PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Madmya
11-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Anyone here own Forza Horizon 2? Thinking about buying it but I wanna make sure it was as enjoyable as the first one...
I think it's so much better than the first one.

Rubeninphoenix
11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Demo was great and the friends I have that do have it, enjoy it. Definite buy for sure.D’oh! Of course the demo, how did I forget about that? Will have to download it but....(see reply below)

I think it's so much better than the first one.I’ll have to take a fellow ETSer’s word for it and that I REALLY LOVED the first one.

Time to buy a proper steering wheel and pedals controller and a nice gaming chair for said controller (and game of course).

Space Suicide
11-12-2014, 02:05 PM
D’oh! Of course the demo, how did I forget about that? Will have to download it but....(see reply below)

I’ll have to take a fellow ETSer’s word for it and that I REALLY LOVED the first one.

Time to buy a proper steering wheel and pedals controller and a nice gaming chair for said controller (and game of course).

Only downside with Horizon 2 is the soundtrack. The first had better tunes.

Rubeninphoenix
11-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Only downside with Horizon 2 is the soundtrack. The first had better tunes.Hmmm, just looking at the soundtrack, looks like I would enjoy Horizon Bass Arena the most this go-around. Last time, it was Pulse.

Madmya
11-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I actually didn't like the first Horizon much at all, and this is from a big Forza fan. I think Horizon 2 just does a much better job of hooking you in. You really won't be disappointed with the purchase.

theburningreptile
11-15-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm getting an xbox one for Christmas. I'm getting the Assaasins Creedd bundle which comes with Black Flag and Unity. I'm also getting The Master Chief Collection. Mostly for nostalgia and because I haven't played the 4th one yet. Do y'all like it? Also really wanting to get The Evil Within and Far Cry 4. I am pretty excited. My brother in-law has a ps4 so we will have access to all the exclusives then. :D

Rubeninphoenix
11-15-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm getting an xbox one for Christmas. I'm getting the Assaasins Creedd bundle which comes with Black Flag and Unity. I'm also getting The Master Chief Collection. Mostly for nostalgia and because I haven't played the 4th one yet. Do y'all like it? Also really wanting to get The Evil Within and Far Cry 4. I am pretty excited. My brother in-law has a ps4 so we will have access to all the exclusives then. :DHalo 4 is pretty fricking sweet. That is/was a great story as it developed throughout the campaign.

Conan The Barbarian
11-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Question, is all multiplayer halo 2 or do they go to each respective game?

Space Suicide
11-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Hopefully you're lucky and Master Chief Collection works for you by then. Game is a pile of rubbish. Broken servers, glitchy frame rate drops, lousy matchmaking with still no fixes and other errors I can't even list. I've replayed the first mission of Halo 4 5 times, the achievement progress is at 100% and has been for 4 days and has yet to unlock. I played the second mission today and got no achievement nor does the game even acknowledge that I even beat it within the stats career menu.

This series is an amazing journey and a lot of contentfor the pricetag but these fucking issues are making it goddamn useless.

Madmya
11-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Question, is all multiplayer halo 2 or do they go to each respective game?
There is multiplayer for each respective game. You can mix it up too I believe, so play some halo 1 followed by 2 etc. Though I can't give you a definitive answer on that because I can't get a game online.

Conan The Barbarian
11-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Ugh, these bugs. Anyone experience a freeze after an mp match. Specifically the h2 anniversary.

I always have to restart the game.

Rabbit
11-16-2014, 03:38 AM
Ugh, these bugs. Anyone experience a freeze after an mp match. Specifically the h2 anniversary.

I always have to restart the game.

The game is marred with issues. It's been getting better with each update they do, apparently they're working around the clock to fix all the problems. But since there's just a shit ton of problems i don't know when the game will be up and running appropriately.

They really fucked this up. I know a lot of people that got Xbox Ones just for this collection. It's a huge disaster right now.

Conan The Barbarian
11-16-2014, 11:13 AM
I have to agree. Its a shame. But I'm sure once its up and running, its going to be a blast. But they should compensate us with something.

Rubeninphoenix
11-16-2014, 12:42 PM
I might just wait now to get MCC after hearing all of the issues now. It’s a shame that a game that is supposed to be one of the One’s holiday crown jewels has been so buggy for those loyal fans who purchased right away.

Rabbit
11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
I might just wait now to get MCC after hearing all of the issues now. It’s a shame that a game that is supposed to be one of the One’s holiday crown jewels has been so buggy for those loyal fans who purchased right away.
Wait until the holidays, it should be working by then. I got in some games today fairly quickly but there's still issues with uneven teams and freezes.

Rubeninphoenix
11-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Wait until the holidays, it should be working by then. I got in some games today fairly quickly but there's still issues with uneven teams and freezes.I’m just gonna wait until I 100% know all the kinks have been ironed out.

In other news: Preordered GTA V and got Forza Horizon 2. Also bought 2 controllers since the one that came with my XB1 was stolen. Now, to buy the steering wheel controller and a nice chair to connect the wheel and pedals to.

Rubeninphoenix
11-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Ok I am REALLY enjoying FH2. I haven’t started GTA V because of it actually.

Conan The Barbarian
11-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Hmm maybe when the dust settles we can ride out on some GTA mp. Maybe we can get that ets rollin in a room

Conan The Barbarian
11-20-2014, 08:42 PM
So the patch is out, but now the game won't synch with my data. This trend of shipping out buggy games needs to stop.

Space Suicide
11-20-2014, 09:15 PM
So the patch is out, but now the game won't synch with my data. This trend of shipping out buggy games needs to stop.

GTAV?

My patch for Halo is flawless and I'm finding games just fine too.

Rabbit
11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
damn, i just got home from being out all day. some people are saying the patch is working well and others are saying they can't sync... here goes my turn. wish me luck

Space Suicide
11-21-2014, 01:36 PM
This weekend, the Xbox One will celebrate its one year anniversary. In order to show its appreciation for nearly 10 million console sales since launch, Microsoft is offering a wide range of digital goodies to all of its early adopters.

If you bought an Xbox One at any point between November 22nd, 2013 and November 11th, 2014 in any of the 13 launch markets, are at least 17 years old and have 10 hours of usage on your console, these are the gifts you’ll receive this weekend:

A Year One Gamer Picture
New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)

A few lucky fans will also be selected to win bigger prizes, including Xbox One bundles, a subscription to EA Access, Xbox Live Gold 12-month memberships and several free games.

And if you happen to be signed up for Xbox Marketing emails, you should receive a personalized email detailing all of your accomplishments on Xbox One over the past year.

So, I haven't gotten an email yet BUT I got a message on my gamertag's inbox and it had a code for the Vanity Bundle Pack for Sunset Overdrive. It included 7 DLC outfit pieces. From what I gather it is entirely exclusive to these special messages. The anniversary listing for DLC for select members didn't mention Sunset Overdrive having any part so who knows.

Either way this is cool and tomorrow marks one year already! Time flies.

Rabbit
11-28-2014, 12:19 AM
For anyone that hasn't played the best shooter this gen.. ugh, Titanlfall. It's on black promotion sale now on xbox live digital for gold members. $12.49 with all the map packs included!!! Can't beat that deal man.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...e-252c0cc6a78b (https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/TITANFALL-DELUXE-EDITION/3bfd1c20-747a-4bbb-978e-252c0cc6a78b)
gotta be signed in to get the promo price

Kodiak33
11-28-2014, 08:42 AM
I couldn't beat this refurbished price...they should have some still in stock. Yesterday they also had Forza 5 included, but I don't see it anymore.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-with-Kinect-Refurbished-+-Free-Game/productID.310723000

kdrcraig
11-28-2014, 08:53 AM
There are crazy deals on bundles right now. Just ordered a kinect free One with the master chief collection for $329 from Walmart

Thiah
11-29-2014, 12:29 AM
I got the xbox one unity bundle today. So stoked. I haven't had an xbox since my 2nd 360 died on me in 2008.

Jinsai
11-29-2014, 12:43 AM
I got the xbox one unity bundle today. So stoked. I haven't had an xbox since my 2nd 360 died on me in 2008.

if I bought a brand of car, and it broke on me after minimal use... and then I bought the same brand again... and it broke again after minimal use... and I was so burnt about it that I stopped driving cars for six years... why would I then buy the same brand of car again? Why wouldn't I try another brand?

Conan The Barbarian
11-29-2014, 02:28 AM
Its just gaming dude, chill.

Wretchedest
11-29-2014, 02:45 AM
I still dont give this thing a lot of play. I do love me some titanfall, but playing old halo games actually showed me how progressive shooters like Titanfall and Destiny really are. I really like and want that sense of movement and that customization element. To me, halo games have always represented an apex of competitive fps and map making design butz that said they are tough as hell to go back to.

Of course, Halo 5 looks like its going to fix some of that. Halo 5 looks very, very good.

Jinsai
11-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Its just gaming dude, chill.

How was anything I said implying that I wasn't calm or pretty much entirely indifferent? I'm not freaking out, I'm not upset. I'm asking a pretty simple question.

Are you getting inordinately upset?

bruised
11-29-2014, 08:13 AM
if I bought a brand of car, and it broke on me after minimal use... and then I bought the same brand again... and it broke again after minimal use... and I was so burnt about it that I stopped driving cars for six years... why would I then buy the same brand of car again? Why wouldn't I try another brand?
Because it's new and shiny, and he likes xbox obviously.

