Dryalex12
11-09-2016, 12:48 AM
i'm very disappointed with you Penn

Jinsai
11-09-2016, 12:48 AM
what the fuck have you done America?!

allegro
11-09-2016, 12:49 AM
also @theimage13 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=809) , how can you call people idiots for not expecting this when EVERY poll predicted Clinton to win for almost every day of the election season?

This is a MASSIVE upset.
Polls suck.

Amaro
11-09-2016, 12:50 AM
what the fuck have you done America?!

Something always with Jinsai... When he gets upset, I can feel it.

allegro
11-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Yes, I know many people who voted for Trump who are not every day go to Republican voter or they are completely new to voting... Trump was their "Fuck You establishment" vote. They just hate politicians, the state of politics, the state of the country, and the state of their lives. Trump was their way to say, "Hey politicians, get your shit together and help the American people out or we'll vote you out or choose an outsider over you."
Yes but they are still Republicans who generally hate Obamacare. Nearly everybody at the exit polls said that was their PRIMARY ISSUE: Get rid of Obamacare.

Obamacare is why Trump won. Period.

aggroculture
11-09-2016, 12:56 AM
why do they hate Obamacare? My understanding is that it insured a lot of people previously uninsured. What's the downside?

Krazy
11-09-2016, 12:56 AM
The Democtratics own significant other shit on Obamacare. The one that cheated on her at a minimum of one time in the Oval Office.

That should tell you something.

allegro
11-09-2016, 12:59 AM
why do they hate Obamacare? My understanding is that it insured a lot of people previously uninsured. What's the downside?
COST. Insurance companies have raised the cost of insurance by a fucking ton so that deductibles had to go up. Insurance companies pulled out of the exchange because they were losing money. The 'minimum coverage' requirements greatly increased costs and deductibles for employers and employees. PPOs have totally pulled out of many markets, forcing people to have HMOs, then many doctors and hospitals won't accept HMOs. The mandatory individual coverage SHOULD HAVE been the single-payer program via the Government but the insurance companies that prevented it are now crying poor due to those mandatory policies and their high costs.

The insurance lobbyists won't allow single-payer. Trump has a plan to eliminate borders between states re insurance and force insurance companies to submit bids. His followers love this.

Swykk
11-09-2016, 01:01 AM
She's not going to win AZ, UT or WI. I think it's over. I've never wanted to be wrong more. I can't sleep and I feel like my body is collapsing on itself. Attacking itself.

I don't even know what to say. My thoughts are all over the place.

neorev
If we could survive a retarded Republican President like George W. Bush for 8 years who allowed one of the biggest terrorist attacks to happen on American soil that killed 2,996 people who then lied to get us into a 15+ year war with countries that had nothing to do with said terrorist attack killing 4,424 U.S. service members and injuring another 31,952 and killing 500,000 Iraqis and 26,000 Afghans all while passing laws that take away our rights, locking up innocent people, and spying on its own people, I think we can survive Donald Trump. It will suck... just like the last 15+ years have sucked.

Mantra
Nearly everybody at the exit polls said that was their PRIMARY ISSUE: Get rid of Obamacare.

That's not what I'm seeing. I saw NBC reporting Trump exit polls where the voters selected "The Economy" as their primary motivation for voting Trump.

hellospaceboy
11-09-2016, 01:03 AM
Oh fuck, I started a post about 3rd party votes and predictions and all that, but who cares...

It's fuckin' done, and it's so weird, I wasn't expecting this at all, I'm seriously fucked up by this. What the fuck just happen? How the fuck did Trump become our president-elect?! My brain hurts!!!

neorev
11-09-2016, 01:06 AM
Chris Matthews on MSNBC literally just said how voters didn't have as big a stake in Hillary as they did with Bernie lol.

UH DUH

Krazy
11-09-2016, 01:09 AM
Good night and peace out, time for bed. Calm down people. The sun (should) rise again in the East and set out West.

:: prays::

Mantra
11-09-2016, 01:09 AM
Pennsylvania flipping to Trump is a total upset. 98% reporting and he's still up by 1%. This has now completely fucked her. Even if she miraculously gets Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and Michigan, it still won't be enough. She absolutely needed Pennsylvania.

allegro
11-09-2016, 01:11 AM
yup. the "affordable" aspect of the affordable care act evaporated quickly. it's only getting worse

both my parents are in medicine, and they are trump voters. it's made things much more ugly inside than the consumers realize..
Yes exactly. It's a big disaster and getting worse. Some aspects should stay but a lot are terrible. The main focus of pretty much every Trump voter is: FUCK OBAMACARE. None of them would have ever voted for anybody who would NOT totally repealed Obamacare, and that's not ANY Democrat.

WorzelG
11-09-2016, 01:12 AM
Polls can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned. 13m didn't vote in the brexit referendum and I bet most of them would have wanted the status quo (ie remain) and might have swung the vote if the polls hadn't been so smug and sure remain would win.

Is it still possible for Clinton to win?

neorev
11-09-2016, 01:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

sick among the pure
11-09-2016, 01:15 AM
So, if my fiance and I go to the city building tomorrow and get a marriage license, are we less likely to have it be taken back than we are to have the ability taken away from us entirely when Trump is sworn in? Or will going out and getting it done before then not make any difference?
I already know I won't have any medical insurance, and even if I did, won't be covered for any trans-related medications (which is all of them).
I already know I'm going to get my NYS CCP in hopes of being able to protect myself (I pass as male and usually as white so I'm not as concerned about myself as I am about all of my friends right now).

Like, literally where do I start? What can I do to try to protect what little advancement was made to help keep me fucking alive in this country?

allegro
11-09-2016, 01:19 AM
That's not what I'm seeing. I saw NBC reporting Trump exit polls where the voters selected "The Economy" as their primary motivation for voting Trump.
It's that too but the people they talk with are mostly turned on by Trump's plan to IMMEDIATELY repeal Obamacare. MSNBC and Carville were talking about it tonight, too. Talk to ANY Trump supporter: 1st thing that comes up is Obamacare.

Jinsai
11-09-2016, 01:28 AM
trump will not be president. He cannot be president. That just cannot happen!!!? What the fuck is going on?

Mantra
11-09-2016, 01:29 AM
God, it's gonna be fucking grim going to work tomorrow. Roughly 70% of my students are immigrants, with a sizable chunk of them being Muslim. The whole day's gonna be like a long funeral.

Mantra
11-09-2016, 01:31 AM
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

*Glenn Beck* is on *NBC* right now talking about how much of a shock this is and how much he doesn't want to be a republican now.

Yeah, he's been in this weird "moderate" mode lately. It's strange.

allegro
11-09-2016, 01:32 AM
If we could survive a retarded Republican President like George W. Bush for 8 years who allowed one of the biggest terrorist attacks to happen on American soil that killed 2,996 people.
To be fair, GW didn't know that those terrorists were gonna hit the WTC.

But, yes, 8 years of GW Bush sucked. Reagan was bad, too. I think, from what one of these talking heads said, that we have NEVER had three consecutive terms of a President from the same party?

Mantra
11-09-2016, 01:37 AM
I think, from what one of these talking heads said, that we have NEVER had three consecutive terms of a President from the same party?

Harding, Coolidge, Hoover! lol

Presideo
11-09-2016, 01:37 AM
"We didn't think Brexit would actually happen, so we didn't even bother to vote against it"

Same exact thing is happening here. The black vote was down considerably compared to four years ago. Educated white women weren't nearly as helpful to Hillary as many thought (CBS' coverage made it seem like a statistical impossibility that so many affluent white women voted for Trump in Florida.) The Hispanic vote, a key factor in Obama's win over Romney, didn't seem to matter at all.

Rural, blue-collar white guys killed it at the polls; on the other side, Dems just got way too comfortable. Obama has a great approval rating and is leaving office with an economy in much better shape than the one he inherited eight years ago, which was a huge bonus for the party going into this election. Bush 43, along with other staunch Republicans like Lindsey Graham, didn't even go Red this election. There was no way Donald "Grab 'Em By The Pussy" Trump, could win with so little GOP love...and yet it seems to be happening.

allegro
11-09-2016, 01:38 AM
Yeah, he's been in this weird "moderate" mode lately. It's strange.

He said that Michelle Obama's speech made him a changed man lol.

neorev
11-09-2016, 01:40 AM
You can't blame third parties costing Hillary the win. No one voting for Johnson would have ever voted for Hillary. Johnson actually made this a closer race by taking votes away from Trump. I imagine Trump would have had a much larger lead with Johnson's votes if Johnson wasn't an option.

Edit:
Sarah K, the fact that you facepalmed this shows how clueless you really are.

allegro
11-09-2016, 01:41 AM

Lol so much for the talking heads!

Boy these people at the Javitz Center look like they're on suicide watch.

I can't wait to see if Trump coats the whole Oval Office in gaudy gold leaf.

tony.parente
11-09-2016, 01:43 AM
Homie has 264 electoral votes. It's over.

ziltoid
11-09-2016, 01:47 AM
274 according to this site. It's over we elected a sexual predator as the next President of Murica. We're Fucked.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

WorzelG
11-09-2016, 01:50 AM
I don't understand why people think Bernie Sanders would have beaten Trump. When everyone is going uber right wing why would someone further to the left than Obama make them change their minds? It doesn't make sense to me

onthewall2983
11-09-2016, 01:52 AM
Bernie was appealing to working-class people better than Hillary was.

tony.parente
11-09-2016, 01:54 AM
I don't understand why people think Bernie Sanders would have beaten Trump. When everyone is going uber right wing why would someone further to the left than Obama make them change their minds? It doesn't make sense to me

I mean, there's the FBI investigation. The Clinton foundation. Benghazi. Flip flopping on things like gay marriage and the TPP. None of those things helped her with the fringe voters. Bernie would have gotten the Hillary folks, fringe folks and the disgruntled republicans who just didn't want trump like the republicans got some disgruntled dems.

neorev
11-09-2016, 01:55 AM
A Trump win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sok_KbPG6iw

aggroculture
11-09-2016, 01:55 AM
Bernie was appealing to working-class people better than Hillary was.

Sure, but allegro is right. If he couldn't even win Dem primary voters...how was he going to carry the general?

Mantra
11-09-2016, 01:56 AM
I just checked r/the_donald on reddit, and one of the top thread topics is, and I quote: "HEY LOSERS SJWS OF REDDIT HOW DOES OUR DICK TASTE? GO FUCK YOURSELVES. WE ARE THE FUTURE AND YOU ARE A BUNCH OF 100% LOSERS. I OPENLY LAUGH IN YOUR FACE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHH"

Nice to see them working overtime to validate all the Trump supporter stereotypes.

Harry Seaward
11-09-2016, 01:57 AM
I'm super stoked that the United States Supreme Court is going to be destroyed for the better part of my lifetime. Awesome. And this is a joke to some people. Even more awesome.

cashpiles (closed)
11-09-2016, 01:59 AM
https://images.scribblelive.com/2016/11/9/bfa9d47f-bf63-4b83-8783-5555cad08059.jpg

neorev
11-09-2016, 02:00 AM

Because this was an anti-establishment election.

Bernie was the one politician taking on the establishment and going after the things that matter to every day people. Like Trump, he tapped into the frustration of the American people. I know plenty of Republicans who wanted Bernie. Bernie also had the youth vote, Hillary did not. Bernie has the Independents/third partiers, Hillary does not. Those Johnson/Stein votes would have all been for Bernie. Bernie was going after Wall Street and corporations. Trump represents the corporations/businessmen, Bernie would have exploited that. Hillary was too in bed with Wall Street/corporations that she couldn't speak out and go after them like Bernie, she was in their pocket. Bernie had a hardcore base that was silenced and ignored by the DNC and media. If he had the media attention Trump had, he would have destroyed him.

neorev
11-09-2016, 02:03 AM
Sure, but allegro is right. If he couldn't even win Dem primary voters...how was he going to carry the general?

He had almost zero exposure during the primary compared to what Hillary got and especially Trump. The DNC planted BS stories to undermine Bernie where they should have either stayed neutral or propped him up. It's not his fault he lost the primary, that rest on the shoulders of those who voted for Hillary instead of him. He was always the stronger candidate fighting the real issues that matter to every day American people. His record speaks volumes and more in line with the public than Hillary's record.

