PDA

View Full Version : Team Sleep

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Since there was an argument almost brewing in the Deftones thread about there being 3 thread already made for Chino's numerous bands... I would say that Team Sleep deserves it's own thread just out of the respect that it pretty much was the first side project that he was affiliated with. With that said... everything Team Sleep goes here :D.

As I was saying in the Deftones thread.. I have about 62 songs (Corrected from 63 after looking at the track count in the folder). I forgot what site I found all these songs on, but it was in one batch file and they are mostly demos from different years mostly in the mid 2000's. Some are the same track just one is a bit different from the other. Track lists in order from demo to demo:

Broyhill Demos:

Acoustic One (Extended)
Cambodia (Foreign Flag Demo)
Death By Plane
Iceache
Kool Aid Party
Let's Go
Mercedes
Scarf Bitch (Don't Ask, Don't Tell)

Demo:

The Amherst Terrorist
bionicA
C2 (A Season In Between)
China
Doomed User
Formant M (Extended Version
Friday Night Cleanup
Gridlock
Instrumental

Demos 2005:

Table Of Contents (Monk)
Acoustic One (Mellow Version)
TdCk

Demos 2006:

Just Kidding
Magnum Manipulator
Tennisface
Formant (V2.0)
Formant12
Formant M
Lppp
C Block
Headhunter
Jaguar
Liberace
The Ole College Try

Myspace Demos:

Formant
Scarf Bitch

Off The Record:

Appollonia
Ligea
King Diamond
Solid Gold
Boulevard Nights
Acoustic One
Interlude
Natalie Portman
Passportal
Drop (Tinfed)

Team Sleep (Self-Titled)

I'm Yours Tonight (Machine Lovers Remix)

Inside Is Natural - Single from 2011

There may be a couple of repeats like Scarf Bitch... but about every song is of it's own or tweaked, or a different version. I remember where I found the files... it was on a very old Team Sleep message board. The thing is.. there is artwork for every demo folder that I posted before the tracks. I wonder where they found all of these files??

pigpen
08-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Since there was an argument almost brewing in the Deftones thread about there being 3 thread already made for Chino's numerous bands... I would say that Team Sleep deserves it's own thread just out of the respect that it pretty much was the first side project that he was affiliated with. With that said... everything Team Sleep goes here :D.

As I was saying in the Deftones thread.. I have about 62 songs (Corrected from 63 after looking at the track count in the folder). I forgot what site I found all these songs on, but it was in one batch file and they are mostly demos from different years mostly in the mid 2000's. Some are the same track just one is a bit different from the other. Track lists in order from demo to demo:

Broyhill Demos:

Acoustic One (Extended)
Cambodia (Foreign Flag Demo)
Death By Plane
Iceache
Kool Aid Party
Let's Go
Mercedes
Scarf Bitch (Don't Ask, Don't Tell)

Demo:

The Amherst Terrorist
bionicA
C2 (A Season In Between)
China
Doomed User
Formant M (Extended Version
Friday Night Cleanup
Gridlock
Instrumental

Demos 2005:

Table Of Contents (Monk)
Acoustic One (Mellow Version)
TdCk

Demos 2006:

Just Kidding
Magnum Manipulator
Tennisface
Formant (V2.0)
Formant12
Formant M
Lppp
C Block
Headhunter
Jaguar
Liberace
The Ole College Try

Myspace Demos:

Formant
Scarf Bitch

Off The Record:

Appollonia
Ligea
King Diamond
Solid Gold
Boulevard Nights
Acoustic One
Interlude
Natalie Portman
Passportal
Drop (Tinfed)

Team Sleep (Self-Titled)

I'm Yours Tonight (Machine Lovers Remix)

Inside Is Natural - Single from 2011

There may be a couple of repeats like Scarf Bitch... but about every song is of it's own or tweaked, or a different version. I remember where I found the files... it was on a very old Team Sleep message board. The thing is.. there is artwork for every demo folder that I posted before the tracks. I wonder where they found all of these files??

