PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Live Speculation

Ryan
01-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Stole kleiner352's idea because I love him. ^_^

BenAkenobi
01-07-2016, 09:04 AM
T-Rez said "we will return" in front of Moscow audience in '07.
We remember.

implanted_microchip
01-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Just to have all current info in this thread and not split across other places:

- Last tour wasn't billed as a farewell tour, but Trent said at many shows (one I went to included) that it may be the last, and went on to give varying answers in interviews, at one point claiming that he was already thinking of what they would do next, while still saying that he doesn't feel the burning need to tour that he once did.

- Trent tweets "New NIN in 2016. Other stuff, too."

- Someone linked to a forum where someone claimed to know a person working on a major festival claims that The Moment Factory (who designed the LitS, Tension and festival/2014 panel visuals and stage productions) are working on something major for Trent Reznor, without any confirmation/sources.

Aside from that, there's the fact that so far, a full-length LP (sold as one, and I say that just to avoid the old as dirt "Is Broken an album?" debate) has never been released without NIN doing some capacity of touring. Year Zero came out without US dates at first, but NIN toured extensively in 2007 and, on the LitS tour, supported YZ, Ghosts and The Slip, so it would be a first (unless you count Broken and/or Still) if there isn't some amount of touring.

Also, his kids might now be at an age where it might be easier for Trent to travel. Last tour, his family accompanied all along the way and I believe it was Mariqueen who described it as a family adventure of sorts. That's got to add a lot of stress and complications and could at this point be either a plus or a minus in the likelihood of touring.

No other band members have mentioned anything, which again, could be taken as a pro or a con. Alessandro Cortini said in an interview in (I think?) late 2014 that it was all up to Trent and that in his mind he felt that if the 2014 NA dates were the last, they'd be a good note to go out on.

So at this point it really is a big bag of "We don't know." Personally I think that if Trent knew for sure that they won't be touring, that he'd say so upfront. The fact that he's not mentioned it at all makes me think that it's at least being considered, if not decided on.

As far as the Moment Factory rumor, does anyone know at what stage they get involved? Are visuals started on before rehearsal? The behind the scenes videos for 2013 made it seem symbiotic but IIRC the LitS BTS on Another Version of the Truth shows them displaying tech to Trent and then proceeding from there. If it's something they wouldn't start before a live band has been picked and rehearsals have begun, then I doubt that rumor strongly since we'd almost certainly have had some form of a leak by now. If not, anything's likely.

ninlive
01-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Club tour... That is all.

implanted_microchip
01-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Club tour... That is all.

As much as I'd love to see them in a club, I'd also love to be able to get tickets, and all I've ever seen people say about each and every club tour they've done is how notoriously hard to get they were.

WorzelG
01-07-2016, 11:40 AM
- Last tour wasn't billed as a farewell tour, but Trent said at many shows (one I went to included) that it may be the last, and went on to give varying answers in interviews, at one point claiming that he was already thinking of what they would do next, while still saying that he doesn't feel the burning need to tour that he once did.

In the last minute of this interview in Mexico - he says after Gone Girl the intention is to start on another NIN album, that could take a few months or years, then there will likely be shows and he would like to play their own show in Mexico. (because she asks him whether he was going to do his own show rather than a festival in Mexico)

Maybe he said all that stuff about maybe not touring again to stop people bugging him or maybe he was just tired?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXCXjkBH-3o

As much as I'd love to see them in a club, I'd also love to be able to get tickets, and all I've ever seen people say about each and every club tour they've done is how notoriously hard to get they were.
Agreed - I don't want a repeat of London Scala!

implanted_microchip
01-07-2016, 11:52 AM
WorzelG I think burn-out had everything to do with it. It wasn't until those NA dates that he started saying anything about hanging it up again (as far as I know, by all means correct me if I'm wrong) and it was just the end of an extremely long touring cycle that couldn't have been more tiring considering how many different legs there were, different productions, setlists, band members and massive overhauls of the lineups, etc., all the while taking his family along with him and then in the only large downtime between legs working on a really massive film score, and still working out the whole filming thing that was supposed to comprise the NIN Live blu ray set (even if it's been cancelled or shelved).

He's always been someone who maybe speaks a little too soon about what's on his mind; a lot of artists are, and there's a good shot that he just found himself feeling exhausted and, at the time, really not finding it appealing anymore, but given some time to recharge feels differently. NIN's taken breaks quite a lot in the past before and it wouldn't be anything new for him to change his mind about it, I just hope after the last cycle that he's figured out how to avoid that deep exhaustion and maybe space out legs a bit more.

Ryan
01-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Still set please.

somewhat_
01-07-2016, 08:42 PM
All the info from the two posts at inforoo: "Not quite sure how relevant this is when concerning headliners...but a vendor I work with is working closely with Moment Factory on stage production for a Trent Reznor project. Not sure if it's for Nine Inch Nails or a side project tho, would Nine Inch Nails even be considered a headliner? Trent will at least be touring in 2016 if they're working on live production now."

"Nowhere near what Muse or U2 (also done by Moment Factory) rolled out this year, it's being designed in a much different way. The above-crowd truss needs to be attached to a load bearing support, as there are mechanics involved to help lower the lighting to within feet of the crowd. This looks to be a pretty big part of the actual production, I can't imagine them foregoing this aspect of the production in order to play a festival. Again, they may be planning additional shows with a a more stripped down version of the production, but we've heard no evidence of this as of yet. Also, the anticipated date for final build on this is scheduled for May, I'd expect shows in August at the earliest."

Krazy
01-07-2016, 09:02 PM
All the info from the two posts at inforoo:

Mind posting a link to that?...

ManBurning
01-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Why is everyone so sure that TR and friends will be hitting the road again? Can't he just release a new album for the sake of releasing a new album and not have a tour accompany it? It almost seems like it's "too soon" to be honest. Hesitation Marks drops in late 2013 and he went on an extensive world tour for a whole year. He's only had a year and a half to rest from touring, he is seriously ready to jump back on the saddle this soon? I thought he made some comment saying this is the last live incarnation he sees for the foreseeable future. I know TR likes to go back on his word a lot, but it almost just seems like it's too soon.

I don't want to sound like i'm complaining here, i'd LOVE to see NIN again in 2016! I'd love to do some more traveling and see some more shows. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment here. I need to be strategic with my vacation time this year. I'm trying to plan what festival or events I want to attend, but I don't want to wait too long and then I miss the boat on everything fun while waiting for these "supposive" tour dates that never come. And on the other hand, I don't want to start booking a vacation for a festival or trip somewhere else only to have TR drop a tour on us and I have no money/vacation left because I blew it on a half assed event.

I hope we have word sooner rather than later. As of now, i'm waiting for the rockfest lineup to be announced to decided if I want to go out to Quebec in June. If that sucks, then I guess I'll hold off for NIN.

somewhat_
01-08-2016, 03:20 AM

http://inforoo.com/thread/34082
Edit: got the pages screwed up using tapatalk. It will be a while before I can find which pages the posts are on.

Lastentrance
01-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Why is everyone so sure that TR and friends will be hitting the road again? Can't he just release a new album for the sake of releasing a new album and not have a tour accompany it? It almost seems like it's "too soon" to be honest. Hesitation Marks drops in late 2013 and he went on an extensive world tour for a whole year. He's only had a year and a half to rest from touring, he is seriously ready to jump back on the saddle this soon? I thought he made some comment saying this is the last live incarnation he sees for the foreseeable future. I know TR likes to go back on his word a lot, but it almost just seems like it's too soon.

I don't want to sound like i'm complaining here, i'd LOVE to see NIN again in 2016! I'd love to do some more traveling and see some more shows. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment here. I need to be strategic with my vacation time this year. I'm trying to plan what festival or events I want to attend, but I don't want to wait too long and then I miss the boat on everything fun while waiting for these "supposive" tour dates that never come. And on the other hand, I don't want to start booking a vacation for a festival or trip somewhere else only to have TR drop a tour on us and I have no money/vacation left because I blew it on a half assed event.

I hope we have word sooner rather than later. As of now, i'm waiting for the rockfest lineup to be announced to decided if I want to go out to Quebec in June. If that sucks, then I guess I'll hold off for NIN.

Very intrigued by this truss idea...

thelastdisciple
01-08-2016, 06:53 AM
Why is everyone so sure that TR and friends will be hitting the road again?
Been thinking the same thing, i mean it's been the typical thing to do usually after a new album comes out but yeah i dunno for me personally... this is mostly a horribly shitty selfish sounding thing for me to say and i totally recognize that but I just hope if they do tour again especially in North America that they actually don't have a show anywhere near me, since at that point I'd just be disappointed as all hell knowing I'll probably not be able to afford some obscene $150 concert ticket pre-order for GA at the drop of a hat.

3 times I've been lucky enough to have seen them and yeah I'd say I'm pretty content with that but at the same time I'd still be bummed as fuck if i had an opportunity to see them a 4th time and missed out.

