PDA

View Full Version : E-Cigs, Vaporizers and such

elevenism
12-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Do you vape?
This vaping thing is a new frontier.
We can discuss the best vaporizers, e cigs and e pens, whether you use them for nicotine or hash oil.

I tried several of the ones that look like cigarettes, but the nicotine content was never high enough for me.

Now i use this thing.
http://i.imgur.com/NNLeOVt.png

i've had a few of them made by Kanger Tech, but they just stopped working.
i went to amarillo to the vape store, but they were closed by the time i got there, so i settled for a "shitty" one from wal-mart.
Oddly enough, this one ($30 or so) works better than the higher priced ones i've tried.
I bought three of them so i will always have a battery ready.
And i finally found a company that sells a 4.8% juice...that's the strength i needed to quit smoking.
I haven't had a smoke in like five days, and i usually smoke about thirty filterless cigs a day.

Now the big question is how much safer are these things?
I've read all manner of conflicting reports, some stating that they are 99% safer, others saying that they are awful for you.
I know it can't be GOOD for you, but i'm putting my money on the idea that it's quite a bit better than smoking.
I can damn sure breathe better.

So what is everyone's experience with these things?
What is the best brand of vaporizer and the best kind and flavors of "juice?"

jessamineny
12-21-2014, 01:46 PM
There are a whole bunch of subreddits on reddit
1 (http://www.reddit.com/r/ecig_vendors/)
2 (http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/)
3 (http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/)

Kazahel
12-21-2014, 09:52 PM
I've just started on these in the last month or so. I bought a couple of starter kits to help my girlfriend quit smoking. She was coughing really bad for a few months(so not really healing from a cold) and after swapping to these(and not smoking cigs) it made her cough go away within the week. So from what I've seen they seem to be not as bad at least. Problem is now I love them and I've never been much of a tobacco smoker. So by trying to help her quit I've taken up vaping.

Anyway we started with the Kanger T3D's and I bought some 18mg coffee flavours which we've almost gone through. So I've got some other flavours coming in soon which are just 6mg so hopefully my girlfriend will adjust to the lower milligrams. She was smoking reds before, so 16mg, then I bought the 18mg juice because I wanted it to be strong enough to get her off the cigs, so its going to be quiet a drop this time. I plan to then sometime buy the flavours with no nicotine in it at all and just not tell her.

It was interesting over the weekend, after going almost 3 weeks without a cig she bought a packet of reds and neither of us liked them. They tasted really dry and pretty yuck compared to the coffee vape. So she said she actually likes the vaping better now where at the start she didn't get the fix as quick from the vape and rathered cigs. So I don't think she will be as tempted to buy another packet now. She loves her little "puffer" as she calls it.

elevenism
12-22-2014, 12:11 AM
I plan to then sometime buy the flavours with no nicotine in it at all and just not tell her.

good for you man.
i kinda wish someone would do this for me.
but i'm sure i'd notice...like i said, it took the 48 for me to quit, and you have to order that shit from china.

I'm pretty sure that these things are WAY better for you than smoking...i've read quite a few studies.

Some of them just want to raise hell because they are proving that the juices are SOMEWHAT harmful.

But i would like to get as healthy as i can...i hope i can stay off real cigs, and in some time, drop the vape pen too.
It DOES have nicotine of course, and that in and of itself is bad for you.

But i fucking LOVE the thing too man, i'm vaping all damn day :p

Conan The Barbarian
12-22-2014, 01:42 AM
Been on that kick as well. Though its hard. At least with a CIG, it ends till the next one. In keep puffing on this vape at times.

Rubeninphoenix
12-22-2014, 09:33 AM
I used to have a vape until I quit smoking two years back. However, I think that habit has reared its ugly head again (I blame going out on this) and I might have to take a look at what’s on the market now. I liked that you could have the various cigarette flavored e-juices (think Marlboro Red, Camel Royal Turkish, Newport Menthol, etc) as well as the fruity stuff like strawberry cheesecake, tiramisu, etc.

