PDA

View Full Version : Reznor/Ross (unofficially) Score Spielberg Film

Arkadin
09-22-2014, 09:39 PM
via Steven Soderbergh's alteration of Raiders of the Lost Ark (http://extension765.com/sdr/18-raiders). The guys at the Film Score Monthly Forum must really hate this.

sheepdean
09-22-2014, 09:45 PM
That was more link baity than a Buzzfeed article, shame on you.

Also ... that was really badly done. Score can't just be transferred.

Arkadin
09-22-2014, 11:00 PM
That was more link baity than a Buzzfeed article, shame on you.

Also ... that was really badly done. Score can't just be transferred.
That isn't what Soderbergh was trying to do. The emphasis is on the cinematography. What is interesting here is that Soderbergh obviously really likes the The Social Network score, which is no huge surprise since he has watched the movie close to ten times. And funny that he would replace the classical John Williams score with almost the exact opposite. If he didn't already have Cliff Martinez as a longtime composer, I would think that Soderbergh would ask TR to score one of his films, assuming Soderbergh ever comes out of semi-retirement.

halo33
09-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I think this is pretty great actually. He proves the point he was trying to make, while giving us a new different perspective on a classic movie. I don't think it was simply slapped together like when people who love Dark Side of the Rainbow throw all kinds of albums to movies and go, "LOOK! IT FITS!!"

If anyone is not watching The Knick with Clive Owen,(directed by Soderbergh) they are missing out. Cliff Martinez really shines. Very similar theme going on here. Contemporary music paired with great visuals from 1900. He makes it work way better than say Baz Luhrman has in quite some time. (hated his take on Gatsby, but did love Moulin Rouge) Just don't watch it while you are eating dinner. I made that mistake during the premiere.