PDA

View Full Version : The Playstation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Dam, this is very fresh.

Rdm
04-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Awesome looking. Mixed of the Microsoft Xbox one S controller and the PS4 controller

Rdm
04-13-2020, 07:06 PM
Finally joined ps4 network. if anyone wants to add me my name is Rhian_NH3000

versusreality
04-27-2020, 05:57 AM
I went ahead and took the plunge....ordered a PS4 the other day, should be here tomorrow. Can't wait! It feels like a "full circle" experience for me, having previously owned a PS 1, 2, and 3. I only had the 3 for a few months before I sold it, it was around that time I fell out of gaming. I got hooked on Assassin's Creed on the Switch and wanted more, so decided to get the PS4 to play them. It also gives me a chance to reconnect with some childhood series, like the RE2 remake, MGS5, and SOTN (even with new voice actors, ugh) . I also get to discover new series for the first time, such as Uncharted and The Last of Us.

Kodiak33
05-13-2020, 05:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5KtatMcUw&feature=emb_title

Enjoy.

Piko
05-13-2020, 06:44 PM
Ruined my underwear watching that. Unreal 5 running on SSD. Hot damn... PS5 is going to be a fine piece of hardware.

Not sure if I'll get one at launch. Depends on launch titles and which games are backwards compatible.

Next gen is going to be interesting.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-13-2020, 08:07 PM
The fact that there are people saying this looks no different than previous gens are on drugs. The avatar could use some more fine tuning, but the environments are what shines here... If the PS5 is really this fast, once again, it doesn't matter how "Powerful" your console is (Xbox One and Series X, I'm looking at you) this could be a complete win for Sony.

What also gets me is the argument that Xbox is showing everything and we haven't seen much from Sony (Console reveal) so it's already over makes me want to bang my head against a wall. Sony knows what they're doing... Come on now.

Piko
05-13-2020, 08:16 PM
Yeah, it doesn't need to be the most powerful. It needs to be able to keep up though.

Apparently, the new Assassin's Creed is 30fps. One would think, we would get more games in 60 as technology progresses.

Visually, next gen will be spectacular. But the trend will continue: visual over quality.

Kodiak33
05-14-2020, 08:57 AM
Yeah, it doesn't need to be the most powerful. It needs to be able to keep up though.

Apparently, the new Assassin's Creed is 30fps. One would think, we would get more games in 60 as technology progresses.

Visually, next gen will be spectacular. But the trend will continue: visual over quality.

I was a little surprised about that too actually. It's got to be maxed out at 4K...and probably a solid 30fps.

You can see in this demo where it slows down from 60fps to something else (maybe 45fps), but it still looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait.

allegate
05-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know when Sony started combining trophies for games? I noticed yesterday in the trophy list that it lists every version of the game now instead of having a Vita and PS3 and PS4 variant.

Please note that the last trophy I earned was in 2017 from a game I don't even remember playing.

versusreality
05-29-2020, 02:01 PM
June 4, 1 PM EST. PS5 reveal. Finally!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-30-2020, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know when Sony started combining trophies for games? I noticed yesterday in the trophy list that it lists every version of the game now instead of having a Vita and PS3 and PS4 variant.

Please note that the last trophy I earned was in 2017 from a game I don't even remember playing.

I noticed this last year, so they may have done that rather recently? I have a Sherlock Holmes game I have no recollection of playing either.

allegate
05-30-2020, 01:22 PM
ah, that stinks. I liked getting double trophies though.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-30-2020, 02:17 PM
ah, that stinks. I liked getting double trophies though.

I'm a trophy hunter myself so it was a bummer for sure. I'm almost to level 20.

Jinsai
05-30-2020, 02:42 PM
if that's true, I wonder if my trophy platinum count has suddenly gone way down... I wouldn't really mind if it did. My trophy list is kind of absurdly over the top.

versusreality
05-30-2020, 05:58 PM
when I first got the PS4 last month, I had no idea what happened when my first trophy popped up on the screen. having not played playstation since ps2 really, I almost thought I did something wrong! but trophys are fun. I'm certainly not a hunter, but when they pop up I smile. I can see how hunting them could be addicting.

Jinsai
05-31-2020, 08:39 PM
when I first got the PS4 last month, I had no idea what happened when my first trophy popped up on the screen. having not played playstation since ps2 really, I almost thought I did something wrong! but trophys are fun. I'm certainly not a hunter, but when they pop up I smile. I can see how hunting them could be addicting.

It can get addicting and distracting. I've played dumb games just cuz they had an easy trophy list. @allegate (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1739), I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything. Some games always had their trophies locked to PS3/Vita/PS4, whereas other games let you stack the trophies. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. Sound Shapes actually let you share your save data between platforms and pop the full trophy list with no extra effort.

Side note, I think the new controller looks cool.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-31-2020, 08:44 PM
It can get addicting and distracting. I've played dumb games just cuz they had an easy trophy list. @allegate (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1739), I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything. Some games always had their trophies locked to PS3/Vita/PS4, whereas other games let you stack the trophies. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

The games I have brought myself to play for that exact reason you are stating I am not proud of.

allegate
05-31-2020, 11:26 PM
It can get addicting and distracting. I've played dumb games just cuz they had an easy trophy list. @allegate (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1739), I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything. Some games always had their trophies locked to PS3/Vita/PS4, whereas other games let you stack the trophies. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. Sound Shapes actually let you share your save data between platforms and pop the full trophy list with no extra effort.

It might be a graphical overhaul because the screen looks different than I remember. Again, it's been three years since I've played a PS3 or Vita game and I never got a PS4.

also Sound Shapes is one of the ones I have and was looking at! :) My son loves the game and can do all of the music challenges by ear. Helps he's in orchestra but it's still impressive to me. We were playing Thomas Was Alone and it says we have all of the trophies on all of the systems but I know I didn't get past the second or third level on the Vita game.

Jord
06-07-2020, 06:42 AM
I was excited for the reveals last Thursday however with recent events in the world I'm glad they pushed things back a little. The nerdy big child in me is hyped for the rumoured Crash Bandicoot game reveal among others.

One thing I am pretty pissed about with this forthcoming next gen is the alleged lack of full backwards compatibility with the PS5 in the way the new Xbox will be. Correct me if I'm wrong but they've got the new Xbox coming with the ability to pretty much play any game from all the other Xbox consoles backwards catalogue, where all we know about the PS5 so far is the ability to play the top 100 PS4 games with a PS5 boost function, with more PS4 games potentially being worked on as time goes on. Granted there's still stuff we do not know about the PS5 but I'm not getting my hopes up now - but the ability to dig out my old PS1, 2 & 3 games and play it on the PS5 would have been incredible.

Jinsai
06-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Ps5 neeeeeeds backwards compatibility. Psnow failed conceptually, just let people use your system to play old games

Jord
06-07-2020, 03:01 PM
They had it great with PS3, the store had plenty of great games from PS1 & 2 to buy and play, then PS4 did away with a lot of them and yeah - PS Now is absolutely trash as I can't download the games I want - only stream.

kdrcraig
06-08-2020, 07:26 AM
I was thinking about doing PS Now at some point for a month to play Metro Exodus, not worth it?

Jord
06-09-2020, 06:36 AM
I was thinking about doing PS Now at some point for a month to play Metro Exodus, not worth it?

If you've got super fast internet that streams like heaven OR if you can download that specific game to the PS4 then you'll manage and it'll be good. There are a collection of downloadable games within the service but the lions share are stream only - I was excited to play Sonic Generations again which is why I originally subscribed to PS Now, then I realised it was streaming only and everything was constantly lagging and just no fun. That said, I downloaded the 2016 Doom game and had a blast. I'm sure there's a free trial membership that I would investigate if I were you just to get a feel for what is available.

kdrcraig
06-09-2020, 07:26 AM
Thanks. My internet isn't super fast, but not terrible. I'll try to find out if Metro is streaming or download.

Edit: It is available to download. Might give it a whirl after I'm done with Saints Row The Third.

Kodiak33
06-11-2020, 03:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLci-lSeCo&feature=youtu.be

allegate
06-11-2020, 03:10 PM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1271172470427381761

Oh damn.

allegate
06-11-2020, 03:13 PM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1271173494693216256

allegate
06-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Still looking at the thread and it appears he's posting screencaps from the stream hence some pixelation and noise so I'm just going to wait until I see some officially-released stuff for now.

allegate
06-11-2020, 03:48 PM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1271181501405659137

Hitman 3, nice.

october_midnight
06-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Sort of a dull event, but some pretty baller games like Ghostwire and Pragmata. Demon's Souls!

https://scontent.fyyc5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/103725057_616236288993265_1017588459429222330_n.pn g?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=q4IMBdE13kAAX85_2Qq&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc5-1.fna&oh=d0272e11f33859c5733fe28d9fc3916d&oe=5F091729

allegate
06-11-2020, 04:23 PM
https://twitter.com/feliciaday/status/1271190508895797250

I mean I guess it was expected but I wonder at the price difference.

Jinsai
06-11-2020, 04:45 PM
well, I've been going through a strange personal hell, and it seems like everyone I care about is also going through something unimaginably awful... so I guess it's at least good to see that Demon's Souls is getting remade for PS5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tidJpae6jgM

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Everyone seems to be confused as to what the new Spiderman game is. Figured it was a spinoff, but Peter talking in the beginning (I think it was Peter) seems like he is passing the torch, but apparently Insomniac has been working on something else. Regardless, it looks amazing.

Kodiak33
06-11-2020, 06:11 PM
well, I've been going through a strange personal hell, and it seems like everyone I care about is also going through something unimaginably awful... so I guess it's at least good to see that Demon's Souls is getting remade for PS5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tidJpae6jgM

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1271215035231035392 (http://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1271215035231035392)

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-11-2020, 07:58 PM
No one is talking about the rift jumping in Ratchet and Clank... That is the PS5's SSD at work! Jumping from 3-D world to 3-D world seamlessly.

Space Suicide
06-11-2020, 08:24 PM
I am gonna go out on a limb to say for the first time in two generations I'd buy a PS console over an Xbox console first. Not on launch though.

Demon's Souls will awesome!

kdrcraig
06-12-2020, 10:41 AM
Very curious what the Digital Edition price will be, I barely ever buy physical copies anymore.

Rdm
06-12-2020, 03:03 PM
When I saw Demon Souls I damn near cried lol . It looks fucking beautiful .

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-12-2020, 03:12 PM
When I saw Demon Souls I damn near cried lol . It looks fucking beautiful .

The before and after stills are fucking jarring and in the best way possible.

They seemed to clear up the Spiderman confusion. The game will be a stand alone game, not DLC or an expansion, Sony exec spoke wrong on the subject this morning. It will be it's own game on the level of Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

kdrcraig
06-23-2020, 03:26 PM
Started up the free PS Now trial over the weekend. Been playing the two PS3 inFamous games since they're a couple of my favorite games ever. They're both streaming and it hasn't been that bad, I don't have super fast internet but it's pretty good and my PS4 is 10 feet from my modem on wifi. It gets laggy once in awhile and sometimes my dude will go running off for no reason for a few seconds, but overall it hasn't screwed up the gameplay really. I imagine it would be rough for a game when you need to be more precise than just blowing shit up all the time.

If more games were available for download I think it would be a pretty great service, as it stands I'm gonna finish inFamous 2 and try to blow through Metro Exodus before the free trial is up on Saturday.

allegate
08-04-2020, 04:07 PM
https://twitter.com/ShaneWatch/status/1290755665095323648

this guy works for Sony and I can't help but wonder at the weirdness of this tweet considering there's a price announcement due any time.

I half expect it to be taken down because it can be misconstrued as an unofficial announcement - much like I'm doing right now - but maybe it's innocuous and he's just tweeting random things. I mean that's kind of his shtick.

Space Suicide
08-17-2020, 12:20 PM
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/8/17/21371981/ghost-of-tsushima-multiplayer-legends-mode-release-date-trailer

This is a huge surprise.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-17-2020, 01:37 PM
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/8/17/21371981/ghost-of-tsushima-multiplayer-legends-mode-release-date-trailer

This is a huge surprise.

*Repeats* Please let this be good...

