PDA

View Full Version : NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS! (or, the things you'll do once or twice next week)

ibanez33
12-31-2014, 09:08 PM
My resolution is to quit smoking and instead put $50 a week into a separate bank account. By mid-year I'll have roughly $1200 and do something awesome this summer with it, and in case I should relapse and start smoking again, cigarette money is to come out of ONLY my badass summer account, and I'll still be forcing myself to put $50 in it weekly. I've got 4 other people in on the same idea so it should go well as long as we keep each other motivated and set a goal(s) for what to actually do with the saved money.

What are your plans for 2015?!?

Ryan
12-31-2014, 09:34 PM
To finally get my own place with my fiancé and our baby.

green
12-31-2014, 11:55 PM
This year I hope to find enough resolve to paint my mother a picture. Always tell myself I'll get around to it, but never do.

Ryan
01-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Will you paint it green?

green
01-01-2015, 02:37 AM
Will you paint it green?
What you did there... :P

elevenism
01-01-2015, 06:01 AM
i plan to make moves to get my shit together.
My mom says she will buy us a car if i get my driver's license.
I'm going to get a job, even if it's just at the dollar store. (there are only a few places in this town of 1900 where you can work.)
And once i get the car, i'm going to see about starting college.

We live here in the lap of luxury on old family money. All the bills are paid. We have musical equipment, a massive media library on roku, a killer flat screen tv, internet, computer, and can have damn near anything we want.

But we aren't DOING anything!

Lore turned 35 3 weeks ago and i will be 35 in 3 months.

It's time!

GibbonBlack
01-01-2015, 07:30 AM
I plan to finally get to end of The West Wing, I've been calling it my favourite show for years and haven't ever made it passed the 6th season. I know that seems low key but over the past 2 years I've quit smoking and drinking [not for resolutions though]. I want to take it easy this year

Edo
01-01-2015, 07:37 AM
I hope to stay sober and continue with my creative writing. And continue lurking on ETS :)

elevenism
01-01-2015, 07:40 AM
I plan to finally get to end of The West Wing, I've been calling it my favourite show for years and haven't ever made it passed the 6th season. I know that seems low key but over the past 2 years I've quit smoking and drinking [not for resolutions though]. I want to take it easy this year

is it pretty damn good? i need a new show.

GibbonBlack
01-01-2015, 09:51 AM
is it pretty damn good? i need a new show.

The first four seasons are simply outstanding. I honestly can't think of another show that's just as good to watch as the first four seasons of The West Wing. Then Aaron Sorkin left as head writer and he took all the fun with him. But I can't recommend those first four seasons enough

profane
01-01-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm going to keep walking the spiritual path I ended up on (not related to any religion) and instead of seeing a shrink I want to learn meditation. I've also lost my best friend about 5 months ago since she flew in a new relationship like crazy. I haven't heard from her since, even her family is kinda out of the loop. So I still have to deal with that and give it a place because no matter how devastating this is, it is what it is and I have to move on.

The_Prowler
01-01-2015, 10:23 AM
My resolution is to stop making dirty, innuendo laced jokes. But it's going to be hard...

Soooo hard.

fillow
01-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Learn to do shit so I can quit my job and go to a better one

Kid Charlemagne
01-01-2015, 10:45 AM
So, I'm sort of in a relationship right now, so I hope to make it last longer than two months. Also, I got a membership to Gold's Gym...so we'll see how that goes.

Halo Infinity
01-01-2015, 11:11 AM
1. Post less on forums and social media. (I can still admit that I've been overdoing it, and still admit that there are a lot of things that would've been far better off kept to myself or even forgotten.)

2. Lose more weight. I'm in the middle of working on it, and hope to succeed this time around, especially as I'm about to enter my 30s. And well, aside from new year's resolutions being easily broken like any other promises, it's hard to get a jump on that during the actual holidays, but I will eventually get a real jump on that soon.

3. Hopefully get a Nintendo Wii U, as I still didn't get a hold of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U yet.

4. Build a better network in real life, but that's also still up in the air for me as of now, but I'll still try, especially after realizing how that can help you look for work when you're not working, or even find better work while you're working. Networking really is like steroids for your resume.

5. If and whenever possible, try to make new friends, but in a clearly different way than I did when I was younger, and in case they're Nine Inch Nails fans, I'd also tell them about Echoing the Sound.

