PDA

View Full Version : The Sick Thread

Torgo
12-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Fuck this shit. Seriously. I can't breath out of my nose.

marodi
12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
My left eye is oozing some greenish/yellowish thick goo. It forms a hard crust and I'm in the process of tearing off all my eyelashes to remove said crust.

ManBurning
12-08-2011, 01:09 AM
I had 3 nasty cold/flus this fall already. One at the end of September, one at the end of October and then a 3rd at the end of November. Wonder what's up with all the virus' floating around, hopefully I've seen the last of them for the cold/flu season this year.

aggroculture
12-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Got some kind of virus, with fever/headache/muscle ache. Thought it was food poisoning, but have not been expelling anything from either orifice. Yuk.

sentient02970
12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Been suffering the last two weeks with regular and intense stomach pains. I know a lot of it must be do to stress but I just can't stand it anymore. I almost couldn't sleep at all last night because of it. Finally seeing a doctor today. I hope there's a quick solution.

aggroculture
12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Sick again, with a chest cough. All this job market stress getting my defences down.

icklekitty
02-16-2012, 02:39 AM
*whimpers*

DF118
02-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Ah sorry, wrong thread.

Edit: My antibiotics are causing me some seriously annoying heartburn right now.

redshoewearer
02-16-2012, 12:39 PM
*whimpers*

You were just in the states weren't you? There's horrible stuff going around - maybe you caught something here.

This is the first day I'm actually sitting in my chair at my desk instead of lying in bed.

Hula
02-18-2012, 12:35 PM
I've had about four months of not catching anything from all the sick-as-dogs customers I've served over the winter period. I honestly think all this time I've spent being subjected to illnesses has strengthened my immune system...

...and that stretch has now unfortunately come to an end as I apparently have the 'flu, with all the trimmings :/ I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be the common cold as I always wind up confined to bed with colds anyway, and I'd rather a short and miserable few days than a week or two feeling equally miserable. Plus side, I got through my morning shift okay today (apparently I was 'very chirpy' o_o), which meant I had all afternoon to sleep.

Magtig
02-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Ugh, I've been sick for weeks. Working way too many 100+ hour weeks has got me here, but goddamn I hate just lying around in bed all day, it drives me absolutely nuts even when I'm a snot fountain. Make it stop, I have way too much to do!

Silver lining: good excuse to eat Pho for every meal.

lady weetly
02-22-2012, 02:34 AM
After 3 weeks of this sinus bug not going away and it getting worse I went to a minute clinic on Sunday. I have Acute Bronchitis and Sinusitis. On two different antibiotics that help until they wear off. God this has been awful. Even messed up my sleep from coughing so much.

anita
02-23-2012, 01:27 AM
The antibiotic I am taking for an ear infection is giving me diarrhea. Oh joy.

MAD
02-23-2012, 05:54 AM
39,5 C fever, coughing, sneezing, nose running like the Amazon, headaches

I went to bed wearing four layers of clothes for the upper part of my body, one of them being a furry zipper hoodie.

Woke up, took a shower, I was like new!

REPLICA
02-23-2012, 08:30 AM
I've been sick twice in the past two months. I'm just getting over it now, but the weather where I am changes from day to day. Sunday we had snow, Monday & Tuesday we had clear skies and mid-50s temps, yesterday was about the same until last night - we had a thunderstorm.

I've been taking Dayquil and some other stuff. Drinking all the water I can and drinking orange juice when available.

Fixer808
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I have a headache, dammit!

Also, whooping cough is going around, hope I avoid THAT shit...

Stereo75
02-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Great, now I got THE SICK :(

aggroculture
02-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Backache back with a vengeance. Fuck you job market stress.

halloween
02-29-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm not "sick", but FUCK. THIS. MIGRAINE. I am SO DONE with having migraines, I really really really wish they would stop existing. I forgot to refill my migraine meds prescription because I hadn't had one in a couple of months. Ugh. I can't wait to get home and smoke some...other medicine.

jessamineny
02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm not "sick", but FUCK. THIS. MIGRAINE. I am SO DONE with having migraines, I really really really wish they would stop existing. It hurts too much and for too long. I can't wait to get home and smoke some... medicine.

I hear you! I have been plagued with migraines and headaches again, for the past year. They come in waves, and I'm in what seems like a month-long cycle. It's keeeling me. I so wish this were a medical marijuana state. I'd be all over that! (At least I have insurance again, as of tomorrow, and can go see the neurologist finally.)

millionmilesaway
02-29-2012, 07:55 PM
i really thought i lucked out this winter and wouldn't get sick....
Ive had a mild headache all day that seems to be getting just a little more painful every time I cough, which is about every 10 minutes. its been coming on for the past week, at least I have the day off from work tomorrow.

Pillfred
02-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Doctor told my i may have an infected prostate, which sucks but at least at this point it may not be anything worse. The whole thing was kind of unnerving to say the least, but now hopefully these crazy antibiotics I'm taking will help. Only thing is i can't eat two hours before or six hours after i take them. Thing about it is when the fuck can i eat? Idk, i go back in a month to see if thats what it really was. I'd rather not have to see a urologist and spend even more money i don't have.

millionmilesaway
04-19-2012, 01:08 PM
woke up this morning with that crazy stomach bug thats been going around, now theres blood in my vomit...

BlueCalx
04-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Checking in with some delicious strep throat. I haven't played video games like this since I was 15.

halloween
04-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Checking in with some delicious strep throat. I haven't played video games like this since I was 15.
Sucks about the strep throat =[ I also end up playing a lot of games while sick though.

BlueCalx
04-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I'm rekindling a love affair with JRPGs. The only way I'm able to find time for 'em these days is by getting laid low.

Torgo
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I haven't been this sick in a long time... so now that I am - I feel like my head could sometimes be over-reacting when I think "HOLY SHIT, I'M DYING. I'M. DYING."

Fixer808
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Is this blowback from the wedding? WHAT DID HE GIVE YOU??

allegro
06-27-2012, 05:58 PM
I hear you! I have been plagued with migraines and headaches again, for the past year. They come in waves, and I'm in what seems like a month-long cycle. It's keeeling me. I so wish this were a medical marijuana state. I'd be all over that! (At least I have insurance again, as of tomorrow, and can go see the neurologist finally.)

I've suffered from migraines since my mid-20s, my mom started getting them when she was SIX, my brother got cluster headaches. Over the years, my migraines have morphed from the puking all day and nearly unconscious to an all-over headache that includes crazy hunger and cravings and I get blurry vision (yesterday I noticed DILATED PUPILS big time). I am currently reading this book, it's fascinating.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96562458

We should start a Migraineurs thread. "Hi, I'm Allegro, and I'm a Migraineur."