Jinsai
08-18-2020, 02:25 PM

You might as well try it for the trial period. My internet is fast enough to handle streaming games, or at least ones that don't require frame perfect timing or something. I wouldn't really try to play a fighting game online with it. It also lets you download PS4 games to your system so you don't have to worry about lag there.

I guess my problem is, I already own 99% of the PS4 games that I want to play that they have streaming, and I guess I played most of the stuff I want from their ps3 library already too. It's really a bunch of mainstream games and then a few niche titles (most of which are crap).

kdrcraig
08-19-2020, 06:39 AM
I did the trial period and one month. Played inFamous 1 and 2 cause I haven't played those in years, tried out Metro Exodus, which sucked, then played God of War Ascension. I wanted to play The Wolf Among Us but ran out of time before Ghost of Tsushima came out. Definitely worth 10 bucks for a month to play a few extra games.

Metro was the only one that was available to download, the streaming wasn't bad but yeah, I wouldn't want to stream anything that required precise timing. Overall I liked the service for the ability to play some PS3 games, mine died years ago.

Rdm
08-29-2020, 10:20 AM
Did anyone think the idea to use a PSN name to organize the preorders a good idea ? I hope it works and if done right it looks to be one of the best ideas Sony could've done to control resale.

Haysey_Draws
08-31-2020, 08:36 AM
This whole pre-ordering thing has put me well off getting next gen any time soon. By the looks of things the next gen will cost ALOT (the fact they are selecting who can pre-order based on how "big" a PS fan they are WITHOUT a price is so fucking weird to me!) and i just cannot justify, with things being how they are, getting a new console. Plus everyone forgets consoles at launch rarely are worth getting, the games rarely deliver until a year or 2 in, and there is normally hardware issues where they rushed out the console.

Also the current gen is far from over, i still have a backlog to shift through and this gen will have games made in alongside next gen for a good while (especially JRPG's which are always a year behind anyway!) At the earliest i'll be looking at a next gen come the end of 2021...depending how 2021 goes.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-31-2020, 08:06 PM
They're doing this model because of the amount of units they will be able to manufacture and ship out. It also lessens the chance of half of them being eaten up by bot software. I can imagine exactly how that would go... Website crashes... Loads... Waiting in line for an hour just to find out you didn't get it. The whole "Biggest fan" thing is kind of weird I'll admit and what are they basing their decisions off of if they actually do it this way? Trophy score? I dunno man...

I usually buy a console a few months after they ship, but if I get the opportunity, I'm grabbing one at launch. I have a few more games that I need to get through for last gen, but no way I can wait that long to play Ratchet and Spider-Man; I'm too pumped to wait any longer.

Wretchedest
08-31-2020, 10:42 PM
It means I'll probably be able to get one. If their goal is to sell them to the people most likely to buy a lot of stuff for it... That seems smart.

allegate
08-31-2020, 11:26 PM
I signed up. I wonder if the fact I only have a PS3 and a Vita is a pro or con at this point...lol

Haysey_Draws
09-01-2020, 03:50 AM
It means I'll probably be able to get one. If their goal is to sell them to the people most likely to buy a lot of stuff for it... That seems smart.

Well providing if you get selected of course...i'd really love to know how they are picking these. Is it at based on how many games you've played? Hours played? How many generations of console you've had? How many digital purchases you've made? How witty your gamertag is?! And what IS THE PRICE?!

There are so many things happening here i'm just happy to sit back and watch it this time. Last console i got on launch was the Dreamcast so i doubt Sony would have selected me anyway lol

Jon
09-01-2020, 05:36 AM
What the fuck is this shit? This is how shoes get to be thousands of dollars...

Jinsai
09-01-2020, 09:16 AM
well, if the criteria is purchases or trophies or whatever, I'd be shocked if I don't get an email. @Jon (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=457) I actually think it would result in the opposite. What causes stuff to inflate is scalpers and their bots. Even if a scalper did have a lot of purchases on his/her PSN account, their bots wouldn't get a shot.

kdrcraig
09-01-2020, 09:54 AM
I just signed up for this to see what the process even is and if I get selected. But I'm not going to pre-order something that doesn't even have a price/release date yet.

Space Suicide
09-01-2020, 10:02 AM
I hate what Sony has become in the game industry.

Fuck this console. I’m not even interested or excited for next generation consoles, it’s not like it’s a significant jump in graphics or games for years anyways. I’ll buy a redesigned slim version when they got stuff worth a fuck.

allegate
09-01-2020, 10:43 AM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1300813104515670018

I glanced at this and was like "what kind of anime-ass game is Dave Grohl in?"

Jon
09-01-2020, 11:39 AM
well, if the criteria is purchases or trophies or whatever, I'd be shocked if I don't get an email. @Jon (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=457) I actually think it would result in the opposite. What causes stuff to inflate is scalpers and their bots. Even if a scalper did have a lot of purchases on his/her PSN account, their bots wouldn't get a shot.

That's not the way shoes work. If it was, you wouldn't see the prices you do. For the most part, they go to the same buyers every time who then get to decide how they will distribute them. A lot of skate shops, etc., do charity raffles which skews the prices. Think of it sort of like a top guild in an MMORPG, or the art world.

Whale hunting is fine, but this seems egregious. This isn't Star Citizen.

Jinsai
09-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Jon well, I guess we'll see. The idea reminds me a little of The Spiral fan thing... I paid 50 bucks for that (I think?), but the only thing that really made it worth it was that I got easy convenient access to great tickets without having to stress fighting scalpers. I understand that this is a different thing, but having to "have already bought in" is a disadvantage to last-minute scalping.

IF that's what Sony is really going for with this.

allegate
09-08-2020, 10:21 AM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1303340291517104129?s=20

:rolleyes:

so there's only a 100lb difference in the two machines?

Space Suicide
09-11-2020, 08:31 PM
That's gaudy as fuck.

Jinsai
09-11-2020, 10:45 PM
WTF Sony... so dumb.

Wretchedest
09-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Wait it seems like you get a regular ps5 with it? Lol

Kodiak33
09-13-2020, 08:31 AM
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1304768250400530432?s=19

This Wednesday at 1PST.

allegate
09-16-2020, 11:51 AM
https://twitter.com/MaxScoville/status/1306264318174924803?s=20

allegate
09-16-2020, 03:29 PM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1306308316851707904

allegate
09-16-2020, 03:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiDx4rPU4AAy9Ak?format=jpg&name=small

allegate
09-16-2020, 03:35 PM
https://twitter.com/StephenTGarvey/status/1306327013813297156?s=20

So torn on this one. That looks great, but man o man.

Haysey_Draws
09-16-2020, 04:26 PM
OK that event was good...but man did they confuse with the information. Spidey and Demon Souls are both launch titles but not said on the stream, like that's important info!

As it stands now, as much as i want to rip into Demon Souls...i'm going to wait. I cannot justify, with the world in flex as it is with jobs money, £449.99 on a console for ONE game. I will wait and save and look to purchase for my 37th next May, when there are a number of other games out (and hopefully the world gets back to normal and i can start counting on my job being secure)

allegate
09-16-2020, 05:02 PM
You know, it's just like Sony to show off the console vertically and make you pay for the stand.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-16-2020, 05:35 PM
My hype as dropped after all these PS4 version announcements. I'm sure the visuals will look much more crisp, but how much we talking here?

There are only two actual next gen games in my eyes coming on launch day and that is Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank. Everything else seems like remastered versions of PS4 titles. I dunno, something doesn't sit well with me with these announcements at all.

Final Fantasy 16 is huge, but man, I hope the visuals get better because it looked like a PS3 game at times.

I really hope that there is at least one more digital event showing off of the new UI, what else the console can actually do... Everything seems so bare bones from both sides.

Wretchedest
09-16-2020, 06:10 PM
Preorders up at Wal-Mart. Discless sold out but I was able to get the disc version

thelastdisciple
09-16-2020, 06:21 PM
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition: CAD$499.99 (RRP)
PlayStation 5 Disc Drive: CAD$629.99 (RRP)

vs.

Xbox Series S Digital: CAD$379.99
Xbox Series X Disc Drive: CAD$599.99

Quite the price gap with the digital units, is that because Series S does away with 4K but PS5 Digital doesn't?

Piko
09-16-2020, 06:23 PM

vs.

Quite the price gap with the digital units, is that because Series S does away with 4K but PS5 Digital doesn't?Pretty much. S is a downgraded next gen console. Digital PS5 isnt. Prices make sense imo.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-16-2020, 07:07 PM
I'd like to know what the point of the register pre-order thing was all about then? Are they gonna release a small batch of pre-orders through Sony themselves for who registered?

ManBurning
09-16-2020, 09:57 PM

vs.

Quite the price gap with the digital units, is that because Series S does away with 4K but PS5 Digital doesn't?

I was dumb. I did the wal-mart pre-order... was $807 CAD after tax... But, I did get a 2nd controller with that.
Still... I have issues, lol.

I don't usually like pre-ordering with wal-mart because they always botch my orders and they use UPS, and I can't stand UPS, but Best Buy sold out in seconds and the EB games site wasn't working/loading properly.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
Apparently people are receiving their emails that were selected for the registration that was held a few weeks ago. 11 million units are being shipped so I'm sure there will be a more organized second wave (I hope).

Haysey_Draws
09-17-2020, 03:43 AM
Pre-orders started in the UK 30mins ago....and they are all gone. Digital went first, but reports are now saying you can't get ANY PS5's here...so that's fun.

Reports coming out now are saying Spidey Miles is coming to PS4 as well, along with Horzions 2nd game, and some reports claim Demon Souls will also come to PS4?! My choice to wait is starting to feel like the right choice all things considered...that and i still have a dozen unplayed games on PS4 and my Switch!

Looking forward to hearing peoples reactions to the consoles, build quality, the controllers etc.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-17-2020, 04:04 AM
some reports claim Demon Souls will also come to PS4?

Demon's Souls will be exclusive only to PS5.

Horizon and Spidey will be on PS4, along with Sackboy: A Big Adventure. Buying the PS4 versions will get you a free version when you decide to make the leap to PS5. Physical upgrades will only work on standard edition consoles.

Haysey_Draws
09-17-2020, 04:42 AM
And the confusing around Demon Souls continues, the "also coming to PC" at the end of the trailer that got everyone hyped...was a human error, as was the "timed console exclusive" bit that had people wondering if it was maybe coming to PS4. Geez Sony, it's not like you had time to get this all correct first :confused:
Also on the blog post they confirmed next gen prices will include more expensive games, with DS being £70...for comparison games this gen were £50 in the UK upon release, so that's a pretty high increase...during a recession too...fuck.

Kodiak33
09-17-2020, 09:25 AM
I managed to get one from Sam's Club, we'll see if it ships.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-17-2020, 10:15 AM
https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1306362442382016512?s=19

allegate
09-17-2020, 10:33 AM
that is a great twitter account. I think it started as a NeoGAF account? I dunno, it's been a good long while since I've bothered with that hive of scum and villainy so I don't remember.

And that's not a compliment, btw. It's a cesspool.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-17-2020, 10:39 AM
that is a great twitter account. I think it started as a NeoGAF account? I dunno, it's been a good long while since I've bothered with that hive of scum and villainy so I don't remember.

And that's not a compliment, btw. It's a cesspool.

It really is.

I'm not positive on the prior account, but for the past year or so, his/hers posts would always pop up during times like these and would always make me laugh.

Twitter is a cesspool, but some funny shit filters through there.

october_midnight
09-18-2020, 02:08 PM
Oh boy. Amazon now sending emails out telling people that their consoles may not arrive on time. (https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/18/21445789/amazon-playstation-5-ps5-preorders-delayed-email?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter)

Snagging my Xbox Series X through BestBuy and this whole ordeal has made me worried for sure.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-18-2020, 04:18 PM
Oh boy. Amazon now sending emails out telling people that their consoles may not arrive on time. (https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/18/21445789/amazon-playstation-5-ps5-preorders-delayed-email?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter)

Snagging my Xbox Series X through BestBuy and this whole ordeal has made me worried for sure.

