PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Presidential Election

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

emptydesk
07-28-2016, 05:43 PM
One might notice the sheer tonnage of unmolested NO TPP signs during Obama's speech.

orestes
07-28-2016, 05:52 PM
oooooooh, like those pranksters who were yelling "invade france next" when we refused to go to iraq, oh the fun we had.

Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that supporters of any kind will go to any length to cover for their challenger, no matter how ridiculous or offensive it gets. After all, it's just a prank, bro.

freedom fries.

Exocet
07-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Trumps comments about withdrawing from Nato scare the shit out of me...i feel sorry for the poor little Baltic states.
Russia has so many spies in the United States.

And his love affair with Putin is the most disturbing thing about him...Plutomium spiking Putin will run circles around him and humiliate him the second Trump is elected. Probably by entering Ukraine again.

DigitalChaos
07-28-2016, 06:22 PM
You know, I SAW THAT HAPPEN and it's being taken out of context.
... Out of context, it's accidental symbolism for a lot of what the Dem party has turned into. That was my point.

allegro
07-28-2016, 07:18 PM
... Out of context, it's accidental symbolism for a lot of what the Dem party has turned into. That was my point.
But they HAVEN'T. Yes, there is still a lot of Dems and Republicans on the side of Israel, and that's a strategic move protecting our ally and a lot of Hillary's stance on that is because of Hamas and because her husband tried to work out a deal but people still blame Arafat. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Camp_David_Summit) But that sign doesn't represent just Hillary or just the Dems; the Republicans are WORSE. Yes, I agree with those who want peace between Israel and Palestine, but NETANYAHU doesn't agree.

However, that doesn't mean that Democrats aren't socially liberal or aren't the party that represents human rights. That's still absolutely true.

allegro
07-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Wow, Republicans for Clinton. That was interesting.

Sarah K
07-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Chelsea is borrrrring.

allegro
07-28-2016, 10:50 PM
Chelsea is borrrrring.

Yup.

But the Reverend Dr. William Barber II? HOLY COW! BEST SPEECH OF THE ENTIRE CONVENTION, imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=gARt1GGM7d4

emptydesk
07-28-2016, 10:55 PM
Trump's shook.

Sarah K
07-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Yup.

But the Reverend Dr. William Barber II? HOLY COW! BEST SPEECH OF THE ENTIRE CONVENTION, imho.

I got home at the tail end of it! I asked my friends in the chat who it was so I could watch the whole thing, and nobody knew! Gonna watch it now. :)

allegro
07-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Also, I will never forget what this guy said, ever (Khizr Khan, father of fallen soldier Humayun Khan):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z7lN7nQjG0

newmodel87
07-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Why are people so upset about what Trump said regarding the emails and Russian hackers? Hillary had nothing to hide, right? She was just discussing yoga and other trivial matters in these emails. Sure, she was found to be n̶e̶g̶l̶i̶g̶e̶n̶t̶ extremely careless when violating federal laws, and unintentionally so, making the US vulnerable to foreign hackers and so forth. But really, what would the Russians even do with the 30,000+ deleted and classified yoga files?

thevoid99
07-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Also, I will never forget what this guy said, ever (Khizr Khan, father of fallen soldier Humayun Khan):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z7lN7nQjG0

Now this is a real American. Suck it Trump you Fascist fuck.

emptydesk
07-28-2016, 11:27 PM
newmodel87 this thread is for the big kids

allegro
07-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Speaking of Government hack: don't worry, that's really old news, hackers were getting into our Government computer systems for over 3 years and we didn't know it, whoops. (http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/news/what-really-happened-with-juniper-networks-hack-0167439/)

Although Juniper says that they discovered the "backdoor" through routine auditing, evidence would seem to be contrary to that claim. In addition, Juniper reported that the attacker could wipe the security logs (this means the backdoor had root or sysadmin privileges) so that there is no sign of the breach. Juniper and others have speculated this attack was promulgated by a foreign government, maybe Russia or China.

Oh, and China says they arrested the hackers who broke into the FBI computer database, stealing over 22 million classified documents (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/chinese-government-has-arrested-hackers-suspected-of-breaching-opm-database/2015/12/02/0295b918-990c-11e5-8917-653b65c809eb_story.html). Uh-huh.

Oh, and the IRS was hacked, yet again, and over 100,000 taxpayer records were stolen (http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-02-16/why-the-irs-was-hacked-again-and-what-the-feds-can-do-about-it).

Boy, that Government: Keeper of secure computers! We should feel really super safe!

newmodel87
07-28-2016, 11:32 PM
newmodel87 this thread is for the big kids

I've noticed. Unfortunately, there aren't too many adults to be found. Just 'big kids' who don't understand 'big people' problems.

Your Name Here
07-28-2016, 11:34 PM
If Obama or Hillary Clinton made the comment about the Russian hackers to encourage more hacking and espionage that Trump did the Republicans would have swallowed their tongues and would have been flopping around the floor like a fish out of the bowl. Bill O' Reilly would've had an aneurism, Sean Hannity would've been doing his best Joan Crawford impersonation from Mommie Dearest, and Rush Limbaugh would've shit his pants and had a heart attack. There is such a double standard between what the Republicans say and get away with and what the Democrats can say.
The Republican convention last week was amateur hour, and the Democrats showed who the adults are in the room. Go Madame President!!!!

emptydesk
07-28-2016, 11:36 PM
You're welcome to contribute something of substance at any time.

I mean beyond "Why are people annoyed that Trump asked Russia publicly to hack us?"

allegro
07-28-2016, 11:38 PM
I've got the deleted emails right here (grabs crotch).

Your Name Here
07-28-2016, 11:39 PM
@ newmodel87 I can't be baited with a tweet like your hero Donald Trump

allegro
07-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Are you talking to me? I have a Hillary sticker on my car, dude.

Your Name Here
07-28-2016, 11:42 PM
Are you talking to me? I have a Hillary sticker on my car, dude.

I had to change my post because you snuck your in, I have cleared it up. I know you have a Hillary sticker on your car I have been reading your posts.

newmodel87
07-28-2016, 11:47 PM
@ newmodel87 I can't be baited with a tweet like your hero Donald Trump

Oh but I'm genuinely curious. Do Hillary supporters think that an email scandal like that was significant or not? Either way you are conceding something truly awful there. But shift the focus to the mysterious and elusive Russian hackers and their bromantic, conspiratorial affiliation with Trump.

allegro
07-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Oh but I'm genuinely curious. Do Hillary supporters think that an email scandal like that was significant or not? Either way you are conceding something truly awful there. But shift the focus to the mysterious and elusive Russian hackers and their bromantic, conspiratorial affiliation with Trump.

To be clear: The DNC scandal is and was not a Hillary scandal as she had nothing to do with it. And Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice had private servers, too, but it wasn't a big deal; and considering the hacking history of the U.S. Government and the inability of even the IRS and the FBI preventing hackers from infiltrating their system, I think it's all hilarious that people somehow think a Government server is "safer" than a server in Hillary's basement (hint: It's not).

emptydesk
07-28-2016, 11:57 PM
It's not even a concession to state that she neither broke a law or her own NDA while communicating privately in a manner retroactively labeled as classified.

allegro
07-29-2016, 12:54 AM
It's not even a concession to state that she neither broke a law or her own NDA while communicating privately in a manner retroactively labeled as classified.
Exactly. And she didn't even delete any emails; her attorneys did. And they retroactively labeled certain emails as classified. They handled all of this stuff. Which is pretty typical in these kinds of cases.

chris
07-29-2016, 01:45 AM
Why are people so upset about what Trump said regarding the emails and Russian hackers?

Because, much like Tom Cotton's letter to Iran, it borders on violating the Logan Act.

allegro
07-29-2016, 01:49 AM
Because, much like Tom Cotton's letter to Iran, it borders on violating the Logan Act.

Well, yeah, that's really true.

newmodel87
07-29-2016, 02:17 AM
What Trump said was clearly a joke but this is a foreign concept to a humourless bunch incapable of grasping context.

emptydesk
07-29-2016, 02:34 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and throw out the idea that it wasn't very funny.

allegro
07-29-2016, 02:41 AM
Nope. And I even thought his calling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" was funny (yeah sorry) but this? Just lame and really dumb. ALMOST as dumb as when he lost the Motion for Summary Judgment and then went ballistic.

Swykk
07-29-2016, 07:14 AM
Getting caught up as I do not have cable, so on that note:

Khizr Khan defeated Donald Trump via KO. Holy shit, that was a passionate one sided beating I hope grandparents and shitty dudebros everywhere witnessed.

allegate
07-29-2016, 11:14 AM
congrats, you are one of the few.

meanwhile, how do you feel about Democrats.gif?

http://i.imgur.com/2tqXuwI.gif

point being, the Dems are a ridiculous mutant right now. The endless defense of Hillary and people jumping to support her is so amazing to me. There are so many examples. Kaine is absolutely loved by the Oil industry. etc etc etcAll I've seen you do is talk down the Democrats. Do you not care about what the Republican party has turned into in the past few months? Do you lack that small amount of self-reflection?

orestes
07-29-2016, 11:19 AM
To be clear: The DNC scandal is and was not a Hillary scandal as she had nothing to do with it. And Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice had private servers, too, but it wasn't a big deal; and considering the hacking history of the U.S. Government and the inability of even the IRS and the FBI preventing hackers from infiltrating their system, I think it's all hilarious that people somehow think a Government server is "safer" than a server in Hillary's basement (hint: It's not).

Not to mention John Brennan still uses AOL, lol.

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 11:41 AM
All I've seen you do is talk down the Democrats. Do you not care about what the Republican party has turned into in the past few months? Do you lack that small amount of self-reflection?

"Self reflection" implies I am Republican, with your statement here. Nope.

The blatant GOP mutations of current are things that gained momentum much earlier. Thing is, they aren't in denial like the Dems are. And the Dems who do admit their complete failure just hide behind false pragmatism.

More so, point me to the ETS republicans who are active here. I'm not really into ongoing critiques of people/groups who aren't present.

DF118
07-29-2016, 11:46 AM
Trump says he would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disparaged him. (http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/)

Deepvoid
07-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Trump says he would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disparaged him. (http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/)

That was such a weird rant.
Sam Harris is right. He can't put three normal sentences in a row.

DF118
07-29-2016, 12:53 PM
That was such a weird rant.
Sam Harris is right. He can't put three normal sentences in a row.

It's also extremely concerning that he's physically threatening his political dissenters. The one-line suggestion in the article, that Trump uses the word "hit" to mean "verbally attack", just underlines that he's failing to comprehend what words mean, now. Just like people with dementia.

I'm torn between dementia or a long-con.

marodi
07-29-2016, 12:55 PM

His maturity level is really showing, isn't it? But I suppose that's just another "joke".

Khrz
07-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Trump supporters are laughing, so should you!

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 01:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO1F-Spi0Gc

allegro
07-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Trump supporters are laughing, so should you!

Bullies are just so damned funny, hardy har har.

DF118
07-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Bullies are just so damned funny, hardy har har.

Exactly.

Fuck it, given this level of doubt as to his traits is so tangable, let's give him access to intelligence. Or nuclear launch codes, whatever. Har de har de har.

Edit: Also @DigitalChaos (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=598): you're a career troll, yeah? Nobody could be this naive, this constantly otherwise, really.

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Edit: Also @DigitalChaos (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=598): you're a career troll, yeah? Nobody could be this naive, this constantly otherwise, really.
naive of what, exactly? I am assuming you fall prey to false dichotomy when interpreting any of my questions or skepticism.

DF118
07-29-2016, 04:35 PM
naive of what, exactly? I am assuming you fall prey to false dichotomy when interpreting any of my questions or skepticism.

Who are you going to vote for, DigitalChaos?

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Who are you you going to vote for, DigitalChaos?
Not Trump. Not Hillary.
maaaaaaaaaaybe Gary Johnson

Why does it matter?

DF118
07-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Not Trump. Not Hillary.
maaaaaaaaaaybe Gary Johnson

Why does it matter?

Because the first two options are the only ones that do matter. That's how it's going to be in the US, forever.

implanted_microchip
07-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Why does it matter?

Because you are constantly bagging after people for expressing their support or feelings on candidates and preferences with parties and acting like you come from some better "impartial" and "enlightened" headspace even though you very clearly are so far into the liberal ideology and a general ethos of seeing everything as corrupt that you are not, in any way, shape or form less biased than anyone else. Everyone has bias, it's natural, it's subconscious, the best we can do is be aware of it and try and keep an open mind but you are very, very clearly set in your beliefs and seem to go after everyone all the time trying to "take them down" for feeling a certain way. It's smug and it's frustrating and it makes it impossible to have a conversation about anything political with you here. There's this "ideological purity" you seem married to and you just seem to get such a thrill out of "catching" anybody not 100% lining up with themselves at all times, as if it discredits everything they ever say or do. You told me I can't be mad about rape or murder because I don't think Hillary belongs in prison. Come the fuck on.

