PDA

View Full Version : How awful will this cover be?

Volk
12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/leona_lewis_to_cover_nine_inch_nails_track_hurt.ht ml

I'm not familiar with her.

NIN64
12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Fuck the what?

sheepdean
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I've already raged about this on Facebook, so I'll be more chilled

Her first cover was a ruining of Hallelujah (yes, THAT Hallelujah), so I think she's on a crusade to destroy all music.

Also, what do people bet that she didn't know it was a NIN song?

acidpolly
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
actually... who cares? it won't make the song worse. it will just make another singing shit look even shittier.
everyone knows that Hurt is Johnny Cash's song. she's not gonna change that.

imail724
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Also, what do people bet that she didn't know it was a NIN song?All the money in the world

gorast
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
But will it be as bad as this cover? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A_KADbmAMc&ob=av2n

Jon
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
http://dssence.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Download-Leona-Lewis-Hurt-EP-Tracklist-Torrent-Free-Zip-Leak-MP3-Release-Date-Hulkshare-500x500.jpg
classy.....

Callahan
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
But will it be as bad as this cover?

ugh, that was fucking terrible....

sheepdean
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
If she uses the correct lyrics (crown of shit), I will buy it. This is how little faith I have in it.

Also, anyone noticed the day it's coming out on? RUINING TGWTDT OST DAY

NIN64
12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
http://dssence.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Download-Leona-Lewis-Hurt-EP-Tracklist-Torrent-Free-Zip-Leak-MP3-Release-Date-Hulkshare-500x500.jpg
classy.....
Please tell me that is fake. . .

butter_hole
12-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Who gives a fuck

Space Suicide
12-06-2011, 04:24 PM
D:

It's that Bleeding Love girl. Ew....do not want to hear this.

Jon
12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
D:

It's that Bleeding Love girl. Ew....do not want to hear this.

how about "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls, I know you've been dying to hear that one

Space Suicide
12-06-2011, 05:08 PM
how about "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls, I know you've been dying to hear that one

For sure. How does that go again? Last time I heard it was when it was relevant, in 1998.

Jon
12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
For sure. How does that go again? Last time I heard it was when it was relevant, in 1998.

this is horrible that I know this but it re-entered the charts last year. Trying to cash in on that I guess... a year later

The Reason Being
12-06-2011, 09:50 PM
The worst thing about this is that there's going to be a whole lot of people who'll think she wrote it. To the point where it will be a relief to hear someone say Cash wrote it, haha.

sheepdean
12-06-2011, 09:57 PM
The worst thing about this is that there's going to be a whole lot of people who'll think she wrote it. To the point where it will be a relief to hear someone say Cash wrote it, haha.
It's going on a covers EP, so I think we may be safe, people will clock on that it must be a cover if all the other ones are too

Halo Infinity
12-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I've already raged about this on Facebook, so I'll be more chilled

Her first cover was a ruining of Hallelujah (yes, THAT Hallelujah), so I think she's on a crusade to destroy all music.

Also, what do people bet that she didn't know it was a NIN song?
I'm wondering about that too. Didn't that also happen with the likes of Sheryl Crow and Sevendust? I usually don't mind cover songs. They either click with me, or they don't, but there's something really unsettling about a cover song covering another cover song to me. I suppose you could say that's where I draw the line. It's slightly cringeworthy to me, and that's putting it mildly. :p

The Reason Being
12-06-2011, 10:09 PM
It's going on a covers EP, so I think we may be safe, people will clock on that it must be a cover if all the other ones are too

Yeah, I hope you're right,, but i'm pretty sure Hurt is the single which will be played every 10 seconds on radio one every day, a station whom the majority of its listeners have no idea what an EP is. She'll be doing it on X factor on saturday too! Anyway, I think i'm getting more pessimistic about this than I need to be, lol.

thevoid99
12-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Can we put a ban on covers of "Hurt" for the time being? I can't bear to hear that song be butchered. Sheryl Crow's version was bad enough. Yet, that wasn't as bad as Linkin Park's cover of "Wish" and Maroon 5's cover of "Closer". I really want to beat the shit out of Adam Levine.

JessicaSarahS
12-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Hahaha! I think you overestimate listeners. The majority of songs on Cash's album were covers. Look what happened with that!

sheepdean
12-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm wondering about that too. Didn't that also happen with the likes of Sheryl Crow and Sevendust? I usually don't mind cover songs. They either click with me, or they don't, but there's something really unsettling about a cover song covering another cover song to me. I suppose you could say that's where I draw the line. It's slightly cringeworthy to me, and that's putting it mildly. :p
Like every single cover of Tainted Love being a cover of Soft Cell's cover, or Hound Dog of Elvis', ad infinitum. Sigh.