What I got from mine was that I secured one, just not getting it on launch day possibly. I don't mind waiting, but the fact that they literally said on July 17th via interview with Geoff Keighley verbatim: "We'll let you know when pre-order will happen, it's not going to happen within a minutes notice." So 24hrs was an acceptable notice??? Like wtf man...

ManBurning
09-18-2020, 04:44 PM

Yeah, my pre-order from wal-mart says it's being released on the 12th, but estimated time of delivery will be on/around the 19th. *shrugs* i mean, what's an extra week, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a release date if they don't at least try and get it to you on the release date. I always read about people in the USA getting pre-ordered items a few days before actual release date. Here in Canada, they seem to do things ass-backwards and make sure they do everything in their power so you DON'T have a pre-ordered item before official release date.

I miss the days of walking into a store on a release date and buying a video game/console and bringing it home the same date. I hate this new "order online" culture.

Space Suicide
09-20-2020, 07:52 PM
My hype as dropped after all these PS4 version announcements. I'm sure the visuals will look much more crisp, but how much we talking here?

There are only two actual next gen games in my eyes coming on launch day and that is Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank. Everything else seems like remastered versions of PS4 titles. I dunno, something doesn't sit well with me with these announcements at all.

Final Fantasy 16 is huge, but man, I hope the visuals get better because it looked like a PS3 game at times.

I really hope that there is at least one more digital event showing off of the new UI, what else the console can actually do... Everything seems so bare bones from both sides.

The jump from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 was super drastic and jarring.

The jump from Xbox One/PS4 to Xbox Series X/PS5 is barely noticeable, really. Nothing that I've seen or heard is really that much better than what we currently have. I feel the consoles could remain inactive for a few years till they're relevant for an upgrade. I'll upgrade sooner rather than later but it's not like you're being robbed of gameplay or restrictions because you own a Xbox One or a PS4. I'm not buying a launch console from either company.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-20-2020, 10:31 PM
The jump from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 was super drastic and jarring.

The jump from Xbox One/PS4 to Xbox Series X/PS5 is barely noticeable, really. Nothing that I've seen or heard is really that much better than what we currently have. I feel the consoles could remain inactive for a few years till they're relevant for an upgrade. I'll upgrade sooner rather than later but it's not like you're being robbed of gameplay or restrictions because you own a Xbox One or a PS4. I'm not buying a launch console from either company.

It's more so of them blantly lying. They said Miles Morales and Horizon was built specifically for the PS5 and then announce they are also coming to the PS4 lol... I'm holding off my full judgment until I actually see what the differences really are and how they are making them. They stated they want to prolong the PS4 life cycle by still supporting it and they would be fools to drop it, but I was expecting these sequels to be full on next gen games, not something that can be potentially held back because they wanted to plop them on PS4 as well.

If God of War 2 is released on PS4....

Watching these trailers in 4K, you really can see the differences here and there along with the ray tracing; everything is more cinematic and smooth, but like you said, it isn't a major upgrade. Not until we see what the devs can really do with the hardware.

Jinsai
09-21-2020, 12:14 AM
It's more so of them blantly lying. They said Miles Morales and Horizon was built specifically for the PS5 and then announce they are also coming to the PS4 lol... I'm holding off my full judgment until I actually see what the differences really are and how they are making them. They stated they want to prolong the PS4 life cycle by still supporting it and they would be fools to drop it, but I was expecting these sequels to be full on next gen games, not something that can be potentially held back because they wanted to plop them on PS4 as well.

If God of War 2 is released on PS4....

Watching these trailers in 4K, you really can see the differences here and there along with the ray tracing; everything is more cinematic and smooth, but like you said, it isn't a major upgrade. Not until we see what the devs can really do with the hardware.

All this is really to be expected w/ a general migration to a new platform. I guess the fact that PS4/5 will be "compatible" for a while is a strategy, and really it's not functionally that different than when you saw every PS3 game also come out on PS4. I remember reading some article about how it was daring for Batman arkham Knight to NOT have a PS3 version. Really, it was just eventual.

I also assume that bait like Demons Souls will of course NOT be available on PS4

Kodiak33
09-21-2020, 07:07 AM
All this is really to be expected w/ a general migration to a new platform. I guess the fact that PS4/5 will be "compatible" for a while is a strategy, and really it's not functionally that different than when you saw every PS3 game also come out on PS4. I remember reading some article about how it was daring for Batman arkham Knight to NOT have a PS3 version. Really, it was just eventual.

I also assume that bait like Demons Souls will of course NOT be available on PS4

Yep, Demons Souls will only be on PS5.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-21-2020, 02:15 PM

All of those games are on a streaming service... Besides the remasters they released, you're streaming PS3 games in a crappy 720p, they aren't being re-worked or upgraded in any way. The jump from PS3 and PS4's graphic fidelity is a huge difference in hardware compared to the jump to PS4 to 5, so it's not like they were like hey! You can also play Infamous: Second Son on PS3! That announcement would be just as confusing as these were to fans.

I would like to get more details on how they are really approaching the PS4 versions. I'm not naive to the fact that we were going to get PS4 games on PS5, but they simply said these games were designed for "Next gen only" just to announce they really kind of aren't lol.

Wretchedest
09-21-2020, 02:44 PM
I'm buying these consoles for graphics. If demons simply looks good I'll be fine. The game already plays solidly , but I never too a deep dive. We know it's a good game, it seems like a reasonable test of early hardware.

I think in this generation I wasn't really blown away until Arkham Knight and MKX, which were the first games without a last gen version. Today both of those games almost feel last gen compared to stuff within this generation... It's crazy. I'm not expecting anything to blow my mind just yet, I'm just impatient

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-21-2020, 03:56 PM
Infamous: Second Son kind of blew me away with the level of detail it gave to Seattle. Imo it still holds up after 6 or 7 years after it's release; its a hell of a pretty game.

Kodiak33
09-21-2020, 07:58 PM
Infamous: Second Son kind of blew me away with the level of detail it gave to Seattle. Imo it still holds up after 6 or 7 years after it's release; its a hell of a pretty game.

Me too, I loved it.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-22-2020, 03:04 PM
Sooo.... Skip to the 15:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/wIehCmr4erY

Kodiak33
10-07-2020, 08:47 AM
PS5 Teardown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaAY-jAjm0w&feature=emb_title

WorzelG
10-07-2020, 12:44 PM
I hate that it just seems to be accepted that there will be no backwards compatibility

allegate
10-07-2020, 05:53 PM
That's a gigantic heatsink, right? it just seems like a lot of the bulk of that thing is caught up in that alone.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-08-2020, 08:47 PM
That's a gigantic heatsink, right? it just seems like a lot of the bulk of that thing is caught up in that alone.

Correct. I am verrrryyy curious when it comes to the sizes of these things. Comparing both the breakdowns of each console, the XSX looks like it has absolutely no room to breathe and makes sense as to why Sony went on the beefier side. I'm dying to know how these consoles will run and even more curious as to how long that liquid metal will last.

kdrcraig
10-13-2020, 07:35 AM
antonline.com is going to have limited presales available at 2 today. They only have bundles with games I don't care about so I'll wait for just the console, but just in case anyone is interested.

I found the presale through IGN, I know nothing about that website but it seems legit enough.

Jord
10-13-2020, 01:41 PM
I hate that it just seems to be accepted that there will be no backwards compatibility

This is my one huge gripe about the PS5. I've had countless discussions with people who don't really care for backwards compatibility, saying "well if you want to play old games just plug the PS1/2/3 in", however there aren't really any excuses for Sony on this one given the new Xbox will play pretty much the whole catalogue right down to the original Xbox (if I am correct, could be wrong). To have the ability to pop any of my old games in there & play any time without having to dig out the old consoles would have been a real nice touch as I do still go back to the old games every now and then. Even the PS4 was a step down from the PS3 in that regard, I used to be able to get all kinds of older games on the PS3 store a few years ago, it was excellent.

Jinsai
10-13-2020, 02:46 PM
antonline.com is going to have limited presales available at 2 today. They only have bundles with games I don't care about so I'll wait for just the console, but just in case anyone is interested.

I found the presale through IGN, I know nothing about that website but it seems legit enough.

Well, that website SUCKED! The whole thing crashed for about an hour, and then when it finally went through everything was sold out.

RE: Backwards compatibility, I don't really understand it anymore. At the very least, I'll never get why the PS4 can't play digital PS1 games when my Vita can. The argument that I should just "plug in some old system" just to access my older library is asinine. I don't want to. I just want to be able to access it.

Why don't they just do a test market version... charge an extra 100 bucks for a fully backwards compatible version, limit it to 100,000 units, and watch it sell out in seconds. They could make a limited edition of a million units, charge $200 dollars extra and give it some nifty unique color/skin, and they'd sell out in seconds.

Kodiak33
10-13-2020, 03:56 PM
They can very easily (for them since they have all of the source code) emulate the PS1-PS3 on their system. If people in their free time can do it for the PC then Sony can do it, or outsource the emulation.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-13-2020, 05:07 PM
Back when the 60GB PS3 was released for $600.00, Sony was literally losing money on consoles sold so cut it out for production cost and we got the 40 and 80GB variants.They really shot themselves in the foot when it came to putting BWC in the PS4 since the PS3's architecture was way off course for what the PS4's turned into; not powerful enough to emulate that GPU the PS3 had. Data did show that people weren't even using the BWC feature that much even during the PS3 days.

Not even that, since they removed the BWC back with the PS3, Sony has slowly been moving away from it, no matter how much fans whine about it and they have been pretty vocal about it. I understand the convenience of it all... But how many of those old games are you really going to be playing?

I'm a purest, so could care less about BWC, but even if I wasn't, I'm not going to be super excited to buy a next gen console to play my 20 year old copy of Devil May Cry 2 that I never got around to.

Even if they could easily implement it into their console... I'm sure there is an architectural nuance as to why they don't do it. Who knows.

allegate
10-14-2020, 03:23 PM
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1316471465412358144?s=20

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-15-2020, 12:01 PM
https://youtu.be/7TBPrYJDoDE

Space Suicide
10-16-2020, 09:08 AM
Ehhhhhhh, decent I guess. I don't see third party developers really utilizing it much.

And for a fun looky-loo I went to eBay and searched PS5 console in the search bar. Man, these scalper losers are gonna be taking impatient morons for a ride. Most consoles were priced $850.00-$1000.00.

Why not wait half a year or until 2021 until stock is back and retailers and Sony don't have their heads up their ass for the release?

Haysey_Draws
10-16-2020, 01:29 PM
Sony are removing the Wishlist feature for...some reason?! This kinda sucks for me, i used it to keep a track of games i was interested in so i could see when they were on sale and get them, there's about 30 odd games there that'll just disappear ...this is especially annoying as several are digital only so i can't even add them to my Amazon wishlist instead.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-18-2020, 01:34 AM
Ghost of Tsushima DLC is pretty dam great. Customization is added onto a lot, no gimmicks, playing with another person in story mode is quite fun even without communicating and can be quite challenging once you get to higher levels. There is a decent amount to dive into and with this being free? Some other studios better take note with what Sucker Punch did with this game.

Rdm
10-18-2020, 04:05 PM
I have astro Gen 4, thinking about selling the, for the ps5 headset.

thelastdisciple
10-28-2020, 02:51 PM
Sony are removing the Wishlist feature for...some reason?! This kinda sucks for me, i used it to keep a track of games i was interested in so i could see when they were on sale and get them, there's about 30 odd games there that'll just disappear ...this is especially annoying as several are digital only so i can't even add them to my Amazon wishlist instead.
I had close to 100 games on my wishlist, i guess i should have just made a Google doc or something. Goes to show you can't ever rely on something that might actually be useful and OMG did you see what they did to the WEB STORE? I never liked using the console app to browse the store I always went to https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/home/games in my browser.

IT'S FUCKING USELESS NOW, THEY KILLED IT!

Absolute shit to non-existent navigation, no sorting options for release dates or prices. Fuck Sony, ugh! Why the hell did they do this shit?

ManBurning
10-29-2020, 05:22 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that wal-mart may have dropped the ball on my pre-order.

