PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - Amsterdam / Heineken Music Hall 2014 - DVD

ZootZap
12-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone:),

since autumn i'm working on an edit of AMSTERDAM Heineken Music Hall on 27.05.2014.
There are so many very good videos on YouTube, that I couldn't resist :rolleyes: and on top of this, there is a real good audio source on-hand!
I asked every uploader/filmer on YouTube for the originals, but I got no single reply! Times are changing... when I did the Wave Goodbye Manchester show, I had a bunch of pm's in my mail-box. I'm a bit sad that it doesn't work this time. On the other hand, the uploads have better quality meanwhile.

Here is the full concert. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwpktRJayP4

Torrent link for the MP4-file:
https://kickass.to/nine-inch-nails-live-at-heineken-music-hall-in-amsterdam-27-05-2014-t10281216.html

MEGA link for the DVD:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!XokyBbJA!IYi9cVZtK6t9ubbmGpBRvw

Let me know if something is not working as intended.

Audio source:
http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2014/20140527.html

____

At least some final words (not mine) from the audio taper (I. McD):

"If you're looking for a definitive document of Nine Inch Nails live in 2014, this might just be it."

IMO fitting words. Not just regarding the audio quality, also because of the fully visuals and flawless performance of the band!

____

Camille
12-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Loved your work on the Wiltern 2009 dvd, good luck with this and I look forward to it.

ZootZap
12-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Loved your work on the Wiltern 2009 dvd.

Thank you!

good luck with this and I look forward to it.

I hope the expectations are not too high!
This time I'm more focused on the visuals.

For now, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

ZootZap
01-21-2015, 04:19 PM
One question, cause I don't get it.

The dates in 2014 (like Amsterdam) are they also part of the Tension Tour?

Short update: I'm in the stadium of "nagging" doubts and think that I should rework EVERYTHING.
Best, I will do nothing for the next 2 weeks.... by then:)

wizfan
01-22-2015, 04:32 AM
Yay! ZootZap strikes back!!!

zaph1000
01-22-2015, 07:39 AM
One question, cause I don't get it.

The dates in 2014 (like Amsterdam) are they also part of the Tension Tour?

No, I believe only the US tour leg with the 8-piece band was called Tension. Don't know if the other tour legs even had official names.

implanted_microchip
01-22-2015, 10:00 AM
No, I believe only the US tour leg with the 8-piece band was called Tension. Don't know if the other tour legs even had official names.

Yeah, it was a lot like the "Performance 2007" touring, where it was essentially just Nine Inch Nails Europe 2014, Nine Inch Nails Latin America 2014, etc. Even the US tour was simply Nine Inch Nails North America 2014 and looked like "Nine North Inch American Nails 2014" according to everyone I know who has seen the official poster for it.

ZootZap
01-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Yay! ZootZap strikes back!!!
;)

@zaph1000 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4164) & @kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417)
Thanks for the clarification! So I have to revise the intro.

ZootZap
02-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Everything is done!
Today I will take a last look at the edit. Hopefully everything is ok.

Now my question: how to share/distribute the two files?
Piratebay, I used as torrent platform is dead...
1. Does anybody know an other torrent site?
My upload speed is relatively low, so uploading will take some time, when I'm the only seeder in the beginning.

On the other hand, many files are uploaded on MEGA now.
I have no experience with this platform.
2. Do I have to make a zip file before uploading?
On MEGA it would be just my time go by for uploading (as opposed to torrent.)

I also contemplate to share the show on YouTube first, so everyone can take a look before downloading.
Meanwhile there are so many good edits from NIN shows in circulation, so the "consuming" changed...

PS. for Gave Up I made a slide show

otnavuskire
02-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Piratebay, I used as torrent platform is dead...

Pirate Bay has been back for a few weeks now. Kickass.to is probably the second most popular site.

zaph1000
02-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Everything is done!
Today I will take a last look at the edit. Hopefully everything is ok.

On the other hand, many files are uploaded on MEGA now.
I have no experience with this platform.
2. Do I have to make a zip file before uploading?
On MEGA it would be just my time go by for uploading (as opposed to torrent.)

Sounds great ZootZap. Really looking forward to it.

Re: MEGA. Yes and yes.
Yes. The MEGA server has restrictions on the file size, meaning that you would normally have to multipart-zip a HD movie to make it fit these restrictions. But nowadays multi-zipping and -unzipping is rather easy with the right tools at hand.
Yes. When you have uploaded the files to MEGA is is basically a question of sharing the link to the shared folder and you are good to go. Your job is done and everyone else can download from the MEGA server.

Let me know you need further details. Carry on the good work. Very exciting.

witte
02-15-2015, 10:25 AM
-kickass.to- would be great!

ZootZap
02-19-2015, 04:24 AM
Hi,
wanted to release the show today but my PC functions not properly, so first I have to fix this!
This will take some time.... probably up to next weekend.

niggo
02-19-2015, 04:29 AM
Did you manage to get any extra footage which can't be found on YouTube? Did you get any raw footage?

Looking forward! :)

zaph1000
02-19-2015, 06:56 AM
Hi,
wanted to release the show today but my PC functions not properly, so first I have to fix this!
This will take some time.... probably up to next weekend.

As long as nothing is lost, then no harm done. :)

ZootZap
02-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Did you manage to get any extra footage which can't be found on YouTube? Did you get any raw footage?

Looking forward! :)

No raw footage, just the videos from YouTube.

ZootZap
02-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Finally everything is uploaded!

I choosed different releases.
For the mp4 file I choosed torrent, as it is more "official". People need no explicit link and can find it easily on the torrent site.
Piratebay is alive again, but I couldn't upload so I decided to go to Kickass.to
If Kickass wouldn't kick ass ;-) anymore, I could still upload on MEGA.

Nowadays (I think) people prefer mp4 files but there are still people with DVD players.
Therefore I uploaded the DVD version on MEGA.
It's easier to get without being dependent on seeders, as this version may not be so heavily frequented.

AND the whole show is up on YouTube now. If you wanna just take a look or watch the concert without downloading.

witte
02-27-2015, 01:22 PM
many many thanks, man. a nice document to archive. specially, because i'm in the spotlight several times... great job!

zaph1000
02-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Great. Thanks ZootZap. Looking forward to seeing this when downloaded.

Camille
02-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Thank you very much for this, good work!

zaph1000
03-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi ZootZap,

Had a chance to watch your creation last night and I must say that it is a fantastic piece of work! Easily the best fan video edit from the European tour leg so far.

Thanks very much for your efforts with this.

aloisius
03-02-2015, 05:28 AM
congratulations and winning the nin-oscar 2015 for the best fan-made-video in film editing

thanx

ZootZap
03-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Wow! Thanks for the more than flattering words. That's music to my ears!

When I'm sitting in front of my PC and being the only judge... watching the show over and over again through the editing process.... in the end you don't know anymore if it really works/resonates with others.

stefler
04-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Thank you very much ZootZap for your effort on that tour document. It was a great concert and one of my loudest concerts I've attended. Cheers.
A very good choice to take Ian McD. audio recording for it.

R37R0
04-17-2015, 10:27 AM
Good effort! thanks

ZootZap
04-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Thank you very much ZootZap for your effort on that tour document. It was a great concert and one of my loudest concerts I've attended. Cheers.
A very good choice to take Ian McD. audio recording for it.

Your recording was also great especially as you've been very close to the stage, I think. But Ian McD's recording was unbeatable!

Yes, it was a great concert with some special kind of atmosphere, even I don't really know (up to this day) what it really made so special.
Maybe everything was simply right at it's time and place... if this makes sense :confused: in English (and even translated German ;))