PDA

View Full Version : Hallowe'en!

ibanez33
10-14-2014, 02:51 AM
It's that time of year again, less than 3 weeks from the big night already! What are you all wearing and doing? Have you spent all year painstakingly putting together an elaborate costume, or are you just gonna wing it and throw something together at the last minute (my usual choice). Going to a big party or event, or staying home to hand out candy and spook some kids?

I myself have actually got my shit together a bit early for once, so my Raoul Duke costume is on point and I'm going to a party with my buddy who'll be dressed as Doctor Gonzo. I'll post some pics of my costume in a few days, just gotta find the socks & shoes to complete the look.

Let's see your costumes!

Khrz
10-14-2014, 03:00 AM
God I wish France had picked up on that. Not that our corporate overlords didn't try, but it was too much of a cultural gap, to many things to implement at once, and our own Mardi Gras' attendance has already been dropping in the recent years (or maybe I just realized it never was that big when you're not a kid).

slave2thewage
10-14-2014, 05:18 AM
I'm staying in this year. My sister's 21st is a few days later, so I gotta buy her a gift and then go out and stuff. Yay, pizza and a horror movie all-nighter though.

playwithfire
10-14-2014, 06:23 AM
I've been letting my Halloween enthusiasm run wild at work, where we'll be having our yearly costume contest and Halloween Beer Bash (I have turned every beer bash, yes we have one every Friday because my job is wonderful, this month into a spooky one and we've been watching movies and drinking themed cocktails) but I don't have any plans past that yet.

Also I put up decorations on October 1st.

My costume this year will be this:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/08/86/d3/0886d39779d2e654035edb8dd7a6e747.jpg

sentient02970
10-14-2014, 07:42 AM
We succeeded in leaving out our decorations on the porch an entire year (cobwebs, spiders, skeletons) this past year. Our insanity seems to be keeping the neighbors away. I think it's appropriate that I'll be Gomez to her Morticia this year.

Big Fat Matt
10-14-2014, 04:49 PM
My inner slipknot fanboy wants me to be Clown, and I think I'm gonna have to, seeing as i have all of the costume on hand, save for the jumpsuit patches, gauze and clown nose...

Swykk
10-14-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm assembling a Randy Savage costume.

The_Prowler
10-15-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm going to be playing a show in South Carolina with my band on Halloween night. I don't know if we're dressing up or not, but I really want to be The Doctor. The problem with that is that I can only find a Matt Smith costume, and I really wanted a David Tennant one, so I'd have to hit the jackpot in the luck department looking for a suit in thrift shops. I could dress up as Peter Capaldi (his wardrobe is pretty damn similar to mine), but I'm about 50 years too young to pull that off :p It's either that or break out the old faithful Jim Morrison costume or wear my good quality vampire teeth with whatever I happen to be wearing that night (it's a cheap ass copout, but at least it's something).
That is, of course, assuming that I'm specifically ordered not to dress up for fear of making the band look stupid.

Fixer808
10-15-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm paying for a wedding right now so I may be recycling a costume, not sure yet... If I do something new I may try what I planned last year: Wez!
http://images3.static-bluray.com/reviews/8128_4.jpg

Bachy
10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Well, you can't tell from the pic, but I've got a ponytail after a year of not cutting my hair. I just now need a fake mustache and a sixer of Old Milwaukee or Lone Star, nothing snooty.

http://i.imgur.com/A9ZbKtA.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/VY4Ac6F.jpg

ibanez33
10-25-2014, 12:59 AM
II could dress up as Peter Capaldi (his wardrobe is pretty damn similar to mine), but I'm about 50 years too young to pull that off :p

FUN FACT: Capaldi actually chose his outfit specifically because it would be easy for fans to dress as his Doctor!

The_Prowler
10-25-2014, 02:31 PM
FUN FACT: Capaldi actually chose his outfit specifically because it would be easy for fans to dress as his Doctor!
I didn't know that. Where did you read/hear that?

leo3375
10-25-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm getting crafty with my costume this year and making it from scratch. I can't sew to save my life but this one shouldn't be too hard to assemble.

Sarah K
10-25-2014, 10:50 PM
There are never any good fat girl options. It's depressing. I need to learn how to sew or something so I can participate.

pwing47
10-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Well, you can't tell from the pic, but I've got a ponytail after a year of not cutting my hair. I just now need a fake mustache and a sixer of Old Milwaukee or Lone Star, nothing snooty.

Haha, had to comment on this. An alternative to a six pack is just the Big Hug Mug (though I've heard they're semi-expensive on ebay due to the show; a friend actually has the exact same kind, and told me it's now worth something). People would get it and also love it.

Pack a cig box (Camel brand, of course) in your shirt pocket, too :) Nice Halloween choice, btw!

ibanez33
10-26-2014, 12:35 AM
There was a small interview with him posted to reddit after the "first-look" reveal a while ago. I'll see if I can dig it up

implanted_microchip
10-26-2014, 11:57 AM
I hate that I'm not getting to do anything this year, so it'll probably just be me watching horror movies all day until my girlfriend gets home, when I'll start convincing her to join in with me.

