PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Anarchy - (Spoilers)

ltrandazzo
11-22-2011, 10:12 PM
This is probably my favorite show on television right now. Tonight's episode... wow. The Season 4 finale is going to be epic.

NotoriousTIMP
11-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm dying for Comcast to finally put Episode 11 on the OnDemand list so I can finally be caught up. I cant wait to see that episode since they blow a bunch of shit up with "Call of Duty" style weapons :D

johnbron
11-23-2011, 03:31 AM
After a power outage earlier, I finally got to watch tonight's episode. I really fucking love this show. There may be a lot of drama, but they sure make it worth the trip. One more week until the season finale. *sigh*

NIN64
11-23-2011, 04:07 PM
The end of last nights episode was the worst kind of cliffhanger. Thank goodness it wasn't the season finale, and we don't have to wait another year to see the continuation. I have no idea what is going to happen next!

Zimbo
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking Clay has to be gone. The preview for next week seemed to indicate such. Loving this season thus far, the best yet maybe.

NotoriousTIMP
11-23-2011, 05:08 PM
FINALLY, Ep.11 is up OnDemand! *runs to his couch with the remote*

razzletiger
11-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Clay totally had that coming to him. Can't wait for next week's episode to see who shot next!

ltrandazzo
11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Yep. Fucking intense episode tonight. I hope Jax finishes Clay off for good.

NotoriousTIMP
11-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Damn, first The Walking Dead and now SoA. I haven't been this excited about TV shows in a long long time......

Sebek
12-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Gotta give credit where credit is due. I was getting pissed off at this show last season and ready to write it off (the f'ing baby storyline, ugh, awful!) -- but this season has been soooooo much better. Lots of long due payoffs going on, looking forward to the finale!

NotoriousTIMP
12-01-2011, 01:04 AM
yeah, the baby thing was a little drawn out, but this season is killer :D

razzletiger
12-01-2011, 01:45 AM
You know, I kind of agree about the baby thing. It was cool that we got to take the club overseas, but I'm not entirely sure what Jax was supposed to learn from the whole thing.

I'm glad that they've finally embraced the whole Hamlet-style set-up we started with and are letting it play out. I'm kind of worried about Tara though, and I don't mean just because the cartel is dead set on properly carrying out the hit. I keep waiting for her to try and kill herself, now that her hand is messed up and it's seeming more and more likely that Jax will never get out of Charming and the club. Her insistence in the most recent episode on having the people closest to her tell her they love her only makes my suspicions worse.

johnbron
12-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Gotta give credit where credit is due. I was getting pissed off at this show last season and ready to write it off (the f'ing baby storyline, ugh, awful!) -- but this season has been soooooo much better. Lots of long due payoffs going on, looking forward to the finale!
Yeah. When I recommend this show to others, I warn them that season three gets a bit stupid. All I can think of is Michael from Lost screaming "WAAAAAALT! WALT! WAALT! THEY TOOK MY SON!" Hey! Let's spend an entire season resolving this! Aside from that train wreck, I really do love the show. This current season has been as good as it gets.

NotoriousTIMP
12-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Its a shame about the 3rd season and the whole baby story (even though it was a set-up for the 4th season). Going over to Ireland had so many awesome story line possibilities......

Michalrose
12-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I liked season three okay but THIS season has been so intense and exciting. I can't imagine the next 2 seasons without Clay in the picture, but the future does not bode well. How badass and scary has Opie become? I like his character and his hair this season. Looks like a real biker. Gold tooth helps.

NIN64
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Eagerly awaiting the season finale tonight. It will be bittersweet though, having to wait another year for next season. . .

aurelius
12-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah. When I recommend this show to others, I warn them that season three gets a bit stupid. All I can think of is Michael from Lost screaming "WAAAAAALT! WALT! WAALT! THEY TOOK MY SON!" Hey! Let's spend an entire season resolving this! Aside from that train wreck, I really do love the show. This current season has been as good as it gets.
Oh god, that's perfect. I always warn my friends too. Even Titus Welliver, who I love, couldn't get me engaged in that stupid season.

I really, really hope Clay dies. And I'm finding Tara's transformation into Gemma terrifying.

NIN64
12-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Didn't end the way I thought it would. Huh. I like that.

johnbron
12-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Well shit. Long story short: I liked the episode and these fuckers better bring it next YEAR. SO MANY UNANSWERED STUFFS!

ltrandazzo
12-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Yeah, it was fantastic how they ended it. Gemma knows where Jax stashed the letters, Gemma is no longer the Queen, Clay is nothing more than a lame duck waiting to be put out of his misery, and Opie is the loose cannon. Oh yeah, and shit is gonna go down with the Niners since Tig killed Laroy's girl, who BTW, was related to the biggest gangster in Oaktown.

It's gonna blow up big time next season and I can't wait.

johnbron
12-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, it was fantastic how they ended it. Gemma knows where Jax stashed the letters, Gemma is no longer the Queen, Clay is nothing more than a lame duck waiting to be put out of his misery, and Opie is the loose cannon. Oh yeah, and shit is gonna go down with the Niners since Tig killed Laroy's girl, who BTW, was related to the biggest gangster in Oaktown.

It's gonna blow up big time next season and I can't wait.
Fucking word. I love this show.

razzletiger
12-07-2011, 02:51 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Jax tries to make the club legal like the cartel. That's really their best bet at long-term survival right now, and it would also be interesting to see if they would try to take advantage of working for the CIA.

Lincoln Potter shutting down Hale's deal for Charming Heights was fantastic. I've really liked his character, and I'm sorta sad to see him go.

Tums206_BFY
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Love the ending wasn't what I expected but it was very good and Lincoln Potter's courrtoom scene against Hale was hilarious, Hale is so dislikeable. Can't wait for next season!!!! Man this was one of the best if not the best season so far IMO along with number 2.

