PDA

View Full Version : The Line Begins to Blur teespring campaign.

Leviathant
03-25-2015, 12:41 AM
Posted about it on the Twitters, might as well mention it here too.

I made a shirt using the Bleedthrough art and lyrics from The Line Begins to Blur (http://teespring.com/tlbtb). Hopefully that doesn't net me a cease & desist, we'll just have to wait and see.

It's single color ink (black) on a variety of shirts - black, red, cranberry, gray, from a variety of shirt manufacturers, so pick your favorite. Shirts are unisex, women's fitted, and women's relaxed.

Despite what the page says at the time of this post, it's not set to print after three have been ordered, it needs 50 shirts to get through. I'm not confident it'll hit 50, but we'll see how it goes.

Also, the preview of the art that Teespring generated isn't so hot. You can see a higher resolution picture of the artwork on imgur (http://imgur.com/6mlvpip).

telee.kom
03-25-2015, 04:06 AM
Considering that shipping outside of US is 14 bucks and conversion rates between USD and CZK are highest in 10+years, I don't know if I'll be ordering this one, but damn does it look nice! How is the quality of the material, anybody have some experiences with this brand?

ethan829
03-25-2015, 05:08 AM
Considering that shipping outside of US is 14 bucks and conversion rates between USD and CZK are highest in 10+years, I don't know if I'll be ordering this one, but damn does it look nice! How is the quality of the material, anybody have some experiences with this brand?

I ordered one of the Echoing The Sound shirts (an American Apparel tank, I think) and the quality is really good. The shirt is soft without feeling cheap, and the printing is really sharp and hasn't faded at all yet.

MrSlfDstruct
03-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Ordered! Hard to find a good red shirt, and I've always loved the Bleedthrough artwork. Nice work, sir!

Wolfkiller
03-26-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm down... I just need to Google and see what the difference between a regular shirt and ringspun is!
Edit: OK, now I need to pick a color. Or colors.
Double edit!: Cranberry AA and Black Ringspun. Wootwoot!

botley
03-29-2015, 09:02 PM
...just pulled the trigger and made it to 50! Enjoy the shirts everybody :)

Krazy
03-29-2015, 11:51 PM
In- looks great and and that didn't take long to reach goal. Looking forward to seeing the red when I get it.

And never hurts to have another T lying around. :P

Leviathant
03-31-2015, 02:26 PM
Huh. Teespring has a stores interface now. If you're interested in one of the past ETS/Hotline shirts, you can sign up for a waiting list (http://teespring.com/stores/echoing-the-sound), and if enough people sign up, it'll relaunch the campaign. I'm not really pushing that, but I was pretty spammy about both the ETS and the NIN Hotline shirts, and after they ended, I still got a handful of people who were like "I had no idea this was a thing or I would have ordered!"

xolotl
03-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks for putting this together, btw! The design looks pretty badass.

(I've been hoping for a reprint of those ETS shirts too, after I accidentally ordered the wrong size the first time around!)

gorast
03-31-2015, 08:37 PM
Damn it, I had the wrong color selected when I made my order. Is there any way to change that? I wanted the red XL (I just ordered) but I chose black by accident.

Krazy
03-31-2015, 09:50 PM
@nineinchnails #ceaseanddesist #LOL

o_O

Leviathant
03-31-2015, 10:29 PM
Damn it, I had the wrong color selected when I made my order. Is there any way to change that? I wanted the red XL (I just ordered) but I chose black by accident.

When I screwed up, I just canceled my order and made a new one. It says you can follow the link in the confirmation email to modify the order, but that didn't seem to work for me. There's no penalty in canceling an order.

Leviathant
03-31-2015, 10:31 PM
@nineinchnails #ceaseanddesist #LOL

o_O

For all the bootleg NIN shirts on eBay that have been selling there for years and years, I figured I'd take my chances on some designs that I thought would be cool. Anyone who might object has my email address, they haven't complained. So far, so good.

gorast
03-31-2015, 10:39 PM
I mentioned it here because I couldn't find a cancellation link, either. I'll see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: Never mind, once I actually made an account, it let me cancel the order. Redoing it now.

kdrcraig
04-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Just ordered one, really like the design on this. Went with cranberry since the red seemed like it could be a little in your face.

Glad I randomly stumbled upon this thread, didn't know you had another shirt going.