Uhhhh, how's about we talk more about these demos in a private message, eh!?

nobies
08-30-2014, 01:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBM5qB-AxuM

Here's a high quality copy of "Off The Record", the most essential Team Sleep recording.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Big list of sexiness

Uhhhh, how's about we talk more about these demos in a private message, eh!?

*ahem* I, too, would like to continue this discussion in a private message, if possible. ;)

I'm a pretty surface Team Sleep fan, having only really listened to the S/T and a few random b-sides, but something like that list is very appealing. :3 As does this "Off the Record" thingy. I think I always meant to listen to more of their material, but there was so much and it was always spread so thin that I never bothered to collect it all for digestion.

vivisection13
08-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Any chance I could discuss in a Private Message too....?

armogi
08-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Guys, go check sharinglungs, all these are probably still there

Al_Hunter
08-30-2014, 09:51 AM
I have them all. If anyone is really struggling let me know and I'll try to find a way to get them all online

pigpen
08-30-2014, 06:52 PM
yes, do that.

rampface
08-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh man I thought I had everything! Could I get a PM as well! Thanks!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-30-2014, 07:21 PM
I'll do my best sometime early tomorrow guys. I don't have the time tonight, lmk if you snag them elsewhere ;) and I believe all the songs on that list are on "Off The Record". I listened to that album as a whole, and it really doesn't sound that appealing cohesively. I like to listen to Team Sleep on shuffle most of the time to be honest.

Piko
08-30-2014, 07:23 PM
I didn't even know a lot of those existed. I'll search around. If not, a PM would be greatly appreciated.

edit: found a good chunk of them, which i'm downloading now. Only one I wasn't able to get was the "off the record" demos (which I already had a few of).

Piko
08-30-2014, 10:59 PM
I liked the Team Sleep album as well. My main problem was that some of it sounded too much like Deftones. Then again, maybe that's because of label interference.

nobies
08-30-2014, 11:59 PM
If the S/T album sounds distracted and cobbled together, that's because it was never supposed to go down like that. Off The Record was what Chino and Todd turned into Maverick back in 2002. Maverick turned around and basically said, "Woah, what is this bullshit? We can't put out this 4 track lo-fi stuff. Try again." So they brought in Ross Robinson and Greg Wells and the show was run by the label at that point. I do like the additional Timony vox on King Diamond, though.

nobies
08-31-2014, 08:16 AM
http://www.theprp.com/2014/02/13/news/deftones-chino-moreno-says-label-interference-caused-team-sleep-to-fade-away/

It makes a lot of sense when you start to piece the story together. Especially considering those songs all leaked from an "Unmastered Advance", which Maverick were in possession of. Album was good to go and the label straight kiboshed it.

Piko
08-31-2014, 08:41 AM
The story I remember was, they turned in the original album which the label turned down. The label wanted a touring band, which I don't think was the main intention. So they had to redo some of the album to make it more accessible for live audiences.

fortysixand2
08-31-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm missing a couple, could I also get a PM? Please and thank you.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-31-2014, 07:57 PM
Anyone else need a PM?? Lmk :)

vivisection13
08-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Me, please?

Landshark
08-31-2014, 08:34 PM
I would like one also if possible. Thank you!

zecho
09-01-2014, 08:39 AM
I would also like one!

r_k_f
09-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Anyone else need a PM?? Lmk :) yes please

nobies
09-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Actually, I do remember reading this from earlier in the year.

But it still doesn't make sense to me. He's stated many times in the past that he was pleased with the end result of the Maverick-released S/T, but now he's renigging that sentiment. And to say he lost interest is weird, because that was his exact reason for nearly abandoning the SNW sessions when shit was going south with Deftones. He retreated into Team Sleep mode and spoke highly of his time with them.