Michalrose
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Well I sure didn't see that twist coming with the cartel! I thought it was a great finale. Tara and Jax morphing into the photo of JT and Gemma was a perfect end. Now we have to wait til next year. Maybe I'll watch the first season again.

kdrcraig
12-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Finally got caught up, what a fantastic season. I agree that last season blew, but the last few episodes were pretty damn awesome. This season was great all the way through.

Tara and Jax morphing into the photo of JT and Gemma was a perfect end.

I really liked that, very cool ending.

redshoewearer
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I think I'm going to like this - just started watching it.I have a question - I'm in season 1, and that guy who was kicked out showed up and they got mad that he still had the sons of anarchy tattoo on hit back and they burnt it off his back with a blow torch. Do they ever let him back in the group, later in the show, yes or no?

henryeatscereal
09-28-2012, 08:50 AM
I think I'm going to like this - just started watching it.I have a question - I'm in season 1, and that guy who was kicked out showed up and they got mad that he still had the sons of anarchy tattoo on hit back and they burnt it off his back with a blow torch. Do they ever let him back in the group, later in the show, yes or no?
Nope, he hasn't appeared again, he was just an excuse to show how it works the code of honor and the commitment to the club, i don't think the character will ever appear again but with Kurt Sutter you never know...

On topic: Any love for Chuckie?

http://quickthrottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Morn-230x300.jpg

NIN64
09-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Man. . . The end of that most recent episode. . .Opie. What a way to go huh?. . .

kdrcraig
09-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Man. . . The end of that most recent episode. . .Opie. What a way to go huh?. . .

Yeah that was pretty damn shocking, I really liked that character and didn't see that coming at all. Figured it would be one of the other two.

Michalrose
09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I have big love for Chuckie and his fingers or non-fingers. Not sure what those things are.

henryeatscereal
09-30-2012, 02:22 PM
I have big love for Chuckie and his fingers or non-fingers. Not sure what those things are.
Best Chuckie moment: him making chili with a severed head...

redshoewearer
10-06-2012, 12:08 PM
http://quickthrottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Morn-230x300.jpg

I have grown to love him - he is some good comic relief.

I'm in season 4 at this point, but saw last week's season 5 episode. Good show.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I fucking loved Opie.

henryeatscereal
10-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I fucking loved Opie.
Opie it's the best male character in the whole series right behind is Gemma!

redshoewearer
10-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Opie it's the best male character in the whole series right behind is Gemma!

Gemma is an amazing character. I don't always like her, but what a complex person. I liked her better earlier on, but clearly she's having problems with being sidelined and with Tara's ascendancy and seems to be becoming more of a troublemaker.

NotoriousTIMP
10-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this show is starting to fizzle out? So far the new season has left me feeling kinda 'meh' with the exception of Opie

henryeatscereal
10-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Gemma is an amazing character. I don't always like her, but what a complex person. I liked her better earlier on, but clearly she's having problems with being sidelined and with Tara's ascendancy and seems to be becoming more of a troublemaker.
I think at times the show is more about Gemma than it is about Jax!
I mean the woman has a HUGE influence in all the characters sometimes as the "good mother" sometimes as a selfish bitch, he obviously loves Jax but also she has affected his life a lot in a negative way it's obvious she's going to be a major player both in season 5 and the ending of the show.
Im amazed by Katy Sagal's performances she truly can make us either hate her or love her, much like Ron Perlman as Clay...

kdrcraig
10-08-2012, 07:01 AM
I used to like Gemma a lot but she is annoying me this season. Maybe it's because she's not in control like she usually is but it seems like they're stretching for things to have her doing. Convincing Tara to beat up that whore queen, her lame attempt at getting Able's mom to give Tara shit, just not working for me.

redshoewearer
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I used to like Gemma a lot but she is annoying me this season. Maybe it's because she's not in control like she usually is but it seems like they're stretching for things to have her doing. Convincing Tara to beat up that whore queen, her lame attempt at getting Able's mom to give Tara shit, just not working for me.

Since Clay is no longer president, and also in a lot of trouble with club because of what he did, Gemma doesn't have much status now, so I think her role is going to be more of a meddler, with attempts to make herself more relevant; Jax is reeling from what happened to Opie, but it is still pretty early in the season, and it remains to be seen how he comes into his own as president. Will it cause tension with him and Tara, and will Gemma and Clay reconcile? (I can see it happening)

Michalrose
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
The look on Jax's face when he closed the door of the hearse in the ending shot. That was intense. Someone is going to get a beat down.

novacide
10-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Shane Vendrell.

redshoewearer
10-12-2012, 08:41 PM
So what did anyone think about the latest episode? Weren't there some hilarious moments? (The drugging and blackmail setup in particular).

kdrcraig
10-13-2012, 08:43 AM
I loved Walton Goggins' cameo and the episode was ok overall, just felt a little off to me

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Holyyyy shit! The end of the new episode was nuts! What a fuck head!

redshoewearer
10-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Holyyyy shit! The end of the new episode was nuts! What a fuck head!

Yes it was. Wow. Its like 'I'm baaaaaack'. How many episodes will it take for him to be discovered. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

I read a recap of the episode and it was talking about how Jax is going against his principles by staying in the drug business, but what the recap seemed to forget is now the CIA is holding the thread of RICOH over their heads if they do get out of the drug business.

spiralout
10-24-2012, 02:10 AM
The end of that last episode changes a lot of shit. Damn.

Mr. Blaileen
10-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Crazy ending to the latest episode. It's almost frustrating watching every episode as it comes out weekly..when I first got into the show, it was already on season 3. I got to do marathons and got to satisfy those intense cliffhanger urges immediately.

redshoewearer
10-29-2012, 09:22 PM
I can not wait for tomorrow. Last week ended so insanely. With such intense cliffhangers each week, I can't even imagine what the end of the season might be like.

redshoewearer
10-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Well - good episode, but they need to kill off Frankie Diamonds. He's as annoying as hell. And Chibs better not die, and Juice either.

