PDA

View Full Version : The Tomb Raider Thread

Space Suicide
12-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Express your love for the series here, anticipation for the 2012 reboot or your weird sex infused fantasies with Lara Croft (she's not even real, sickos).

2012 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFBrgeSjj-0

Looks amazing. WANT NOW.

I still need to beat Legend and Underworld tbh haha.

BenAkenobi
12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
i liked Legend, Anniversary and Underworld trilogy, haven't played previous games.
never managed to finish "croft manor" training maps, seems like a riddle with too many loose ends;
every area has an object to activate but what should happen next is totally unclear and camera doesn't seem to give hint about destination...

carpenoctem
12-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I've been a fan since the Tomb Raider II demo that came with my first PlayStation back in, like, 1996? Something like that. It was the Great Wall level. It's incredible to see how far Lara's come! This seems like a cross between Tomb Raider and Lost which makes me super excited. Can't wait to see what it has to offer. Hope the shooting mechanics have been totally revamped.

Hula
12-23-2011, 02:44 PM
every area has an object to activate but what should happen next is totally unclear and camera doesn't seem to give hint about destination...

Don't know if you'd like the older games, in that case—the levels are pretty straight forward but it's not spoon-fed to you where you should be going. I always liked that about the series, myself. It seems like the move to PS2 turned the games into an entirely different beast :/

I'm looking forward to the new game, if only to see which direction it takes the series.

BenAkenobi
12-24-2011, 09:53 AM
the levels are pretty straight forward but it's not spoon-fed to you where you should be going

well, i like challenge, i had no problems with main story mode (in fact i almost avoided using medkits),
but the Croft Manor seems to have bad logic - Lara gets lost in her own house, really?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Dam, can they make her any hotter? Cannot wait for this.

Space Suicide
12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Tomb Raider has 3 pre-order bonus waves at Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop. (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tomb-Raider-Pre-Order-Bonuses-Include-DLC-Art-Book-47925.html)

I pre-ordered the game at Gamestop but might retract it and go to Best Buy for once...unsure.

www.tombraider.com/preorder (http://www.tombraider.com/preorder)

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
The collectors edition pre-order looks like it is aimed for a 15 year old.. I'll pass. But this game is going to be incredible from the articles and the analysis of the beginning of the game and how it starts. Seems like survival will play a big part in it.

Fixer808
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
A realistically proportioned Lara Croft?! 'Bout time, game designers, that shit was getting ridiculous.

Space Suicide
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFhLS7DmLlc

Old news but fucking hell I went and re-watched this and can't be anymore stoked. Want. It. Now.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-14-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/14/tomb-raider-guide-to-survival

Really cannot WAIT for this game.

kdrcraig
12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I've never played the series but I saw the trailer on the VGAs and I gotta say it looks pretty damn awesome. Might have to check it out when it releases.

klyrish
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
I just read the article for this in the latest Game Informer and I'm really excited for it. It looks like an awesome, legitimate game, not just a vehicle for some huge-breasted, scantily clad woman to run around and give nerds a hardon because that's the closest they're ever going to get to seeing a woman.

pigpen
12-17-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't know, it looks intriguing.. I've been a fan of the series since Tomb Raider II, and this kind of seems like they've sort of melded Call of Duty into the game, which I don't know how I feel about..
I'll reserve judgement, though.. seems strange

Space Suicide
12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
I don't know, it looks intriguing.. I've been a fan of the series since Tomb Raider II, and this kind of seems like they've sort of melded Call of Duty into the game, which I don't know how I feel about..
I'll reserve judgement, though.. seems strange

Call of Duty? How? If anything it resembles the Uncharted and Assassin's Creed style.

pigpen
12-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah, that's a better comparison.. I was thinking that you could see the guy you're controlling in COD, but now that I think about it, it's a fps..
My mistake, you're right, it does look a lot more like those games. Looks fun either way, though..

Space Suicide
01-09-2013, 07:16 AM
This game is inevitably going to have a multiplayer portion. (http://www.trueachievements.com/n11916/tomb-raider-reveals-multiplayer-with-new-dev-diary.htm)

BUT it doesn't look bad and it has a pretty much a Uncharted look and flow. I'd play it but I agree that it's unnecessary.