I got a shipping notification that my extra controller shipped and will be here next week.
But when you click on the order and go to the site, beside the controller and the console, they both say shipped.
But, the only charged me for the controller. I get the feeling I'm gonna end up with a PS5 controller and no console to use it with for 6 months.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-29-2020, 07:38 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that wal-mart may have dropped the ball on my pre-order.

I got a shipping notification that my extra controller shipped and will be here next week.
But when you click on the order and go to the site, beside the controller and the console, they both say shipped.
But, the only charged me for the controller. I get the feeling I'm gonna end up with a PS5 controller and no console to use it with for 6 months.

All accessories were sent out early. Seems like they bundled your order together... This happens sometimes but I would definitely call just incase. If they took your money when you secured the pre-order, you should be good.

Showing off the adaptive triggers! I hope these things hold up lol...
https://twitter.com/ErikFossum/status/1321794690572816389?s=19

Haysey_Draws
10-30-2020, 06:03 AM
I had close to 100 games on my wishlist, i guess i should have just made a Google doc or something. Goes to show you can't ever rely on something that might actually be useful and OMG did you see what they did to the WEB STORE? I never liked using the console app to browse the store I always went to https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/home/games in my browser.

IT'S FUCKING USELESS NOW, THEY KILLED IT!

Absolute shit to non-existent navigation, no sorting options for release dates or prices. Fuck Sony, ugh! Why the hell did they do this shit?

Yeah the web store is absolute TRASH now! I can only think they don't want people to be able to price check stuff anymore? Like just use the PSN store on the system and that's it...it's fucking stupid! I added what i could before it died to my amazon wishlist, but there's a good chance i'll miss some digital only games (this is why i hate digital only!)

ManBurning
10-30-2020, 06:34 AM
All accessories were sent out early. Seems like they bundled your order together... This happens sometimes but I would definitely call just incase. If they took your money when you secured the pre-order, you should be good.

That's the issue... they didn't take my money with the pre-order. So, worries me they may have dropped the ball, but we'll see what happens as the weeks approach. I am not putting my faith in Wal-Mart.
EB games? Best Buy? yeah... I'd put my trust in them. Wal-mart? Not so much lol. They've been known to fuck my online orders up.

Kodiak33
10-30-2020, 07:44 AM

Don't get too paranoid (yet), mine did the same thing on Sam's Club with my PS5 and membership order. I think it's common.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-30-2020, 04:26 PM
That's the issue... they didn't take my money with the pre-order. So, worries me they may have dropped the ball, but we'll see what happens as the weeks approach. I am not putting my faith in Wal-Mart.
EB games? Best Buy? yeah... I'd put my trust in them. Wal-mart? Not so much lol. They've been known to fuck my online orders up.

I don't blame you at all lol. I got mine through Amazon and they usually don't charge until the item is about to ship for pre-orders and getting that dreadful email 2 days after saying I may not get it in time sucked... but I don't mind waiting at all.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1322161338873901056?s=19
They dropped the framerates to give it that Spider-verse feel from the movie. This is just too cool.

https://twitter.com/GameLeaksRumors/status/1322264357892431875?s=09

Showing off the fast load times.

Jim Ryan also announced PS4 games will be released up until 2022... Yea I think Sony will be just fine.

versusreality
11-01-2020, 04:55 PM
I have a week off from work so I finally picked up my PS4 for the first time since early Sept. Finally getting around to starting Horizon. About 40 mins in and I love it so far. Downloaded Final Fantasy IX today, a game I actually have never played. Wanted an old school rpg to play. So I'm just going to bounce between those two games to help keep me distracted from the election news cycle.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-01-2020, 05:12 PM
I have a week off from work so I finally picked up my PS4 for the first time since early Sept. Finally getting around to starting Horizon. About 40 mins in and I love it so far. Downloaded Final Fantasy IX today, a game I actually have never played. Wanted an old school rpg to play. So I'm just going to bounce between those two games to help keep me distracted from the election news cycle.

Horizon is one of the best new IP's to come out in recent memory. You'll love it even more as the story progresses!

Final Fantasy IX is one of my favorite games from the series. The characters are all so unique, it brings you back to that old school FF feel from the early days and the system is easy to use and versatile and Zidane is such an underrated main character.

Jinsai
11-01-2020, 06:28 PM

Final Fantasy 9 has aged better for me than I would have expected. I actually hated it when it came out, and up until pretty recently I considered it to be a stumbling point for the series.

Just don't even try to go after the trophies in that game if you're into that sort of thing. Occasionally a game's trophy list actually screws up the game if you try to go for it. They should never have a trophy in an RPG that requires you to speed run the game... My little bit of OCD gets irritated at stuff like that.

versusreality
11-01-2020, 07:01 PM
I really can't wait to get into FFIX. I've played a handful of FF games (nothing past 12) and have never beaten them. Heck, I don't even think I got halfway through some of them. But always enjoyed them. I plan to beat this one.

I also downloaded Lock's Quest. This is interesting because it's a DS port on the PS4. Looks like a fun strategy/tower defense type of game.

Haysey_Draws
11-02-2020, 05:03 AM
Thanks to some good luck i might be able to actually get a PS5 now...i wonder if i'll be able to find one at the end of the month lol

wizfan
11-02-2020, 05:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aFIUAbL2cg

In other news, prepare to get your mind blown.

versusreality
11-02-2020, 06:02 AM

my friends and I knew this trick back in the day. It was an accidental discover. One of my friends deleted a file on accident and then just manically began mashing the shoulder buttons out of anger and it popped back up. We thought it was a glitch until we realized you can do it every time. We thought this was common...but this was in the pre-internet days so I guess not!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-02-2020, 09:59 AM
I love his videos lol. This trick was shown in a very old issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly way back in the yesteryears. Glad someone posted it.

Haysey_Draws
11-02-2020, 02:47 PM

...and i just found a new channel to binge! THANKS!

ManBurning
11-02-2020, 05:00 PM
I really can't wait to get into FFIX. I've played a handful of FF games (nothing past 12) and have never beaten them. Heck, I don't even think I got halfway through some of them. But always enjoyed them. I plan to beat this one.

I also downloaded Lock's Quest. This is interesting because it's a DS port on the PS4. Looks like a fun strategy/tower defense type of game.

FF9 is actually my second favorite of the series, right behind FF3 (North America release) for #1 spot.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-04-2020, 07:24 PM
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1324156117656563712?s=19
Make sure y'all are checking those monitors!

Also:

For those interested in maybe getting P.T. on PS5... Stay tuned.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1324498251844902915?s=19

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-06-2020, 12:24 PM
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1324698482817474563?s=19

Why does FROM dislike the Blood so much :(

allegate
11-06-2020, 01:13 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1324698044848373760

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-06-2020, 06:36 PM
I am DYING to know how the duelsense feels and performs in my own hands.

allegate
11-07-2020, 09:50 AM
https://twitter.com/Spideycomics7/status/1324729061290217473?s=20

I'm

I'm not deaf but it makes me well up thinking about this and what it means for those who are.

kdrcraig
11-09-2020, 01:14 PM
Walmart will have stock on their website at 12, 3, 6 and 9 pm on Thursday. Only retailer I've found so far that has announced when they'll be available. I'm hoping Best Buy does something similar. I'd much rather go to that store than the garbage Walmart near my house.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-10-2020, 06:00 PM
Amazon order is showing it will arrive on Thursday! Hope all goes well and nothing changes... Weekend is all free.

Space Suicide
11-10-2020, 09:32 PM
Amazon order is showing it will arrive on Thursday! Hope all goes well and nothing changes... Weekend is all free.

Thought you weren't going to bother?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Thought you weren't going to bother?

I said something a few pages back about the email I got from Amazon at the time for my pre-order, just didn't say I had it I believe, can't rememeber lol. I figured I'd save my pre-order incase I changed my mind at the last minute. If I didn't want it, I would have just sold it retail to someone.

Jinsai
11-11-2020, 12:50 PM
I am DYING to know how the duelsense feels and performs in my own hands.

Since it seems I can't get a PS5 for a reasonable price, I think I might actually just buy a Dualsense and sync it to my other stuff for a bit.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-11-2020, 03:31 PM
Since it seems I can't get a PS5 for a reasonable price, I think I might actually just buy a Dualsense and sync it to my other stuff for a bit.

True story. I was going to do that and just buy some accessories until I caved for the console, but you have no idea how much I juggled deciding to get it or not. I said "Fuck it" and let Amazon take my monies.

kdrcraig
11-12-2020, 07:36 AM
Stayed up late last night to try and get lucky...I was not lucky and now feel like garbage. Hopefully I can snag one from Wal-Mart today.

Edit: Got incredibly lucky and managed to get one from Best Buy. Can't pick it up until Tuesday though.

Space Suicide
11-12-2020, 06:37 PM
I'll just wait till a decent bundle drops, a redesign (I think one might be quicker than usual) or at least 25% off before I buy one. Let the first voyage batch dry up before they fine tune production and stuff.

Besides, aside Demon's Souls there's NOTHING I want PS5 or Xbox Series X for yet.

ManBurning
11-13-2020, 07:52 PM
I think I might be the only person on the planet now that got my order in during the original September pre-order that still doesn't have their unit.
Urgh. I hate wal-mart so much.

Everyone on my YouTube and Instagram are flaunting their PS5's and it's so annoying.

If a company can't guarantee your pre-ordered item to be DELIVERED on release date or at least 1 day after, then pre-orders shouldn't be a thing.
This is why I hate online shopping. I don't get why millennials and zoomers love online shopping so much, they are the "now, now now. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" generation and they are OK with ordering something and waiting 6 weeks to get it delivered when you can just walk into a store and buy it? Call me old fashioned, but I like to wake up and go down to a store on a release date and buy a physical item and BRING IT HOME the same fuckin day.

Sorry. I'm salty. Needed to vent. If I vent on reddit, I'm gonna get a new asshole torn. Least you guys are cool and OK to the complaining, haha.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-13-2020, 09:18 PM
I think I might be the only person on the planet now that got my order in during the original September pre-order that still doesn't have their unit.
Urgh. I hate wal-mart so much.

Everyone on my YouTube and Instagram are flaunting their PS5's and it's so annoying.

If a company can't guarantee your pre-ordered item to be DELIVERED on release date or at least 1 day after, then pre-orders shouldn't be a thing.
This is why I hate online shopping. I don't get why millennials and zoomers love online shopping so much, they are the "now, now now. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" generation and they are OK with ordering something and waiting 6 weeks to get it delivered when you can just walk into a store and buy it? Call me old fashioned, but I like to wake up and go down to a store on a release date and buy a physical item and BRING IT HOME the same fuckin day.

Sorry. I'm salty. Needed to vent. If I vent on reddit, I'm gonna get a new asshole torn. Least you guys are cool and OK to the complaining, haha.

It sure is frustrating man, I miss those old days so much. I forgot to transfer some money and Amazon attempted to charge me and it declined, so I had to talk to someone to make sure they charged me before the weekend... Getting it on Monday now.

Kodiak33
11-14-2020, 07:15 AM
Hope you guys are successful soon. Demon's Souls is pretty amazing, and I will say the controller hype is real. Also the audio overall is really impressive.

Jinsai
11-14-2020, 08:48 AM
it's crazy that you all even managed to get one. I've been trying. The prices people are asking for on eBay are absurd, and I'm sure all that will settle down after Christmas or whatever. I can wait. Apparently Walmart is scheduled to release another batch at some point, so maybe I'll luck out there.

Wretchedest
11-14-2020, 10:27 AM
Demon's souls is the next gen game. I have a bunch of games across both consoles, and demons souls is the only game that has jaw dropping graphics.

Rdm
11-15-2020, 12:13 AM
Got demon souls and its amazing. Magic is still OP lol

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-15-2020, 01:00 AM
it's crazy that you all even managed to get one. I've been trying. The prices people are asking for on eBay are absurd, and I'm sure all that will settle down after Christmas or whatever. I can wait. Apparently Walmart is scheduled to release another batch at some point, so maybe I'll luck out there.

Not sure if you have a Twitter, but Wario64 shares links for sales every day, along with consoles from various outlets minutes after they're announced. One of your best bets for updates.