Conan The Barbarian
12-06-2011, 10:51 PM
But will it be as bad as this cover? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A_KADbmAMc&ob=av2n

hahahaahhahahhaa I couldnt stop laughing while listening to this lol. ah man

Kid Charlemagne
12-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Really can't wait for Nicki Minaj's cover of "The Day the World Went Away".

peanoot3
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM

Hahaha! That's horrible! I will never get the concept of people thinking that screaming in a song makes it more "emotional".

ubermensch
12-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Shit like this pisses me off. Cash didnt do it justice so you can imagine the atrocity that this bitch will come up with.

new now
12-07-2011, 04:07 AM
At least pick something a little more obscure so that we could have the slightest faith that you were a closet fan in a pop genre. Jesus!

reznovka
12-07-2011, 07:10 AM
She may be good in making cheap pop songs for 12 year old girls...but I KNOW that sheīll ruin hurt, with this voice and her "style"...itīll sound like a love ballad...I still hope itīs just a bad joke from some MM-Fans, but I guess itīs the sad truth...

dogsipod
12-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Sometimes I envy the deaf....

scorpiusdiamond
12-07-2011, 08:14 AM
I posted angrily on my facebook and received much sympathy from my friends... (though did receive a few Johnny Cash comments)
Also wrote far too much on my blog about it (http://orpiusdiamond.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/78/) including why it's so personal to me (and I'm sure to a lot of others) especially as it means so much to me because of how much I appreciate Trent and his work and his life.
update: some Leona Lewis fans came across my post... (http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136145&st=60)

Jon
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
update: some Leona Lewis fans came across my post... (http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136145&st=60)

This is a Leona Lewis fan, they are strange creatures and I'm not sure why good ol' Darwin hasn't stepped in yet...

"EUGH. I despise music snobbery and that blog smacks of it. Anyone can sing any song and put in a decent attempt at an original version. No one needs to go through what the writer of the song did. The implication is ridiculous since a large portion of the music industry sings other people's songs and most people don't even realise."

EDIT: nevermind, i'll let that quote speak for itself...

icklekitty
12-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I actually agree with that person.....but not here mate. No, this is definitely balls.

dogsipod
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Love the blog post. The comments were...well...sad really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rossva
12-07-2011, 12:47 PM
"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery" or did I get that quote totally wrong?

owinn
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
She's going to perform it in front of British royalty at the Royal Variety Show... a Nine Inch Nails song is going to be performed for our Royal Family... THE WORLD HAS GONE FUCKING NUTS

icklekitty
12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I want to see DoE's reaction.

Mantra
12-08-2011, 02:37 PM
classy.....

That looks like a mannequin.

jrdsctt
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Maybe the world really is coming to end soon?

Halo Infinity
12-08-2011, 03:07 PM
While I didn't really get all that into it, I actually thought that it was sort of funny. Could you imagine?

"I still!!! Recall!!! The taste!!! Of your tears!!! Echoing!!! Your voice!!! Just like!!! The ringing in my ears!!!"

I'm sorry, perhaps it's just me, but I find the idea of making a sad, mellow song sound angry and heavy or vice-versa quite comical to me. However, it would be much harder for me to sit through if it wasn't even remotely funny to me. :p

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Prepare yourselves
edit: Youtube video taken down, here's another link (http://jsuyama.tumblr.com/post/13965470604/hurt-leona-lewis)
It just doesn't work​...

reznovka
12-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Itīs not as bad as I expected, but itīs still...it doesnīt feel right...there are songs that CANīT be covered...and hurt is one of them.
I like female singer, but her voice wonīt fit to a song like this.
She just made a pop song, for 12 year old girls with a broken heart, out of it.

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Itīs not as bad as I expected, but itīs still...it doesnīt feel right...there are songs that CANīT be covered...and hurt is one of them.
I like female singer, but her voice wonīt fit to a song like this.
She just made a pop song, for 12 year old girls with a broken heart, out of it.

I think Cash's version worked, I don't like it, but it worked.
Done another blog on it, dissecting it for those who don't want to hear it. (http://scorpiusdiamond.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/it-just-doesnt-work/)

icklekitty
12-09-2011, 07:19 AM
I didn't really mind it up to "and you can have it all....". Her voice is just too...pretty? to pull it off, and then those swelling strings kick in.

dominik
12-09-2011, 07:21 AM
What the fuck is this shit

wight rabbit
12-09-2011, 07:36 AM
I like how she completely skips over the first four lines of the second verse.

sheepdean
12-09-2011, 07:44 AM
She's trying to make it happy...
What.