Torgo
06-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Is this blowback from the wedding? WHAT DID HE GIVE YOU??

Haha - no. The wedding is next week, so right now I'm completely fucked.

Fixer808
06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Hehehe, my friend has this same problem. She's getting a cold, and they usually last her about 2 weeks because she's a woman and therefore has less of an immune system than me, a manly man.

Anyway, she's going to Vegas with a couple friends in two weeks, so she better be well by then or things will get ugly!

Hula
06-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Missed a day of work for the first time the week before last because I was sick (would've missed two but I could physically drag myself out of bed the first day I was sick and not on the second). Now it's wound down to a chest infection and a snuffly nose, so I'm still miserable as fuck. Ugh.

I would really love to know how people who never get sick do it. I know I had a plethora of health issues (and a smoker mother) growing up, which probably screwed with my immune system, but it's like no matter how healthily I live, I get sick no matter what. I rarely ever get stomach bugs, though. Only respiratory infections.

marodi
09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Stupid cold!

It's just enough to be annoying and to make me feel miserable. I feel like whining but there's no one to listen to me...

And I need a hug because I'm really miserable. Miserable I tell you! *whines whines whines*

lady weetly
09-25-2012, 02:42 PM
^ *sick hugs and smooches Marodi*
I'm dealing with a cold and allergies right now so I'm pretty much just leaking fluids constantly. Gross.

marodi
09-26-2012, 04:56 PM
^ *sick hugs and smooches Marodi*
I'm dealing with a cold and allergies right now so I'm pretty much just leaking fluids constantly. Gross.

*hugs and smooches* to you too hun! I hope you'll feel better soon!

allegro
09-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Mine is the opposite: fall allergies so bad that my sinuses are constantly inflamed which means NOSE BLEEDS all the time. I'm spraying FloNase (corticosteroid) up my nose once per day and saline spray up my nose ALL DAY.

Leman Russ
09-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I get sick maybe once a year. I have no allergies. I am an immortal.

sa_nick
09-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Fuck up my back on the 15th. Get the flu on the 19th. Gastro kicks in on the 24th. These three things all stacked together is fucking hell.

DF118
10-02-2012, 12:19 PM
I've developed Periodic Limb Movement Disorder over the past couple of years, and it's annoying the piss out of me. What this means that while I'm asleep, my arms and legs exhibit small spasms, maybe, once every 30 seconds or so. This seems to be at it's worst at around 6am. It wouldn't be so bad, except that for the past few nights these twitches have been big enough to cause my arms to flail around and wake me up. Coupled with this, I'm also suffering Restless Leg Syndrome, albeit largely in my arms. RLS is a crappy name for a painful thing- it feels closer to being zapped by an electric current and makes it hard enough for me fall asleep as it is. The two things are related- I think the spams are my body's way of dealing with the restlessness. I was supposed to be undergoing a 24 hour neurological EKG recently, but I've had to shelve this because of a bunch of busy.

Fixer808
10-24-2012, 09:05 PM
COCKBAGS! I got the super-plague that's going around. All stuffed up. Damn well better be healthy by Saturday, I gots partying to do!!

BlueCalx
10-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Finally coming off it, and am happy to report that my endless head cold didn't keep me away from Fright Nights at the PNE (a "haunted midway" amusement park event that kicks all sorts of ass and doesn't cost much).

Fixer808
10-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah, shit ain't gonna keep me away from Sin Halloween.

perch
11-22-2012, 05:06 PM
It started as a massive headache and vomiting that seemed to last a few days but later turned into fever, supersoar throat (now bit better but still soar) and coughing my lungs out (still coughing on a minor scale).
Ugh!

Also, my right arm hurt like hell for days. Before you come with "Too much wanking lol" jokes.. it's the muscles between the elbow and shoulder that acted weird. I can't really put my finger on the reason though.

Fixer808
01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
DEATH FLU, goddammit. I'm drinking much tea and cough syrup. My head feels like it's 10ft away from my hands.

ManBurning
01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
DEATH FLU, goddammit. I'm drinking much tea and cough syrup. My head feels like it's 10ft away from my hands.

Sick again? Must be catching it from all those women who's tounges are deep down your throat at the bar, lol.

Fixer808
01-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Hehehehe, that may be...
Still, I may be sick again, but the last time was just before Halloween, I think. Friend is a teacher, seems like she's sick every month! Damn kids and their germs...

Jinsai
01-17-2013, 11:55 PM
yeah, I've heard the flu is fucking horrifying this year. I'm waiting for the local pharmacy to restock the immunization so I can hurry up and take it... especially considering that it takes two weeks to become truly effective. I haven't caught the flu in a long time, but I'm buying into the hype this time around.

leo3375
01-18-2013, 12:05 AM
I got the flu around Christmas. I wasn't sick for a long time but for two days I was pretty out of it. I had a fever for three days. One day I swear I slept a total of 18 hours. And even with the heat up to 75 degrees and three blankets on my bed I was still cold. Also didn't help that I sounded like a chain-smoker (I don't smoke), my nose was running, and I was hacking up a lung. I started to feel better the next day but was still too run down to work. Two days off was sufficient for me but the coughing lingered for almost two weeks.

thelastdisciple
01-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Just getting over a bit of a cold, started with a sore throat and then changed to just a stuffy/runny nose/nostril crust, lots of mucus and phlegm.

Buckley's, orange juice and good ol trusty H2O seem to be doing the job right.

Fixer808
01-18-2013, 01:00 AM
I'm actually really surprised. My friends, family, etc have been talking about being sick for 2-3 weeks, but I'm back at about 60% since Monday. Not to say I might crash again, but I think I've always had a good immune system. My sister used to come down with strep throat on a yearly basis, but I never caught it, despite her hacking shit into tissues and throwing them on the floor! And that shit is supposed to be hella contagious.

ManBurning
01-18-2013, 01:42 AM
My friend's wife seems to get strep throat a few times a year. Not even sure how she contracts it, she barely leaves the house to go anywhere! The same friend is recovering from pneumonia, he got hit with it right after halloween and hasn't been back to work since. Finally, last week he started to feel better and he contracted Strep Throat, from none other than his wife, who had it twice since he got sick with his pneumonia...

I'm actually shocked that I haven't gotten sick at all this fall/winter season yet. *knock on wood*
Everyone I know has had some of the nastiest shit out there this year. My girlfriend just got over with a Flu/Cold as well. I made an effort to wipe down all the surfaces, door knobs, tap knobs, table tops etc daily with lysol wipes as I really didn't want to get sick. Seemed to have avoided it so far.