Thiah
11-29-2014, 11:05 AM

After that second one died I was so pissed off I just stopped playing. I got a PS3 in 2011 and never had any issues with it. I love it. I also got a PS4 in April. I feel like the Xbox One isn't really having any issues like the 360 did so I decided it was time again. I now have a PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. I'll be using my PS4 for multi-platform games.

Jinsai
11-29-2014, 12:27 PM
I now have a PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. I'll be using my PS4 for multi-platform games.

You have both of the new generation consoles? Which do you like better, the One or the PS4? So far, I've been pretty disappointed with the PS4.

I really feel like the gun was jumped here, and that the affordable technology just wasn't ready yet.

Conan The Barbarian
11-29-2014, 12:58 PM
How was anything I said implying that I wasn't calm or pretty much entirely indifferent? I'm not freaking out, I'm not upset. I'm asking a pretty simple question.

Are you getting inordinately upset?

Its came off that to me at least. I got no beef with you. I also quit smoking so my head ain't on straight. My bad

Jinsai
11-29-2014, 05:22 PM
I also quit smoking so my head ain't on straight.

Quitting smoking is tough, but it's helpful to remind yourself that it isn't that hard. If you tell yourself that it's incredibly difficult, then it starts to feel impossible. I think that was a huge part of the difficulty for me. Once I stopped treating it alike it was such a challenge, it got a lot easier.

Then there's just the shitty part where you have dreams that you screwed up and started smoking again. That can get really annoying.

Wretchedest
11-29-2014, 06:38 PM
You have both of the new generation consoles? Which do you like better, the One or the PS4? So far, I've been pretty disappointed with the PS4.

I really feel like the gun was jumped here, and that the affordable technology just wasn't ready yet.

I have both, and to me the PS4 is clear superior, even though sometimes XBox gets an exclusive that i really like.

I often here that sentiment, "the gun was jumped" but I think it is just the exact opposite. Too much time in the previous generation was squandered on bullshit motion controls, and if it wasn't, we probably would have gotten consoles with this technology around the time we were getting Kinect and Move. Game companies are STILL pussyfooting and straddling the generations, which is why the technology sometimes feels like it's not enough: we're still getting mostly games that are developed to work with the old power level.

But this is a huge leap. It's not as obvious when moving from ps3 to ps4, but when I go back to play a ps3 game it's CRAZY. "Did they really look this bad?" I seriously double take, because the last generation just looks like shit to me now. This sis a good thing. I think it's always a better idea to build new machines than put old ones on life support. I like to see more detailed worlds and characters all in the interest of telling a more compelling story.

And clearly a lot of people share this sentiment. The PS4 is on track to becoming the best selling console OF ALL TIME. I think that it's a good thing. For the most part I think it's a really great console. I hardly think it's perfect but right now it has absolutely zero competition worth speaking of, IMO.

Jinsai
11-29-2014, 11:20 PM
might be true... I haven't really turned the PS3 back on since I got the PS4. I definitely like the controller better (even though I HATE that I occasionally hit that gigantic touch screen pad button when I don't want to).

I think the first game I'm going to go back and finish on PS3 is going to be South Park... and I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with how that one looks. I am going to pick up the new Dark Souls II release for PS4. I'd like to compare that.

The one I was a little surprised by was The Last of Us. I bought that for PS4, but I felt really surprised by how... unimpressed I was with the graphics. I was blown away by the PS3 version. I haven't done a side-to-side comparison, but it just looked kind of clunky and ugly, whereas when I played it on PS3 I thought it looked incredible.

Rabbit
11-30-2014, 02:47 AM
I hardly think it's perfect but right now it has absolutely zero competition worth speaking of, IMO.
Despite having a controller that never keeps charge because of an obnoxious LED light, always has the thumb sticks wearing out, and no decent exclusives after 1 whole year. Hmmm....:rolleyes:

though some cross platform games do have slightly better resolution. :p

Wretchedest
11-30-2014, 03:33 AM
Despite having a controller that never keeps charge because of an obnoxious LED light, always has the thumb sticks wearing out, and no decent exclusives after 1 whole year. Hmmm....:rolleyes:

though some cross platform games do have slightly better resolution. :p
Yeah i hate that stupid LED light. But i LOVE infamous, so to say it has no exclusives is kind of rediculous. Also has like 1/5 more destiny, and that extra content is some of the best parts in destiny per category.

Exclusives SHOULD be the determining factor, but both consoles have great exclusives, although the list looks to be narrowing. Titanfall 2 is going to Ps4 leaving xbox with halo and crackdown. Yes it has sunset overdrive, but im not sold on that game.

My experience with the PS4 has just been so much smoother and more user friendly.

I dont know what you're talking about with the thumbsticks? Havent heard anything about it. Ive logged like 600 hours on destiny alone since september and the sticks are fine.

I will say that some players in general are very abusive to controllers and i had known former roomates to do horrible things to my 360 sticks.

Thiah
11-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Anyone want a download code for AC: Black Flag on Xbox one? It came with my system and I already have it for ps3. I was going to sell it but it's on eBay for like $5 so I'm not going to bother with that.

EDIT: gone

Conan The Barbarian
12-11-2014, 11:41 AM
So SWAT has been added. The game isnt still performing. But I feel like the multiplayer is lacking. I was lead to believe that we can just do each individual halo games MP. Ugh, this game sucks.

Space Suicide
12-12-2014, 12:04 AM
So SWAT has been added. The game isnt still performing. But I feel like the multiplayer is lacking. I was lead to believe that we can just do each individual halo games MP. Ugh, this game sucks.

You will eventually get to do a lot more. It just takes more tweaks than needed (stupid, I know).

kdrcraig
12-12-2014, 06:21 AM
It took me and a friend a half hour just to get into a game together in the Master Chief Collection last night. The connection kept failing or we would get into a lobby but then one of us would get kicked out. Once we got in it was fun, didn't do so hot, but I can't stand how long it takes for a game to start in Halo once the session is going. That's always bugged me about these games.

I hate that the One got rid of the pop up menu the 360 had when you held down the Xbox button for a second. It made it so easy to find whatever you needed, it took me a while just to figure out how to invite someone to my party on the One.

Space Suicide
12-19-2014, 10:51 PM
If you played halo: Master Chief Collection between November 11th and today you will get:

1 month of Xbox Live Gold Free
In Game Avatar
In game Nameplate

HALO 3: ODST CAMPAIGN.

No shit. Fuck yess. COMPLETELY FREE.

theburningreptile
12-21-2014, 07:05 AM
If you played halo: Master Chief Collection between November 11th and today you will get:

1 month of Xbox Live Gold Free
In Game Avatar
In game Nameplate

HALO 3: ODST CAMPAIGN.

No shit. Fuck yess. COMPLETELY FREE.
I got the Assassin's Creed bundle last night and got Destiny and Grand Theft Auto V. I love it and I can't wait to get The Masterchief Collection. Also i haven't had an XBOX system since the original XBOX but I played my brothers and my Dads 360's. I wonder if the new Gears of War is in development yet? Oh and I think I like the XBOX ONE slightly more than the PS4. My Brother-in-law has one and I just prefer it right now, I guess since I got it as an early Christmas present. Im gonna play Destiny with my brother today, to see how it is. I cannot wait. :D

Space Suicide
12-21-2014, 11:10 AM
I got the Assassin's Creed bundle last night and got Destiny and Grand Theft Auto V. I love it and I can't wait to get The Masterchief Collection. Also i haven't had an XBOX system since the original XBOX but I played my brothers and my Dads 360's. I wonder if the new Gears of War is in development yet? Oh and I think I like the XBOX ONE slightly more than the PS4. My Brother-in-law has one and I just prefer it right now, I guess since I got it as an early Christmas present. Im gonna play Destiny with my brother today, to see how it is. I cannot wait. :D

A recent update said that thew newest Gears game is further along in development than expected and is extremely well into it. MMM, I can't wait.

october_midnight
12-21-2014, 11:19 AM
A recent update said that thew newest Gears game is further along in development than expected and is extremely well into it. MMM, I can't wait.

My friend Anthony works in a movie production studio on the floor directly below Black Tusk and I have him as my spy to get me as much information as he possibly can anytime he hears or sees anything and I shit you not, thus far...absolutely nothing. Whatever they're working on, they're extremely tight-lipped about it.

Space Suicide
12-21-2014, 12:00 PM
My friend Anthony works in a movie production studio on the floor directly below Black Tusk and I have him as my spy to get me as much information as he possibly can anytime he hears or sees anything and I shit you not, thus far...absolutely nothing. Whatever they're working on, they're extremely tight-lipped about it.

I think they have got to be tight lipped. The thing I stated I read from a post that involved Phil Spencer conversing with them. So seemed legit. I still hope for this game by 2016.

Rabbit
12-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Get Titanfall.

october_midnight
01-21-2015, 02:36 PM
It's begun. Starting with Fable Legends, PC players will be able to play together with Xbox One players in the same session.

Space Suicide
01-21-2015, 03:32 PM
It's begun. Starting with Fable Legends, PC players will be able to play together with Xbox One players in the same session.

I don't give a shit about the Fable franchise but that's great news.