And she dropped the needle tears a hole. And crown of shit/thorns.

Why would you cover a song and drop half the lyrics?

Also Scorpuis, you DO know the original lyrics are crown of shit, right?

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2011, 07:53 AM
And she dropped the needle tears a hole.

Nope, that bits still there

Also Scorpuis, you DO know the original lyrics are crown of shit, right?

Yep, I was just assuming she was covering the Johnny Cash version, but she skipped that anyway. Too relgiousy I'm guessing.

Kamelion
12-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Eew. That was bad. How can something so saccharine sound so utterly dreadful? Heard she'll be performing it on tv on the X-Factor final on Saturday. Another good reason not to watch :D

WorzelG
12-09-2011, 11:50 AM
She's going to perform it in front of British royalty at the Royal Variety Show... a Nine Inch Nails song is going to be performed for our Royal Family... THE WORLD HAS GONE FUCKING NUTS

Ha ha, I actually find that supremely funny - will add whole new meaning to 'empire of dirt'!

MAD
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
It's not THAT bad.

REPLICA
12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
There are so many different things I could list about this cover that are all none to kind... But, (for me) the most annoying thing about this song, are the strings that come in near the end - she is trying to make it seem like she just broke up with some one rather than just having gone through a world of shit - maybe she should have listened to The Becoming, Downward Sprial or (Really Really) Big Man with a Gun. Perhaps then she could have made a better attempt at this particular song.

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
There are so many different things I could list about this cover that are all none to kind... But, (for me) the most annoying thing about this song, are the strings that come in near the end - she is trying to make it seem like she just broke up with some one rather than just having gone through a world of shit - maybe she should have listened to The Becoming, Downward Sprial or (Really Really) Big Man with a Gun. Perhaps then she could have made a better attempt at this particular song.

Yeah, but you know she didn't listen to the original. I'd be surprised if she even listened to the Johnny Cash version...

demo
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
This is pretty awful, considering the lack of..

oh, fuck this song. lol

REPLICA
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
yeah... I know... It would have been nice though if she at least tried to listen to the original.

Halo Infinity
12-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Damn. The only thing that bugs me about the cover is that the following lyrics, as discussed, are missing from it. So yes, you are not going to hear the following lyrics Leona Lewis's cover of Hurt.

"I wear this crown of shit, upon my liar's chair, full of broken thoughts, I cannot repair."

I actually don't mind the overall sound of the cover song at all, but the omission of those lyrics really ruined it for me.

butters
12-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow. I pretty much knew I'd hate the cover... the chorus sounds too happy for what the lyrics are. It's like "Yay! I'll let you down! Yay!"

And that "album art" is beyond shit. There's no feeling at all connecting it to the song.

Tony
12-09-2011, 02:07 PM

i wholeheartedly agree

acidpolly
12-09-2011, 02:46 PM
As she sings about her "empire of dirt,” you’re left thinking about a housewife who’s noticed a pesky stain on the dining room table which will need an extra squirt of Cillit Bang to eradicate it out completely.
hahaha
http://www.nme.com/reviews/leona-lewis/12545
no, I'm not going to listen to this.

thevoid99
12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I just heard it. It's fucking crap!

Halo Infinity
12-09-2011, 03:21 PM
(I didn't listen to it all the way through at first.) I also noticed that she skipped the second part with the "What have I become? My sweetest friend. Everyone I know, goes away in the end." The lyrics for whatever reason have been butchered. I just don't know why, but they are, and that certainly gets annoying. I also agree with the other posters that said that it sounds a bit too cheery at some parts for Hurt too. Don't get me wrong though, I know a cover song isn't supposed to be precisely the same at all times, but some parts are best left unchanged. (And this is probably yet another example why some people hate/dislike covers in general to begin with.)

*Goes back to listening to the original version of Hurt by Michael. ;)*

icklekitty
12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
hahaha

"What we're really saying, of course, is that at least it's a hell of a lot better that Susan Boyles version of 'Enjoy The Silence'. "

WHAT?!?!?!

Halo Infinity
12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh... okay... I can't believe I just read that too. :confused:

Michalrose
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM

Oh my god that is funny! Sounds like he is puking and "singing" at the same time.

sheepdean
12-09-2011, 03:57 PM
"What we're really saying, of course, is that at least it's a hell of a lot better that Susan Boyles version of 'Enjoy The Silence'. "

WHAT?!?!?!
Her new album I believe

butters
12-09-2011, 05:29 PM
hahaha

WHAT?!?!?!

