PDA

View Full Version : Musical regrets

ZRFTS
05-26-2015, 04:35 AM
This is the thread for when you used to say you liked something or some genre or some element of music than look back and realize you were plain wrong.

I'll start; I used to claim that Phil Ramone was a musical genius based on his "Making Records" book; in fact if it weren't for that book I wouldn't have discovered Billy Joel and his "samplable" (not listenable) record collection. I've decided to take a look back and well; despite the fact that his records were #1. There have only been 2 good albums he's produced. "52nd Street" & "The Stranger" and "Turnstiles"; Coincidence? You decide whether or not who was in control; the producer or the pianist. It's quite clear who was in control with "Glass Houses" and that was the guy who made pretend rock and claimed he was edgy and rebellious (Phil Ramone).

I also thought that anything after 2009 would have a bad sound; well I was somewhat right due to the fact that most of the sound is manufactured and nobody is trying to make themselves stand out but so far I have Ghostface Killah, Katy Perry, Dual Core, Ke$ha and their respective albums ("Teenage Dream", "All the Things", "Animal", "Apollo Kids") in my playlist. I have a feeling we're due for a musical revolution anytime soon.

Baphomette
05-26-2015, 05:24 AM
I liked that one Lindsey Lohan song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumors_%28Lindsay_Lohan_song%29) when it came out. I want to kill myself for being so stupid.

Emil Dorbell
05-26-2015, 07:26 AM
I also thought that anything after 2009 would have a bad sound; well I was somewhat right due to the fact that most of the sound is manufactured and nobody is trying to make themselves stand out but so far I have Ghostface Killah, Katy Perry, Dual Core, Ke$ha and their respective albums ("Teenage Dream", "All the Things", "Animal", "Apollo Kids") in my playlist. I have a feeling we're due for a musical revolution anytime soon.

Anything after 2009!? All records during the last six years had a bad sound...?

dlb
05-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Well, I used to listen to Limp Bizkit alot back in the day and had a huge thing for bands like Soulfly etc... Looking back I really don't know what made these things so appealing to me but on the other hand: I discovered alot of other stuff afterwards and look back at these bands as some kind of door opener.

Bands I came to really dislike despite having used to be a big fan for some time: Mastodon, Kylesa and to a certain degree Kvelertak. I have no idea why I don't like these bands anymore since I went to pretty much every concert of either in the past years. Something must have clicked and I can't stand them anymore. No idea why that happened, but it's like it is. No regrets though as I had a wonderful time. I just can't justify owning every release in a physical format.

WorzelG
05-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Owning 'stars' by simply red was one of those 'what the fuck? Why' moments when I came across the cassette tape when moving a few years ago. I also owned vinyl albums by faster pussycat and la guns, oh dear. I attribute that to a shop called power cuts in Manchester which always did good deals

aggroculture
05-26-2015, 08:25 AM
This is not what you mean, but I regret not going to one of Nirvana's last concerts, in Rome in 1994.
A classmate and I had discussed going. We didn't.

blackholesun
05-26-2015, 12:11 PM
I regret letting my friends talk me into seeing Sublime with Rome. I didn't even like Sublime.

Al_Hunter
05-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Again, not what you mean but I had tickets to one of Pantera's last performances in the UK in 2001-ish but was too young to drive and couldn't find a means of getting to and from the festival they were playing at. Also, I went to Download in 2006 and watched Throwdown instead of Strapping Young Lad.

henryeatscereal
05-26-2015, 01:22 PM
I missed the first (and only) concert of Rage Against the Machine in Mexico (the one they recorded in DVD), in my defense i can say that i had no money that day, but i wish i tried harder...

Sutekh
05-26-2015, 03:34 PM
tons, I went to various glastonburys as a clueless teenager and missed loads of good bands, I can't bear to look at the 03 lineup

Jinsai
05-26-2015, 03:44 PM
This is not what you mean, but I regret not going to one of Nirvana's last concerts, in Rome in 1994.

I have a bootleg of that show... I'd regret not going to.

On that same note, I missed seeing Bowie w/ NIN w/ Prick. I'll always be a little bitter about that one.

Substance242
05-26-2015, 04:37 PM
I do not really have anything in my music collection I could feel ashamed of, but I regret not seeing Devotional tour live (Depeche Mode 1993, 1994).

GulDukat
05-26-2015, 08:51 PM
I have some crap CDs in my collection--Limp Bizkit, Winger...

And then I have some CDs that are guilty pleasures--Poison, Warrant, Creed...