Wretchedest
11-15-2020, 01:13 AM
Got demon souls and its amazing. Magic is still OP lol

Man I never spec for magic in these games. Care to give an explainer?

Jinsai
11-15-2020, 09:05 AM
Demons Souls was definitely more difficult w/ close ranged melee focus, but really, it's a pretty challenging game once you get further along into it (unless they changed something dramatically). I'm sure they fixed the duping trick... without that, the platinum is pretty much impossible to get because of the weapon stone upgrades, so I'd be curious to see if they adjusted the crystal gecko drop rates.

For starters, each area gets harder when you die in it, and that changes the "world tendency," and it really doesn't explain this to you. Once you start intentionally manipulating the world tendency, you start putting yourself in really challenging scenarios no matter how OP your character is.

Ugh, I really wish I had a PS5 and this game...

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-15-2020, 09:35 PM
My first experience with the console so far has been nothing but in awe; I haven't been this excited and impressed since the PS2 was released, but ffs, the packaging the actual box was in was terrible. Slight crease on the box from almost NO padding and a small tare as well. I was super scared to even open it.

Also, lost track of some time from taking pictures for about 20 minutes before even getting the thing set up. The aesthetic of the console is even better in person; they really did a fantastic job with this design.

- A bit lighter than I was expecting

- The setup was seamless and the remote connection to transfer data was simple (If you want to transfer a lot of stuff, make sure you're connected direct.)

- Extra privacy settings/two-step authentication

- The controller.... You just have to hold it and try it for yourself... I cannot really explain it atm. D-pad doesn't feel that much off from the PS4 pad, it's fine.

- Cannot believe people were complaining about having to use a simple screw for the stand. It was so easy I literally popped it on in seconds and used my finger nail to secure it lolol... People man.

Edit:
- The UI is simple and easy to navigate, although, I cannot help but think this was what they initially envisioned the PS3 interface to be like; there are glaring similarities to me.

Kodiak33
11-16-2020, 07:15 AM
Not sure if you have a Twitter, but Wario64 shares links for sales every day, along with consoles from various outlets minutes after they're announced. One of your best bets for updates.

This was exactly how I got mine. Also check https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

Kodiak33
11-16-2020, 07:19 AM
My first experience with the console so far has been nothing but in awe; I haven't been this excited and impressed since the PS2 was released, but ffs, the packaging the actual box was in was terrible. Slight crease on the box from almost NO padding and a small tare as well. I was super scared to even open it.

Also, lost track of some time from taking pictures for about 20 minutes before even getting the thing set up. The aesthetic of the console is even better in person; they really did a fantastic job with this design.

- A bit lighter than I was expecting

- The setup was seamless and the remote connection to transfer data was simple (If you want to transfer a lot of stuff, make sure you're connected direct.)

- Extra privacy settings/two-step authentication

- The controller.... You just have to hold it and try it for yourself... I cannot really explain it atm. D-pad doesn't feel that much off from the PS4 pad, it's fine.

- Cannot believe people were complaining about having to use a simple screw for the stand. It was so easy I literally popped it on in seconds and used my finger nail to secure it lolol... People man.

Edit:
- The UI is simple and easy to navigate, although, I cannot help but think this was what they initially envisioned the PS3 interface to be like; there are glaring similarities to me.

Seconding most of these comments, I think the design is really cool and different. The controller might take over the Xbox One controller as the best of all time for me.

One thing I do not like is the ease of holding the PS button to turn off the console, you have to push it once to go into the control panel to do it instead of holding it down for a few seconds to jump right to it. First world problem I know, but it was super convenient.

The good thing about waiting on a second batch of manufacturing is that they might do small engineering changes and the games will be a little cheaper (especially used).

Rdm
11-16-2020, 03:23 PM
Man I never spec for magic in these games. Care to give an explainer?

Im no expert on the stats but with magic it makes some of the boss fights really easy, it also scales with a weapon you can get very early in the game Crescent falcon.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-16-2020, 03:25 PM
Seconding most of these comments, I think the design is really cool and different. The controller might take over the Xbox One controller as the best of all time for me.

One thing I do not like is the ease of holding the PS button to turn off the console, you have to push it once to go into the control panel to do it instead of holding it down for a few seconds to jump right to it. First world problem I know, but it was super convenient.

The good thing about waiting on a second batch of manufacturing is that they might do small engineering changes and the games will be a little cheaper (especially used).

Yea, I was testing the speeds of older games and some loaded up almost instantly. But the winner here is the controller.

I made my mom (Who's last game was Sonic the Hedgehog, yes, the first one) try it out. I wanted to get a reaction from someone that never plays them and she was absolutely floored. She was smiling, laughing, making those "OH" outbursts.. It was a treat to watch because I had the same exact reactions. Sony did something special here with the duelsense. I've always been in the minority liking the Playstation controller better; the offset joysticks infuriate me on Xbox, but biased aside, this has to be the best controller I've ever experienced. Oh! And it is made super well and is pretty much rage proof.

I noticed the power off feature missing. An extra click, yes, but I feel this can be fixed with a simple update down the road... I hope they do it.

What is really a game changer as well is the PS Plus essentials. If you don't have the money to buy new games, there are a slew of games available for free through PS Plus. I have most of them but when you boot up the playstation and there are tons of options for games to play... That's a big deal to a lot of consumers. Bugsnax available? Fuck yes.

I may grab Godfall tonight. DO NOT sleep on Astros Playroom. One of the best exclusives and the nostalgia is off the charts.

Rdm
11-17-2020, 10:08 PM
Blue point should be the go to company for remaking classics - shadow of the colossus was incredible and now this is even better. I wish they remade Resident Evil 3 lol. I'm so blown away by demon souls remake

kdrcraig
11-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Picked up my PS5 last night, five minutes into playing Miles Morales the game froze and then the whole system crashed. That was a bit concerning but it was smooth sailing after that. I only played for a few hours but I absolutely love the new controller, it's so freaking comfortable to use.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Picked up my PS5 last night, five minutes into playing Miles Morales the game froze and then the whole system crashed. That was a bit concerning but it was smooth sailing after that. I only played for a few hours but I absolutely love the new controller, it's so freaking comfortable to use.

D-pad and buttons still work ace on Crash Bandicoot, if not better. Insomniac said they were looking into the crashes since most were experiencing the same thing while playing Miles. I haven't had any problems at all so far.

kdrcraig
11-19-2020, 07:21 AM
Insomniac said they were looking into the crashes since most were experiencing the same thing while playing Miles. I haven't had any problems at all so far.

Oh nice. Glad it's a known game issue and not something with my PS5. I played it for a few more hours yesterday and didn't have any issues.

Played some Borderlands 3 last night and the way the controller vibrates during reloading and what not is pretty damn cool. It's subtle but really keeps you in the game, excited to play more of Astro's Playroom to see more of what the controller can do.

WorzelG
11-19-2020, 07:25 AM
Can you play PS4 games with this console please? I read somewhere you can and you can also use the virtual reality set which would be a relief for me as it was quite expensive

kdrcraig
11-19-2020, 07:42 AM
Can you play PS4 games with this console please? I read somewhere you can and you can also use the virtual reality set which would be a relief for me as it was quite expensive

Sure can! There are a few PS4 games that you can't play, maybe 10. A quick google search will find them for you.

The VR set does work but you have to get an adapter to use it with the PS5, it's free from Sony. I couldn't find the UK site to request the adapter but I'm sure google will get you there as well.

WorzelG
11-19-2020, 08:58 AM
Sure can! There are a few PS4 games that you can't play, maybe 10. A quick google search will find them for you.

The VR set does work but you have to get an adapter to use it with the PS5, it's free from Sony. I couldn't find the UK site to request the adapter but I'm sure google will get you there as well.
Yes thanks for that. I checked the list of non compatible ones and don’t have any. My PS4 Pro is making a right racket when I play any games and the disk drive is fucked - so am hoping to upgrade for my birthday next April

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-19-2020, 12:27 PM
Oh nice. Glad it's a known game issue and not something with my PS5. I played it for a few more hours yesterday and didn't have any issues.

Played some Borderlands 3 last night and the way the controller vibrates during reloading and what not is pretty damn cool. It's subtle but really keeps you in the game, excited to play more of Astro's Playroom to see more of what the controller can do.

Well there were a few firmware problems at launch that was making the PS5 crash while taking it out of rest mode. I haven't put it in rest mode yet from being a tad skeptical, but it should be fine now. There was also a bug while transferring games that would force you to factory reset. But after the reset, everyone with the problem said it was smooth sailing after that.

Definitely take some more time to play Astros Playroom. It arguably could have been a 40 dollar game and is filled with so much nostalgia and game references from PS1 all the way up to 4.

kdrcraig
11-19-2020, 01:27 PM
I heard about the rest mode thing so I haven't used that at all. With how fast this thing boots up it's not even really needed now. My system seems fine so no harm, no foul I guess.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-19-2020, 05:04 PM
I heard about the rest mode thing so I haven't used that at all. With how fast this thing boots up it's not even really needed now. My system seems fine so no harm, no foul I guess.

I was checking some tip and trick videos that show some features you may not know about like being able to customize the bottom line and hold the mic button down on the duelsense to mute the entire system.

Also... I know Xbox has the smart delivery... But I complete forgot about the task cards on PS. You can just go to the card and instantly load the game to that specific part in the game. Honestly... With this and how fast the games boot up from a cold boot, the smart delivery on the XBSX is kinda whatever to me now.

https://youtu.be/t50S_6XP7DY

kdrcraig
11-19-2020, 06:34 PM
I’ll definitely check out that video. I haven’t even looked for customization options

versusreality
11-20-2020, 05:02 PM
the Black Friday sale is up on the PS store...think I'm going to get the FF7 remake and Persona 5 Royal for a discounted price.

Been loving the hell out of Horizon Zero Dawn btw. I kinda stopped caring for the story, I'm all about the gameplay (even if I still kinda suck at it) . Almost done with it, I think I'm on the last quest.

FFIX! Love it! So charming and just that classic PS1 era game. I'm taking my time with this intentionally.

Jinsai
11-30-2020, 01:31 PM
currently trying to buy a bundle for a PS5 for 800 GODDAMN DOLLARS and I still can't get it.

I don't think I've ever been this annoyed by something like this. How did Sony screw this up so bad. The same site did an Xbox drop earlier and it was available for over 15 minutes. Their stock of PS5s was gone in what seemed like less than 5 seconds.

Space Suicide
11-30-2020, 02:12 PM
currently trying to buy a bundle for a PS5 for 800 GODDAMN (tel:800 GODDAMN) DOLLARS and I still can't get it.

I don't think I've ever been this annoyed by something like this. How did Sony screw this up so bad. The same site did an Xbox drop earlier and it was available for over 15 minutes. Their stock of PS5s was gone in what seemed like less than 5 seconds.

More scalper led bots. I know you want it but just wait till next year when Sony pull their head of of their ass.

Jinsai
11-30-2020, 03:18 PM
if it was just about me waiting, that'd be fine... I'd probably be mostly playing Final Fantasy XIV and Demon's Souls on it personally, and I can play FFXIV right now. There's other reasons why I would have really liked to have gotten it sooner. It's just unfortunate. Fuck scalpers.

Space Suicide
11-30-2020, 07:51 PM
For fun I visit eBay every once in awhile.

Today after I replied I went and had a look. There were over 50 pages I searched (in 5/10 page increments) with high to low pricing parameters and after 50 pages most listings were still priced $1500.00-$1200.00. Basically all that tells me is the bulk of PS5 stock that is "sold out" was basically scalped and used as ransom for people THAT CAN'T WAIT, GOTTA HAVE IT for profits. Both retailer websites and Sony failed this launch. The bulk of the product went to people trying to make a quick buck. I went to a recently sold search and idiots are buying those stupid prices so as long as asswipes are willing to pay those absurd prices, that means losers that buy and resell for twice or triple the amount will be encouraged to keep doing so.