OT: As far as the conventions went, anyone else notice how the DNC seemed to really be "taking back" patriotic attitudes from the Republicans? Barack Obama defended conservatism from the Republican nominee and quoted Reagan, for fuck's sake. What world is this? I'm not complaining, just stunned. I think the whole Trump campaign left a wide door open for Democrats to be the patriotic, exceptionalism-loving party and the Republcans all rallying around his "America sucks!" attitude only made it easier. I'm happy to see them taking that opportunity; a ton of the speeches given felt far more sincere in their love of country than anything I've heard from Republicans in ages now.

allegate
07-29-2016, 05:08 PM
"Self reflection" implies I am Republican, with your statement here. Nope.

The blatant GOP mutations of current are things that gained momentum much earlier. Thing is, they aren't in denial like the Dems are. And the Dems who do admit their complete failure just hide behind false pragmatism.

More so, point me to the ETS republicans who are active here. I'm not really into ongoing critiques of people/groups who aren't present.

No, self-reflection implies you're attacking with malice aforethought and know what you're doing just because you want to. Or can.

Or maybe just what kleiner352 said.

Also:

More so, point me to the ETS republicans who are active here. I'm not really into ongoing critiques of people/groups who aren't present.So you're just doing it because no one else is stepping up to the plate? Because you're just that awesome of a guy that you want to play devil's advocate? I'm so glad you're here, fighting the fight for the little guy.

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 05:56 PM
Because the first two options are the only ones that do matter. That's how it's going to be in the US, forever.

So one can't have an opinion unless you support Trump or Hillary? You have not explained exactly what you are pointing toward about naivete.

Because you are constantly bagging after people for expressing their support or feelings on candidates and preferences with parties and acting like you come from some better "impartial" and "enlightened" headspace even though you very clearly are so far into the liberal ideology and a general ethos of seeing everything as corrupt that you are not, in any way, shape or form less biased than anyone else. Everyone has bias, it's natural, it's subconscious, the best we can do is be aware of it and try and keep an open mind but you are very, very clearly set in your beliefs and seem to go after everyone all the time trying to "take them down" for feeling a certain way.

You can just say that I bring alternate perspectives.

It's smug and it's frustrating and it makes it impossible to have a conversation about anything political with you here.

I was unaware that this thread was called "Dems are cool. Let's only talk about how awesome they are."

There are plenty of examples of threads that are endless circle jerks. The most active ones are not circle jerks.

There's this "ideological purity" you seem married to and you just seem to get such a thrill out of "catching" anybody not 100% lining up with themselves at all times, as if it discredits everything they ever say or do. You told me I can't be mad about rape or murder because I don't think Hillary belongs in prison. Come the fuck on.

That's a lengthy way to describe hypocrisy.

And of course not all hypocrisy discredits "everything they ever say or do." No need to be hyperbolic. It absolutely does damage their credibility at certain levels.

So you're just doing it because no one else is stepping up to the plate? Because you're just that awesome of a guy that you want to play devil's advocate? I'm so glad you're here, fighting the fight for the little guy.
Ya actually. The best discussions and revelations come from ideas that face skepticism and dissent. Circle jerk echo chambers are the worst for it. Pretty much everyone here would agree with that when discussing shit like Fox News.

We have had many great discussions thanks to breaking out of echo chambers here. Has the election made the Democratic hive brain so fragile that dissent is to be exterminated? We've seen what you've done to the Bernie crowd...

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 05:59 PM
It's worth noting that the remaining Pro-Hillary people in this thread have actually driven other members out. They are continuing discussion with me privately because of how bad the circle jerk has gotten here. I personally don't share the same aversion.

DF118
07-29-2016, 06:06 PM
So one can't have an opinion unless you support Trump or Hillary? You have not explained exactly what you are pointing toward about naivete.

The fact that Trump's fans all knew it was a joke is all you really need to know about this ridiculous story.This is you.

implanted_microchip
07-29-2016, 06:08 PM
"I have so many PMs, you wouldn't believe it. You wouldn't! I get private messaged all the time; I tell ya, folks, these are the best, smartest, most bright people messaging me -- only the best. Big leagues PMing going on. These people, they private message me, and they tell me, 'Oh, Digital Chaos, only you can have a healthy discussion! You've gotta do something!' I don't have to be doing this, I don't -- I don't have to, folks. But I want to, because I want to make this election thread great again -- that's the theme of my posts, making it great again. It used to be great! It used to be great, and now, we have these incompetent has-beens, these kleiner352s and these allegros -- they don't know what they're doing! They don't know what they're doing. I said to them, 'The problems of this thread or too big. I'm gonna need some help. I can't do it alone.' But I think I'm gonna have to, folks. I think I'm gonna have to. They're gonna make me do it, okay?"

Thank you for taking it upon yourself to make this thread greater than we ever could by being an antagonistic jerk

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Great demo of thread quality kleiner352. I'll be sure to take you seriously about that in the future (yes, that's credibility at play).

implanted_microchip
07-29-2016, 06:14 PM
Great demo of thread quality @kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417). I'll be sure to take you seriously about that in the future (yes, that's credibility at play).
Oh, sorry, I guess I should just go around finding any instance of someone being upset about something bad and doing my absolute best to find examples of people they agree with doing anything remotely similar and condescendingly grilling them about it as if they're not "allowed" to be upset

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 06:24 PM
This is you.

K..?

I'd say his supporters would love to see Russia do this. They'd probably not even see the issue. So they would be likely to accept the statement as serious. Yet, they are capable of understanding the context and immediately understanding that he wasn't serious.

Plenty of independents could understand this. Even the remaining liberals who can remain skeptical (like Greenwald) can see this. But for some weird all the pro-Hillary people are unable to see that.

Must be coincidence!/s

DF118
07-29-2016, 06:27 PM
K..?

I'd say his supporters would love to see Russia do this. They'd probably not even see the issue. So they would be likely to accept the statement as serious. Yet, they are capable of understanding the context and immediately understanding that he wasn't serious.

Plenty of independents could understand this. Even the remaining liberals who can remain skeptical (like Greenwald) can see this. But for some weird all the pro-Hillary people are unable to see that.

Must be coincidence!/s

Do you think it's wrong then, for a presidential candidate to encourage a criminal act? Such as one that could compromise national security?

orestes
07-29-2016, 06:30 PM
"I have so many PMs, you wouldn't believe it. You wouldn't! I get private messaged all the time; I tell ya, folks, these are the best, smartest, most bright people messaging me -- only the best. Big leagues PMing going on. These people, they private message me, and they tell me, 'Oh, Digital Chaos, only you can have a healthy discussion! You've gotta do something!' I don't have to be doing this, I don't -- I don't have to, folks. But I want to, because I want to make this election thread great again -- that's the theme of my posts, making it great again. It used to be great! It used to be great, and now, we have these incompetent has-beens, these kleiner352s and these allegros -- they don't know what they're doing! They don't know what they're doing. I said to them, 'The problems of this thread or too big. I'm gonna need some help. I can't do it alone.' But I think I'm gonna have to, folks. I think I'm gonna have to. They're gonna make me do it, okay?"

Thank you for taking it upon yourself to make this thread greater than we ever could by being an antagonistic jerk

Tim Kaine, is that you?

Sarah K
07-29-2016, 06:52 PM
No need to be hyperbolic.

https://hillaryiscoming.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/hillary-thumbs-up-1.jpg

implanted_microchip
07-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Tim Kaine, is that you?
Not enough "believe me"'s in that post

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Do you think it's wrong then, for a presidential candidate to encourage a criminal act? Such as one that could compromise national security?

Absolutely.

Unless we are talking about some weird edge case where a president can partake in dissent or something. But that's not even close to the situation.

Baphomette
07-29-2016, 07:22 PM
It's worth noting that the remaining Pro-Hillary people in this thread have actually driven other members out. They are continuing discussion with me privately because of how bad the circle jerk has gotten here..Pics or it didn't happen.

DF118
07-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Absolutely.

Unless we are talking about some weird edge case where a president can partake in dissent or something. But that's not even close to the situation.

No, it really isn't. You've yourself said his supporters "would love to see Russia do this. They'd probably not even see the issue. So they would be likely to accept the statement as serious.". So we've established that you think his supporters are okay with him encouraging a criminal act and compromising national security.

Which contradicts your earlier claim that...

The fact that Trump's fans all knew it was a joke is all you really need to know about this ridiculous story.You branded yourself as a dissenter, earlier. Dissent is consistent.

Again, naivety or trolling.

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 07:45 PM
No, it really isn't. You've yourself said his supporters "would love to see Russia do this. They'd probably not even see the issue. So they would be likely to accept the statement as serious.". So we've established that you think his supporters are okay with him encouraging a criminal act and compromising national security.

Which contradicts your earlier claim that...

You branded yourself as a dissenter, earlier. Dissent is consistent.

Again, naivety or trolling.
... how the fuck does that contradict it on my end?

really simply: His supporters are very likely to support it YET they STILL recognized the comment as a joke. This is *the point*

DF118
07-29-2016, 07:48 PM
... how the fuck does that contradict it on my end?

really simply: His supporters are very likely to support it YET they STILL recognized the comment as a joke. This is *the point*

"So they would be likely to accept the statement as serious."
"statement as serious"
"serious"

Semantics, son. You know, the meaning of words, and shit.

implanted_microchip
07-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.
Maybe Russia should hack his PMs!

#transparency #playthetapes

DigitalChaos
07-29-2016, 07:50 PM
"So they would be likely to accept the statement as serious."
"statement as serious"
"serious"

Semantics, son. You know, the meaning of words, and shit.

YET they didn't because they could still recognize the context. How is that not clear in my statement? Its a comparison against the Hillary supporters who are committing willful ignorance on the topic. Somehow, Hillary supporters can't put it in context but the Trump supporters (who are inclined not to) can put it in context.

The stupidity of this entire story is worse than the Obama coffee cup story.

Jinsai
07-29-2016, 09:27 PM
The stupidity of this entire story is worse than the Obama coffee cup story.
Not even close, (and no I didn't mean to click like there, phone posting is rough for me apparently)

aggroculture
07-29-2016, 10:37 PM
Donald's attempt to hog the limelight during the DNC convention is disgusting.
Dude, chill out, take the week off. What an asshole.

emptydesk
07-30-2016, 12:30 AM
He doesn't have other options.

Mantra
07-30-2016, 03:13 AM

I feel like you're trying to draw a hard line between Trump's jokes and his serious statements, when the truth is that Trump often floats in the gray area in between. He loves to do that thing where you make a joke as a way of saying something without really saying it. Like when he said Megan Kelly had "blood coming out of her wherever" and then tried to act all innocent when people asked him about it. That ambiguity between humor and seriousness is part of his gimmick, his way of talking shit without standing by it. It's part of what makes him so entertaining.

So I think there's a certain irony here in you attempting to elucidate everyone on the true nature of Trump's statements when you yourself seem to be missing (or intentionally avoiding?) incredibly obvious stuff. Like...do you sincerely believe that no one here understands that he was attempting to make a joke? Because I think everybody gets that, given how stupidly obvious it is. The real issue is that Trump's jokes always carry these weird undercurrents of partial-truths, which is kind of disconcerting in this context.

"Hey Russia! Hack the Democrats' emails and shit so I can get elected!!!! HAHAH!!! Just kidding! Oh c'mon, you guys know I would never ACTUALLY want that, right? RIGHT?....heeheheheh"

emptydesk
07-30-2016, 03:33 AM
One thing I will give the Trump campaign, besides that it put too fine a point on the GOP's implosion: It finally rid my state of Pence.

Khrz
07-30-2016, 03:37 AM
That ambiguity between humor and seriousness is part of his gimmick, his way of talking shit without standing by it. It's part of what makes him so entertaining.

Or like when he says he'd like to "hit" someone, except it means verbally ? No it doesn't, it's literal, except that wouldn't do well to say you want to actually punch your political opponents so, heh whatever, yeah it totally means debate them until they're knocked out....

The guy has no filter and backpedals like that every time someone points it out. With a wink to the audience, who knows that the joke isn't in what he says, but in the fact that he's giving the finger to everyone while pretending to point at the sky.

aggroculture
07-30-2016, 07:24 AM
One thing I will give the Trump campaign, besides that it put too fine a point on the GOP's implosion: It finally rid my state of Pence.

