PDA

View Full Version : "Truetone" ringtone format (a.k.a. mastertone & realtone)

Nagelfar
05-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Does anybody know what this constitutes exactly? I'm trying to make a ringtone for my state foodstamp acquired "Safe-Link" cellphone.

It can be "encoded with a sampled audio format such as MP3, AAC, or WMA." apparently, so a regular *.mp3 needs to have something done to it. I can't find a program online that "encodes" *.mp3 as "truetone/mastertone/realtone" at all though. Perhaps it's something as simple as file size? (or length, since the phone only rings so many "times")

I'm getting flustered at this. It's been months I've been looking online, almost daily, with my limited library internet time.

Also, my home laptop is officially kaput now. I tried re-installing the audio drivers I uninstalled, and it was at McDonald's using their Wifi, but they didn't have any plug-in outlets (all had face-guards plates covering them, supposedly because of all the homeless people coming in to charge their phones) and my laptop doesn't have a battery pack. So it died mid-streaming installation, and now whenever it boots, it says "looking for (such & such) driver, not found" and repeats that indefinitely. The phoenixBIOS on my Toshiba notebook doesn't have an F8 'safe mode' feature at all. I made a bootable 4GB thumbdrive, but I can't figure out the convoluted command prompt system, and all I want it to do is not look for this nonexistent driver so Windows 7 will load and I can properly repair it.

F**k you, McDonald's.

Nagelfar
05-17-2015, 04:41 PM
No luck on anybody knowing anything about TrueTone, eh? (No surprises, no forum elsewhere could muster any information in that vein either. The most someone did was re-paste what Wikipedia said about it, which was no help whatsoever.)

I know what the problem is with my laptop, it doesn't have enough RAM to run the burnt bootable rescue thumb/flash-drive. Only 600kb of on-board CPU memory.

Someone swiped the RAM (that's why it took seven hours to export an *.mp3 from a *.wav. *slaps forehead*)

Luckily, the specs online tell me that it takes DDR SDRAM @ 266 MHz / PC2100 in 'SO DIMM 200-pin' form. Need to find a salvaged computer with the RAM still lying in it.