Harry Seaward
11-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Podesta giving a speech now saying there will be no further word from the campaign tonight. He's telling the crowd to go home and we'll hear more tomorrow.

WorzelG
11-09-2016, 02:05 AM
I mean, there's the FBI investigation. The Clinton foundation. Benghazi. Flip flopping on things like gay marriage and the TPP. None of those things helped her with the fringe voters. Bernie would have gotten the Hillary folks, fringe folks and the disgruntled republicans who just didn't want trump like the republicans got some disgruntled dems.

That's all well and good, doesn't justify voting for the orange man (or letting him in). That FBI emails thing was such a load of boring bollocks

aggroculture
11-09-2016, 02:07 AM
He had almost zero exposure during the primary compared to what Hillary got and especially Trump. The DNC planted BS stories to undermine Bernie where they should have either stayed neutral or propped him up. It's not his fault he lost the primary, that rest on the shoulders of those who voted for Hillary instead of him. He was always the stronger candidate fighting the real issues that matter to every day American people. His record speaks volumes and more in line with the public than Hillary's record.

Yeah but Trump also had the Repub establishment against him, and he cleared the ground in the primaries.
Sanders, unfortunately, failed to do the same with the Dems.

I agree he would have done better against Trump in the general, but he lost at that first hurdle, so it was game over for him.

neorev
11-09-2016, 02:07 AM
Good thing I voted for the candidate I wanted and didn't cave in to vote for the loser because voting for her wouldn't have counted for anything.

tony.parente
11-09-2016, 02:09 AM
Wouldn't it be crazy if trump like, flip flopped on everything and kicked ass as president somehow? That would be cool.

allegro
11-09-2016, 02:09 AM

Bernie was the one politician taking on the establishment and going after the things that matter to every day people. Like Trump, he tapped into the frustration of the American people. I know plenty of Republicans who wanted Bernie. Bernie also had the youth vote, Hillary did not. Bernie has the Independents/third partiers, Hillary does not. Those Johnson/Stein votes would have all been for Bernie. Bernie was going after Wall Street and corporations. Trump represents the corporations/businessmen, Bernie would have exploited that. Hillary was too in bed with Wall Street/corporations that she couldn't speak out and go after them like Bernie, she was in their pocket. Bernie had a hardcore base that was silenced and ignored by the DNC and media. If he had the media attention Trump had, he would have destroyed him.

But Bernie didn't want to get rid of Obamacare. That is what got Trump voters out IN DROVES. It's what lost Dems their control in the midterms after Obamacare went into effect and Dems never got it back. The Trump votes today outnumbered the Obama votes in '08, THAT is how many voters Trump a mobilized. Trump's the rich white Obama.

neorev
11-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Yeah but Trump also had the Repub establishment against him, and he cleared the ground in the primaries.
Sanders, unfortunately, failed to do the same with the Dems.

I agree he would have done better against Trump in the general, but he lost at that first hurdle, so it was game over for him.

And Bernie had a dedicated following. If the DNC put as much energy supporting him as they did with Hillary, he would have been a bigger candidate. But his own party went out of their way to undermine his campaign and plant stories in mainstream media to make him look like a bad candidate. Bernie losing is more to blame on the DNC and the uneducated Democratic voters easily manipulated by the establishment.

The DNC chose to fight within itself.

WorzelG
11-09-2016, 02:12 AM

But couldn't it have worked the other way round, as anti establishment as might be, do Americans like communism ?? I'm sure there are ways that could have worked against Bernie. You're making out all these people to be real lovelies at heart who would have voted lovely old Bernie given the chance. Personally this election and brexit has made me wake up and think people are just shit in the main

sick among the pure
11-09-2016, 02:12 AM
Wouldn't it be crazy if trump like, flip flopped on everything and kicked ass as president somehow? That would be cool.

You mean how he was a Democrat before and joked about how he could say all sorts of bullshit and Republicans would eat it up and elect him?

aggroculture
11-09-2016, 02:14 AM
And Bernie had a dedicated following. If the DNC put as much energy supporting him as they did with Hillary, he would have been a bigger candidate. But his own party went out of their way to undermine his campaign and plant stories in mainstream media to make him look like a bad candidate. Bernie losing is more to blame on the DNC and the uneducated Democratic voters easily manipulated by the establishment.

The DNC chose to fight within itself.

His own party? Hasn't he been an independent since like 1979?

allegro
11-09-2016, 02:15 AM
I'm super stoked that the United States Supreme Court is going to be destroyed for the better part of my lifetime. Awesome. And this is a joke to some people. Even more awesome.

Remember, O'Connor was appointed by Reagan.

Roberts upheld Obamacare. Twice.

allegro
11-09-2016, 02:17 AM
His own party? Hasn't he been an independent since like 1979?

Yes. Bernie is not a Democrat. He only ran as a Dem because he thought he had a better chance at winning. Lots of people (including me) were pissed at him for doing that. He should have ran as an Independent.

aggroculture
11-09-2016, 02:19 AM
Yes. Bernie is not a Democrat. He only ran as a Dem because he thought he had a better chance at winning. Lots of people (including me) were pissed at him for doing that. He should have ran as an Independent.

If he'd ran as an independent he would have "split the vote" and we'd have the same result, except people would be blaming Bernie instead of Hillary.

tony.parente
11-09-2016, 02:21 AM
You mean how he was a Democrat before and joked about how he could say all sorts of bullshit and Republicans would eat it up and elect him?
That would be dope. I hope he grabs the Republican Party by the pussy and powerbombs it, then rips his dress shirt off revealing a glorious donkey shirt underneath.

allegro
11-09-2016, 02:23 AM
If he'd ran as an independent he would have "split the vote" and we'd have the same result, except people would be blaming Bernie instead of Hillary.
Or, maybe he would have won the vote.

Honestly, with the numbers that Trump pulled tonight, OBAMA couldn't have won against Trump this time. He is getting HUGE numbers.

tony.parente
11-09-2016, 02:24 AM
Or, maybe he would have won the vote.

Honestly, with the numbers that Trump pulled tonight, OBAMA couldn't have won against Trump this time. He is getting HUGE numbers.
I'm sorry, it's spelled yuge now.

Jinsai
11-09-2016, 02:26 AM
I................................................. ................

Mantra
11-09-2016, 02:28 AM

I think the reasoning generally goes that she alienated lefties, young people, independents, etc, in exchange for being more centrist, probably banking on the strategy that she could hopefully win over some of the "moderate" Republicans who were turned off by Trump. But, as we can see, that approach didn't really work. It was a sacrifice that got her very little.

One of the things that I was concerned about was that a lot of the states Hillary won during the primary had no chance of ever going Democrat in the general. For example, she completely dominated the south, but the south is pure Republican territory when it comes to the GE. So those victories were ultimately worthless in the long run. On the other hand, if you look at a lot of the battle states people are talking about tonight, like Wisconsin, Michigan, New Hampshire, Bernie was the one who won there. Obviously it's all just speculation, but you can't help wondering what might have been.

The thing is, like neorev said, Bernie would have robbed Trump of his outsider/rebel status. The outsider vs. establishment dynamic worked in Trump's favor against Hillary. But Bernie the socialist dude could have spun it around: pissed off working class people need to tell rich one percenters like Donald Trump to shove it. Now Donald's not the rebel, he's just more of the establishment.

Of course, maybe Bernie would have lost too, who knows. It's ultimately just pointless speculation. Nevertheless, at this point it's pretty hard to hold onto the idea of Hillary being the right choice.

Mantra
11-09-2016, 02:31 AM
Maybe Martin O'Malley should have been the nominee. ;)

Frozen Beach
11-09-2016, 02:32 AM
276 on the guardian

elevenism
11-09-2016, 02:33 AM
Yes.
And what tony.parente said is what i am praying for.
Maybe trump ran as a republican and said all the racist shit just to win.
Maybe he actually has some good ideas.
I am praying that President Trump will be a different animal than candidate trump/

Harry Seaward
11-09-2016, 02:42 AM
This is unbelievable. The fact that there are any of you who aren't destroyed right now is inexplicable to me. How can any of you see one single upside in this?

Dryalex12
11-09-2016, 02:45 AM
I'm still in shock........seriously, how the fuck did this happen...

My depression is starting to act up, but it's manageable...for the moment....I just wanna say....if I don't make past tomorrow, I want you to know....I had fun being around you guys....and I hope all of you make it through....and I hope I can make it through...

I hear fireworks......it sickens me....

I've never felt this much grief in my life......and I'm worried about all my other, LGBTQ friends and furry friends around me....fuck anyone affected by this .......this is not going to end well...

I feel really weak....I'm gonna lie down now.

Jinsai
11-09-2016, 02:45 AM
oh my god, this can't be happening....

themethatyouknow
11-09-2016, 02:53 AM

Don't need to go back nearly that far for 3 TERMS. Reagan Reagan Bush.

onthewall2983
11-09-2016, 02:55 AM
His acceptance speech is not bad

neorev
11-09-2016, 02:59 AM

I begrudgingly have to agree. I hope this is the real Trump we're seeing.

Presideo
11-09-2016, 03:08 AM

He rambled about Secretariat's bust while a bunch of blonde, blue-eyed, surgically-enhanced women smiled like dolls in the background. But I guess it could have been worse.

cashpiles (closed)
11-09-2016, 03:08 AM
Wow. As he began the procession to the stage with his family I started laughing uncontrollably and crying. This is the weirdest shit ever. I hope he does a great job.

Pence really doesn't match him though... very awkward.

Mantra
11-09-2016, 03:09 AM

Really? What did I miss? I tuned in when he was saying how "tremendous" Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie have been and I wanted to vomit, so I turned it back off.

elevenism
11-09-2016, 03:11 AM
I begrudgingly have to agree. I hope this is the real Trump we're seeing.
i think it just might be.
This speech was definitely a step in the right direction. His pledge to work for all americans, to begin to heal the wounds of division, his gratitude to Clinton-these things give me hope.

Sutekh
11-09-2016, 03:12 AM
You've got to think about why this has happened and be brutally honest with yourselves. And you need to organise like crazy

liquidcalm
11-09-2016, 03:19 AM
i think it just might be.
This speech was definitely a step in the right direction. His pledge to work for all americans, to begin to heal the wounds of division, his gratitude to Clinton-these things give me hope.
Hello! Cynical Brit here. We had EXACTLY the same 'oh heal the wounds of the 48%-52% split' directly after our little vote. It's been fucking downhill from there.

Harry Seaward
11-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Wow. As he began the procession to the stage with his family I started laughing uncontrollably and crying.

I only cried. For the first time in months.

elevenism
11-09-2016, 03:21 AM
Hello! Cynical Brit here. We had EXACTLY the same 'oh heal the wounds of the 48%-52% split' directly after our little vote. It's been fucking downhill from there.
lolol

I have to have hope. And as some of you might remember, i have long said that i wanted massive change in washington, whether it came from the left or the right. I guess i got my wish. Full disclosure, i'm pretty much a socialist.
But i have to have hope.

And let's all remember, Trump's only been a republican for 4 years.

Mantra
11-09-2016, 03:23 AM
I think I'm kind of numb to it all right now. The real misery will sink in throughout the coming months as the fucking shitshow unrolls before us. Tonight it still doesn't even feel completely real.

Rubeninphoenix
11-09-2016, 03:32 AM
The fact that my community (I'm talking the Hispanic/Latino community) rose up and mobilized like never before to get rid of one Sheriff Joe Arpaio should make me feel happy but alas, I cannot because while locally we've gotten rid of Arpaio, the country just gave itself the national version of Arpaio. I hope Trump didn't just talk bs in his speech and actually will try to mend the divide that has formed in this country.

Sutekh
11-09-2016, 03:37 AM
lolol

I have to have hope. And as some of you might remember, i have long said that i wanted massive change in washington, whether it came from the left or the right. I guess i got my wish. Full disclosure, i'm pretty much a socialist.
But i have to have hope.

And let's all remember, Trump's only been a republican for 4 years.

A socialist remaining sanguine about this... I doff my cap to your obviously considerable reserves of inner calm!