Thiah
01-27-2015, 05:00 AM
Is there an xbox equivalent to psnprofiles.com but for xbox? I tried out true achievements but the gaming/boosting section is pathetic. I'm fairly new to Xbox and I want my achievements ha

kdrcraig
01-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Is there an xbox equivalent to psnprofiles.com but for xbox? I tried out true achievements but the gaming/boosting section is pathetic. I'm fairly new to Xbox and I want my achievements ha

I use xboxachievements.com and the sister site playstationtrophies.org. Both are are great and have achievement/trophy guides for all games

Space Suicide
01-27-2015, 09:03 AM
I hang around trueachievements.com. Their guides, reviews and sessions (when needed) work fine.

kdrcraig
02-19-2015, 08:25 AM
If I buy Sunset Overdrive for $37, worth it?

Space Suicide
02-19-2015, 09:28 AM
If I buy Sunset Overdrive for $37, worth it?

To me it is, I loved the gameplay and humor. Even getting collectables was fun and I HATE collectables in most games.

kdrcraig
02-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Cool, thanks. I have $10 in coupons for Best Buy and want an exclusive game for the One, all I have right now is the MCC. Sunset looks cool from what I've seen but haven't really read/seen anything about gameplay and what not. I'll give it a whirl.

Space Suicide
02-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Been playing, buying and sharing games/DLC with my friend seamlessly. That whole setting your friend's gamertag to you your console as the Home Xbox is most excellent. Thanks to that I got and can play Dragonball Xenoverse this week!

Conan The Barbarian
02-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Let me know if its worth it, been wanting to play another dbz game.

Space Suicide
02-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Let me know if its worth it, been wanting to play another dbz game.

Will do! I'm stoked on making a custom Frieza's Race (Arcosian?) character!

october_midnight
06-15-2015, 11:48 AM
Backwards compatibility starts before Christmas. FINALLY.

Jinsai
06-15-2015, 12:01 PM

and now, finally, I have an incentive to buy one.

Wretchedest
06-15-2015, 12:14 PM
You arent alone. So many people i know have heald off of next gen entirely because of a lack of bacjwards compatability. They havent just saved their platform, they just delivered a blow to sony. Ball is in their court now.

Space Suicide
06-15-2015, 12:33 PM
I am so delighted with the backwards compatibility!

In other news, HD Remakes/Ports on the One are now worthless for the most part.

Wretchedest
06-15-2015, 12:39 PM
I am so delighted with the backwards compatibility!

In other news, HD Remakes/Ports on the One are now worthless for the most part.

It sounds like they specifically left each game to the publishers. So they can still say no, if they want to sell a remake.

Space Suicide
06-15-2015, 12:40 PM
It sounds like they specifically left each game to the publishers. So they can still say no, if they want to sell a remake.

True but some might not be worthy of rebuyng if you own them though is what I mean. Like the Metro games. Yeah they rebooted the graphics and gameplay but if you had Last Light on 360, you'd have no incentive to buy an HD of it.

Jinsai
06-15-2015, 12:42 PM
You arent alone. So many people i know have heald off of next gen entirely because of a lack of bacjwards compatability. They havent just saved their platform, they just delivered a blow to sony. Ball is in their court now.

Sony has been trying to push the PSNow streaming service... and they still can because it actually works. Conceptually it is awesome. But they need to make the system backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games right away, and they need to drastically improve the lineup for the PSNow subscription library.

But yeah, I've never owned an Xbox. I've played my brother's to get to some of the exclusives I really wanted to try, but there's more than a few games in their library that I've been wanting to give a spin. Even if Sony introduces backwards compatibility, it will have little bearing on whether or not I plan to pick up an Xbone now. This is seriously the smartest thing MS could do, and they have the added advantage of being capable of doing it... whereas many speculate that Sony is telling the truth when they say they can't emulate the PS3 inside the PS4 because of the drastically different hardware.

Really, what Sony needs to do is allow you to access streaming copies of PS3 games if you have the disc in or own it digitally, and they need about ten times as many games in their streaming library than they currently do, and stop pretending that the PS4 can't emulate a PS2 or PS1, because everyone knows that's bullshit.

Wretchedest
06-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Even if PS Now is good, it seems like an objective failure, by many accounts...

And holy shit this holo lens demo....

Dr Channard
06-15-2015, 12:53 PM

Is this stating that your old 360 physical discs will now work in the one, or is this more of a download the old games and play them kind of thing?

Conan The Barbarian
06-15-2015, 12:59 PM
I can finally pack away my 360. Hopefully rocksteady and Bethesda are on board, so I can play my arkham games and skyrim.

october_midnight
06-15-2015, 12:59 PM
Apparently both, you can either put the disc in and download the 'new' One version of it, or just download it digitally.

Wretchedest
06-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Bummed we didnt see crackdown... Wtf? Did they drop development?

Piko
06-15-2015, 01:30 PM
They said software emulation. So maybe it means digital ports? If it's discs, it's a game changer. And it means Sony has no excuse as to why they can't do it.

october_midnight
06-15-2015, 01:52 PM
From Kotaku:

You’ll be able to access your digital collection of 360 games on Xbox One, as well as put discs in and download games you already own. The service will be available to everyone this holiday season, Microsoft says. Not all games will work with the service—Microsoft said around 100 will be available when it launches—but during the conference, they brought up Mass Effect as an example of an old 360 game you’ll be able to play on your current-gen console.

Also, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility (http://[/FONT) has the first wave of titles that'll be available.

Wretchedest
06-15-2015, 02:26 PM
It seems like backwards compatability in name only. That list is... Lacking... Like, Perfect Dark Zero... Woo...

Piko
06-15-2015, 02:27 PM
It's just the first wave. I'm sure a lot more will added at some point.

october_midnight
06-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Yeah, those are (i believe) the very first ones that are actually available today for the people in the preview list thing...the first big ass wave before Christmas is apparently going to be the big one.

Dr Channard
06-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Bravo Microsoft for finally doing what both systems (XB & PS) should have built in to the hardware from the start, two years ago. This is pretty cynical of me, but the move this late in the game feels disingenuous, like the system hasn’t sold as well as was hoped and so they finally relent and give people a long and much wanted feature in hopes of moving some more units.

I probably have no right to complain because I own neither system, but why the fuck don’t they design these things out of the gate with an emulator or a compatibility mode or whatever they need to play the shit you already physically own across the board? Is that really such a difficult thing to design in a console? Is it really that expensive to do? If so, why? Computers have been doing it for years, so why wouldn’t console companies want that technology in their systems, if for nothing else than to somewhat better compete with something cool that computer gaming has offered for a longass time? Does the idea of so radically redesigning your console from one generation to the next that it is impossible to run past generation games you already own, thus making them obsolete, seem like an outmoded idea to anyone else?

I ranted there, and probably went off topic. Sorry.

theburningreptile
06-16-2015, 07:19 AM
If anyone has the Xbox premium service could you send me an invite? I want my brother and I to play together but you have to be invited from someone who already has it. madtitanthanos0 is my XBOX handle. Anyway, I think XBOX has had my favorite press conference so far. I'm still waiting on Nintendo though. I even want a Wii U, I'm crossing my fingers that they announce a release date for the new Legsnd of Zelda open world game. Or a new Metroid. I liked Playstions to though. They won me over with Final Fantasy VII remake. It was one of the first games I remember watching my brother play when it first came out along with the first Resident Evil. Does anyone know if VII will be for XBOX too? I can't remember, I was kind of out of it.

Space Suicide
06-16-2015, 10:49 AM
If anyone has the Xbox premium service could you send me an invite? I want my brother and I to play together but you have to be invited from someone who already has it. madtitanthanos0 is my XBOX handle. Anyway, I think XBOX has had my favorite press conference so far. I'm still waiting on Nintendo though. I even want a Wii U, I'm crossing my fingers that they announce a release date for the new Legsnd of Zelda open world game. Or a new Metroid. I liked Playstions to though. They won me over with Final Fantasy VII remake. It was one of the first games I remember watching my brother play when it first came out along with the first Resident Evil. Does anyone know if VII will be for XBOX too? I can't remember, I was kind of out of it.

xbox will get it. PS just gets it first, same bullshit MS is doing with Tomb Raider.

Madmya
06-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Bummed we didnt see crackdown... Wtf? Did they drop development?

Phil Spencer said during the keynote that Crackdown and Quantum Break will be shown at Gamescom.

Madmya
06-16-2015, 09:49 PM
xbox will get it. PS just gets it first, same bullshit MS is doing with Tomb Raider.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a PS4 version of Tomb Raider. Microsoft ARE publishing it and when they do that it's a lot different to the timed exclusives most people think this just is. Two that Microsoft published are Mass Effect and DR3, and whilst Mass Effect did eventually end up on PS it took a long time. I think it will eventually see the light on a Sony console, but like Mass Effect it'll be long after most people care.

I'm also not convinced FF7 will arrive on the bone in a timely manner either, but I'm hoping so. It might have to be a PC job for me.

Rabbit
06-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Holy fuck Microsoft. These guys destroyed E3. Xbox backwards compatibility? awesome (only because i hope ShadowRUn comes to it if not i don't care)

but what i really do care about is the new UI which looks shit tons better than the garbage we have now but most importantly the new Xbox Elite controller. They just dropped a game changer on the console shooter community. Till now only the hardcore players would purchase custom controllers with buttons on the back and different thumbsticks shapes/heights.

For example i use a Battle Beaver Custom with jump mapped to a back button, my left thumbstick is convex like a PS controller and my right stick has a kontrolfreek which is bigger and gives it more height. The difference this makes for shooters is absolutely ridiculous. I can even hang with really good PC players with this controller but now microsoft just went and destroyed all those small companies with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBK8gOLa3A

Conan The Barbarian
06-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Just got done with a match in gears beta. The other team spawn camped the whole match. Told myself, " well, gears hasn't changed." Turned it off and went back to halo.

