions of people are having the same false memories. Berenstein/Berenstain, Shazam, Ed McMahon and Publishers Clearinghouse, "beam me up, scotty" never having been uttered on Star Trek; it's HAPPENING. And stranger still, it all seemed to start happening around the same time.

People seem to equate the Mandela Effect with the idea that parallel universes have collided or that we live in a simulation or something else along those lines.

But the Mandela Effect isn't about what CAUSED the phenomenon; it's just the phenomenon itself.

I personally have no fucking clue why it happens (although the theory botley linked sounds fairly compelling); I just know that it has happened and is happening.

One can't really not "believe" in the Mandela Effect.

allegro
07-29-2017, 09:27 AM
It's just a weird false memory phenomenon. The term "Mandela Effect" was coined by a woman who is asserting something illogical and stupid as the cause, but that doesn't mean false memory doesn't exist.

SEE THIS (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory)

SEE ALSO THIS (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2017/02/16/mandela-effect-false-memories/#.WXya5IVOmEd)

Prior learning creates a framework for similar memories to be stored in close proximity to each other. This framework is known as a ‘schema’. One bit of evidence for this comes from a 2016 study on human semantic memory – long-term memories of ideas and concepts devoid of personal detail. To parse the terrain, researchers used functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to show that similar words are stored in adjacent regions of the brain, and even created a ‘semantic map’ of language in the human cortex. Another recent study confirmed that shared memory traces are organised in similar ways from one individual to the next.

Although we might think of memories as being strengthened when recalled, the truth is actually more complex. Recalling a memory reactivates the neurons composing the memory trace, spurring them to form new connections. The altered circuitry then becomes stable again, and the memory is ‘reconsolidated’.

Reconsolidation can reinforce learning over time by strengthening neural connections and allowing the formation of new associations.

But obviously, taking a memory trace apart and putting it back together again makes that memory vulnerable to losing its fidelity. Here’s an example: at some point in their education, most Americans learn that Alexander Hamilton was a founding father but not a US president. However, when a study on false memory investigated whom most Americans identify as US presidents, the subjects were more likely to incorrectly select Hamilton but not several actual former presidents. This is likely to be because neurons encoding information about Hamilton were frequently activated at the same time as neurons encoding information about former presidents. Because neurons that ‘fire together wire together’, a connection between past presidents and Hamilton could gradually become strong enough that you would incorrectly remember Hamilton as a former president himself.

The Hamilton study could also help to explain why groups of people share false memories, as with the mystery of Shazaam. First, there was a children’s movie called Kazaam (1996) starring Shaquille O’Neal as a genie. Then, some people falsely remember another 1990s film, perhaps a rip-off of Kazaam, called Shazaam, starring the comedian Sinbad as a genie. Although Shazaam never existed, there are hundreds of people online who claim to remember it.

There are several reasons for this. First, a large number of general associations increase the probability that a false memory could emerge. Twin films with similar concepts being released at around the same time were common in the 1990s. Sinbad had a different movie out that same year called First Kid, which – like Kazaam – involves the hero coming to the aid of a wayward boy. And Sinbad had also previously released Houseguest (1995), the poster for which has an image of his head coming out of a mailbox, perhaps abstractly resembling a genie emerging from a lamp. Sinbad is an Arabic name, and the story of Sinbad the Sailor is often associated with encounters with genies. Sinbad’s bald head and goatee resemble a typical genie portrayed in the media. Sinbad also dressed up like a genie for a movie marathon he hosted in the 1990s, which almost certainly contributed to the ‘memory’ of Sinbad playing a genie. Besides similar associations laying the groundwork for a false memory to form, the other main factors in this instance are confabulation and suggestibility.

If Shazaam never existed, how does he have such a detailed memory of the movie? This is most likely an instance of confabulation, or the brain’s attempt to fill in missing memory gaps by adding fabricated facts and experiences. Unlike lying, confabulation is not intended to deceive, and the person confabulating fully believes that the ‘remembered’ details are real. Confabulation is associated with a wide array of neurological disorders, including stroke, brain injury, Alzheimer’s, Korsakoff syndrome, epilepsy and schizophrenia, but it can also happen in healthy subjects (as anyone with a memory of ‘President Hamilton’ can attest). Instances of confabulation in healthy people increase with age and are thought to be due to age-related changes to the medial temporal lobe, including the hippocampus, and the prefrontal cortex. These brain regions are important for memory encoding and retrieval, and fMRI studies over the past decade suggest that decreased functioning in these regions underlies false memory.

A third force driving the Mandela effect is suggestibility, the tendency to believe what others suggest to be true. When misinformation is introduced, it can actually compromise the fidelity of an existing memory. This is exactly why in a court of law an attorney can object to ‘leading questions’ that suggest a specific answer. In short, the leading question: ‘Do you remember the 1990s film Shazaam that starred Sinbad as a genie?’ not only suggests that such a film actually exists, but could even insert a false memory of having viewed it.

elevenism
08-27-2018, 04:11 AM
It's been a long time since one of these got me, but one recently did.

It's the line "hello, Clarice" from Silence of the Lambs.

It was never said.

Where the fuck did we get "hello Clarice?"

[parasite]
08-27-2018, 04:15 AM
are you sure lol

elevenism
08-27-2018, 04:33 AM
are you sure lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro very. Check it out. He says "good morning."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBPuG-qmDI

And I'm not the only one remembering this one wrong because here it is being imitated in a bunch of other shows (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLW--2_R0eU) and movies and such.