I'm trying to figure out if Gregg has a real shot. He has almost zero media presence. I've seen two articles total on him in the three years I've lived here. I worry that he's not trying hard enough to get elected governor.

onthewall2983
07-30-2016, 07:49 AM
http://youtu.be/7hBnwPycFUQ

Swykk
07-30-2016, 08:25 AM

Yes. I'm also thankful for that but aside from the area I live in (Northwest Indiana), the college towns and Indy, is there a good Gregg presence around the rest of the state?

allegro
07-30-2016, 09:24 AM
I feel like you're trying to draw a hard line between Trump's jokes and his serious statements, when the truth is that Trump often floats in the gray area in between. He loves to do that thing where you make a joke as a way of saying something without really saying it.
Each time he says he'll hit somebody (which he has threatened often), I know he's full of shit. He's all talk and no action; he sues a lot, but not nearly as often as he threatens to sue. And I don't think those lily-white hands have been in a fight in his whole life (or done anything else for that matter). He wants to come across as a tough guy, but it's a facade. Bullies always have henchmen to do their dirty work and in Trump's case it's an army of shitty lawyers.

edit: re "joking" - Trump has to learn that when he was just a businessman, maybe he could get away with that stuff. But saying the sarcastic shit he's saying, now, while he's vying for the position as leader of this country is the incendiary equivalent of saying "Hi Jack!" or "Oh, don't mind that bomb in my carry-on, hahahaa" to the flight attendant on a plane.

allegro
07-30-2016, 09:29 AM
It's worth noting that the remaining Pro-Hillary people in this thread have actually driven other members out. They are continuing discussion with me privately because of how bad the circle jerk has gotten here. I personally don't share the same aversion.
Oh, man, they musta busted an artery here in 2008 when we were all going nutso for Obama.

allegro
07-30-2016, 12:46 PM
This guy (https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210311889333429&id=1227423156) wrote this really good post on Facebook:

I thought for a time that Bernie Sanders might be our best option for President. I liked his radical ideas, and I believed, and still believe, that things need to be changed. But then I was reminded that some people speak well and inspire, and others actually show up and get things done. It may not be as inspirational; it may not lead to a slogan or button, but the showing up--consistently and firmly--changes lives.

In February of 2007, when I was working part-time in the bookstore of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. I did not have insurance, and I did not have savings. The urologist who diagnosed me sent me to Planned Parenthood, where a female physician mapped out the treatment options for me. I was treated for a time by Planned Parenthood physicians, not the cartoon abortionists or criminals they are often said to be. The doctor at Planned Parenthood put me in touch with an oncologist who, when told of my lack of insurance or funds, treated me as a family member, telling me to remind the billing department and other personnel that I was her family member. Being labeled as such entitled me to discounts on my treatment.

It takes a woman. Or women.

I attempted to pay, as well as I could, the fees for the treatment, but the hospital chose to report me to a collection agency, which began legal action. My physician was startled, and suggested that I contact both the billing department and my senator.

The billing department told me I earned too much money to qualify for Medicaid, but I could apply for financial aid offered by the hospital. However, I was told, the collection process would continue.

I contacted the office of my senator, Hillary Clinton, and within two weeks I was speaking to someone in her office, who, at one point, handed the phone to the senator herself. "You did not enter a credit agreement with that hospital," she told me, "so I cannot fathom why they are pursuing you as if you did. In addition, that hospital is aided by the state of New York and the federal government, so they are way out of line. You need to fight this cancer and get well: You don't have time for this nonsense. Let me look into it."

Within a week, the collection calls ceased, and within a month, Hillary Clinton put me in touch with two organizations offering financial aid to people undergoing cancer treatment. These organizations eliminated half of my debt, and within eighteen months, I had paid the remaining amount, without any collection activity or annoying calls.

I just re-read the letter that Hillary Clinton sent to the hospital (It was Roosevelt, if you must know), and in her indignation, she refers to me as her friend. Not a constituent, but a friend. She prevailed upon the proud history of the hospital and the medical profession to do the right thing, and adjudged the collection activity to have been an "unfortunate mistake or oversight."

On two occasions I received letters from her, and once a phone call. The doctor from Planned Parenthood and the oncologist recommended by that organization continued to treat me at discounted rates. My friends--again female--at the Museum kept my cancer a secret, and probably saved my job.

I am now receiving treatment through insurance made available through the Affordable Care Act, and while I am cancer-free, there are still follow-up procedures that are necessary.

And yet--Hillary Clinton and Planned Parenthood are villainous, despicable, ready for defunding or defeat. I don't understand that, and I don't understand how we have difficulty in choosing our next President or where our donations should go. But that's me.

That's my time with HIllary Clinton. Sorry I looked away for a time. But now you can deal me in.

DigitalChaos
07-30-2016, 12:48 PM
Probably. I wasn't active in the general forums in 08 to remember. Some ETS historian would have to comment.

But hey, we are now onto what... 3 different Dem related hacks in a week now? I want McAfee back.

allegro
07-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Probably. I wasn't active in the general forums in 08 to remember. Some ETS historian would have to comment.

But hey, we are now onto what... 3 different Dem related hacks in a week now? I want McAfee back.
Hey, the IRS has been hacked. More than once. The FBI has been hacked. The Government servers had a back door wide open for three years which security experts say was most certainly utilized by Russian and Chinese hackers. McAfee will shrug and say it's only going to get worse. Lots worse.

allegro
07-30-2016, 01:04 PM
Some ETS historian would have to comment.
Historian, reporting for duty (http://web.archive.org/web/20080121155528/http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=19311&sid=cfb51f1c3df6c861cb574f14116cecc0)? You get one whole page, LOL.

I was "EatMe" back then.

Note that we started talking about the election in 2006.

newmodel87
07-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Hillary supporters have no sense of humour and cannot understand context. Probably because they are too busy trying to censor and manipulate the English language. I never knew so many people read 1984 and actually thought it would be great to live in this sort of dystopian world.

Forgive Trump, he's 70 and had bad hair. Apparently this is uncommon. And since when is having a sense of humour a bad thing? If only Trump could put on a fake smile and uphold the same political facade and engage in the same empty, feel-good rhetoric that every other politician does and maybe violate the law and put the country at risk as bonus. Maybe then people would respect him more.

But I digress. Wikileaks used to be great and stand for the people ...until they let these mysterious Russian hackers expose political corruption jeopardizing Hillary's chances of winning, right? Must be some great kool-aid.

Sallos
07-30-2016, 04:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfj5s5r7_14

allegro
07-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Top Trump Scandals (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/donald-trump-scandals/474726/).

elevenism
07-30-2016, 05:20 PM
We watched Hilary's first speech after being nominated.
It was KIND of inspiring, but way too short.
She needs to get some of that obama momentum.
I think she should have tapped bernie for vp. The party is split.
BOTH parties are split. This is going to be VERY interesting going forward.

hellospaceboy
07-30-2016, 05:56 PM
And since when is having a sense of humour a bad thing? If only Trump could put on a fake smile and uphold the same political facade and engage in the same empty, feel-good rhetoric that every other politician does and maybe violate the law and put the country at risk as bonus. Maybe then people would respect him more.

The problem with Trump is not that his sense of humor sucks, but that he is a bully. He talks about hitting people in the face when they disagree with him. When a female reporter asked her a tough question he went personal and attacked her with some seriously nasty shit. The only way he could talk about any opponent is to belittle them, from Little Rubio to Pocahontas. Saying whatever pops into your head is not a fuckin' virtue! Being a bully doesn't make you tough!

elevenism
07-30-2016, 05:59 PM
The problem with Trump is not that his sense of humor sucks, but that he is a bully. He talks about hitting people in the face when they disagree with him. When a female reporter asked her a tough question he went personal and attacked her with some seriously nasty shit. The only way he could talk about any opponent is to belittle them, from Little Rubio to Pocahontas. Saying whatever pops into your head is not a fuckin' virtue! Being a bully doesn't make you tough!
Worrrrrd. All trump is doing is talking shit about people and saying how fucked off everything is...but he's gonna fix it. He's the "ONLY ONE WHO CAN FIX IT."
Yet he doesn't present ANy actual proposals.

emptydesk
07-30-2016, 08:10 PM
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- As Donald Trump took the stage in Colorado Springs almost an hour after he was scheduled to speak, he blasted the fire marshal, saying "they don't know what the hell they're doing," for not allowing more people in to see the town hall Friday afternoon.

But KRDO-TV, our sister station in Colorado Springs, reports it was exactly the knowledge of Colorado Springs Fire Department officials which allowed him to get to the rally in the first place.

"A mechanical issue involving a rescue mission by the Colorado Springs Fire Department is what caused Donald Trump's delayed arrival to UCCS on Friday," KRDO reported Saturday.

Trump was reportedly trapped inside an elevator at The Mining Exchange Hotel with ten other people 30 minutes before the event was scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.

Firefighters were able to open the top elevator hatch and lower a ladder into the elevator so all parties, including Trump, could safely evacuate into the second-floor lobby area of the hotel, KRDO said.

No one was injured.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/trump-rescued-by-firefighters-before-blasting-colorado-springs-fire-marshal

onthewall2983
07-30-2016, 09:03 PM
Well that's ten against Trump for sure.

cynicmuse
07-30-2016, 09:48 PM
I think that at least one section of Donald Trump's interview (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-father-fallen-soldier-ive-made-lot/story?id=41015051) with George Stephanopolous tomorrow will anger some of his base; he claimed that he had sacrificed by employing thousands and thousands of people (no word on whether he was talking about his merchandise made in China or those workers on visas (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/us/politics/donald-trump-taps-foreign-work-force-for-his-florida-club.html) for his various businesses in Florida). He also went after the silent wife of Khizr Khan standing next to her husband, implying that she was silent because she was a conservative Muslim. As it turns out (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/donald-trump-khizr-khan-wife-ghazala.html), she's still grief stricken over the loss of her son. There was absolutely nothing for Trump to gain with either remark.

hellospaceboy
07-30-2016, 11:01 PM
I think that at least one section of Donald Trump's interview (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-father-fallen-soldier-ive-made-lot/story?id=41015051) with George Stephanopolous tomorrow will anger some of his base...

While I doubt that this will have any effect on his base, but it should further deter some of the undecided true conservatives. Those who are torn between party loyalty and voting for someone who doesn't resemble the values they believe in. I think many of them really TRY to get behind Trump but he keeps throwing this kinda shit around and makes it really hard for them...

Khrz
07-31-2016, 12:02 AM
I genuinely sympathize, it's really hard to see that the only one who was deemed worthy of brandishing your already tattered banner (they all are, no partisanship on my part) is an illiterate troll...

I remember when we had to choose between a xenophobic demagogue and his right-wing opponent, the cries of the leftists like me saying "this isn't a choice, there is no choice". I can put myself in those shoes. Do you betray your values and vote for "the new boss, same as the old boss", or do you stick to your guns out of principle and vote for Trump ?

I'm all for alternative choices beyond the traditional right and left showdown, and I get it, that fight is old, and the outcome rarely surprising in the end. But there's upsetting the balance of things, and shoving it all down the meat grinder.

If elected, either Trump wants to be hands on and I can't see how it won't turn into a disaster given his childish ego, or he delegates everything, which is equally terrifying because I'm really scared of who will be in charge of all the things Trump can't be bothered with.

emptydesk
07-31-2016, 09:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mUorOSz.jpg

Khrz
07-31-2016, 09:36 AM
Whole transcript here. (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-donald-trump-vice-president-joe-biden/story?id=41020870) Thanks for that emptydesk, I needed a pretext to start drinking early.

DigitalChaos
07-31-2016, 12:09 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/trump-rescued-by-firefighters-before-blasting-colorado-springs-fire-marshal

There is something really hilarious behind this that the press probably won't fully pick up on.

First, you have to know that every elevator in the country can be overridden with one of two keys. Every elevator. This is for firefighters and other emergency personnel to override the controls and get to any floor that may be restricted access. It's supposedly common (but not legally permitted) for "special people" to use them. You can ride the elevator anywhere you want, not stop at other floors where people are waiting, etc. And that's exactly what Trump and his posse did. They brought their own key. Thing is, they didn't know how to use it and turned the key at the wrong time; locking the elevator between floors. This resulted in the elevator faulted with a code indicating "failure due to operator error." This is exactly what an elevator tech inspecting Trump's elevator found. That's why he had to climb out on a ladder.

The fact that he says the fire department "doesn't know what they hell they are doing" makes it all the more hilarious.

Now is a good time to make jokes about giving Trump the nuclear launch keys :D

GulDukat
07-31-2016, 03:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mUorOSz.jpg
That was, bad.

DF118
07-31-2016, 05:32 PM
CNN:

Washington (CNN)
Donald Trump said Sunday that Russian President Vladimir Putin won't make a military move into Ukraine -- even though Putin already has done just that, seizing the country's Crimean Peninsula.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/donald-trump-russia-ukraine-crimea-putin (http://[/quote]
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/donald-trump-russia-ukraine-crimea-putin)

allegro
07-31-2016, 06:49 PM
The fact that he says the fire department "doesn't know what they hell they are doing" makes it all the more hilarious.

Now is a good time to make jokes about giving Trump the nuclear launch keys :D

No shit, dude. No shit.

Harry Seaward
07-31-2016, 07:01 PM
Whole transcript here. (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-donald-trump-vice-president-joe-biden/story?id=41020870) Thanks for that emptydesk, I needed a pretext to start drinking early.