Copied and pasted from none other than this place... (http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/7292-Five-things-you-have-planned-want-to-do-next-year?p=182797&viewfull=1#post182797) :p

allegro
01-01-2015, 11:54 AM
1 Get off the social media grid completely (almost there)

2 Meditate 20 minutes daily

3 Eliminate (or, at least greatly reduce) sugar

4 Daily workouts again

5 Continue my cooking at home / limit eating out program

gorast
01-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Keep this blog (http://itunesatoz.wordpress.com) running, in some form, through December 31, 2015. I'm supposed to graduate in May, so that'll be a fun challenge if I manage to land on my feet with a "real" job.

EDIT: Wow, one of you guys tore through my blog; there's a huge view spike for today. Thanks!

millionmilesaway
01-01-2015, 12:28 PM
getting more serious with my studying is my #1 priority. I was a lazy A student in undergrad and have found out the hard way that that wont work this time around.

get back into rock climbing and weightlifting, and other fun activities (depending on how my knee surgery goes)

try to make some lasting friendships and reconnect with old friends

get my cat over to the UK with me

virushopper
01-01-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm going to travel more this year.

Last year, I only went out of town twice for NIN and Tool shows but other than that it was work/home/repeat mode.

GlitchyFlame
01-01-2015, 02:57 PM
My resolution is to try to not contract AIDS.

Dra508
01-01-2015, 03:19 PM
1 Get off the social media grid completely (almost there)
ETS is social.

I'm going to work on my procrastination problem soon.

icecream
01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Be more open minded to activities other people want to do; don't always resort to "no". I have a bad habit of saying no to other people's ideas, even when they are good. But only when I'm close to that person. If they are a stranger I try to go out of my way to get them to like me. It isn't right and I really want to fix it.

Try and go full vegetarian instead of sneaking in meat every once in a while. (I don't have any willpower)

Millionaire
01-02-2015, 12:20 PM
1. Quit overthinking things, and start things sooner to get them done. I tend to waste time running stuff over and over in my head.

2. Related to 1: Work on a personal project I've been putting off. Do it on a regular schedule.

3. Run regularly. Get to the point where I can run 3-4 miles without stopping.

4. Get regular sleep. When its sleep time, stop everything and just hit the sack.

5. Related to 4: Try not to get easily irritated by people's shit. Gets a lot worse with bad sleep.

6. Speak easy, and say what I want in the way I want to say it without being too worried about how its perceived.

7. Ask the little lady an important question. Gawd, I hope she doesn't read this somehow.

Ryan
01-02-2015, 12:25 PM
1. Quit overthinking things, and start things sooner to get them done. I tend to waste time running stuff over and over in my head.

6. Speak easy, and say what I want in the way I want to say it without being too worried about how its perceived.

These are very good.

Marie
01-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Not a resolution as such, as it is something I began doing last year too, but making more time with family and friends and enjoy stuff in general. That and keep losing weight, have hit a plateau due to a prolapsed disc 8 weeks ago. So I think a bit of gentle exercise alongside my physiotherapy won't hurt!

Sarah K
01-02-2015, 12:56 PM
*Start school in either the summer or fall. Even if I never use my degree, I still want to complete it... Just because.
*Lose 50 pounds
*Be better at letting new people into my life. I've really improved at this in the last couple of years, but I still have some room to get better.
*Attend this 5 day kinky camping event in June!

Rubeninphoenix
01-02-2015, 02:56 PM
1.) Go to the gym more often. I think in the whole of 2014, I used my membership less than 10 times so that was a colossal waste of $20 a month for pretty much the whole year.
2.) I will use the book I got through our Secret Santa and learn to play my awesome guitar that I dropped a bunch of money on (despite not knowing how to play).
3. Much like Sarah, I do wanna get back to school. I haven’t attended a college class since 2013 and sadly, it shows sometimes cause I feel a bit dull intellectually.

GibbonBlack
12-16-2015, 06:59 PM

I haven't watched a single new episode...

How are you all doing on yours?

ldopa
12-17-2015, 03:32 AM
^lmao

if i drank less, i'd save money, be nicer, and be a more accomplished person. but i never promise anything.

Edo
12-17-2015, 04:28 AM
I hope to stay sober and continue with my creative writing. And continue lurking on ETS :)

Accomplished on all counts. Sober, disciplined, creative and still lurking on ETS. :D

Is it a year already? My, how time flies...

Halo Infinity
12-17-2015, 04:03 PM
To try to use forums and social media in general less and less as far as posting goes. It seems to have been working out more and more. I'd still dabble via lurking anyway.

To try to swear less and less. I don't think I could give it up profanity altogether forever and ever though, but I haven't been doing it as much. (Oh yes, and eat slower. Eating quicker actually increases the chances of me consuming a larger quantity of food anyway.)

To eat less and less. I actually used to be able to eat a lot more 5 to 10 years ago, so I suppose that's somewhat a good sign, and that I simply still should've been eating less to start with.