Just the same though... there are always new fans that have never seen the live show and me saying that just makes me sound like a complete asshole and I don't want them to miss out either but god damn it lol.... I'm normally the most selfless person but this would be one of those rare total dickmode occasions.

arsenic
01-08-2016, 07:19 AM

http://inforoo.com/thread/34082
Edit: got the pages screwed up using tapatalk. It will be a while before I can find which pages the posts are on.

http://www.inforoo.com/thread/34082/2016-hiltons-thread?page=276&scrollTo=1796857

Krazy
01-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Why is everyone so sure that TR and friends will be hitting the road again? Can't he just release a new album for the sake of releasing a new album and not have a tour accompany it? It almost seems like it's "too soon" to be hone

Were not sure, just speculating- no more or no less than saying "New NIN in 2016" absolutely means a full length Halo release. Just some 'ol BS'ing on teh ETS and kill some time. There's definitely a lot of us hoping a tour happens though.

Ryan
01-09-2016, 03:18 AM
Imagine a NIN + Rammstein tour ManBurning!

fillow
01-09-2016, 03:24 AM
Trent hates them, so no.

And no, he didn't pick them for Lost Highway soundtrack, Lynch did.

Ryan
01-09-2016, 03:26 AM
Trent hates them, so no.

And no, he didn't pick them for Lost Highway soundtrack, Lynch did.

Why does he hate them?

WorzelG
01-09-2016, 03:39 AM
I don't think Trent is a massive Soundgarden fan, he still toured with them

BenAkenobi
01-09-2016, 04:43 AM
Doesn't mean he totally should tour with whoever makes Ryan's boomerang stiff.

elevenism
01-10-2016, 06:04 AM
i'm finally going to say it.
i speculate that there will be no NIN tour this year.

somewhat_
01-10-2016, 06:56 AM
I speculate that they will be touring and we will have some info within the next few weeks or by the end of February at the latest. I think they will play festivals, despite what the guy on inforoo has to say. I believe it will mostly be a summer tour. I'm hoping for a "warm-up" club tour (pre-arena tour) but that probably won't be in the cards.

fillow
01-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Prediction: Trent will talk about re-thinking the NIN live concept and going away from the rock band show (again), but the end result will not change that much, apart from one-two songs in all-new arrangements.

sheepdean
01-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Prediction: billp will complain about it

botley
01-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Why does he hate them?
Aside from the obvious difference in musical style, I believe he said on the old Spiral boards that playing on the same festivals as them in Germany was especially frustrating because their live show was padded out with "unnecessary production", whereas NIN was not given nearly the same luxuries. There's zero chance they would pair up for a tour, I feel.

I say: NIN & Numan, for a full-length tour, at last.

fillow
01-10-2016, 04:42 PM
^^
Well, what you call "obvious difference in musical style" many can call obvious similarities, with both bands being industrial metal n shit.
Anyway, google gave me this: http://archives.echoingthesound.org/topics/26626/index_page250.html

Ryan
01-10-2016, 05:14 PM
^^
Well, what you call "obvious difference in musical style" many can call obvious similarities, with both bands being industrial metal n shit.
Anyway, google gave me this: http://archives.echoingthesound.org/topics/26626/index_page250.html

I wonder if he still has this?

http://www.nin.com/uploaded_images/photo-779788-779823.jpg

botley
01-10-2016, 07:09 PM

Thanks for digging up the quote. Clearly, style is not the same as genre.

ManBurning
01-11-2016, 03:33 AM
If NIN do tour this year, I bet "I'm Afraid of Americans" will be a staple song on the tour to pay Tribute to Bowie.

fillow
01-11-2016, 03:42 AM
Or just do Dissonance version of Hurt. I always liked it a lot. Won't be the same without David's vocals though.
I assume we can expect some various artists tribute show of sorts? I think TR might be invited.

thevoid99
01-11-2016, 02:32 PM
I would prefer if the band did some of the instrumentals from Low or go all-out on "Scary Monsters".

ManBurning
01-12-2016, 12:18 AM
I assume we can expect some various artists tribute show of sorts?

speaking of the devil...

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=822259

No TR though. Actually, It seems like TR is the only person on the planet to not have come out and said something about Bowie... I'm assuming he is in just too much shock. Him and Bowie were like best buds. Least I always saw them as really good friends.

fillow
01-12-2016, 02:06 AM
^^
I suspect the list of performers is far from complete, or this is not the only show. I mean there's just no way more of Bowie's collaborators and band members wouldn't want to perform there. (I only see Visconti and a bunch of unrelated people).

ManBurning
01-12-2016, 02:45 AM
^^
I suspect the list of performers is far from complete, or this is not the only show. I mean there's just no way more of Bowie's collaborators and band members wouldn't want to perform there. (I only see Visconti and a bunch of unrelated people).

Oh yeah, no doubt about it, there are going to be tons of these "Tribute" concerts popping up this year. This just seems to be the first one announced, which was eerily announced at midnight Sunday, literally just a bit after Bowie's death was made public.

I'm really derailing this topic now though...

So yeah, I totally can see some Bowie incorporated in any 2016 live performance if there will be any from Trent and co.

WorzelG
01-12-2016, 03:13 AM
I remember the Freddie Mercury tribute was at Wembley Stadium, GNR played We Will Rock You and Bowie was there. I can't imagine there wouldn't be a tribute in the UK

elevenism
01-12-2016, 03:28 AM
Still set please.
i think we'll get these in another decade or so.
i've always felt that this is what trent would be doing as he gets older.
and i feel it so strongly that i have convinced myself that it will happen for sure.

He's done a few shows that leaned in that direction. and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties.
And i don't expect him to retire from touring. I think he loves it too much, whether he admits it or not.

As for 2016, IF there's a tour, i just hope it's not another "greatest hits" setlist.
I would love to see some deep cuts and alternate versions of songs (like the new sanctified)

BenAkenobi
01-12-2016, 12:53 PM
... and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties...

2 more years and that line transforms into denoting the age of the song itself rather than the age of guy who wrote it ;)

Krazy
01-12-2016, 01:45 PM
and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties.

2 more years and that line transforms into denoting the age of the song itself rather than the age of guy who wrote it ;)

What about "FIST FUCK!" ? I mean, that'll be funny til the day we die.

elevenism
01-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Krazy , i saw this clip once of trent, pre tds, saying that's what it would say on his tombstone. Trent Reznor. Said "Fist Fuck."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Krazy
01-12-2016, 02:20 PM
From the Wish Wikipedia:

"Wish" won the Best Metal Performance (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Metal_Performance) in the 1993 Grammy Awards (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award). Referencing a lyric from the song, Reznor later joked that his epitaph (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epitaph) should read: "REZNOR: Died. Said 'fist fuck' and won a Grammy

Ryan
01-12-2016, 08:36 PM
i think we'll get these in another decade or so.
i've always felt that this is what trent would be doing as he gets older.
and i feel it so strongly that i have convinced myself that it will happen for sure.

He's done a few shows that leaned in that direction. and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties.
And i don't expect him to retire from touring. I think he loves it too much, whether he admits it or not.

As for 2016, IF there's a tour, i just hope it's not another "greatest hits" setlist.
I would love to see some deep cuts and alternate versions of songs (like the new sanctified)

I dunno, I'd love to hear him saying Fist Fuck at 70+...

elevenism
01-13-2016, 03:22 AM
bot seriously Ryan , don't you think trent will do still type sets in his old age?

icklekitty
01-13-2016, 09:58 AM
The last tour was a bit too static setlist-wise for me. That aside, as long as there is a tour I'll be there. I'd love club shows but I'm planning of getting all the US cities I want to visit out of the way the next time NIN tour the USA, so I'll be fine with large venues for that.

Star
01-17-2016, 08:13 PM
I love the greatest hits and Wish is my favorite NIN song so I hope he is performing it as long as he is performing NIN live. However, I had a dream last night that I was at a NIN show this year and it was an acoustic tour. Ah, I can always dream.....

filmfanb
01-18-2016, 09:39 AM
I love the greatest hits and Wish is my favorite NIN song so I hope he is performing it as long as he is performing NIN live. However, I had a dream last night that I was at a NIN show this year and it was an acoustic tour. Ah, I can always dream.....

The european shows are annoying because of how greatest hits heavy it was.

I may be wrong but given the sheer scale of production that trent tends to bring on the road, that setlists cant vary too much due to what needs to happen visually.

Star
01-18-2016, 11:00 AM
The european shows are annoying because of how greatest hits heavy it was.

I may be wrong but given the sheer scale of production that trent tends to bring on the road, that setlists cant vary too much due to what needs to happen visually.

I am just grateful he still tours so the setlist is never annoying to me. Is there one song I want to hear again, yes but I can't let that spoil my enjoyment of the show. Deep cuts are only for superfans and I feel as many times as I have seen NIN, I probably have seen just about everything once. Even the song I want to hear again.

somewhat_
01-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Ilan Rubin just posted an interesting photo on Instagram. It appears he is going on tour (or vacation). Could be nin related or could just be the new regime?

Rubeninphoenix
01-19-2016, 04:14 PM
He did post it as The New Regime on FB so I'm guessing it's a mini European tour as TNR.

somewhat_
01-19-2016, 04:50 PM
He did post it as The New Regime on FB so I'm guessing it's a mini European tour as TNR.

Nice catch. I should've check that.