One concert regret is missing Van Halen on their 2004 tour--their last (probably really will be their last) tour with Sammy Hagar.

onthewall2983
05-26-2015, 09:48 PM
Biggest regret is not at least attempting to try and see David Gilmour play Chicago in 2006 while Rick Wright was still alive. Just glad to have the live stuff officially released from that time though.

I was really kind of into Evanescence for a few years. Amy Lee is an undeniable talent, but anything approaching nu-metal like they did kind of leaves me cold now.

I wish I'd been more aware of what Steven Wilson was doing with groups like Porcupine Tree and No-Man then when I finally did in about 2006. An album like Lightbulb Sun would have been the perfect antidote to all the nu-metal and other radio crap I was exposed to at the time (not necessarily by choice having a slightly younger brother). It's obviously good that I discovered him at all in the end, but it would have been nice to have an early start.

jessamineny
05-26-2015, 10:02 PM

Mine would be Nirvana-related, too. :)
I didn't go with friends to see them at a club in St. Louis right after Nevermind was released. The following is a tour journal of the show. I hate myself.

"Toward the beginning of the show, the crowd repeatedly erupted into frenzied slam dancing and people were being launched into the air. The bouncers on the stage were trying to absorb the flying crowd members and were being quite rough on them. When Kurt was eventually hit by someone from the crowd, he stopped playing and could be heard cursing off mic. Krist pleaded with the crowd to "mellow out." After this scenario repeated itself about four times, Kurt stopped the band and yelled about a bouncer stepping on his distortion pedal and breaking it. Once a replacement was found, the show resumed, but the crowd didn't mellow out. When the band had to stop playing a fifth time, Kurt yelled, "Fuck it! You all want to get up on the stage? Well come on up!" The entire crowd swept up onto the stage, and the bouncers and Dave left the stage, leaving Kurt and Krist clutching their instruments against their bodies as the equipment was slammed back against the wall. After about 15-20 minutes of chaos, Krist asked the crowd to leave the stage so they could play some more. The crowd started filing off the stage, and the house lights came on. Eventually, everything was set back up, and the band played for another 45 minutes without further problems. The club stayed open late so they could finish their set. Dave later claimed the band had repeatedly and unsuccessfully requested the security guards to stop being rough with the crowd, so they retaliated by inviting the crowd onstage."

BRoswell
05-26-2015, 10:09 PM
I regret being thirteen and thinking every shallow, vapid rock song was deep and edgy.

onthewall2983
05-26-2015, 11:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=887WIB1oRAA

Emil Dorbell
05-27-2015, 06:10 AM
I used to be really into Limp Bizkit and Korn. I was probably around fourteen or fifteen at the time. But I don't actually regret it. They were my gateway bands into the stuff I still listen to proudly today.

eversonpoe
05-27-2015, 07:55 AM
not a regret, but possibly the only band that i have ever really loved and just stopped loving is Sigur Ros. i have no idea why. i WISH i still liked them. their music used to make me feel so deeply and wonderfully, and i just lost all interest in them.

ambergris
05-27-2015, 09:03 AM
I had convinced myself to like Metallica's St. Anger at one point. I thought the relatively long songs implied complexity, sort of prog-rock style.

Exocet
05-27-2015, 09:45 AM
I regret not seeing Throbbing Gristles last UK show. I was too hungover to go..what a lame reason to miss a legendary band. Sleazy passed not long after. Urgh.

mfte
05-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Beastie Boys touring with Rage Against The Machine. Mike D breaks collar bone, tour postponed. Rage breaks up months later. Tour cancelled.

ItsJustDave
05-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Beastie Boys touring with Rage Against The Machine. Mike D breaks collar bone, tour postponed. Rage breaks up months later. Tour cancelled.

I got terribly lucky and scored pit tickets in a tiny pit. I was so excited and then I wasn't...

elevenism
05-27-2015, 10:25 AM
On that same note, I missed seeing Bowie w/ NIN w/ Prick. I'll always be a little bitter about that one.

me too, damnit. and so of course, i've NEVER seen david bowie and probably never will.

also, i just planned this big trip to denver to see the old 97s. reservations are made, tickets are bought, the whole family is going (my parents have been divorced for 12 years and this is the first time we will all be together and the first time my dad meets my wife,) and their drummer is an old family friend, and he's super excited about seeing us all. So i can't back out.
But i just found out that Rush is on (possibly) their last tour and are playing mid-july. :/
That being said, i LOVE a 97s show! i just don't wanna miss my last chance to see rush again.