Ryan
11-09-2016, 03:39 AM
I wonder how long before the first assassination attempt?

sick among the pure
11-09-2016, 03:43 AM
I wonder how long before the first assassination attempt?
My fiance and I have actually been wondering if, no matter who won, how long it would take before someone tried.

baudolino
11-09-2016, 03:56 AM
dear spin doctors: http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

cynicmuse
11-09-2016, 04:27 AM
Any bets on the cabinet? It will be interesting to see if the never Trump wing of the Republican party gets on the Trump train now... a fair number of the Republican with national security experience were not fans.

This is an interesting postmortem on the media's coverage of Trump and Clinton from NYT (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/arts/television/after-this-election-can-the-media-recover.html); they essentially treated Clinton with the scrutiny appropriate for a presidential candidate while treating Trump as an entertainment sideshow/ratings bonanza.

On the bright side, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio won't be running for president for at least another eight years.

themethatyouknow
11-09-2016, 04:36 AM
The fact that my community (I'm talking the Hispanic/Latino community) rose up and mobilized like never before to get rid of one Sheriff Joe Arpaio should make me feel happy but alas, I cannot because while locally we've gotten rid of Arpaio, the country just gave itself the national version of Arpaio. I hope Trump didn't just talk bs in his speech and actually will try to mend the divide that has formed in this country.

Yeah that was a little bit of consolation.But don't be surprised if that sadistic lunatic ends up on Trump's cabinet. If you think about it, he fits right in.

icklekitty
11-09-2016, 04:44 AM
In before overuse of the words "fear" "terrified" and "afraid". Don't do that, it's what they want and how they win. Be angry and fight. Turn that pussy into a cunt. If the women he raped can do it, so can you.

Baphomette
11-09-2016, 05:15 AM
The fact that my community (I'm talking the Hispanic/Latino community) rose up and mobilized like never before to get rid of one Sheriff Joe Arpaio should make me feel happy but alas, I cannot because while locally we've gotten rid of Arpaio, the country just gave itself the national version of Arpaio.Too bad the Cubans fucked us in Florida.

themethatyouknow
11-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Yup. I mean, a speech is a speech. Actions are what matter. So time will tell, but that speech will tell a lot of people that he might not actually be as horrible as they imagine.

It happens every election. Obama was the antichrist too. It never pans out. The hyperbolic response is always so weird to me. Both candidates are close to 180deg away from what I want. The R and D are only like 5deg in separation from my perspective. And they always seem to view each other as the worst possible thing in the world. IMO, it's the campaigns setting that rhetoric as a way to drive voter participation. But it's so goddamned toxic. And after looking at /r/suicidewatch.... Jesus Christ just... No.

Wow, I leave this board for 3 years, come back and this piece of shit is still trolling??? Maybe we deserve this... maybe we should have cleaned house as soon as this shit cropped up.

Sallos
11-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Good morning USA, i got a feeling that its gonna be a wonderful day...

Exocet
11-09-2016, 06:53 AM
Im certain far right populist insurgent Marine Le Pen will win the French election next year.
Trumps win is going to has massive global ramifications...

It will severely effect the European Union.....its a massive boost for the Right Wing nationalist groups seeking to leave the union, sounds fucked up but is probably the best news possible for post Brexit Britain..

Sallos
11-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Im certain far right populist insurgent Marine Le Pen will win the French election next year.

It will severely effect the European Union.....its a massive boost for the Right Wing nationalist groups seeking to leave the union, sounds fucked up but is probably the best news possible for post Brexit Britain..

Well the UE has proven to be an anti democratic union in the last couple of years, bent on subjugation between nations rather than cooperation. The European dream, might be dead, and it was the europeans that killed it, not Trump, though a Trump victory does bring a whole new momentum to anti EU establishment, which by the way, is not only coming from the right but also left, though the right has been more vocal about it.

Deepvoid
11-09-2016, 07:06 AM
So... forward looking. When do the Trump voters learn that they were sold something very different than they thought they were buying? What's going to be the first big example of this?

When he decides he won't go after Hillary Clinton or her foundation.
When he doesn't build his wall.

@allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) is right. People don't realized the meaning of such a massive turnout for Trump. The US just showed its true color. You're gonna have a conservative SCOTUS for YEARS to come.
I read that Trump got HUGE numbers with the white evangelicals. The religious right is gonna make up some grounds they lost during the Obama years.

hellospaceboy
11-09-2016, 07:14 AM

While it's true that Berine didn't have quite the luggage, don't forget that the republican smear-machine NEVER went after him! They would've preferred him over Hillary, but I'm sure if he got the nomination something would've come up. Communist, for one, but other manufactured shit too, like how so many of the Hillary scandals were manufactured.

hellospaceboy
11-09-2016, 07:23 AM
That would be dope. I hope he grabs the Republican Party by the pussy and powerbombs it, then rips his dress shirt off revealing a glorious donkey shirt underneath.

I love this post! :) And yes, that would be dope indeed!

Dra508
11-09-2016, 07:30 AM
When he decides he won't go after Hillary Clinton or her foundation.
When he doesn't build his wall.

@allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) is right. People don't realized the meaning of such a massive turnout for Trump. The US just showed its true color. You're gonna have a conservative SCOTUS for YEARS to come.
I read that Trump got HUGE numbers with the white evangelicals. The religious right is gonna make up some grounds they lost during the Obama years.

I dunno. I'm thinking Trump isn't going to DO much. This guy wanted to win because it was a shiny object that was there. He got no altruism, none, zip. If I think back at all the presidents I've lived through, they had some sort of compassion. Saying "tremendous" isn't that. Clearly, there are a lot of folks who are "hoping" that Trump will make America great again, but be disappointed. What is great? I think that is a deeply personal question. So many people have a different definition, he can't possibly make them all happy.

I don't think Trump gets a 100 day honeymoon and that will actually be his own doing.

I think the Democratic Party should do what we all expected the Republican Party would have to do- sort their shit out.

My hope is that this motivates a bunch of us to be involved, fight for something, support a cause, protect and preserve something that is important to you or your people, recognize that you can be part of this country.

Volband
11-09-2016, 07:44 AM
I pretty much laughed at both candidates, but God, if I had to watch shady Hillary's smug smile for 4 years... brr. It was so repelling how much shit Trump got, when Hillary was just as big of a demon. As someone, who had no interest in either of them winning, the shameless pro-Hillary people would've surely driven me to vote for Trump.

Was it really that hard for the Democrats to find another candidate like Obama? The guy is charismatic, he seems extremely genuine (take notes, Hillary), and he would not sit in a prison if not for his political status. I felt bad for everyone having to support that hag, just because Trump was still a worse option for them.

At least hopefully America learned its lesson and 4 years from now they will triple-check who they want to be nominated as president.

Khrz
11-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Im certain far right populist insurgent Marine Le Pen will win the French election next year..

Well if the Americans couldn't elect a woman president, we now have to ! /s

Bachy
11-09-2016, 08:16 AM
The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy.

Swykk
11-09-2016, 08:23 AM
I'm awake mostly and at work. My entire body hurts. My joints. My bones. My stomach. My head. I'm mos def on auto pilot. Trying to make sense of what happened. Please forgive me if this isn't my best most clear writing.

This is the most scared I've been in a long time. They have Congress. A truly awful dimwit is president.
How did this happen? Well...

There was a silent majority that developed over the last four years...filled with our uneducated and hateful.

You can't blame Gary Johnson. He theoretically took votes from Trump. Jill Stein barely made a splash, so no, it's not on her either.

The DNC? They should probably harbor some of the accountability. They operated unethically to push through a bad candidate. However, HRC still defeated Bernie Sanders (my choice) in the popular vote, delegate shenanigans aside. They probably don't deserve the large percentage I would want to put on them, slimy and gross as they are.

As good of a premise as it was, some of this probably lands on Obamacare too. When really, it's insurance companies that crashed and burned it, these Trump people see it as the black guy's failure.

It had to be white women that supported Trump more than expected. And that's truly sad given his history of how he treats women. I guess some don't think they deserve to be treated equally and with respect? I'm going to also say these supporters were mostly older but it couldn't have been ALL old white women. Sexism and misogyny are alive and well, just like racism, if you weren't aware. I just do not buy that minorities voted for Trump. It'll be interesting to see stats on this.

I really feel for my friends who are parents. Especially if you have daughters. I don't know how you explain this to your children.

Somewhere in DC, Joe Biden is taking all of this really hard. He knows that he would've routed Trump.

It's going to be a long sad scary four years. I've been fighting something my entire life. No matter how beat down I was, and I have been, trust me, the fire inside of me always kept me going.
It's out. I hope that's temporary but if it took until age 37 to break me, I guess I held on for a long time.
Cue the Broken Matt Hardy jokes if you need to, but this isn't funny.

Sutekh
11-09-2016, 08:23 AM

I'm putting money on it, seriously. I toyed with betting on brexit and trump to take the sting out of it. Lesson learned, putting 200 on marine asap

Substance242
11-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Dave Barry about foreign policy:

The president (Ronald Reagan), apparently, was so totally unaware of where his foreign policy was that he had to appoint a distinguished commission to help him locate it, and when the commissioners called him in to testify, he told them, essentially, that he couldn’t remember what it looked like. Now, if Richard Nixon had claimed something like that you would at least have had the comfort of knowing he was lying. You could trust Nixon that way. But with this president, you have this nagging feeling that he’s telling the truth.

implanted_microchip
11-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Hey guys remember when Gary Johnson lost his shit at someone suggesting he was another Ralph Nader election spoiler

Remember that

Remember all the whiney idiots that insisted third party wouldn't be a vote for Trump

Remember those guys

Haha

Glad they were are right about that one, right

Right

Fuck. I'm out

Mantra
11-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Hey guys remember when Gary Johnson lost his shit at someone suggesting he was another Ralph Nader election spoiler

I hate Johnson, but you can't blame him for this. He pulled out a bunch of would-be Republican votes.

Timinator
11-09-2016, 09:25 AM
I hate Johnson, but you can't blame him for this. He pulled out a bunch of would-be Republican votes.
That's probably true. The detailed analysis will have to be done, but it's unlikely that Johnson claimed a bunch of otherwise-Clinton voters in districts and states that were close. The latest numbers show that Clinton (just) won the popular vote, so you can't blame the percentage of Johnson voters; it matters where in the colleges they were.

allegro
11-09-2016, 09:53 AM
I dunno, this seems kinda paranoid but maybe they're right:

https://twitter.com/jonrog1/status/796217343311417344

(He later corrected it to VPN)

botley
11-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Solutions Backwards Initiative

cahernandez
11-09-2016, 10:13 AM
I think this song is so fitting for today's news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khTw53g5Xmk

allegro
11-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Was it really that hard for the Democrats to find another candidate like Obama?
The Dems don't really go searching for candidates; it's on a volunteer basis. Sometimes we get good volunteers, sometimes we get total duds.

Like John Kerry. He was the personification of Dud.

Al Gore was pretty much a dud, too.

And Clinton was the Titanic of Baggage (of her own creation) plus she just wasn't the right "female" yet. Obviously, she ended up being a dud. Twice.

JFK was the antithesis of dud. Even lots of Republicans begrudgingly liked him.

And Bernie wasn't a Democrat, so the DNC was never going to support him, and a bunch of hardline Dems either thought he was an outsider or thought he was a Commie.

People like Elizabeth Warren who are really popular with voters, they have to volunteer to do this. The DNC can't recruit them, can't make them run. (Although, Obama initially did NOT want to run but was talked into it by several people)

Pretty much IDIOTS decide to do this when you think about it. They go in looking young, they come out really old with gray hair and a heart condition.

http://img.wennermedia.com/480-width/barack-obama-510f2157-34a3-4eeb-9cee-ee11201adffc.jpg

Khrz
11-09-2016, 11:15 AM
I dunno, this seems kinda paranoid but maybe they're right:

https://twitter.com/jonrog1/status/796217343311417344

(He later corrected it to VPN)

Well he doesn't take kindly to contradiction, so now that he can pretty much order whatever surveillance he wants...

cashpiles (closed)
11-09-2016, 11:27 AM
I read this morning that it was mostly those who didn't have a college education who voted for Trump. Well, good for them. They are a huge voice and they were forgotten by everyone except Trump. Trump represents the workers...the people who build your country with their hands. The blood, sweat and tears of your country.