And that last scene with Jax and Gemma really had the show living up to its Shakespearean roots. Jax can plot with the best of them.

Michalrose
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Finally got power back and can watch my shows! I love Juicy and don't want to see anything happen to him. Love the Scotsman too.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Yea, Opie was already a fucking travesty. If Juice goes I will probably shed yet another tear from this show. But I agree heavily that Frankie should meet a brutal death.

Michalrose
11-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm sure everyone knows
Chuck Zito was a former Hell's Angel Prez. That role of Frankie Diamonds might not be a far stretch from the real thing.

Michalrose
11-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Anyone still watching? Show has been right on. I'm still confused with the whole cartel thing but the other storylines have been highly emotional. The character development of Jax is a little depressing. He is becoming the man he fought so hard not to be, or at least it seems it's going that way. Dave Navarro's guest appearance was short but cool! They had to ugly him up a bit. I read that a Jane's Addiction song will be featured in the season finale.

kdrcraig
11-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Dave Navarro's guest appearance was short but cool! They had to ugly him up a bit.

I thought that was him but figured I must be wrong. This season has been all kinds of awesome, I do agree the cartel thing is a bit confusing. Epecially with them showing up at the barn in this week's episode, not sure what that was all about. Jax is definitely turning into exactly what he didn't want to be, that shit with Wendy was just plain wrong.

spiralout
11-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm really hoping that turning Tig in is really a plan to take out Pope. I could also see it going wrong and Tig escaping with Clay to Belfast, possibly taking Juice with them. Either way I have a feeling this season finale is going to be insane.

redshoewearer
12-01-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm really hoping that turning Tig in is really a plan to take out Pope.

I totally think that is what will happen. But something's going to be left in a mess. The season won't end cleanly. Like maybe Tara getting arrested? Tig, Juice and Clay leaving, with Pope dead, just might be too tidy. I always want it to end happily ever after - Clay dead, Juice okay, Tig okay, Gemma with Nero, Jax and Tara getting to a better life, but that would all be too boring for the show.

I like Bobby's role - like a wise old sage. We all wanted Clay to die, but Bobby's reasons against were compelling.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-01-2012, 04:34 PM
This is season is crazy, and this show just gets more intense as it goes on. I love Bobby as the VP because he really is a wise mother fucker, but Jax is just going more and more down hill slowly; it's sad to watch. But what he did to Wendy was really fucked up, and I see the club breaking apart even more, Clay fleeing, and something going very very wrong with Tig. Man, the season finale will be the craziest out of all the seasons I think.

Tums206_BFY
12-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Thought that was a pretty brilliant season finale! Good stuff!

redshoewearer
12-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Looks like I and Spiralout got a few predictions right (see above) Wow, what a finale. And did anyone notice the vignette at the end - Gemma standing right behind Jax, with her hand on his shoulder, as Tara did at the end of last season, which had morphed from Gemma behind John Teller? And looks like Tig has a new friend.

spiralout
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Awesome finale! Yeah I noticed the Jax and Gemma thing at the end. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of person Jax will further become without bobby as his VP and Tara in jail. Not gonna lie I was kind of hating Jax when he initially turned Tig over, the way it turned out was great though. Tig and Jax's interaction afterwards was pretty heavy.

....and Otto, daaamn.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-05-2012, 11:23 PM
A very, very disappointing finale for me. I guess since this season has been so mind fucking, I was expecting something really mind blowing to happen. Regardless, this show always makes up for what they do so-so down the line. I am so glad that Tig got his revenge though... I was feeling so bad for him when he thought Jax betrayed him.

jessamineny
12-09-2012, 04:55 PM
And looks like Tig has a new friend.

With all the assorted... kinks... we've learned about Tig, this innocent comment managed to make me sad (and chuckle).

spiralout
07-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Oh man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpnf94mAsyc

(good music choice):)

henryeatscereal
07-29-2013, 06:32 PM
So it seems Peter "Robocop" Weller will appear on season 6 (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sons-anarchy-photo-peter-wellers-594097)!

redshoewearer
10-23-2013, 11:14 AM
So is anyone else watching? The previous 2 weeks' episodes were quite good - last week and last night's Walter Goggins appearance (as Venus seen last season) were quite riveting; Tara's on a bad path and she's going to get found out, but her reasoning is understandable. Nothing means more to her than her kids.

henryeatscereal
10-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Is anyone reading the SOA comic?

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/43a5021344d0c1b4655b045548150b7e4f3658b2/c=61-30-1919-2505&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2013/08/18/1376855179000-SonsOfAnarch-comicpreview.jpg

I picked up the first two issues and it's good! the story takes place in the middle of Season 5 and mostly concentrates on Tig and his struggle on Dawn's death, im glad they expanded this moment for us because i think i wasn't explored enough on last season...
I haven't seen Season 6 (waiting for the DVD), yet i'm excited for it, do you guys think Season 7 will be the end?

Tums206_BFY
10-23-2013, 01:19 PM
So is anyone else watching? The previous 2 weeks' episodes were quite good - last week and last night's Walter Goggins appearance (as Venus seen last season) were quite riveting; Tara's on a bad path and she's going to get found out, but her reasoning is understandable. Nothing means more to her than her kids.

I think this season has been pretty good so far! I agree though Tara is entering a zone she might not wanna be a part of despite of her good motives. Not to mention the path the club must take.