Also, fucking Alice In Chains. TWICE. I had tickets to see alice in chains and they didn't show up. Once it was opening for metallica in 1994.
They brought out candlebox instead. i was scared that the crowd was going to beat candlebox up.

Oh, and one more thing. I missed almost EVERY show i wanted to see in dallas for several years JUST BECAUSE I WAS TOO DRUNK. For most of my twenties, if i wasn't at work, i was pretty much black-out drunk. I missed Rush over and over. Type O over and over. Same with rasputina. The breeders. Squarepusher. Even NIN on with teeth. You name it, i missed it.

As far as the original meaning of this thread, i'm not REGRETFUL of any music that i've ever listened to, but it IS weird sometimes when you put on a track that you used to think just KICKED ASS or was really heavy, and you have remembered it completely differently from the way it was.

Kunstmord
05-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Not exactly ashamed but I listened to Korn a lot during my first year of college (and before that). Went to two of their live shows, it was pretty energetic.
There's a Madonna CD on my shelve which I need to get rid of.

What I'm really ashamed is the amount of metal I listened to during high school which I didn't even really like and yet I convinced myself it was "edgy" or something: My Dying Bride (though I can appreciate their style, I guess), Dream Theater (fuck that band), Nile, Cannibal Corpse, some black metal stuff. I hated most of it then and hate it even more now.

I loved-loved-loved the Black Keys during my first two years of college and I can't forgive myself for that.

My biggest regret is not listening to enough new music (I used to just listen to my large collection over and over). About a year ago I started buying a new album every week or two.

Rubeninphoenix
05-27-2015, 01:32 PM
I used to like Lil Wayne and all the cheesy "money, cash, etc" rappers. Hell, I even saw Lil Wayne live.

*grabs riot shield to deflect rocks being pelted at me*

Jinsai
05-27-2015, 01:42 PM
I bought a lot of music that sucked back when you actually had to buy music to find out if it sucked. Younger kids may not grasp this concept.

virushopper
05-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Cradle of Filth and some of them other extreme metal bands during 2000-2006. They were "heavy" to me at the time. Now I just laugh and get bored real easily.

october_midnight
05-27-2015, 01:59 PM
I bought a lot of music that sucked back when you actually had to buy music to find out if it sucked. Younger kids may not grasp this concept.

That's what I was thinking. I was buying cd's in like, 1993 on the basis of hearing one song and hoping that I dug the rest. Shouts to everyone here born after that year haha.

jessamineny
05-27-2015, 02:15 PM
I remember when there weren't CDs :D

Archive_Reports
05-27-2015, 02:25 PM
That's what I was thinking. I was buying cd's in like, 1993 on the basis of hearing one song and hoping that I dug the rest. Shouts to everyone here born after that year haha.

There were a few shops in my area that would let you listen to CDs before you bought them. 13-17 year old me would check them out there and then go to Best Buy and pick up the ones I liked for $7 less.

october_midnight
05-27-2015, 02:26 PM
There were a few shops in my area that would let you listen to CDs before you bought them. 13-17 year old me would check them out there and then go to Best Buy and pick up the ones I liked for $7 less.

I was the manager of a music store for 5 years, nothing worse than having to use the heat shrinkwrap gun to reseal that shit after people did that.

virushopper
05-27-2015, 02:39 PM
I was the manager of a music store for 5 years, nothing worse than having to use the heat shrinkwrap gun to reseal that shit after people did that.
I don't know if Canada had Wherehouse Music but they had a policy back then where if you didn't like the album you can return it back with a full refund.

elevenism
05-28-2015, 02:35 PM
i don't understand the idea of "regretting" liking something.

You liked it, right? Derived joy from it?

And now you don't like it or are embarrassed of liking it because it's not socially acceptable or doesn't fit an image?

I like madonna...i've liked it since i was about ten.
i'm not the biggest lil wayne fan in the world, but i sure did get a kick out of the carter 3.
I love seal and michael jackson.

There's nothing wrong with liking, well, anything.
@jess (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4235)amineny , right? i remember getting my first nine inch nails TAPE, which was broken. Then i got fixed on tape, and phm.
I got the march of the pigs maxi single on cd, but that's only because there was no tape version, and it was like a weird thing for me to have a cd.

Jinsai
05-28-2015, 03:45 PM

and there was nothing more fun than wrapping your head in the shrink-wrap machine when there weren't customers there.