The fuck? I didn't know she did a DM cover. I'm going to resist temptation to even find it on youtube, it will upset me greatly...

kitz
12-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Heard she'll be performing it on tv on the X-Factor final on Saturday. Another good reason not to watch :D
what? ... oh... my...

Hurt is not a pop song. Period.

Jon
12-09-2011, 07:51 PM

WHAT?!?!?!

or Alvin and the Chipmunks' version of 'Cry Me A River'

what a decidely crappy review by.... oh wait, it's NME...

acidpolly
12-10-2011, 03:48 AM
actually.......I know how it sounds, it's like comparing two piles of shit but Susan Boyle's cover is not that awful in comparison.
Hurt is just made into a standart radio-friendly song to clean your kitchen to (or maybe I couldn't rid of that sentence from nme :) ). thankfully they at least didn't add any rap parts there.

Cyurus Razor
12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
That is awful... *looks around for barf bag*

Kamelion
12-10-2011, 03:30 PM
FAAAARRRGHHHH!!!

Well, she's doing it live now. Just sang the needle line too!

Kamelion
12-10-2011, 03:31 PM
God, it's so horrible.

WorzelG
12-10-2011, 04:31 PM
God, it's so horrible.

I couldn't bear to watch it but I did notice that Nine Inch Nails suddenly trended on twitter for a while - did they say who the song was originally by in the introduction?

scotty79
12-10-2011, 04:33 PM
never heard anything get mentioned about who done it originally but i'm sure we all know that most folk think its a johnny cash song and therefore are sayin she's murdered a johnny cash song

sheepdean
12-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I couldn't bear to watch it but I did notice that Nine Inch Nails suddenly trended on twitter for a while - did they say who the song was originally by in the introduction?
I imagine if they'd said it was Cash, we'd all know and be really pissed, so I'm sure they said Tronticles

Harry Seaward
12-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Obviously not, otherwise 'Johnny Cash' would have been trending.

EDIT: Three post hive-mind, nice.

Kamelion
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
They didn't mention Trent or NIN or Cash. Just lots of babbling about how awesome Leona is, and then "And now, singing Hurt, Leona Lewis" or something like that. And then the laughing and the pointing.

Hula
12-10-2011, 05:00 PM
A bunch of people I'm friends with on Facebook have made mention of Cash and how he must be rolling in his grave. Would it be bad if I defriended? XD

sheepdean
12-10-2011, 05:05 PM
A bunch of people I'm friends with on Facebook have made mention of Cash and how he must be rolling in his grave. Would it be bad if I defriended? XD
It would be bad if you didn't go to their houses and slap them with a fish

Hula
12-10-2011, 06:19 PM
I just listened to it on t'Tube and yes, it is as awful as I was expecting. So flat and emotionless. How do you even turn a song like 'Hurt' into something like that?

pequena
12-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow...wow. I'm listening to this right now and I'm wondering if it can actually get any more empty, hollow and superficial sounding as it goes on.

It does. And does it ever. This is pretty bad.

redshoewearer
12-10-2011, 09:10 PM
That wasn't too good. There are others I'm sure, but the only woman I can think of offhand who would do justice to the song might be Patti Smith.

Reaps
12-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Heard her version on telly in the pub. I raised hell but no'one at the bar understood me which isn't surprising as they mostly consist of retired farmers.

Yeah..don't listen to Boyle's ETS cover, she changed the lyrics as well ''oh my little boy..'' heh.

The Reason Being
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Just saw the X factor thing on youtube...then I scrolled down:

"Johnny Cash must be turning in his grave, some people need to learn to sing their own songs"

Big Fat Matt
12-11-2011, 10:28 AM
i think im the only one here who liked the hardcore cover...

oh, and leona lewis is crap on a crap cracker.

Jon
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM

CAN YOU????!!!! TELL ME!!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I understand why Leona Lewis looks plastic on the EP cover, now

Big Fat Matt
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
CAN YOU????!!!! TELL ME!!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!
im a fan of that style of vocals. i go to a lot of small shows in my tri-county area, and 99% of the bands sing like this. its begun to grow on me (like a cyst)

acidpolly
12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
the whole thing actually makes me wonder if the artist has a right to prohibit other "musicians" to covering his songs? or it's enough to get permission from the label?

scorpiusdiamond
12-11-2011, 06:38 PM
the whole thing actually makes me wonder if the artist has a right to prohibit other "musicians" to covering his songs? or it's enough to get permission from the label?

Pretty sure Trent has little to no control over who can use his music, hence all the trailers and programmes that use said music, however, I think he can send out cease and desists - I seem to remember Rob & co saying they were when Fox used some NIN in their programmes.