FernandoDante
01-19-2016, 09:20 PM
Will they honor the tradition of canceling dates in South America?

filmfanb
01-21-2016, 06:49 AM
not sure if this means much guys but alessandro cortini is playing primavera in june .....

skullboy0
01-21-2016, 01:27 PM

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, it's opening up for The Used on their 15th anniversary tour. Late February into early March.

Ryan
01-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Maybe "new NIN" means literally that - a new incarnation of NIN without Trent in it. Hence no live news. Trolololol.

Swykk
01-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Opening band should be The Black Queen.

MAD
03-08-2016, 07:30 AM
It's spring. Where's that damn tour?

tony.parente
03-08-2016, 08:13 AM
I speculate no tour this year, just one off dates here and there. If he does it will be another easy peasy greatest hits coheadliner with another legacy act, possibly QOTSA again.

theimage13
03-08-2016, 04:11 PM
It's spring. Where's that damn tour?

It's not spring.
Even if it was, no one said there would be a tour announcement before spring.
That's where.

implanted_microchip
03-08-2016, 05:17 PM
greatest hits coheadliner with another legacy act, possibly QOTSA again.

I would be so alright with this

somewhat_
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM
2 weeks (lollapalooza)?

Ryan
03-08-2016, 05:46 PM
The Cure are doing shows later this year. NIN + Cure? Yes please.

bryan_NIN65
03-08-2016, 08:49 PM
2 weeks (lollapalooza)?

This has been my guess all along, 25th anniversary Jane's Addition and NIN. But I kinda hope I am wrong so I don't have to sell an arm and leg to get there and overpay for a hotel.

Bachy
03-09-2016, 11:24 AM
If Trent does indeed have a tour planned, though I will of course go, I hope it's not Lolla. The people that tend to populate that event are some of the most deplorable human beings you will encounter. Now that I've said that, it does put me in the mood for some NIN. Guess it would be ideal.

Krazy
03-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Good lord please not Lolla again. That whole market (Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Indy, etc.) gets fucked by their radius clause. And yeah, fuck that festival altogether.

I would take take it over nothing though. :/

fillow
03-09-2016, 01:38 PM
What's the closest proper to Lolla can there be? (How far is it from Chicago?)

Deepvoid
03-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Here's my speculation. No shows in 2016.

thevoid99
03-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Good lord please not Lolla again. That whole market (Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Indy, etc.) gets fucked by their radius clause. And yeah, fuck that festival altogether.

I would take take it over nothing though. :/

I agree. Lollapalooza is a just a stupid festival made by some washed-up old fuck who hasn't bothered to make anything interesting these days.

Krazy
03-09-2016, 02:51 PM
What's the closest proper to Lolla can there be? (How far is it from Chicago?)

Lollapalooza is in Chicago. Here's an article with a good radius pic...

http://m.mic.com/articles/91181/how-one-insanely-popular-music-festival-is-keeping-you-from-seeing-your-favorite-bands#.XzC8dtjHy

elevenism
03-11-2016, 03:55 AM
Lolla was fucking awesome when it was a touring festival in the 90s.
In dallas in 97 i saw Tool, Prodigy, Failure, Tricky, Snoop Dogg, James, Julian and Damian Marley, Lost Boyz...
Jesus, that was a great lineup, and it cost about 30 dollars.
Lolla was the SHIT at one point.
Anyway, i'm with @Deepvoid (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=676) . I'll be damned surprised if there are any nin shows this year.

edit: jesus fuck, that article that @Krazy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1143) linked...what lolla has turned into is fucking disgusting! :/

Jon
03-11-2016, 09:33 AM

Never noticed/cared enough to realize there was a radius clause. That would explain why Bassnectar hasn't been at Summer Camp (http://summercampfestival.com/lineup/) for the past few years.

(Sorry for the aside).

Bachy
03-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Ugh, I would really love a concert this year:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/VjpMWO75Yi5na/200w.gif

BRoswell
03-23-2016, 12:51 PM
2 weeks (lollapalooza)?

Lineup was announced today. No NIN in sight.

somewhat_
03-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Lineup was announced today. No NIN in sight.

Yep, I'm starting to believe touring won't be happening.

sheepdean
03-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Yep, I'm starting to believe touring won't be happening.
NIN hardly plays every Lolla

Though, we literally have no reason to think NIN is touring this year

fillow
03-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Jumping to conclusions is ETS favorite sport.
I say it's too soon to dismiss the tour just yet.
Eight years ago, we only learned about Lights in the Sky tour in mid-March, while tour started in July.
If NIN were planning to tour this year in the fall (let's say September-October) then I don't see why we should know about it already.

sick among the pure
03-23-2016, 06:19 PM
I figured if we got a tour it wouldn't be until fall at the earliest. Buildup for album (I hope he goes back to the slow build, as much as I like "surprise here's a album" I loved how WT and YZ were handled), album release, tour date announcement (if he tours). Maybe summer, but since I don't like dealing with the insane summer heat I'm going to guess/hope for fall arena/club tour.

somewhat_
03-23-2016, 06:19 PM
NIN hardly plays every Lolla

Though, we literally have no reason to think NIN is touring this year

Anytime there is new music coming there is a decent chance. Plus, that thing posted on inforoo, which, of course could be BS

implanted_microchip
03-23-2016, 06:21 PM
I figured if we got a tour it wouldn't be until fall at the earliest. Buildup for album (I hope he goes back to the slow build, as much as I like "surprise here's a album" I loved how WT and YZ were handled), album release, tour date announcement (if he tours). Maybe summer, but since I don't like dealing with the insane summer heat I'm going to guess/hope for fall arena/club tour.

I would love a similar schedule as 2013 -- handful of festivals to promote hype and shake the dust off, debut a couple new songs, then have a brief break, album release and full tour.

I also doubt any of this will happen at all though. The earliest I'd expect to see more touring would be next year. I'd also loathe if they did a handful of one-offs, because I'm not the kind of person who can afford to just travel across country for a concert like some people can and it feels so limiting and frustrating.

Ryan
03-23-2016, 09:26 PM
Trint Ruznore

WorzelG
03-24-2016, 02:29 AM
In the Inforoo thing at the beginning of the thread it said it was nowhere near the scale of U2 or Muse, so perhaps it's a theatre tour? A bit like htda did a moment factory thing for theatres. Hope it's something transportable overseas anyway

ryanmcfly
03-24-2016, 11:39 AM
I just hope that if there ends up being an amphitheater tour at some point, I would love a GA pit again. The seats bummed me out a bit.

Thomas W Jefford
03-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Dissonance style tour with Tool, when they release a new album.

Hyperpower
03-31-2016, 01:17 PM
so about NIN live, would love to see em but with a slight change to what normally goes on.
what i mean by that is... well im just speaking from personal experience (i only usually can afford one show and that is almost always the Toronto show) but the shows early on in the tour tend to suffer from glitches and other technical difficulties and yes i realize thats not anyone's fault in particular but maybe this time around switch it up.

Toronto for example seems to be in the early part of the tour or northeast part of the tour, so i dunno...maybe start off somewhere in the west and start touring eastward?
i will take NIN live in any shape or form but if i had a choice, then this kind of a change would be welcomed by me at least.

sheepdean
03-31-2016, 05:18 PM
so about NIN live, would love to see em but with a slight change to what normally goes on.
what i mean by that is... well im just speaking from personal experience (i only usually can afford one show and that is almost always the Toronto show) but the shows early on in the tour tend to suffer from glitches and other technical difficulties and yes i realize thats not anyone's fault in particular but maybe this time around switch it up.

Toronto for example seems to be in the early part of the tour or northeast part of the tour, so i dunno...maybe start off somewhere in the west and start touring eastward?
i will take NIN live in any shape or form but if i had a choice, then this kind of a change would be welcomed by me at least.
He could just give ya Europe style shows, with no effects (90% of the time) and so no chance for major glitches :P

implanted_microchip
03-31-2016, 05:35 PM
tour with Tool

I like being able to actually get tickets, thank you very much

somewhat_
03-31-2016, 05:38 PM
He could just give ya Europe style shows, with no effects (90% of the time) and so no chance for major glitches :P

Yes, the 2 opening shows of NINJA are two of my favorite shows that I've attended, and I feel like if there would have been tons of visual production I wouldn't have had such a positive experience.

kel
03-31-2016, 10:51 PM
edit .....

Hyperpower
04-01-2016, 02:31 PM

yeah, he could :P
you also missed my last sentence there tho.. :)
it was me just wanting a small change in the way each tour seems to shape up, thats all really.

Thomas W Jefford
04-04-2016, 12:31 PM
I like being able to actually get tickets, thank you very much
I forget the tickets are much cheaper by the sound of things in the UK, My last Tool show was around the £15 mark in 2006.
I'd happily substitute for Gary Numan, He pulls in a great atmosphere here.

implanted_microchip
04-04-2016, 05:08 PM
I forget the tickets are much cheaper by the sound of things in the UK, My last Tool show was around the £15 mark in 2006.
I'd happily substitute for Gary Numan, He pulls in a great atmosphere here.

Last Tool tour their $80 nosebleed tickets sold out in literal seconds and were then re-sold in the hundreds on third party sites. Tool's response was "then just spend $300 on our VIP tickets, guys!" It was ridiculous.