Aladdinsanity
11-09-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm actually sort of scared to death for some of my friends and family in Standing Rock. Trump's rhetoric emboldened some of latent racist white population in ND and that's how they wound up standing off with militarized police. Now I feel like they might just straight start shooting people? I hope that's just me talking crazy.

Aladdinsanity
11-09-2016, 11:47 AM
I read this morning that it was mostly those who didn't have a college education who voted for Trump. Well, good for them. They are a huge voice and they were forgotten by everyone except Trump. Trump represents the workers...the people who build your country with their hands. The blood, sweat and tears of your country.
Tell that to all the blue-collar minorities and the immigrants he's about to kick out you fucking dolt.

WorzelG
11-09-2016, 11:50 AM
The Dems don't really go searching for candidates; it's on a volunteer basis. Sometimes we get good volunteers, sometimes we get total duds.

And Clinton was the Titanic of Baggage (of her own creation) plus she just wasn't the right "female" yet. Obviously, she ended up being a dud. Twice.

And Bernie wasn't a Democrat, so the DNC was never going to support him, and a bunch of hardline Dems either thought he was an outsider or thought he was a Commie.

People like Elizabeth Warren who are really popular with voters, they have to volunteer to do this. The DNC can't recruit them, can't make them run. (Although, Obama initially did NOT want to run but was talked into it by several people)

Pretty much IDIOTS decide to do this when you think about it. They go in looking young, they come out really old with gray hair and a heart condition.

http://img.wennermedia.com/480-width/barack-obama-510f2157-34a3-4eeb-9cee-ee11201adffc.jpg

Unless you're George W Bush, it didn't seem to age him at all. I reckon he had a Dorien Gray style painting in his basement twisted with the evil of the Iraq war

Presideo
11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Trump represents the workers...the people who build your country with their hands. The blood, sweat and tears of your country.
Yes, the Chinese workers who build our overpriced iPhones and cheap Wal-Mart lawn furniture will be well-represented by Trump.

The workers who actually build and/or maintain things in America are Mexican immigrants who get paid horrible wages and will now be in constant fear for themselves and their families. The uneducated masses that voted for Trump are white guy's living in one-horse towns complaining that "THE MEXICANS TOOK OUR JOBS", knowing full well that they don't want a job digging ditches for less than minimum wage, and are too ignorant to advance their lives through education. Trump won't help these people because only they can help themselves.

miss k bee
11-09-2016, 12:16 PM
I still can't ..wtf I only had 4 hours sleep could not get back to sleep when I heard

Vertigo
11-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Looking at Trump's business practices, he more represents the spoiled heir who tanks the company, misappropriates funds and fires the workers. He's the asshole boss who screws you over - he's Vince McMahon, but there aren't enough Stone Colds in the votership apparently.

Volband
11-09-2016, 12:37 PM

Hm, interesting. Here we kinda have power-leaders; every party has its leader and when election comes, they compete, and their party acts like chess pieces to them. You could never see something like Sanders vs. Hillary, and especially not what the Republicans did, trying to sabotage Trump AFTER he was already the Republican nominee, like holy hell, you would find yourself homeless if you'd do it here. Power struggles within a party are always happening behind closed doors.

Anyway, how reasonable it is that Trump could hammer through changes like prohibiting abortion in the whole country? Because, you see, my opinion on Trumps misoginy is that it won't necessarily impact his politics. Basically what I'm saying is not respecting women because you are a spoiled multi-billionare does not necessarily mean he is going to make a bunch of new laws just to hurt women.

It also says a lot about Hillary, that the grab that pussy fiasco did not instantly made her into a clear winner. Like, how shitty of a politician/person you have to be, that there are still women who rather vote for a misogynist asshole, than for the potential first female president of the USA, who - to my knowledge - campaigned a lot about women's right too.

And back to Obama: that guy seemed legit as fuck. He might've been a terrible president, I have no idea, the whole US politics and healthcare drama are beyond me, but whenever I heard and saw him talk, he grabbed my attention and came across as someone who knows his shit. Trump had his own charisma too, albeit the violent vibes were surely a bit of a turn off. And Hillary? She was like... nothing. She felt forced and nervous.

Sutekh
11-09-2016, 12:39 PM
It's odd how I can really only see one vaguely pro trump comment in this thread... is attitude to economic policy and immigration tied in with taste in music...? How does that work

fillow
11-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Would people vote for Obama again, if he was to run again (hypothetically)?
(I know he can't legally, but what if)

Khrz
11-09-2016, 12:54 PM

No, the working class saw itself in what Trump said, which is very, very different. Trump doesn't represent the working class at all, he's simply been voicing the same populist rhetoric they wanted to hear.
He didn't tell them "you're too drunk to drive, I'm driving you home", he poured them another one and told the barman to go fuck himself.

Which indeed is what they wanted, not sure that's what they needed.

Khrz
11-09-2016, 12:58 PM
duh

and WHY? Because of all the shit Dems let Obama continue to grow for the last 8 years. Think they will use the next 3 months to get him to dismantle any of that? Some of it can be turned off with nothing more than a POTUS signature. My bets are on NOPE.

Blame it on the dems all you want, no one in power will dismantle an apparatus that gives them more power, left or right. Obama turning cyber intelligence into a weapon was a matter of timing, not politics. Dem or Lib, it would have been the same. Everyone wants a bigger stick, everyone wants more nails in it.

DVYDRNS
11-09-2016, 01:28 PM
<strong>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPWpBxl_Ifo

Never has Jello Biafra been more accurate

I pledge defiance to the flag of the United Snakes of Captivity

And to the Republic for which it stands, I dip it in kerosene, and stick it up the ass of you know whoand light it

One nation, under God--or else

One nation, under psychopath Pentagon gangsters, whose idea of democracy is concentration camps for the people who go and use the drugs that the government supplies themselves

One nation, under Wall Street:

If the cops and the President are all criminals, I might as well be one too, ha ha!
One Nation of tabloid robots who actually believe what they see on tv, but when ask about it say “I don’t care.”

One nation, drowning in its own garbage

Indivisible from the from the fall of Rome

With liberty and justice for all who can afford it

Burn, Baby, Burn

Old Glory

The Yankee Swastika

Burn, Baby, Burn

Burn, Baby, Burn

Whenever I see you I see red

Whenever I see you I see red

If the Communists can do it, why can’t we

Throw the bastards out and try some real Democracy

Not by rich people

Not by Army people

Not by sons of senators sons of senators sons of senators sons

After all, have you noticed

The more they dole out Democracy over there

The more they take it away over here

Now, before it’s too late

Be a good boyscout

Take the Swastika

The Yankee Swastika

and let it

Burn

Burn

Burn, baby Burn.

slave2thewage
11-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Loving the shade the President of Ireland threw during his comment to the press:

'“I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to comment on statements made during what was a particularly not-very-policy-oriented campaign in some respects but of course as President of Ireland I would be conveying the best wishes to the American people for the new president and the period of presidency,” Mr Higgins said.'

theruiner
11-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Pence has come out and said blatantly that they are going to turn back the clock on LGBT rights.

But tell me again how nothing will really change and there's really nothing to worry about.

Mantra
11-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Is Trump still gonna tweet like a madman when he's president? Isn't there some kind of thing where they have to hand over their cell phones or something?

The world just won't feel the same without Trump's psychotic tweets.

Substance242
11-09-2016, 02:20 PM
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mQn9aTykCX8/WCLYD5u_OtI/AAAAAAADowU/oFJ-Sf2Nndc-IyqLLjPTssYScwPVaDSrwCLcB/s400/16%2B-%2B1.jpg

DVYDRNS
11-09-2016, 02:37 PM
I dislike Donald Trump immensely.

I consistently see derogatory remarks on his physical appearance tho.

Explain to me how does someone's physical appearance have anything to do with their ability to do their job.

I don't care if you're black, white, orange, or purple. that should have no weight in this current discussion.

neorev
11-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Props to Johnson for taking what would have been Trump voters and making this an even less embarrassing disaster for the Dems.

elevenism
11-09-2016, 03:00 PM
A socialist remaining sanguine about this... I doff my cap to your obviously considerable reserves of inner calm!
Thank you, sir.
I take a lot of xanax :P

elevenism
11-09-2016, 03:02 PM
No, the working class saw itself in what Trump said, which is very, very different. Trump doesn't represent the working class at all, he's simply been voicing the same populist rhetoric they wanted to hear.
He didn't tell them "you're too drunk to drive, I'm driving you home", he poured them another one and told the barman to go fuck himself.

Which indeed is what they wanted, not sure that's what they needed.
This is fucking awesome

cashpiles (closed)
11-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Something else... You hate republicans? Remember that Trump is a political outsider. He isn't a professional politician. I think he's going to shake things up. Obama couldn't, because he is a democrat. But Trump is on the inside and he is the leader of their party now. He will change the course of the republicans.

and Trump is a grandfather figure and I really believe he will be a good grandpa for us.

and the election has always been a popularity contest. whoever is the most charismatic wins. Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Obama, Trump. it's no surprise to me. Hillary has zero charisma.

Khrz
11-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Is Trump still gonna tweet like a madman when he's president? Isn't there some kind of thing where they have to hand over their cell phones or something?

The world just won't feel the same without Trump's psychotic tweets.

#POTUS, BITCH \m/

sick among the pure
11-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Something else... You hate republicans?

No, we hate the republican party's platform of "You're not a white straight man? Fuck you, then."

cashpiles (closed)
11-09-2016, 03:26 PM
what's this "us" shit? YOU LIVE IN CANADA!!

For the world... USA is still the superpower

thevoid99
11-09-2016, 03:35 PM
So they have Green Cards? Trump has never said that he wants to deport people here legally (people with Green Cards). He only said he wants to deport 'criminals' etc. which is what Obama has done by the millions for the last 8 years so nothing will change.

So you mean African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and Muslims who are actually innocent as you refer to them as "criminals"?

neorev
11-09-2016, 03:53 PM
These are dark times, folks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc2TSkNP2gE

tony.parente
11-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting Dow to surge so high. (http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/09/investing/dow-jones-trump-wins-election/)

onthewall2983
11-09-2016, 04:38 PM
allegro: Minnesota also went blue.

telee.kom
11-09-2016, 04:39 PM
For all his faults, Obama was great representative to USA. I'm going to miss him.

I'm curious, maybe even little bit excited about Trump. I'm curious what is this guy all about, because during the campaign, most of it was obviously just a facade, he was saying shit to get elected. Now you get to see what was real and what was not. I'm willing to bet he won't be such a disaster as lot of people think. I think he will be incompetent, but far from the anti-christ media painted him to be. Anyway, give him a chance to prove himself. One way or another.

tony.parente
11-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Me neither, I thought the "uncertainty" period would last a few weeks.

I'M SO GLAD! This friggin' election has been KILLING the real estate market, it's been fucking slow around here GAHHHHHHHHHH.
I wanna see what this guy can do. I really hope he knocks it out of the park, I mean we're stuck with him for 4 years at least so we might as well root for him the best we can. Maybe this is a sign of things to come?

Louie_Cypher
11-09-2016, 05:07 PM
all i've been thinking all day is, millions of dumbfounded dip-shits.
-louie

Mantra
11-09-2016, 05:09 PM
So Hillary actually did win the popular vote but lost because of the electoral college. Have we talked about this bullshit yet?

Exocet
11-09-2016, 05:18 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/white-voters-victory-donald-trump-exit-polls

That racial divide though.

Dryalex12
11-09-2016, 05:19 PM
im still alive....i havnt died yet...

btw...please stay away from twitter...its just a sea of hopelessness right now

Piko
11-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Facebook is pretty bad as well. I'm iffy on the whole electoral vs popular vote thing. They chose him. Probably will regret it. That's the bed they made for us. Now we have to lay in it for the next four years. Going to be a very interesting inauguration.

Hopefully the dems can rebuild and fix their problems in the next four years. They have a lot to work on...

Piko
11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
I don't see it getting fixed at all. It's a very weird and unreliable way, imo. I just find it baffling how you can win the popular vote and lose the whole thing. Way it is. I don't like it though.

Sutekh
11-09-2016, 06:12 PM
ETS bringing the rational thoughts. Nice.