Clownboat
12-22-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm a novice in the whole vaping scene, but it's a hobby with some insane depth. A handful of the most knowledgeable and obsessive people I know that are into vaping are former smokers that either use 3mg or zero nicotine juice. These are the guys going apeshit over tinkering with their mods and are getting started rebuilding atomizers and whatnot. It's unbelievably arcane to me at this stage, but I respect it a lot, not only because it keeps these folks from ever wanting to light a cigarette again, but as a tinkerer at heart, I totally get the obsession.

Me, I've got a basic battery (Kanger VV) and a solid tank (Kanger Mini Protank 3) and I'm happy where I am without going headfirst into the custom stuff. I started on 18mg nicotine, but swapped to 6mg when I realized that I used them the same amount and all 18mg did was burn my throat a bit.

If you want to quit smoking and find a sweet hobby in the process, this is a fun way to do it, but this is something I know even non-smokers can really get into.

elevenism
12-23-2014, 06:23 PM
i am still confused about the number...mg vs percent or whatever the fuck it is.

the site i use sells 6, 12, 18, 24, 36, and 48 mg...but mg per what?
and then it lists them as .6, 1.2, 1.8 etc percent.

i have to have the 48 :/

can't be fucking good for you, but i usually smoke like 30 or 40 smokes a day and i bite the filters out.

ever since i found that 48mg juice, i quit.

oh yeah, Clownboat , the mods...a kid came up to me at the hospital the other day and gave me a card for his vape shop...and he had this massive fucking box instead of the battery.

that's all i've seen of it.

Calla lily
12-25-2014, 08:50 PM
I've been vaping for over a year. I use 3 or 6 mg, which is what I started with. I smoked about a half a pack a day of lights, or more depending. I have a few rebuildables but haven't been using them much lately, going back to simple tanks or dripping for the ease. I'll admit I have a ton of tanks and several batteries, my go to battery is currently a KSD Kmax. I will occasionally bum a few smokes when at a party with lots of other smokers, but for daily use, vaping works for me. And I feel so much better. When I smoked, I wouldn't exercise at all. I had smoked for 20+ years, except when pregnant and nursing my 2 kids. I eventually want to give up vaping too, but I'm in no rush.

elevenism
01-17-2015, 10:53 PM
i love it. i love it so fucking much.

i think i'm more addicted to it than i ever was to cigs, and i hope it is proven to be WAY, WAY better for you in the coming years.

elevenism
02-09-2015, 06:13 PM
well, i got an upgrade...a "vision spinner 2."
it's a big ass battery that allows you to select the voltage and regulate the heat.
i also got a much nicer tank.

the result is much, much bigger hits with less "flooding" and hassle.
it makes the juice go quicker, but i love it. :)

JessicaSarahS
02-09-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm a nonsmoker that got into vaping last year. I would smoke maybe 1-2 cigarettes a year, if that, but something about vaping draws me in. I started with an EVOD eGo battery and now I have an iTaste MVP 2.0. I love Kanger Protanks and EVOD glass and usually stick with those. I tried the iClear 30 before, but it would flood way too much. I get most of my juice from either a local shop here, or Mt Baker Vapor: http://www.mtbakervapor.com/electronic-cigarette-nicotine-juice/ They give a free juice with every order and their bubble gum and Faux Hawk flavors are so yummy. I use 3mg.

Louie_Cypher
02-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Curious if anyone has an opinion on any of these http://www.bestclearomizer.com/top-10-best-starter-kits-of-2014/
-Louie

heavenly_bearded
02-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Much like an E-cig/vaporizer pen used for nicotine being the "new frontier" of cigarettes, BHO(butane hash oil) is the "new frontier" for cannabis. I tried 'dabs' for the first time a few months back with some friends, I would never go back to smoking flowers unless I saw solid scientific fact that it does any kind of damage to your body. As far as everything I have read goes... When properly purged and all butane is removed by vacuum purging, smoking BHO is the purest form of THC. I prefer dabs over flowers for many reasons. The smell, the taste, the high, the clean-up(resin/ashes). Rather than smoking a joint or couple of bowls/bongs, you only have to take 1 nice dab to get the job done.

When I'm at home I have a honeycomb glass vaporizer with a quartz nail. I find that the quartz heats faster, cools faster, and cleans up a lot easier than titanium.