Once Sony stops having its head in the sand and addresses this problem with huge restocks to reputable outlet retailers these prices won't go away. In the end, all you're gonna end up is seeing these losers on eBay lowering the price to its proper value when they can't attempt to sell them at these stupid prices. They'll wanna dump them and when there's consoles in stores for $499.99 and $399.99 they'll either be stuck with an unsellable product or have to reduce the price and make no money off of it.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-30-2020, 08:44 PM
Once Sony stops having its head in the sand and addresses this problem with huge restocks to reputable outlet retailers these prices won't go away. In the end, all you're gonna end up is seeing these losers on eBay lowering the price to its proper value when they can't attempt to sell them at these stupid prices. They'll wanna dump them and when there's consoles in stores for $499.99 and $399.99 they'll either be stuck with an unsellable product or have to reduce the price and make no money off of it.

No such thing as a reputable outlet during this botched process unfortunately and who knows when things will even go back to normal for these consoles to be sold in stores. The horror stories I have heard from a family member that works at Walmart and a few friends from Gamestop have all confirmed missing orders, boxes falling off of the truck... My friend works at gamestop and instead of his pre-order, he received a large box of crappy retro games (Mostly sports games so someone knew they were doing.)

Sony botched this release and even when XSX's go on sale, they don't last that long but the demand for a PS5 is simply just higher. There is a small coalition that are making throwaway eBay accounts and bidding on the overpriced scalper posts and never paying lol.

Sure, the pandemic really got in the way, but I find it hilarious and shady that people can still pack into a ANY store that sells electronics, but can't buy a new console limited to one per person. There are still lines outside my stores... Hundreds of people mind you. Sony probably couldn't wait until all these units were sold out so they could announce just that and take no credibility for the launch.

Kodiak33
12-01-2020, 06:52 AM
They should've done backorders for everyone, that way you know approximately when yours is coming. Do a deposit up front and people will pay it, I don't understand why this is so hard.

cdm
12-01-2020, 07:20 AM
This sounds an awful lot like pretty much every other console launch for the past +25 years. Am I missing something?

And I'm not saying it's fine or fair or Sony couldn't roll this out better, they could, but this all seems very...expected.

kdrcraig
12-01-2020, 01:19 PM
I think I'm going to have to stop playing the PS5 Spider-Man games until they patch the freezing issues. Miles Morales froze twice, one time completely shut down the system, the other I was able to bring up the bottom menu and get back to the home screen to close the game at least. Spider-Man Remastered has frozen 3 times, first time it completely shut down the system and the next two times I couldn't even bring up the bottom menu, had to shut it down by holding down the power button on the console. Can't be good for the system. And neither game will sync the save files with the cloud.

Edit: Saw someone on reddit say playing with visuals in fidelity mode is what causes the crashing/freezing, said switching it to performance will stop it from happening. We'll see...

Kodiak33
12-01-2020, 01:49 PM
This sounds an awful lot like pretty much every other console launch for the past +25 years. Am I missing something?

And I'm not saying it's fine or fair or Sony couldn't roll this out better, they could, but this all seems very...expected.

I think much of it has to do with AMD chips and unprecedented demand for new tech right now. Nvidia and AMD just had card launches, and the consoles launched at the same time. The AMD launches split the production up so much with the computer cards and the consoles coming out. Plus the pandemic and everyone staying home and on computers all day...which when things go on sale people jump on.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-03-2020, 08:16 PM
Soo it finally happened. I put my PS5 in rest mode last night and woke up to it completely off. Hit the power button on the controller and nothing... Had to hit the power button two times for the console to go on.

Everything has been fine so far, but now I need to do some looking around and see what others are still experiencing; I thought this was ironed out.

Haysey_Draws
12-04-2020, 03:24 AM
I've defaulted back to my original plan for PS5, Looking to get it for my birthday next May. It's nigh impossible to even get onto the websites in the UK when they have stock, let alone get one (and know they are all only offering bundles for upwards of £600-700...i don't want a second controller and charge station!) and that's if it doesn't get stolen by the delivery driver.

And should give me a chance to clear my backlog...unless cyberpunk takes ALL my time lol.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Not sure why Insomniac hasn't announced it yet, but Miles Morales has an update that adds another performance mode that runs the game at 60fps WITH Ray tracing.

Edit: https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1336698057900007424?s=19

Kodiak33
12-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Not sure why Insomniac hasn't announced it yet, but Miles Morales has an update that adds another performance mode that runs the game at 60fps WITH Ray tracing.

Edit: https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1336698057900007424?s=19

Fuck yes. This was needed, I don't need 4K but I do want the bells and whistles. Hopefully they do that with Spider-Man Remastered as well.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-09-2020, 10:50 AM
Fuck yes. This was needed, I don't need 4K but I do want the bells and whistles. Hopefully they do that with Spider-Man Remastered as well.

It was such a bummer seeing the RT in one mode... Just to crawl back to 60fps with no RT. What an update.

WorzelG
01-15-2021, 09:52 AM
Grr so pissed off trying to locate a PS5 - how hard can it be to work out demand for these things and fulfill them? We're on a bit of a deadline as I gave our bluray player to my sister last summer and can't get it back for obvious reasons (shes' in London were in Wales), the diskdrive on the PS4 became fucked sometime after out of the blue and the PS3 disk drive is now a bit erratic too - my eldest will be so upset if he can't watch his blurays! Its not even about gaming

ryanmcfly
01-18-2021, 12:16 PM
After a decade and a half, I have finally jumped ship from team Xbox. Was able to score a PS5 through Dell the other day and it should be here tomorrow. Hyped as hell to play Spider-Man.

Kodiak33
01-18-2021, 12:18 PM
After a decade and a half, I have finally jumped ship from team Xbox. Was able to score a PS5 through Dell the other day and it should be here tomorrow. Hyped as hell to play Spider-Man.

So that Dell drop was legit? Very nice

thelastdisciple
01-19-2021, 10:08 PM
Am I crazy or were there WAY MORE games for PS3 than there were for the PS4? It's either that or my gaming habits have slowed down immensely.

I have close to 80 physical + digital or maybe more than that for PS3 and only like 20-25 physical + digital for PS4. The vast difference of library just kinda knocked me back a bit and made me think about what's changed in the last while, perhaps I've been buying up more of the cross platform titles for PC instead of my PS4, that could be one reason but still. Hm.

Has anyone thought about system library comparisons like this and been kinda puzzled as to the how and the why of it all?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-20-2021, 12:27 AM
Am I crazy or were there WAY MORE games for PS3 than there were for the PS4? It's either that or my gaming habits have slowed down immensely.

I have close to 80 physical + digital or maybe more than that for PS3 and only like 20-25 physical + digital for PS4. The vast difference of library just kinda knocked me back a bit and made me think about what's changed in the last while, perhaps I've been buying up more of the cross platform titles for PC instead of my PS4, that could be one reason but still. Hm.

Has anyone thought about system library comparisons like this and been kinda puzzled as to the how and the why of it all?

The PS4 has a larger library I believe. PS3 (Including Japanese titles) is around 2,100 and PS4 around 3,000.

My gaming habits are still pretty much the same, aside from the time I have available to play now. I was about 19 when PS3 came out, so I had much more on my hands to play and also due to the fact that it was a decent jump performance wise from PS2 so the itch was even bigger for me at the time. There are also a few more hundred exclusive titles for the PS3 I believe than the PS4 so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I do notice I'm a bit more selective with my games now, instead of buying every title I think might be good lol.

thelastdisciple
01-20-2021, 03:34 AM
Self.Destructive.Pattern

I certainly have some stinker games in my PS3 collection, shit like Aliens Colonial Marines, Haze, Yakuza Dead Souls, Homefront, Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

Bleechhh.

Jinsai
01-20-2021, 03:19 PM
@Self.Destructive.Pattern (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=602)

I certainly have some stinker games in my PS3 collection, shit like Aliens Colonial Marines, Haze, Yakuza Dead Souls, Homefront, Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

Bleechhh.

Those are all pretty bad, outside MK vs DC, which I thought was an ok game. The combo system in it was torture though.

WorzelG
02-16-2021, 09:57 AM
I’ve decided to bite the bullet and bought a disk version PS5 from an eBay reseller. It was only £200 over the price! But it’s worth it as the Blu-ray player has now failed on both my ps3 and PS4 and my autistic son is OBSESSED with watching dvds and Blu-ray because he can play them fast and that’s his thing, he’s just coping with only watching dvds for 2 days while it’s shipped!

im just really annoyed with Sony for fucking it up

allegate
02-16-2021, 10:07 AM
actually there's a chip shortage worldwide (https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/02/white-house-scrambles-to-address-global-chip-shortage/) and it's affecting lots of things.

WorzelG
02-16-2021, 10:42 AM
actually there's a chip shortage worldwide (https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/02/white-house-scrambles-to-address-global-chip-shortage/) and it's affecting lots of things.
So Trump is actually indirectly responsible for the PS5 woes. I’m glad I bit the bullet and bought it now as it looks like it will be a while yet for normal sales

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-16-2021, 02:48 PM
So Trump is actually indirectly responsible for the PS5 woes. I’m glad I bit the bullet and bought it now as it looks like it will be a while yet for normal sales

Yeaa they are projecting past the fall there will be shortages... It's costing them more to make them at the moment than selling them due to what you said. I need a new PC right now and everything is just inflated to ridiculous prices.

kdrcraig
02-17-2021, 07:29 AM
Anybody get hit with the stick drift shit on your DualSense controllers? Both of mine have it on the right stick and it's pretty fucking annoying. I haven't tried all of the troubleshooting things yet, disconnecting/reconnecting to blutooth fixed one for a few days but it was back to drifting last night. That one drifts vertically but is at least usable, the other one drifts so bad horizontally that I can't even use it to game with, it just spins in circles.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-17-2021, 03:17 PM
Anybody get hit with the stick drift shit on your DualSense controllers? Both of mine have it on the right stick and it's pretty fucking annoying. I haven't tried all of the troubleshooting things yet, disconnecting/reconnecting to blutooth fixed one for a few days but it was back to drifting last night. That one drifts vertically but is at least usable, the other one drifts so bad horizontally that I can't even use it to game with, it just spins in circles.

That suckkkksss. I notice a drift the second day I was playing Astros Playroom in the left stick, but it magically disappeared; guess I got lucky? Doesn't help with the fact that they use the SAME exact pieces for the analog sticks that they used for the PS4. Was hoping to find a better solution when I opened mine up.

kdrcraig
02-18-2021, 07:13 AM
Doesn't help with the fact that they use the SAME exact pieces for the analog sticks that they used for the PS4. Was hoping to find a better solution when I opened mine up.

And, from what I understand, the same company made the DualSense that made the Switch controllers that also have drift. Maybe use a different company?

I never had any drift issues with any of my PS4 controllers but this is nuts. I guess I'll try resetting the one that is unusable, after that don't really have any choice but to send it to Sony to fix.

WorzelG
02-22-2021, 06:50 AM
Got our new PS5 today, it’s looking good. Although since I bought it specifically for my son playing Blu-rays, nearly had a panic attack when it didn’t seem to recognise any disk, turns out I think I set it up upside down and you have to put them in upside down with the labels facing downwards. The disk opening is at the top

Wretchedest
02-23-2021, 02:07 AM
Yeah I'm getting drift on one of them it's pretty bad.

Haysey_Draws
02-23-2021, 06:33 AM
I've had drift on my PS4 controller for a long time now, but since i last cleaned it (i don't recommend doing it unless you are very patient and good with fiddly wires) the drift only happens on FPS games and actual move my cross hair up towards the head so it's helping in Warzone :rolleyes:

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-23-2021, 09:58 AM
And, from what I understand, the same company made the DualSense that made the Switch controllers that also have drift. Maybe use a different company?

I never had any drift issues with any of my PS4 controllers but this is nuts. I guess I'll try resetting the one that is unusable, after that don't really have any choice but to send it to Sony to fix.

Exactly lol... I didn't have problems with my sticks until YEARS of heavy use... Not two months. Also noticed playing 2D platformers, I love to use the classic X for jump, Square to attack combo and the X button is now sinking further into the controller than the others. Its not like I'm smashing the damn thing...

Jinsai
02-23-2021, 10:10 AM
I ran across a youtube video showing how to address the stick drift issue. You have to take the controller apart but it doesn't look like a very technical mod... you're not going to need an engineering degree to pull it off.