My work on the other hand... People were literally crying this morning. Many were unable to sleep all night. Complete emotional train wrecks. Some of them saying how "they didn't expect the votes to give them the courts too" and "trump's VP, Koch, is..." and shit like that. Absolutely partisan dipshits. These are Ivy League grads. It's ironic that the most educated seem to be those who are from other countries and are unable to vote.

Downtown SF never disappoints with the cartoonish progressives that right wingers talk about.

You're talking as if they're hysterical and worried over nothing. To be fair if you are lbgt, believe in climate change, believe socialised healthcare will save thousands of lives etc, this is actually pretty bad news

Exocet
11-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Okay we had the black man EXPERIMENT we were a a White Country aftereall...

Sutekh
11-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Interesting! And I thought UK democracy was stagnant

WorzelG
11-09-2016, 07:01 PM
So how can people change Congress then if that's where all the power is? It seems like the presidency is a sideshow to dupe people into not voting where they can actually effect change.

Louie_Cypher
11-09-2016, 07:22 PM
i feel this disater is due to america's steady force fed. diet of reality TV
-louie... now back to listening to RATM.
-louie...

Baphomette
11-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Pence has come out and said blatantly that they are going to turn back the clock on LGBT rights.

But tell me again how nothing will really change and there's really nothing to worry about.There, there... Let the straight white people continue their attempts to minimize the damage done last night since they know our realities better than we do.

theruiner
11-09-2016, 08:14 PM
I don't think they can overturn Roe v. Wade. And I doubt that gay marriage is going to be overturned. But they can hurt people in a lot of other ways. Pence already came out and said they're going to work on repealing any federal protections for LGBT people. He's also made rumblings about making sure there are no federal protections for trans people as far as bathrooms go. And if I'm not remembering wrong, I believe there are some protections for trans people in the ACA, that insurance companies have to cover trans procedures (though maybe I'm remembering wrong). If the ACA goes so goes that, too.

There's plenty they can do. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I have no idea what else they have up their sleeve but none of it is good.

Dra508
11-09-2016, 08:44 PM
http://slate.me/2fTkFXF
Oh Lordy, Palin in the cabinet?

Imma going to start popping corn for when I watch that confirmation hearing. [emoji23]

Swykk
11-09-2016, 08:50 PM
I feel like this thread should go away until January. I definitely need a break.

Thanks to just about everyone (not you Sallos or telee kom) that I interacted with in this thread, whether we agreed or not.

To clarify--I am not taking a break from ETS, just this thread.

sick among the pure
11-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Suddenly, you put a Republican in the President chair (who doesn't write laws, Congress does) and this makes things "worse?"

Yes, things will be worse. We had at least one branch of the government who (eventually) did care about us, and did fight for us. He was a voice for us in the government. Nobody believed he could do it all, just as nobody believed Bernie or Hillary could do it all and work miracles and suddenly we would be happy. But WE HAD SOMEONE WHO CARED. Now, instead of someone who is just "meh" about us, we have someone who will actively try to take back the progress we have made in regards to laws. We have all 3 branches against us. We don't have someone on our side.
Sure, we have a few representatives here and there who care, but no INDIVIDUAL commands an entire branch of the federal government with our safety and lives in mind now.

Downplay the President and VP's power as much as you want, losing an ali, a voice to hold out while ours are snuffed out, that IS a big fucking deal to us. And how dare you mock our concern because you don't think THE SIMPLE IDEA OF THEIR VOICE BEING GIVEN THAT MUCH POWER AND INFLUENCE OVER THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY ISN'T FUCKING "worse".

cynicmuse
11-09-2016, 09:12 PM
http://slate.me/2fTkFXF
Oh Lordy, Palin in the cabinet?

Imma going to start popping corn for when I watch that confirmation hearing. [emoji23]

She fits right in with the rest of the potential cabinet (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/us/politics/donald-trump-election-reaction.html), including Rudy Guiliani, Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich, and Sen. Jeff Sessions. I'd assume that Dr. Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee will be involved as well.

Dryalex12
11-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Trump and Pence have both said shit about overturning Roe v Wade and my uterus isn't quivering. It AIN'T HAPPENING. That's just a bunch of empty rhetoric to turn on the pro-life Evangelicals but it ain't ever fucking happening.

https://twitter.com/MadMareCreation/status/796485211768885249

Mantra
11-09-2016, 09:47 PM
ETS bringing the rational thoughts. Nice.

My work on the other hand... People were literally crying this morning. Many were unable to sleep all night. Complete emotional train wrecks. Some of them saying how "they didn't expect the votes to give them the courts too" and "trump's VP, Koch, is..." and shit like that. Absolutely partisan dipshits. These are Ivy League grads. It's ironic that the most educated seem to be those who are from other countries and are unable to vote.

Downtown SF never disappoints with the cartoonish progressives that right wingers talk about.

I don't think there's anything ridiculous about people crying. This isn't the same as right wingers overreacting about Obama, because 95% of their fears were pulled out of thin air. But people who are scared of Trump are going off real things that he has actually said. I talked to a Muslim student at my school for a pretty long time earlier, and he cried a lot. I don't think its right to criticize people for feeling emotional about this stuff. Politics is serious business, and Trump has said some heinous shit.

That said, I've also felt slightly annoyed with people who criticize others just for trying to make some jokes or for trying to scrape together some small bits of optimism, implying that they don't care or whatever. Everyone has different ways of dealing with shit.

In general, I wish people were a little easier about giving each other the benefit of the doubt, especially right now. Today was fucking depressing enough, no reason to make it worse by jabbing at each other.

thevoid99
11-09-2016, 09:48 PM
For all of those devastated by last night's horrible results....

https://vimeo.com/182192982

sick among the pure
11-09-2016, 10:15 PM
People were literally crying this morning. Many were unable to sleep all night. Complete emotional train wrecks.

Maybe because people are already being threatened by Trump supporters because their thoughts have been validated. Maybe because this sets a terrifying precedent for racists, xenophobes, homophobes, transphobes, and perpetrators of sexual assault. Maybe because the people who are directly affected by this election in a terrible negative way happen to have emotions.

Sarah K
11-09-2016, 10:35 PM
I think it is often forgotten how easy it is to find loopholes. See: TRAP laws that have devastated abortion access, "bathroom" laws to take away trans rights, voter ID laws to diminish the non-white vote, etc.

Mantra
11-09-2016, 11:23 PM
As allegro pointed out, the statements do not have a legal pathway to delivery at the levels people are claiming. It's this lack of understanding of our political system (from a bunch of Ivy League people), to the point of crying, that is ridiculous to me

Sure, but there's more to consider besides the question of whether Trump's plans are legally or constitutionally possible. There's the fact that, legal or not, his message resonated with millions of people. So for example, even if the wall becomes a legal/financial/practical impossibility, that doesn't mean that immigrants can just laugh the whole thing off now. Trump campaigned on it and America fucking endorsed it last night. That says something about the people around us and how they think of immigrants, and it's not good. So even without legal pathways, there are legit reasons for crying and feeling scared.

Dr Channard
11-09-2016, 11:56 PM
Whoa, Donald won the presidential election? What? How? What happened? Wasn’t Clinton supposedly going to run away with it?

Well in light of this disconcerting news my evening will be spent in my chair, with all the lights out, and a pink floyd album playing in the background while I drink cheap whisky directly from the bottle.

But first, I’ll take a guess at this,

So... forward looking. When do the Trump voters learn that they were sold something very different than they thought they were buying? What's going to be the first big example of this?

1) When Trump doesn’t assemble a hotshot team of investigators to go after Clinton.

2) When they realize she will never spend any time in prison.

3) When it becomes clear that Trump can’t strong-arm Mexico, or other countries, into doing what he wants.

4) When the wall doesn’t happen and global immigration continues.

5) When the great manufacturing jobs don’t come roaring back to America.

6) When no middle class workingman renaissance happens, yet “the establishment” rolls merrily along (rich getting richer and the poor get poorer).

7) When the ACA isn’t repealed, but retooled a little and rebranded Trumpcare.

8) “Another radical Islamic attack, this time in Pakistan, targeting Christian women & children. At least 67 dead,400 injured. I alone can solve.”

.. yeah... no.

9) And most egregious, when the time for comes for Trump to push the big red nuke button, but he doesn’t first scowl into the camera and say, “You’re fired!”

Baphomette
11-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Completely ridiculous statement.Thank you for validating my statement. I expected nothing less from you.

Volband
11-10-2016, 12:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFO8LKtjak8

Not cool.

Jinsai
11-10-2016, 03:01 AM
well, the video has been removed... what was it?

Frozen Beach
11-10-2016, 03:15 AM
well, the video has been removed... what was it?
https://twitter.com/MiddleOfMayhem/status/796545047915331586

Jinsai
11-10-2016, 03:18 AM
oh fuck for fuck's sake...

Humanity loses.

Deepvoid
11-10-2016, 07:07 AM
As I was saying to a buddy of mine and shortly after, saw that Glenn Greenwald was sharing the same concern ...
What if there's another 9/11-type event. How will Trump react?

Of all the concerns, this is close to the top of the list for me.
Glenn Greenwald added,
Murtaza Hussain @MazMHussain
@jamiekilstein yeah it's very scary. Also his reaction to next terrorist attack/attempt will be scary

aggroculture
11-10-2016, 07:13 AM
When Trump's base realizes he can't give them what he promised, what will happen? Nothing. Nothing will happen. They will vote for him again like they voted for GWB again.

What bothers me so much is that almost 50% of US citizens didn't vote. Half, or almost half of these non-voters are women? 75% of US women chose that abortion rights are not that big of a deal to them? 25% of the country voted for Trump...he lost the popular vote. And we get to live under hard right policies moving forward because of that? And this is democracy? Come the fuck on.

At this point I can't think of much beyond the job that keeps my family here...I don't want to live in Trump's USA, so over the coming days, weeks, months am going to be giving some hard thought about moving elsewhere. This is bullshit.

orestes
11-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Consider the reason why almost 50% didn't vote: the lack of federal oversight of the VRA. There are numerous examples of voter suppression in precincts with a majority POC population, so you can't just chalk it up to voter apathy.

Deepvoid
11-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Just in case you're starting to get over the results. Try not to smash your computer screen while listening to Michele Bachmann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbBhBkZAmFQ

Deepvoid
11-10-2016, 09:12 AM
When Trump's base realizes he can't give them what he promised, what will happen? Nothing. Nothing will happen. They will vote for him again like they voted for GWB again.

What bothers me so much is that almost 50% of US citizens didn't vote. Half, or almost half of these non-voters are women? 75% of US women chose that abortion rights are not that big of a deal to them? 25% of the country voted for Trump...he lost the popular vote. And we get to live under hard right policies moving forward because of that? And this is democracy? Come the fuck on.

At this point I can't think of much beyond the job that keeps my family here...I don't want to live in Trump's USA, so over the coming days, weeks, months am going to be giving some hard thought about moving elsewhere. This is bullshit.

I hear you but the way your electoral system works, you can't do anything differently.

Here in Canada and in each provinces, we have been debating for quite some time whether to switch from a first past the post to a proportional representation system.
In Quebec, the current elected government is ruling with an absolute majority by only gathering 41% of the votes on a 71% turnout.
It is frustrating.

the duder
11-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I hear you but the way your electoral system works, you can't do anything differently.

Here in Canada and in eachhttp://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/07/26/win-or-loseprovinces, we have been debating for quite some time whether to switch from a first past the post to a proportional representation system.
In Quebec, the current elected government is ruling with an absolute majority by only gathering 41% of the votes on a 71% turnout.
It is frustrating.

Just shared this article (http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/07/26/win-or-lose) from The New Yorker. I wholly agree with you - we need to evaluate the electoral model we currently use.

hellospaceboy
11-10-2016, 10:20 AM
because during the campaign, most of it was obviously just a facade, he was saying shit to get elected. Now you get to see what was real and what was not.

I actually hate that mentality. That was the official republican platform this year: "he will change, and he won't do the things he says he will." What the fuck?! To me, that's wishful thinking, and a best case scenario. Sure, every politician overpromises during a campaign, but this is different. He proposed banning people based on their religion, he promised to put an uber-conservative judge on the supreme court to reverse all of the social strides we made the last 8 years, picked a vice president who believes that if you electrocute gay teens enough you can turn them straight...