But everyone at my work has some sort of flu nonsense as well. I started feeling a little dizzy, weak, tired the other day, luckily I had a day off and I pretty much slept it off.
Also, friend told me to take this nasty herb called Oil of Oregano... Oh man, $30 a bottle, supposed to be some magical flu fighting herb. Comes in a small bottle with a dropper, drop a few drops into the back of your throat at the first sign of getting sick and it seems to do the trick, can nurse you back to health quite well. This stuff is the nastiest stuff ever though, it's like a combination of turpentine and 99.9% grain alcohol. Pretty harsh for a "natural herb".

Fixer808
01-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Friend of mine has a "natural" cure when he thinks he's getting sick. He gets himself fucking obliterated on his booze of choice. Sometimes rum, sometimes absinthe, etc... Somehow it seems to work for him!

sentient02970
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
My first 6 months of chemo starts Feb 13. Joy. At least I'm feeling more fully recovered from surgery now.

ibanez33
02-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Friend of mine has a "natural" cure when he thinks he's getting sick. He gets himself fucking obliterated on his booze of choice. Sometimes rum, sometimes absinthe, etc... Somehow it seems to work for him!

It works like 99% of the time; this cold I've got is the first time I've been sick since like 2009.

jessamineny
02-05-2013, 07:02 AM
My first 6 months of chemo starts Feb 13. Joy. At least I'm feeling more fully recovered from surgery now.

I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Dra508
02-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Kick C's arse, will ya.

Knock on wood- no cold, no strep, no flu so far for me. I attribute this to hand washing.

ManBurning
04-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Well, just when I thought I had safely avoided cold/flu season this year, it hits me right at the end of the typical flu cycle, early spring. Urgh...

I feel like total ass. Started with a really bad sore throat yesterday and a fever, thought I had strep throat, but today it's turned into a full on flu, the sore throat seems to have let up though. now i'm just all light headed, runny nose, tired, weak, fever.

I hate spring time, it's when I am most susceptible to getting sick. The fall and spring time are the worst. Probably with the constant changing of the weather. I always seem to get some kinda nasty bug in April.

thevoid99
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Spring is always the worst time for me as well. Fucking pollen allergies.

Fixer808
04-08-2013, 12:05 AM
I thought I might be getting the same, but it tailed off, may have just been some early hay fever...

allegro
04-08-2013, 07:27 AM
I hate spring time, it's when I am most susceptible to getting sick. The fall and spring time are the worst. Probably with the constant changing of the weather. I always seem to get some kinda nasty bug in April.
Since changing weather doesn't cause more flu or cold, itself, it's probably because you're touching more stuff without washing your hands. Cold and flu seasons are usually because of increased contact with sick humans.

marodi
04-08-2013, 04:22 PM
If I was in China right now, I'd swear I've caught H7N9 because the last time I was this sick was when I caught H1N1.

It hurts everywhere...

becoming
04-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Was sick as fuck like 2 weeks ago and then got a bad ear infection. It drained and I can hear somewhat but seems like there's still something plugged up inside and its fucking annoying as hell... been like this for a week and 2 days think a Dr office visit is in my near future. Not hearing sucks.

miss k bee
04-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Got some hives bad and bad itchy rashes at work last night spread from my stomach to my shoulders and back and wrist, even after going home to sleep woke up itching!! Wtf never had this before, its calmed down a bit now.

miss k bee
04-16-2013, 01:03 PM
And then woke up in the middle of the night with a migriane headache grr!

october_midnight
07-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Fuck my fucking life. Someone help.

Monday morning woke up, ear kinda hurt (i have slight allergies like once, twice a year so thought it'd be that shit)..by the night the motherfucker was completely swollen shut and hurt like someone was drilling into my skull. I went to the hospital later that night, was told it was an acute inner ear infection. Was prescribed Biaxin (powerful antibiotic), drops, as well as told to eat Advil like they were skittles, which I've been doing.

The only thing that helps is the Advil, for about 3 hours after it only hurts at a 6/10 level, still agony. At night, obviously with the fluid blocking the inside of my eardrum shifting around, it's at...oh I'd say 12/10. No fever yet, but I've literally been up for about 80 hours straight and can barely walk it hurts so much. Three days in and the antibiotics aren't doing shit. Still can't hear out of the ear and it hurts like fire.

Read the results of pretty much every Google search I could muster, 'adult ear infection', 'adult inner ear infection', etc etc and they all say it should be at least getting better by now (or if it's viral and not bacterial, the antibiotics won't help, but again...it should be clearing up by around day 3). There's no discharge so I know my eardrum hasn't ruptured, and I'd rather not get that outpatient shit where they cut your ear open with a tiny hole to drain the bitch.

Help. Anyone deal with this before? I've tried the warm showers on the back of the ear/neck, warm compress (which is the only way I can almost fall asleep when I try)...and nothing is doing anything.

Help lol.

vpintz
07-10-2013, 09:35 PM
fuck migraines. fuck losing 10+ pounds in one week without trying and having your doctor not know what happened. fuck gall stones. fuck everything.

fuck.

Fixer808
07-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Heat exhaustion isn't fun. Got too much sun yesterday on the golf course, so as a result I was headachy and nauseous all night at work. Still have a mild headache. Definitely wearing a hat to the course tomorrow...

vpintz
07-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Heat exhaustion isn't fun. Got too much sun yesterday on the golf course, so as a result I was headachy and nauseous all night at work. Still have a mild headache. Definitely wearing a hat to the course tomorrow...
Heat stroke/heat exhaustion is the worst, and can be so dangerous. Take it from someone who gets heat stroke super easily--wear a hat, keep hydrated, and ice packs. LOTS of ice packs.

allegro
07-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Fuck my fucking life. Someone help.

Monday morning woke up, ear kinda hurt (i have slight allergies like once, twice a year so thought it'd be that shit)..by the night the motherfucker was completely swollen shut and hurt like someone was drilling into my skull. I went to the hospital later that night, was told it was an acute inner ear infection. Was prescribed Biaxin (powerful antibiotic), drops, as well as told to eat Advil like they were skittles, which I've been doing.

The only thing that helps is the Advil, for about 3 hours after it only hurts at a 6/10 level, still agony. At night, obviously with the fluid blocking the inside of my eardrum shifting around, it's at...oh I'd say 12/10. No fever yet, but I've literally been up for about 80 hours straight and can barely walk it hurts so much. Three days in and the antibiotics aren't doing shit. Still can't hear out of the ear and it hurts like fire.

Read the results of pretty much every Google search I could muster, 'adult ear infection', 'adult inner ear infection', etc etc and they all say it should be at least getting better by now (or if it's viral and not bacterial, the antibiotics won't help, but again...it should be clearing up by around day 3). There's no discharge so I know my eardrum hasn't ruptured, and I'd rather not get that outpatient shit where they cut your ear open with a tiny hole to drain the bitch.