Weird.
He's not really renigging. I took it as more or less him saying, "Yeah, Team Sleep was always supposed to be this expirimental lo-fi project, but then shit happened." So he might still be happy with how S/T came out, but those original songs were more of his intention.

profane
09-01-2014, 11:13 AM
I would love a pm with TS goodness too please [emoji5]

valiantsteed
09-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Since almost all of this stuff is unavailable commercially, why doesn't someone with the ability make a master torrent we can all share from? Seems like it'd be the easiest way.

r_k_f
09-12-2014, 02:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmNjKvySHk&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
09-15-2014, 02:04 AM
PM me good buddy!

valiantsteed
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
FYI The complete Team Sleep collection is now available for d/l on your friendly neighbourhood torrent site.

Millionaire
09-18-2014, 07:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmNjKvySHk&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop
I like this. Seems more in line with Team Sleep's original intent. Since they're probably not going to go with a label for this new album, at least initially, I think it will be more along the lines of the unmastered stuff than the S/T album. I liked that album, but I've always liked, say, Natalie Portman over the album version. I'd like to hear something like what they would've ended up with had they finished the unmastered stuff their way.

valiantsteed
11-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Did anyone go to the recording sessions last month? Surprised we haven't heard anything since then...

The Doctor
11-20-2014, 11:03 AM
On Reddit someone posted a link to a download of an audience recording of the in-studio performance they gave. Can't recall if it was the Deftones reddit or a Team Sleep subreddit, but if you look around, I'm sure you can find it.

kbo
11-20-2014, 03:09 PM
I attended the recording sessions. They didn't do much recording while we were there. They did a bit to show us the process. It moved very slooooooow. They also did a concert and ate and hung out with us.

I talked to Todd at one point who basically said that he had no idea when the record would be out (could be a year or two). He works 60 hours a week at a job and they are recording when they have time.

I talked to Chino and they are going to be recording a new Deftones album. I wouldn't be holding your breath for the next Team Sleep album. I am sure it is coming, but it isn't going to be a few months

perceptionnexus
11-20-2014, 04:57 PM
I attended the recording sessions. They didn't do much recording while we were there. They did a bit to show us the process. It moved very slooooooow. They also did a concert and ate and hung out with us.

I talked to Todd at one point who basically said that he had no idea when the record would be out (could be a year or two). He works 60 hours a week at a job and they are recording when they have time.

I talked to Chino and they are going to be recording a new Deftones album. I wouldn't be holding your breath for the next Team Sleep album. I am sure it is coming, but it isn't going to be a few months

That sux. When I pre-ordered the disc on pledgemusic, it said it would be out by next April.

fortysixand2
11-20-2014, 05:03 PM
They gave out a CD with demos (most of which have been floating around the internet for quite some time) and the song "No." Anyone know where to find this??

armogi
11-20-2014, 07:30 PM
i'll take any new deftones over team sleep personally, with that said never trust what these musician guys say, they tend to keep release dates blurry more often than never... it could come tomorrow for all we know, our man chino only released one record in 2014, what's up with that???

perceptionnexus
11-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Speaking of which:
http://www.theprp.com/2014/11/20/news/filter-allowing-fans-to-interact-with-them-in-the-studio-for-a-fee/

Evidently Dick thinks he should make more than a psychiatrist to have random dudes watch him tune a guitar. Way to exploit your fans, douchebag.
I'm not opposed to the idea though, and props to team sleep for doing it the right way. Their price was like $500 for two days and on paper I to me I guess it seemed worth it, getting a little mini vacay in the woods, a bunch of merch and stuff, food provided and getting to hang out with the band and an intimate live show to boot. I wasn't there though. Did you feel you got your money's worth, kbo?

kbo
11-21-2014, 09:34 AM
It was certainly an interesting experience. It probably doesn't make sense, but I wouldn't spend it again although I didn't regret it. It was certainly cool to stand by a fire with Chino and talk about music and hear funny stories. He really seems like a genuine guy and not pretentious at all.

It could be out in April, but I highly doubt it. They weren't even finished with it.

