PDA

View Full Version : What are your NIN live goals?

implanted_microchip
09-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Do you have any specific goals in mind with NIN live? Certain things you want to see to cross off a bucket list, certain venues, members, etc. In general, what sort of things do you want to be able to say you've seen or been a part of at a NIN show?

One of mine that I recently developed was to see 10 songs from The Downward Spiral live. So far I've seen 7 (Piggy, March of the Pigs, Closer, A Warm Place, Eraser, Reptile, Hurt), and I really think 3 more is a reasonable hope if they tour more in the future.

Another is to have seen NIN in at least 2 different states; going to a show of theirs outside of Florida would be a great travel experience and I really want to follow a tour someday, but if it's even just catching one outside of FL it'd be a great experience.

Being early to the pre-sale line, getting floor tickets and being on the rail is another. All 3 shows I've seen, I've been in seats, and while the seating has been really great to see the visuals and be at a distance where I can see the band and appreciate the setup really well altogether, being front row is just an experience I want to have.

Getting a setlist is something I've been dying to do; framing that with a poster and tickets would be great. Especially if it's one of the annotated ones, I'd die.

TheRealNs1
09-12-2014, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see NIN outside of the states, and once in a semi-violent pit.

Ryan
09-13-2014, 07:08 AM
See AATCHB and The Perfect Drug live.

Inkė
09-13-2014, 08:21 AM
I want the same crazy pit we had in Paris. And to see them in another country.

Deepvoid
09-13-2014, 08:36 AM
This is gonna sound very "groupie" but meeting Trent is obviously something I would really be grateful for. I would kinda just say "thank you" to him.
I'd have a lot more to say but "thank you" would pretty much summarize it nicely and wouldn't take up too much of his time.

Didn't have the chance to buy a meet & greet ticket during the WG tour so I pretty much missed my chance. I am not the kind of person that hangs out near the tour bus or something like that. Oh well...

Besides that, I guess just having fun, sing along and tell anyone who wants me to sit down to fuck off.

Sarah K
09-13-2014, 10:16 AM
A club show.

icecream
09-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Club show or better yet a club show in Japan. A opening act I actually like, (NIN/SG doesn't count as it was co-headlining and I saw it at a festival). Reptile, La Mer, The Line Begins to Blur and Right Where it Belongs. If I dream then The Great Below and The Only Time.

dunebug81
09-13-2014, 11:54 AM
I'd like to see an entire album done from start to finish.

I've seen 48 NIN shows in 14 states.

elevenism
09-13-2014, 04:55 PM
damn dunebug81 .

honestly, i just want to see every tour from here on out.

I saw them twice on TDS, and once each on TF and LITS. Then i fucking missed tension, which really bummed me out.

I would love to catch a club show too...one of my good buddies threw down $600 to see them at stubbs barbecue in austin (with a date, $300 each,) and told me that it was well worth it.

Also, i'd like to see them in Tulsa again if they ever come. That's where i saw LITS, and it's not a club show, but there ain't a bad seat in the house at that place. It was that way on the TDS shows too; they played in the same building where they have the dog show at the texas state fair.

OH...and here's another one...since my brother and sis in law moved to denver, i would like to see them (and rush) at Red Rocks

virushopper
09-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Great question.

-I have to say probably see them outside of the states and not in a festival settings.

-See them at Red Rock.

-See them in a small club.

-I know this is probably not going to happen but I do HOPE, and I mean HOPE, that Aaron North gets better and tours with NIN again. That is something I like to see.

thevoid99
09-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Right now, see them at a small club for once and then see them again do another big show.

TheRealNs1
09-15-2014, 12:10 PM
that would be something, an epic APC-like run, 5 shows 5 nights, 1 album per night. O_O

implanted_microchip
09-15-2014, 03:53 PM
that would be something, an epic APC-like run, 5 shows 5 nights, 1 album per night. O_O

You know, I loved the structure for the two TDS performances. Having an encore of a ton of other songs afterward made those shows seem even more special; you'd figure by the time Hurt wraps up that that's it, time to leave, and instead they kept going with 1,000,000 (going from starting again a million miles away to having become a million miles away) and just having fun for the rest of the show. If they did do more full album performances, aside from something as long as Ghosts or TF, I'd love to see them do a similar style.

TheRealNs1
09-15-2014, 04:51 PM
You know, I loved the structure for the two TDS performances. Having an encore of a ton of other songs afterward made those shows seem even more special; you'd figure by the time Hurt wraps up that that's it, time to leave, and instead they kept going with 1,000,000 (going from starting again a million miles away to having become a million miles away) and just having fun for the rest of the show. If they did do more full album performances, aside from something as long as Ghosts or TF, I'd love to see them do a similar style.

Fuck it, might as well go all out with a 12 hour discography show, $1000/ticket.

botley
09-15-2014, 07:13 PM
I've seen plenty of shows (http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=1261), so not much is on the 'want list' anymore... but I'm really into the idea of watching NIN play with a large backing group like we got on Tension 2013 again.

FernandoDante
09-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Seeing them again. Preferrably with Somewhat Damaged.

kel
09-30-2014, 11:19 PM
seeing them again near home, NO TRAVEL. i think i said something about being uninterested in another show, even in boise, but that's total bullshit.

edit: the only lits show that went way off script was the last show here ... while i sat at pdx after the portland show due to weather. luckily for the boise crowd, they got a stripped down treat as most of the equipment was stuck in an eastern oregon blizzard.

bill would've loved it. i would have, too :( my friend lynsey was texting me frantically that people were trying to take my seat. such sighs, y'all.

implanted_microchip
10-01-2014, 08:31 AM
See a live show start to finish without interruption. In August, I had the perfect opportunity (great seats, low price, on time, etc.) but had to leave and miss half the show due to a health issue. My only goal is to see an entire show start to finish without interruption. That's all my goal is. Hopefully on the next run I'll get that chance.

But what I did get to see of the show was mind blowing. It's definitely the best set of live songs I've ever seen performed. My body is definitely more than ready for more in the future!

That's really awful, I hope you get the shot to later on! I've seen so many people mention missing parts of shows before and I can't imagine how frustrating that must be, especially when the stage show is like it's been and has that progressive build-up to it.