Help. Anyone deal with this before? I've tried the warm showers on the back of the ear/neck, warm compress (which is the only way I can almost fall asleep when I try)...and nothing is doing anything.

Help lol.
Jesus Christ, dude, this is horrible!!

How many Advil are you taking at one time? Four Advil = prescription Advil (800 mg). I vote you go back in or see an ear nose throat specialist if this hasn't gotten better yet.

I saw a few weird but "wtf, couldn't hurt?" home remedies that include putting some salt or rice in a sock and nuking it until it's warm and put that at the back of your ear.

october_midnight
07-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Thank you so much for the home tips, I haven't even really looked at any other than applying a warm compress and the like. Standing in a hot shower with the water hitting the side of my neck definitely relieves the pain temporarily. I actually went back late last night, basically in a 'these antibiotics aren't doing anything, help me, i'm in agony' kind of mindset. Got another doctor who I've had before so was glad to see him. He actually spent some years as an ENT (thankfully), and he pretty much confirmed it.

'Yeah, those antibiotics aren't nearly strong enough.'
'Great.'
'You were right to come back after 3-4 days if it didn't improve as it should've by then...god man, if you didn't keep trying stuff, shit like this can lead to worse conditions. I'm talkin' Meningitis even.'
'Great'

LOL. So he prescribed me antibiotics that I take 4x a day and a nasal spray as he said my inner AND outer eardrum look infected which is why the pain is probably at the top of the scale. So I had one of those and sprayed twice and woke up today feeling actually a bit better. I've still got like 30% hearing out of the ear and it hurts like hell, BUT slept pretty much all night so I may be on the right track. I'm going to try that rice in a hot pack thing though FOR SURE as heat makes it feel so much better for a while!

Space Suicide
07-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Thank you so much for the home tips, I haven't even really looked at any other than applying a warm compress and the like. Standing in a hot shower with the water hitting the side of my neck definitely relieves the pain temporarily. I actually went back late last night, basically in a 'these antibiotics aren't doing anything, help me, i'm in agony' kind of mindset. Got another doctor who I've had before so was glad to see him. He actually spent some years as an ENT (thankfully), and he pretty much confirmed it.

'Yeah, those antibiotics aren't nearly strong enough.'
'Great.'
'You were right to come back after 3-4 days if it didn't improve as it should've by then...god man, if you didn't keep trying stuff, shit like this can lead to worse conditions. I'm talkin' Meningitis even.'
'Great'

LOL. So he prescribed me antibiotics that I take 4x a day and a nasal spray as he said my inner AND outer eardrum look infected which is why the pain is probably at the top of the scale. So I had one of those and sprayed twice and woke up today feeling actually a bit better. I've still got like 30% hearing out of the ear and it hurts like hell, BUT slept pretty much all night so I may be on the right track. I'm going to try that rice in a hot pack thing though FOR SURE as heat makes it feel so much better for a while!

I advocate the rice in a hot pack idea. My girlfriend knitted me my own for aches and pains and it really works pretty well. Microwave it and then put it on any place (your neck it seems) where it has a twinge of pain and it'll soothe it.

ManBurning
08-10-2013, 01:33 AM
Holy fuck do I ever feel like garbage! Goddamn summer cold came out of nowhere to bite me in the ass. Summer colds are super rare for me, they only show up once every 5 years or so (I can even remember the last one, almost EXACTLY 5 years ago right after I came back from the Pemberton festival at the end of July 2008).

My nose keeps alternating between being an endless faucet of snot or so plugged up I can't breath. I donno what's worse, but i'm leaning towards the endless snot being more annoying. Urgh, on top of the fever (in the 30 degree Celcius heat), and the gunked up junk in my chest and terrible cough this is definatly horrible!

I'm not even sure how this happened, 2 days ago I felt 100%, went for a long walk in the park, everything was fine and dandy then woke up the next morning with a super sore throat, and once you get the sore throat, there's no nursing yourself back to health from there, it's full blown GOTCHA!

Fixer808
08-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Holy fuck do I ever feel like garbage! Goddamn summer cold came out of nowhere to bite me in the ass. Summer colds are super rare for me, they only show up once every 5 years or so (I can even remember the last one, almost EXACTLY 5 years ago right after I came back from the Pemberton festival at the end of July 2008).

My nose keeps alternating between being an endless faucet of snot or so plugged up I can't breath. I donno what's worse, but i'm leaning towards the endless snot being more annoying. Urgh, on top of the fever (in the 30 degree Celcius heat), and the gunked up junk in my chest and terrible cough this is definatly horrible!

I'm not even sure how this happened, 2 days ago I felt 100%, went for a long walk in the park, everything was fine and dandy then woke up the next morning with a super sore throat, and once you get the sore throat, there's no nursing yourself back to health from there, it's full blown GOTCHA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw42Ov54Nnc

Baphomette
08-10-2013, 02:49 AM

I think you caught what I have. Sorry about that.

Seriously, though - dealing with almost exact same symtoms. BFF (naturopath) suggested the following:

- Get Brand Name Clear Lungs I like the RED label – pills not liquid. Pretty sure they have it at Whole Foods. It's popular. Otherwise most health food stores.
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/images/catalog/skus/l_ph-1053.png
- And I did mention eat organic pears so get some of the brown-skinned Asian ones (make sure they're not from Fukushima, k). eat one a day for at least five days
- Also, rub lung meridian
http://www.acupunctureproducts.com/meridians/AcupunctureLungMeridian.jpg
- Get Breathe Deep Yogi Tea- and drink lemon ginger mineral water - the lemon for vitamin c for any possible infection; the ginger will help loosen / expel mucus from lungs & help clean them out
- do deep breathing (slow inhale. long pause. slow exhale) in a place w/ decent air quality

The arm rubbing thing has made no difference but the ginger lemon water has definitely helped. Getting pears and Clear Lungs tomorrow. I hate being sick.

redshoewearer
08-10-2013, 07:04 AM

You went to Lolla right? Its a week after that, and colds seem to pop up 5-7 days after exposure - I bet you got it there - I'm sure it was a cesspool of germs - half of the bathrooms had run out of hand sanitizer. Now I am afraid since I was there too! I think I'll go hit the vitamins.

ManBurning
08-10-2013, 01:24 PM
@Miss Baphomette (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=11) - Thanks for the suggestions. That Clear Lungs product looks promising. I think i'll go get myself some of that if I can muster up the energy to get dressed and leave the house today, haha. I was planning on spending the weekend inside to try and get better. I gotta be better by Monday so I don't miss work, I somehow forced myself through the workday yesterday, but it was tough.