Wretchedest
11-21-2014, 08:58 PM
I was deeply disappointed to find out that zack hill wasnt a part of this...

rampface
11-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Please post the new demo if you find it. I'm on the hunt!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-08-2015, 10:28 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2015/07/07/news/team-sleep-debut-new-version-of-your-skull-is-red-chino-moreno-talks-sophomore-album/

cahernandez
07-09-2015, 09:14 AM
According to Amazon, this is the tracklist for the Woodstock sessions:

1. Your Skull Is Red | 2. Formant | 3. Ever (Foreign Flag) | 4. No | 5. O.P. | 6. Princeton Review | 7. Blvd. Night | 8. Death By Plane | 9. Live From the Stage |

Does anyone know anything about the song "O.P"? It's not listed in the demos from the previous page of this thread.

armogi
07-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know anything about the song "O.P"? It's not listed in the demos from the previous page of this thread.

it's actually leaked now so you can have a listen to find that out

fortysixand2
07-09-2015, 03:36 PM
According to Amazon, this is the tracklist for the Woodstock sessions:

1. Your Skull Is Red | 2. Formant | 3. Ever (Foreign Flag) | 4. No | 5. O.P. | 6. Princeton Review | 7. Blvd. Night | 8. Death By Plane | 9. Live From the Stage |

O.P. refers to Oak Park or Oak Park Loop. The demo is floating around out there somewhere.

Wretchedest
07-09-2015, 03:49 PM
This is so confusing. Which is the one that i crowdfunded? They keep releasing tracks that leaked like 7 years ago as backer only tracks...if the live album leaked, anyone got a pm for me? Thaaaaanks.....

armogi
07-09-2015, 04:33 PM
This is so confusing. Which is the one that i crowdfunded? They keep releasing tracks that leaked like 7 years ago as backer only tracks...if the live album leaked, anyone got a pm for me? Thaaaaanks.....

it's on NAR, i got it now, only 9 tracks and 4 are already out, need to listen to it but work isnt giving me a break today :(

fortysixand2
07-09-2015, 04:46 PM
We were all under the impression that the PledgeMusic project money was going towards a new studio album but apparently it went towards the live Woodstock Sessions album.

perceptionnexus
07-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Speaking of that, I'm curious as to when the pledge items will ship. It'd be kinda dumb if I could order the cd on amazon right now and receive it for less money and before the order I put in last fall on pledgemusic, which we thought was going to be a new studio album, and not a live release. I'm happy to shell out a little extra to help bands directly with these kind of crowdfunding mediums, but the customer service on this has been quite lackluster.

I'm sure the Woodstock album will be damn cool though. What I've heard so far has been pretty satisfying, and I dig the new takes on these old songs.

Jord
07-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Anyone got stuck in to the new one yet? I would have rather had a new album, but the fact that there's anything at all is still something to be thankful for.

The songs are perfectly executed, the whole trip hop and psychedelic elements really manifest themselves in an amazing way when played live. Princeton Review is my highlight, Chino doing what would be Rob Crow's vocals, absolutely nailing it. The whole thing is really really well done.

perceptionnexus
07-12-2015, 04:18 PM
There's some speculation now on the pledge music site that the album we pledged on is actually a new studio album/ep, primarily based on the idea that the woodstock sessions album is being released by the woodstock studio (check their website, team sleep is vol. 4 of their studio sessions series), as opposed to the band, and that there's currently no vinyl version available of the live album, which there is on the pledge site for the "new album". The fulfillment date for pledge music goods is still reading august 3rd. The way I figure, either the band is planning a surprise drop of new material, or the communication between the band and the fans on the matter is really just that fucked. Hopefully the former, but whatevs.

Still haven't dug into the live album yet, I hear it's good tho.

Sutekh
07-13-2015, 12:15 PM
this band are great... white pony was the only deftones LP I liked, lol

seriously they should just take out full page ads saying "more white pony goodness, roll up"

PhoenixML
07-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Formant, OP and No are instrumentals.

The Doctor
07-14-2015, 08:59 AM
I listened to this new Woodstock Sessions almost obsessively over the weekend. It's magical and beautiful. It's good for driving, for falling asleep... it's just what I needed and am very happy to have it. Can't wait until there's new material too.