Rabbit
06-20-2015, 12:00 AM
Just got done with a match in gears beta. The other team spawn camped the whole match. Told myself, " well, gears hasn't changed." Turned it off and went back to halo.
ok? maybe get out of that lame mode and play execution where a majority of the good players are in.

Space Suicide
07-02-2015, 07:39 PM
http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21564-Ultimate-Game-Sale-Coming-Next-Week.html

GEAR UP GUYS

Thiah
11-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Anyone else have the elite controller? Thing is a beast

Rubeninphoenix
11-10-2015, 04:17 PM
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Backward_Compatibility_Game_List

Microsoft released this list yesterday. I hope bigger titles are made compatible sooner rather than later because this initial list doesn't have very many games I own...

Conan The Barbarian
11-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Only titles I am a bit bummed out that didn't make it were Skyrim and Red Dead, and the Arkham series. Other than that, not a bad list of games to qualify off the bat.

theburningreptile
11-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Backwards compatibility is out I belive. Do you have to have an update or something or do you just insert a compatible 360 disc? Also I got Fallout 4 in the mail. Ugh... YASSSS

Space Suicide
11-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Update the entire system for the new dashboard. Then you get games for backwards compatibility to show up in ready to install menus if you have it digitally. if not insert the disc, assuming its compatible.

I installed my baby (Gears of War 3 and all of its DLC and the skins and characters I've bought) and it works great BUT there is frame rate drops and lag playing it. I know that was an issue in the beta testing for some games in the preview program for backwards compatibility/dashboard.

I transferred my saves and player data to the cloud on 360. I also took my game save for Mirror's Edge. Right now the only games in my catalog that are compatable that I want on my One are Gears 3 and Mirror's Edge.

ManBurning
11-14-2015, 02:15 AM
I don't care for the new dashboard. I liked the old one better. Eh, maybe it'll grow on me like the old one.

When I bought am xbox one this passed Summer I didn't care too much for the dashboard layout at the time, but that was more so due to being unfamiliar with it. Just fnally got used to it and now they change it...

Conan The Barbarian
11-19-2015, 04:06 PM
I think its way more convenient.

Anyone on Halo 5?

Space Suicide
11-19-2015, 11:04 PM
I think its way more convenient.

Anyone on Halo 5?

Meeeee, I need people to play with.

october_midnight
12-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Anyone else get selected to be in the alpha for Tom Clancy's The Division that starts Wednesday? I'm pumped, I've been waiting to play this game forever.

october_midnight
12-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Anyone else get selected to be in the alpha for Tom Clancy's The Division that starts Wednesday? I'm pumped, I've been waiting to play this game forever.

Oh my god this game is unbelievable.

Kodiak33
12-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Oh my god this game is unbelievable.

DO TELL. Looks awesome, but I'm on a wait and see approach.

october_midnight
12-10-2015, 09:10 AM
DO TELL. Looks awesome, but I'm on a wait and see approach.

I'll send you a PM with all the details...with the NDA, don't wanna spoil it for everyone else. I'll point form here what I'll PM you in a lot less detail. Anyone can PM me and I'll give the more detailed description I'm sending Kodiak33.

- storyline appears to be NYC after some kind of virus has wiped out most of the population and police/military force. You're part of some kind of militia? Devs kept most of the story out on purpose.

- Borrows the best parts of a handful of games. Watch Dogs kinda vibe...though it's MUCH more detailed...Destiny...the intro has one of the devs thanking you for playing but giving a few brief tips, and he says 'our game is very much an RPG....' You have XP, unlock skills, have a backpack to carry items...armor upgrades, etc. There's modding of gear, etc.

- XP and skills to unlock as you level.

- Cover-based type of combat.

- AI is insanely intuitive.

- Main mission and 'side quests', loot containers for modding materials, etc. like any other RPG.

- The map is very cool and big, clearly expandable for DLC, etc.

- There are a few 'vendors' selling gear, guns, etc. that you can buy/sell at.

- PvP is called the 'Dark Zone'

Could go on and on but it's a very realistic, fun game. The combat is very, VERY realistic...you can't take a lot of bullets before dying, need to use cover, fight smart. Environments are sick, the storyline seems pretty awesome. Definitely a must buy for me.

kdrcraig
01-22-2016, 07:50 AM
The Witcher 2 got added to backwards compatibility for Xbox One and is free until February 5th for some reason

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-23051-The-Witcher-2--Assassins-of-Kings-is-Currently-Free-on-Xbox-Live.html

theburningreptile
03-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, can you play an xbox live gold game even when it's not advertised as gold? Or do you have to buy I afterwards? I have an xbox one game on my console that I want to play. It's ready to install, it was for gold but I never got around to playing it.

Space Suicide
03-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, can you play an xbox live gold game even when it's not advertised as gold? Or do you have to buy I afterwards? I have an xbox one game on my console that I want to play. It's ready to install, it was for gold but I never got around to playing it.

If you don't have Live and you got it with Games with Gold then you won't be able to play it until you get a new subscription.

thelastdisciple
03-01-2016, 10:46 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the whole "blending" of PC and Xbox to be one ecosystem? Obviously some level of that has already been going on but it seems like they want to do a lot more with it.

Space Suicide
03-04-2016, 10:31 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the whole "blending" of PC and Xbox to be one ecosystem? Obviously some level of that has already been going on but it seems like they want to do a lot more with it.

I preferred the old Xbox One home dashboard (controversial I know) so I'm not entirely sold on the integration thing just yet. I just hope it make sit so cross platform play happens as a reality for a lot of Xbox exclusives.

theburningreptile
03-27-2016, 10:53 PM
Xbox live isn't working for me, neither is the keyboard. Anyone else having this problem?

Space Suicide
04-05-2016, 05:09 PM
So after beating the first part, watching the first episode and boggling down on gameplay I really, REALLY recommend anyone who owns an Xbox One to buy Quantum Break. It's an exceptional game with a lot of heart.

clulcu
04-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Still haven't got an X1 yet...i'm always playing my 360 :P would love to upgrade soon

theburningreptile
05-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Is anyone having trouble with the DCU: Online? I make my character then I get to pick a name and my whole xbox locks up on me. I wonder if there is a way to fix it? I've made my character 4 times now and have gotten all the way to the name select point.

october_midnight
06-13-2016, 11:42 AM
E3 briefing started. Started with the new Xbox One slim, starting at $299, looks like it'll be time to upgrade in a few months. Gears 4 co-op on now. Looks great. BRING ON BIOSHOCK REMASTERED, DAMMIT.

october_midnight
06-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Coming in the summer and fall:

- Xbox Clubs (basically chat rooms and forums on the dashboard)
- Play your own music during games as background music
- Xbox Arena - official online tournaments with prizes, etc
- Xbox Looking For Group - self-explanatory

Space Suicide
06-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Coming in the summer and fall:

- Xbox Clubs (basically chat rooms and forums on the dashboard)
- Play your own music during games as background music
- Xbox Arena - official online tournaments with prizes, etc
- Xbox Looking For Group - self-explanatory

I think every one of those are great additions, even though I won't change the music.

october_midnight
06-13-2016, 12:22 PM
We Happy Few coming to XB1 first, yuusssssssssssss. Played a bit of the alpha through a friend and it's very creepy...pumped. Also, a new Cuphead trailer (though no date yet though...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0bpSyeCuQ

Space Suicide
06-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Wasn't a huge fan of Halo Wars plus I sucked at it. Halo Wars 2 trailer was good so I'll try the beta and give it another go. Free so why not?

october_midnight
06-13-2016, 01:01 PM
So the big news drop at the end....Project Scorpio comes out Christmas 2017. Officially the next Xbox console. Compatible with all games, but will be the most powerful console ever. 6 terraflops of power, games in 4k, VR compatible (so you'll be able to play The Division, or CoD, or Fallout 4 in VR). Looks like I'll just pass on the new slim and just get that instead.

Jinsai
06-13-2016, 01:49 PM
We Happy Few coming to XB1 first, yuusssssssssssss. Played a bit of the alpha through a friend and it's very creepy...pumped. Also, a new Cuphead trailer (though no date yet though...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0bpSyeCuQ

I was originally really interested in playing this game. I love the art style, the whole 40's throwback to early animation and music... but I've gotta be honest, that was really a let down. The gameplay looks really repetitious and clunky. Maybe it's an early build that needs some refinement, but it seems like they put all of their eggs in the design department and didn't secure much in the way of gameplay.

october_midnight
06-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Nah I feel you. Since it's an independent title though, it'd better be like $9.99 tops haha.

Conan The Barbarian
06-13-2016, 02:36 PM
So the big news drop at the end....Project Scorpio comes out Christmas 2017. Officially the next Xbox console. Compatible with all games, but will be the most powerful console ever. 6 terraflops of power, games in 4k, VR compatible (so you'll be able to play The Division, or CoD, or Fallout 4 in VR). Looks like I'll just pass on the new slim and just get that instead.

Thats what im doing. Not buying it day one though. Gonna hold off and see how it performs before I cough up anymore money.

october_midnight
06-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Fuck it, just preordered 7 fuckin' new games hahaha...that was a quick $627 lmao.