My first show actually had Numan opening and then he did Reptile and We Take Mystery to Bed in the encore. Absolutely fantastic time. He works extremely well on-stage with NIN and I'd love to see him with them more.

Krazy
04-04-2016, 06:08 PM
The only way we're seeing NIN and Tool on the "same tour" would be at a festival. Sorry but Tool doesn't need a co-headliner or opener to sell out an arena show.

But yes, I would love it. Maybe only way it would work would be some crazy ass stadium tour which isn't going to happen.

Ryan
04-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Not sure if crazy

or Krazy

fortysixand2
05-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Riot Fest?

Ryan
05-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Riot Fest?

NIN and original Misfits lineup playing at the same festival? Yes please.

ETS members paying for Ryan to fly over and see said event? Yes please.

elevenism
05-14-2016, 06:33 PM
The only way we're seeing NIN and Tool on the "same tour" would be at a festival. Sorry but Tool doesn't need a co-headliner or opener to sell out an arena show.

But yes, I would love it. Maybe only way it would work would be some crazy ass stadium tour which isn't going to happen.
But why not?

Ryan
05-14-2016, 07:25 PM
Tool need all the help they can get at this point IMO. I fucking hate that band so much now.

tony.parente
05-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Tool need all the help they can get at this point IMO. I fucking hate that band so much now.

#fucktool2016

Krazy
05-14-2016, 10:41 PM
But why not?

why not what? I'm not trying to be an ass, I don't understand the question...

If it's about a stadium tour then that's a pipe dream, let's be realistic. The only bands doing that have a gargantuan following like U2 or the Stones, and they don't do-headline stadiums typically. Tool and NIN I just can't imagine being involved in something like that.

FernandoDante
05-14-2016, 11:03 PM
I don't mean to derail* this topic, but could you please elaborate?

*AS IF this topic had rails to begin with. It's starting to look like we won't see NIN live this year.

elevenism
05-15-2016, 12:57 AM
why not what? I'm not trying to be an ass, I don't understand the question...

If it's about a stadium tour then that's a pipe dream, let's be realistic. The only bands doing that have a gargantuan following like U2 or the Stones, and they don't do-headline stadiums typically. Tool and NIN I just can't imagine being involved in something like that.

I meant why wouldn't Tool and NIN co-headline? I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.
And as far as stadiums, the last time NIN came to dallas, they played the basketball stadium. Tool plays the basketball stadium too. I assume you must be referring to like football stadiums.

I know it isn't the same thing, but i sure saw APC open for NIN in 2000 or so.
I would imagine another round of that to be more likely.
But i just don't see any reason why tool and nin COULDN'T co-headline-that's what i meant.

I goddamn sure don't think it will be happening in 2016 though, and i'm highly fucking suspicious as to whether or not there will even be any new nin material this year.

Harry Seaward
05-15-2016, 01:15 AM
he stood by when i slept in the reno airport

When did you see NIN in Reno? They haven't been out here in over a decade right? Or did I miss something?

Krazy
05-15-2016, 01:16 AM
I meant why wouldn't Tool and NIN co-headline? I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.
And as far as stadiums, the last time NIN came to dallas, they played the basketball stadium. Tool plays the basketball stadium too. I assume you must be referring to like football stadiums.

I know it isn't the same thing, but i sure saw APC open for NIN in 2000 or so.
I would imagine another round of that to be more likely.
But i just don't see any reason why tool and nin COULDN'T co-headline-that's what i meant.

I goddamn sure don't think it will be happening in 2016 though, and i'm highly fucking suspicious as to whether or not there will even be any new nin material this year.

Yeah, we're talking about different things here. For one Tool sells out their shows pretty much the minute they go on sale, so they don't need a co-headliner to help sell tickets and split profits.

Arenas as are the typical basketball and hockey venues, anywhere from 11,000 (or so) to about 20,000 capacity depending on venue and configuration. Stadiums are the baseball and football fields that hold 35,000+ or whatever insane amount of people.

Harry Seaward
05-15-2016, 01:30 AM
Tool need all the help they can get at this point IMO.

could you please elaborate?

Dude, have you not been paying attention? Tool played a bar in my hometown that seats 35 last week and half the chairs were empty. It's a sad state of affairs, they could give them away and they still wouldn't be able to sell tickets. I don't know what happened to them, last I heard Adam went back to making props for indie Alien fan-films just to make the rent.

Ryan is right, I really hope NIN can use their influence and spotlight to help Tool finally regain the ability to sell tickets.

=/

WorzelG
05-15-2016, 02:10 AM
It's not Tool that needs help, it's their enabling fanboys who lap up tickets to the same show every year and buy Tool blankets. Why do they need bother making a new album with a fanbase like that?

somewhat_
05-15-2016, 07:20 PM
So, in October of last year the riot fest Facebook account posted a link to an article about how pretty hate machine was released 26 years ago (this could be a clue in and of itself), and the following comments were left from people that will be named only by initials:
AP
I hear NIN is headlining Riot Fest 2016. Who's playing before them?
Like2More · Oct 20, 2015

KV
Is this for real?
Like1More · Oct 20, 2015

AP:
KV Yes they're doing Pretty Hate Machine one night and Downward Spiral the next
Like2More · Oct 20, 2015

ninlive
05-15-2016, 08:28 PM
This isn't direct to you, but seriously... We need some info on anything, stat!!

somewhat_
05-15-2016, 08:40 PM
The likely hood of playing pretty hate machine one night and the downward spiral the next seems pretty slim, since that's just not the way TR operates; but assuming they could have already had nin booked by that date, riot fest linking to that article certainly could have been a hint towards booking nin and them playing pretty hate machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hazekiah
05-15-2016, 09:04 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong, but right now it really seems like anyone who actually believes that NIN would EVER headline a punk rock festival by playing Pretty Hate Machine start-to-finish, of all albums, is being played for a sucker by the most obvious troll ever, lol.

I mean...

>_>

WorzelG
05-16-2016, 03:22 AM
Also 26 is a weird year to do something like that, you'd do it at 25 or 30 surely. Maybe somebody can speculate on NIN playing the Van Warped tour next alongside all the pop punk bands so they really fit in?

Hazekiah
05-16-2016, 03:37 AM
That said, NIN should really do a mini-tour of mini-sets playing the entirety of Broken in conjunction with the 5.1 remaster re-release of THAT album to commemorate IT'S 26th anniversary!

OMFG THAT WOULD BE EPIC AS FUCK

O_O

implanted_microchip
05-16-2016, 04:11 AM
Trent doing all of Broken seems wildly slim considering he's not spoken too fondly of it last I remember, saying it felt "insincere" or something along those lines. However, I could absolutely picture him opening with Pinion and it not being pre-recorded but entirely live, going all the way up to the intro of Happiness In Slavery only to switch to Disappointed and then do nothing but the singles through the the Triple H ending just to fuck with people because that's his game and we all let him play.

Remember that show where they did all of TDS up to, like, Ruiner or something only to go into I think what was Discipline or something? How he didn't burst into trollish laughter for the rest of the show is beyond me.

I'd be shocked if NIN ever really got into the habit of "full albums this night" because the whole TDS thing was meant as a total surprise and a "Hey, we really do plan on stopping, so maybe while we still can, let's give this a shot, why don't we?" rather than a "This is what we do now." I don't see NIN ever being the type of band that does anniversary tours. This is the band that on TDS' 25th anniversary, while touring heavily, didn't really do a whole special around it and only added in one to two additional songs beyond the generic "hits" staples from it they always do. Why Trent would ever have interest in a 26th anniversary of anything is beyond me, not to mention his vocal hatred of Kinda I Want To. Why people allow themselves to get hyped up by those sorts of rumors is beyond me.

Hazekiah
05-16-2016, 04:57 AM
I was hardly suggesting it would actually ever happen, lol.

I'm just saying a 26th anniversary performance/re-release/celebration would be INFINITELY more appropriate for Broken than it would be for Pretty Hate Machine.

If why that would be the case is still beyond you then just give "Wish" a listen and I'm sure you'll catch up soon enough.

;)

Ryan
05-16-2016, 08:08 AM
He should debut Just Do It live.

Wolfkiller
05-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Trent doing all of Broken seems wildly slim considering he's not spoken too fondly of it last I remember, saying it felt "insincere" or something along those lines. However, I could absolutely picture him opening with Pinion and it not being pre-recorded but entirely live, going all the way up to the intro of Happiness In Slavery only to switch to Disappointed and then do nothing but the singles through the the Triple H ending just to fuck with people because that's his game and we all let him play.

Remember that show where they did all of TDS up to, like, Ruiner or something only to go into I think what was Discipline or something? How he didn't burst into trollish laughter for the rest of the show is beyond me.

I'd be shocked if NIN ever really got into the habit of "full albums this night" because the whole TDS thing was meant as a total surprise and a "Hey, we really do plan on stopping, so maybe while we still can, let's give this a shot, why don't we?" rather than a "This is what we do now." I don't see NIN ever being the type of band that does anniversary tours. This is the band that on TDS' 25th anniversary, while touring heavily, didn't really do a whole special around it and only added in one to two additional songs beyond the generic "hits" staples from it they always do. Why Trent would ever have interest in a 26th anniversary of anything is beyond me, not to mention his vocal hatred of Kinda I Want To. Why people allow themselves to get hyped up by those sorts of rumors is beyond me.