I realize he says it on the telephone in Hannibal. But I remember him saying it in the jail cell. Also, some of these shows using it as a joke predate Hannibal.

So I can find no explanation for this one.

Louie_Cypher
08-27-2018, 10:44 AM
very. Check it out. He says "good morning."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBPuG-qmDI

And I'm not the only one remembering this one wrong because here it is being imitated in a bunch of other shows (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLW--2_R0eU) and movies and such.

I realize he says it on the telephone in Hannibal. But I remember him saying it in the jail cell. Also, some of these shows using it as a joke predate Hannibal.

So I can find no explanation for this one. i think you'll find in most cases it is subtle mis-remembering. I was watching a few of the conspiracy videos about cern Q-anon and other in my opinion BS. here the thing with you tube conspiracy videos on youtube, they are usually produced adding spooky music video effects. use very leading statements like"isn't it obvious, I don't have to tell you", which is a very subtle way of either insulting or complementing your intelligence to sway you're thinking. We can go further. take something like Starbucks. discontinuing straws. which is all part of conditioning us for the upcoming alien hybrid human the government is creating in labs which don't, have mouths and psychically communicate and absorb nutrients through their skin. isn't it obvious if you just look at their logo. It's clearly homage to the satanic goddess Coffey from the water planet mermaland isn't it clear just look at the name Starbucks,which everyone knows is the galactic currency and star a common satanic symbol for 19th century satanist Allister Crowley. so it's right if front of your face what they are doing here. although we have access to more information than anytime in history as a society we are relatively young in parsing that information. early in the century newspapers constantly lied. And entertainment is one of the oldest propaganda tools known to man. so slow down we you think there's some new order Illuminati pedophile cult that's going to force you into fema slave labor camp and steal your guns. than the time to analyze how things are being presented and what is to be gained either politically or monetarily and go from there
-Louie

elevenism
08-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Oh dude.
I'm not claiming it's a conspiracy, @Louie_Cypher (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=775) , nor do I think it's evidence of, well, anything.

I just think it's interesting and weird. It fascinates me that SO many people misremember the same little things.
Most of the time there is an easy explanation for these anomalies (like people confusing the thing in question with something else,) but I REALLY like the ones I CAN'T explain, because, most of all, I've come to think that they suggest that we have some degree of collective consciousness, which fucking fascinates me.

As I've said before: I'm not claiming that we are living in an alternate dimension of this is evidence of time travel or anything like that.
I just see the phenomenon in and of itself and it interests me.
I'm not someone watching these people claiming it was caused by CERN or is a sign of the apocalypse or any of that.

Edit: Btw, the Starbucks logo doesn't have anything to do with Thelema , but it DOES have an interesting history (http://www.deadprogrammer.com/starbucks-logo-mermaid), (albeit one that has nothing to do with any conspiracy.)

Louie_Cypher
08-27-2018, 02:07 PM
Oh dude.
I'm not claiming it's a conspiracy, @Louie_Cypher (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=775) , nor do I think it's evidence of, well, anything.

I just think it's interesting and weird. It fascinates me that SO many people misremember the same little things.
Most of the time there is an easy explanation for these anomalies (like people confusing the thing in question with something else,) but I REALLY like the ones I CAN'T explain, because, most of all, I've come to think that they suggest that we have some degree of collective consciousness, which fucking fascinates me.

As I've said before: I'm not claiming that we are living in an alternate dimension of this is evidence of time travel or anything like that.
I just see the phenomenon in and of itself and it interests me.
I'm not someone watching these people claiming it was caused by CERN or is a sign of the apocalypse or any of that.

Edit: Btw, the Starbucks logo doesn't have anything to do with Thelema , but it DOES have an interesting history (http://www.deadprogrammer.com/starbucks-logo-mermaid), (albeit one that has nothing to do with any conspiracy.)thanks for the mention glad you read my post look mine was not accusatory or implying anything post was somewhat tongue in cheek look i have a fascination with conspiracy theories and their anato my for lack of a better term. look I try underlined to be a student of life's meanings look i am often dwelling down the rabbit hole. being an active student of social engineering i look for subtle psychological manipulation look i gotta get back to getting shit done but every interested in continuing this discussion
-Louie

theimage13
08-27-2018, 02:25 PM
Oh dude.

I feel like if we had any degree of collective consciousness, we'd be less racist, less sexist, less bigoted overall. If there was actually something deep that linked us all together, we wouldn't be so staggeringly and unbelievably heartless and shitty to one another on a routine basis. I think the Mandela Effect is mostly just a sign that we tend not to pay attention to things.

elevenism
08-27-2018, 05:05 PM
theimage13 , I hear you.
For me, though, Carl Jung makes some fairly compelling arguments. I love archetypes and dream analysis and synchronicity and his theory of the collective unconscious (which I tend to take literally.) I see my anima and shadow regularly in dreams, which makes me think he was onto something.

I also believe with every fiber of my being that we are all part and parcel of the same energy.

But this is tangential.

Yes, it's likely mass confabulation, but that is interesting in and of itself.

elevenism
09-09-2021, 07:26 PM
In the spirit of the upcoming Matrix film, and the premise of the Matrix universe, I thought I'd resurrect this thread with a couple of Matrix oddities.

What if I told you that Morpheus doesn't say "What if I told you..." in the Matrix movies, at all, ever?
Go back and watch the scene. He doesn't say that, or anything like it: not in the scene with the pills, or anywhere else in the trilogy.

Remember Agent Smith saying "Mr. Anderson. We've been expecting you?"

That didn't happen, either.

;)