Madmya
01-22-2013, 06:08 AM
I love Tomb Raider, the first game is one of my all-time faves way back on the Saturn. I'm worried about the direction of this game. I was super excited about it when the first details dropped, but as time has gone on it's becoming more obvious that they're doing everything they can to make sure this sells a tonne. Fair enough. But that generally means watered down gameplay. Gameplay that makes me think I'm playing but I'm only just. It's doing it all, borrowing heavily from other successful games into one big package. Surely I wasn't the only one who facepalmed when I heard there was a multiplayer mode. I don't have to play it, I know, but I'd rather they focus on single player. I can just see this being one big fat interactive movie, telling me what to do every step of the way and helping me if I get a little lost.

Hey, you just found a med pack! +10xp

Jinsai
01-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Surely I wasn't the only one who facepalmed when I heard there was a multiplayer mode. I don't have to play it, I know, but I'd rather they focus on single player.

I'm sure they're outsourcing the multiplayer portion to a different development team. With games like this they always do.

Space Suicide
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Got my copy today! It's everything I hoped and dreamed for. I was so excited about this. Most wanted game of 2012 but was shot down when rescheduled for today.

It's finally here though!

Just began, great thus far. Besides DmC, this is definitely a GOTY best from me.

As for the multiplayer, it is unneeded but I quite like it and am good at it. Didn't need to be included but doesn't hurt that it is.

Clownboat
03-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Wait, you just got it and just began, yet it's a GOTY already? Maybe want to rein in that hype horse, buddy, because it's taking you to the land of hyperbole.

Space Suicide
03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Wait, you just got it and just began, yet it's a GOTY already? Maybe want to rein in that hype horse, buddy, because it's taking you to the land of hyperbole.

In my personal preference. I meant MY GOTY. Not everyone else's or the gaming community. I can tell already that it won't top anything else this year for me. That's all. Not much else this year besides Metal Gear Rising, DmC and Gears of War: Judgment have caught my eye.

spiralout
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Picked up my copy yesterday and started it last night. Played for about 2 hours. I've been a fan since the first came out on PS1 and I gotta say I couldn't be happier with the way the game has turned out. Very awesome so far.

Wretchedest
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Ive heard this is really good, but ive never played this series before.... how true is it gameplaywise to the original?

Space Suicide
03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Ive heard this is really good, but ive never played this series before.... how true is it gameplaywise to the original?

It's good. It plays somewhat of the old style but tweaked and made more modern. It's a well balanced and good play. I recommend it.

Piko
03-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Thinking about picking this up after work. I was originally skeptical. But, it seems like people are really enjoying it. And I'm liking the videos I've seen for it as well.

Wretchedest
03-08-2013, 11:33 AM
You should! This game is fantastic. The game play is tight and intuitive and this allows the perfect direction and atmosphere to really take hold.
It brilliantly manages to feel grounded in reality while being totally over the top. There's a good two hours in the middle that are some of the best in modern gaming.

Killer graphics too. The only thing that's missing is "Deep"

thelastdisciple
03-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Any spiders in this one? (i always have to ask with games like this considering the atmosphere of islands and possible cave and underground scenarios, even Uncharted 3 had spiders of course those ones didn't bother me too much since they looks like scarabs or ants but if they were like the spiders in Skyrim.... NOPE NOPE NOPE!)

Wretchedest
03-08-2013, 01:40 PM
No spiders yet.

Piko
03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Loved it. I probably played the game all day, yesterday. Kinda bummed I beat it so quickly. But, it was enjoyable enough yo want to keep going. Glad I got it.

Kodiak33
03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
I love this game, GOTY so far for me.

Wretchedest
03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I feel like this would be a GOTY contender in any other year, but this one will see a new Bioshock, a new GTA, some flashy Next Gen shit, and already had Ni No Kuni. This game was PERFECT but it's that kind of year.

But who knows, the last GTA wasn't great and maybe the hype of Bioshock Infinite will crash and burn.

Piko
03-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Its definitely a contender. Has a lot of stiff competition in the near future, alone. Going to be a tough call probably.

Jinsai
03-10-2013, 10:06 PM
we can't worry too much about what the game of the year is at this point. We're barely in.

Besides, I already know my favorite game this year is going to be Tales of Xillia.

Any spiders in this one? (i always have to ask with games like this considering the atmosphere of islands and possible cave and underground scenarios, even Uncharted 3 had spiders of course those ones didn't bother me too much since they looks like scarabs or ants but if they were like the spiders in Skyrim.... NOPE NOPE NOPE!)