While I'm on the go, I use a MicroG Pen vaporizer seen here: http://www.gpen.com/products/microg-vaporizer If it involves cannabis, and Snoop Dogg endorses it, it's probably quality. I have only purchased 1 kit that comes with 2 pens and tools/jars. Both pens and atomizers have lasted since I got them and have not fried out(unlike myself) like many others I have read about. I only have to charge it about once a week, you can take about 100 rips on 1 charge. I have not had to clean them yet but they do get a bit gooey. This pen works very well for me so I see no need to try any others.

On the rare occasion that I do want to smoke some flowers, I use this Snoop Dogg brand G-Pen Ground seen here: http://www.gpen.com/products/snoopdogg again, if it's cannabis related and Snoop Dogg endorses it, it's probably quality. This herbal vaporizer works great. Also provides about 100 rips on a single charge. The cleanup on these is a bit tedious. As opposed to the BHO resin, flower resin is much dirtier and stinkier. The other downfall to this pen is that half way through smoking, you have to open it and stir. Not exactly the best tool if you're trying to be incognito.

I'm going to stick with my MicroG Pen for hash oil until I hear of something better, but as far as I have read, heard, and observed, it is the way to go. My wife and I are going to the Cannabis Cup on 4/20 in Denver, from what I have heard they have all kinds of things to try. In the event that I find something better there, I may decide to give it a try. Until then I am sticking with Grenco Science.

elevenism
02-11-2015, 12:25 AM
heavenly_bearded, it strikes me that when you get in to something, you are IN TO IT, balls to the walls.

i get my juice from http://www.e-cig.com/

it comes from china which kinda scares me, but it's insanely cheap and they have the strongest juice i have seen....4.8 or 48 or whatever.

elevenism
03-08-2015, 06:34 AM
ok now i have i nice big vision spinner 2 battery and an aspire battery, both big as hell and adjustable.

but i need to know the correct answer to "what is the best tank?"

my tank has started sputtering and spitting the e juice.

StopRemembering
03-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Curious if anyone has an opinion on any of these http://www.bestclearomizer.com/top-10-best-starter-kits-of-2014/
-Louie
I got into vaping when I grabbed one of those $10 EVOD blister pack kits about a year ago, they're a fine, inexpensive way to see if it's something you'd be into. Don't think I've tried anything else that's specifically listed on that page but all of the cig-alikes I tried prior to picking up an EVOD were kinda shitty & unsatisfying. The EVOD actually made me not want to smoke anymore, which surprised me.

ok now i have i nice big vision spinner 2 battery and an aspire battery, both big as hell and adjustable.

but i need to know the correct answer to "what is the best tank?"

my tank has started sputtering and spitting the e juice.

What kind of tank are you using now? I used to have that problem with my Kanger Aerotank V1, thought it happened because the coils were wearing out so I wound up replacing them constantly. Eventually I realized it was because the coils would randomly come loose & liquid would leak down into the base of the tank & get sucked up into the airway. Usually I'd take a q-tip, pick the cotton apart so it was small enough to slip into the airway & clean it out, then remove the coil from the base & use another q-tip to soak up the liquid that had seeped down into there. It was kind of annoying to do but worked well enough. Other than that the Aerotank was really great, the liquid capacity was good & being able to adjust the airflow was fun because it allows you to control the amount of vapor & intensity of flavour you get out of your liquid. Kanger put out a new slightly redesigned version of that tank recently, it should work with the batteries you have so you might want to check it out.

I recently upgraded from an Aerotank V1 & Kanger IPow 2 Variable Wattage battery to a Kanger Subtank Mini & an iStick 50W, the difference is akin to switching from a motorized scooter to a fighter jet. Loads & loads of vapor production & super intense flavour compared to my last set up, been using it for about a month & I'm super happy. The iStick auto-detects the ohm rating of whatever coil you're using & lets you adjust both wattage & voltage so you can optimize the vapor/flavour output easily, and at 4400mah the battery lasts forever. The Subtank uses special (super expensive) coils but comes with an interchangeable rebuildable base so I've started dabbling with building my own coils, it's fun if you like to tinker & damn useful if you want to save money. Only thing that sucks about this setup is the 12mg nicotine liquids I have are now useless because the throat hit on them is too harsh, same with any liquids that are less than 60% VG. All in all a worthwhile trade off though, I go through liquid like water & have been meaning to step down the nicotine so it was time to re-up anyhow.

elevenism
03-09-2015, 01:55 AM
mine is a evod2. it mysteriously started working again.

but in between i figured out you can take apart the cartridges from the "blu" style ones and refill those fuckers with e juice. i wish i had known that a long time ago. i have them laying around everywhere and, man, the size is attractive, as is not having to press the button.