Leviathant
04-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Just ordered one, really like the design on this. Went with cranberry since the red seemed like it could be a little in your face.

Glad I randomly stumbled upon this thread, didn't know you had another shirt going.

I'm kind of a terrible marketer & salesperson. I get an idea for a shirt, and I want the shirt, but I'm not going to silkscreen it myself & I don't want to blow $100 or whatever a screen charge is these days, so I put up a Teespring, tweet about it, and hope enough people jump in to make it happen.

I went for both Cranberry and Black myself. Can't wait. Literally... I'm going to end the campaign early because I can't wait.

baudolino
04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
ordered cranberry and black. thanks!

screwdriver
04-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Posted about it on the Twitters, might as well mention it here too.

I made a shirt using the Bleedthrough art and lyrics from The Line Begins to Blur (http://teespring.com/tlbtb). Hopefully that doesn't net me a cease & desist, we'll just have to wait and see.

It's single color ink (black) on a variety of shirts - black, red, cranberry, gray, from a variety of shirt manufacturers, so pick your favorite. Shirts are unisex, women's fitted, and women's relaxed.

Despite what the page says at the time of this post, it's not set to print after three have been ordered, it needs 50 shirts to get through. I'm not confident it'll hit 50, but we'll see how it goes.

Also, the preview of the art that Teespring generated isn't so hot. You can see a higher resolution picture of the artwork on imgur (http://imgur.com/6mlvpip).

holy fuck, I am literally listening to this song for the first time in awhile, go to ETS, and see this thread at the top (haven't been on much). IN.

MrSlfDstruct
04-01-2015, 09:01 PM
I went for both Cranberry and Black myself. Can't wait. Literally... I'm going to end the campaign early because I can't wait.

Do it! I want this shirt right meow.

sick among the pure
04-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Ordered one of the gray, but still kinda thinking about getting a second one in black, because the graphic and lyrics really lend to not standing out clearly.
How much longer you leaving it up?

Leviathant
04-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Ordered one of the gray, but still kinda thinking about getting a second one in black, because the graphic and lyrics really lend to not standing out clearly.
How much longer you leaving it up?

I'm wrapping it up tomorrow (Friday)

WorzelG
04-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Even though the shipping is $12.50 for international orders, this whole thing will only end up being £21. Thinking of buying this as a nice birthday present for myself

Halo Infinity
04-02-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm wrapping it up tomorrow (Friday)
Oh dear goodness. I just ordered it in the nick of time then, as I was about to not only put it off, but go on a break again. With all due respect, and not to be a nudge, please don't do that again. I noticed you said early, but I didn't realize it was going to be that early. I still really appreciate it though. With Teeth was a very memorable record and era for me as a Nine Inch Nails fan, considering how it was the very first Nine Inch Nails album I actually waited for, and 2005 was also the year of attending not only my very first Nine Inch Nails show, but my very first rock concert ever.

I supposed that I just got psyched up a little bit more than usual, since With Teeth means a lot to me, especially along with the memories it gave to me as a new fan. Along with The Fragile, With Teeth also reminds me of a best friend I used to hang out with on a regular basis, who is also a NIN fan. We used to sometimes even blast both albums in his apartment too.

The Line Begins to Blur T-shirt will also go great with my ETS shirt as well. I also like how the With Teeth title/logo looks against the color red too. :D

Anyway, thank you very much for making it all possible yet again. I think I might even wear it to my second time seeing Ministry live as well. I'll save wearing the ETS shirt for the next NIN show I'd hopefully see. And well, that's a relief, I can breathe easy now. I'm also just thankful that I at least got around to it on time. :)

As for the color, I got the red T-shirt because it reminded me of shirt Trent Reznor wore in this video of Every Day Is Exactly The Same on the Beside You In Time DVD and its actual cover art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysFxrPNjvNA

gorast
04-17-2015, 03:53 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7585/17180538841_39cc1b7539_b.jpg https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8824/16993379228_aaf814b0d8_b.jpg

Apologies for the poor photo quality. The red is a lot brighter than I expected, but it's a very nice shirt.

Leviathant
04-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Apologies for the poor photo quality. The red is a lot brighter than I expected, but it's a very nice shirt.