Conan The Barbarian
06-13-2016, 10:21 PM
I have to say. as an idiot who bought the xbox one day one and dropped some good dough on games and accessories. I am really not feeling the love xbox is giving its fans. To try and close the gap with sony, they pretty much said FUCK YOU to those who bought their system with the bundled kinect. Now all these updates are leaving the kinect behinf, and now my system is obsolete.

Now I am doubting even going for the scorpio and just give consoles the finger and build a pc.

Thiah
06-13-2016, 11:30 PM
I have an Xbox elite and I no longer feel special. haha. I was a little bit disappointed in Xbox's offerings as far as exclusives go. I was really excited for Scalebound and idk now that the protagonist comes off as a huge douche.

Space Suicide
07-04-2016, 12:36 PM
HUGE Xbox Live sale starting tomorrow. Featuring over 250 deals!

(http://www.xboxoneuk.com/xbox-one/news/ultimate-sale-games-list-revealed/)

theburningreptile
07-04-2016, 04:44 PM
HUGE Xbox Live sale starting tomorrow. Featuring over 250 deals!

(http://www.xboxoneuk.com/xbox-one/news/ultimate-sale-games-list-revealed/)

My body is ready, but my wallet is not.

Space Suicide
07-04-2016, 05:55 PM
My body is ready, but my wallet is not.

I'll be getting Mega Man Collection and MAYBE DOOM. Not sure. On the cusp of it.

Thiah
07-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Pretty lackluster sale. Oh well, I still haven't started Quantum Break so there's that.

Conan The Barbarian
07-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Agreed,compared to the steam sale these really are not much of a deal and does not make me wanna buy.

Space Suicide
07-09-2016, 02:04 PM
I bought DOOM.

Space Suicide
09-04-2016, 04:40 PM
I changed my gamertag from spaceSuicide to Limerent Death so there's your disclaimer everyone if I'm on your friends.

october_midnight
06-11-2017, 06:55 PM
So, Xbox One X for $499. Nov 7th... ~30 games or so (i.e. FFXV, Gears 4, etc) will get free 4K upgrades. Only $599 CDN so i'm definitely down day one. Time to get a bigger 4K TV too if the wife will let me lol. 55" ain't cuttin' it for a console this beastly.

Piko
06-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Price isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Still gonna hold off on getting one though.

Rubeninphoenix
06-11-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm so tempted to get one on Day One (because it's my birthday as well) but damn, the issues first gen and especially first roll out consoles have kinda make me wanna wait and see what the bugs are and get them ironed out first before I go making the investment.

Conan The Barbarian
06-11-2017, 08:30 PM
I want one, but I won't get one. Here's why.

1.) the price. I paid 499 for my now obsolete day one Xbox. I'm going to wait till the holiday price drop next year or the one after that.

2.) once I bite the bullet after the price drop, they will announce the next gen Xbox. So again, I'm fucked.

I'm building a pc and will be gaming mostly on that. But it's nice to have a console as I love video games. But part of me feels like if I buy this , I'm fuckin myself in the end.

Space Suicide
06-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Unless it's 100% necessary I have no interest. I just bought an Xbox One S back in December when my Day One console bit the dust. I have no desire blowing another 500.00 and buying a new TV (yet).

kdrcraig
06-12-2017, 07:41 AM
I'll get it eventually but my regular Xbone is perfectly fine for now. By the time I upgrade to a 4k TV I'm sure this will have had a price drop or two, not looking to drop 500 bucks on a console.

Rdm
06-12-2017, 01:00 PM
I don't know if anyone brought this up but it seems like Microsoft doesn't want to bring VR to their consoles at this time .

E3 2016: Xbox Boss Talks VR, Scorpio Specs and Console Upgrade Cycle
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-xbox-boss-talks-vr-scorpio-specs-and-console-upgrade-cycle

Do you guys think there will ever be a day you can exchange video graphic cards out of the console ? Does that make the consoles obsolete ?

Conan The Barbarian
06-13-2017, 09:15 AM
That would defeat the purpose of a console and make it more expensive. Might as well build a pc.

Haysey_Draws
06-14-2017, 04:31 AM
I was really disappointed with Microsoft's conference, i was hoping they'd have something awesome lined up for the xbone x but there just wasn't anything...at least nothing that wasn't available on PC.

I'll end up just investing in upgrading my PC then get an xbone now, it'll be cheaper.

Space Suicide
06-14-2017, 06:30 AM
I don't know if anyone brought this up but it seems like Microsoft doesn't want to bring VR to their consoles at this time .

E3 2016: Xbox Boss Talks VR, Scorpio Specs and Console Upgrade Cycle
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-xbox-boss-talks-vr-scorpio-specs-and-console-upgrade-cycle

Do you guys think there will ever be a day you can exchange video graphic cards out of the console ? Does that make the consoles obsolete ?

Good. I hope the VR dies soon. Silly nonsense I have no interest in personally.

theimage13
06-14-2017, 08:33 AM
Good. I hope the VR dies soon. Silly nonsense I have no interest in personally.

Ever had a good (or any) VR experience? We use it at work. I was skeptical as hell about it, and to this day I still hold that people look ridiculous with the headsets strapped to their face - but the technology is impressive and it's actually a pretty cool experience in my opinion. Long as it's something that's an option and not a requirement for a certain game, I'm 100% on board with it.

Haysey_Draws
06-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Ever had a good (or any) VR experience? We use it at work. I was skeptical as hell about it, and to this day I still hold that people look ridiculous with the headsets strapped to their face - but the technology is impressive and it's actually a pretty cool experience in my opinion. Long as it's something that's an option and not a requirement for a certain game, I'm 100% on board with it.

I think you both have a point here. The tech is impressive, but alot of the games made from VR have been...pretty awful, making alot of players just see it as a gimmick rather than something that can enhance the experience.

Conan The Barbarian
06-14-2017, 10:23 AM
I was really disappointed with Microsoft's conference, i was hoping they'd have something awesome lined up for the xbone x but there just wasn't anything...at least nothing that wasn't available on PC.

I'll end up just investing in upgrading my PC then get an xbone now, it'll be cheaper.

To be honest, unless you only play on console, and have a 4k tv to really get 100% of what the X has to offer, it is a better deal to just upgrade your PC. Xbox exclusives will always be Windows everywhere ready. The only shitty part is that you will be dealing with Windows store than steam.

Haysey_Draws
06-14-2017, 10:28 AM
To be honest, unless you only play on console, and have a 4k tv to really get 100% of what the X has to offer, it is a better deal to just upgrade your PC. Xbox exclusives will always be Windows everywhere ready. The only shitty part is that you will be dealing with Windows store than steam.

Very true. Although as bad as the Windows store is right now (and it is so so bad!), it will get better...but there isn't really anything i want on there right now.

klyrish
07-05-2017, 10:46 AM
The Ultimate Games Sale 2017 is incredibly disappointing so far.

Rdm
07-07-2017, 12:09 AM
I got resident evil 4 today and a hour in the controls feel almost unplayable? Is it just me?

kdrcraig
07-07-2017, 06:42 AM
I got resident evil 4 today and a hour in the controls feel almost unplayable? Is it just me?

Nope, not just you. I played the hell out of that game on PS2, really the only RE game I put any amount of time into. But I bought it on PS3 a couple years ago and just couldn't do it.

Rdm
07-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Nope, not just you. I played the hell out of that game on PS2, really the only RE game I put any amount of time into. But I bought it on PS3 a couple years ago and just couldn't do it.
So the controls on other systems are better? I wonder why they would change it. Maybe it's a victim of a dated game ?

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-07-2017, 07:32 PM

Duuude, I had a similar experience going back and playing Gungrave for PS2, except that was just returning to the PS2 game after a decade, as far as I know there was never a port to another system. Shit feels SO jank.

Rdm
07-08-2017, 12:45 AM
Duuude, I had a similar experience going back and playing Gungrave for PS2, except that was just returning to the PS2 game after a decade, as far as I know there was never a port to another system. Shit feels SO jank.
Resident evil 4 doesn't have side stepping, it's super awkward playing the game.

Jinsai
07-08-2017, 05:21 AM
Resident evil 4 doesn't have side stepping, it's super awkward playing the game.

different but well thought out controls scheme, you'll get used to it. Then again, there's so many revisions/versions of this game at this point...who knows? What version exactly are you rocking?

kdrcraig
07-08-2017, 08:28 AM
So the controls on other systems are better? I wonder why they would change it. Maybe it's a victim of a dated game ?

No I believe the controls are the same, but yeah I think it just got dated. Same reason I can't play the PS2 GTA trilogy, too used to modern control schemes I guess

Rdm
07-20-2017, 11:10 PM
different but well thought out controls scheme, you'll get used to it. Then again, there's so many revisions/versions of this game at this point...who knows? What version exactly are you rocking?

I didn't see this. I'm plying the most recent release from the Xbox store.

Substance242
08-21-2017, 02:58 PM
I was always Playstation fan, mainly because of Gran Turismo - PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Vita... then nothing. Today I ordered Xbox One X Project Scorpio version because I really like this one, e.g. video about how nicely it is built inside, and I think it is about time to play me some Forza Motorsport. :-)

Update: Received my first 4K HDR BluRay: Planet Earth 2, I already saw it before in SD and it is amazing documentary. So, I have 4K test disc already :-), now what TV? If I had to buy right now, it would be Sony 55XE9005, but there is also Philips 8602 or maybe OLED 9002...? Ambilight is nice, but I'm still not keen on Adroid as TV OS, do I have to log in with my real account...? I'd prefer WebOS (ex Palm) like LG have.