Kazahel
03-09-2015, 04:35 AM
I've now been using an Aspire Atlantis on a 30w box mod(Cloudpor mini) and its pretty good. Goes through the juice quick though but the amount of clouds are fun. I'm on 6mg for now but next time I order some more juice I'll probably drop that down to 3mg.

Louie_Cypher
03-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Thank for the feedback guys, helps a lot
-Louie

elevenism
03-12-2015, 09:27 PM
hey thanks StopRemembering . i've been cleaning it with a q tip and it helps.

but seriously, i LOVE being able to reuse the little ones...you know, the cig sized ones?

as far as 30w and 50w mods, i worry that the hotter it gets, the more chance there is of releasing shit that's bad for you and defeating the purpose

Amaro
04-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Anybody try Pinup Vapors juice? I had to have Betty once I smelled my TV repairman vaping it.

reznovka
04-05-2016, 03:43 AM
I'm vaping a mixture of kiwi fruit, apple and menthol with this beast (ELeaf iStick TC 100W w/ GS-Air-M heads)
http://www.3fvape.com/65453-thickbox_default/authentic-eleaf-istick-tc100w-100w-tc-vw-variable-wattage-box-mod-grey-1100w-100315-c-200600-c-1-2-x-18650.jpg
Still trying to quit smoking cigarettes, because we stopped smoking in our apartment when we got our dog, but right now I am vaping inside and smoking outside.

slave2thewage
05-06-2016, 12:58 PM
I got a arc Mini last week and I love it so much. I had a pen for a while, but it was never that effective.

Currently rockin' the watermelon juice - delicious.

Substance242
05-24-2016, 03:36 PM
BBC Horizon 2016 E Cigarettes Miracle or Menace

"Michael Mosley investigates the dramatic rise in e-cigarettes. They're everywhere these days, but what does the latest scientific research on them reveal? Michael reveals what e-cigarettes are really doing to your health. Are they really better for you than cigarettes? What is actually in them? Is passive vapour harmful? And can they really stop you from smoking? Michael meets some of the scientists around the world studying them, asks a group of volunteers to try to give up smoking regular cigarettes using them, and even takes up 'vaping' himself, smoking an e-cigarette every day for a month to see the effects on his own health - no easy task for such a committed non-smoker."

...and bonus, doc contains excerpts from Depeche Mode instrumental versions Damaged People and Sinner In Me. :-) Btw, I am smoker (about 7 a day) and I am eyeing this road, just need to select some good hw and "sw" source. Maybe not menthol though. ;-)

Substance242
07-08-2016, 12:14 PM
So, I was eyeing this stuff for some time, but wanted to choose something not online but in person, and voila - we have shop in my work town, so today I went there and decided for... iStick Pico (http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-pico-kit-firmware-upgradeable/). I am INTJ so intuition took a part in the deciding process :-), and I was pleasantly surprised when I googled it later and found this thing has firmware update - cool! And it can display your own logo - so of course I quickly uploaded 96x16 "NIN". And oh yes, it feels really nice but I'm an absolute beginner, just watch this glorious girl testing it (I had no idea about youtube reviews before buying neither).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrGA1RHvGmc
Plus 6 mg Liqua Overdrive and Liqua Frutti Velocity for a start. OK, now going to study the manual... ;-)

elevenism
07-08-2016, 04:15 PM
after i guess a couple of years, i finally went from a pen to a square battery.
It's called an Itaste MVP. It doesn't really say Taste it, Love it on there. It's not a mod, but it DOES hit a whole helluva lot harder than my round batteries and it has two different power controls. Also the battery life is like at least 3 times that of my big round Aspire batteries.
And those shiny crystally things are made by Swarovski, which is fucking hilarious and awesome.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/tylerlankford11/vape_zpswabugsv7.jpeg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/tylerlankford11/media/vape_zpswabugsv7.jpeg.html)

