PDA

View Full Version : The Antlers

Pemulis
12-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I started the thread for these guys before the crash and since they're one of my favorite bands I figured I would do so again.

This year they released Burst Apart, which is an absolutely spectacular album from beginning to end. Easily one of the best this year and I highly recommend it. However, if you've never listened to them before I urge you to start with Hospice, which was the best album of 2009, undoubtedly their magnum opus, and probably the most emotionally devastating album I've ever listened to. If you've never heard it I cannot impress upon you enough how much you owe it to yourself to give it a spin.

Also, if they're playing live in your area do not miss them. I've seen them twice, once as headliners and once as openers and both times they were sublime. I very much want to see them perform their new material for Burst Apart as well but I'm low on cash and driving to see them just isn't an option for me right now (I live in Maine :(). If any of you get the chance go see them for me ;).

And to close, here's my favorite song off Burst Apart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsFVH8vBH9A

Rdm
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I saw them in May. I thought the show was enjoyable but the problems is the hospice songs are so much stronger live than the burst apart songs. I like a handful of songs off burst apart but non of the songs really touch what hospice did except for putting the dog to sleep, which i think is a B-side to hospice.

witte
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I have the last album and I saw them last week in Cologne: they were great!

blackholesun
05-06-2014, 04:24 PM
The new album leaked. I'm halfway in and I'm loving it.

Airbornefeline
08-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Hospice is still one of the best and saddest albums ever. I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't already to listen to it.

Rdm
01-16-2019, 07:57 AM
They’re doing an acoustic Hospice tour !!!!!also a remastered Hospice white record!!

https://www.musicglue.com/theantlersmusic/

pigpen
01-16-2019, 09:17 AM
Holy shit, ordered!!

Bummer they're skipping the Midwest entirely, but oh well.