@redshoewearer (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/166-redshoewearer)- Yeah, I was at Lolla. I probably did catch something there. Guess I can add this to my reasons on why i dislike festivals, haha.

My immune system was probably down from last weekend from being at Lolla on Friday and Sunday and being crammed in this tiny ass little bar on Saturday night to watch Ghost play an official "lollapalooza afterparty". Was drinking like every night, obviously not eating or sleeping right while away, not taking proper suppliments all that combined with the fact that our hotel had the Air Conditioning BLASTING all night long and there was no way to turn it off. Seriously, the first night we were there we were FREEZING. We asked them to turn it down but they said it was impossible, they gave us an extra flimsy little blanket instead.

And of course, let's not forget the airplane ride, good old fashioned recycled germs circulating around in there. So if anyone there was sick, there's another culprit to blame.

It's strange, because I started taking all my usual suppliments, vitamins etc. when I returned on Monday night, i'm surprised I didn't kill off any virus that had infected me. But I guess it was a little too late.

Quite interesting that the 2 times in the last 5 years I have had summer colds were from festivals seeing NIN. (Pemberton 2008 and Lollapalooza 2013). I think that speaks volumes about the sanitation levels at festivals. Don't think i'll attend another, they're not worth getting sick over.

EDIT: I just got the Clear Lungs pills, just popped a couple. Let's hope they help with the chest mucus problem, it's probably the symptom that's bothering me the most right now.

GavinCollins420
08-11-2013, 11:19 PM
I am totally, utterly fucked.

I pulled a 12 hour nightshift at work last night. Busy as all hell. Running about like a fucking mad man for 12 hours solid is no fun. Aching all over. And to top it off, I pulled a muscle in my groin somehow and I can feel a pretty heavy cold coming on. In AUGUST. Oh, pain. The food and beverage industry is no place for anybody.

Self pity makes it hurt a little less, though.

heavenly_bearded
08-14-2013, 10:31 AM
@redshoewearer (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/166-redshoewearer)- Yeah, I was at Lolla. I probably did catch something there. Guess I can add this to my reasons on why i dislike festivals, haha.

I am right here with ya man(burning). Woke up sick Saturday after Lolla Friday. I swear it is the shitty Chicago air. Every time I go there, sick after 2 days downtown. Still congested almost 2 weeks later with no sign of getting better. Could have been affected by the AC or long car ride, but it happens every time I go to Chicago so I blame the city. The air smells like nasty sewage everywhere. Not sure what that is about but St. Paul and Minneapolis don't smell anything like that.

ManBurning
08-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, we totally caught the same bug from Lolla. I'm still congested as well, it's only been a week, but my voice is shot to hell, and I need my voice for work, so I sound like an idiot. Asside from that, I don't really have any more symptoms. Last week was nasty, but this damn chest congestion won't let up.

And yeah, it very well could have been the A/C. They had it cranked continuously all night long at the Congress Plaza and it wasn't even that goddamn warm outside! We asked them to turn it down as it was coming from the central air vents and they said it was impossible to do so. So probably a combiantion of the festival, the A/C and the plane ride home, i'm guessing.

allegro
08-14-2013, 11:31 PM
You went to Lolla right? Its a week after that, and colds seem to pop up 5-7 days after exposure - I bet you got it there - I'm sure it was a cesspool of germs - half of the bathrooms had run out of hand sanitizer. Now I am afraid since I was there too! I think I'll go hit the vitamins.
I got a death virus from hell from the pit at a NIN arena show years ago, people are too GERMY.

HOWEVER, Chicago's mold allergen counts have been off the charts high for weeks and tons of us have been suffering (including chest congestion), the only known alleviation is ... A/C. When I hate the A/C in my house being set so low, my dehumidifier is running so much I have to empty it 4-6x per day. This seems to be happening every August (this isn't cold and flu season ).

Dra508
08-15-2013, 08:53 AM
people are too GERMY.
After the whole H1N1 scare, all the PSAs on how to sneeze into your sleeve, not your hand, wash your hands regularly and sing happy birthday for length of time to wash has totally disappeared. I have seen soooo many people sneezing into their hands lately. The BF was so kind to share that the neither the old guy and the young kid that were in the men's room the same time as him washed their hands. Uhhhhhhhh:mad:

Pillfred
08-15-2013, 10:11 PM
I feel oddly achey and tired, i think i may also be getting sick.

redshoewearer
08-30-2013, 09:11 PM
My recurrent corneal erosion. It has recurred for the first time in about 6 years. Kind of feels like someone is rubbing a toothbrush across the surface of your cornea. I shouldn't be looking at this forum. I should be lying flat on my back with closed eyes while hopefully it settles down by tomorrow. At least I know better how to manage it than when it first started up. This could go in how fucked is your day or the things that piss you off. Fits in all of the above. I'd been planning to make and can salsa tonight but that's not happening now.

In case you have nothing to do you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrent_corneal_erosion

slave2thewage
09-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Sore throat, slight headache and aches. I assume death is near.

Pillfred
09-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Sore throat, slight headache and aches. I assume death is near.

That was me earlier this week, only I started with a nasty hangover. Down to some sniffles now though. Fuck being sick.

slave2thewage
09-23-2013, 08:57 AM
That was me earlier this week, only I started with a nasty hangover. Down to some sniffles now though. Fuck being sick.
I'm leaning towards bad head cold. It's the third day and the throat has abated a bit, but now I have a blocked nose and my left ear feels slightly blocked or something. I think it's the first time I've been sick in nearly three years, though, so that's something.

Pillfred
01-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Blerg, I've got a sickness. Hopefully it passes soon.

halloween
05-16-2014, 04:29 AM
Early this year I was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea. Ok, cool, it'll go away. A few months go by, the rashes come and go. 5 months later, I have a huge hive break again and now it's making my face puffy!! I've taken the antihystamines like my doctor told me, because this second time she didn't think it was Pityriasis Rosea. Today the hives are mostly gone but my face is terrible. I'm going to try dropping by my doc's because either she's not telling me everything or she's wrong. I'm also going to make an appointment with my old, trusted doctor (they are just so far away!).

I want to cry though, because the first thing I thought of when I saw my face was "SHIT, IT'S SYPHILIS!" But I never got any of the other symptoms for syphilis- like open sores? I hate everything right now.