Substance242
11-07-2017, 05:55 AM
So, it's here, I am picking up my Scorpio version today! :-) Forza 7 disc is already waiting, also new TV (decided for LG OLED55C7V), and I'll also definitely buy INSIDE - looks like very interesting game for the right people (like NIN fans).

Disassociative
11-07-2017, 07:23 AM
So, it's here, I am picking up my Scorpio version today! :-) Forza 7 disc is already waiting, also new TV (decided for LG OLED55C7V), and I'll also definitely buy INSIDE - looks like very interesting game for the right people (like NIN fans).

Got my Scorpio edition too today - it looks so sleek :D

Substance242
04-24-2018, 07:50 AM
I'm trying to sell my Scorpio. It is a wonderful machine, great internal design and how the compatibility works is amazing, the best current console no doubt, and I hoped it would spark gaming fun in me again, but no, nothing is much fun anymore.

october_midnight
05-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Anyone need a code for Cuphead? I have an extra one that’d set you back the ultra expensive price of nothing. I get free games through work and today was this game, but I’ve already got it. Only requisite is that I’d prefer to give it to a somewhat regular ETS’er. Because I’m territorial like that. PM me.

edit: Taken!

Space Suicide
05-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Anyone need a code for Cuphead? I have an extra one that’d set you back the ultra expensive price of nothing. I get free games through work and today was this game, but I’ve already got it. Only requisite is that I’d prefer to give it to a somewhat regular ETS’er. Because I’m territorial like that. PM me.

Someone do take up his offer.

Haysey_Draws
05-17-2018, 07:41 AM
I may give Microsoft some stick for the latest generation, but this is worth talking about...

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/may/17/microsoft-xbox-disability-friendly-adaptive-controller

Credit where credit is due, this is a fantastic idea!

october_midnight
06-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Gears 5, Halo: Infinite, and The Division 2 all dropping in 2019.

ManBurning
06-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Hmm... The post I made in this thread from last night seems to have disappeared...
Might of had something to do with the server change.

Either way, what excited me the most about xbox's E3 was the announcement of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q08P4FbNvE

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0babXZQV5zY

Words cannot explain how beyond excited I am for both of these. Especially that Battletoads game. Been waaaay too long!
2019 is way too far away!

Space Suicide
07-23-2020, 12:09 PM
Decent showing today.

Still for both consoles, aside from Demon’s Souls and Resident Evil VIII, nothing interests me really for within the first year or so.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-23-2020, 12:29 PM
Showcase was completely underwhelming. Halo looks like a downgrade with the environments looking absolutely lifeless... Putting TLOU 1 & 2, Ghost of Tsushima, fuck, even Killzone Shadowfall next to the visuals make it look so meh; Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch really set the bar.

Avowed was the only game that really interested me and mayybee The Medium. Was seriously expecting gameplay from Hellblade and we learned absolutely nothing that we didn't know before. Timed exclusives with little to no gameplay, with so many games I can literally just buy on PC. I am all for gamers having more options to play games, but I am really failing to see the point of buying an Xbox almost ever now.

allegate
07-23-2020, 01:43 PM
https://twitter.com/BeatemupsWood/status/1286359692906827782

woof.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-25-2020, 10:43 AM
The brute memes went viral in a matter of hours. I cannot scroll down my Twitter feed without seeing someone's (Brilliant) phtotoshops of this guy... It is quite hilarious. Even more hilarious and embarrassing is this Halo Infinite reaction thing that Xbox is literally boasting about.

Who the fuck reacts like this from a FUCKING MAP SCREEN. I'm so tired of these fake, over-the-top reactions to save a game that looks absolutely subpar after 5 years of development.

https://twitter.com/LoganDodson/status/1286755852469170179?s=19

october_midnight
08-11-2020, 03:24 PM
Yeeesh.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1293265159520227329

allegate
08-11-2020, 04:30 PM
you think the console is next?

edit: I swear that sentence looked right the first time I typed it...lol

october_midnight
08-11-2020, 04:50 PM
This morning they confirmed a November release for the console.

allegate
08-11-2020, 05:00 PM
OTOH - WB has 'confirmed' a release date for Tenet how many times?

I kid. :p

october_midnight
08-11-2020, 05:11 PM
OTOH - WB has 'confirmed' a release date for Tenet how many times?

I kid. :p

Haha you're not wrong.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-26-2020, 12:26 PM
Who phones these atrocious designs in? I cannot stop laughing.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1298394995343466503?s=19

Haysey_Draws
09-08-2020, 03:02 AM
Official Price for the smaller "digital only" Xbox Series S is...

$299!

Microsoft have made the first move...Sony's turn.

october_midnight
09-08-2020, 08:27 AM
I'd definitely go for a Series S if:

1. I didn't ever sell physical games when finished with them (other than Batman and BioShock discs, I have maybe like two?)
2. I didn't have $600 worth of BestBuy gift cards sitting here.

GIVE ME A SERIES X NOW, KTHX.

Jinsai
09-08-2020, 09:37 AM
can you buy older 360 etc games via the Xbox digital marketplace for the Series S? If you can, I might get one. There's enough games in the back catalogue now that I would like to give a shot at. It's all about the backwards compatibility for me... which is something that Sony is completely dropping the ball on.

Kodiak33
09-08-2020, 09:48 AM
It still blows my mind that we don't have concrete pricing for both (now just the Series S). It's two months away!

allegate
09-08-2020, 10:27 AM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1303330735202299905?s=20

:D

https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/1303323573143044102?s=20

Haysey_Draws
09-08-2020, 11:36 AM
can you buy older 360 etc games via the Xbox digital marketplace for the Series S? If you can, I might get one. There's enough games in the back catalogue now that I would like to give a shot at. It's all about the backwards compatibility for me... which is something that Sony is completely dropping the ball on.

I cannot confirm but i assumed this was part of the backwards compatibility...at least that's what i was thinking. Much like yourself that might actually get me to pick on one up...that and it's £250 in the UK and...that's cheaper then a freaking Switch! A next gen console!

Haysey_Draws
09-08-2020, 11:44 AM
This price point has, for the first time in YEARS, got me actually thinking about getting an xbox!

Of course there are some caveats to that. Firstly i'm big on physical media, i like having a physical game in hand so i can play whenever i want (and i like to keep all my fav games on display) so i wouldn't be able to do this unless i just used it as a wayback machine for old xbox games and just get a Game Pass with it to give stuff a try.

Second...JRPG's, or just Japaneses games in general. Xbox doesn't have many (i remember this being a big deal when i had a 360) Unless there's a push to port JRPG's onto the xbox it'll be a big draw back for me.

...but at that price, and it being only £250 in the UK, for a next gen console that can play old games with no restrictions...that's REALLY fucking tempting! Also i could buy Cyberpunk physically on xboxone (to have my physical fill and steel case) and upgrade for free. I'm tempted, really tempted!

october_midnight
09-09-2020, 08:06 AM
Both drop Nov 10. Preorders start Sept 22.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1303680112156524544

Haysey_Draws
09-09-2020, 09:40 AM
£449 is actually a very good price...i'm honestly tempted!

allegate
09-09-2020, 10:37 AM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1303681921671602176

EA Play is included?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1303679783415345155

october_midnight
09-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Yeah word is on the same day, EA Play is being brought into the Game Pass family (still available on its own). I reached out to my friend at EA to confirm the date but he hasn't answered my text yet.

Haysey_Draws
09-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Wait...so they just anncoued the plans for All Access. For $24.99 a month for 24 months, you get your choice of net gen console (S or X) Game Pass Ultimate and EA play is now included...that's...that's a fucking outrageous deal!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-09-2020, 04:23 PM
The price is good, but I am still waiting for a next gen game to be running on any next gen Xbox console. People see price and immediately lose their shit. Besides the bw compat schtick, what are you playing on this thing?

Kodiak33
09-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Wait...so they just anncoued the plans for All Access. For $24.99 a month for 24 months, you get your choice of net gen console (S or X) Game Pass Ultimate and EA play is now included...that's...that's a fucking outrageous deal!

34.99 is for the Series X. 24.99 for the S.

Space Suicide
09-09-2020, 06:18 PM
The price is good, but I am still waiting for a next gen game to be running on any next gen Xbox console. People see price and immediately lose their shit. Besides the bw compat schtick, what are you playing on this thing?

Same camp. Neither console has any attractive launch game and I don't expect most games to be of value on these systems until at least next summer the earliest, but those will still be accommodating the current gen. Probably will until 2022 if we're honest.

Jinsai
09-09-2020, 06:20 PM
Second...JRPG's, or just Japaneses games in general. Xbox doesn't have many (i remember this being a big deal when i had a 360) Unless there's a push to port JRPG's onto the xbox it'll be a big draw back for me.

If you're generally a fan of Japanese games, and you have to pick only ONE console to play on, the Xbox isn't it. There's a ton of great games on it, and their policy towards backwards compatibility should really be lighting a fire under Sony's feet... but even then, I've played most of the older games on Sony consoles... There's very little I haven't that I want to check out.

That's not the case w/ the Xbox back catalogue. I really want to play Alan Wake, the Ori games, Lost Odyssey, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct, D4, other stuff... it's not much but it's worth it at that price point.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-09-2020, 10:24 PM
Same camp. Neither console has any attractive launch game and I don't expect most games to be of value on these systems until at least next summer the earliest, but those will still be accommodating the current gen. Probably will until 2022 if we're honest.