This is a real thing? I'm not belittling you, I'm just surprised that the phobia carries over to media. To be honest, I fucking hate spiders, and I used to be really bothered by them. I got over it a bit as I grew up, but even when I was younger I liked movies that messed with me regarding that fear. I saw Arachnophobia in the theaters and it honestly freaked me out, but that's why I enjoyed it.

thelastdisciple
03-11-2013, 12:00 AM
This is a real thing? I'm not belittling you, I'm just surprised that the phobia carries over to media. To be honest, I fucking hate spiders, and I used to be really bothered by them. I got over it a bit as I grew up, but even when I was younger I liked movies that messed with me regarding that fear. I saw Arachnophobia in the theaters and it honestly freaked me out, but that's why I enjoyed it.
Yeah man my phobia of arachnids is pretty extreme, i can't even handle still images of spiders so that means no national geographic magazines for me lol.... my anxiety just goes through the roof and then i get paranoid and i just feel like I'm turning inside out, I'll start hyperventilating and get vertigo. Real life, Films, Games, Still images on the internet (I've got a filter blocking tagged images of spiders on Tumblr). Doesn't matter, i just can't do it...

If i even have to google something that has spider in the title for example maybe using image search for some graphics like for Spider-Man or there's this band called Spiderbait, I'd have to be extremely specific so I'm getting the right images popping up...

With the internet being so unpredictable at every turn though.... trying to spider proof everything is pretty impossible. You'd really think I'd be desensitized by now with the amount of times I've been spooked by the damn things but it never seems to change.

Wretchedest
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM
For what it's worth, now that I've finished the game, I can say with confidence that it is completely without spiders of any size. Which is kind of baffling considering the setting....

Jinsai
03-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Yeah man my phobia of arachnids is pretty extreme

Wow. That sounds awful. I'm sorry that happens to you. Have you tried any therapy to deal with it? I'm not overly enthusiastic about the shrinks, but there's got to be someone who knows what to do about this, because (as I'm sure you know) it's an irrational fear.

Hula
03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Welp, I was pleasantly surprised by this. Would've been GOTY for me if it had been a new IP rather than a reboot of the Tomb Raider series; I feel like the Lara they created wasn't as likeable as the original but the plot and gameplay were good enough to make me get over it. I guess if it had been an entirely new game, it would've been too easy to compare it to games like Uncharted and Far Cry 3 (especially the latter...) without it having the backing of a pre-established franchise.

9/10 as a game in its own right. Maybe 6 or 7/10 as a Tomb Raider game. Still really enjoyable either way, although I don't know how it'll stand up in terms of replay value. The older Tomb Raiders (prior to the debacle that was AoD) were all pretty vast, whereas it only took two days for me to 100% this.

Piko
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I was originally reluctant to play it mostly due to the fact that I never really played the original games. After playing this one, I'm kinda interested in trying out the old ones now.

Hula
04-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Wow, guess we're all too wrapped up in newer games to talk about this. Poor Lara :P

I assume everyone has heard at this stage that there isn't going to be singleplayer DLC, and instead the devs'll be focussing on multiplayer. It only really struck me today that I feel a bit gypped as part of what had me so excited for this game was the possibilities DLC could bring. It's a shame, really; the multiplayer is pretty weak compared to the main game itself. It might have been okay as a side-note added to the game to add a bit of extra revenue. With this, they're just adding money to a component of the game many people won't even bother with.

Piko
04-05-2013, 04:54 PM
I've yet to try the multiplayer. I've heard below average things about it. I probably won't touch it. They're fools for no single player DLC though. They know there's a demand for it...

Ruined
04-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I've yet to try the multiplayer. I've heard below average things about it. I probably won't touch it. They're fools for no single player DLC though. They know there's a demand for it... Yeah, unless you're all about the trophies (like me), the MP was a waste of time: CoD light at best. If I wanted to play CoD, I'd play CoD. The platinum requirement ("prestige" 4 times) was a brutal grind--boring as all hell. I don't know why devs keep trying to force MP on games that don't call for it; glad Bioshock Infinite stopped with that nonsense. Tomb Raider was a good enough game, as an SP, without tacking on that MP garbage.

Space Suicide
04-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Multiplayer isn't bad but it's nothing mind-blowingly awesome. It sucks that I want all achievements and have to stomach 25 more levels to get to level 50 in it.

I still have to beat single player. With Gears of War: Judgment and BioShock Infinite it kinda fell to the wayside.

Ruined
04-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Multiplayer isn't bad but it's nothing mind-blowingly awesome. It sucks that I want all achievements and have to stomach 25 more levels to get to level 50 in it.