Ryan
05-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Syphiless or syphimore?

allegro
05-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Early this year I was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea. Ok, cool, it'll go away. A few months go by, the rashes come and go. 5 months later, I have a huge hive break again and now it's making my face puffy!! I've taken the antihystamines like my doctor told me, because this second time she didn't think it was Pityriasis Rosea. Today the hives are mostly gone but my face is terrible. I'm going to try dropping by my doc's because either she's not telling me everything or she's wrong. I'm also going to make an appointment with my old, trusted doctor (they are just so far away!).
(runs off to Google Pityriasis Rosea) ... I had a rash on my face, once, and I went to the dermatologist and he said it was some long Latin word that's Latin for "rash on your face." I'm not kidding. He gave me a prescription for some corticosteroid cream and it went away in about a week. I have really hyperactive skin with allergies, so this was just another one of those "are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!" moments. But, yeah, getting another opinion might help. I've sometimes gone to 4 docs for 1 rash and gotten 4 opinions. Medical science ain't perfect. I hope you feel better soon!

Meanwhile, sick thread ...

About 5 years ago, one of my teeth (canine?) suddenly cracked for no apparent reason, below the gum line. I was sent to a periodontist for gum surgery to cut the gum lower to allow a crown to be placed on the tooth. Then, I was sent to the endodontist for a root canal. Then, my dentist did a crown with a post. FIVE YEARS LATER, after everything had looked "beautiful" according to all of the experts involved, I developed some kind of bacterial infection just above the root at the very top, about 3 weeks ago. The endodontist said sometimes "it happens" for "no apparent reason." He wanted another $1,600 to do an "apicoectomy" which means cut the side of my gum, drill a hole into my bone, chop off the top of the root, treat the infected area (which is pretty small according to the Xray), then fill the area, then hope for the best, 90% success rate of saving the tooth. (I Googled it and got photos, ugh god big mistake.) So I was all set to get the apeco, I WAS IN THE CHAIR, then I freaked out. I mean, like, tears, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, the doc stopped, said get this Rx for Valium filled, come back later. So then, INSTEAD, I made an appt. for a second opinion with my Mom's ORAL SURGEON. He said, yeah, bacteria is really smart, it may have gotten in there when this all first happened 5 years ago, colonized, went dormant, and then revived recently, and he could do the apeco. For EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS. Wtf.

So, I had the apeco done this past Tuesday by my Mom's oral surgeon, and it feels like I was in a fight. My jaw hurts, I have stitches in my mouth, I have to eat soft foods for a week (now I remember why I don't like scrambled eggs, yuck), and I am taking Vicodyn. I've never taken Vidodyn. This stuff is crazy! I can't take it while I'm working, it makes me too buzzed, whoa. So I'm taking Ibuprofen right now until I can't take it anymore and then I take a Vicodyn.

Dra508
05-16-2014, 02:49 PM

About 5 years ago, one of my teeth (canine?) suddenly cracked for no apparent reason, below the gum line. I was sent to a periodontist for gum surgery to cut the gum lower to allow a crown to be placed on the tooth. Then, I was sent to the endodontist for a root canal. Then, my dentist did a crown with a post. FIVE YEARS LATER, after everything had looked "beautiful" according to all of the experts involved, I developed some kind of bacterial infection just above the root at the very top, about 3 weeks ago. The endodontist said sometimes "it happens" for "no apparent reason." He wanted another $1,600 to do an "apicoectomy" which means cut the side of my gum, drill a hole into my bone, chop off the top of the root, treat the infected area (which is pretty small according to the Xray), then fill the area, then hope for the best, 90% success rate of saving the tooth. (I Googled it and got photos, ugh god big mistake.) So I was all set to get the apeco, I WAS IN THE CHAIR, then I freaked out. I mean, like, tears, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, the doc stopped, said get this Rx for Valium filled, come back later. So then, INSTEAD, I made an appt. for a second opinion with my Mom's ORAL SURGEON. He said, yeah, bacteria is really smart, it may have gotten in there when this all first happened 5 years ago, colonized, went dormant, and then revived recently, and he could do the apeco. For EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS. Wtf.

So, I had the apeco done this past Tuesday by my Mom's oral surgeon, and it feels like I was in a fight. My jaw hurts, I have stitches in my mouth, I have to eat soft foods for a week (now I remember why I don't like scrambled eggs, yuck), and I am taking Vicodyn. I've never taken Vidodyn. This stuff is crazy! I can't take it while I'm working, it makes me too buzzed, whoa. So I'm taking Ibuprofen right now until I can't take it anymore and then I take a Vicodyn.I had a tooth that was capped without a root canal which shortly there after got infected at the top of the root so then had to have a root canal through the cap. The bright side was when I went back to the dentist to replace the temp. filling in my crown, I didn't have to have any novocaine since I had no root nerve.

allegro
05-16-2014, 03:09 PM
I had a tooth that was capped without a root canal which shortly there after got infected at the top of the root so then had to have a root canal through the cap. The bright side was when I went back to the dentist to replace the temp. filling in my crown, I didn't have to have any novocaine since I had no root nerve.
When I had to have another one of my root canals re-done (a dentist did the root canal and fucked it up), they went through the crown and then just filled the crown. But, that was a molar and there was no post. They couldn't do that with this one because it's not a molar, there's only one root, there's a post, and they'd destroy my $1,200 crown, and then probably not be able to successfully get to the area that's affected; that's what both the endodontist and the oral surgeon said, anyway (that's why I got the 2nd opinion, to be sure the 1st guy wasn't just trying to operate on my wallet).

I looked in the mirror a little while ago and my EYE is swollen. I called the doc and he said it's normal. I guess my sinuses are swollen, too. They warned me that I shouldn't do this right before wedding photos or anything like that, LOL.

Dra508
05-16-2014, 03:31 PM
allegro My sympathies. Have some pudding.

allegro
05-16-2014, 04:42 PM
allegro My sympathies. Have some pudding.
Thanks! I did! CHOCOLATE!! :)

halloween
05-16-2014, 09:04 PM
(runs off to Google Pityriasis Rosea) ... I had a rash on my face, once, and I went to the dermatologist and he said it was some long Latin word that's Latin for "rash on your face." I'm not kidding. He gave me a prescription for some corticosteroid cream and it went away in about a week. I have really hyperactive skin with allergies, so this was just another one of those "are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!" moments. But, yeah, getting another opinion might help. I've sometimes gone to 4 docs for 1 rash and gotten 4 opinions. Medical science ain't perfect. I hope you feel better soon!