I never knew about the comic....need to check that out! and btw I think Kurt Sutter has always hinted that this show would only run 7 seasons so I wouldn't be surprised.

henryeatscereal
11-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Figured i bump this, because the video is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmICU1gMAAw

Is anyone still watching? i haven't watched anything from season 6, but i heard it's almost over and it's very quiet around here...
Without spoiling can you guy tell me if it's going good? just curious, thanks...

Tums206_BFY
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
I think Season 6 has been pretty freaking awesome so far IMO of course. Yeah I'm surprised there isn't much talking about this on here it is def the one of the best shows on tv at the moment. Including tonight's ep there are 4 left in the season.

henryeatscereal
11-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I think Season 6 has been pretty freaking awesome so far IMO of course. Yeah I'm surprised there isn't much talking about this on here it is def the one of the best shows on tv at the moment. Including tonight's ep there are 4 left in the season.
Thanks, i was wondering how it was going...
I just read in an interview that Sutter teased a "controversial scene" that would make some fans stop watching... i thought that most of you guys were offended, lol!

As soon as i'm on winter-vacation i'm watching season 6 on Netflix, i don't want to be left behind!

Sebek
11-13-2013, 01:48 AM
I'd say this season is more or less on par with other recent ones. One thing that irks me about this year, though, is their insistence on hour and a half long episodes just about every week. In the past I get it, there's a big important episode, go for it. Now it's every friggin' week, and the show is ok, but not great enough to keep me from getting impatient after an hour... especially when I know it's 90% likely that they'll waste some of that extra time on the trite use of a montage of characters reflecting while a song plays.

Michalrose
11-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I'd say this season is more or less on par with other recent ones. One thing that irks me about this year, though, is their insistence on hour and a half long episodes just about every week. In the past I get it, there's a big important episode, go for it. Now it's every friggin' week, and the show is ok, but not great enough to keep me from getting impatient after an hour... especially when I know it's 90% likely that they'll waste some of that extra time on the trite use of a montage of characters reflecting while a song plays.

I enjoy the musical montages. Most of the time the songs used are quite good, which inspires me to look up the artist. They recently used a song by the Civil Wars during a montage. Good stuff.

thelastdisciple
11-14-2013, 12:10 PM
I think my favorite use of music ever in this series was when they used AWOLNATION's Burn it Down. So awesome.

henryeatscereal
11-14-2013, 12:14 PM
The cover of "Girl from the North Country" was pretty awesome too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z3QDBsQTsQ

spiralout
11-20-2013, 01:37 AM
well shit.....tonight's episode. Didn't think they would actually go through with killing Clay.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season plays out.

bruised
11-20-2013, 01:47 AM
well shit.....tonight's episode. Didn't think they would actually go through with killing Clay.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season plays out.
Only 2 left! I hate to love this show.

darksiren82
11-20-2013, 08:45 AM
My husband got me back into this show last season (I'd watched part of the first two, he watched full seasons while deployed). I had been waiting for last night's episode...since last season. Ha! I am so excited to see what happens in the last two episodes. Hopefully a resolution to Tara's plot? I hope that doesn't spill over into next season.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Holy hell, what an episode!! Pretty much everything that I have been wanting to happen to Clay and Galen happened in mere seconds. This season has been a blast and with a couple of episodes left.. what else can happen??

Tums206_BFY
11-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Damn the last two episodes of the season should be interesting as fuck! Sucks though that we gotta wait two weeks lol

hollowsminion
11-20-2013, 11:16 AM
My armpits were sweaty through the whole episode! Ahhh!! My only gripe was it looked like Tara removed a fully intact cartridge (bullet and shell) from Bobby, not just the bullet which is the only thing fired out of a gun, the whole thing.

Michalrose
11-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Wow! Intense episode, intense season! I did not see this coming at all.....

Does anyone else think Nero is going to bow out soon? The convo between Nero and Gemma in the car was pretty tell-tale of how far he is NOT willing to go.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-21-2013, 11:56 AM

Does anyone else think Nero is going to bow out soon? The convo between Nero and Gemma in the car was pretty tell-tale of how far he is NOT willing to go.

Either bow out or be at the wrong place at the wrong time. He definitely seems like he wants to opt out, but every single time someone tries to get out and wants nothing to do with the MC... they usually end up in a body bag.

redshoewearer
11-21-2013, 12:26 PM

I think somehow he will be out; I hope it is not by being killed, but you could see him mentally starting to put distance between himself and Gemma in that car scene.

redshoewearer
12-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Well. As Happy likes to say Gemma needs to die. Like a lot. She is beyond redemption.

spiralout
12-11-2013, 02:10 AM
Well. As Happy likes to say Gemma needs to die. Like a lot. She is beyond redemption.

Couldn't agree more. Man, I kind of felt sick after watching this episode.

jnk6980
12-11-2013, 11:56 AM
fantastic episode that leaves open a great deal of possibilities and scenarios for the next season. And while I knew the outcome for tara was going to happen, as it had been heading in this direction the entire season. It was still shocking and sad to see when it happened. To me she was the heart of the series, and the one who kept Jack from falling into madness. So it will interesting to see how this all plays out.

This is what I love and at the same time hate about good Television series. They do an excellent job of creating a great season and finale that leaves you anting more and excited for the next season, but then the realization comes in that you have to wait about 8 months for the next season to start.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-11-2013, 05:09 PM
The final scene was really hard to watch... I almost couldn't believe that it was actually happening. I always wanted Tara dead.. but not like that! And fucking Juice... he has just lost all the marbles up there to this point since he knows that he will be offed after what Jax said to him. Everything got dark between a lot of important characters that sets up next season to be a cluster fuck before it even starts.

hollowsminion
12-11-2013, 07:04 PM
After seeing that white dove get destroyed I knew it was not going to be a pretty end for Tara/Ophelia. It's like I knew it was coming, but didn't want to believe it would or could be so tragically awful. Was actually physically sore/achy this morning from the stress of watching what all went down.