I still have to beat single player. With Gears of War: Judgment and BioShock Infinite it kinda fell to the wayside.Actually if you want all TR achievements, you need to prestige 3 times to unlock the final MP skin, to purchase, AND then reach level 58 (of that prestige level) to be able to buy all items, earning "Shopholic." It was brutal, but, I got it. For this reason, TR MP sucks for trophy hunters.

Space Suicide
04-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Actually if you want all TR achievements, you need to prestige 3 times to unlock the final MP skin, to purchase, AND then reach level 58 (of that prestige level) to be able to buy all items, earning "Shopholic." It was brutal, but, I got it. For this reason, TR MP sucks for trophy hunters.

Hmmm, maybe I won't end up getting them all then. The time dedicated to do that I'd rather use playing multiplayer in a game's multiplayer worthwhile, like Gears of War: Judgment.

Hula
06-07-2013, 04:00 AM
Never mind. Just realised it shipped with pre-orders of the game. I'll go back to not being hopeful about there ever being singleplayer DLC.

WorzelG
09-10-2013, 06:13 AM
I loved this latest Tomb Raider game so much I played it straight through three times. The combat is so fluid, it runs like a cinematic experience.

I liked it so much I went back and bought the first three games as they were on a deal, but I'm still just as crap, kept clunking Lara into walls

thelastdisciple
08-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One exclusive.

http://kotaku.com/people-are-pissed-that-tomb-raider-is-an-xbox-exclusive-1620094498

Thiah
08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One exclusive.

http://kotaku.com/people-are-pissed-that-tomb-raider-is-an-xbox-exclusive-1620094498

not really sure how to feel about this. Console exclusives from first party developers is one thing but when you take a huge third party franchise like tomb raider and make it exclusive, well I don't know. That's like making Resident Evil 7 or the next COD game exclusive to one console. It just shouldn't be in my opinion. Console wars are fucking bullshit

Piko
08-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm pissed. Really enjoyed the first game. It's the fans of the game who suffer in the end. Hopefully it's a timed exclusive.

Space Suicide
08-12-2014, 08:14 PM
I own an Xbox One and yeah, it is unfair and not the best idea but the amount of hate and butthurt I'm reading is hilarious everywhere. As is the double standards of Sony fans on the matter.

IT'S A VIDEO GAME. Channel your angst elsewhere.

Piko
08-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Way I see it. If you don't want me to buy your game, fine. I'm sure I'll get an at xbone at some point, so I'll play it then, whenever that may be. For me, though, it's just shitty business. It doesn't make me want an xbone any more than I did before. I'm sure it'll be great. But, I'm not shelling out another 400 bucks so soon after buying a ps4. Quantum Break seems like the only game worth making me consider the console. That's a whole other topic though.

Madmya
08-12-2014, 11:19 PM
The way I see it: eat a dick Sony fans. This is delicious 17 year old revenge when Tomb Raider 2 went Sony exclusive, despite the original Tomb Raider beginning development as a Saturn title.

thelastdisciple
08-12-2014, 11:32 PM
The way I see it: eat a dick Sony fans. This is delicious 17 year old revenge when Tomb Raider 2 went Sony exclusive, despite the original Tomb Raider beginning development as a Saturn title.
Exclusive as far as consoles are concerned but all of the Tomb Raider games have been released for PC in the past. The fact that this isn't getting a PC release (for the time being) is more bullshit than Playstation getting it as far as I'm concerned.

RJK
08-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Turns out it is just a timed exclusive. Problems solved.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/13/microsofts-xbox-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-deal-is-a-timed-exclusive/

Space Suicide
08-13-2014, 01:41 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/13/microsofts-xbox-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-deal-is-a-timed-exclusive/

Time to see if whiners will put their money where their mouth is. I bet 80% will still buy the game regardless.

Piko
08-13-2014, 01:43 PM
All I said was that I'm not buying an Xbox for it.

Space Suicide
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
All I said was that I'm not buying an Xbox for it.

No hate to you, to the ones that say CD are garbage and they hate the current Tomb Raider reboot game and they boycott Rise since it was an Xbox exclusive first.

Edited for stuff like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu4FKFoCcAAX3dd.jpg

Jinsai
08-13-2014, 06:07 PM
I own an Xbox One and yeah, it is unfair and not the best idea but the amount of hate and butthurt I'm reading is hilarious everywhere. As is the double standards of Sony fans on the matter.

IT'S A VIDEO GAME. Channel your angst elsewhere.

but...