So no, I refuse to swipe these under the rug of "he just said whatever it took to get elected". No, this is him, and this is his agenda, and no, we don't need to unite behind him and give him a chance to achieve his goals!

the duder
11-10-2016, 12:11 PM
The author in the article I linked never questioned the brilliance of the founding fathers. Nor was there any rhetoric claiming to abandon the electoral college. The New Yorker article was a review of how certain governments/citizens determined their leaders.

I was simply agreeing with Deepvoid that maybe we should reevaluate our current system and linking to something I had recently read that was topical.

Timinator
11-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Early data suggest a clear majority of white women voted Republican, and supporters say Trump’s offensive remarks didn’t affect their decision. (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/10/white-women-donald-trump-victory)

WorzelG
11-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Just shared this article (http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/07/26/win-or-lose) from The New Yorker. I wholly agree with you - we need to evaluate the electoral model we currently use.

I actually voted to change to proportional representation in Britain in 2011 as mentioned in this article but it never got passed.

neorev
11-10-2016, 12:50 PM
4 reasons why Trump won...

1) our terrible mainstream media
2) the DNC and their terrible decisions
3) the terribly outdated electoral college
4) first time, politically uneducated voter, who wanted their big FU to the terrible establishment

Khrz
11-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Meanwhile a portion of The Donald subreddit is focusing its attention on the Le Pen one, but yeah, no racism in sight, just your regular salt of the hearth.

Bachy
11-10-2016, 02:32 PM
Disgusting (https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656)

marodi
11-10-2016, 02:40 PM

No need to be afraid or to cry, no bigots to see whatsoever. Trump winning won't change anything, right?

I just exercised my ETS given right to use the almighty sarcasm.

thevoid99
11-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Here's something from the Village Voice: http://www.villagevoice.com/news/its-not-going-to-be-okay-9324030?utm_source=Newsletters&utm_medium=email

cashpiles (closed)
11-10-2016, 03:18 PM

Trump better not ignore any illegal harrassment or violence... this is truly disturbing.

However, don't you think these same people would act in the same way if Hillary had won?

I realize there are fence people who are pushed to one side or the other depending on the leader... and that is what's truly unfortunate.

Trump better do something.

I didn't realize that this would happen.

At the same time, SJW bigots were harrassing and acting out in violence against whoever they deemed to be part of the problem...

telee.kom
11-10-2016, 03:24 PM
So no, I refuse to swipe these under the rug of "he just said whatever it took to get elected". No, this is him, and this is his agenda, and no, we don't need to unite behind him and give him a chance to achieve his goals!

My point was you should wait what his actual agenda will be, because nobody really knows right now. I'm not too sure even Trump himself know.

allegro
11-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Here's something from the Village Voice: http://www.villagevoice.com/news/its-not-going-to-be-okay-9324030?utm_source=Newsletters&utm_medium=email

We gotta find a way to make it okay (or livable for 4 years), because he pulled a "checkmate" -- if he gets impeached or assassinated, then it's President Pence, which is even worse.

Timinator
11-10-2016, 03:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1cP3IR_Fo

telee.kom
11-10-2016, 03:59 PM
"As a Democrat, what have I been doing?" she asked. "Who have I not cut off or called out on social media for saying things that might be off-color or not wanted to be mean to somebody because they said something that I didn’t appreciate? This is the moment that people need to remember, that this is what happens when you don’t say: 'That was fuckin’ racist. That was sexist. Rape isn’t funny.' All of those things."

I find this bit from the Village Voice article quite hilarious. If only Trump supporters had just a little bit more liberal friends to show them the right path, to show them the error of their ways. Yeeaaah, sure. Maybe it is the other way around, maybe some Trump voters just got tired of being policed by people with holier than thou attitude. Turns out people don't like being talk to like they are children. What. A. Shocker.

mfte
11-10-2016, 04:55 PM
We gotta find a way to make it okay (or livable for 4 years), because he pulled a "checkmate" -- if he gets impeached or assassinated, then it's President Pence, which is even worse.

"We got it wrong because there are people — white male people, specifically — who had beautiful, lofty, reasons for not voting for Clinton"

Did some pole reveal that white women has a major part in getting this clown elected, and erected?

Is it right to blame misogyny for this? Could we not just as easily say that a major part of why Obama got elected was that he was (and likely still is) black?

Sutekh
11-10-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm a totally unhealthy bastard but a green smoothie would help kidney and liver function, your organs don't do anything by themselves, they need nutrients and a nutrient packed smoothie will assist that

A bit reactionary... interestingly, quackery and reactionaries are basically the two things that keep people believing bullshit, as they're both irrational ways of interpreting reality. Anyway drift. Or is it

allegate
11-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Trump better not ignore any illegal harrassment or violence... this is truly disturbing.

However, don't you think these same people would act in the same way if Hillary had won?

I realize there are fence people who are pushed to one side or the other depending on the leader... and that is what's truly unfortunate.

Trump better do something.

I didn't realize that this would happen.

At the same time, SJW bigots were harrassing and acting out in violence against whoever they deemed to be part of the problem...

Are we seriously still doing the "both sides" argument?

sick among the pure
11-10-2016, 05:27 PM
This narrative about Trump supporters being a bunch of bigots really needs to stop. It's not true for the majority of his supporters. By continuing to repeat it, you are actually overstating the involvement of bigots and giving them more power. Not to mention that this narrative pissed a lot of people off and encouraged them to vote trump.

The numbers behind Trump's win are actually very interesting. I'll try and post a collection of them later.

You know about all of the attacks that have already happened all across the country, right? The make america white again and swastikas being painted everywhere? The people of color, women, LGBT, being verbally and physically attacked being told point-blank that it's ok now because Trump is president?
Or are you being purposely obtuse and blind?

cashpiles (closed)
11-10-2016, 05:39 PM
You know about all of the attacks that have already happened all across the country, right? The make america white again and swastikas being painted everywhere? The people of color, women, LGBT, being verbally and physically attacked being told point-blank that it's ok now because Trump is president?
Or are you being purposely obtuse and blind?

My British friend just told me that after Brexit, race-related hate crimes went up 500 percent. These figures have since dwindled. I think the same will happen in the USA.

thevoid99
11-10-2016, 05:41 PM
What happens if a coup d'etat is staged during the Trump presidency? After all, didn't this country involve itself with some coups in Chile in 1973 and in Iran in 1953?

allegate
11-10-2016, 05:42 PM
My British friend just told me that after Brexit, race-related hate crimes went up 500 percent. These figures have since dwindled. I think the same will happen in the USA.

Oh, well then! Carry on, everyone.

icklekitty
11-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Quote from a South African on twitter:

"it's just like my country but in reverse!"

ziltoid
11-10-2016, 06:23 PM
I'm a totally unhealthy bastard but a green smoothie would help kidney and liver function, your organs don't do anything by themselves, they need nutrients and a nutrient packed smoothie will assist that
This is a hugely incorrect statement. I hope you were being sarcastic. We shouldn't discuss nutrition in the politics thread. If you want to continue this discussion I suggest we move it elsewhere.
If you want to eat healthy then I suggest you start with this website: https://www.choosemyplate.gov/

Sutekh
11-10-2016, 06:25 PM
I find this bit from the Village Voice article quite hilarious. If only Trump supporters had just a little bit more liberal friends to show them the right path, to show them the error of their ways. Yeeaaah, sure. Maybe it is the other way around, maybe some Trump voters just got tired of being policed by people with holier than thou attitude. Turns out people don't like being talk to like they are children. What. A. Shocker.

Absolutely right. However those people and those opinions are still shite. Shrill liberals are irritating but then so is the hand wringing alt right that are too pussy to come out as far right. I mean some Jeanine garofalo type called someone a racist on Twitter... OH NO. I get called a communist because I think the trains should be publicly owned. I get called a misogynist because I'm not anti-pornography. People chat Shit, I don't feel like upturning my country so I can feel like I got them back I hope both sides get sent to mars so we can have our planet back

GulDukat
11-10-2016, 06:35 PM
We could still elect Clinton.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

Please sign.

allegate
11-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Good fucking luck. There was already new stories of the people who weren't going to vote for Hillary even though they were Democratic electors so going against that will be impossible.
Oh, well then! Carry on, everyone.Considering who 'liked' this post, I think I need to clarify the sarcasm.

Dr Channard
11-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Turns out, if you create a narrative that anyone who votes for Trump is a bigot, a whole lot of non bigoted people will stop openly sharing the fact that they are voting for Trump. Then your polls cannot see them. Not to mention how blind your platform becomes to all the desires of those people, so you cannot sway them. People's careers were being risked for being Trump voters.

If the Dems want to learn anything, they will stop that shit. Looking at social media, I'm not too hopeful. But there are a few glimmers of people scratching the surface by showing how the voting demographics simply do not line up with "all Trump supporters are bigots" bullshit. A lot of the same people that voted Obama in also voted in Trump.

Off the top of my head: nearly 10% of registered Dems voted for Trump. More blacks voted for Trump than Romney. More Latinos voted for Trump than Romney. Hillary only pulled 51% of educated white women voters.

Yeah, sometime back in this thread I may have likened Trump to Jim Jones, which was probably unfair of me. Never having personally met the guy or spent time with him, what do I know? Trump might just be a decent person who is sometimes overly bombastic. We all have character flaws, right? Regardless of the democrat/republican politics I honestly hope for the best with his presidency and all of us. But man-oh-man, the persona he presented throughout the campaign, at times it felt like he was purposefully going out of his way to rub people the wrong way. Whoever that guy campaigning was, I hope he is gone, and that there’s a generally more decent Donald who shows up to take office.

hellospaceboy
11-10-2016, 07:13 PM
We could still elect Clinton.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

Please sign.

I hate to be rude but this is dumb! Unfortunately Trump didn't rig the election and he won the same way every president before him, with getting the electoral college. He really won!

Also, this petition means nothing. Anyone can sign it, including me, and I'm not a US citizen and I don't have a legal vote in the United States (even if my address is in Florida, so the site wouldn't know the difference). My Mom who still lives in Hungary can sign it. It wouldn't reflect what the American people want.

I'm extremely depressed over the results of the election, I really think that Hillary would be a fantastic president (and no, I'm not sarcastic, I think she's great) but Trump got his base excited and got them out when it mattered. If the democrats couldn't get the people out to vote (which they didn't) then NOW, two days after the election is a bit too little, too late.

Also, things like this makes liberals come off whiny and dickless, and I am a proud liberal, so it's not a dig at anyone. But this is a dumb petition.

ziltoid
11-10-2016, 07:26 PM
I'd like to remind everyone that there is still a Mid-Term election in two years. I highly doubt many will vote just like the last Mid-Term election (not enough people got off their asses and voted).
It could change the balance in the senate and house (wishful thinking).
That means if those people that actually want change then, they should mobilize and let people know that they can make the change by voting in 2 years time for candidates that actually represent them (slim chance). We have a head start only if we begin now.

GulDukat
11-10-2016, 07:29 PM
I hate to be rude but this is dumb! Unfortunately Trump didn't rig the election and he won the same way every president before him, with getting the electoral college. He really won!

Also, this petition means nothing. Anyone can sign it, including me, and I'm not a US citizen and I don't have a legal vote in the United States (even if my address is in Florida, so the site wouldn't know the difference). My Mom who still lives in Hungary can sign it. It wouldn't reflect what the American people want.

I'm extremely depressed over the results of the election, I really think that Hillary would be a fantastic president (and no, I'm not sarcastic, I think she's great) but Trump got his base excited and got them out when it mattered. If the democrats couldn't get the people out to vote (which they didn't) then NOW, two days after the election is a bit too little, too late.

Also, things like this makes liberals come off whiny and dickless, and I am a proud liberal, so it's not a dig at anyone. But this is a dumb petition. This petition is useless, but it's something. No harm in trying.