One nit pick though, and I can usually cut some slack since this is entertainment and you have to suspense some belief to allow things to "work" out but really....would Eli be on duty without a vest!? SERIOUSLY? Or did I miss him getting shot in the head? I really don't feel like watching it again to find out.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
After seeing that white dove get destroyed I knew it was not going to be a pretty end for Tara/Ophelia. It's like I knew it was coming, but didn't want to believe it would or could be so tragically awful. Was actually physically sore/achy this morning from the stress of watching what all went down.

One nit pick though, and I can usually cut some slack since this is entertainment and you have to suspense some belief to allow things to "work" out but really....would Eli be on duty without a vest!? SERIOUSLY? Or did I miss him getting shot in the head? I really don't feel like watching it again to find out.

Na... Eli was shot right through the chest :( He hasn't been wearing the vest because the past couple scenes he has been in, it was just him following the A.D around to meeting places.. probably thought he wouldn't need it. I wasn't expecting him to go at all. The whole scene was very hard to watch.

pigpen
12-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Na... Eli was shot right through the chest :( He hasn't been wearing the vest because the past couple scenes he has been in, it was just him following the A.D around to meeting places.. probably thought he wouldn't need it. I wasn't expecting him to go at all. The whole scene was very hard to watch.

He was stupid. Wayne's truck outside the house, and he's supposed to be keeping her safe, and yet leaves her alone in the house without even looking around to make sure it was clear?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-21-2013, 11:58 PM
He was stupid. Wayne's truck outside the house, and he's supposed to be keeping her safe, and yet leaves her alone in the house without even looking around to make sure it was clear?

I was thinking the same thing when they all showed up at the house. I mean... with everything going on even for Tara, my first instinct is to check the entire house as I am calling out Wayne's name. That's TV for ya :/

october_midnight
05-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Kurt Sutter just confirmed Marilyn Manson's role on the 7th season this fall.

"He will play Ron Tully, a white supremacist prison shot-caller who Jax (Charlie Hunnam) uses to expand his power base. “Sons has been such a big part of my life, as well as my father’s,” said Manson, who had a bit role on HBO’s Eastbound & Down last year. “So I was determined to make him proud by being involved in what will probably be remembered as the most amazing piece of television cinema. After all, the very heart of SOA is about that relationship. So now all I need is a motorcycle.” The show’s final season is set to rev up in the fall."

Luckily SOA is notorious for having no issues with reshoots...so when bloated brian shows up an hour late and half in the bag, it won't derail the entire thing. Take this seriously MM, this is one of my all time favorite shows and I don't wanna see you fuck it up...

thelastdisciple
05-29-2014, 02:31 PM
I couldn't even tolerate him as a guest on Talking Dead, this is going to be painful to watch......

Ugh what the hell Kurt Sutter?!

Space Suicide
05-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Kurt Sutter just confirmed Marilyn Manson's role on the 7th season this fall.

"He will play Ron Tully, a white supremacist prison shot-caller who Jax (Charlie Hunnam) uses to expand his power base. “Sons has been such a big part of my life, as well as my father’s,” said Manson, who had a bit role on HBO’s Eastbound & Down last year. “So I was determined to make him proud by being involved in what will probably be remembered as the most amazing piece of television cinema. After all, the very heart of SOA is about that relationship. So now all I need is a motorcycle.” The show’s final season is set to rev up in the fall."

Luckily SOA is notorious for having no issues with reshoots...so when bloated brian shows up an hour late and half in the bag, it won't derail the entire thing. Take this seriously MM, this is one of my all time favorite shows and I don't wanna see you fuck it up...

I couldn't even tolerate him as a guest on Talking Dead, this is going to be painful to watch......

Ugh what the hell Kurt Sutter?!

Talking Dead wasn't a character portrayal. It was him being himself, as fucked up as usual. He actually is an acting part for this show. I don't see how he can horrendously fuck that up, unless the character sucks.

As for him on Eastbound & Down, that was so stupidly misplaced. He added NOTHING. Wow, you're a in a 5 second cameo as some awkward looking waiter guy who Powers talks to for like 10 seconds about April.

henryeatscereal
06-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Photos of Marilyn Manson's first day on set at SONS

http://www.metalinjection.net/metal-in-the-mainstream/photos-surfance-of-marilyn-manson-first-day-on-set-at-sons-of-anarchy

october_midnight
07-08-2014, 11:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjoIq6V4TUg

Full trailer apparently coming tonight...

october_midnight
07-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Also... Courtney Love to appear in Season 7. (http://tvline.com/2014/07/08/courtney-love-sons-of-anarchy-season-7-cast/)

thelastdisciple
07-09-2014, 03:08 AM
WTF... Manson and now Courtney Love?

I can just imagine if those two cross paths on set and start trading "stories".

Space Suicide
07-09-2014, 08:25 AM
WTF... Manson and now Courtney Love?

I can just imagine if those two cross paths on set and start trading "stories".

Manson I can buy. Love not really, at anything. Shit storm waiting to happen here.

Due to fine talk with henryeatscereal here, I've acquired the first, second and third seasons on blu-ray and intend to start watching this series now as well. Another series that has passed under my radar. Just hope I don't look or come off as one of those idiotic bandwagon jumpers.

GibbonBlack
07-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Manson I can buy. Love not really, at anything.