So Destiny gives beta access to PS4 first and EXCLUSIVE SONY ONLY Content too? I'm so fucking sick of this shit! They have Hardline too before Xbox.

PS/Sony gets far TOO MUCH exclusive shit from devs.

You got pretty angry when Sony got early access to a BETA. The thing with Tomb Raider is obnoxious, and MS bought it because they knew this was a franchise that has traditionally performed better on Sony platforms. It's just directly fucking over people who aren't generally interested in the content on their system.

They've done it with niche titles too when they were trying to get Japanese gamers to buy their system... like Katamari, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, The Last Remnant, . Maybe one or two people in Japan bought an Xbox just so they could play those games... everyone else just missed out until their exclusivity contract expired.

It's shitty whenever this sort of thing happens, and it seems to piss you off when Sony does it, even in really minor ways... but you think it's funny and worth mocking people who are irritated when Microsoft does it... and they do it more. Already this generation, Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall aren't coming out on PS4 at all because MS threw a bunch of money at the devs. These aren't titles produced by Microsoft.

Space Suicide
08-13-2014, 07:07 PM
but...

You got pretty angry when Sony got early access to a BETA. The thing with Tomb Raider is obnoxious, and MS bought it because they knew this was a franchise that has traditionally performed better on Sony platforms. It's just directly fucking over people who aren't generally interested in the content on their system.

They've done it with niche titles too when they were trying to get Japanese gamers to buy their system... like Katamari, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, The Last Remnant, . Maybe one or two people in Japan bought an Xbox just so they could play those games... everyone else just missed out until their exclusivity contract expired.

It's shitty whenever this sort of thing happens, and it seems to piss you off when Sony does it, even in really minor ways... but you think it's funny and worth mocking people who are irritated when Microsoft does it... and they do it more. Already this generation, Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall aren't coming out on PS4 at all because MS threw a bunch of money at the devs. These aren't titles produced by Microsoft.

No doubt and you said it BUT I admitted it was unfair for Evolve dicksucking on Xbox One's end when brought up. I still do. I also think Rise of the Tomb Raider is unfair, I even said it other places instead of here. developers withholding EITHER console of material, whether a full game or a fucking gun is retarded and a lame practice. As for my past Destiny gripes, it was just one more PS only exclusive content in a game that's happened and been popularized the entire last gen for just about every Ubisoft and WB game ever released. Just gets old.

I just hate the double standard that's utilized time and time again. I've just reached my breaking point with the majority (NOT ALL) of smug Sony fans en mass, this TR shit was the tipping point. I'm constantly berated and shat on just about everywhere but here about owning a One over a PS4. I, personally, never EVER see any type of bashing whatsoever of PS practices anywhere, yet the One is constantly being verbally destroyed on articles, facebook...you know, pretty much the entire internet. So when I see this happen, I just have to laugh. You can't pit the fanboy shit on me. I owned a PSX, PS2 and I own a PS3. I'm not a hater to the companies or practices as much as it is the communities. My words might spill to PR and company bullshit but it is after all business and money wins. Neither company cares for me and I know that.

This is all speculation but we don't know what transpired between Microsoft and Crystal Dynamics. MS might've/might even help funding for it. For all we know it could've been another Bayonetta 2 fiasco. Doesn't help that Sony recently sold shares and stock of their Square Enix partnerships either.

Your argument, although strong, is moot on Dead Rising 3 as Microsoft funded Capcom as well as published the game. No different than this new Silent Hills game revealed yesterday IF the product details of what I've read are true. It'll be a third party developer but published by SCEA, same shit different pond.

I'm done arguing this. If I go on everytime either company does something to fuck the other over, I'll be arguing the entire 8th generation.

Jinsai
08-13-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm constantly berated and shat on just about everywhere but here about owning a One over a PS4. I, personally, never EVER see any type of bashing whatsoever of PS practices anywhere, yet the One is constantly being verbally destroyed on articles, facebook...you know, pretty much the entire internet.

You're just not seeing it. When the PS3 came out it was bashed everywhere. Too expensive, "has no games," etc. I have a Vita and I think it's great, but whenever I see people talking about it online they're making fun of how much it sucks. When Sony fucked up and had to take the PSN network down because hackers broke their security, everyone was bashing them. Six Axis and Move are laughed at. There's some kind of widely accepted consensus that their online network blows (not sure why). Their new online rental system is ridiculously overpriced, and it's getting deservedly bashed all over the place. The word "Lair" is a bigger joke than Ryse. Pretty much everyone thought it was lame when they got exclusive rights to the Joker levels in Batman Asylum. Playstation Home is fucking lame, nobody likes it, and everyone's done laughing at how stupid it is.

