PDA

View Full Version : What weird habit/OCD shit do you do for no reason?

Ryan
03-19-2016, 05:12 AM
Whenever I drive out of the local area I go under a bridge that's called CARTER ROAD. Out of habit, I always look up at the street sign, half because it reminds me of Chris Carter, X-Files creator, and partly out of OCD. I do this every single time without fail.

playwithfire
03-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Maaan, I can't speak for you, but that sure doesn't seem like OCD to me (and I think the term "OCD shit" is super dumb).

Ryan
03-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Maaan, I can't speak for you, but that sure doesn't seem like OCD to me (and I think the term "OCD shit" is super dumb).

I've had chronic actual OCD for years, so I guess I'm not talking about that. More something that you do regularly for no apparent reason and doesn't make sense, but you still do it anyway, like what I mentioned above.

ldopa
03-20-2016, 02:32 PM
when i first light my smoke, i have to look at the tip and blow the first exhale on the cherry

Hazekiah
03-20-2016, 02:41 PM
I catch myself counting things in my head all the time, for no apparent reason.

The number of stairs I've climbed, blocks I've walked, how many minutes and seconds it's been since the last time I looked at a clock and noticed the time, etc.

Hilariously, I frequently lose count because I'm not really paying attention and don't even really give a shit...and then keep counting anyway, lol.