I haven't seen it in a very long time but I remember her being good in Man On The Moon

henryeatscereal
07-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Due to fine talk with @henryeatscereal (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1572) here, I've acquired the first, second and third seasons on blu-ray and intend to start watching this series now as well. Another series that has passed under my radar. Just hope I don't look or come off as one of those idiotic bandwagon jumpers.
Second season is awesome, keep an eye in Henry Rollins, lol

october_midnight
07-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Season 7 starts Sept. 9th with a huge hour and forty five minute episode. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/17/sons-of-anarchy-final-season-premiere-date/)

october_midnight
07-17-2014, 03:12 PM
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10325130_10152573972863291_1718184642797459400_n.j pg

october_midnight
08-06-2014, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWYa759ij5U

Space Suicide
08-20-2014, 02:20 PM
My Brothers :p

Looks like Best Buy is having an extremely good, killer Day one sale price for Season 6 blu-ray next Tuesday. It also includes 6 digital issues of the SOA comic book series. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sons-of-anarchy-season-6-blu-ray-only--best-buy-w-6-digital-comic-books/25589175.p?id=3275852&skuId=25589175&ref=199&loc=f7sX52tQY3I&acampID=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-wgAEH5rTbxdkhnex0rDqQA)

I'm trading in an Xbox One game too, so I'll buy it for a whopping $5.00. I think I can afford it.

Space Suicide
08-26-2014, 04:16 PM
So that season six blu-ray from Best Buy includes the first six issues of the comics series, which translates to the Vol. 1 graphic novel. Suh-weet.

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 02:50 PM
SOA Season 7 OST to feature Bohemian Rhapsody Cover (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6243999/sons-of-anarchy-final-season-new-songs-exclusive)

Not bad!

kdrcraig
09-08-2014, 02:58 PM
That's pretty cool but I hope there aren't going to be two 5 minute music montages in just about every episode like there was last season. That shit gets old real fast.

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 03:19 PM
That's pretty cool but I hope there aren't going to be two 5 minute music montages in just about every episode like there was last season. That shit gets old real fast.

I don't mind the two minute montages before the end credit showing each member what they're doing. Hate to hear it gets excessive? :P

I'm almost on season 4.

thelastdisciple
09-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Holy shit it's that time again is it? the final ride starts tomorrow!

kdrcraig
09-08-2014, 04:40 PM
I don't mind the two minute montages before the end credit showing each member what they're doing. Hate to hear it gets excessive? :P

I'm almost on season 4.

Yeah it used to be a good thing but they started going overboard

henryeatscereal
09-08-2014, 05:13 PM
The song montage at the last episode of Season 3 is great, fits the mood perfectly and closes the season on a high note (no pun intended...), but yeah... they started abusing a bit, i mean we get that Sutter has a good musical taste but to me seems like he wants to rub it in our faces every time he has the chance...

redshoewearer
09-10-2014, 03:21 PM
So what did anyone think? I thought Manson actually acted okay, didn't really like the Bohemian Rhapsody remake, and the torture montage was a bit much One tends to forget Sutter will portray pretty much anything that pops into his head. I will spend the entire season waiting for Gemma to go but there's no guarantee.

kdrcraig
09-15-2014, 05:37 PM
I didn't like it all that much. They killed those innocent people and didn't even give a fuck? That doesn't make sense

redshoewearer
09-16-2014, 10:23 PM
^^^ Yeah I'm starting to lose patience with it. I know SOA isn't known for its subtlety but I feel like Sutter is just being self-indulgent at this point. He's a sick fuck anyway, but the story was usually good. I'm sorry it seems this way so early in the season, but Jax is starting to look like a rabid dog that just needs to be put down - he's not thinking anything through; I hope we don't have to wait almost the whole season before he finds out it was Gemma.

kdrcraig
09-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Here's another thing

The whole Gemma telling Jax that the asian guy killed Tara and then Jax torturing and killing him is super similar to a big plotline in The Shield. So much so that as soon as it started to happen on SOA all I could think was "Almost this exact plotline happened in The Shield, which was on this same network, what the fuck." That includes Gemma killing Tara and thinking that she was protecting the club.

Not a good way to start this season. I'm really getting the feeling that Sutter thinks he's king shit of turd mountain, but he's fucking up this show big time.

thelastdisciple
09-25-2014, 02:49 PM
That Skankenstein thing was just corny and dumb as hell... but i guess that was the point?.....

Maul
10-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Goddammit, I love this show and I'm waiting for the next chapter as usual but... they are making complete seasons out of building plots around someone lying and almost everyone and their families buying it and believing lies to catastrophical extrems.You'd think someone would raise an eyebrow when listening to Gemma's version of any event.. That and the SOA Invincible Mode in shootouts gets on my nerves.

Fifey
10-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Holy shit, Bobby. This season is getting intense.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-22-2014, 11:41 AM
That was crazy unexpected!!! Woww this season has been pretty great so far.

Tums206_BFY
10-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Everything is starting to unravel...

profane
10-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Everything is starting to unravel...
I accept that.

october_midnight
11-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Son of a fucking bitch.

elevenism
11-05-2014, 10:20 AM
i'm on episode 4...good god manson looked awful.
As far as everything unraveling, i kinda think that's the point.
Remember the warning Jax got when they let him out of jail.
Also, this whole thing is like a shakespearean tragedy, you know?
So it has to end this way.

Sutekh
11-05-2014, 10:28 AM
I've watched everything up to the latest episode in the past 4-5 weeks.. this is the best soap opera ever made

Also did any of you see the UK Queer as Folk? hard to believe that is Jax. Also weird how a brit can do a decent american accent but totally failed to do a cockney accent in green street
http://thebacklot.mtvnimages.com/uploads/images/kidinschool.jpg

spiralout
11-05-2014, 01:17 PM
These long ass episodes are starting to get to me. Everything is taking waaay too long to happen.

But yeah....RIP Bobby

profane
11-05-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm glad that Jax at least acknowledges that he's a piece of shit. Also Abel is a creepy product of his. But I guess we'll just have to accept that.

elevenism
11-06-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm glad that Jax at least acknowledges that he's a piece of shit. Also Abel is a creepy product of his. But I guess we'll just have to accept that.
it hit me the other day that on one level, Abel and Thomas are, in one sense, the "Sons of Anarchy," know what i mean?
Sutekh , have you seen an interview of Charlie's train wreck of an accent these days? Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ttaT9J3ZY

it's like he switches between Jax and the character from green street to whatever his real voice is just randomly.