Sony has been copying Microsoft by paying for exclusive content in multi platform games and timed exclusive access... and they're getting attacked for it justifiably. If Microsoft is getting yelled at for it harder, it's because they do it MORE and they pretty much invented the practice.

So when I see this happen, I just have to laugh. You can't pit the fanboy shit on me. I owned a PSX, PS2 and I own a PS3. I'm not a hater to the companies or practices as much as it is the communities. My words might spill to PR and company bullshit but it is after all business and money wins. Neither company cares for me and I know that.

I'm not calling you a fanboy. I am saying that you don't see the other side of what you're complaining about. I said it earlier, but for people in the Microsoft camp to complain about Sony securing exclusive content or advance access is like people in Los Angeles complaining about cold weather.

This is all speculation but we don't know what transpired between Microsoft and Crystal Dynamics. MS might've/might even help funding for it. For all we know it could've been another Bayonetta 2 fiasco.

No... that is highly unlikely. Bayonetta 2 was sold to Nintendo in an auction while the company folded. Tomb Raider is one of S/E's most popular properties, and they're not going bankrupt. MS bought early access because it's a huge seller on Playstation, especially in Europe.

Your argument, although strong, is moot on Dead Rising 3 as Microsoft funded Capcom as well as published the game.
Didn't know about that. If the platform holder funds the production, that's a thing that I think is pretty much acceptable and nothing to complain about, like with Sony pushing Bloodbourne (which is, on a side note, the game that's going to make me buy a new system).

No different than this new Silent Hills game revealed yesterday IF the product details of what I've read are true. It'll be a third party developer but published by SCEA, same shit different pond.

Fight fire with fire I guess... still, I'd rather see a game like that go multi platform. It's not Sony's, even if they fund it. That's an established game series... even if they're funding the project, it's not like they're investing in a new IP or a project that they believe in. Kind of makes me rethink the way I feel about Dead Rising actually.

I'm done arguing this. If I go on everytime either company does something to fuck the other over, I'll be arguing the entire 8th generation.

It's not a big deal since the exclusivity is temporary. It won't personally affect me, I'll wait and play it later. I'm not in a big hurry to buy a new generation system anyway.

All I'm really saying is, this stuff goes both ways. People are justified in being pissed about it, because this is basically Microsoft payola delaying the release on the system they own. If they're big fans (which is more likely in the Sony camp) they now have to wait... and they have a point telling the developer to fuck off for doing it.

They'll still buy it though.

Space Suicide
08-13-2014, 07:36 PM
They'll still buy it though.

Which is why I'm having a laughing fit.

martin_b
08-14-2014, 06:09 AM
The first TR was something extraordinary. I remember when I read about it in Polish videogame magazines. A couple weeks later I bought it and I enjoyed it. However I didn't finished it.

And then comes my true TR-related-videogame-love: TR2. :-) This game rocks! I have finished it a couple of times and everytime I really, really, really enjoyed it. I was even able to make some wallpapers from the screenshots, which I made while I was playing that game (especially in Tibet area).

I played TR3 for a couple of minutes, but this was not TR2 or TR1... The same was for TR4 and TR5.

When the Angel of Darkness came out I played it for about 2 or 3 days. But this still was not TR2 or TR1... :-(

But The Legend was really fun! It reminded me the days I spent while I played TR2 and TR1. But it was so... em... quick to play? 2 days or something?

Anniversary... That was something! I finished it and IMHO this part is as good as TR2 and TR1 are. Well, it's even better than the original TR1. It has this "something", which TR3, TR4 etc. do not have. Along with amazing graphics and sound, it makes this game as one of the best videogames I have ever played.

I wish they could do the same thing with TR2 as they did for TR1 in case of Anniversary.

WorzelG
08-14-2014, 06:48 AM

Thank God for that, I loved TR 2013 but I don't have the funds to buy any more consoles

Madmya
08-15-2014, 12:58 AM
I've completely lost my boner over all the raging Sony fanboys since the clarification. Such a bummer that it's only timed.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-06-2022, 06:00 AM
Bumpp. Reading some of the comments in here is a blast from the past :D

Apparently they are going to mix old Lara with the newer Lara. I liked the 2013 version, and only played a bit of the sequel, but it was growing stale for me.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1511369083995963392?t=DLdirdbqbGCsrY59uSeDFA&s=19