I've never thought about how much I truly pity the men and women of the world who have to transcribe the things Donald Trump says, using his own special form of disjointed nonsense gibberish. Imagine if an 8 year old child was suddenly given the vocal cords of a 70 year old man. Yeah.

Anyway.

Can you guys fucking imagine the level of campaign ending insanity that would engulf the political world in a ball of flame if the wife of any other Presidential candidate in history had posed completely nude in a smut magazine (https://nypost.com/2016/07/30/melania-trump-like-youve-never-seen-her-before/)? Like, holy shit. Personally, I don't give a fuck about this at all. I'm not going to sit here and 'slut shame' because I don't think it has any effect on changing my perception of Donald Trump. I think Donald Trump is one of the most dangerous people currently alive in the world, so this petty crap is pretty much irrelevant in the big picture.

But... really though, imagine this happening to Mitt Romney or George W Bush? Fucking seriously, just stop for a second, close your eyes, and imagine that! It blows my fucking mind every fucking day what an impossibly batshit insane Presidential election is occurring right now, and the universe is doing literally every. single. thing. it can do to make things worse and worse and more fucking outrageous and ridiculous every single day. Honestly I don't know how much more my heart can take.

What a world.

What do you guys predict the political climate of 2020 will be? Assuming Donald Trump loses in 2016, do you think the 'Inanity Insanity Bubble' will have popped by then and we'll have just reverted to a completely boring 'Ben Stein giving three part lecture on the molecular composition of saliva' levels of political discourse? Or do you guys think 2016 is just the beginning and during 2020 we'll see things happen in the world that we never could have imagined?

Is it even possible to go back to a normal, civil cultural and political discourse after this? Or are we going to do what humans do and force things to go up to 11? Thoughts?

allegro
07-31-2016, 07:39 PM
Is it even possible to go back to a normal, civil cultural and political discourse after this? Or are we going to do what humans do and force things to go up to 11? Thoughts?

I don't know that is a smut magazine, and the U.S. is surely more uptight and Puritanical than Europe when it comes to photo shoots, but our former FLOTUS in the last several decades surely were more educated, and a career in "fashion" is only respected by that class if you are running an empire like Diane von Fürstenberg

Harry Seaward
07-31-2016, 07:59 PM
I don't know that is a smut magazine, and the U.S. is surely more uptight and Puritanical than Europe when it comes to photo shoots, but our former FLOTUS in the last several decades surely were more educated, and a career in "fashion" is only respected by that class if you are running an empire like Diane von Fürstenberg

When I was asking if we're going to recover from 'this' I wasn't referring to Melania's nudes at all. I was just referring to this entire election cycle in general. Melania's nudes are only a small small part of a greater whole.*

*so to speak...

emptydesk
07-31-2016, 08:06 PM
I couldn't give less of a shit if his wife posed nude for photographs. It's unfortunate that she's catching shrapnel just because the GOP imploded and her husband is an idiot.

Have the distinct impression that Trump only wanted to run for the also-ran book and media tour, possibly his entree into investors for a Trump TV network.

allegro
07-31-2016, 08:10 PM
When I was asking if we're going to recover from 'this' I wasn't referring to Melania's nudes at all. I was just referring to this entire election cycle in general. Melania's nudes are only a small small part of a greater whole.*

*so to speak...

Well, of course we'll recover. We always do. What other choice do we have? If anything, we should learn things from the experience.

emptydesk
07-31-2016, 09:33 PM
It's worth noting that the remaining Pro-Hillary people in this thread have actually driven other members out. They are continuing discussion with me privately because of how bad the circle jerk has gotten here.

I keep thinking about this. I've come to the conclusion that if anyone's POV w/r/t national politics can't withstand the light of day, then they are free to remain hiding under the fridge. Just don't blame the people who actually do speak.

I thought the right and far left were tougher than this, this is actual whining.

hellospaceboy
07-31-2016, 10:41 PM
What do you guys predict the political climate of 2020 will be? Assuming Donald Trump loses in 2016, do you think the 'Inanity Insanity Bubble' will have popped by then and we'll have just reverted to a completely boring 'Ben Stein giving three part lecture on the molecular composition of saliva' levels of political discourse? Or do you guys think 2016 is just the beginning and during 2020 we'll see things happen in the world that we never could have imagined?

The problem is that Trump didn't spring into the lead in a vacuum. It was 8 years of the right taking extreme opposition to Obama. The GOP created this environment, they thrive off of it and honestly they have nothing else to cling on to. They can't admit that the president guided us out of the economic collapse (we bounced back better than the rest of the world) or that things are pretty rosy in general. So, even though they burnt themselves with Trump, and will most likely will try to bury him after he loses the election* they will keep hammering in the same position as they have for the last 8 years.

*I'm afraid that Trump will be a regular talking head on Fox for a long while

onthewall2983
07-31-2016, 11:20 PM
*I'm afraid that Trump will be a regular talking head on Fox for a long while

If that's all we have to worry about after this whole thing is over, then by all means let him blab to his heart's content. Strange as it sounds I kind of believe him when he says he won't run in 2020 if he loses. The loss could wind up being so embarrassing he may never talk politics again, let alone appear on Fox.

Khrz
08-01-2016, 06:22 AM

Seriously that's a non-issue, merely clickbait stuff. Of all the politicians involved, Trump is the one most likely to benefit from that kind of silly "scandal". Cue to next speech : "Have you seen my wife ? I have a great wife, the best wife, just look at her, everyone would love to have that kind of wife."

The woman had a career being a model. She posed nude ?
https://media.giphy.com/media/PFwKHjOcIoVUc/giphy.gif

Usually when you have to dig up stuff like this against a candidate, it means you've really lost the plot. Not to mention that the other candidate's SO has one hell of a salacious backstory of his own.
There are a lot of things to say about Trump himself. Trying to embarrass him by proxy with such a non-story is an absolute failure. But then again, it's just here to sell page views.

emptydesk
08-01-2016, 07:05 AM
The Post thing is NewsCorp stabbing Trump as Trump tries to get Roger Ailes.

"It's amongst the Italians."

DigitalChaos
08-01-2016, 11:21 AM
No shit, dude. No shit.
my Trump supporting family says "It was most likely Secret Service who had the key, they aren't part of Trump's team"

... fucking really​ people??

DigitalChaos
08-01-2016, 11:23 AM
I keep thinking about this. I've come to the conclusion that if anyone's POV w/r/t national politics can't withstand the light of day, then they are free to remain hiding under the fridge. Just don't blame the people who actually do speak.

I thought the right and far left were tougher than this, this is actual whining.
i mean... im the same way. If you recall, that line of discussion started because people were complaining about me calling out Dems. :)

allegro
08-01-2016, 01:53 PM
my Trump supporting family says "It was most likely Secret Service who had the key, they aren't part of Trump's team"

... fucking really​ people??

Haaaaa ha ha haaaa

Yeah, yeah, there ya go: the Secret Service is incompetent and locked a Presidential nominee in an elevator hahahaaaaa..

allegro
08-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Donald Trump says if his daughter Ivanka was sexually harassed at work, he'd like to think she'd find another career. (http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/donald-trump-roger-ailes-if-ivanka-sexually-harassed-new-career.html?mid=facebook_nymag)

We can't make this shit up, he's just spurtin' this shit out on his own!!

Dra508
08-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Donald Trump says if his daughter Ivanka was sexually harassed at work, he'd like to think she'd find another career. (http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/donald-trump-roger-ailes-if-ivanka-sexually-harassed-new-career.html?mid=facebook_nymag)

Jesus Christ on a stick, Ivanka seems like an intelligent person, this must make her feel awful. <shivers>

cynicmuse
08-01-2016, 11:09 PM

I keep thinking that Trump has reached rock bottom in terms of how horrible his statements can be. Now I know that he's on a one way trip into a black hole, and the statements will just keep getting worse. His comment about sexual harassment really pisses me off; he's penalizing the victim.

hellospaceboy
08-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Remember how everyone assumed that Trump would try to reposition himself towards the middle after he won the primaries?! What happened to that?

Oh, I know: the sad reality is that Trump wasn't nearly as calculating as we assumed he was. He really is the oversized ego he behaves like. His statements are almost even more radical than before. The fact that he's doubling down on his attack on the Khan family shows that he just cant. let. go. and can't. lose. a. fight.
He still just says whatever pops into his head, and he's a loose cannon. Nobody's in control of the Trump campaign. Nobody can steer him in a reasonable direction. His party, his advisors, his family... no one. No one can tell him what to do.

GulDukat
08-02-2016, 07:28 AM
There is something wrong with Donald Trump:

ETA: There is something very wrong with Donald Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/there-is-something-very-wrong-with-donald-trump/2016/08/01/73809c72-57fe-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Sarah K
08-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Eric Trump doubling down on the sexual harassment bit. Says Ivanka is strong, so she would not allow herself to be harassed...

"Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman, she wouldn't allow herself to be [subjected] to it, and by the way, you should take it up with Human Resources, and I think she would as a strong person, at the same time, I don't think she would allow herself to be subjected to that," he told CBS's Charlie Rose on "CBS This Morning" while discussing former Fox News head Roger Ailes alleged sexual harassment of women employees.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/eric-trump-ivanka-trump-harassment/index.html?sr=fbCNN080216eric-trump-ivanka-trump-harassment0329PMVODtopLink&linkId=27196686

Swykk
08-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Oh wow! Who knew it was just as simple as "not allowing yourself to be subjected to it?!"

Problem solved!

Dim, smug and out of touch. Just like dad.

DigitalChaos
08-02-2016, 11:25 AM
the body has a way of shutting down harassment

allegate
08-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Also this morning:
Trump tells a mom with a crying baby that he loves babies.
Then, moments later, he changes his mind on how he feels about crying babies..
https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/status/760507533379284992

Sarah K
08-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Finally, something that Trump and I can agree on.

theruiner
08-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Eric Trump doubling down on the sexual harassment bit. Says Ivanka is strong, so she would not allow herself to be harassed...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/eric-trump-ivanka-trump-harassment/index.html?sr=fbCNN080216eric-trump-ivanka-trump-harassment0329PMVODtopLink&linkId=27196686
I was sexually harassed at work once. I didn't say anything because it freaked me out and I froze. Guess I'm just not a very strong person.

God, that whole family are just a bunch of raging, out of touch assholes.

implanted_microchip
08-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Am I alone in feeling like, in the past week, this guy has really stepped up his levels of "how can I seem more like a comic book supervillain today"? Like, oh my Christ. Going after the Khan family incessantly, attacking crying babies, saying wind energy kills all the birds in an area and that solar takes too long though he "loves solar", Hillary saying the next president shouldn't be someone you can "bait on twitter" only for him to then, you guessed it, start ranting on twitter, getting a Purple Heart at a rally and bragging that he didn't have to take a bullet for it, acting like sexually harassed women just aren't "strong enough," giving a shout-out to Paul Ryan's primary challenger after Ryan refused to condone his bigotry, saying Russia isn't going to invade Crimea (which, I guess they won't, since they've already done so), asking for someone to hack Hillary's emails, saying he wanted to punch Michael Bloomberg -- all of this in, what, under seven days?

I mean it's been nuts from July 2015 onward with this guy, but, holy hell on earth man. It's like he's actively trying to make sure he never expands his base at this rate.

allegro
08-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I was sexually harassed at work once. I didn't say anything because it freaked me out and I froze. Guess I'm just not a very strong person.
I was, too, and it was really awful, and I quit because there was no other way to handle it, there was no HR to help me. Sometimes quitting that position is an only option other than suing and then good luck proving it. Strong has nothing to do with your word against theirs unless you're wearing a body camera or something. (In my case, my boss - the owner of the company who thought he was the reincarnation of Ben Franklin - cornered me in the darkroom alone and wanted to force me to look at Fredericks of Hollywood (http://www.fredericks.com/) catalogs with him and he was a creepy old fat bald man and I was 18.) But making this all the victim's problem is just a bunch of shit.

One of my female coworkers (legal secretary) used to have a sign on her wall by her desk that said:

SEXUAL HARASSMENT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
IT WILL, HOWEVER, BE GRADED

Nobody ever bothered her, hahahahhaa

saying wind energy kills all the birds in an area
To be fair, there was a HUGE backlash against certain wind turbines on Lake Erie because of bird strikes (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/01/bird_conservation_groups_move.html). You have to be very careful where you put them (https://abcbirds.org/program/wind-energy/).

implanted_microchip
08-02-2016, 03:37 PM
To be fair, there was a HUGE backlash against certain wind turbines on Lake Erie because of bird strikes (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/01/bird_conservation_groups_move.html). You have to be very careful where you put them (https://abcbirds.org/program/wind-energy/).