Good GOD i love this show...such an amazing dichotomy between violence and high art, imho.

profane
11-06-2014, 05:11 PM
it hit me the other day that on one level, Abel and Thomas are, in one sense, the "Sons of Anarchy," know what i mean?
Sutekh , have you seen an interview of Charlie's train wreck of an accent these days? Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ttaT9J3ZY

it's like he switches between Jax and the character from green street to whatever his real voice is just randomly.

Good GOD i love this show...such an amazing dichotomy between violence and high art, imho.
That kinda makes sense. I feel this show derailed from the point they wanted to go.

profane
11-12-2014, 05:09 PM
That scene with Venus and Tig, man I accept that.
It was a pretty solid episode, it had kind of a redeeming quality to it. And you know what? I accept that.

blackholesun
11-12-2014, 05:37 PM
That was a great scene.

I recently binged the show over the last month and a half and caught up last night.

I have to say, the sex montage in the beginning was pretty cringe inducing haha, but pretty great episode otherwise.

profane
11-12-2014, 05:57 PM
That was a great scene.

I recently binged the show over the last month and a half and caught up last night.

I have to say, the sex montage in the beginning was pretty cringe inducing haha, but pretty great episode otherwise.

I've watched the first 6 and a half seasons in a little less than 2 weeks because I was sick and thus had the time. I agree on the opening scene, that was a little much.

Sutekh
11-12-2014, 06:42 PM
manson bumming that guy? It was brilliant! come on

best episode of the season so far

Michalrose
11-13-2014, 09:00 AM
I didn't have a problem with the opening scene. I found it interesting how each person expressed their anger/sorrow/rage, even poor Juicey. His was an expression of sorrow and acceptance.

Agree this has been the best episode of the season so far. Did anyone catch Conan? Very funny with the cast of SOA.

blackholesun
11-13-2014, 12:42 PM
I just thought it was cheesy that everyone was doing it at the same time.

I saw the Conan appearance. Pretty funny. I liked the SOA as a Nick at Nite show.

Tums206_BFY
11-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Rock bottom for good ole Juicy. Great episode some nice emotional moments like Tig and Venus and Jax and Wendy.

The Conan interview with the cast was pretty funny and good. Man only 3 episodes left should be crazy.

elevenism
11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
i can't believe what was revealed.
and i can't imagine what's going to happen!

i am kinda bummed that it's almost over.

kdrcraig
11-15-2014, 03:57 PM
i am kinda bummed that it's almost over.

I'm the opposite, so glad there are only 3 episodes left. I haven't liked the last couple seasons and these long ass episodes are ridiculous

elevenism
11-15-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm the opposite, so glad there are only 3 episodes left. I haven't liked the last couple seasons and these long ass episodes are ridiculous
Really?
i'm sorry :(

i fucking LOVE it!

profane
11-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Again a pretty solid episode. Loved the music in the scene where Jax escapes the police. Nero seems to be the only character that's still for real so to speak. Jax and Juice had a strong scene together. Just two episodes left my brothers, but I accept that.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-19-2014, 06:42 PM
My guess - Jax will get redemption for Gemma - Confronted she'll most likely take her own life. Then the MC will call the vote for Mayhem against Jax. Their will be final goodbyes and then he'll go out like a martyr. The show will probably end with his sons reading his writings. Sutter's already said that there won't be a huge bloodbath, and Hunnam said on Conan that the finale feels like a celebration of the show. I can see how this outcome abides by both of those statements. We shall see..

kdrcraig
11-20-2014, 06:17 AM
That was a great episode, a lot of really good scenes between characters. Glad Gemma was finally revealed as being the psychotic cunt she has been the whole time without anyone realizing it.

Maul
11-20-2014, 11:20 AM
If Jax doesn't die at the end of the season,I'll be dissapointed. Sure he's driven by revenge, but he's a PoS.And no matter how much his actions backfire on his loved ones, he keeps acting like a total jackass. Sure, Lin was ''innocent'' and got killed, along with all the asians but we're supposed to forgive the Sons because,hey, Jax is grieving Tara. BS. As a law student, I can't get behind that, sorry lol. Sure, the Sons of Anarchy were always outlaws, but in my eyes, they've slowly become the undisputed bad guys. If that's the main theme of the series, then hats off to Sutter. But after so much bulletproof sequences and Jax being physically superior to 99,9% of his foes, I highly doubt it.

Anyway, last two episodes were really cool, can't wait to see what happens next! Also, the character development is what really got me hooked to this series and I wasn't dissapointed. Nero is by far, the most decent guy on the show along with Wayne. Hope they make it out alive

kdrcraig
11-20-2014, 11:28 AM
If Jax doesn't die at the end of the season,I'll be dissapointed. Sure he's driven by revenge, but he's a PoS.And no matter how much his actions backfire on his loved ones, he keeps acting like a total jackass. Sure, Lin was ''innocent'' and got killed, along with all the asians but we're supposed to forgive the Sons because,hey, Jax is grieving Tara. BS. As a law student, I can't get past that, sorry lol. Sure, the Sons of Anarchy were always outlaws, but in my eyes, they've slowly become the undisputed bad guys. If that's the main theme of the series, then hats off to Sutter. But after so much bulletproof sequences and Jax being physically superior to 99,9% of his foes, I highly doubt it.

Anyway, last two episodes were really cool, can't wait to see what happens next! Also, the character development is what really got me hooked to this series and I wasn't dissapointed. Nero is by far, the most decent guy on the show along with Wayne. Hope they make it out alive!