Really, I frequently wonder how I'm still alive.

elevenism
05-29-2015, 01:25 AM
and there was nothing more fun than wrapping your head in the shrink-wrap machine when there weren't customers there.

jesus...are you serious> :p

Canuckle
05-29-2015, 07:14 AM
Screw feeling embarrassed or regretting that you enjoyed Korn and Limp Bizkit! I'm currently filling out my vinyl collection with early Korn and Limp (stopping with Untouchables and Significant Other), as they are a lot of fun to blast when you're feeling nostalgic.

Although, I may regret spending any sort of coin on this piece of wax earlier this week... http://www.discogs.com/Methods-Of-Mayhem-Methods-Of-Mayhem/release/1781195

frankie teardrop
05-29-2015, 10:07 AM
i used to like NOFX & pennywise. two of the only bands i don't have ANY nostalgic love for. i also run over my skid row cd with a lawnmower.

Jinsai
05-29-2015, 11:05 AM
jesus...are you serious> :p

100% and 10 characters

implanted_microchip
05-29-2015, 11:29 AM
I fucking adore Barry Manilow and think he's a national treasure and I am fully aware of how bizarre of a thing to adore considering all of my attitudes and tastes he is. A friend of mine and I have a couple Manilow concert DVDs we regularly watch together and have a million running in jokes for them. It's absurd. I don't even know if I'd call this a regret as much as a confession.

When I was 11 I thought it didn't get much deeper than Linkin Park. That one hurts to type out even. I totally rely on the "I was 11" card to feel okay about it.

Jinsai
05-29-2015, 11:35 AM
I fucking adore Barry Manilow and think he's a national treasure and I am fully aware of how bizarre of a thing to adore considering all of my attitudes and tastes he is. A friend of mine and I have a couple Manilow concert DVDs we regularly watch together and have a million running in jokes for them. It's absurd. I don't even know if I'd call this a regret as much as a confession.

A friend of mine used to routinely play Copacabana in the middle of his DJ sets... After a while I started to really love that song.

implanted_microchip
05-29-2015, 02:33 PM
A friend of mine used to routinely play Copacabana in the middle of his DJ sets... After a while I started to really love that song.

Ugh there was a version live with a gigantic staircase suspended by chains lowered from the ceiling and girls with feather boas and tropical skirts, one of which Barry would rip off while standing atop the stairs above the audience to reveal that her ass said "Copa" on it while this amazing black backing singer named Kye Brackett would do a fucking Copacabana rap. It's the most surreal thing I've ever seen in my entire life and nearly gives Lights In the Sky a run for its money. Look out, Moment Factory.

I think I have a problem.

thevoid99
05-29-2015, 03:57 PM
For me, it was never getting the chance to see Nirvana live as I got into the band very late just a month after In Utero had came out. I was only 12 and I spent much of my time from 9-11 listening to the crap adult contemporary music that my parents were listening to at the time. The first time I saw the cover for Nevermind at the mall, I was taken aback as I had no idea what this was nor what to think of it.

Another regret I have was liking Limp Bizkit when they were popular in '99 because it was the new and cool thing to do and there wasn't anything happening at the time. Thank goodness for The Fragile to finally come in and save me.

EndlessLoveless
05-29-2015, 05:15 PM
I used to like Gravity Kills. And Stabbing Westward. Ugh..... The years in between the downward spiral and the fragile, wanting something that sounded similar. How wrong i was.

darktemplar007
05-29-2015, 11:05 PM
Missing Type O Negative when I had the chance to see them about a year before Peter passed.

The_Prowler
05-30-2015, 01:07 AM

I used to work at a parent/teacher store, and we had a shrink wrapping machine there. One day it was really slow and I wrapped both my legs and arms (I got one of my co-workers to do the other arm for me), and of course that's when a customer came in and needed help. So I went out there with four completely shrink wrapped limbs to talk to her. It should please you to know that I didn't acknowledge it at all and acted completely normally the whole time as if I wasn't being a complete idiot and nothing was different. I somehow even managed to ring her purchases up and bag them for her despite the fact that both my hands were wrapped, too.

That wasn't even the weirdest thing I ever did there.

The_Prowler
05-30-2015, 01:09 AM

When I was 11 I thought it didn't get much deeper than Linkin Park. That one hurts to type out even. I totally rely on the "I was 11" card to feel okay about it.
I was going to try and comfort you and say that I listened to much worse, but then I remembered you were talking about Linkin Park :p

Seriously, their cover of Wish made me not want to continue living. It's not the worst cover I've ever heard, but it's pretty damn close.

allegro
05-30-2015, 07:55 AM
For me, it was never getting the chance to see Nirvana live as I got into the band very late just a month after In Utero had came out. I was only 12 and I spent much of my time from 9-11 listening to the crap adult contemporary music that my parents were listening to at the time. The first time I saw the cover for Nevermind at the mall, I was taken aback as I had no idea what this was nor what to think of it.