I'm only interested in Ratchet and Spider-man, but PS5 definitely has the more intriguing line up. I mean, I have a lot of games in my PS4 backlog that I need to get to, so knowing I'll be able to play those on PS5 I guess is a plus. Depending on how much better the games will look on whatever boost option or whatever they want to call it, but you're absolutely right.

For me, I think even the people that are making the backwards compat a selling point will come to realize how much they really won't play older games on a next gen console once Xbox starts pumping out these games. But having to wait until 2022 for most of what they showed...this can completely kill Xbox if they don't have anything up their sleeve since Halo Infinite is no longer a launch title. The fact that I can play half of these games on my Intel core 5 Lenovo laptop kind of makes me laugh.

I still have all of my consoles and I think people forget that PS1 games play on any PS3. PS2 is bit more annoying but you can buy one for literally nothing these days; I find them almost all the time for about 20 bucks at pawn shops so the defense that older consoles cost too much money is bullshit.

Everyone has their thing, but I want to play new games on my new console **Shrugs**.

Haysey_Draws
09-10-2020, 03:29 AM
34.99 is for the Series X. 24.99 for the S.

Ah my bad...that's still a good price though

Haysey_Draws
09-10-2020, 03:32 AM
Honestly i'm only tempted to get a next gen JUST for cyberpunk...i want it at 60fps, and rebuilding my PC will cost significantly more then just plumbing for a S. And with EA play i'll get 2 Fifa's in the mix. And i would like to give Forza a look. Tempting.

Kodiak33
09-10-2020, 07:49 AM
Ah my bad...that's still a good price though

Absolutely, a hell of a deal. I'm still wondering if that will have taxes added to it...

allegate
09-10-2020, 10:30 AM
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1304072306092843010?s=20

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1304074773840887815?s=20

allegate
09-14-2020, 02:51 PM
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1305280363061800961?s=20

Jinsai
09-14-2020, 03:38 PM
that release comment is confusing. So, in other words, if you're playing old games on an X, it'll look better than on the S. Right? If so, why can't they just say it like that.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-14-2020, 11:14 PM
that release comment is confusing. So, in other words, if you're playing old games on an X, it'll look better than on the S. Right? If so, why can't they just say it like that.

I still have to stop and think for a second when talking about the X, the S AND the One/360 and the V? Was that just a rumor?

Also, would like to know what I should look forward to playing on these consoles before they are released in... 2 months.

allegate
09-14-2020, 11:21 PM
V? I've only heard two consoles for both manufacturers, not a third.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-15-2020, 12:54 AM
V? I've only heard two consoles for both manufacturers, not a third.

Rumor popped up like 4 days ago. Supposed to be less powerful than the X, but more than the S and all digital. (https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-series-v-is-a-rumoured-all-digital-series-x/)

Jinsai
09-15-2020, 06:48 AM
This marketing campaign is confusing af

allegate
09-15-2020, 10:15 AM
Rumor popped up like 4 days ago. Supposed to be less powerful than the X, but more than the S and all digital. (https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-series-v-is-a-rumoured-all-digital-series-x/)
huh, interesting.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-15-2020, 02:36 PM
huh, interesting.

I'm not expecting it, but honestly who knows at this point. Tomorrow should be interesting for Sony's event.

allegate
09-15-2020, 03:05 PM
I almost want there to be another "five hundred ninety nine dollars!" like the PS3 reveal, just because.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-15-2020, 11:21 PM
I almost want there to be another "five hundred ninety nine dollars!" like the PS3 reveal, just because.

Hahaa, oh those were the days. I shit my pants, I thought it was a joke.

allegate
09-17-2020, 10:45 AM
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1306428033771794433?s=20

https://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Ooh-Burn-Emma-Stone-In-Easy-A-Gif.gif

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-17-2020, 07:30 PM
https://twitter.com/GloriousKev/status/1306743263471087617?s=19

october_midnight
09-18-2020, 08:36 AM
Buddy I have that works for BestBuy confirmed that with conversion from USD, the Xbox Series X is gonna run me $629.99 plus tax, which brings it to about $705, sigh. Sitting on about $560 worth of gift cards, but was hoping that after selling my Xbox One X, I'd take that money to score a few games...looks like that's just to pay the damn thing off fml.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-21-2020, 02:36 PM
Microsoft acquires Bethesda for 7.5 billion and dam is it already making players mad lol.

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1308028875759382528?s=19

This doesn't necessarily mean that we will see all Bethesda games on Xbox and PC. Phil Spencer stated they will make games on a case by case basis, so expect some of those games to be exclusive at some point to those platforms. Doesn't matter, if Doom comes back to PC, I'll be playing it on that anyway.

Edit... I just realized my PC rig is outdated and probably won't be able to run any new games on it.... Fuck me.

Kodiak33
09-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Preorders start tomorrow! (hopefully less of a mess)

Conan The Barbarian
09-22-2020, 10:34 AM
Arrived at my local GameStop at 6 am. Only one other person. Line slowly grew to 8 people. Manager comes outs around 945 am and say that they only had 4 series x and 2 series s.

Happy I got mine, but I felt really bad for those who actually took the time to come out in person.

I felt like it was 2013 all over again. We were all engaging in conversations, shooting the shit. You can’t beat that experience. Was awesome. Hope you guys and gals get a console in today.

allegate
09-22-2020, 10:44 AM
I recall reading a few posts about how weird it was for MS to announce the Bethesda thing on a Monday morning. I mean, if you're going to do it then shouldn't the day before your pre-orders open up be the best day for it? hype and then pre-order.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-22-2020, 12:07 PM
Pre-orders are a mess with Xbox as well... What a surprise!

Space Suicide
09-22-2020, 12:13 PM
Pre-orders are a mess with Xbox as well... What a surprise!

I know these companies love their precious holiday buyers to pad their profits for the year in Q4 but with covid, lack of money, lack of actual consoles available and idiotic release management both of these companies should have just cancelled and rescheduled for a Spring 2021 release for these.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-22-2020, 12:26 PM
I know these companies love their precious holiday buyers to pad their profits for the year in Q4 but with covid, lack of money, lack of actual consoles available and idiotic release management both of these companies should have just cancelled and rescheduled for a Spring 2021 release for these.

This... Instead of trying to shit out these consoles during a year where people are underfunded and things are absolutely bonkers, they probably said "Fuck it, people will buy anyway." and if that was the case the they were absolutely right lol.

october_midnight
09-22-2020, 01:40 PM
What a bitch it was to secure a Series X but finally got through the BestBuy.ca site (after it shit the bed for like two hours).

Jinsai
09-22-2020, 02:03 PM
the more I think about it, the more disgusting Microsoft's desperate purchase here is. Good business move, you'll do well, but fuck you.

MS has done NOTHING here, outside of make themselves a real "player" again. Fuck you and your money. I wanna play Fallout on my PSWHATEVER, and fuck you. I actually WAS going to buy an XBOX for backwards compatibility and now, y'know what, fuck you.
I'm not buying an Xbox BECAUSE of this. Maybe I'll buy a PC. But fuck you guys.

Can ANYONE give me a good reason why I should buy an Xbox instead of a dedicated gaming PC that costs the same price?

october_midnight
09-22-2020, 02:18 PM
I like sitting on my couch when I game.

Kodiak33
09-22-2020, 02:25 PM
the more I think about it, the more disgusting Microsoft's desperate purchase here is. Good business move, you'll do well, but fuck you.

MS has done NOTHING here, outside of make themselves a real "player" again. Fuck you and your money. I wanna play Fallout on my PSWHATEVER, and fuck you. I actually WAS going to buy an XBOX for backwards compatibility and now, y'know what, fuck you.
I'm not buying an Xbox BECAUSE of this. Maybe I'll buy a PC. But fuck you guys.

Can ANYONE give me a good reason why I should buy an Xbox instead of a dedicated gaming PC that costs the same price?

No, that's why I'm not buying one and enjoying everything on the PC. Shield is used for TV to PC.

Jinsai
09-22-2020, 02:28 PM
I like sitting on my couch when I game.

But you could completely allocate a Desktop computer, set up wireless controllers... an Xbox is just a PC at this point. How is it in ANY WAY different besides the boot-up process? At this point, I honestly have NO IDEA why I would get an Xbox over a PC.

Which is the END POINT that Microsoft has been pushing us towards since they fucked up console gaming. Seems like their end plan was "everyone should play games on a windows PC"
At this point, SERIOUSLY, why should I buy an XBOX instead of a windows PC? Is the ONLY incentive at this point that it's "moderately easier to initially set up?"

Wretchedest
09-22-2020, 02:29 PM
Bethesda acquisition definitely a great business move.

All that said a lot of ethesda's flagship franchises are bad now. Skyrim came out in 2011... It hasn't aged well. While the souls series remains just as playable and endlessly influential, Skyrim has not Heald up. I just tried to play it like a month ago.

I've never been into fallout, but fallout 4 doesn't really mechanically advance or update the elder scrolls/fall out schtick. Same engine, same physics, same garbage ai. Better graphics. Even the second wolfenstein game didn't really live up to its first. Same with dishonored.

It's not even that some of these are bad games, it's that they've failed to keep up with contemporary sensibilities and keep up in a modern way. In fact vethesda's involvement remains my only skepticism on Deathloop.