Archive_Reports
11-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Isn't bitching and complaining and carrying on what Trump supporters were supposed to be doing when their candidate lost a fair election? There's a reasonable chance that Trump is, in fact, a racist dolt who will fail as POTUS. Conversely, there is a chance that he could be successful or just not the failure everyone seems to think. And villifying him for what people who support him do is nonsense. Racist shitheads are racist shitheads no matter who is in charge; he is just their excuse. Want different results? Campaign for your preferred candidate instead of spewing bullshit back and forth to the same six or seven people on a Nine Inch Nails message board.

And no, I'm not a Trump supporter, just someone who is going to accept the outcome for better or worse and decide what I can reasonably do to affect change when the time comes.

aggroculture
11-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Consider the reason why almost 50% didn't vote: the lack of federal oversight of the VRA. There are numerous examples of voter suppression in precincts with a majority POC population, so you can't just chalk it up to voter apathy.

Good point, and I wish the media would cover this more.
https://www.thenation.com/article/the-gops-attack-on-voting-rights-was-the-most-under-covered-story-of-2016/

Mantra
11-10-2016, 08:41 PM
This narrative about Trump supporters being a bunch of bigots really needs to stop. It's not true for the majority of his supporters.
if you create a narrative that anyone who votes for Trump is a bigot...

Dude, come on.

Is your position that there are no racial motivations that drive the Trump movement? None whatsoever? It's all nothing but a "narrative" that was "created"?

Mantra
11-10-2016, 09:02 PM
I think the majority of people who voted for him did so because of the economy, jobs, and to get rid of Obamacare, actually. That's what all of the data seems to be pointing at, anyway.

Hmmm, I don't know, according to this exit poll (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html?_r=0), their number one and number two most important issues were "Immigration" and "Terrorism." As it happens, those are the two areas where Trump and his supporters most often say shit that sounds pretty undeniably racist and horrible.

I'm not disputing the economic factors behind Trumpism, not at all. But nevertheless, the idea that all the racism is nothing more than a "crafted narrative" strikes me as willfully ignorant to basic facts of reality.

Rubeninphoenix
11-10-2016, 09:30 PM
Yeah that was a little bit of consolation.But don't be surprised if that sadistic lunatic ends up on Trump's cabinet. If you think about it, he fits right in. I know a lot of people that are touting him to be the next head of Homeland Security. I hope the DOJ does something in the criminal contempt of court against him REAL QUICK.

Too bad the Cubans fucked us in Florida.I would honestly say it was all the angry white folk in rural Florida. All the counties with a very sizable white population went Trump's way and even the larger ones with a more diverse population weren't going to counter all the small ones.

Mantra
11-10-2016, 11:17 PM
See this exit poll (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/exit-polls). "Change" was the number one desired factor.Yeah, but look what Trump voters actually said in this poll when asked to pick the number one issue facing the country. Again, immigration and terrorism were number one and two, just like the NYT poll and another CNN exit poll I read yesterday. In fact, MORE Clinton voters rated the economy as their number one concern than Trump voters, which is a little surprising and kinda flies in the face of this theory that the greatest concern to all Trump voters is fixing the economy.

Another thing that's interesting is the fact that all the exit polls show that Hillary won the middle and working class vote by a pretty huge margin, usually around 10 percent more than Trump. In every poll I've seen so far, including the Fox one you linked, Hillary won both the "Under $30,000" demographic as well as the "$30,000 - $49,999" range. It's only when you go over 50k a year that Trump starts beating Hillary. Now of course, they're grouping all poor and middle class people together. I'm willing to bet (although I'd still want to see the evidence before fully accepting this) that if we separated the under 50k voters by race, we'd see that Trump won big with all the whites while Hillary won with basically every the other poor demographic. But that just goes to show why it's crazy to downplay the racial dimension of Trump's campaign.

onthewall2983
11-10-2016, 11:20 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/11/ok-fine-im-going-say-it-settle-down

Jinsai
11-10-2016, 11:33 PM
it doesn't matter anymore really "why" we voted him into office, unless we're strategizing how to stop this from happening again.

What matters is, THIS is just the beginning of what you're going to start seeing (http://usuncut.com/news/trump-supporters-brutally-attack-gay-man-california/)

sick among the pure
11-10-2016, 11:35 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/11/ok-fine-im-going-say-it-settle-down

What I'm most concerned with right now is not what we know Trump (we have a few months to figure out how to deal with him) wants to do, but rather with what his supporters are actively doing right now.
I can't "settle down" when my brothers and sisters are being attacked by people who straight up come out and say they are empowered to attack before Trump is the president and it's all ok now because he said so. Like, saying those literal things as they threaten, harass, stalk, and physically assault people. And by brothers and sisters, I am including actual family members and friends who have already been attacked. Not for starting an argument, or even talking back, not for being in a protest, not for wearing a shirt that supports those who are being singled out, but for existing.
My best friend from high school teaches an elementary school level class of immigrant and refugee children. These kids came in to her class crying, asking "Mrs. M" why everyone is telling them they have to leave now because Trump is the president and is going to kick them out. They are asking her why everyone is suddenly so mean to them and scaring them. One little girl had her scarf (not sure if it was a hijab, burqa, just mentioned her favorite scarf) ripped off her head on her way to school and thrown on the ground by "an older boy".

I'm sorry, but telling us to settle down when this shit is happening right now, fuck that.

allegro
11-10-2016, 11:46 PM
it doesn't matter anymore really "why" we voted him into office, unless we're strategizing how to stop this from happening again.

What matters is, THIS is just the beginning of what you're going to start seeing
But, as I already linked, it's happening in the opposite direction, too: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-trump-beating-video-1111-met-2-20161110-story.html

I don't know why we have to be reminded that Trump is not the President.

He will not become President for more than two more months.

Barack H. Obama is still our President until January 20th, 2017.

He and I were discussing "why" only because ... whatever, okay, fine. Sorry, no discussions.

Sorry.

thevoid99
11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw9HWiUUsAA2NFz.jpg

onthewall2983
11-11-2016, 12:52 AM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15056474_10154934861159367_7631013097844019474_n.p ng?oh=e9f379b0ad6a4fdb0ec2688e393efb6d&oe=58903058

This also happened (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donna-brazile-democratic-national-committee_us_5824cb95e4b0ddd4fe7954e8)

Donna Brazile, the interim leader of the Democratic National Committee, was giving what one attendee described as “a rip-roaring speech” to about 150 employees, about the need to have hope for wins going forward, when a staffer identified only as Zach stood up with a question.

“Why should we trust you as chair to lead us through this?” he asked, according to two people in the room. “You backed a flawed candidate, and your friend [former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz] plotted through this to support your own gain and yourself.”

Some DNC staffers started to boo and some told him to sit down. Brazile began to answer, but Zach had more to say.

“You are part of the problem,” he continued, blaming Brazile for clearing the path for Trump’s victory by siding with Clinton early on. “You and your friends will die of old age and I’m going to die from climate change. You and your friends let this happen, which is going to cut 40 years off my life expectancy.”

That might be the best line I've heard post-election.

onthewall2983
11-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Crap, I should have known lol.

Jinsai
11-11-2016, 01:46 PM
But, as I already linked, it's happening in the opposite direction, too: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-trump-beating-video-1111-met-2-20161110-story.html

I don't know why we have to be reminded that Trump is not the President.

He will not become President for more than two more months.

Barack H. Obama is still our President until January 20th, 2017.

He and I were discussing "why" only because ... whatever, okay, fine. Sorry, no discussions.

Sorry.

I'm not saying that... Or at least I'm not intending to come across that way. I know he hasn't been sworn into office yet. That didn't stop some assholes in one of the most liberal cities in one of the most liberal states to celebrate his victory by beating the shit out of a gay man. All these republicans and neo cons asking for us to capitulate and let's all work together to fix things and bridge the divide can fuck off

Aladdinsanity
11-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Statement from United States Senator of Nevada Harry Reid.

I have personally been on the ballot in Nevada for 26 elections and I have never seen anything like the reaction to the election completed last Tuesday. The election of Donald Trump has emboldened the forces of hate and bigotry in America.

White nationalists, Vladimir Putin and ISIS are celebrating Donald Trump’s victory, while innocent, law-abiding Americans are wracked with fear – especially African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans, LGBT Americans and Asian Americans. Watching white nationalists celebrate while innocent Americans cry tears of fear does not feel like America.

I have heard more stories in the past 48 hours of Americans living in fear of their own government and their fellow Americans than I can remember hearing in five decades in politics. Hispanic Americans who fear their families will be torn apart, African Americans being heckled on the street, Muslim Americans afraid to wear a headscarf, gay and lesbian couples having slurs hurled at them and feeling afraid to walk down the street holding hands. American children waking up in the middle of the night crying, terrified that Trump will take their parents away. Young girls unable to understand why a man who brags about sexually assaulting women has been elected president.

I have a large family. I have one daughter and twelve granddaughters. The texts, emails and phone calls I have received from them have been filled with fear – fear for themselves, fear for their Hispanic and African American friends, for their Muslim and Jewish friends, for their LBGT friends, for their Asian friends. I’ve felt their tears and I’ve felt their fear.

We as a nation must find a way to move forward without consigning those who Trump has threatened to the shadows. Their fear is entirely rational, because Donald Trump has talked openly about doing terrible things to them. Every news piece that breathlessly obsesses over inauguration preparations compounds their fear by normalizing a man who has threatened to tear families apart, who has bragged about sexually assaulting women and who has directed crowds of thousands to intimidate reporters and assault African Americans. Their fear is legitimate and we must refuse to let it fall through the cracks between the fluff pieces.

If this is going to be a time of healing, we must first put the responsibility for healing where it belongs: at the feet of Donald Trump, a sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate. Winning the electoral college does not absolve Trump of the grave sins he committed against millions of Americans. Donald Trump may not possess the capacity to assuage those fears, but he owes it to this nation to try.

If Trump wants to roll back tide of hate he unleashed, he has a tremendous amount of work to do and he must begin immediately.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2016-11-11-reid-statement-on-the-election-of-donald-trump#.WCYUnyTDSFx

neorev
11-11-2016, 02:22 PM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15056474_10154934861159367_7631013097844019474_n.p ng?oh=e9f379b0ad6a4fdb0ec2688e393efb6d&oe=58903058

This also happened (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donna-brazile-democratic-national-committee_us_5824cb95e4b0ddd4fe7954e8)

Zach FTW! Time to clean house and start fresh and ready to fight!

bobbie solo
11-11-2016, 03:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcXCvmtkcg8&amp;spfreload=5

I hope one of the four people mentioned is who leads going forward. The House member from Minnesota would be perfect.

aggroculture
11-11-2016, 04:15 PM
this picture makes me ill
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw-xA6nXgAAKJ4u.jpg

thevoid99
11-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Oh shit, now my stomach is ill from that pic.

Deepvoid
11-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Trump just said he may not repeal Obamacare after all. (http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528)

orestes
11-11-2016, 06:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFO8LKtjak8

Not cool.

This video has been debunked. It was over a traffic altercation and had nothing to do with Trump.

orestes
11-11-2016, 07:08 PM
http://www.snopes.com/black-mob-beats-white-man-for-voting-trump/

GulDukat
11-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Anyone else been drinking more this week?

botley
11-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Anyone else been drinking more this week?
Smoking. Which is worse, of course, but now I know I'm going to die in a climate change-related disaster before cancer gets me.

Jinsai
11-11-2016, 08:33 PM
I almost didnt bother replying to this because it should be blatantly obvious I didn't say anything absolute. I've continually pointed out that the biggotry was being *overstated* and continues to be overstated. The sooner Dems realize it's their own fault that they lost, the sooner everyone can benefit from Dems improving themselves.

It's a lot of things, and barely anyone saw this coming. She was way up, and then the whole Anthony Wiener dick pic emails thing happened and her firm lead slipped. Not enough people note that, and maybe it's because it just sounds so ludicrous. You can also make the case that idealistic third-party voters pulled a Nader and threw this. I know what you think of that kind of argument, but it factors into the speculation. If half the Stein supporters in certain battle-ground states had voted for Clinton, she would have won.

I've seen some "Bernie or Bust" people delighted with the outcome of this election... to the point where they're mocking how upset people are about this. These (mostly) young morons don't understand what just happened, but I guess they're going to find out. For them, this is a first step in a confused, meandering revolution... and here we are, watching Trump outline his plans to dismantle the ACA. You guys still laughing? Who knows, maybe some of these brave activists actually voted for Trump to kickstart the fucking revolution or something. Either way, the liberal infighting didn't help... I heard more liberals talking shit about Hillary than I saw about Trump.