I wish I HADN'T seen Nirvana live. I saw them at the Aragon in Chicago during the In Utero tour and they later said it was their worst show ever (terrible sound). Ugh.

elevenism
05-30-2015, 08:14 AM
I wish I HADN'T seen Nirvana live. I saw them at the Aragon in Chicago during the In Utero tour and they later said it was their worst show ever (terrible sound). Ugh.
that makes me feel better.

allegro
05-30-2015, 12:23 PM
that makes me feel better.
I'm certain their other shows were monumentally better; this show was just the worst (http://voices.suntimes.com/arts-entertainment/the-daily-sizzle/twenty-years-ago-nirvana-plays-last-chicago-show-at-the-aragon-ballroom/) (10/25/93) due to the venue which is notoriously bad.

“It was a trainwreck from the very beginning,” he said. “Kurt was in a bad mood from the beginning. The mix was off and you couldn’t hear his vocals. He stopped the show a couple of times. Fans were upset and started to leave.”

The show’s notoriety was even the centerpiece of a 1994 Rolling Stone feature (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kurt-cobain-the-rolling-stone-interview-19940127), published not long before Cobain’s death.

A shirtless, disheveled Kurt Cobain pauses on the backstage stairway leading to Nirvana's dressing room at the Aragon Ballroom, in Chicago, offers a visitor a sip of his après-gig tea and says in a drop-deadpan voice, "I'm really glad you could make it for the shittiest show on the tour."

He's right. Tonight's concert — Nirvana's second of two nights at the Aragon, only a week into the band's first U.S. tour in two years — is a real stinker. The venue's cavernous sound turns even corrosive torpedoes like "Breed" and "Territorial Pissings" into riff pudding, and Cobain is bedeviled all night by guitar — and vocal — monitor problems. There are moments of prickly brilliance: Cobain's sandpaper howl cutting through the Aragon's canyonlike echo in the tense, explosive chorus of "Heart–Shaped Box"; a short, stunning "Sliver" with torrid power strumming by guest touring guitarist Pat Smear (ex-Germs). But there is no "Smells Like Teen Spirit," and when the house lights go up, so does a loud chorus of boos.

At some point, Kurt was talking to the audience but we couldn't understand anything he was saying. Later, we read that he was deliberately saying mumbo-jumbo because he knew (with the muddy sound) we wouldn't understand him, anyway. He was yelling at sound people. He kept going over and bitching to Krist with apparent inside jokes. At the end, Kurt walked away to leave but then suddenly turned and -- with a really pissed-off look on his face -- DOVE toward the audience and cleared a HUGE gap between the stage and the audience, and the audience ate him; he disappeared and security was frantic. The audience finally spit him out and security reeled him back in and the newspaper reported the next day that the audience had stolen his shoes.

Oddly enough, the show 2 nights earlier at that same venue was reportedly way better.

I guess I'm glad I saw Nirvana before Kurt died (as much as that was a sucky show, it was a somewhat "historic" sucky show, LOL); I just wish I'd gotten tickets for the show two nights earlier, ugh.

elevenism
05-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Speaking of nirvana, i ALMOST went to go see them in dallas in dec of 93.
I was having trouble at home at that time and seeing a psychiatrist-the combative kind that is more about getting you to behave than treating you.
My behavior had gotten better, and as a reward, my parents offered to let me go to a rock show.
As much as i loved nirvana, Rush was playing in Jan. of 94. and to 13-14 year old me, going to see Rush was better than seeing Jesus Christ and His All Star Band.

The rush show was AMAZING. To me, the Counterparts tour was probably Rush's creative peak.

But knowing what i know now, OF COURSE i wish i would have chose nirvana instead.

I've seen rush a couple more times since then.

Nirvana, not so much :/

Camille
05-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Since I was old enough to spank the monkey i've listened to some shite, believed they were gonna be bigger than a cathedral....and I was wrong. Do I regret it though? Absolutely NO!!
All the crap bands and shit i've believed in in the past have just been a part of me musicial journey, no need to regret a thing.

thevoid99
05-30-2015, 06:46 PM
I used to like Gravity Kills. And Stabbing Westward. Ugh..... The years in between the downward spiral and the fragile, wanting something that sounded similar. How wrong i was.