So, I had the apeco done this past Tuesday by my Mom's oral surgeon, and it feels like I was in a fight. My jaw hurts, I have stitches in my mouth, I have to eat soft foods for a week (now I remember why I don't like scrambled eggs, yuck), and I am taking Vicodyn. I've never taken Vidodyn. This stuff is crazy! I can't take it while I'm working, it makes me too buzzed, whoa. So I'm taking Ibuprofen right now until I can't take it anymore and then I take a Vicodyn.
Ughghgh, teeth stuff is the worst. I went the cheap route and saw a dentist where my mom lives in a beach town in Brazil. The outcome however was that, he had an Argentinian assitant where, in ways that humoured me more than made me nervous, they had moments of miscommunication over a word because his portuguese wasn't 100% and neither was the dentist's spanish....Anyways, I hear stories after stories of people getting put under or having laughing gas here in the states for their surgeries, even relatively minor ones.
I feel like putting the rest in caps but I won't....I spent 4 hours in the chair, getting 2 teeth out, except most of the time went into removing one tooth in particular that they had to cut into FOUR DIFFERENT PARTS. I was given localized, non-adrenaline anesthetic the whole time because the adrenaline the previous time was too strong when he removed a third tooth a couple weeks before. So the problem with this time of anesthetic is that it doesn't stay around in the local area very long because it doesn't constrict the blood vessels the way andrenaline does. The pain. the fucking pain. I felt the needle injecting anesthesia IN MY TOOTH because I was feeling the drill IN MY TOOTH. I had tears of stress and they had to massage my neck because I was getting so goddamn tense sitting there. I had no bloody idea three hours were going by. It felt endless yet all so immediate. I don't know how much time passed between every time they said "We're almost done!" Liars. LIARS. Man, what an experience.

On the other hand, I took claritin today and a multivitamin and boy I felt really great after I woke up from my nap. I had energy, my swelling went away even if some of the hives and itch didn't quite go away. Things are looking good and I HAVE made an appointment with my old, trusted doctor because I also need a second opinion about my thyroid levels. I'm not quite convinced I need medication for it the way the local doc says...she also has the same response as she had with the hives, "we don't know why your thyroid is killing itself faster but here, medication."

allegro
05-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Ughghgh, teeth stuff is the worst.
JEEEEEZUZ, if that'd happened to me, I'd never go back to a dentist again! That sounds like a torture film! For this procedure, they gave me a benzo to take an hour before, then he gave me two strong Novocain shots, which HURT but they numbed everything a lot and then the benzo really kicked in and I closed my eyes and relaxed and didn't feel anything at all and 45 minutes later my husband drove me home. For bigger oral surgeries, here, they hook you up to an IV and knock your ass OUT.

I can't stand gas, it's horrible. Most dentists offices here don't do gas anymore because it's dangerous to the employees. But they dole out all kinds of other fun stuff. They're giving my mom HALCION for her dental visits, now, because she's so nervous.

Fixer808
05-16-2014, 11:18 PM
I can't stand gas, it's horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBF83ffj1b0

Baphomette
05-16-2014, 11:22 PM
The last dentist I went to had a Spanish Christian radio station in his office and would DJ in between giving me a root canal.

Do I win?

allegro
05-16-2014, 11:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBF83ffj1b0
I had the gas at the Nazi Dentist Office as a kid and all's I remember is this kind of 3-D Dr. Tongue House of Horror's Dentist Show with the Dentist coming at me and he was, like, HUGE, and he was talking in S-L-O-W M-O-T-I-O-N, and he was asking me, "H-O-W A-R-E Y-O-U F-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-L-EEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNGGGG?" and I guess the horrified look on my face combined with the "not good" answer led to him turning the gas off and all I remember is his telling the nurse to give me oxygen and that was the end of that.

and, as I've indicated in the Drugs thread, I've done acid and all kinds of other fun stuff, but I'll never do THAT shit again. Maybe it was that shit combined with the Nazi Dentist. I dunno, but I'm lucky it didn't lead to 30 years of expensive psychiatric therapy.

allegro
05-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Okay, wait, that reminds me: I hurt my ankle last summer, long story, but it wouldn't really heal, was taking forever, then my FOOT started hurting, so I saw an ortho surgeon last month and he thought it might be my ankle but then he did XRays and wasn't sure so he wanted me to have an MRI.

Okay, so I scheduled an appointment. It's an "open" MRI. So I'm thinking, no biggee, I've done a closed MRI, where they make you strip down to a hospital gown and get into a tube and the tech's KEYS hovered MID-AIR that's how strong that magnet was, but this is my FOOT so there ain't gonna be no claustrophobia, here. So I go, and the chick gives me these hurried, rushed, half-assed instructions to leave my watch and purse in a locker, take the keys and follow her, and she's running and I follow her. Wait, stay dressed? In my jeans?? Yeah. So I follow her, she says lie down on this table, she hands me ear plugs, then some headphones, says "we got Pandora, what station you want?" fuck I dunno, I'm trying to think, she makes me put the headphones on, it's fucking Oldies, like Elvis 50s shit. So I lie down, and I take the headphones off ... WAIT, HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE? she's in a sound booth, says "about 35-40 minutes." I HAVE TO LIE STILL FOR 35-40 MINUTES? DOING NOTHING BUT LISTEN TO THIS SHITTY MUSIC IN A TUBE?

Okay, so I think I got to around 5 minutes. Then I swear to God I thought my zipper on my Columbia shirt was zapping my skin. So I hit that panic button. Tech: "Yes???" Me: "Um, there's some weird shit with my zipper, here." Her: Loud Sigh: "HOLD ON"

She came out, said "Okay, I'm pretty sure that zipper is polyester, and think about it, if that was metal, the rivets in your JEANS would be friggin' ARCING right now!" and she smiled. I frowned, embarrassed. She said don't worry, it was anxiety, happens all the time. She told me to go across the hall to my doc, ask for some VALIUM, get lots of it, then wear a jogging bra with NO METAL, and jogging pants, etc. so that my over analytical mind wouldn't play tricks on me, then come back.

I got the Rx for Valium filled. I kept the drugs, but I never did go back for the MRI. Instead, the doc has me going to Physical Therapy. To a cruel and evil PT chick who's abusing my achilles tendon and then icing it. Meanwhile, I found an ad for a SEATED MRI! You can sit there and WATCH T.V.! So if I ever need an MRI in the future, I'll know where to go.

allegro
05-17-2014, 10:14 AM
The last dentist I went to had a Spanish Christian radio station in his office and would DJ in between giving me a root canal.

Do I win?
LOL, yes, yes you do hhahha that's awful!

cynicmuse
05-17-2014, 03:26 PM
MRI story
I hate getting MRIs. I just put on the noise protection headphones and listen the MRI work. I didn't the first time and got to listen to KROQ spit through a phone system for 45 minutes.

The knee and hand weren't so bad because the majority of my body, including my head, was outside of the machine. The shoulder was not fun because I was all the way in the tube (and this was after multiple passes through a CAT scan while they injected the MRI contrast dye multiple times because they got the position of the joint wrong). I survived it by meditating. If I ever need another shoulder MRI, they'll have to give me benzos beforehand. The worst part was that the MRI didn't show the extent of the damage to the tendon; the size of the tear was only clear once my surgeon operated.