They pulled that with Broken at a Chicago show during the wave goodbye tour. Pinion, Wish, Last... then Discipline. This was after he had played TDS front to back once or twice already too. Fucking tease.

fillow
05-16-2016, 12:05 PM
So basically TR just has to figure out how to rearrange Happiness in Slavery, because everything else has been played live in 2009-2014.

Ryan
05-16-2016, 12:07 PM
They pulled that with Broken at a Chicago show during the wave goodbye tour. Pinion, Wish, Last... then Discipline. This was after he had played TDS front to back once or twice already too. Fucking tease.

It would have hurt more if he played Help Me I Am In Hell after Last, then followed it up with Discipline. Far out, imagine that.

implanted_microchip
05-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Part of me wants Trent to play literally everything -- even the silent tracks -- from Broken live one night except for Happiness In Slavery just because my desire to see an entire fanbase fold in on itself like a black hole is larger than my desire to see that song done live again.

elevenism
05-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah, we're talking about different things here. For one Tool sells out their shows pretty much the minute they go on sale, so they don't need a co-headliner to help sell tickets and split profits.

Arenas as are the typical basketball and hockey venues, anywhere from 11,000 (or so) to about 20,000 capacity depending on venue and configuration. Stadiums are the baseball and football fields that hold 35,000+ or whatever insane amount of people.
ahhh, thanks for clearing that up. (and I'M not being an ass ;) )

as far as NIN teasing, when i saw them at 94 and 95, the played reptile or burn or something, and then trent came to the mic and sang "and goddamn this noise inside my heaaaaaad...."
and then started playing NOT the becoming.

ryanmcfly
05-16-2016, 02:30 PM
Happiness in Slavery could get the Sanctified treatment and be reworked into a more electronic song.

magnolia
05-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Riot Fest?

I'd love to be proven wrong, (especially since I already have tickets to go this year), but NIN doesn't seem like the right fit for Riot Fest, do they? Maybe that's just me?

On a related note to that, Riot Fest is running a contest that started today and ends tomorrow for people to try to guess their lineup: http://www.redeyechicago.com/trending/redeye-riot-fest-sucks-now-guess-their-lineup-20160513-story.html

And if I'm reading the rules on it correctly, it says the lineup is going to be announced on Wednesday May 18th.

somewhat_
05-20-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm certainly not counting on nine inch nails being the unlisted headliner at riot fest. At this point, based on previous timing of tour announcements, if something isn't announced by June 10 I don't think they will be touring this year.

Hazekiah
05-20-2016, 06:47 PM
I'd love to be proven wrong, (especially since I already have tickets to go this year), but NIN doesn't seem like the right fit for Riot Fest, do they? Maybe that's just me?

On a related note to that, Riot Fest is running a contest that started today and ends tomorrow for people to try to guess their lineup: http://www.redeyechicago.com/trending/redeye-riot-fest-sucks-now-guess-their-lineup-20160513-story.html

And if I'm reading the rules on it correctly, it says the lineup is going to be announced on Wednesday May 18th.

I know I was kind of shittalking the idea myself earlier...but, in all fairness, the last time I almost went to Riot Fest it was being headlined by The Cure. Back in 2014, I think?

So it's not as if it's just a bunch of hxc bands or w/e.

heavenly_bearded
05-21-2016, 09:17 AM
I've read that Rage Against The Machine is the unannounced band for Riot Fest. Which makes sense with their new countdown site.

Just speculation but it's a good fit.

fortysixand2
05-21-2016, 10:02 AM
I've read that Rage Against The Machine is the unannounced band for Riot Fest. Which makes sense with their new countdown site.

Just speculation but it's a good fit.
RATM isn't happening. It's everybody from RATM (minus Zach) plus Chuck D and B-Real and I really hope they're not the other Riot Fest headliner.

FernandoDante
05-22-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm certainly not counting on nine inch nails being the unlisted headliner at riot fest. At this point, based on previous timing of tour announcements, if something isn't announced by June 10 I don't think they will be touring this year.

The complete absence of rumors makes me lose hope for any NIN in 2016. Last time around we at least had Adrian Belew spilling the beans early on.

somewhat_
05-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Last time around we had TR all but spill the beans in a Reddit session in late 2012 and the Adrian Belew thing later on. Of course, most people still chose not to believe up until it was announced because it was thought touring was permanently done with. This time around all we have to go on is nin material is coming out, some guy on inforoo is claiming his company is working on the stage setup (presumably moment factory), and just knowing that TR enjoys the element of surprise.

somewhat_
06-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Next week?
https://mobile.twitter.com/VoodooNola/status/738022100993216512/photo/1

Ryan
06-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Next week?

I le hope so.

theimage13
06-02-2016, 03:08 PM
I work with an awful lot of people in both the festival circuit and previous NIN crew, and for what it's worth, I have heard literally nothing at all about them doing festivals this year beyond the speculation in this thread. Could just mean that they've been abnormally tight lipped about it, but personally I'm not getting my hopes up.

somewhat_
06-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I work with an awful lot of people in both the festival circuit and previous NIN crew, and for what it's worth, I have heard literally nothing at all about them doing festivals this year beyond the speculation in this thread. Could just mean that they've been abnormally tight lipped about it, but personally I'm not getting my hopes up.

Assuming you worked in the same capacity during previous tours, were there any times you were particularly surprised to hear about nin touring/playing festivals? Like you said - TR is either doing an extraordinary job at keeping things quiet or the reason things are so quiet is because nothing is going on.

theimage13
06-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Assuming you worked in the same capacity during previous tours, were there any times you were particularly surprised to hear about nin touring/playing festivals? Like you said - TR is either doing an extraordinary job at keeping things quiet or the reason things are so quiet is because nothing is going on.

Nope. As far back as Ghosts, I've generally been aware of at least what kind of activity is brewing before it's been officially announced. I don't think any generic "hey we're playing this year" announcements have caught me off guard lately.

ninlive
06-02-2016, 09:03 PM
At this point, I just want an EP or something!

botley
06-02-2016, 10:15 PM
At this point, I just want an EP or something!
Hesitation Marks: Selected Instrumentals

theimage13
06-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Hesitation Marks: Selected Instrumentals

Track one: Eater of Dreams
Track two: Black Noise

TheRealNs1
06-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Next week?

the Tool guys are convinced that Tool is going to headline one of those nights.

Ryan
06-03-2016, 09:20 PM

Whenever I hear of that band's name anymore I just get three giant letters float across my mind: "L O L"

FernandoDante
06-06-2016, 11:17 PM
The fact that a Tool gig is more likely than NIN kinda makes me sad. They need to get their ass in the studio and actually come up with something. I wish Trent were selling out arenas with massive productions.

somewhat_
06-07-2016, 03:58 PM
No voodoo. Touring is looking very unlikely for 2016.

virushopper
06-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Is the Riot fest the only festival still left?

fillow
06-08-2016, 07:13 AM
Who do people keep expecting festivals instead of proper shows??

WorzelG
06-08-2016, 07:25 AM
I've already got human league, Jean Michel Jarre, The Cure and Gary Numan earmarked for this year. I can't get out to that many shows so I really hope there is no tour till next year

TheRealNs1
06-08-2016, 01:25 PM

because festivals pay bills?

somewhat_
06-08-2016, 07:00 PM

Nine inch nails plays at least one festival every time they tour. TR has even stated the money he makes from playing festivals helps to offset the costs of his high production show used in the proper arena shows.

witte
06-09-2016, 10:17 AM
as i mentioned early may in another topic. i think that my theory fits ;)

i don't expect a tour this year.
new music, yes, but some sort of tour i expect before the summer of 2017.
the reznor family has a third child, members of the current live line-up are on tour right now and/or doing their own thing and before a tour, first they need to rehearsal which also takes some time.

so be patient.
trent was good for us the last couple of years.

somewhat_
06-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Cat out of the bag? https://www.behance.net/gallery/37977171/MOMENT-FACTORY-NIN

Edit:

Thoughts (assuming this is legit stuff that actually means something):

Looks year zeroish

I sent this guy a message. It's probably best if we don't all bombard him.

This guy posted this the same day he joined the site, meaning this research could have been from quite awhile ago.

bryan_NIN65
06-18-2016, 08:54 PM
It says published June 3 2016 it seems that if it is that rough I won't be till next year. It seems he also works on other Moment Factory stuff also. Looking at the drawing I am wondering what the hell we will be in store for.

somewhat_
06-18-2016, 09:04 PM
It says published June 3 2016 it seems that if it is that rough I won't be till next year.

I was thinking the same until I saw that he joined the site on the same date, meaning even if this was from last year, it wouldn't have been posted until the date he joined anyway.

bryan_NIN65
06-18-2016, 09:44 PM
I see, thanks.