I went through that period as well. I was waiting for something new from NIN and was very desperate although Stabbing Westward wasn't that bad. They just had some bad lyrics.

Baphomette
05-30-2015, 07:00 PM
I wish I HADN'T seen Nirvana live.I'm still glad I didn't go to the taping for the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. NO REGRET.

I own an album by some hair metal band called White Lion. REGRET.

allegro
05-30-2015, 08:20 PM
The rush show was AMAZING. To me, the Counterparts tour was probably Rush's creative peak.
G saw them for the "A Farewell To Kings" tour, the "Permanent Waves" tour, and the "Moving Pictures" tour.

I finally saw Madonna for her "Confessions on a Dance Floor" tour (WHICH WAS AWESOME), then again for "Hard Candy," but I really regret not being able to score tickets for her shows when I lived in Detroit (she's a Detroit hometown girl, natch).

I regret that brief period of liking that "Come on Eileen" song. I still remember the look on the PA guy's face at the punk club where I worked when I admitted this.

Like, "huh?"

Shadaloo
05-30-2015, 08:20 PM
-Owning 2 albums by Kriss Kross, and Vanilla Ice's album on cassette (For perspective, I also owned House of Pain's first album and Naughty By Nature's self-titled and have no regrets about those.)

-All the Korn albums after the first one I had up to Issues. There's still a few tracks on each I enjoy and could go back to, but I have better things to listen to.

-For anyone ashamed over Limp Bizkit, I stand by Counterfeit and Rearranged being good songs, so there's that. :) Never really got onboard that boat though.

-Cradle of Filth discography I owned for five years. Cruelty And The Beast is a decent album though, still have that one.

-Purchasing 2 Megadeth albums after United Abominations.

-Purchasing Ozzy's albums after Ozzmosis.

-Purchasing Pink Floyd's The Final Cut after being introduced to The Wall. UGH.

Concert regrets:

-Not seeing the Smashing Pumpkins in Montreal in 2000. Folks here have told me it was an awful show. This I know, but I would have at least seen the original lineup once.

-Missing Bauhaus in 2006. Fucking show sold out before I could blink. :(

-That I took so long to broaden and widen my musical horizons. I've discovered so many bands and albums I've fallen in love with over the past few years. Oingo Boingo, XMal Deutchland, Danse Society, Virgin Prunes, Radiohead after OK Computer....I've made it a mission to check out a new band at least once every week. :)

elevenism
05-31-2015, 06:48 AM
-Owning 2 albums by Kriss Kross

Kriss Kross was fucking awesome. So was Another Bad Creation.

Dr Channard
05-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Back in the 90’s I really liked Metallica’s Load and Reload despite all the feedback that I shouldn’t. Today I’ve come to realize that, fuck it I still like those albums and I regret nothing, even if I should. Same goes for Creed’s first album.

I do regret that I don’t have any of my old cassette tapes anymore.

elevenism
05-31-2015, 12:53 PM
Seriously, you might THINK you regret Kriss Kross, until i turn on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk

SO much win.

newmodel87
06-01-2015, 04:17 AM
i don't understand the idea of "regretting" liking something.

You liked it, right? Derived joy from it?

And now you don't like it or are embarrassed of liking it because it's not socially acceptable or doesn't fit an image?

This is not something I fully understand either. I still like everything that I have ever liked. But I am not a fickle or capricious person by nature.

Most of my all-time favourite albums are from my first few years of buying CDs and nostalgia only seems to strengthen my connection to these albums.

eversonpoe
06-01-2015, 08:02 AM
i've missed a lot of concerts that i already had tickets for over the years. even last night, my wife and i were supposed to see murder by death (one of my favorite bands) and we'd had the tickets since november. but we decided that we needed a night at home together after a long, celebratory weekend, and we ended up having a lovely evening. am i sad i didn't see mbd? yeah, but it was worth it.

however, the worst one was when i had tickets to see ISIS (the band) on their last tour (although i didn't know it was their last tour) and sold them to someone at face value because i was so sick i could barely get off the couch/out of bed. that was painful.

SarahConnor
06-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Easily regret missing Nirvana, Downward Spiral tour.
No one would attend with me & I'd never attended a concert solo. 16, I think.

Five, six years later I went to The Fragility tour solo, met a girl while waiting for the show.

If someone had told my anxious self it was that simple, I wouldn't have these regrets.