Physical therapy can be really helpful, though all of mine has been before and after surgery to fix the problem.

halloween
05-27-2014, 06:50 PM
I visited my trusted doc today and she finally had the conversation I was looking for from a doctor!! I officially quit my local doctor. First of all, after months of these mysterious hives I finally get told to get a "blood test for allergens" instead of hearing, "take antihistamines, it'll go away." The conclusion on my thyroid was the same, it's Hypo and I need medication but what was new here was she contemplated a LINK between my newly occurring thyroid problem- an AUTO IMMUNE disease- with the HIVES! Because it's likely that my hives are also AUTO IMMUNE. I hadn't changed anything in my life to introduce new allergens so I kept saying "Must be stress, maybe an immune problem" but my shitty local doctor didn't give it two thoughts.
UGH. I want to say I hate New Hampshire, but that's extreme, I just love the hippie, holistic culture of Vermont so much.
I also got prescribed 30 mins of exercise a day and to join some social group, like a hiking club. Because I'm too isolated and that's probably not helping my already depressed mood and energy levels due to my thyroid.

I feel like the last few months of my life has been a lie- I've been accepting this new me, the me that takes a lot more convincing to go out and do something, the me that had trouble loosing weight and slept a shit ton. I attributed so much of it to my job being stressful but now I'm questioning how stressful it actually it and would I had stayed on board for next year if I had been taking my meds months agooo?!? I'm now questioning my life changing decisions but at the same time I'm not at all because I want to get out of this place...

BrownEyedStatistic
05-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Occasionally I suffer from really bad abdominal pain I'm growing very concerned about it. I should have gone to the doctor the last time the pain emerged, but I didn't think of it. I was so hell-bent on getting home to yoga the misery away...The next the pain arrives, I'll go. It's a shame that I have to be in pain order for them to further assess me, but I think I can understand why. I just want answers.

Dra508
05-28-2014, 07:05 AM
I
I also got prescribed 30 mins of exercise a day and to join some social group, like a hiking club. Because I'm too isolated and that's probably not helping my already depressed mood and energy levels due to my thyroid..I encourage you to do this. Regular exercise, in a group, saved me.

halloween
05-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Now how to go about FINDING such a group...I'd only have two weekends ahead of me free. After that I'll be doing plenty of socializing by helping out with the set up of an arts/musical event which then I'll be attending, it requires camping out in the woods for a week. Then after that I'm going away for 5 weeks to Spain! I only have a few weeks to do any social group unless it's on the week days after 6pm, so that limits my options too. I don't know if I'm sticking around even after I come back from Spain in August because I've applied for jobs in different parts of the country....I wonder what my doctor would have said if I mentioned all these future plans where I'll be inundated with new and old friends.

Dra508
05-28-2014, 01:09 PM
I wonder what my doctor would have said if I mentioned all these future plans where I'll be inundated with new and old friends.I'm sure he/she'd have said good - getting up and out socializing is important. The exercise part really is about giving you a boost. I really think it improves your outlook, mind body and soul. Personally, I'm just more motivated in a group, not necessarily competitive, but if they're moving and doing it, then so can I - at least finish.

halloween
05-28-2014, 05:35 PM
I think joining a group would be good for me too. It's something I need to consider but I don't think it needs to be an active group because other than that I'm easily fullfilling her 30 mins requirement since it takes me 20 mins to bike to work and 30 mins back (I'm more tired on the way back!). Last weekend I go out and tried to bike to the next major town over, but I got 6 miles out and decided to turn around or else I really wouldn't make it back home! It's my goal to bike all to way to the town. It is harder to go out and bike for no reason, which is why I'm considering a group.

Pillfred
08-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Hooray for head colds making me seem stoned and retarded at my Interview today. That and i hate feeling like shit in general.

miss k bee
10-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Starting to get worried about random stomach pains I've been getting, been in good health till now. Time to go to the doctor.

halloween
10-29-2014, 07:44 PM
I am genuinely pissed off at the fact that no one knows what the fucking fuck causes my thyroid to be one of those under producing ones. Diseases can fuck themselves. I liked being a healthy person whose only problem was PMS. Fucking fuck everything.

That said, I'm super fucking glad it's easily treatable with medication and isn't life threatening. Just one of those "Hey, it's super common in the world, oh well. deal with it!"

aggroculture
03-09-2015, 09:54 AM
super back pain is back
saw a chiropractor last week, but afterwords it's been a lot worse: she used a tool on my back and I think that did it
now going to physical therapy
ugh

ManBurning
07-22-2016, 12:58 AM
It's been over a year since anyone on this forum posted in this thread? Wow, what's everyone's secret for staying so healthy?

I have one of the worst sinus colds ever. Right in the middle of summer. Fantastic.
Not surprised, just came back from a vacation where I took 3 plane rides, a train ride, stayed at 5 hotels and was at a music festival. It was bound to happen.

Millionaire
07-23-2016, 08:21 PM
So I got some nasty acute gastroenteritis. I had some antiviral and antibiotics laying around, so I needed to figure out what caused it. The internet said it could be a virus or bacteria, so...I just said fuck it and took both. Either way, something would work. I feel better now, but I think the antiviral also helped with a coughing/airway constriction issue I had, so thats good, too. The wonders of expensive modern medicine.

Dra508
07-24-2016, 06:37 PM
It's been over a year since anyone on this forum posted in this thread? Wow, what's everyone's secret for staying so healthy?

I have one of the worst sinus colds ever. Right in the middle of summer. Fantastic.
Not surprised, just came back from a vacation where I took 3 plane rides, a train ride, stayed at 5 hotels and was at a music festival. It was bound to happen.

Seriously, wash hands and wipe down everything, that's my travel motto. People are disgusting dirty germ carriers.

Lew
09-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Roasted onion juice in ear...hoping I didn't leave it too late. Ugh. Ow.

[parasite]
09-01-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm struggling with my mental health yet again......

mostlymad
08-03-2017, 05:07 AM
So, returning to work after six weeks of recovering from surgery left me in a vulnerable situation, I guess. I got some nasty bug. It sent me into a pain like that of about the 4th day after surgery. Not as bad as right after, but definitely up there in misery. Therefore, I have taken an extra day off work. I didn't intend to return to work part time for the first week, though everyone kept suggesting it. Next time, I will prepare to do so, before I go back. I look fine on the outside, since they used the robot to assist, and I intellectually know my insides were in a bad state. I just need to let the healing happen at its own pace. I just want to get back to the way I was before all the pain even started.