Ryan
06-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Let's upload this elsewhere so it doesn't vanish -

Recherches de concepts pour une concert de Nine inch nails.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2emixcg.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/676zj8.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2u7lff9.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/29o34ia.jpg

implanted_microchip
06-18-2016, 10:46 PM
What exactly does any of that mean?

Ryan
06-18-2016, 11:04 PM

It means I'm going to grab your ass because it's all so exciting.

Your Name Here
06-18-2016, 11:41 PM

WorzelG
06-19-2016, 02:10 AM
I thought that Hesitation Marks was the perfect bookend to the introspective side of NIN so is Trent now writing an album about Godzilla?
He's always liked science fiction though so I would be totally down for a Year Zeroish thing. I just hope it can go international whatever it is

nooneimportant
06-19-2016, 06:45 AM

Trent will reveal what his favorite Gundam is.

otnavuskire
06-19-2016, 07:34 AM
I'm assuming they're concept drawings for past tours, not an upcoming one. If it was for an upcoming tour, he'd be bound by confidentiality agreements and would be in deep doodoo for posting those.

Deepvoid
06-19-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm assuming they're concept drawings for past tours, not an upcoming one. If it was for an upcoming tour, he'd be bound by confidentiality agreements and would be in deep doodoo for posting those.

My thoughts as well. Moment Factory aren't stupid enough to leak something related to an up coming tour. They got a good thing going on with NIN and they know the rules.

Krazy
06-19-2016, 01:31 PM
I'll be the cynic and guess it's a troll job lol. Origami stage and some monster on stage- all of it looks a bit ridiculous, along with the stage being about 30 feet above the crowd.

somewhat_
06-19-2016, 04:38 PM

Sadly, it looks like you're most likely correct: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/arthur-segura-36375331

It looks like he left moment factory in February of 2015. This was probably a Tension concept.

implanted_microchip
06-19-2016, 05:01 PM
This was probably a Tension concept.

When I saw the drawings I actually thought more the 2014 lineup since it was for four members.

icklekitty
06-20-2016, 08:52 AM

Agree; while we can almost rule out festivals now there's still half a year left for regular gigs. I guesstimated that either we/d hear something around May/June or September/October. I had one week's notice for the Scala show in 2013.

Deepvoid
06-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Summer festivals are booked late 2015. Forget about it guys.
I doesn't make any sense to have fall shows if there's no new material release before.
Until we hear something about the new material, I'm 100% convinced there won't be any shows.

Leviathant
06-20-2016, 10:51 PM
The artist worked at Moment Factory from 2012 to 2015, and no longer works there. This was probably one of his first jobs there. (https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/4osqaz/new_stage_concepts_for_next_nin_tour_futuristic/d4fjad4)

icklekitty
06-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Summer festivals are booked late 2015. Forget about it guys.
I doesn't make any sense to have fall shows if there's no new material release before.
Until we hear something about the new material, I'm 100% convinced there won't be any shows.

In December Trent said there would be new material in 2016. I know he's not the best at following through on his promises (soon) but speculation seems warranted on that basis.

Ash512
06-22-2016, 05:38 PM
I asked the artist : it was for Tension.
He changed his post title and apologies for the confusion ;)

Deepvoid
06-22-2016, 05:53 PM
In December Trent said there would be new material in 2016. I know he's not the best at following through on his promises (soon) but speculation seems warranted on that basis.

I still believe we're gonna hear some new stuff before the end of the year. Tour dates are another thing. Fall release with 2017 tour would make sense.

TheRealNs1
06-22-2016, 07:18 PM

still waiting...

http://diffuser.fm/files/2015/04/nin_strobe.jpg

somewhat_
07-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately, we can probably rename this thread to 2017 live speculation and let the tumble weeds roll through for at least a few months.

sheepdean
07-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately, we can probably rename this thread to 2017 live speculation and let the tumble weeds roll through for at least a few months.
2022 speculation: is the alien hand coming from the sky promotional material? Also why does the water taste weird

Ryan
07-09-2016, 11:12 PM
Whenever it happens, he better pull one of these during the first gig again.

http://www.ryan-s.org/copyofalol.gif

nooneimportant
07-10-2016, 12:28 AM
I doubt there is any NIN show this year at all but hey I've seen stranger things happen with other bands.

WorzelG
07-10-2016, 02:11 AM
I want a tour at least before this Brexit shit happens because i'd like to maybe see them in Paris or Prague without having to get a fucking visa!

somewhat_
07-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Hell, why not keep the thread going - I was watching some random live videos and ran across some comments from people that think they know what's up (of course, they probably know nothing):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JosyNkMvTQo

ManBurning
08-02-2016, 03:53 AM

Do we know if he'll ever tour again? He will won't he? He usually misses touring despite admitting how much he usually hates it.

I was watching that Live tension performance the other day, and damn it made me start missing seeing NIN live. I hope he goes at it again for another round soon.

botley
08-04-2016, 03:08 PM
You're lucky no one facepalmed that post just for ending on the S word.

Ryan
08-05-2016, 08:28 AM
The massive Not True tour coming soon.

Not that farfetched considering *nothing* records, right? And Null.

fillow
08-05-2016, 09:06 AM
They're gonna start with Now I'm Nothing, play Me I'm Not, No You Don't, I Do Not Want This in the middle and end with Zero-Sum.

ManBurning
08-05-2016, 12:11 PM
They're gonna start with Now I'm Nothing, play Me I'm Not, No You Don't, I Do Not Want This in the middle and end with Zero-Sum.

Sounds like a great show to me!

Ryan
08-05-2016, 09:32 PM

And do an encore cover of Depeche Mode's Nothing.

somewhat_
08-11-2016, 07:59 PM
This was posted by the guy who stated late last year/early this year that he worked on a crew that worked on the stage show - this was posted on August 3:

"New Nine Inch Nails single announced today, will be released in September, album to follow in early-December. I know for a fact they're touring beginning in Dec."

http://www.inforoo.com/thread/35291/2017-headliner-thread?page=85

Obviously, he fell for the false single information, but that doesn't mean the rest can't be true?

implanted_microchip
08-12-2016, 11:01 AM
This was posted by the guy who stated late last year/early this year that he worked on a crew that worked on the stage show - this was posted on August 3:

"New Nine Inch Nails single announced today, will be released in September, album to follow in early-December. I know for a fact they're touring beginning in Dec."

Obviously, he fell for the false single information, but that doesn't mean the rest can't be true?

I would put zero faith in any of this. I mean, it's still totally possible that the single isn't bullshit and Trent's just lying like he likes to do (and, really, if you're going to announce projects that never see the light of the day it only follows to denounce the existence projects you are releasing) but I doubt it heavily. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised about all this than majorly disappointed.

Also I find it hard to picture a tour starting in December. You'd figure they'd hit up some festival dates to shake the dust off and get some attention. I know everyone sort of expects smaller tours but knowing Trent I would be kinda surprised if he didn't go big next tour in terms of scale. The guy loves pushing what a live show can do and I think he knows they've not pushed that for a bit now. Then again maybe I'm just subconsciously hoping to have my own Lights In the Sky moment since I never got to catch that tour.

somewhat_
08-12-2016, 11:09 AM
If the December thing were to be true, it would be nice if they did it kind of like with teeth where they played clubs/theatres for a few months before hitting the festival/arena circuit. But yes, starting a tour in December does seem odd, especially considering holidays and what not.

implanted_microchip
08-12-2016, 11:20 AM
It's entirely possible though that if we're gonna dream here we should dream big and hope that this is the long-awaited Nine Inch Noels Christmas album/tour! Dive & slam down the chimney

Ryan
08-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Deck the halls with fists and fucking! Tra la la la laa la la la laa.

theimage13
08-19-2016, 08:20 AM

As someone with a good number of friends from recent NIN tours (not guys who know guys who worked on one show), I can say that I have heard absolutely 100% nothing about any plans for them to tour this year. Not sarcasm. We all keep each other informed about who we're out with, who's on deck, and who we hope we get. Nails haven't been mentioned one single time.

Having said that, you read it here first: Nine Inch Nails are co-headlining the KISS FM Jingle Ball with Selena Gomez this year. Spoiler alert for the main gag: Trent Reznor, dressed as Santa Claus, crooning "I want to feel you from the inside" to a dancer dressed as someone's chimney.

DVYDRNS
08-21-2016, 04:53 PM
nobody starts a tour in december.

Krazy
08-21-2016, 05:36 PM
nobody starts a tour in december.

Jesus would.

Heh

somewhat_
08-21-2016, 08:12 PM
As someone with a good number of friends from recent NIN tours (not guys who know guys who worked on one show), I can say that I have heard absolutely 100% nothing about any plans for them to tour this year. Not sarcasm. We all keep each other informed about who we're out with, who's on deck, and who we hope we get. Nails haven't been mentioned one single time.

Out of curiosity, at what point do you usually find out when nine inch nails is touring? Is it when rehearsals begin? How many months ahead of time do rehearsals take place before touring starts?

theimage13
08-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Out of curiosity, at what point do you usually find out when nine inch nails is touring? Is it when rehearsals begin? How many months ahead of time do rehearsals take place before touring starts?