Hope I don't run into this issue. I constantly ran into a problem with the PS4/3 controllers R2 trigger breaking. Maybe I just push that button too hard (or maybe it's because it seems every game requires you to hold it down all the time)

Wretchedest
02-23-2021, 01:09 PM
At this point, outside of exclusives the Series X is simply a better console. All the little gimmicks, changes, and the drift and stuff add up to make ps5 just a worse value proposition. Meanwhile basically any check mark in the gimmick or inconvenience department is undone on xbox. All the next gen transitions are smooth. The form factor is simple and sensible, accessories from last gen still work. It's more powerful. I'm a ps fanboy for sure, but I have both consolessand I'm just simply not using ps5 unless I basically have to.

Jinsai
02-27-2021, 09:32 AM
so, the new CEO of Sony is officially a complete idiot.

They're dismantling Japan Studio, and many of the team (including producers who worked on Bloodborne and Demons Souls and the Demons Souls remake) are now free agents looking for work elsewhere.
Why did they do this? Because I guess titles like Bloodborne weren't generating enough revenue when compared to titles like Spider-Man, and that's the sort of thing he wants to focus Sony's first party exclusive efforts on.

So, this guy can go to hell.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-27-2021, 01:17 PM
so, the new CEO of Sony is officially a complete idiot.

They're dismantling Japan Studio, and many of the team (including producers who worked on Bloodborne and Demons Souls and the Demons Souls remake) are now free agents looking for work elsewhere.
Why did they do this? Because I guess titles like Bloodborne weren't generating enough revenue when compared to titles like Spider-Man, and that's the sort of thing he wants to focus Sony's first party exclusive efforts on.

So, this guy can go to hell.

Facts. This is also the same guy that pretty much made the decision for millions of people that have been asking for BC for over 15 years now. "Why would anyone play this?" BRUH, HAVE YOU WATCHED ANY TWITCH STREAMS?

I could care less about BC, but it should still be an option and losing this studio just stings and a lot of people are finally starting to realize why.

Lance McDonald had to make a 60fps patch himself for Bloodborne which has been neglected and forgotten about (Obviously) having to mod your PS4 to make it work.

... Why the fans have to keep picking up the ball is beyond me.

Space Suicide
02-28-2021, 02:25 PM
https://image-cdn.essentiallysports.com/wp-content/uploads/20200616200137/EaT-_wkXsAAABY7.jpg

Jinsai
02-28-2021, 08:07 PM
the PS5 store completely sucks.
Is there any way to just see "what are the newest titles available, by release date?" It's like they took that option away in order to give precedence to whatever shit it is they want to advertise to you. This is going to kill visibility for indie devs.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-28-2021, 11:09 PM
Is there any way to just see "what are the newest titles available, by release date?" It's like they took that option away in order to give precedence to whatever shit it is they want to advertise to you. This is going to kill visibility for indie devs.

It is extremely bare bones atm (You cannot even access Youtube TV yet or NBA app) I have to keep switching to my PS4 to use certain apps, but there is filter option when you enter it. At the top will be tabs, go to browse/little arrow and burger on left-hand side/Scroll down to "Release Date" and check in "Just Released".

Wretchedest
03-08-2021, 04:23 PM

Yeah they absolutely shit themselves on every aspect of the UI this time. The friends list - party chat meld they did is fucking awful.

I've been growing a let hatred for this console. I think it's my mediocre and bad experiences combined with the absolute hype for it and also the lack of positivity around Series X, the superior console. In general it's hard not to feel altogether jaded about this gen since nothing other than demons souls looks so much better as to justify either console, yet.

The controller is the most infuriating thing since they spend so much time hyping it. But they basically sacrificed hardware power for a series of irrelevant gimmicks on a controller that straight up breaks after a few months. The controller also has a built in mic that is *on by default* which has led to embarassing and akward situations. Chat audio also by default comes out of the controller speaker, so if you turn off sound from the controller you don't get the audio from chat. All of these things on the controller... They sound nifty i guess but they all actually suck, are inconvenient or annoying.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-08-2021, 08:12 PM
Yeah they absolutely shit themselves on every aspect of the UI this time. The friends list - party chat meld they did is fucking awful.

I've been growing a let hatred for this console. I think it's my mediocre and bad experiences combined with the absolute hype for it and also the lack of positivity around Series X, the superior console. In general it's hard not to feel altogether jaded about this gen since nothing other than demons souls looks so much better as to justify either console, yet.

The controller is the most infuriating thing since they spend so much time hyping it. But they basically sacrificed hardware power for a series of irrelevant gimmicks on a controller that straight up breaks after a few months. The controller also has a built in mic that is *on by default* which has led to embarassing and akward situations. Chat audio also by default comes out of the controller speaker, so if you turn off sound from the controller you don't get the audio from chat. All of these things on the controller... They sound nifty i guess but they all actually suck, are inconvenient or annoying.

While I do agree with almost everything you're saying, the lack of positivity around the other glorified plastic box is nothing but Microsofts own fuck ups. Simply not releasing any launch titles for your NEW console is utterly unacceptable. No innovation to their controllers, and buying up studios that will indeed alienate even more gamers. Not to mention almost every multi-plat game runs better on the PS5 atm... The data is all there.

XSX isn't doing that much worse than the PS5 despite more people simply wanting the PS5 more because there are new games being announced, so as an Xbox user, that should make you feel a bit better where the console is right now. Xbox users have to wait another year or two just to get anything substantial. Say what you want about Sony's fuck ups (And I agree) there really isn't a lot to be excited about the XSX aside from the gimmicky backwards compatibility and being able to start up a game where you left off on multiple titles. But of course, to each their own.

Besides already getting a handful of games at and around launch, Sony is getting Ratchet and Clank, Horizon Forbidden West, Returnal, Gran Turismo 7, Deathloop (Timed) Oddworld, Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade, Kena: Bridge of Secrets, Solar Ash, Ghostwire Toyko.

Even Halo: Infinite (Which is looking much better btw) won't be able to keep up with that lineup.

Wretchedest
03-08-2021, 11:02 PM
I'm not trying to be combative, but can you show me the data on the ps5 performing better? I'd like to see it.

Of course ps5 has the better exclusives, and that matters most in the end, I would never debate that. But not innovating on the controller, right now looks like a positive in my book for xbox. I don't need an adaptive trigger or fancier rumble, I just want a powerful, intuitive console. Also I think you are kind of understating how good the backwards compatibility on xbox is. It gets a lot of playtime out of some 360 games.

If anything I would say sony is still riding the success of the prior generations console announcement, even as they've slowly become the villain, while microsoft still suffers the punishment from fucking it up. And, of course, microsoft's garbage naming conventions and splitting their generations up.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Sorry for the long post, I'm working and wanna try to get it out lol... Go to digital foundry. They have all the data on how the games perform on their website. It's been tested over and over for months now.

And I'm not understating what the bc can do. I'm simply stating more people want new games, not to play Halo 2 for the thousand time, but again that's just me and the millions of others that simply want a PS5 more for that exact reason. Many do want the bc option, but they have been waiting for this for years and Sony still shows no signs of doing it. Do I agree the option should be there? Sure, but you won't see me complaining about it anymore.

The controller is a mixed bag for me, but developers can come up with some crazy stuff if they utilize the tech the right way. Expect an updated version of the controller in the near future if they indeed keep fucking up like people say they are (Including me) my point is that when people see this thing, next to an Xbox controller, they are going for the NEW thing... Some love an item that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. But I was really surprised that Microsoft did absolutely NOTHING to even make it a bit more inviting to try something with a next gen console.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit I believe was the most recent one, and while I could care less about some frame drops, PS5 is able keep it steady, with XSX dropping consistently. Apparently XSX doesn't have all the tools yet available for the system to make it run smoothly every time. I can see XSX gaining A LOT of ground however once it gets its footing on the ground with its games. It will be a lot closer than people think.

KayBur
03-15-2021, 07:03 AM
Maybe I'm off topic, but my monitor on PS4 is dead, now I'm looking for a new one. I want to choose one so that there is as little stress on the eyes as possible. We need a softer color gamut, with good detail and color rendition. Thinking about Phillips and Samsung, but maybe there are some other interesting options? I prefer a 24-inch diagonal, I think it will not be so convenient anymore. What options can I choose from the ones presented [admin edit]on the site I'm paid to promote?[/admin edit]

allegate
03-22-2021, 12:58 PM
So they're nuking the PS3, PSP, and Vita stores this summer.

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1374034203826909196

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-22-2021, 04:33 PM
Been reading about this all afternoon. So much for game preservation, huh? This is pretty shitty... We shouldn't have to rely on the emulation and modding community for stuff like this. Expect even more remasters and remakes if this really goes through.

Space Suicide
03-22-2021, 06:22 PM
Sony is anti-consumer garbage and has been riding on Xbox One's initial kinect flub and player backlash for the entire PS4/Xbox One Generation. It's only getting worse. They got away with anti-consumer practices of withholding game content and DLC for most of the last generation because of it.

These stores closing is not good to me.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-22-2021, 07:12 PM
It is still all talk at this point. I'll wait for an official announcement from Playstation before I start punching the air. I just don't see them leaving many games in the dust to never be able to be downloaded ever again since they have no interest in BC. They have to have something else planned, or this is just a bad fucking idea lol...

I always go physical, but there are some times it is easier to get the digital copy and not wait for the damn thing to come in the mail. What sucks are the games that do not get physical releases... There comes my point with games you will never be able to download again; there has to be a caveat.

Jinsai
03-22-2021, 07:24 PM
Sony has completely screwed this up.
There are so many PS2 games that I've already bought that I would buy again. Same for PS1 games and PSP. I wonder if they have any concept of how many people out there would like to pick up some Vita titles they missed out on... Ps3 games they never finished... Then again I'm the kind of idiot who pays high price for retro titles like Rogue Galaxy, and I still keep falling for this part where Sony unnecessarily phases out my digital purchases.

allegate
03-29-2021, 02:17 PM
something I just thought of: all those PSN+ games that have to do the store check to make sure you're still an active member...what happens to them once the store goes down? You can't buy them right now because you "own" them instead of actually own them so wtf is going to happen?

kdrcraig
03-30-2021, 07:00 AM
something I just thought of: all those PSN+ games that have to do the store check to make sure you're still an active member...what happens to them once the store goes down? You can't buy them right now because you "own" them instead of actually own them so wtf is going to happen?

According to the statement on the PS Blog you'll still be able to access all PS+ games that are in your collection, same as any other content you've purchased from those stores.

This does seem like such a weird move, how hard can it be to keep those stores active?

thelastdisciple
03-30-2021, 07:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExqiNoMWQAgJN7u?format=png&name=medium

THANK GOD!

Jinsai
03-30-2021, 09:55 AM
This does seem like such a weird move, how hard can it be to keep those stores active?

I believe the short-answer to this is that handling the constant catering cost of maintaining an online marketplace with thousands of titles is a very different thing than securing continued access to titles customers have already paid for... and the truth is that the titles available on the PS3/Vita/PSP store have almost certainly not been generating enough profit for Sony to justify keeping it running, and it's probably been that way for a long time. HOWEVER, the reason that this is the case is because NOBODY IS USING A PSP/PS3/VITA to buy digital content anymore. I have been a pretty big defender of the Vita as a really underrated device, but the last time I actually bought anything for it was maybe a year ago.

Though, if they actually made the PS5 backwards-compatible and surprised us all by adding a subsection to the PS5 store where all of this content would now be available to purchase on PS5...
I know, it's probably not gonna happen, because the guy who is now the CEO of Sony Entertainment sounds like a villain from one of the Revenge of the Nerds movies, but I guess I can hope they'll make a proper business decision here...

Because in case people didn't know, you can mod a PS4 to play all this stuff now w/ homebrewed firmware, so all of Sony's claims that it wasn't possible and all that... it's bullshit. And if we're now at the juncture where people at home are bored and modding their PS4 to pretty much prove Sony was lying about its ability to seamlessly play PS1/2/3 content, I'm sure we can all agree the PS5 should be equally capable. Because if not, why are we buying this piece of shit?