Except environmentalists totally talk about this and try and deal with it and lower the risk of it, whereas Donald said "all your birds, killed!" and that environmentalists won't discuss it, claiming that it's such an awful thing that causes so much destruction when they kill a small fraction of what buildings/skyscrapers do annually, despite him being someone who prides himself in building skyscrapers, and --

good god I can't believe I'm trying to make sense of any of this anymore

allegro
08-02-2016, 03:52 PM
despite him being someone who prides himself in building skyscrapers, and --
Well, right, and skyscrapers are the biggest bird-killers in the world. Even bigger than cats!!

Wind turbines kill a smaller portion of birds when they are placed correctly, otherwise they are awful. Like, don't put them in a Bald Eagle migration area for fuck's sake, ugh. But electric power poles are pretty awful in some areas for Bald Eagles, too. "Green energy" still has to keep all of this stuff in mind, obviously.

Bottom line is, he just pulls this stuff out of his ass instead of researching it when he knows he'll have to talk about it.

I happened upon MTV and some election thing and they had a bunch of young black people watching a Trump speech and a few of them said, perplexed, "um, he doesn't even finish a lot of his sentences." ahahahahahhaahaaaa it's true!

Jinsai
08-02-2016, 04:02 PM
so now Trump is waving around a purple heart that a supporter supposedly gave him at a rally (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/donald-trump-purple-heart-veteran-virginia-rally)

What the fuuuuuuck?! Is this his way of doubling down on his claim that he's "sacrificed a lot?" Is this how he justifies bashing the parents of a dead soldier? Is this how he excuses himself from the recent accusations detailing his draft dodging? Such an unfathomable sack of shit.

emptydesk
08-02-2016, 05:03 PM
He uh fired his top aides and media people, this is why there's a sudden burst of particularly boneheaded (relatively) moves.

allegate
08-02-2016, 05:39 PM
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13680764_10154444076208793_789984538479921727_n.jp g?oh=b2a3b179ee2334d3bf93fc35b9d5880a&oe=585B9138

allegro
08-02-2016, 05:42 PM
so now Trump is waving around a purple heart that a supporter supposedly gave him at a rally (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/donald-trump-purple-heart-veteran-virginia-rally)

What the fuuuuuuck?! Is this his way of doubling down on his claim that he's "sacrificed a lot?" Is this how he justifies bashing the parents of a dead soldier? Is this how he excuses himself from the recent accusations detailing his draft dodging? Such an unfathomable sack of shit.
Yeah, he said I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-purple-heart-20160802-story.html).

The hits just keep coming, people!!

emptydesk
08-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Megyn Kelly has one foot out of the door at Fox and she has no qualms about unloading on that culture as she departs.

allegro
08-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Megyn Kelly has one foot out of the door at Fox and she has no qualms about unloading on that culture as she departs.

Now a lot of social media comments are referring to Trump supporters as "Brain Donors."

DigitalChaos
08-02-2016, 08:17 PM
So my neighbor with the Bernie banner painted across his entire roof.... Well, on day one of the DNC he tore that thing down and completely redid his roof.

We are off to a neighborhood potluck and I really want to talk to him about it. My wife is telling me I need to STFU though :o

GulDukat
08-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Is Donald Trump Crazy?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/is-donald-trump-just-plain-crazy/2016/08/01/cd171e86-581d-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

Exocet
08-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Seriously.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/01/hillary-clinton-remain-leave-vote-donald-trump-populism?CMP=fb_gu (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/01/hillary-clinton-remain-leave-vote-donald-trump-populism?CMP=fb_gu)

allegro
08-02-2016, 11:41 PM
Seriously.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/01/hillary-clinton-remain-leave-vote-donald-trump-populism?CMP=fb_gu (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/01/hillary-clinton-remain-leave-vote-donald-trump-populism?CMP=fb_gu)
Apples and oranges. You guys don't have the Hispanic and women and Black and LGBT votes controlling one whole side, plus now that side also has the Muslim vote. It's why Romney lost. It's why McCain lost. Trump's own party hates him. And now Trump's Armed Forces veteran supporters are starting to turn on him. Also, the trade unions are solidly Democrat. Trump hates Unions.

The rise of Trump says a lot about the current disasterous state of the Republican party, but it says NOTHING about the state of this country.

Exocet
08-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Apples and oranges. You guys don't have the Hispanic and women and Black and LGBT votes controlling one whole side, plus now that side also has the Muslim vote. It's why Romney lost. It's why McCain lost. Trump's own party hates him. And now Trump's Armed Forces veteran supporters are starting to turn on him. Also, the trade unions are solidly Democrat. Trump hates Unions.

The rise of Trump says a lot about the current disasterous state of the Republican party, but it says NOTHING about the state of this country.

Are the Democrats taking into account the Grey vote though?... my Dad is American aged 72 and he supports Trump...something about Trump resonates with his generation at least where he is in Sacramento California i dont know why.

chris
08-03-2016, 01:46 AM
It's becoming clear he's trying to blow up the party. The only real question left is why.

allegro
08-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Are the Democrats taking into account the Grey vote though?... my Dad is American aged 72 and he supports Trump...something about Trump resonates with his generation at least where he is in Sacramento California i dont know why.
Yes, we have a shit ton of 65+ Dems in this country because the Republicans want to gut Social Security and cut Medicare. Trump was caught in a meeting with Speaker Ryan saying he said he supported keeping these programs strong but he only did it to not commit election suicide; witnesses say he told the Republicans and Ryan in the meeting that he fully supports cutting Social Security and Medicare. Older black voters under the age of 65 (not eligible for Medicare) who don't want to lose ACA coverage are especially behind Clinton.

Ugh, now Breitbart is spreading all this shit about Khizr Khan, the Gold Star father who spoke out about Trump; that a law firm where he worked got money from Saudis, that he is an immigration lawyer, etc. Of course, he had his own son wacked by the Bush administration in '04 in order to speak out about the 4th Amendment in '16 to help Hillary win. It's so simple. (eye roll)

Sacramento: my Mom's right wing cousin used to live there and all she did was complain about Mexicans. Trump attracts people of all ages who don't like Mexicans.

Khrz
08-03-2016, 11:09 AM
It's becoming clear he's trying to blow up the party. The only real question left is why.

I'm pretty sure he's not actively trying anything of the sort. He's just not concerned by the consequences as long as it doesn't concern him.
He's only doing what he has done from the start : getting the spotlight. He doesn't care about the republican party one way or the other, it's just a means to an end.
The guy has the tactical sense of a bulldozer and is as diplomatic. Whatever is in front has to go down, it's that simple I think.

theruiner
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm going to preface this by saying that this is one person saying this, basing it off of an unnamed source, so take it with however many grains of salt you want. Personally, I think it's probably true. And it's kind of terrifying.

Joe Scarborough says Trump asked a foreign policy advisor multiple times why we can't use nuclear weapons. Trump: "If we have them, why can’t we use them?"

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290217-scarborough-trump-asked-about-adviser-about-using-nuclear

Please, for the love of all that is good, keep this lunatic away from the White House.

Deepvoid
08-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Richard Hanna is the first elected Republican to publicly say he will vote for Clinton.

Now, Meg Whitman, an influential Republican is endorsing Clinton as well.

I agree that Trump shifted into 5th gear with the stupid comments he has made over the pas couple weeks. His fan base won't care but he might run short of votes comes November 4. I think the Khan controversy might have been the first comments that actually hurt his chances.

WorzelG
08-03-2016, 11:55 AM
I don't really understand how or why the Republican party let Trump stand at all?

allegro
08-03-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't really understand how or why the Republican party let Trump stand at all?

He threw his hat into the ring, he's been planning to run since 2012 (he trademarked the slogan "Make American Great Again" in 2012), and when he announced his candidacy under the Republican ticket, none of them took him seriously. The Republican Establishment was convinced that their man Jeb Bush would win.

Here's a really good article. (http://www.salon.com/2016/08/03/destroying_the_party_to_save_the_party_donald_trum p_is_the_existential_crisis_the_gop_needs/)

Political scientist Michael Tesler pointed this out in a recent analysis (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/08/01/trump-is-the-first-republican-in-modern-times-to-win-the-partys-nomination-on-anti-minority-sentiments/) of Trump’s campaign. Previously, race was implicit in Republican rhetoric. Republicans have long been more likely to hold racist beliefs, but ostensibly they weren’t voting on the basis of those beliefs. Not so this year.

Tesler writes: “Donald Trump’s campaign effectively bucked what the political scientists Donald Kinder and Lynn Sanders adroitly termed the Republican Party’s electoral temptation of race – using implicit racial appeals to win over racially conservative voters without appearing overtly racist. Trump’s play instead was to make several explicitly hostile statements about minority groups.”

Trump’s amoral pandering has activated anti-minority sentiment in an uncommonly powerful way this year. Drawing on data from the 2008 Cooperative Campaign Analysis Project (CCAP) and the 2012 CCAP, Tesler shows that Trump succeeded because he appealed to the most racially resentful primary voters. Those who scored highest on racial resentment were roughly 30 percent more likely to vote Trump in the primaries. The same is true of voters with strong anti-Muslim attitudes.

Importantly, Tesler writes, the 2016 “pattern is noticeably different from 2008 and 2012, when racial conservatism had a slightly negative relationship with support for the eventual GOP nominees.” Now, in other words, racism isn’t merely correlated with voting preferences; it appears to be the motivating factor. I use the word “appears” deliberately here, as causation is difficult to prove. But these numbers certainly suggest a causal relationship. And when you consider that Trump launched his campaign by self-identifying as a “Birther,” his appeal is fairly obvious.

This is not surprising. Trump is a political entrepreneur par excellence. He understood his audience (read: customers) and gave them exactly what they wanted: cutural resentment wrapped in nationalist rhetoric and racist innuendo. In doing so, he pulled back the curtain on Republican politics. Things have changed. There’s no point in dog-whistling to racists once your party has nominated a “textbook racist (http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/07/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-racist-comment/),” to borrow Paul Ryan’s phrase.

But there may be good news. A Trump-like Republican candidate was inevitable and therefore necessary. The GOP had to explode at some point. Party elites could not preserve the balance forever. Establishment Republicans are essentially libertarians. They pay lip service to culture war issues, but all they care about is low taxes and limited government. These policies don’t benefit working class whites, so they tethered them to racial and cultural narratives. But now those racial and cultural narratives have supplanted the conservative ideology they were designed to help inaugurate. Trump doesn’t have an ideology. He doesn’t have ideas. He’s just a conduit for fear. And he’s the face of the party.

implanted_microchip
08-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm going to preface this by saying that this is one person saying this, basing it off of an unnamed source, so take it with however many grains of salt you want. Personally, I think it's probably true. And it's kind of terrifying.

Joe Scarborough says Trump asked a foreign policy advisor multiple times why we can't use nuclear weapons. Trump: "If we have them, why can’t we use them?"

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290217-scarborough-trump-asked-about-adviser-about-using-nuclear

Please, for the love of all that is good, keep this lunatic away from the White House.

... but remember guys, voting Hillary is "basically the same."

I've never wanted to randomly get hit by a car or have an aneurysm or, really, get struck by any other sudden and unexpected form of random death more than I do now before the election happens.

This man is a babbling narcissist with a desperate need to fill a black hole in his heart full of all the attention and perceived praise he can get, and none of it is enough. He doesn't want to be a real leader. He doesn't want to actually be president. He can't even get a VP that agrees with him on things (Pence came out and endorsed Paul Ryan today after Trump refused to yesterday, which, by the way, Trump did while being a colossally petty little bitch, saying, "I'm just not there yet," quoting Ryan when asked about endorsing Trump in May or so).

It's like every day I wake up and I look at what the idiot's said next and I feel like I am huffing spray paint made out of fear and insanity. It's nuts. Close to half of the people in this country think he's the guy to go for. Another chunk think he's really not that bad enough to make supporting his rival worth it. It's insane. This country is insane. I ... we literally have a guy not understanding why we shouldn't be using nukes and people still won't take back their endorsements. This is unbelievable at this point.

allegate
08-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Mike Pence ‘strongly’ endorses Paul Ryan, as Trump refuses to do the same

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/03/mike-pence-strongly-endorses-paul-ryan-as-trump-refuses-to-do-the-same/

WorzelG
08-03-2016, 02:55 PM
The more I read about Donald Trump the more he reminds me of Greg Stillson in Stephen King's The Dead Zone. He's a populist congressman who will cause armageddon.
http://stephenking.wikia.com/wiki/Greg_Stillson

Khrz
08-03-2016, 03:01 PM
^ Down to the gimmicky hat.

DigitalChaos
08-03-2016, 03:04 PM
I've never wanted to randomly get hit by a car or have an aneurysm or, really, get struck by any other sudden and unexpected form of random death more than I do now before the election happens.