In general, whether it's a stadium tour, an arena tour, or just a theater tour, full tech rehearsals typically end right before the tour starts (i.e. they don't rehearse then take more time off before the tour starts). The complexity of the tour and its elements dictate the length of rehearsals, which can be anything from a few days to a month or more. But there's a ton of prep work that goes into a show with a lot of moving parts and custom designs, before rehearsals even begin. It's not uncommon for planning to begin 6+ months before a run even begins.

somewhat_
08-28-2016, 04:35 PM
...well this is something

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJqbvNgg5Hc/

NIN live 2016?/2017! As a five piece...?

thatguymark
08-28-2016, 05:00 PM
That's a cool photo....but seeing as that's the Festival 2013 line-up in a photo shared by the guy that shot the 2013 promotion, and they all look exactly like they did at that time - hairstyles and all, I'm going to have to wager that's an older shot that just hasn't been shared until now. Also, Ilan's been playing shows and is about to be back on the road with The New Regime, so there's that.

pcpunk
08-28-2016, 05:41 PM
that's too bad, i'd love for Josh Eustis to be back in the band. he was my second fave bass player behind Danny. (sorry Jordie and Pino)

somewhat_
08-28-2016, 05:45 PM
That's a cool photo....but seeing as that's the Festival 2013 line-up in a photo shared by the guy that shot the 2013 promotion, and they all look exactly like they did at that time - hairstyles and all, I'm going to have to wager that's an older shot that just hasn't been shared until now. Also, Ilan's been playing shows and is about to be back on the road with The New Regime, so there's that.

I can see why you would think that but why would he wait three years to thank a large group of people and also state this: "Feels good to saddle up again and having this posse of white hats with me ;)"?

Bachy
08-28-2016, 05:53 PM
I'm also leaning towards that being an old promo shot from the 2013 festival tour.

implanted_microchip
08-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Quick guys let's compare recent photos of Alessandro's hair-length to that photo and get to the bottom of this whole mess

somewhat_
08-28-2016, 05:54 PM
I can see why you would think that but why would he wait three years to thank a large group of people and also state this: "Feels good to saddle up again and having this posse of white hats with me ;)"?

Of course, someone with an Instagram account could ask the photographer and maybe he will let us know.

Bachy
08-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Especially after the bogus "Dive and Slam" news leak, I'm fairly certain there's going to be little to no doubt when something major/new regarding NIN is coming out since it will be coming directly from Trent. When something's ready, he'll let us know.

arsenic
08-28-2016, 06:19 PM
that's almost certainly an old picture. Alessandro has been traveling around Europe for something like the past two weeks as he's playing at Atonal in Berlin (the same is for Josh, in fact both are playing in Berlin tonight).
The photographer is the one who shot those pictures:

http://cdn.mbl.is/frimg/6/98/698967.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8b/30/86/8b3086697533158727bd2e9ee6f091cc.jpg

arsenic
08-28-2016, 08:13 PM
there's actually a three day window in which Alessandro could have flown back to LA, have his hair cut, (https://www.instagram.com/p/BJkjp6VARxS/?taken-by=where_is_emilie) take this picture and go back to Berlin. Although it is unlikely, it might have happened.

skullboy0
08-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Or this pic from further back in his feed.

https://scontent-mia1-2.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13549557_272677626446003_1356920704_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHjw1Lag30B/

RJK
08-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Alessandro did cut his hair very recently.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJkjp6VARxS/

somewhat_
08-29-2016, 04:14 AM
This might be a teaser photo. As in it is from 2013, but as described in his Instagram message, they are working together again. I'm sure he's not allowed to post current photos from the sessions or the sessions haven't happened yet.

sick among the pure
08-29-2016, 08:16 PM
This old/new photo helped me realize one thing about speculative tours: all I care is if Robin is or is not with the next touring band lineup. Obviously I'll still go to shows if he's not, but it just doesn't feel like NIN live without Robin. He is what was missing at the WT shows I went to, for sure.

nooneimportant
08-29-2016, 11:11 PM
This old/new photo helped me realize one thing about speculative tours: all I care is if Robin is or is not with the next touring band lineup. Obviously I'll still go to shows if he's not, but it just doesn't feel like NIN live without Robin. He is what was missing at the WT shows I went to, for sure.

It's not a true NIN show unless Robin Finck casually walks across the stage.

sick among the pure
08-30-2016, 02:03 PM

While staring at the audience, completely dead-pan.

elevenism
08-30-2016, 02:29 PM
i'm with you guys about Robin. His backup "singing" is essential.
It was awesome to see him on the TDS shows and Fragility and LITS.
In fact, i don't think i've seen an nin show without him.

theimage13
08-30-2016, 07:01 PM
NIN live 2016?/2017! As a five piece...?

From the caption, that sounds way more like it's just a throwback post, and the photographer is just talking about being glad to be working again and simply chose a random shot from a memorable shoot to go with it. I wouldn't read anything more into it.

WorzelG
09-03-2016, 05:25 AM
I think i'm probably reaching a bit here but I sometimes check out who TR is following on Twitter on the off chance it reveals what might be going on, the last band he followed was Mogwai who just seem like exactly the sort of band who he would take on as a support on a US tour. Anyway could be he's just got into them I suppose (I think it would be an awesome UK tour combination too)

somewhat_
09-04-2016, 09:18 AM
I think i'm probably reaching a bit here but I sometimes check out who TR is following on Twitter on the off chance it reveals what might be going on, the last band he followed was Mogwai who just seem like exactly the sort of band who he would take on as a support on a US tour. Anyway could be he's just got into them I suppose (I think it would be an awesome UK tour combination too)

I've got even further of a reach:

I listen to my local rock radio station on Sunday mornings periodically, as they have a classic alternative show for a few hours - something about having a block of actual good music on terrestrial radio is still interesting to me. Anyways, enough of the justification of listening to the radio.

During a commercial break they were advertising a concert announcement coming at 7:00 am Tuesday. Something about it being super secretive and having to keep his lips sealed until then and how people are going to piss their pants. It will probably be one of the shitty bands they play outside of the "classic alternative" program, but what if?

Btw, they do play plenty of nin during the "classic alternative" session, and last I checked they still play closer every once in a while outside of that program.

Harry Seaward
09-04-2016, 02:00 PM
all I care is if Robin is or is not with the next touring band lineup

While staring at the audience, completely dead-pan.

i'm with you guys about Robin.

Robin Finck is fucking awesome. His stage presence is one of my favorites, even as minimal as it is. It's like there's a lithium-dosed demon astral projecting into him. Killer. Super nice and gracious in person, too. First place guitar face probably goes to Dean Ween* though.

(Last place goes to Adam Jones*, who seems to have had his face stuck in the =| position as a child. I've been to several Tool shows and met Adam several times and it's always the same face. It's true what mothers say.)

*Pics for reference.

https://i.imgur.com/ME8BOq7.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/gIghoJy.jpg

NotoriousTIMP
09-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Am I the only one who misses Danny being in the group?

somewhat_
09-06-2016, 06:31 AM
I've got even further of a reach:

I listen to my local rock radio station on Sunday mornings periodically, as they have a classic alternative show for a few hours - something about having a block of actual good music on terrestrial radio is still interesting to me. Anyways, enough of the justification of listening to the radio.

During a commercial break they were advertising a concert announcement coming at 7:00 am Tuesday. Something about it being super secretive and having to keep his lips sealed until then and how people are going to piss their pants. It will probably be one of the shitty bands they play outside of the "classic alternative" program, but what if?

Btw, they do play plenty of nin during the "classic alternative" session, and last I checked they still play closer every once in a while outside of that program.

It was Green Day

sick among the pure
09-06-2016, 05:58 PM

I unfortunately never got to see him live. I became a fan right after the Fragility tour had just came by my area, and didn't get really into NIN until when AATCHB/Still came out. And of course I didn't have the money to fly across the country when he was a guest for the Wave Goodbye club shows.
I would absolutely LOVE to have Danny and Robin together again, especially with Josh Freese (knowing how they're all good friends together and had a lot of fun outside of touring).

arsenic
09-09-2016, 06:39 PM

almost spot on : )

WorzelG
09-10-2016, 02:47 AM
almost spot on : )
He followed Marc Maron a while back when people were asking him to do a Trent podcast and I thought we might get an interview out of that, but not yet!

implanted_microchip
09-10-2016, 03:12 AM
He followed Marc Maron a while back when people were asking him to do a Trent podcast and I thought we might get an interview out of that, but not yet!
I would love nothing more than for him to do a WTF episode. The older cranky recovery chat between them alone would be instantly-classic Marc material.

elevenism
09-12-2016, 11:43 AM
i guess i saw old Renholder live twice, but i was like 14 and there were no internets per se, and i really had no idea WHO was on stage other than trent.

That being said, listening to his remixes and whatnot, as well as Still (pretty sure he was on there,) i imagine he brought a hell of a lot to the group from a creative standpoint. I'd love to see him back in the lineup.

theimage13
09-13-2016, 08:45 AM
i imagine he brought a hell of a lot to the group from a creative standpoint. I'd love to see him back in the lineup.