Acidpickle
12-11-2011, 08:28 PM

I actually really like the cover, other than the first verse. I have no clue why they put that shitty echo/delay in the beginning. Otherwise it's a pretty excellent cover of Hurt (For a hardcore band)

Dinki Di
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Guess what? It's not that bad.

playwithfire
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I dislike the random key changes, the choppy orchestration... what... I'm watching the X-Factor thing. I don't even know if someone who's never heard it previously would understand it as a cohesive song.

Harry Seaward
12-11-2011, 11:47 PM

I'd wager it depends on the contract that the music was created under. It probably differs from artist to artist.

icklekitty
12-12-2011, 03:00 AM
I dislike the random key changes, the choppy orchestration... what... I'm watching the X-Factor thing. I don't even know if someone who's never heard it previously would understand it as a cohesive song.

I had to walk away after two lines of the X-factor performance. Nothing to do with the quality of the performance, it was just so weird to hear it live

demo
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Honestly, I prefer this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBYH0bVjbDQ&feature=colike

nin5in
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I wish everybody would leave hurt the hell alone. The "Man In Black" already covered it and nailed it. I do not need to hear 50 versions of hurt. I'm just fine with the original and JC's version.

Miss.Selfdestruct
12-13-2011, 02:51 AM
seriously, there's plenty of newer and amazing songs to cover other than hurt. i'm sick of it to the point where i'm unable to enjoy it live.

kitz
12-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Guess what? It's not that bad.
Leona has a really pretty voice, she can sing. Yes. But it's hard to believe what she sings when a tv show made her famous and she has nothing to do with the lyrics.

scotty79
12-14-2011, 09:57 AM
at work listening to the radio and this comes on and at the end it is mentioned as a nin cover

jrdsctt
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
at work listening to the radio and this comes on and at the end it is mentioned as a nin cover

http://www.bumperstickerz.com/images/1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

DigitalChaos
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Hurt covers you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355uFNg5y-s

Kamelion
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Oh god, she's just done it again live on the Royal Variety Performance. How very dare they.

acidpolly
12-15-2011, 07:22 AM
I think it will be accurate to assume she has no idea what Nine Inch Nails is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16178204

sheepdean
12-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Hundredth have a video for their awful cover: the lead singer looks so into it, it's hilarious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc7E9UPO81U&feature=share

joplinpicasso
12-20-2011, 05:18 AM
At least she's using that flatted 5th note in the verses, and not Cash's general chords.

The cover is not atrocious, per se (EDIT: oh, well, I just got to the second verse and chorus - ummm, pop pop pop), but I'm really disappointed to see this being trotted around. Why the hell cover this song to make your name?

This reminds me of Adam Lambert making strides in American Idol covering "Mad World", and his version was very, very similar to Gary Jules' version, but I wondered about the familiarity of fans with Tears For Fears.

hobochic
12-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Hundredth have a video for their awful cover: the lead singer looks so into it, it's hilarious

Meh... One would at least think that they'd be OK with the word SHIT instead of thorns.

joplinpicasso
12-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Meh... One would at least think that they'd be OK with the word SHIT instead of thorns.

Or, you could go the Leona Lewis route, and leave out that line entirely - all the better to quickly get back to that poppy refrain!

hobochic
12-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Or, you could go the Leona Lewis route, and leave out that line entirely - all the better to quickly get back to that poppy refrain!

srsly? I've avoided that cover so far, I'm afraid I have to hear it to believe it now...

danebraddy
12-20-2011, 08:26 AM
the music in the Hundredth cover is decent but...the singer... please...die...

BenAkenobi
12-20-2011, 09:11 AM
earlier this year there was a topic about full album cover project, successfully funded through kickstarter.com
first demo is here - http://inversephase.bandcamp.com/track/the-only-time-gameboy-monomix
looking forward to that one, i think it deserves a separate topic :)

redshoewearer
12-20-2011, 10:42 AM
The cover is not atrocious, per se (EDIT: oh, well, I just got to the second verse and chorus - ummm, pop pop pop), but I'm really disappointed to see this being trotted around. Why the hell cover this song to make your name?

1) riding on TR's coattails
2) thinking that little of TR's edginess will rub off on them if they cover it
3) maybe they really like the song

prozac
12-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Well since weīre talking bout Hurt covers this is my own personal take on that one...
It's kind off a NIN "instrumental cover" with the Cash vocal melody on it...
Im not sure if it's good or not but im pretty sure it's better than the Leona Lewis one :D

http://soundcloud.com/the-lazy-pilgrims/hurt-vocal

cheddamash
12-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I dig it! Nice find, Ben.