Then you have to consider the strange timing of Assange's leaks. It was all one-sided, staggered, and intended to damage her chances at winning.

Then there was the over confidence... The silent Trump supporter vote...

elevenism
11-11-2016, 10:56 PM
this is so terrifying, what the supporters are doing.
people holding up trump signs in fucking high schools and chanting white power.
there is racist graffiti all over the place.

this breaks my heart to the point where i don't think i can even talk about it.

elevenism
11-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Also, sorry for double post, but my mother told us that trump would be the next president as soon as he threw his hat in the ring.

My wife and i laughed and told her not to be scared and that we would bet our LIVES that it would not happen.

It's crazy how she knew

allegro
11-11-2016, 11:14 PM
http://www.snopes.com/black-mob-beats-white-man-for-voting-trump/

The thing is, they didn't KNOW if the guy voted for Trump or not, they were just beating the fuck out of him and then they stole his car, and saying shit ABOUT Trump, repeatedly (which is clearly heard in the video over and over). Now, if Snopes wants to debunk it because it wasn't solely a Trump-motivated crime, that's true; but I think they're kinda nit-picking because the underlying message, there, is that "white people = Trump voters." Which of course is a sweeping generalization but tell that to black people right now.

Anyway, there's some crazy charged-up shit and people are gonna use Presidential candidates (or Presidents) to do stupid shit when it doesn't always make any sense. White people have been blaming Obama for increased racism for 8 years, and that makes zero sense.

The thing is, though, that generation is dying. The new generation of millennials will take over, and they're almost entirely left-wing. Even in Texas. It may take a few more generations but eventually this stupid shit will die out. That racist shit has been there all along, it was there all through Obama, it was on Facebook like a cesspool all through Obama's 8 years of his Presidency and I think even if Ted Cruz had won, this same shit would be happening because now the Negro is finally leaving office. But, those people are dinosaurs. We have to make them dinosaurs. Just like 10 years ago, none of us would have ever suspected that gay marriage would be legal, this will all eventually get better and better and racists will be squashed by the younger generations. Even my generation is way less racist than the generations before mine. I guess it depends on where you live, though.

onthewall2983
11-11-2016, 11:15 PM
The thing is, though, that generation is dying. The new generation of millennials will take over, and they're almost entirely left-wing. Even in Texas. It may take a few more generations but eventually this stupid shit will die out. That racist shit has been there all along, it was there all through Obama, it was on Facebook like a cesspool all through Obama's 8 years of his Presidency and I think even if Ted Cruz had won, this same shit would be happening because now the Negro is finally leaving office. But, those people are dinosaurs. We have to make them dinosaurs. Just like 10 years ago, none of us would have ever suspected that gay marriage would be legal, this will all eventually get better and better and racists will be squashed by the younger generations. Even my generation is way less racist than the generations before mine. I guess it depends on where you live, though.

I hope you're right. All this emboldening of the white power movement worries me that it will have collateral damage on the younger generations, and the whole shit storm starts all over again.

allegro
11-11-2016, 11:27 PM
I hope you're right. All this emboldening of the white power movement worries me that it will have collateral damage on the younger generations, and the whole shit storm starts all over again.
These movements are only louder because they know they are DYING and losing power. Same for the religious right, they have lost their control of pro-choice, of gay marriage, of birth control, they don't have the voice they used to have, AND NOW LOOK WHO IS PRESIDENT: A guy who's on his third wife, with kids by three different wives, who has been a regular on the Howard Stern show bragging about making women orgasm, and the first lady has posed nude in magazines, he's not exactly the bastion of morality. When the groups get louder, they are losing power.

The bottom line is human rights, empathy, and EDUCATION. EDUCATED people are far less likely to be racist or to hate. Period.

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 12:11 AM
I made an over-long rant on Facebook and thought why not post it here as well, since it's on the topic...

This is going to be my last election rant, and then I'm taking a long break. One thing I'm not hearing enough of, as we reel from this shocking bullshit that happened on Tuesday, is how roundly this event ultimately resonated as a crushing blow to women.

You don't need to look very hard to see the signs of sexist motivation in the Trump camp. They started throwing around this insult for Hillary's male supporters, "cuck," short for cuckold. The implication being that any man who wanted a woman president was emasculated. Supporters at his rallies wore t-shirts that said "Trump that bitch" and "Hillary Sucks! (but not like Monica!!!).

You heard people complaining that her voice was shrill, that her clothes were goofy, that she was ugly. Making stupid jokes like "The Hillary KFC Special: two big thighs, two small breasts, and two left wings." People calling her a "shrew."

I hear a lot of people decrying the notion, but it's pretty apparent that Trump at least carried a strong appeal for sexist assholes who were terrified at the concept of a woman lording over them. To them, that idea was emasculating; hence the projection. So is it really a surprise that the most flagrantly sexist candidate ever for the presidency, Donald "grab-em-by-the-pussy" Trump, just won against the first female nominee? Can we stop wondering why the sexist scandals seemed to have no effect on his polls in the long run? Accusations of rape and other unwarranted advances.

Maybe it's also appealing to this demographic to fantasize about being him, almost as guys like to pretend they're James Bond. They're not jealous of the fact that Bond has all the things he wants because he isn't real. They don't envy Trump because they think he's on their side, and that he'll make his dream ideal reality come true.

That guy sees Trump, a successful business man with a mail-order trophy-wife a third his age, with dutiful kids who look like they would never dare talk back. His wife stands there wide-eyed, and she looks dutiful as well. That's a fantasy. Trump's fighting for you! You're all going to have dutiful trophy wives and obedient kids, guns and money, and I'm gonna make that happen for you. Some alpha-male. Not emasculated. All of these guys with a sexist hatred for Clinton want to see that guy "Trump that bitch."

Say what you want about Clinton, but she took a beating on behalf of women on that stage, and then, when it looked like she was an absolute sure thing, it was taken away from her, and all of the people who (despite their potential misgivings about Clinton) thought they were about to see the first woman push back against that shit and become the first female POTUS.
But it didn't happen. They all stood there in their glass building, in a ballroom with a symbolic glass ceiling, just waiting to announce that history had been made. You can dislike her politics. You can think she's corrupt as hell. But everyone on the right side of history wanted that to finally happen.

And it didn't. One day, they're going to make a movie about this election, and that scene in the room with the glass ceiling is going to be the ending. It's going to make everyone in the theater choke back tears, because by the time that movie is released, everyone will have lived through at least some of Trump's presidency. They'll know the outcome better than any of us do at this moment.

This year was a cruel joke at the expense of women, and for some reason nobody seems to be saying that.

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 12:21 AM
There are lots of little things that add up, but let me demonstrate just how much of it came from Hillary being incredibly undesirable and not inspirational.

And I think the reasons a lot of people found her to be "undesirable and not inspirational" have in large part to do with the rant I posted above

allegro
11-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Jinsai, calling Melania a trophy wife isn't fair to Melania, either. I'm sure she doesn't think of herself that way. That's just as sexist. *eek*

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 12:28 AM
@Jinsai (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=272), calling Melania a trophy wife isn't fair to Melania, either. I'm sure she doesn't think of herself that way. That's just as sexist. *eek*

I'm saying that's how she comes across in the eyes of that voter, that it makes him a "pimp" in their eyes that he's got an attractive young supermodel wife.

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 12:30 AM
Hell, I'd vote for friggin' NOAM CHOMSKY if he'd run but he'd have the same problems.

He'd have a different set of problems. A man with the same record and qualifications and scandals as Clinton wouldn't have had to deal with any of that shit.

allegro
11-12-2016, 12:57 AM
I'm saying that's how she comes across in the eyes of that voter, that it makes him a "pimp" in their eyes that he's got an attractive young supermodel wife.
Do we seriously care how a wife "comes across" to certain ignorant people?

TheyCallMeDrug
11-12-2016, 01:04 AM
this made me feel a lot better today. the silver lining of this whole shit show is that the flood gates are quickly opening to release so much amazing art.

http://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_limit,w_680/f_auto,fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/uizp1lcxwbgrk4ytnrny/a-tribe-called-quest-we-got-it-from-here-thank-you-4-your-service-album-cover

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 01:10 AM
Do we seriously care how a wife "comes across" to certain ignorant people?

When trying to figure out what motivated the vote, why wouldn't we look at the perceptions of a portion of that contingency, in the same way that we examined Bush's appeals to evangelicals? Either way, it was part of a larger point and meant as a joke, that while not at the expense of Malania, is just an aside about the emptiness of her as a figure on that stage. Her primary introduction to the American people was through a speech plagiarized from Michelle Obama. People in general see her as a decorative pin on his jacket, and some people think that's pretty cool. I think if 95% of Americans were being honest, they would admit that it is the way she is presented in the context of this campaign.

It's a small part of what I was saying.

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Melania was never a supermodel. Trent Reznor is married to a woman who is 16 years his junior and beautiful and has done some modeling; does that make people view Trent Reznor a "pimp" and his wife a "trophy?" I guess, but that's kinda shallow. It discounts both parties, and doesn't say anything about the wife beyond her being an ornament. Do we seriously care how a wife "comes across" to certain ignorant people?

This is a larger extension of a small observation, but that comparison isn't really fair.

Either way, we're dangerously crossing the NIN streams here.

onthewall2983
11-12-2016, 01:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxCrfxhUkAAc2Q6.jpg:large

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 02:00 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxCrfxhUkAAc2Q6.jpg:large

it's eerie how completely South Park got this, and still was so sure he was going to lose that they had to change the episode at the last minute

onthewall2983
11-12-2016, 02:18 AM
That might be a bit extreme, but in general I don't agree that a President should be up working 24/7 at all times. He needs rest. If that includes a round or two of golf or visiting relatives, fine.

Jinsai
11-12-2016, 02:41 AM
That might be a bit extreme, but in general I don't agree that a President should be up working 24/7 at all times. He needs rest. If that includes a round or two of golf or visiting relatives, fine.

It sounds like he has another job that he's primarily concerned with, and that he needs to make sure that if he takes this new job, he'll have enough time to dedicate to his other job... because he really didn't honestly expect to land this new job that he just applied for, and y'know, his previous gig was pretty good.

botley
11-12-2016, 09:45 AM
The new generation of millennials will take over, and they're almost entirely left-wing. Even in Texas. It may take a few more generations but eventually this stupid shit will die out. That racist shit has been there all along, it was there all through Obama, it was on Facebook like a cesspool all through Obama's 8 years of his Presidency and I think even if Ted Cruz had won, this same shit would be happening because now the Negro is finally leaving office. But, those people are dinosaurs. We have to make them dinosaurs. Just like 10 years ago, none of us would have ever suspected that gay marriage would be legal, this will all eventually get better and better and racists will be squashed by the younger generations. Even my generation is way less racist than the generations before mine. I guess it depends on where you live, though.

I'm pretty sure there won't be many humans left on this planet by the time that 'takeover' happens. I just turned 30 and fully expect to die before I hit 60. There's not going to be a fourth act for my generation. We're facing systemwide social collapse.

theruiner
11-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Stuff that Trump could do to LGBT people on day one.

A lot of stuff about trans people in here. Like how he could completely revoke the part of the law that says insurance companies must provider transgender healthcare. Which means millions of trans people will suddenly have no way to transition.

But please, tell me again about how I'm blowing this way out of proportion and I shouldn't be worried.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/these-are-the-lgbt-rights-trump-could-start-reversing-on-day?utm_term=.xdLb9wOm9#.wx6wBAD4B

Archive_Reports
11-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Stuff that Trump could do to LGBT people on day one.

A lot of stuff about trans people in here. Like how he could completely revoke the part of the law that says insurance companies must provider transgender healthcare. Which means millions of trans people will suddenly have no way to transition.

But please, tell me again about how I'm blowing this way out of proportion and I shouldn't be worried.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/these-are-the-lgbt-rights-trump-could-start-reversing-on-day?utm_term=.xdLb9wOm9#.wx6wBAD4B

Has Trump made any statements indicating any of things would be a possibility? Not poking at you, legitimately curious. I didn't see anything in your link.