Amaro
07-15-2016, 06:44 AM
after i guess a couple of years, i finally went from a pen to a square battery.
It's called an Itaste MVP. It doesn't really say Taste it, Love it on there. It's not a mod, but it DOES hit a whole helluva lot harder than my round batteries and it has two different power controls. Also the battery life is like at least 3 times that of my big round Aspire batteries.
And those shiny crystally things are made by Swarovski, which is fucking hilarious and awesome.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/tylerlankford11/vape_zpswabugsv7.jpeg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/tylerlankford11/media/vape_zpswabugsv7.jpeg.html)

Solid product. Feels good in the hand! Leonardo DiCaprio has been spotted using the Innokin MVP 3 or 4 (with some kind of Kangertech tank). So hot right now. :P

My ex-bandmate found an Innokin Itazte MVP 2 on the stage of a venue before we played last October, and I've been hanging onto it ever since. I used it early on this year but not much since I got an Innokin Itazte vv 3 (pen), which is more of my style. However, more recently my mom utilized the MVP 2 USB charging option for her iPhone when we were heading out to a restaurant ("Here, mom, take this.") I think it's still one of the very few pieces if not only piece of vape equipment designed to charge other devices. Pretty nift. Only makes sense.

reznovka
07-16-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm vaping a mixture of kiwi fruit, apple and menthol with this beast (ELeaf iStick TC 100W w/ GS-Air-M heads)
http://www.3fvape.com/65453-thickbox_default/authentic-eleaf-istick-tc100w-100w-tc-vw-variable-wattage-box-mod-grey-1100w-100315-c-200600-c-1-2-x-18650.jpg
Still trying to quit smoking cigarettes, because we stopped smoking in our apartment when we got our dog, but right now I am vaping inside and smoking outside.

Still a great thing but make sure you use the right coils:D
Killed 5 coils and 1 Head (?) by using 1.2 Ohm instead of my typical 1.5 Ohm. Tasted like an exhaust pipe after 30 years of constant driving...
Now I am back in track with my apple-kiwi-menthol Taste <3

PS: Quit smoking 6 days ago. Just vaping for me now :)

Harry Seaward
09-07-2016, 05:38 PM
How have I never seen this thread?

I'm still using my IPV3 that's almost two years old. It's realllly very simple and don't have any features, but it's a workhorse and it's still powering through all the shit I've put it through.

Yesterday I upgraded my TFV4 (http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv4) to the new TFV8 (http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/the-tfv8-cloud-beast). And holy shit, it's a 'Cloud Beast' indeed. I got it for $30 with a Labor Day coupon. It comes with a V8-T8 0.15ohm octuple coil (50W - 260W, recommended 120W - 180W) and a V8-Q4 quadruple 0.15ohm coil (50W - 180W, recommended 90W - 150W) and also a V8-RBA RBA head. The RBA head came with a prebuilt double clapton coil that looks like a total monster.

Now, I vaped my TFV4 at 100W on the octuple clapton coil. When I got the TFV4 I thought "holy shit, this thing is ridiculous, these coils are fucking huge and handle super high wattages like nothing" and was incredibly impressed. So let me say, this TFV8 blows the older model out of the fucking water. I've been vaping the V8-Q4 at 125W and it's chugging along perfectly. It's seriously amazing. When I started vaping a few years ago, this kind of shit was completely unheard of. Even around last year, vaping over 100W on a tank was a recipe for a completely fucking burnt coil in a day. Now this thing comes along and can handle 260W?? Fuck.

So if there's anybody in here who's past the little 50W mods and simple, cheap tanks, I seriously recommend this tank. I originally quit vaping and returned to cigarettes last year because I was sick of using RDAs because they were too much of a pain in the ass for me. And at the time there were no tanks that could handle the power I needed. Now, this TFV8 absolutely 100% blows away a lot of RDAs.

https://i.imgur.com/iGrDR3N.jpg

Substance242
03-21-2017, 12:42 PM
So, I am using "normal" Eleaf iStick Pico 75W, for which I bought Melo RT22 sometime ago and was perfectly happy with, and because I decided I need TWO devices, I bought Eleaf Aster RT, which also has Melo RT22, and for 50 € I could hardly get something better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD527sOvzl0

And so far the best liquid I tried is Five Pawns "Kibitzer", not the cheapest but 30 ml lasts me several weeks...