Still not hysteria, right?

implanted_microchip
08-03-2016, 03:10 PM
The more I read about Donald Trump the more he reminds me of Greg Stillson in Stephen King's The Dead Zone. He's a populist congressman who will cause armageddon.
http://stephenking.wikia.com/wiki/Greg_Stillson

Quite seriously the thing with the baby at the rally immediately made me picture the scene from The Dead Zone. It's pretty incredible

WorzelG
08-03-2016, 03:15 PM
^ Down to the gimmicky hat.

Although I suspect if Donald Trump used a child as a human shield he'd somehow get away with it

WorzelG
08-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Quite seriously the thing with the baby at the rally immediately made me picture the scene from The Dead Zone. It's pretty incredible

Did something actually happen with a baby at a rally? Is that the one where someone posted a meme that looked like Trump are babies? I think Stephen King has a time machine

implanted_microchip
08-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Did something actually happen with a baby at a rally? Is that the one where someone posted a meme that looked like Trump are babies? I think Stephen King has a time machine

A woman had a baby at a rally yesterday. It was crying. Donald said it was fine and how much he loved babies and continued speaking. Then, he paused, and said, while looking to the side, "Get it out of here." He proceeded to seem amazed, saying "I can't believe she actually thought I liked having a crying baby at one of my rallies! It's fine. Some people just don't understand. But it's fine." The dude basically acted like the most cartoonish bad guy from a kid's movie and nobody there so much as batted an eye.

I'll give it credit, it was one of the funniest things I've seen happen in a while. Because of course Donald Trump would kick out a mother and a baby and make a joke out of it.

allegro
08-03-2016, 03:46 PM
A woman had a baby at a rally yesterday. It was crying. Donald said it was fine and how much he loved babies and continued speaking. Then, he paused, and said, while looking to the side, "Get it out of here." He proceeded to seem amazed, saying "I can't believe she actually thought I liked having a crying baby at one of my rallies! It's fine. Some people just don't understand. But it's fine." The dude basically acted like the most cartoonish bad guy from a kid's movie and nobody there so much as batted an eye.
The thing is, it wasn't really about the baby; he was poking fun at the baby's mother. He was being sarcastic and patronizing toward the baby's mother.

I can't believe she actually thought I liked having a crying baby at one of my rallies! It's fine. Some people just don't understand. But it's fine.
WorzelG, here's the footage (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-kicks-out-baby-rally-226566)

implanted_microchip
08-03-2016, 04:07 PM
The thing is, it wasn't really about the baby; he was poking fun at the baby's mother. He was being sarcastic and patronizing toward the baby's mother.

@WorzelG (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=811), here's the footage (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-kicks-out-baby-rally-226566)

It's still not any less ridiculous. Also I quoted the exact same line in my post.

On another note, I really hope that the Paul Ryan/Trump feud really kicks it into high-gear so that we can see Trump call him Small Paul. I miss when his nicknames had a real ring to them.

orestes
08-03-2016, 04:18 PM
For those of you wondering what would happen if Trump stepped out of the race. https://s3.amazonaws.com/prod-static-ngop-pbl/docs/Rules_of_the_Republican+Party_FINAL_S14090314.pdf (Rule No. 9)

allegro
08-03-2016, 05:18 PM
It's still not any less ridiculous. Also I quoted the exact same line in my post.
Yes, I highlighted the portion of the lines that point out how many (including myself) believe indicate that the focus isn't really on the baby, it's his being a misogynist asshole.

allegro
08-03-2016, 05:27 PM
For those of you wondering what would happen if Trump stepped out of the race. https://s3.amazonaws.com/prod-static-ngop-pbl/docs/Rules_of_the_Republican+Party_FINAL_S14090314.pdf (Rule No. 9)

That's hilarious. So they would most certainly NOT put Cruz in there. They could put anybody they WANTED in there.

Then there's the "Donald Trump is a Democrat Secret Agent" theory (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35066940). Which my husband has suspected all along.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/101D7/production/_87170066_gettyimages-81931374.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGJ7TKRHIs&feature=youtu.be

Khrz
08-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Donald Trump is a Democrat Secret Agent" theory

That's funny, but there's no need to go that far...
Our own far right has been, how to put it, "encouraged" in the 80ies by the left just to throw a huge wrench in the right's gears.
Jean Marie Le Pen was a minor oddity in the political landscape until the left realised he was an opportunity to ruin the right's credibility and steal part of their base.

There's no need for a mole when the guy's already motivated by his own glory. Just tell him he's amazing and people would totes love him and watch him run !

Deepvoid
08-03-2016, 06:57 PM
New Fox News poll has Clinton leading by 10 points.
69% think Trump was out of bounds with Khan.

allegro
08-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Just tell him he's amazing and people would totes love him and watch him run !
thing is, Trumps's been saying he should run since the 80s. He's been saying the same stuff since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmNN2MCJ-7U

chris
08-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Then there's the "Donald Trump is a Democrat Secret Agent" theory (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35066940). Which my husband has suspected all along.
Then the conversations in your house sound a lot like mine. To me, this is more plausible than dismissing it as simple narcissism.

GulDukat
08-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Recent Trump interview:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/03/donald-trump-has-a-secret-state-strategy-that-you-cant-know-about/?tid=sm_fb

GulDukat
08-04-2016, 06:18 AM
Donald Trump insult generator.

http://time.com/3966291/donald-trump-insult-generator/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

elevenism
08-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Wow, even the (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-disqualifying_us_57a22e86e4b04414d1f2ffc5)mainstre am news is talking conspiracy theories and planned implosion. (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-guide-to-the-conspiracy-theories-about-donald-trump/)
The nuke talk is utterly terrifying (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-disqualifying_us_57a22e86e4b04414d1f2ffc5), like theruiner said.

And lol kleiner352 , a vote for hillary is the same thing. You are making me eat my words. you clever little fucker :P <3

Mantra
08-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Donald Trump insult generator.

http://time.com/3966291/donald-trump-insult-generator/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook
http://i.imgur.com/yEO5kFB.jpg

*shrug*...pretty accurate, actually.

GulDukat
08-04-2016, 12:15 PM
I was watching a Trump surrogate on TV today and he said three times, in five minutes, that it was Trump's election to lose. One would think if he really believes that, he wouldn't have said it three times.

His campaign is in shambles.

Sarah K
08-04-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't think that Clinton has made a fucking peep since the convention. She's just falling back, letting him destroy himself.

Khrz
08-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't think that Clinton has made a fucking peep since the convention. She's just falling back, letting him destroy himself.

Exactly, it's like watching a boxing match... She's letting him run around, come close, pull a punch aaaaaaaand he punched himself in the 'nads. Again.

He's exhausting himself and she hasn't even had to start fighting yet.

Sarah K
08-04-2016, 12:37 PM
These debates are going to be so glorious. I cannot wait. I find her much more engaging during debates than in long form speeches. She is a beast in the debates, and he's easy to shake.

implanted_microchip
08-04-2016, 01:07 PM
These debates are going to be so glorious. I cannot wait. I find her much more engaging during debates than in long form speeches. She is a beast in the debates, and he's easy to shake.

This is assuming he actually does the debates.

The guy keeps speaking in a way that just shows he knows it's doomed but would never admit it. You don't go around telling everyone three months out from the election that the "numbers will be rigged" if you think you have a shot. I'm certain he'll do all he can to either avoid debating, or get third party candidates in there, because he benefited greatly from the mass-chaos and high numbers of bodies on the stage during the primaries. The minute the field got whittled down, he did less and less well, but it was too late to really have a major impact.

And let's not forget he's skipped a debate before. It's not unprecedented for the guy, as insane as the thought really is. Hillary would be amazing in a one on one debate against him -- hammering him on policy, giving poised and articulate answers, the moderation usually more strict and likely not allowing his bullshit to fly like it normally does -- he'd be in a really, really bad spot and there's no way he doesn't know that. I want to see him get his ass torn open, but I wouldn't be shocked at this point if he did all he could to duck out.

Sarah K
08-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Moderator: Mr. Trump, our first viewer question for you is "How does a bill become a law?"

Trump: Crooked Hillary, build a wall, MUSLIMS

Clinton: https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/files/2016/04/HillaryClintonQueensNY.jpg&w=480

allegro
08-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Moderator: Mr. Trump, what is your plan regarding Foreign Policy?

Trump; Well, I gotta tell ya, it's gonna be a lot better than Obama's plan, because, I gotta say, he's a terrible President, he's the worst, the worst. The worst ever. And Crooked Hillary, she has emails that they deleted. She deleted her emails. And Obama? He's the worst. But 14 million people voted for me in a rigged system, it was rigged. Bernie Sanders, he didn't win because it was rigged. It was the worst, did you see that? I told them all in the beginning, did you hear me say that? I said that in Pennsylvania, I said it in Ohio, I said it in Florida, I said it. I said it everywhere. But Obama, oh, he's the worst. He's just the worst. And China, they are a disaster, just a disaster. A total disaster, taking advantage of our economy. With Muslims. In China. I told you that, did I tell you that? And her emails? Didn't I tell you that. But, I tell you, it's gonna be great. We're going to win big. Big, we're going to win bigger than we have ever won.

Clinton: https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/files/2016/04/HillaryClintonQueensNY.jpg&w=480

onthewall2983
08-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Trump's properties seeing massive drop in business (https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-seeing-massive-drop-visits-000000091.html)

GulDukat
08-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Moderator: Mr. Trump, what is your plan regarding Foreign Policy?

Trump; Well, I gotta tell ya, it's gonna be a lot better than Obama's plan, because, I gotta say, he's a terrible President, he's the worst, the worst. The worst ever. And Crooked Hillary, she has emails that they deleted. She deleted her emails. And Obama? He's the worst. But 14 million people voted for me in a rigged system, it was rigged. Bernie Sanders, he didn't win because it was rigged. It was the worst, did you see that? I told them all in the beginning, did you hear me say that? I said that in Pennsylvania, I said it in Ohio, I said it in Florida, I said it. I said it everywhere. But Obama, oh, he's the worst. He's just the worst. And China, they are a disaster, just a disaster. A total disaster, taking advantage of our economy. With Muslims. In China. I told you that, did I tell you that? And her emails? Didn't I tell you that. But, I tell you, it's gonna be great. We're going to win big. Big, we're going to win bigger than we have ever won.

You may have written that as a joke, but as Trump's syntax goes, that's spot on. He would actually say something like that.

implanted_microchip
08-04-2016, 02:53 PM
You may have written that as a joke, but as Trump's syntax goes, that's spot on. He would actually say something like that.

All it needed was a couple mentions about him loving China and knowing the best guys from China, but how they privately admit to him that they're screwing us, they're screwing us, and under Barrack Obama they've gotten away with so many bad deals, and how when he's president, he won't be making those kinds of deals anymore. He'd only make the good ones. The very best. That, he can tell you.

allegro
08-04-2016, 02:59 PM
All it needed was a couple mentions about him loving China and knowing the best guys from China, but how they privately admit to him that they're screwing us, they're screwing us, and under Barrack Obama they've gotten away with so many bad deals, and how when he's president, he won't be making those kinds of deals anymore. He'd only make the good ones. The very best. That, he can tell you.

His latest rant is hating China

Trump: China, they are ripping us apart. They are devaluing their currency. Every day. Did you see that? Every day they lower the value of their currency, they screw around with it and, I gotta tell ya, it's ripping us apart, it's totally tearing apart our economy, it's screwing us, and I gotta tell ya, ya know? This economy, it's being completely torn apart by China. It's a disaster. A total disaster. By China Because, you know, China. i gotta say. I gotta tell you, didn't I tell you, didn't I say it? Their economy is rigged, their currency is rigged, the whole thing. The whole thing. But, anyway, it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. Really, did you see that? Didn't I tell you? In New York, I tell you, I love New York, and they aren't China, I gotta say that, I will tell you that much, they aren't China. Because that. That is a disaster, a total disaster.

Hillary: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/151023112135-hillary-clinton-benghazi-hand-large-169.jpg

Jinsai
08-04-2016, 03:04 PM
That's the scary thing...he does talk like that when his back is against the wall! Did you hear him try to respond to questions about his father's alleged kkk affiliations?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/22/in-interview-donald-trump-denies-report-of-fathers-arrest-in-1927/

GulDukat
08-04-2016, 03:04 PM
CHINA!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VHtKx2jk40U

allegro
08-04-2016, 03:06 PM
CHINA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHtKx2jk40U&app=desktop

BWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAAAA hahhahahahahahaaa

implanted_microchip
08-04-2016, 03:07 PM
His latest rant is hating China

Trump: China, they are ripping us apart. They are devaluing their currency. Every day. Did you see that? Every day they lower the value of their currency, they screw around with it and, I gotta tell ya, it's ripping us apart, it's totally tearing apart our economy, it's screwing us, and I gotta tell ya, ya know? This economy, it's being completely torn apart by China. It's a disaster. A total disaster. By China Because, you know, China. i gotta say. I gotta tell you, didn't I tell you, didn't I say it? Their economy is rigged, their currency is rigged, the whole thing. The whole thing. But, anyway, it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. Really, did you see that? Didn't I tell you? In New York, I tell you, I love New York, and they aren't China, I gotta say that, I will tell you that much, they aren't China. Because that. That is a disaster, a total disaster.