Oh wait... that's right... by and large, we ARE NOT buying it, because it is impossible to get nearly a year after its launch for a reasonable price because Sony released this thing like they'd never done this sort of thing before.

allegate
03-30-2021, 10:28 AM
According to the statement on the PS Blog you'll still be able to access all PS+ games that are in your collection, same as any other content you've purchased from those stores.

huh. it's still such a dumb thing though that you can't buy a PS+ game because you 'own' it. I guess it's good for Sony though because it means you are constantly re-upping to keep access.

I do hate how every time you reup it moves all the PS+ games to the top of your download list though.

PS - I wish wish fucking wish that companies would see this as a reason to patch their games that call out to the store when opening. Rock Band for one, Rock Band Blitz for sure, I can't play RBB without turning the internet off to the PS3 because it keeps dying on "checking store" when it gets an error because the servers are down. I just want to play the damn game as intended, fix the fucker. (none of the power-ups work if you're not connected so it's impossible to get a high score)

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-30-2021, 11:32 AM
It just baffles me that people actually expected these stores to stay up for however many years they thought it would. We're getting into almost 20 year territory here with some of these devices. What really sucks is the amount physical copies are already going up; go check how much a Silent Hill game is now.. Or even Metal Gear for that matter. It is incredibly disgusting.

thelastdisciple
03-30-2021, 09:42 PM
It just baffles me that people actually expected these stores to stay up for however many years they thought it would. We're getting into almost 20 year territory here with some of these devices.Perhaps it's an apples and oranges thing because PCs are an open platform not ruled by any one company vs. a console manufactured by a single company but ever since the move from PS3 to PS4 and now PS5 i have thought of the PSN store as one all encompassing service for their consoles, the same service you access no matter what generation of device you have. It's the same account and infrastructure, the only delineation is the hardware and which games are capable of running.

I think about Valve's Steam service on the PC, you mentioned the PS3 will be approaching 20 years old in a few years? Shit, my Steam account is nearly that old (going on 17 years this May), now granted Steam as a service took a few years to grow and begin to sell third party games as opposed to just being a delivery system for Valve's own games but by the time of the PS3 and the Xbox 360 it was definitely making it's mark in the digital gaming sphere.

There are games coming and going from Steam constantly but the sheer number of titles available at any given time and the data centers, customer service and payment processing it must take to run all of that and STILL this is a platform that doesn't charge you to play online or any of that bullshit. It just makes me wonder, is Sony not able to measure up to that kind of service or what? Or is it not a matter of what they're capable of but the actual work they are willing to put in?

I never thought of Valve as a company that could actually run circles around a massive corporation like Sony but if Steam can do it, what's really stopping Sony besides just choosing not to maintain everything? Jinsai had some good points but i still struggle to really see how it would affect them all that much.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-31-2021, 01:39 AM
Didn't mean to sound so absolute. You sort of answered your own question with in regards to if Sony can pull it off, because they have showed signs of not even being able to handle the simplest of aspects like navigating through menus without the entire store freezing and security infrastructure.I just think it's a bit naive to think all of these stores would at some point work within each other after the constant neglect Sony has shown over and over; it really does suck. I agree with how Steam does things, I too have had a steam account for some time, but unfortunately Sony is not Steam. Believe me, I'm hoping they have something up their sleeve now that they have less servers to handle... PSnow is a thing, and I do use it from time to time, so when I play a PS3 game on it, and it converts the menu to a PS3 UI via a server, it is almost a smack in the face when the trophies start syncing. If they somehow were able to beef up PSnow and let you download the games instead of a select few, they may have something there because streaming just isn't the answer for most players out there.

It sucks that Sony has shown almost no interest in their past catalogues and treating them like afterthoughts. They throw some classics out there, a majority no one wants to play, and that's that. It really was no surprise to me that they were canning those stores, but the uproar is definitely valid.

Kodiak33
04-03-2021, 07:37 AM
Started playing Days Gone, and I really like it.

Haysey_Draws
04-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Going to load up my PSTV with as many "exclusives" as i can so i can play them now. I adore my Vita/PSTV, but i have almost everything i want to play on it, the only other stuff were things i was waiting for a sale on (which won't happen now!) but yeah hardly anyone was buying stuff on PSVita/PSP anyone as there was only a handful of titles stull releasing. This is also the exact reason i'm so against digital only, stuff like this happens! It wouldn't be so bad if the titles were on other systems, but a lot are exclusive to the PSP/Vita/PS3 and have never seen ports anywhere. Hell i'm looking at my PSVita collection and almost all of them have gone from costing a few £ physically to being well over £50 each, it's nuts!

allegate
04-04-2021, 04:14 PM
I totally forgot that I have a Vita TV...huh.

Mcenroy
04-08-2021, 01:13 PM
Didn't mean to sound so absolute. You sort of answered your own question with in regards to if Sony can pull it off, because they have showed signs of not even being able to handle the simplest of aspects like navigating through menus without the entire store freezing and security infrastructure.I just think it's a bit naive to think all of these stores would at some point work within each other after the constant neglect Sony has shown over and over; it really does suck. I agree with how Steam does things, I too have had a steam account for some time, but unfortunately Sony is not Steam. Believe me, I'm hoping they have something up their sleeve now that they have less servers to handle... PSnow is a thing, and I do use it from time to time, so when I play a PS3 game on it, and it converts the menu to a PS3 UI via a server, it is almost a smack in the face when the trophies start syncing. If they somehow were able to beef up PSnow and let you download the games instead of a select few, they may have something there (https://skycoach.gg/wow-boost/raids) because streaming just isn't the answer for most players out there.

It sucks that Sony has shown almost no interest in their past catalogues and treating them like afterthoughts. They throw some classics out there, a majority no one wants to play, and that's that. It really was no surprise to me that they were canning those stores, but the uproar is definitely valid.

Why streaming isn't the answer for most players? Just wonder.
It is a pity for me that my favourite games are not available for PS 5 yet.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-08-2021, 09:53 PM
Why streaming isn't the answer for most players? Just wonder.
It is a pity for me that my favourite games are not available for PS 5 yet.

Depending on where you live, you can have amazing, or downright terrible connection. My PS5 has a hard connection, and streaming Metal Gear Solid 3 still has problems. The game is definitely playable, but not the same by simply just downloading it like I did with Medievil.

thelastdisciple
04-11-2021, 09:47 PM
So since PS3's access to PSN is shutting down, i just went ahead and bought three PS1 games that i really wanted.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Medal of Honor and Medal of Honor Underground.

Just started a Blood Omen run, so good! but man the PS1 emulation was really dark eh? I had to turn the brightness on my TV from 50 up to almost 100.

I have all the other Kain games on Steam but the first one is nowhere to be found so i went with the PS1 version.

allegate
04-12-2021, 10:12 AM
I think the game was just dark anyway iirc. How are the load times? I seem to remember there being load times on the vita version for some reason even though there wasn't a disc to load from.

thelastdisciple
04-12-2021, 12:05 PM
I think the game was just dark anyway iirc. How are the load times? I seem to remember there being load times on the vita version for some reason even though there wasn't a disc to load from.
Was it? I know it had the day and night cycles but man when night fell i couldn't even see where i was going, i couldn't even see the enemies. It was REALLY dark lol

The load times suck, going in and out of buildings, changing forms, loading new areas, bringing up the menus, exiting the menus. It all takes a few seconds for sure, desperately needs a remaster!

allegate
04-12-2021, 12:46 PM
the whole series needs a remaster! do a complete HD bump for all of the Kain / Soul Reaver games and put them on one disc or download.

Wretchedest
04-18-2021, 01:55 AM
The RE8 demo! Finally some real fucking food!

allegate
04-19-2021, 12:04 PM
walking that back.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1384190529743687691

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-19-2021, 04:33 PM
I wonder how many high ups had to bash this into his brain that it was indeed the wrong decision. So if they can indeed keep 2 out of the 3 stores up, it begs to question what they are still going to reveal (if there is one) with these resources they wanna focus more on.

Now to see how much money certain individuals threw at the store because they thought these games would be gone forever until further notice lol...

thelastdisciple
04-19-2021, 04:59 PM
Right after we all panic bought a bunch of games, damn pecker heads!

Well at least they listened to consumers for once.

Jinsai
04-19-2021, 06:53 PM
just telling you, the best thing you can buy on the Playstation store is the Suikoden games, because they're going to be gone forever soon enough, outside of emulation/roms, and really, these are the best JRPGs of all time. Especially 2. Suikoden 2 is the best turn based Japanese role playing game that's ever been made. If you haven't played it you're crazy.

And sadly, there will never be a proper Suikoden collection, because Konami can eat shit.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-19-2021, 09:37 PM
just telling you, the best thing you can buy on the Playstation store is the Suikoden games, because they're going to be gone forever soon enough, outside of emulation/roms, and really, these are the best JRPGs of all time. Especially 2. Suikoden 2 is the best turn based Japanese role playing game that's ever been made. If you haven't played it you're crazy.

And sadly, there will never be a proper Suikoden collection, because Konami can eat shit.

Forgotten games sadly. I second this if you love JRPG's; they are truly gems.

versusreality
04-20-2021, 05:11 AM
never got to play 2, but can say that the first Suikoden is easily, easily, one of my favorite games of all time. I forgot my team, but we were damn near unbeatable with my team attacks lol.

I wish it was available to play on the PS4...or even the Switch, because it's a perfect game for hand helds...

thelastdisciple
04-20-2021, 06:09 AM
So last Fall when update 8.00 came out for PS4 it seemed there were some pretty bad and widespread issues https://screenrant.com/ps4-update-8-version-party-friends-crash-issues/

I haven't had mine online since that update came out, now they're at 8.05 and it's unclear from the patch notes but I am curious for those who are all up to date: any idea if they fixed a lot of the issues since then?

if you had updated to 8.00 at the time did you experience any system problems as a result?

Jinsai
04-20-2021, 08:50 AM
never got to play 2, but can say that the first Suikoden is easily, easily, one of my favorite games of all time. I forgot my team, but we were damn near unbeatable with my team attacks lol.

I wish it was available to play on the PS4...or even the Switch, because it's a perfect game for hand helds...

I had 1 and 2 running on my PS Vita for a while, but my memory card got corrupted, and it's this weird thing where for some reason, you can't just download part 2 to your Vita from the library, you have to download it on PS3 and then transfer the file to the Vita. It's so weird.... it's like Konami doesn't want people to buy it.

allegate
04-20-2021, 09:56 AM
isn't that how one of the MGS titles worked as well for the vita? I seem to recall that but it's been years.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-20-2021, 12:30 PM
So last Fall when update 8.00 came out for PS4 it seemed there were some pretty bad and widespread issues https://screenrant.com/ps4-update-8-version-party-friends-crash-issues/

I haven't had mine online since that update came out, now they're at 8.05 and it's unclear from the patch notes but I am curious for those who are all up to date: any idea if they fixed a lot of the issues since then?

if you had updated to 8.00 at the time did you experience any system problems as a result?

As what the article states, I had friend lists that never loaded, menus would take forever, I rarely experienced any crashes. I only use my PS4 now for YouTube tv since they have yet to implement simple apps on PS5, but the store feels even more laggy than it was before, and everything for me feels incredibly slowed down. There is barely anything installed on it and it feels like it wants to have a nervous breakdown.

Haysey_Draws
04-23-2021, 06:34 AM
I mean i'm glad they aren't closing the stores but i did just hours before drop a bunch on various games in the Persona series ...well at least i HAVE them now!

allegate
04-23-2021, 02:51 PM
https://twitter.com/TheChrisGlass/status/1385682483232993281

yeah, that makes sense.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-24-2021, 05:07 PM
I thought I was having a stroke reading that tweet.

Wretchedest
04-24-2021, 06:41 PM
It's fascinating how Sony has become so much more the villain after their success with the ps4 and that fateful e3 announcement

Jinsai
04-24-2021, 10:26 PM
For starters, Jim Ryan NEEDS to be fired. Immediately.

allegate
04-25-2021, 05:07 PM
I thought I was having a stroke reading that tweet.

he's...excitable.

any it's funny how sony and MS keep duking it out each generation, going back and forth on #1 and #2 while Nintendo's just hanging out like hey guys what's up.