PDA

View Full Version : Telltale games

Mr. Blaileen
04-09-2015, 11:35 PM
Anyone else play any of the Telltale games? They're more like playing an interactive movie than a game, but I love them anyway. I've never thought so hard about my video game decisions! So far I've played both of The Walking Dead seasons and I just finished The Wolf Among Us. Both were awesome in their own ways, but I definitely loved the noir feel of TWAU. My only wish is that they were a bit longer so I'd have more to play through! I'm thinking about playing through the Game of Thrones one since I've read the books and watch the show, but I wish they'd hurry up and release the last few episodes so I could get the full season.

Tums206_BFY
04-10-2015, 05:52 PM
The Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2 along with the Wolf Among Us were the first 3 Telltale games I played and enjoyed them a lot. I ended up playing Back to the Future and Jurassic Park after getting both seasons for$1.60 a few weeks ago when they had a sale on PSN, thought Back to the future was pretty good, Jurassic park was okay probably the weakest of the Telltale games I have played to date. I bought the Tales from Borderlands season pass during the holiday PSN sale when it was on discount, I will wait for all episodes to play it though (heard good things about it!) and just bought the Game of Thrones season pass today since it is on sale until April 14th on PSN (it is nearly $8 cheaper than the full price) and will also wait until all are released til I play it. Telltale games are a nice change from most of the games I play so I enjoy them a lot for the most part.

My issues with Telltale are:
-Their release times are really inconsistent
-They could make some episodes longer, I think TWD season 2 suffered a bit from short episodes compared to the first season.
-They could update their engine, but I heard the reason they don't is because it allows them to release on multiple platforms easily.
-Their games are a bit glitchy at times

But like I said for the most part I really enjoy their games a lot and they offer a nice change from many of the other games I play. Look forward to when I can finally play Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones, and when season three of TWD is released. Also I hope they have TWAU season 2.

Mr. Blaileen
04-10-2015, 10:16 PM
I've thought about playing Tales from Borderlands, but I don't play the regular Borderlands games, so I feel like some of that stuff would be lost on me. I might go through the Jurassic Park one since I have a big soft spot for the first movie. My issues with the games are the exact same ones as yours. Some of the episodes seem too short, and the games definitely glitch out at times. But the method of storytelling is unique enough for me to enjoy going through them. Like you said, they're not the type of games I normally play, so they're a good change of pace.

I really hope they have more TWAU as well. I only finished the first season a few days ago, and I was really enjoying getting to know the characters. The game seemed like it ended too soon, but I did thoroughly enjoy it. Apparently the Telltale twitter account has thrown out a few cryptic tweets alluding to lines of dialogue from the first game, so maybe they're finally teasing season 2.

Tums206_BFY
04-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Looks like Marvel is teaming up with Telltale for some future games, the first one scheduled to come out in 2017. Sounds good for Telltale and Marvel, should be interesting to see what they choose to do and how they tie it to the MCU.

Anyways here's the link:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/23/8486213/marvel-telltale-games-partnership

Thiah
04-23-2015, 11:36 PM
i have purchased:
the Walking Dead Season One (PS3 & PS4)
The Walking Dead Season Two (PS3 & PS4)
The Wolf Among Us (PS3 and Vita)
Game of Thrones (Season pass - PS4)
Tales from the Borderlands (Season pass - XBO)
I also have the Jurassic Park game but I haven't played it yet.
I absolutely love Telltale games but I'm not too excited about the Marvel deal. They seem to have so much going on but they're missing the most important project/game: THE WOLF AMONG US SEASON 2!!!!! To me, it's hands down the bed thing they've done. I like the new stuff but I want more Bigby and the Fables. That's such an awesome universe.

Wretchedest
04-24-2015, 02:23 AM
Looks like Marvel is teaming up with Telltale for some future games, the first one scheduled to come out in 2017. Sounds good for Telltale and Marvel, should be interesting to see what they choose to do and how they tie it to the MCU.

Anyways here's the link:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/23/8486213/marvel-telltale-games-partnership

Its extremely bizarre that these will be the first good marvel games in ever.

Space Suicide
04-24-2015, 01:25 PM
These fuckers will make anything and everything won't they? I'll pass.

Conan The Barbarian
04-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Why not? They have proven themselves with great story games.

Space Suicide
04-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Why not? They have proven themselves with great story games.

I don't care for the point click genre. I only really LOVE the Game of Thrones game. I had a few episodes from TWD season 1 series but eh, it didn't blow me away. I found Wold Among Us whatever. I have zero interest in Borderlands and I can't see how playing a superhero based Marvel game would be any fun to just be point and click. It'd seem like a restriction.

Plus they're making a Minecraft game too. Uh, how? Why? Meh.

thelastdisciple
04-25-2015, 06:48 PM
I just bought the full season of Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space. :D

october_midnight
12-03-2015, 08:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVWPr--UAAEYfFc?format=png&name=large

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-03-2015, 08:56 PM
I have been playing TWD Season 1 lately since it hasn't been touched in months. I love how long the episodes are and it really makes you think about your choices. Easy trophies, good story, and the graphics are charming. I really wanna try The Wolf Among Us since I hear nothing but great things about that game. Game of Thrones was pretty awesome as well. I downloaded the first episode for free and it was better than I expected.