Last year I got to see Gary Numan and NIN at the same show on Halloween night as my first concert ever though, so I'd say it's near-impossible to have a better one. There was even a guy dressed as Waldo from the Where's Waldo? children's books in the pit, and I got to see that amazing body artwork of the Hesitation Marks art that that one woman had. In fact I'm probably going to spend most of this Halloween missing last Halloween.

halloween
10-26-2014, 07:29 PM
I was going to dress as Wednesday Adams, but honestly I didn't feel like hunting down clothes for it. So I got vampire teeth and I'll do some sort of pale, classy looking vampire lady. I'll probably braid my hairs in honor of Wednesday though.

Throw_it_away9
10-27-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm going as Goose from Top Gun. This year, I'm fully committing to it and shaving the beard to show the stache (last year I just did it with a beard).

I went to Festival Supreme (http://festivalsupreme.com/) on Saturday and the girlfriend wore her Maverick costume (the girl version, so it's a one piece skirt). The Protomen (http://www.protomen.com/) finished their set with 'Highway to the Danger Zone' - could not have been happier and danced harder. Was impressed with them and am going to go back and listen to their stuff.

halloween
10-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Today I *almost* felt like spending money in a vintage store, trying to find a 70's outfit that might fit me to do a 70's flower power vampire. But again, I lacked the energy to try anything on. I did however try on a homemade Carrie's bloody prom dress costume...the top did not fit at all and left my boobs pretty vulnerable so....The one chance I get for a cool outfit and it just doesn't work out at all. Oh well!

ManBurning
10-27-2014, 10:49 PM
It's NOT a Halloween thread until halloween posts in it!

Now this thread is complete.

halloween
10-28-2014, 08:47 PM
I feel like a pretty lazy halloween this year though. Last year I was daria (and no pictures to prove it, sadly) but I don't fit in the outfit anymore. What a lousy 20lbs can do.

playwithfire
10-28-2014, 08:51 PM
I feel like a pretty lazy halloween this year though. Last year I was daria (and no pictures to prove it, sadly) but I don't fit in the outfit anymore. What a lousy 20lbs can do.

Man, I know that feeling.

ManBurning
10-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Yeah, it just doesn't seem like Halloween this year for some reason. Maybe because it's the first year in about 4 that I haven't had plans and am stuck working all night Friday and then AGAIN Saturday, so we basically called anything to do the the holiday off this year.

On the bright side, i'll be saving money this year! Last 2 years I really went to town. Especially last year... I was so wasted from last years Halloween party, I think we even swore off this year's Halloween at that point as well, haha.

Jinsai
10-29-2014, 12:36 AM
Well, you can't tell from the pic, but I've got a ponytail after a year of not cutting my hair. I just now need a fake mustache and a sixer of Old Milwaukee or Lone Star

You should just grow out the mustache. Is Lone Star beer a real thing?

I don't dress up for Halloween, but I get into it hardcore. I've been decorating the front walkway of my parent's place for about a week now... We have a floating skeletal ghost with glowing green eyes doing tarot card readings (with cards from the HR Giger Baphomet tarot), little skull mountains, a zombie that jumps out at you when you walk by, and a flat screen tv portrait that screams at you. Trying to set up the lighting now, and I'm making the music myself.

leo3375
10-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Made my costume! Now I need to either get my hands on a white wig, or some spray-in white hair dye.

The_Prowler
10-29-2014, 06:51 PM
My band officially told me that we're not dressing up for our Halloween gig... they're no fun :(

So I'm going to take my good vampire teeth with me and wear them anyway because fuck the police :D

Bachy
10-29-2014, 07:24 PM
You should just grow out the mustache. Is Lone Star beer a real thing?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to grow facial hair. I've tried, trust me. It didn't end well.

And yes, Lone Star is a real thing:

www.lonestarbeer.com

Unfortunately not available in the midwest.

Bachy
10-31-2014, 03:40 PM
Costume update: Nailed it.

http://i.imgur.com/TZkFaEG.jpg

ibanez33
11-02-2014, 03:45 AM
Not many pictures have surfaced from the party yet but I do have this one from when I came across an unused horse head mask and became Horse S Thompson for a few minutes

http://i.imgur.com/v0vXAHG.jpg

Throw_it_away9
11-09-2014, 04:46 PM
The gf and I as Maverick and Goose:

http://i.imgur.com/PkEFFik.jpg (http://imgur.com/PkEFFik)

DigitalChaos
11-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I am very disappointed that Leviathant hasn't posted his costume here.

The_Prowler
11-09-2014, 06:15 PM
I just had a brilliant idea for a costume earlier today...

Wear a traditional Master Chief suit with a cook's shirt and hat over it... you are now Master Chef.