The one thing they do have? Doom. Doom is written in as a competitor to Halo though. I'd debate it *is* better than Halo right now. And I guess it fits Microsoft's brand but we have a lot of homegeny between Halo, Doom, Gears, and Crackdown (which, fight me, is the best Microsoft exclusive series)

Nonetheless it's been a slow boil so many still love and respect bethesda

Jinsai
09-22-2020, 02:40 PM
Skyrim actually sucks. I would love to hear someone try to explain whatever the "main story" was to that game without laughing.

"and then, you go to this cliff top to learn about dragon shouting..."

OMG fuck off. The story to Skyrim is THE WORST fantasy fiction I've ever had to slog through
Though really it's why most western RPG games suck. There's no real story, all the characters are bland and interchangeable, and then to distract you from that, here's a side story about a Dwarf who once loved an Elf, and yet, it ended sadly... and unfortunately that has nothing to do with the main story...

I suffered through 100 hours of Dragon Age before I figured this out.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-22-2020, 03:03 PM
I gave both Dragon Age and Skyrim a chance after friends implored me to play them.... I lasted about 4 hours into each before I sold them and never looked back.

I have been saying that Xbox buying all these studios felt like a desperate move to get gamers to come back to their side. Just because they bought these studios does not mean they will be pumping out spectacular games. Bethesda is not what it used to be with their last 5 releases being fucking bombs. They are slowly draining like Bioware but not nearly as much as a cliff dive in quality.

There is literally no reason to game on an Xbox. But check out the almost confirmed rumor in the playstation thread!

Conan The Barbarian
09-22-2020, 03:55 PM
What the fuck happened to this thread? Jesus you guys get negative real quick.

Jinsai
09-22-2020, 04:33 PM
What the fuck happened to this thread? Jesus you guys get negative real quick.

It's 2020.
You saw this coming.

Wretchedest
09-22-2020, 04:49 PM
I actually ordered an Xbox but I bought it for being more powerful, not for the exclusives.

Also I've had knives out for Bethesda for a long, long time.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-22-2020, 09:36 PM
People are ordering the wrong box... Sorry, but this is fucking hilarious. (https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/9/22/21451484/xbox-series-x-preorder-one-mistake-s-microsoft-naming?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true)

Kodiak33
09-23-2020, 07:10 AM
People are ordering the wrong box... Sorry, but this is fucking hilarious. (https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/9/22/21451484/xbox-series-x-preorder-one-mistake-s-microsoft-naming?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true)

That's absolutely hilarious...their product naming is such shit.

Space Suicide
09-23-2020, 08:37 AM
That's absolutely hilarious...their product naming is such shit.

Its convoluted but being in a rush and not researching your purchase is on the consumer not the product.

allegate
09-23-2020, 10:39 AM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1308792468675072001?s=20

https://media4.giphy.com/media/fTtQ3j1q9RHHuR8Uh3/source.gif

Kodiak33
09-23-2020, 10:45 AM
Its convoluted but being in a rush and not researching your purchase is on the consumer not the product.

Absolutely true, but my point still stands :D

october_midnight
09-23-2020, 11:40 AM
I guess I should look into whether or not my multiple Xbox One controllers will work for the Series X so I don't have to buy any more...they should. I hope.

edit: nvm, they do lol.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-23-2020, 03:17 PM

I can't find the post, but there was literally buying options on Microsoft's store showing "Xbox One" under the description for the new Xbox. It's on both lol...

Space Suicide
09-23-2020, 08:00 PM
I can't find the post, but there was literally buying options on Microsoft's store showing "Xbox One" under the description for the new Xbox. It's on both lol...

Like I said earlier.....rushed.

Wretchedest
09-23-2020, 10:47 PM
It could easily have happened to me. In those situations you are drunk on urgency. I forgot to set my alarm and it was all of three hours later. I'm fucking mashing the preorder buttons on 4 or 5 sites. I almost didn't even noticed when it actually made it to my cart, from the homogeny of staring at that shit for 40 minutes. The names are dumb. In conversation I keep calling it the One X

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-24-2020, 09:26 AM
$220.00... OOF.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1309093738401214464?s=19

To add, I expected a high price, but this thing cost almost as much as the Series S alone. Branded PS5 expanded memory will probably be similar, but dam, already miss the days where a memory card was 20 bucks.

allegate
09-24-2020, 10:36 AM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1309147991941328896?s=20

https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/1309147341937496064?s=20

october_midnight
09-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Hahahaha with the conversion that shit'd run me like $299cdn. The Series X comes with a 1TB HD as it is, and with as bonkers as my life is, I usually play only 1-2 games at a time max so should be good.

But yeah, sheesh that's steep.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-24-2020, 12:29 PM
https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/1309147341937496064?s=20

I love Brian Altanos posts.

Hahahaha with the conversion that shit'd run me like $299cdn. The Series X comes with a 1TB HD as it is, and with as bonkers as my life is, I usually play only 1-2 games at a time max so should be good.

But yeah, sheesh that's steep.

A ton of people just saying "Now console players understand what it is like to be a PC gamer." Like that validates it. Making this type of media more mainstream makes sense for the hardware these consoles are putting out and they do need to make some sort of money, but for a time where tons of people are struggling, you think they would work with us a little bit.

Of course people can just do the delete and install other games thing, but the fact that we still have to do that to save money is a bit ridiculous.

Haysey_Draws
09-25-2020, 04:16 AM
This kinda smack's of when Sony made the expendable memory on the Vita STUPIDLY expensive and the ONLY method to upgrade the memory...

And this will be a major issue for S owners as it's on digital, and to make it worse games WILL get bigger. For reference Call of Duty Warzone (not Modern Warfare, juts the battle royal) currently takes 120gb, with MW its over 200gb...thats close to half the series S's BASE MEMORY...ONE ONE GAME! Hell even Doom 2016 is 80gb! With games getting higher textures we could start seeing games like the next GTA hitting 200-300gb!

Kodiak33
09-25-2020, 08:08 AM
This kinda smack's of when Sony made the expendable memory on the Vita STUPIDLY expensive and the ONLY method to upgrade the memory...

And this will be a major issue for S owners as it's on digital, and to make it worse games WILL get bigger. For reference Call of Duty Warzone (not Modern Warfare, juts the battle royal) currently takes 120gb, with MW its over 200gb...thats close to half the series S's BASE MEMORY...ONE ONE GAME! Hell even Doom 2016 is 80gb! With games getting higher textures we could start seeing games like the next GTA hitting 200-300gb!

Then, if you want to switch games, you'll have to redownload whatever you want...which eats up at most people's data cap.

Haysey_Draws
09-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Then, if you want to switch games, you'll have to redownload whatever you want...which eats up at most people's data cap.

That's something i didn't take into consideration, as in the UK most suppliers have unlimited data, it's just a case of it taking a few hours to re-download. It's not a great situation all round for the states!

Kodiak33
09-25-2020, 01:13 PM
That's something i didn't take into consideration, as in the UK most suppliers have unlimited data, it's just a case of it taking a few hours to re-download. It's not a great situation all round for the states!

Yeah it really depends on ISPs here. Usually the cable monopolies do a cap and the fiber companies don't have one.

Substance242
09-25-2020, 02:40 PM
Here's a solution for big textures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pNv7se7_rk

:-) (see also: demoscene, 4k...)

Jinsai
09-28-2020, 09:39 AM
wait... you have a ISP plan that has a "data cap?" I've never even heard of this...

So after you download a certain amount of whatever, then what happens? You just can't download anything else for a month?!

allegate
09-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Holy crap at the data dump from the Xbox embargo expiring.

https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1310571963904069632?s=20

Kodiak33
09-28-2020, 10:20 AM
wait... you have a ISP plan that has a "data cap?" I've never even heard of this...

So after you download a certain amount of whatever, then what happens? You just can't download anything else for a month?!

No, you get charged every 50GB...mine is like $10 per 50GB used after cap. Cap is set at 1.2TB right now.

Jinsai
09-28-2020, 11:46 AM
wow... I didn't know this was a thing. All the plans here are unlimited. I don't think I've even been offered a capped plan

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-28-2020, 01:09 PM
Holy crap at the data dump from the Xbox embargo expiring.

https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1310571963904069632?s=20

All those next gen games look like they're going to load fast!

Substance242
09-28-2020, 03:08 PM
Digital Foundry:
Xbox Series X Backwards Compatibility Tested - And The Performance Is Extreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oe1LUJyCCs

october_midnight
09-28-2020, 03:27 PM
This is a great (and shorter) video about the actual console itself, controller, storage space (spoiler: you only get 802GB of the 1TB), etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgMB81d_yc

kdrcraig
10-21-2020, 12:18 PM
Best Buy has some pre-orders available right now, I just snagged a Series X. Act fast, I doubt they have many.

Jon
10-21-2020, 12:29 PM
This is a great (and shorter) video about the actual console itself, controller, storage space (spoiler: you only get 802GB of the 1TB), etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgMB81d_yc

Why is the OS, etc., 129 GB?

october_midnight
10-23-2020, 07:56 AM
Unboxing video. (https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/jg6gqd/store_in_my_country_selling_the_series_x_already/)

october_midnight
10-28-2020, 11:59 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeesh.

https://twitter.com/WCGamingTweets/status/1321495641529438209

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-28-2020, 12:09 PM
You beat me to it. This is treading into Anthem territory with the development hell this game is going through. I'm extremely curious what went on behind the scenes.

But imagine having your system seller graphic all over your new consoles box and news like this just keeps pouring out... Yikes.