PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted 4

Jinsai
05-16-2016, 07:16 PM
I was thinking of bumping the Uncharted 3 thread, but this game deserves its own. This is a landmark achievement in the medium. It checks all of the boxes and then goes into territory that video games shouldn't be able to go. I've never seen anything like it... it's like playing the best action movie ever made. I just finished chapter 11 and I needed to take a break for a moment to process what just happened. I don't understand how it's possible to play this and not be completely blown away.

Piko
05-16-2016, 08:05 PM
I really loved this game. Not sure if i'd say it's the best uncharted game. But it's pretty close. Maybe a tied with the second game. Shame to (possibly) see the series end. But the series has never disappointed me, and it ended on a solid note. Currently replaying the first game. Going to really miss this series.

Jinsai
05-16-2016, 09:55 PM
I haven't beaten it yet, and I have yet to really dive in to the online aspect, so I can't make a ranking call on where it stands for me in the franchise. All the same, I have never been this impressed with any other game's most epic thrilling moments. At its best moments, for me at least, it's an entirely new experience that transcends what I thought games were capable of.

Piko
05-16-2016, 10:53 PM
I didn't bother with the multiplayer. Never have. I'm in it for the characters and the story.

Aladdinsanity
05-17-2016, 01:31 AM
I purchased the Nathan Drake Collection a few months ago and finally started playing it last week after being pushed via this game's hype. I've only beaten the first game so far and it really hasn't aged well -- I wasn't expecting it to stand up to any of the recent games it's obviously had an influence on in terms of action-adventure platforming, but it definitely has some of the worst third-person shooter mechanics I've experienced in awhile. I found it amusing as it was frustrating since it was obviously one of the first AAA titles to cop the Gears of Wars duck and cover system that many other games would do much a better job of emulating in the years to come. The story and characters were enough for me see it through to the end and become invested in the series as a whole.

Uncharted 2, however... fucking wow. I'm glad to have toughed through the first game to experience a sequel that's just so much superior in every conceivable way. I'm only a couple hours in, but I can already get the sense that this will be one of my new favorites. Definitely pumped to play the rest of the series at this point.

Jinsai
05-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Yeah, Uncharted 2 was a giant step up from the original, though I would consider 4 to be as big of a step up from there.

Space Suicide
05-17-2016, 01:38 PM
I definitely want the game but I'm not shelling out $60.00 for it. I'll wait a few months and buy it on sale.

Unrelated, back in May 2012 I managed to get Uncharted 3 for $10.00 new at Target. That was a great deal.

Hopefully I'll get this sooner rather than later.

P.S. Have any of you played multiplayer? I liked Uncharted 2's mp but I HATED 3's. I sucked so much ass at 3. I rarely got kills and mainly died over and over and over again. 2 was great, 3 was bad. is this more like 2 or 3?

Jinsai
05-17-2016, 01:52 PM
I definitely want the game but I'm not shelling out $60.00 for it. I'll wait a few months and buy it on sale.

Unrelated, back in May 2012 I managed to get Uncharted 3 for $10.00 new at Target. That was a great deal.

Hopefully I'll get this sooner rather than later.

P.S. Have any of you played multiplayer? I liked Uncharted 2's mp but I HATED 3's. I sucked so much ass at 3. I rarely got kills and mainly died over and over and over again. 2 was great, 3 was bad. is this more like 2 or 3?

Well, I would say if ever there was a game that warranted full-price upon release, it's this one.

The multiplayer isn't fully rolled out yet though. Right now it's only death match and modes. Still like it though. I didn't hate the multiplayer in 3, but I think the maps in this seem a bit more appealing to me. Apparently there's new multiplayer modes being added in a summer DLC, and then in the fall they're going to bring out a co-op DLC. So it's hard to make a judgement on the online, since it's going to be growing considerably it seems.

Space Suicide
05-17-2016, 02:05 PM
Well, I would say if ever there was a game that warranted full-price upon release, it's this one.

The multiplayer isn't fully rolled out yet though. Right now it's only death match and modes. Still like it though. I didn't hate the multiplayer in 3, but I think the maps in this seem a bit more appealing to me. Apparently there's new multiplayer modes being added in a summer DLC, and then in the fall they're going to bring out a co-op DLC. So it's hard to make a judgement on the online, since it's going to be growing considerably it seems.

Of course but with Bloodborne DLC, Dark Souls III NG+, finishing Quantum Break (heh) and with work schedules it wouldn't warrant a purchase for the full price.

Though knowing me, I might cave. I don't know haha.

Thiah
05-18-2016, 12:31 AM
The game is $47 if you have GCU. I have the Uncharted Collection but it's still in the wrapper. I know I messed up by playing the last one first but I got caught up in the hype for this. This game is fucking amazing. It's a lot better then The Last of Us. I can't wait to dive into the first 3 games.

Substance242
05-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Alessandro Cortini also seems to like it. :-) (twitter)
"Wow. Uncharted 4 is without question the best game of the year. What an experience. Fantastic job @Naughty_Dog !"

Space Suicide
05-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Oh what the fuck...

https://i.imgur.com/OBJhkL3.jpg

Jinsai
05-19-2016, 11:36 AM
you have chosen wisely

Space Suicide
05-19-2016, 12:25 PM
you have chosen wisely

Indeed.

I have a 3 months trial of PSN active currently (I use my Xbox One more so don't need PSN for online play really so I never buy it) but I might have to buy a sub sometime after it expires in July. I am LOVING the multiplayer in this game. I hopped on it last night to get a feel of the game engine and mechanics so I will probably dive into single player today sometime now that Im more comfortable.

Space Suicide
05-20-2016, 03:22 PM
Game is gorgeous. Best game I've played this gen graphically besides MGSV and Battlefront.

Jinsai
05-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Game is gorgeous. Best game I've played this gen graphically besides MGSV and Battlefront.

Personally I'd rank it above, but you've gotta get to the crazier segments.

I've just beaten the single player game, and wow... Best action game ever. Gearing up to dive into the multiplayer again, and do a Crushing difficulty speed run. I really took my time on my first play through. I've seen a lot of people online saying that they beat it between 10 and 15 hours, but I definitely clocked a lot more into it... I wandered around a lot, trying to find the hidden treasures by myself (found about 52)... and that's where my only complaint about the game is really. The game seems to encourage exploration and wandering around, but then you try to access an area off the beaten path that looks like you absolutely should be able to proceed and there's an invisible wall there. Not really a problem if you're going through the areas in a straightforward approach, but I ran into about 15 invisible walls on my play through.

Still, not a real complaint. The game is near perfect (silly story aside, which I think is kind of endearing).

Piko
05-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Took me 15 hours. I wandered a little bit. Hauled ass towwrds the end (had to see where the story went). graphically, best looking game of current gen to date. Not sure where I'd rank this in the series though. It's up there with 2 as the best.

liquidcalm
05-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Finally finished 4 this morning. Oh what a lovely thing it was too. It was nice to have it be a little more driven by characters than set pieces, but boy oh boy was it good. at points I was just stunned into just looking around. Combat towards the end got difficult to the point of frustration, mostly because I just wanted to see what happened. Some parts dragged on longer than expected, but, as a whole, and as an 'end', big thumbs up. The whole package was excellent. Oh and that ending? Great. Almost did a rubbery one.

Wretchedest
07-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Looking to sell if any one is interestes: $40

Pm me

Space Suicide
07-08-2016, 05:54 PM
New MP DLC hit and it's coooooooool.