WOW that's bright. Do you remember if that's the cranberry American Apparel or the red premium ringspun? Thanks for posting pics!

gorast
04-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Red premium ringspun. It is indeed very bright.

botley
04-17-2015, 10:08 PM
I see White and Gold

bgalbraith
04-17-2015, 11:49 PM
Here's the cranberry. More in line with the SONIO RED shirt. I did ratchet the brightness way down in this image to be more like what I was looking at, as the iPhone camera did some weird white-balancing that made it look a lighter shade of red.

http://i.imgur.com/gBC4wF3.jpg

botley
04-17-2015, 11:56 PM
I see Blue and Black

gorast
04-18-2015, 01:45 AM
I don't think there was ever a cranberry option when I was ordering my shirt. Weird.

bgalbraith
04-18-2015, 08:30 AM
I don't think there was ever a cranberry option when I was ordering my shirt. Weird.

The color choices were specific to each make of shirt offered. Only the American Apparel option had cranberry.

Krazy
04-18-2015, 05:59 PM
I don't recall a cranberry option either, looking at my order it says "Red Premium".

Here it is next a Ferrari red T shirt- very similar considering how many times my Ferrari shirt has gone through the washer/dryer...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/5CAFF272-EFB0-4F6A-B9E2-3D70DC9077A1.jpg (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5CAFF272-EFB0-4F6A-B9E2-3D70DC9077A1.jpg.html)

Leviathant
04-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Part of the thing with the black-on-black (or black-on-charcoal) shirt is that as time passes, the black of the shirt will fade, but the ink stays dark. I have an Autechre shirt that I bought in... 2000? Whenever it was that they played the 9:30 club. When I got it, you could barely see the (ae) logo, but after a year or two, it was more visible, and now it really stands out. I started really getting into this idea when I pulled out my old salt-and-teeth shirt and compared it to the gray Tension tour shirt with teeth on it. Even though the first shirt began its life as a black shirt, it's now a gray shirt.

There's also kind of an "I'm wearing this for me" aspect to the black-on-black that I like. Guess I'm weird like that.

I ordered both the cranberry red and the black American Apparel shirts, which shipped from Florida yesterday, so I'm hoping to get them by the end of the week.

xolotl
04-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Woo, just got my shirts today - I love how subtle the design is on the black-on-black design. They turned out great!

hughman
04-22-2015, 04:09 AM
Got mine today thanks! I got the cranberry. Looks great

kdrcraig
04-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Got mine yesterday, the cranberry looks great. Awesome shirt!

ninlive
04-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Shoutout Leviathant. These shirts are tits.

sick among the pure
04-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I got the gray one, and it looks so great, I'm getting the black on black after I get paid tomorrow. Thanks for opening order back up.

OSLIN
04-27-2015, 08:49 PM
Just got the Cranberry.

DVYDRNS
04-27-2015, 10:24 PM
i ordered black on black because of my soul and stuff.

Leviathant
04-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone! I think these are the best shirts we've done yet. Probably the last for a while, I'm all out of ideas, and I'm back up to my ambiguous personal threshold of black shirts.

MrSlfDstruct
04-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Have you ever considered (or, shit, even done one at some point that I missed) doing a design contest on here for a shirt that would later be "sponsored" by ETS/the hotline? I'm sure a lot of people could come up with some cool ideas for a design that people could vote on, or even do one design for the front and one design for the back.

I really like the idea of these unofficial nin shirts. It's cool having somethin' a little different.

Leviathant
04-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Have you ever considered (or, shit, even done one at some point that I missed) doing a design contest on here for a shirt that would later be "sponsored" by ETS/the hotline? I'm sure a lot of people could come up with some cool ideas for a design that people could vote on, or even do one design for the front and one design for the back.

I really like the idea of these unofficial nin shirts. It's cool having somethin' a little different.

I'd be open to the idea again. I'm pretty sure I've done that for both the NIN Hotline and ETS in the past, and the entries I got never really struck me. I've done similar things for the NIN Hotline header graphic, too. A lot of people mean well, but don't pay attention to things like kerning, contrast, or how things like single color silkscreens work. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be up for putting the opportunity out there again - I think it's an awesome idea!

sick among the pure
05-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Got my black on black today, love it!
Is anyone else noticing a vinegar smell on the shirts when you first get them?

ninlive
05-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Is anyone else noticing a vinegar smell on the shirts when you first get them?

It's a pre-solution sprayed onto the shirt for the printing of the design. It's not actually vinegar, but gives off the smell.