Also, I discovered an Arctic Fox, alternative firmware, yay! This is stuff I love, and if your device is compatible, just shut up and update and get setting all the battery, vaping, everything curves, back up your settings, have clock running... anything. Beautiful. :-D
http://nfeteam.org/

Btw, that trend of going to 150 megawatts and big tanks etc is kinda stupid.

Harry Seaward
03-24-2017, 03:00 PM
So, I am using "normal" Eleaf iStick Pico 75W, for which I bought Melo RT22 sometime ago and was perfectly happy with, and because I decided I need TWO devices, I bought Eleaf Aster RT, which also has Melo RT22, and for 50 € I could hardly get something better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD527sOvzl0

And so far the best liquid I tried is Five Pawns "Kibitzer", not the cheapest but 30 ml lasts me several weeks...

Also, I discovered an Arctic Fox, alternative firmware, yay! This is stuff I love, and if your device is compatible, just shut up and update and get setting all the battery, vaping, everything curves, back up your settings, have clock running... anything. Beautiful. :-D
http://nfeteam.org/

150 Megawatts? That's not a thing.

150 watts is a thing. But how's your 75 watt mod? Pretty cool?

You know what's weird? People on a 12 watt mod would also say your 75 watt mod is stupid and unnecessary. It's hilarious, every single vaper in the world thinks "man, people who vape on anything remotely stronger or more powerful than my particular mod are so stupid." This may shock you, but some people like different things.

Personally, I think vaping on 75 watts is stupid. What's the point? Might as well vape a shitty little gas station pen if you're going to stay so low.

kdrcraig
03-31-2017, 09:55 AM
So, I am using "normal" Eleaf iStick Pico 75W, for which I bought Melo RT22 sometime ago and was perfectly happy with

How do you like that mod? I think there's something wrong with my Coolfire IV Plus, been getting a lot of burnt hits, and am thinking about getting a new mod. Don't think I'd mess with the temperature control feature on it, just use around 40W.

Substance242
03-31-2017, 10:14 AM
I am pretty happy with both Pico and newer Aster RT, both with Melo RT22. But I don't know much else, because almost everybody around me has Pico too (but I was the first one! smile)... :-)

kdrcraig
03-31-2017, 11:23 AM
I am pretty happy with both Pico and newer Aster RT, both with Melo RT22. But I don't know much else, because almost everybody around me has Pico too (but I was the first one! smile)... :-)

Cool. Did you have to buy 2 batteries for it or is charging it while the battery is in the mod good enough? Don't want to buy more than I have to just because the website I'm looking at suggests to buy a bunch of shit from them for it. Ha.

Edit: Asked around on reddit. Ordered a single battery for now. Can't wait for everything to arrive because my coolfire is pissing me off.

elevenism
04-07-2017, 02:34 AM
My problem with this shit is that i smoke on it like a fucking crack head. I HAVE to have the motherfucking thing ALL THE TIME or i panic.

elevenism
05-08-2017, 06:25 PM
has anyone tried slowly lowering the nicotine content of your juice? i wanna do that.

kdrcraig
05-23-2017, 10:56 AM
has anyone tried slowly lowering the nicotine content of your juice? i wanna do that.

I've slowly lowered my nicotine content down to 1.5mg since I started vaping in October. The only time I really would get a jonesing was when I first went down to that from 3mg, otherwise I didn't even notice a difference.

Substance242
09-06-2017, 05:18 AM

Hi, me from the past. Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying 300W Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 with big SMOK TFV8 (yes, that colour choice was mine, heh) and my favourite Kibitzer liquid, latest Arctic Fox firmware, three LG HG2 and charger, and it's all pretty good! :-)
http://www.imgup.cz/images/2017/09/06/IMG_20170906_114840.jpg

Update: Whatever I try to fix and tighten, the TFV8 is leaking massively, so not enjoying much now. Got some more ideas to try.

Another update: Leaks fixed, maybe? I disassembled everything once again, and I fill the tank with the air holes fully closed, put that optional plastic red or black ring over at the top where the tank opens (my silly idea), then take a few difficult puffs, only then open air about one half. So far, so good. But I wish I could take these things with me out and not worry about anything.