Hillary: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/151023112135-hillary-clinton-benghazi-hand-large-169.jpg

But ... I thought he had to have his China!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

GulDukat
08-04-2016, 03:19 PM
But ... I thought he had to have his China!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs
Haha, oh boy.

GulDukat
08-04-2016, 03:38 PM
http://i0.wp.com/liberaldarkness.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/trump-obama.jpg

It's January 2017 and Obama is giving President-Elect Trump a tour of the White House.

The stuff of nightmares.

GulDukat
08-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Apologies if this has been posted. Voices from a Trump rally.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004533191/unfiltered-voices-from-donald-trumps-crowds.html?smid=fb-share&post_id=453476521505758_539508439569232#_=_

elevenism
08-04-2016, 06:03 PM
So my kid brother's company did the sound, lighting and stage for Hilary's event in Denver. He was a little perturbed that the fucking secret service wouldn't let them go home, and they wound up being there for 30 hours, BUT
He got to see her speak and he came away a convert. He was roused by the power of her speech and said she actually presented good ideas.
I am proud of him and happy for him, that he got to attend the speech of the woman who is increasingly likely to be our next President. And, hell, i'm proud that he is someone who is trusted to do the sound and lighting and stage work for her.

implanted_microchip
08-04-2016, 09:30 PM
^ Having attended a Hillary rally not long ago I can attest to her speeches. She came across exceedingly well and spoke with a fantastic sense of direction, vision and purpose -- it was night and goddamn day from a Trump speech.

For the first time in their history, the Harvard Republican Club is refusing to endorse the Republican presidential nominee. I'll give Donald some credit, he most certainly is "shaking things up" as promised!

elevenism
08-05-2016, 01:30 AM
^ Having attended a Hillary rally not long ago I can attest to her speeches. She came across exceedingly well and spoke with a fantastic sense of direction, vision and purpose -- it was night and goddamn day from a Trump speech.

For the first time in their history, the Harvard Republican Club is refusing to endorse the Republican presidential nominee. I'll give Donald some credit, he most certainly is "shaking things up" as promised!
BTW, you DO realize that i was saying you were right and i was wrong in post #3666, right?

So. To me, it appears that Trump has finally started to implode.
He's losing in the polls by double digits. I noticed a couple of high profile republicans backing hillary.
The Koch brothers won't touch him.
But i'm not saying it's over, because i bet my mother my LIFE that he would be over after the first debate.
I don't want to like laugh in the face of the gods or whatever.

onthewall2983
08-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think I'll be a nervous wreck if she wins just as much as if he wins. A loss as severe as it appears to be now could anger his base, and some of the loose threads could go nuts or something.

allegro
08-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Apologies if this has been posted. Voices from a Trump rally.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004533191/unfiltered-voices-from-donald-trumps-crowds.html?smid=fb-share&post_id=453476521505758_539508439569232#_=_

Ugh, that's disturbing. What a bunch of idiots. Literally, idiots.

Dra508
08-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Im not one for polls, but this made me gaffaw:

http://www.businessinsider.com/can-hillary-clinton-win-texas-2016-8

So if Trump loses support among college-educated white women in the suburbs of Atlanta and Dallas, not many high-school-educated white men are available for him to pick up, and upscale whites and nonwhite voters could form a majority coalition for Clinton.

IF?

That's right people, internal migration isn't going to make my vote less worthy! RAWR!*

*cawledge educated former New Englander white woman here living the dream in Texas

implanted_microchip
08-05-2016, 11:03 AM
BTW, you DO realize that i was saying you were right and i was wrong in post #3666, right?

So. To me, it appears that Trump has finally started to implode.
He's losing in the polls by double digits. I noticed a couple of high profile republicans backing hillary.
The Koch brothers won't touch him.
But i'm not saying it's over, because i bet my mother my LIFE that he would be over after the first debate.
I don't want to like laugh in the face of the gods or whatever.

I did not because I am slow

In general I'm kinda-sorta-loving watching the GOP realize that just because they paid for a rabid dog doesn't mean it suddenly isn't rabid and won't bite them any chance it gets. They had their post-mortem, they knew what they needed to continue as a sustainable party, they've got a commanding lead in positions in government filled and their own hubris and inability to change is what's fucking them over. It's pretty remarkable, if not borderline Shakespearean (and with a name like Reince Priebus it already fits into Julius Caesar or something).

If Trump could keep his mouth shut, he could win this thing. Thankfully, he can't, so he probably won't. Watching Hillary lay back and let him punch himself in the face the past week and a half has been pretty fucking great, and you just know more party defectors are coming and more across-the-aisle endorsements are impending.

allegro
08-05-2016, 11:21 AM
To be fair, the GOP didn't pay for Trump; Trump HIJACKED the Republican ticket this year, playing totally by their rule book so they couldn't do one thing about it; he gamed their own system and won.

implanted_microchip
08-05-2016, 11:40 AM
To be fair, the GOP didn't pay for Trump; Trump HIJACKED the Republican ticket this year, playing totally by their rule book so they couldn't do one thing about it; he gamed their own system and won.
And they helped groom their base to support someone exactly like him for years.

They could've changed convention rules. And, if that'd be suicide, they could've refused to endorse and support him. If they had any sense of actual morality or concern for their country, they'd not support him whatsoever -- and some people like John Kasich and Jeb Bush have done just that. But people like Paul Ryan absolutely cashed in any credibility they had as "people who care about America's standing in the world."

They chose to support this guy and are reportedly "apoplectic" over his behavior. They chose to support him and continue to support him yet come out every day to condemn some new stupid thing he says. Paul Ryan's twitter account even has a rebuke of the Muslim ban as a pinned tweet. You cannot frequently call all the things someone says offensive, un-American, racist and uncalled for and then say they should be president and get mad when they say more insane things. Priebus supposedly chewed Trump out on the phone recently; what's he expecting? The ship they were on hit rocks and is sinking and rather than hopping onto a life raft they've tied themselves to the bow and are upset that they're drowning. C'mon.

Edit: oh hey, an historically nonpartisan former CIA director endorses Hillary and considers Trump "an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation," wowza

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/opinion/campaign-stops/i-ran-the-cia-now-im-endorsing-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

Mantra
08-05-2016, 01:03 PM
And they helped groom their base to support someone exactly like him for years.

Yeah, exactly.

Wasn't Trump bound to happen? He's the inevitable end product of decades of conservative nonsense.

The American right has not been on a trajectory where they were going to nominate, you know, the next Dwight Eisenhower. This a population of people that have been subsisting on a garbage diet of Limbaugh, Fox News, Coulter, etc. Trump didn't invent this nonsense, he's just capitalizing on it. Almost every controversial thing he's said has already been said or implied by other conservatives for years and years now. The wall idea is old. Anti-immigrant hatred is just a core part of the Republican brand, along with demonizing Islam, stoking racial resentment, etc. This is who they are.

So really, it was only a matter of time before someone swooped in and capitalized on the decades of horseshit that the GOP is responsible for creating. If it wasn't Trump, it would have been someone else.

allegro
08-05-2016, 01:16 PM
So really, it was only a matter of time before someone swooped in and capitalized on the decades of horseshit that the GOP is responsible for creating. If it wasn't Trump, it would have been someone else.
Well, see, this is the problem, yes; it's why the Republican Party COULDN'T change the convention rules, couldn't stop Trump; they created the ultra conservative direction they had taken, they promoted the Fox News Glenn Beck Anne Coulter Rush Limbaugh audience and now the chickens came home to roost.

They said, "Jeb's our guy!" They read the autopsy reports and determined that Jeb spoke Spanish, Jeb was maybe acceptable to moderates, Jeb was their man. They sunk a SHITLOAD of money into Jeb.

But they didn't count on Trump using their own rules to beat them at their own game; Trump used marketing strategies to appeal to their own base (which Trump's an expert at doing). Given a Twitter feed, Trump can sell snow to a dumb Eskimo.

And after Trump got all those votes from Republican voters, the GOP damned well couldn't alienate their own voting base by saying "fuck off!" They couldn't change the RNC rules or they'd do the same thing. They were stuck. And the more they shy away from him, the more they rile up the voters by convincing them they they made the right choice by voting for the guy who wants to fuck the system.

On Trump's part, it's brilliant.

Eisenhower was pro-Civil Rights; Nixon enforced desegregation. LINCOLN was a Republican. This isn't how Republicans are; it's how they developed after the Civil Rights Movement. Nixon's "Southern Strategy" capitalizing on that momentum.

I tell ya, people hate George W Bush for a lot of reasons but this article sure made me cry (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-purple-heart-george-bush-perspec-20160803-story.html).

implanted_microchip
08-05-2016, 01:35 PM
I've said since last summer that Trump was the inevitable nominee because he was the summation of all their propaganda throughout the Obama years. It's still their fault for peddling the narratives and fear-mongering that got their constituency convinced of the things they did. They've just always been so dead-certain that they had so much appeal and that they're somehow these morally pure ideologues that they couldn't for an instant have enough self-reflection to realize, "oh, maybe we shouldn't be encouraging the idea that the president isn't a citizen and is a secret Muslim."

IIRC even Trump really spearheaded the Birther movement for quite some time (I still remember his windy press conference in front of a helicopter on Fox News after the birth certificate was released) and in general he gained a lot of recognition among the Fox crowd because of it. The guy got a fuckton of air time and you had everyone at the network acting like he was Jesus of Nazareth. Hell, Lewis Black even did a Daily Show segment in 2012 saying that Trump oughta be the one running for president instead of Romney. It's only a surprise to the GOP who did it to themselves and are utterly incapable of ever realizing that. So my point stands -- it's absolutely their own faults. Feed your kids poison, don't be surprised when they grow stunted.

Also damn allegro, that's a strong article. I don't like W. a bit but I also don't think he's Satan Incarnate and stories like that really drive home how difficult a position the office of the presidency is, regardless of who you are or what you're doing. I love humanizing stuff like that, it offers a great sense of perspective.

Sarah K
08-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Ahhhh. That made me cry, too. I don't think GW Bush is a bad guy. He's just stupid as fuck and easily influenced by the bad people who surround him.

implanted_microchip
08-05-2016, 03:02 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump revealed his economic advisers, and, after never shutting up about how he'd be "tough on big business" and fight the influence of money in the system, and his utterly bizarre attempts at courting Sanders supporters, it's almost entirely made up of wealthy CEOs and Wall Street executives

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/05/news/economy/donald-trump-economic-advisers/index.html

And yet there are still asshats who think that, somehow, it's better to not vote for Hillary and give Trump a higher shot at winning because she'd be more of "the oligarchy."

W e w b o y

I'm not thoroughly unconvinced that his campaign is some Andy Kaufman-esque comedic performance art exhibition

Dra508
08-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Sanders tries to speak to his supporters, again:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-sanders-message-20160805-snap-story.html

Deepvoid
08-05-2016, 06:53 PM
In the awkward category.
Ann Coulter and other Trump minions are throwing an event tonight in support of Paul Nehlen whobis challing Paul Ryan.
CNN announced that Trump will endorse Paul Ryan tonight in Green Bay.

People on Breitbart are gonna be confused.

allegro
08-05-2016, 07:56 PM
In the awkward category.
Ann Coulter and other Trump minions are throwing an event tonight in support of Paul Nehlen whobis challing Paul Ryan.
CNN announced that Trump will endorse Paul Ryan tonight in Green Bay.

People on Breitbart are gonna be confused.

That District LOVES Paul Ryan. LOVES. Nehlen has a snowball's chance in Hell. Supporting anybody else is political suicide.

Although, Green Bay is in a different District, heh.

Deepvoid
08-05-2016, 08:24 PM
That District LOVES Paul Ryan. LOVES. Nehlen has a snowball's chance in Hell. Supporting anybody else is political suicide.

Although, Green Bay is in a different District, heh.

Trump added insult to injury by also endorsing McCain tonight.

Deepvoid
08-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Breitbart users have found a way to spin those endorsements in a positive thing. Some are pissed but it really renforces the theory that Trump can do no wrong.

Now, no matter what I comment there, I just can't get banned. I've trolled, flammed and insulted people. Nothing is happening. It literally took 1 hour to get banned from The Right Scoop. Oh well more fun ahead.

implanted_microchip
08-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Breitbart users have found a way to spin those endorsements in a positive thing. Some are pissed but it really renforces the theory that Trump can do no wrong.

