PDA

View Full Version : five nights at freddy's

kel
06-19-2015, 11:56 PM
in the late 80's and early 90's, i was obsessed with point-and-click horror/survival games like maniac mansion and shadowgate.

this series feels a lot like it (only way more terrifying).

i still can't survive night five in the first game. i've watched videos and read guides and i still die.

anyone else here play it?

Dr Channard
06-20-2015, 09:44 PM
I played the first one sometime last year. A friend and I took turns playing and watching for a few hours one evening. I don’t think we made it past night 3. Simple game, but effective.

ziltoid
06-20-2015, 10:19 PM
Never heard of these games. I looked it up on wikipedia to gauge what they are about. Seems very interesting so I ended up buying all three games in the steam summer sale pack for 11 dollars.
I currently don't have time to play them but I will on 4th of july weekend. Till then I won't pass judgment on it but it seems like this type of game is something I have been missing out on.
Thanks for the making this thread Cornfed otherwise these games would never have gotten my attention.

gorast
06-20-2015, 11:30 PM
Games like these really get to me, so I haven't actually played any of them, but I do enjoy watching them being played, because it's a degree of separation that allows me to handle the jumpscares.

I'm glad the developer is taking his time making the last game, because I thought for sure that he'd expended all his options by the end of the third game. All three of them have been surprisingly creative, and the two sequels have done a great job of building on the original's mechanics and redefining them. Makes me wonder what the last game could possibly bring to the table.

kel
06-20-2015, 11:31 PM
i can't vouch for the sequels. i'm waiting until i finish the first. from what i've read/watched, part two is even harder than the first. part three has a lot of hidden mini games that tie into the plot.

eventually i'll get there. trying again in a bit.

edit: the widespread suggestion of focusing only on the pirate cove camera during night five is a farce. the hallways just outside the security office need the attention. foxy's inevitable rush at the left door is easy to deal with after enough tries, occasional glances are enough.

now that my nerves are shot, i'm done playing for the night, still unsuccessful. maybe tomorrow.

2nd edit: i did it. split your camera time between the main stage (freddy won't move if you check every three to five seconds) and pirate's cove. chika and bonnie will still put up a fight, but it works.

spoiler: you win a check for $120.

$120.

fuck that job.