I was always under the impression that Trent WAS the creative force of NIN, by which I mean to say no one else in the "band" really had a say in anything and they basically just played what he told them to play. I even thought that was a primary reason for a lot of departures - people saying they were annoyed that they had no input. I could also be totally wrong, in which case please feel free to set me straight.

But as for live - I never saw him in person with NIN, only in live videos. His presence did seem to work well in the 90's "let's everyone run around drugged up and break shit" sort of stage show, but honestly, I think I actually preferred JMJ and Pino. I'm probably alone there.

niggo
09-13-2016, 11:12 AM
If you ask me, JMJ was by far the best bass player NIN ever had. Usually I don't notice the difference between bass players that much (except for a guy like Pino maybe, where it's really obvious) but JMJ really added a whole fucking lot of quality to nearly every song. I especially fell in love with The Big Come Down from the LITS tour.

sick among the pure
09-13-2016, 08:46 PM
I was always under the impression that Trent WAS the creative force of NIN, by which I mean to say no one else in the "band" really had a say in anything and they basically just played what he told them to play. I even thought that was a primary reason for a lot of departures - people saying they were annoyed that they had no input. I could also be totally wrong, in which case please feel free to set me straight.

But as for live - I never saw him in person with NIN, only in live videos. His presence did seem to work well in the 90's "let's everyone run around drugged up and break shit" sort of stage show, but honestly, I think I actually preferred JMJ and Pino. I'm probably alone there.

I've kinda heard both, where they had no creative input but also how ___ member contributed a little to the sound of ___ song kind of thing. Which could honestly just be the style of playing the instrument (like how Trent specifically wanted Dave Grohl for WT). It would be interesting to find out how much the band members made an impact on the sound of a song/album both in the studio as well as live rehearsals and performance (the latter being a little more obvious to spot, but we don't really know if it's because of Trent's direction or because of their individual play style and preference for how a part should go).

Deadpool
09-14-2016, 10:38 PM
If you ask me, JMJ was by far the best bass player NIN ever had. Usually I don't notice the difference between bass players that much (except for a guy like Pino maybe, where it's really obvious) but JMJ really added a whole fucking lot of quality to nearly every song. I especially fell in love with The Big Come Down from the LITS tour.

My fav JMJ contribution is probably what he did with "God Given" on the Lights in the Sky tour (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Mr7kwZXHs) – a song that easily could have been tackled the same way as "Me, I'm Not", "Vessel", or "The Great Destroyer" was instead approached as a full-band tune. Those awesome bass licks are forever etched into my brain. I fucking love Robin's guitar solo at the end, too.

Kid A
09-15-2016, 08:21 AM
Agreed. JMJ is the best NIN bass player. I'm seeing Beck next week and I'm really bummed he's no longer touring with him. JMJ's focusing on producing now. Pino's obviously a great player, but he has zero stage presence. 2008/2009 lineups FTW!

bobbie solo
09-16-2016, 12:00 AM
is he still a fucking Scientologist?

elevenism
09-20-2016, 01:25 PM
is he still a fucking Scientologist?
Ha! he hangs out with Beck a lot, so...

Jesus christ, look at his fucking recording and performance history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Meldal-Johnsen#Credits). He's like the Josh Freese of bass playing.

For me, Pino is by FAR the best NIN bass player. He really brought something special to the sound. Anyone who can halfway play guitar could play as well as most nin bassists.

thefragile_jake
09-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Listened to the Fragile yesterday for the first time in awhile and revisited the 2013 Tension Vimeo upload on YouTube...got me thinking a lot about what's the future for touring for Nine Inch Nails. I guess at this point, 2016 is just a huge question mark for a possible new album...but I have a feeling for sure that we won't see any tour news this year.

That being said, I mean...what can we even expect tour wise from Trent at this point? Is he going to want to do another arena tour like he did for Hesitation Marks? I know he kind of downplays the idea of being on tour for long periods of time, but I know he has the itch to play music in front of large groups of people every night. Hopefully we'll get some kind of tour going in 2017 at least. I've never seen a show on a tour more than once, so I'm hoping that if we get similar dates like we did for the fall tour in 2013...I can try and catch at least two shows.

niggo
09-21-2016, 04:25 PM
For me, Pino is by FAR the best NIN bass player. He really brought something special to the sound. Anyone who can halfway play guitar could play as well as most nin bassists.

I don't know. I can appreciate Pino and the incredible skill this guy has. But for me his kinda funky way of playing the bass lacks a certain aggressiveness.

If I had to describe JMJ's bass playing I would go with "thick and raw". Fucking love that.

somewhat_
09-22-2016, 10:50 AM
"nine inch nails are definitely out, wont be ready before fall 2017."

https://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?87330-2017-Wishlist&p=3096364#post3096364

If it's true, then a tour will happen but we will have to wait a year. Also, if true, I don't see new nine inch nails coming out in 2016.

WorzelG
09-22-2016, 12:24 PM
"nine inch nails are definitely out, wont be ready before fall 2017."

https://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?87330-2017-Wishlist&p=3096364#post3096364

If it's true, then a tour will happen but we will have to wait a year. Also, if true, I don't see new nine inch nails coming out in 2016.
After that Bonaroo thread talk of NIN being ready for may this year, no December this year, i'm not taking any random guy on the internet at face value again

theimage13
09-22-2016, 07:45 PM
After listening to HM on the way to work today, it reminded me that I actually really preferred Pino for that tour. Loved Justin in the shows I caught, but both the style and the tone that the bass lines took on HM? Pino nailed those. I honestly don't see Justin playing them quite the same way. Would he still be good? I'm sure. But Pino brought a very studio-esque precision and replication to the parts that just worked. Justin's style - and frankly, most bassists' style - has some wiggle room and makes the live show sound a little different. Pino made that tour sound like the album, but live. And for me, that was a great way to present those songs.

Oh, and re: Coachella? I can safely say that

(just kidding, I don't know anything about Coachella)

opal
09-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Justin didn't play on the Hesitation Marks touring circle. Joshua Eustis did.

Pino did some amazing things from what I heard only from the VEVO Tension video, but to me, while it may have expanded NIN's sound, it didn't really fit.

Take Sanctified. I prefer the version with the more "rigid" bassline that Josh played.

fillow
09-23-2016, 07:18 AM
I want David J as the next NIN bassist.

elevenism
09-30-2016, 11:42 PM
my heart is broken as again, i fear that there will be no tour. sigh.

witte
10-03-2016, 07:07 AM
maybe the same strategy: sabbatical for 4 years (just like last time and, remember, his family got a new child). so, a new album fall 2017, new tour 2018. ;) no problem!

TheRealNs1
10-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Justin didn't play on the Hesitation Marks touring circle. Joshua Eustis did.

Pino did some amazing things from what I heard only from the VEVO Tension video, but to me, while it may have expanded NIN's sound, it didn't really fit.

Take Sanctified. I prefer the version with the more "rigid" bassline that Josh played.

I'm with you - I prefer Josh's bassline way more than Pino's - Pino's had a little too much going on and didn't have that NIN edge IMO.

Kid A
10-06-2016, 08:50 AM
I'm with both of you guys. I preferred the way Josh (and Ilan) played Sanctified.

buckaroo
10-06-2016, 09:05 AM
I'm with both of you guys. I preferred the way Josh (and Ilan) played Sanctified.

Maybe this is because I am a bass player, but Pino was hands-down the best bass player on that tour and technically the best they have ever had. I actually dislike the bass line to the version of Sanctified they played without him. The bass line in that songs is what makes it for me.

On a side note, I thought Josh was the worst "bass player" they have had, both in terms of playing and stage performance. I'm sure he is a great guy, but I really thought he didn't fit. Pino maybe didn't fit with nin in general, but he was a really good fit for that incarnation of the band in my opinion.

witte
10-22-2016, 04:33 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLyhNQNj6sl/?taken-by=momentfactory
aberrant answer...

Deepvoid
10-22-2016, 11:29 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLyhNQNj6sl/?taken-by=momentfactory
aberrant answer...

Are you referring to the "for now ;)" ?
I think we could lock this thread and start the 2017 Live Speculation thread at this point in time.

somewhat_
10-26-2016, 08:36 PM
I couldn't think of where I should post this or if I should post this at all, but the last bit has me curious....https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/791129839398973440

der_wahnsinn
11-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Maybe this is because I am a bass player, but Pino was hands-down the best bass player on that tour and technically the best they have ever had. I actually dislike the bass line to the version of Sanctified they played without him. The bass line in that songs is what makes it for me.

On a side note, I thought Josh was the worst "bass player" they have had, both in terms of playing and stage performance. I'm sure he is a great guy, but I really thought he didn't fit. Pino maybe didn't fit with nin in general, but he was a really good fit for that incarnation of the band in my opinion.

To be fair, Josh isn't really a bass player. He's more along the lines of someone with a solid understanding of guitar and can play bass by extension. I prefer Pino in terms of technique and fluidity, but I kind of liked the more raw style Josh had. It actually reminded me of how Danny used to sound

theimage13
11-14-2016, 11:13 AM
I couldn't think of where I should post this or if I should post this at all, but the last bit has me curious....https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/791129839398973440

It means "I'm doing a lot of shit so I'm going to drop off the face of the earth for a bit brb". It doesn't mean anything at all about NIN.