Well I mean obviously this was yet another one of his many 19D 4k Monopoly moves while everyone else is playing checkers, right?

onthewall2983
08-06-2016, 04:31 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/13912665_1179411848797932_5557579318534562336_n.pn g?oh=c8cf5c878cd100e0221f82c0beee4d53&oe=585CBD60

Well?

allegro
08-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stasi-hed-article-1.2311902)

Swykk
08-07-2016, 12:00 PM
I find myself wishing those two sociopath douchebags were involved in hunting accidents or just executed by a poacher squad "by accident." They're living xeroxes of Patrick Bateman.

botley
08-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stasi-hed-article-1.2311902)
I find it darkly hilarious how confident all those 'finally Trump is doomed' predictions are/were (this one is over a year old), because look where he is today.

He now stands accused by three different women (http://www.nationalmemo.com/a-third-woman-alleges-she-was-sexually-assaulted-by-donald-trump/) of sexual assault and abuse, with NO appreciable dent in his popularity.

allegro
08-07-2016, 01:08 PM
I find it darkly hilarious how confident all those 'finally Trump is doomed' predictions are/were (this one is over a year old), because look where he is today.
Yeah the game hunting thing never hit the major media outlets, it was circulating a little on Facebook among the anti-Trump people and on some news rags but it didn't make a dent on national news outlets, that's the first I'd heard of it. And the Brain Donor hardline Republicans who love him don't care. But the people it could affect are the possible crossover independents. The VFW has issued a statement against him (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/vfw-trump-khan-feud-226509) (re Trump's Khan comments) which is probably the most harmful and damaging publicity, yet, because it affects his current fan base.

Trump constantly misuses the term "rape" in his speeches, and was accused by his ex-wife, Ivana, of sexual assault in her book. (http://time.com/4316229/trump-rape-comment/)

botley
08-07-2016, 01:55 PM
There is a definite pattern here. I think you will see more women coming forward with accusations, just as there were against Bill Cosby, until the point where it is undeniable that he has been getting away with assaulting women repeatedly for decades with no repercussions whatsoever.

...and he's still got even chances to be President for the next eight years. Fuck this life

allegro
08-07-2016, 03:01 PM
...and he's still got even chances to be President for the next eight years. Fuck this life
I don't think he has "even chances." (http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-tracking-poll-20160805-snap-story.html) He has pretty much ZERO minority support, and a LOT less female voter support than Clinton.

The data so far for this past week show Trump has lost ground even among some of the groups that have given him the strongest support. More than 1 in 5 white voters soured on him, for example, as did a similar share of voters older than 65. In both groups, only about half as many voters moved in Trump’s direction.

Even white voters without a college education, who have formed the core of Trump’s support, shifted against him in the past week. About 1 in 5 of those blue-collar, white voters moved away from Trump this week, compared with about 1 in 10 who moved toward him.

onthewall2983
08-07-2016, 10:03 PM
I keep saying it, but the "minorities" will play a major key in him getting beat. It came out just recently that he had zero support from African-Americans in I think Ohio and Pennsylvania.

cynicmuse
08-07-2016, 10:37 PM
At this point, Trump is his own worst enemy. If he'd just shut up last week, he wouldn't have gotten all the bad press with the Khans. He also would be fairing better with the Republican party. If he'd even tried to make just a little bit nice with the party, they might have been able to placate the national security portion of the party. Instead, that section of the Republican party is providing the material for Hilary Clinton's latest anti-Trump ad (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290501-new-clinton-ad-uses-republicans-to-call-trump-unfit-for). His economic advisers are a truly diverse bunch (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/05/trumps-economic-team-has-six-men-named-steve-but-no-women/), with 6 dudes named some form of Steven.

DigitalChaos
08-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Wanna see somethings fun? Go look at trumps Twitter feed. All the ones posted via iPhone are clearly his staff. The Android ones look like Trump's.

GulDukat
08-08-2016, 09:03 AM
State of the race:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/08/08/daily-202-trump-s-floor-in-the-polls-is-probably-higher-than-you-think/57a7c454cd249a7e29d0cf83/

Khrz
08-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Can't say I'm surprised. It's a race between Trump and Clinton, just because Trump loses approval doesn't mean it will translate in a substantial loss of votes. It's not like they're gonna vote democrats just because his kids enjoy hunting or because he defended himself against some muslim parents, or because he believes his daughter is a strong woman who can defend herself just fine...
That's not how I view those incidents, but I'm pretty sure that's how his base sees them.

Dra508
08-08-2016, 12:17 PM
I was rather surprised to see this play here in Texas., during the Olympics coverage no less. Usually Dems don't spend money here, like spitting in the wind.

https://youtu.be/6dtk1eX7UBE

onthewall2983
08-08-2016, 02:05 PM
I watched that ad on TV here a few days ago.

GulDukat
08-08-2016, 04:34 PM
My vote for biggest tool of 2016 would go to Hugh Hewitt. Dude is all over cable news, predicting a Trump victory in November, saying how great his campaign is going. He also predicted a Romney landslide in 2012.

GulDukat
08-08-2016, 04:48 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=0

50 GOP leaders sign letter stating Trump will be a risk to national security.

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Trump needs a miracle to win.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/08/09/donald-trump-needs-a-miracle-to-win/?tid=sm_fb

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 02:55 PM
The latest insane quote:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/videos/a47491/donald-trump-hints-at-hillary-clinton-assassination/

DigitalChaos
08-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Trump, kill yourself please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxkkrNSv-4

Khrz
08-09-2016, 03:20 PM
That guy is just magical.

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 03:20 PM
DigitalChaos, not a facepalm at you, but at the soundbyte.

implanted_microchip
08-09-2016, 03:22 PM
So, after doing a lot of volunteering this summer for Democrats and attending a Hillary rally, in the name of giving the other side a chance and out of my morbid curiousity with American white trash, I am attending a Donald Trump rally this Thursday here in Florida. Wish me luck, guys! I'll happily do a little highlights write up if anybody would like (I'll probably be doing a legitimate article on the experience as well but I don't cross the streams of my "real life" and this board).

theruiner
08-09-2016, 03:26 PM
That quote...Jesus.

At BEST he meant that his supporters should do everything they can to put political pressure on Hillary not to take away their guns and he just worded it very, very poorly. At worst, he was implying that someone should assassinate her.

I just...I'm speechless. Even for Trump, this is amazingly low.

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 03:31 PM
So, after doing a lot of volunteering this summer for Democrats and attending a Hillary rally, in the name of giving the other side a chance and out of my morbid curiousity with American white trash, I am attending a Donald Trump brownshirt rally this Thursday here in Florida. Wish me luck, guys! I'll happily do a little highlights write up if anybody would like (I'll probably be doing a legitimate article on the experience as well but I don't cross the streams of my "real life" and this board).

Fixed that for you.

implanted_microchip
08-09-2016, 04:42 PM
BTW everybody, Trump fans on twitter are already claiming that he meant "they could outvote her." Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

DF118
08-09-2016, 04:50 PM
What gets me, is that this looks like it was a scripted inclusion. A line somebody actually wrote, rather than an off-the-cuff stupidity. Given the rest of the surrounding speech bordered on incomprehensible, I mean. He's turning into a very bad heel performer.

allegro
08-09-2016, 05:05 PM
What gets me, is that this looks like it was a scripted inclusion. A line somebody actually wrote, rather than an off-the-cuff stupidity. Given the rest of the surrounding speech bordered on incomprehensible, I mean. He's turning into a very bad heel performer.
I totally agree. That was scripted and it was total schtick, absolutely meant to imply that he thinks his 2nd Amendment fans are maniacs (who hate Clinton enough to do whatever). Do we think that this billionnaire has a gun? Fuck no, he pays people to have guns. Even his sons were likely provided guns on their hunting trip. The upper class doesn't need the 2nd Amendment; that's only for the little people. McAfee has money but he's not the upper class. The irony is how many of Trump's 2nd Amendment fans won't get it. And he knows it.

The SCOTUS, even the most liberal pot-smoking hippy SCOTUS in history, is NOT GOING TO TAKE AWAY THE 2ND AMENDMENT. THEY CAN'T. THAT'S NOT THEIR JOB. THE SCOTUS INTERPRETS LAWS USING THE CONSTITUTION AS A GUIDE. BUT THE SCOTUS CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT REMOVE ITEMS FROM THE CONSTITUTION. TRUMP IS A MORON. (And so are most of his followers.)

allegate
08-09-2016, 05:15 PM
“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.
“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.
“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

The only way she could appoint judges is if she won so he's speaking from a timeline of after the election. There's a remarkable dearth of voting going on at that point so what is he truly talking about?

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 05:19 PM
IDK--sounded off-the-cuff to me. No advisor in his or her right mind would tell Trump or any politician to use a line like that.

allegro
08-09-2016, 05:24 PM
The only way she could appoint judges is if she won so he's speaking from a timeline of after the election. There's a remarkable dearth of voting going on at that point so what is he truly talking about?

He is saying that if she wins, she will appoint SCOTUS justices who will take away the 2nd Amendment and there will be nothing anybody can do about it (again, totally impossible since SCOTUS judges don't pass laws; they interpret laws).

Except vote. Or shoot her if you're a 2nd Amendment proponent (he seemingly implies)

He is clearly trying to appeal to 2nd Amendment voters, here, but in a very inartful way. To put it mildly.

DigitalChaos
08-09-2016, 06:59 PM
BTW everybody, Trump fans on twitter are already claiming that he meant "they could outvote her." Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
its true that the is no other political force that really matches that of gun owners.... but even the people seated right behind him in that very video were shocked and look at each other with a "wow holy shit" exchange.

It doesn't have to go straight to assassination, just the threat of guns or just guns carried during protest can be enough to shift things.... but the person running for POTUS actively recommending insurrection is pretty fucked. Does he really think there arent a shitload of "second amendment people" who dislike him? Does he not think that sounded like an open invitation to unseat him if he got elected? Luckily, most of the 2A advocates who dislike trump aren't simultaneously dumb as fuck.

Conan The Barbarian
08-09-2016, 07:10 PM
I really hope there is a minority of people voting for him. There can't be that many fucking idiots in this country.

DigitalChaos
08-09-2016, 07:13 PM
I really hope there is a minority of people voting for him. There can't be that many fucking idiots in this country.

Well, considering how many people are fear-voting this election... there certainly are a lot of fucking idiots. There is certainly a subset of those idiots who fear-vote in opposition to Hillary.

Conan The Barbarian
08-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Im voting third party this year actually.

DigitalChaos
08-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Meanwhile, this is a pretty fucking stupid comment by Hillary. Maybe she should drone somebody about it.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160810/9a7bd568347ffaa7e54a02b576eaf5bf.jpg

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Matt Drudge is probably having a meltdown. Has anyone seen the Drudgereport lately?

Deepvoid
08-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Ryan just crushed Nehlen in his primary. Ann Coulter is probably going insane right now.

implanted_microchip
08-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Matt Drudge is probably having a meltdown. Has anyone seen the Drudgereport lately?
I stay far away for the sake of my own sanity but I would love to get a summary if you'd be willing to offer one.

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 09:41 PM
I stay far away for the sake of my own sanity but I would love to get a summary if you'd be willing to offer one.

1. Hillary is so frail she can't walk up a flight of stairs.
2. She personally invited the father of the Orlando shooter to her event and is proud to have his support.
3. A murdered DC staffer is behind the latest wikileaks.

DigitalChaos
08-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Don't forget the Iranian guy who was just killed because of Hillary's email server. That's actually legit and pretty fucked up.

GulDukat
08-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Don't forget the Iranian guy who was just killed because of Hillary's email server. That's actually legit and pretty fucked up.
It is not legit. There's no evidence that the two are connected.

On another note, what's lost in Trump's latest comments is that he lied about Clinton wanting to abolish the second ammendment.

"Hillary wants to take your guns away." Bullshit.

TheyCallMeDrug
08-09-2016, 11:24 PM
ive got a headache. a strong strong headache.

and i dont think it's going away until november 9th :(

implanted_microchip
08-09-2016, 11:43 PM
RhettButler in all fairness gun rights activists have been lying about those evil liberals wanting to take all their guns away for years now. Trump definitely is doing nothing new in peddling that crock of shit.

TheyCallMeDrug
08-10-2016, 12:12 AM
the only conspiracy theory ive ever considered buying into is that trump is tanking hard for a clinton win.

he just gets worse by the minute. every chance he gets he always chooses the wrong turn.

his pockets have to be getting fatter somehow. it's clear he's an egomaniac at this point but the trump brand has to be profiting somehow of this...right??

DigitalChaos
08-10-2016, 12:14 AM
It is not legit. There's no evidence that the two are connected.

absolute concrete evidence? nope, not at the moment. But there is a legitimate question about what just unfolded. I was mostly pointing out that this was left out from the list though.

"Hillary wants to take your guns away." Bullshit.

She sure does. She has said that Australia's gun confiscation & ban is worth looking at. Her own plan goes after a ban on "assault weapons" which is a pointless vague term defined on looks and it will result in people not having those weapons. The reasons she opposes Heller vs DC also indicates that she does not support the individual right to own firearms. Her own website shows (https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/gun-violence-prevention/) that she is in support of denying individuals access to guns without any due process.