Agreed on all points. Jax is a terrible human being

profane
11-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Jax is a cliche, he turned in to what he hated most. Wendy also kinda redeemed herself. But also a kind nod to Mr. Ultra suave Nero. I'm straight but that dude got style. And that haircut itself deserves an Emmy.

october_midnight
12-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Daaaang....

elevenism
12-03-2014, 09:32 AM
i thought this week's episode had a little too much "filler," all the tying everything up with the niners, mayans, irish, nero's crew, ahhhhhhh!
To me only a fraction of the show really advanced the story.

I bet the next one will be better.

october_midnight
12-03-2014, 09:46 AM
And to be perfectly honest, I was a bit disappointed. There was nothing unexpected, everything played out exactly as the characters had planned.

Juice had to pay for his betrayal, he got shanked in the neck as Jax wanted. 'Oh, there it is.' Gemma was on the run because Jax was most likely going to kill her for Tara's murder. He found her and killed her. 'Oh, there it is.' The only real surprise was Unser, but he had to go anyways. Then the whole Jax and Wendy hooking up at the end...ugh, I know he's the anti-hero but for me, for some reason it made him super unlikeable in the episode, more so than ever. I was sincerely hoping they'd continue their path of some kind of big twist or outcome that hardly anyone would see coming, but they decided to just tie up as many loose ends as possible...but in the way that wasn't unexpected in any way. Oh well.

Maul
12-03-2014, 04:29 PM
For me, it all depends on the final episode. I want this show to end in a tragic way, because well... all of them are scumbags. Everyone paid for their sins so far. A shame Unser had to go, but hey... he trusted Jackson! I'm guessing the club votes Jax out and they go Reaper on his ass. But knowing the show (and showrunner) and as the poster before me said, ''oh there it is'' I'm guessing Jax survives and all of the club members that are still alive will ride into the sunset together.

profane
12-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Although most of this episode was expectable, I'm still at loss for words.

elevenism
12-04-2014, 04:44 AM
For me, it all depends on the final episode. I want this show to end in a tragic way, because well... all of them are scumbags. Everyone paid for their sins so far. A shame Unser had to go, but hey... he trusted Jackson! I'm guessing the club votes Jax out and they go Reaper on his ass. But knowing the show (and showrunner) and as the poster before me said, ''oh there it is'' I'm guessing Jax survives and all of the club members that are still alive will ride into the sunset together.

i expect it to end tragically, because it has that whole Shakesperean tragedy vibe, you know? i don't think jax will survive. i think that happy, tig, and chibs will tearfully execute him. one thing i am wondering about is the bylaw jax wants changed. Could it possibly be the race thing, and maybe he wants to patch in the mayans or the bastards to go to war against...i don't know who...i have to admit i'm having a bit of a hard time keeping up with what's going on with all the various gangs. I feel pretty sure jax is going to die though. if he doesn't, it will just kill the theme, you know?

Space Suicide
12-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Major sad feelings that entire episode. Neat metaphors with the episode name ("Red Rose"). The garden where Jax shot her had white roses and she was shot in cold blood amidst them. Painting the roses red. Red with blood. Red Rose. That's what I got out of the name.

Unser I wasn't too upset or surprised about. He helped the club for years and finally a club member killed him when he wouldn't look away to a crime that could have been committed. Cruel irony. Unfortunately, he wanted it as he was tired of it all and did what he tried to do best: his job.

It sucked to watch Juice get killed but I'm glad he did it on his own terms and at a time when he knew it was coming. He became a force to be reckoned with and tried to be as loyal as possible to anyone. Things don't work out like that though.

I like Jax as a character throughout the entire series but his cold blooded killing needs to be put to an end. His meeting of Mr. Mayhem is a proper way to pay for his crimes, by having the club he loves and resides over take his life away.

Time for Papa's Goods Tuesday!

jessamineny
12-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I predict that Jax will have a death scene that mirrors Gemma's, telling the guys what they mean to him, and telling Chibs to go ahead and kill him. "You have to do this, it's who we are, it's OK..."

october_midnight
12-06-2014, 07:16 PM
ENDING SPOILER ALERT

Well, there is a companion book that was to be shipped out to fans after the finale, a coffee table book of sorts, with final memoriams and whatnot...and of course...of course...a few copies were accidentally shipped early, and it took all of an hour or two for the big finale spoiler to show up online (it is the internet in 2014 after all)...people are pissed, Sutter released a statement including a sincere apology...

It has been brought to my attention that our SOA Collector’s Edition Book has been sent out a week early by some distributors and book outlets. This book contains details about the final episode of the series. This, my friends, is a storyteller’s worst nightmare. I wanted this book to be a compliment to the show. It contains personal messages and photos from the cast, in-depth behind the scenes information and a detailed breakdown of episodes. It’s a smart, well-conceived book that I was very excited for the fans to have.

AFTER the motherucking finale. There are a thousand fucking people I can blame. And I assure you, by the time I am done, my fucking basket will be filled with heads of incompetent cunts. But as far as the fans go, the burden is on me.

Space Suicide
12-06-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm not going to read the spoilers but why do people love to chime high and sing from the rafters about plots of tv shows and movies online before the things are aired or released? I never could, can or will understand.

kdrcraig
12-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Why even post that in here? If people want to know they can find it for themselves. It's somewhat easy to accidentally see something in a spoiler on here since all you have to do is pass the mouse over it

elevenism
12-09-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm not going to read the spoilers but why do people love to chime high and sing from the rafters about plots of tv shows and movies online before the things are aired or released? I never could, can or will understand.
the only "spoilers" i've posted are about episodes that have already aired...just for the sake of the people who haven't seen them yet, since a lot of folk don't watch tv the same way these days. i'm pretty sure that's what all the "spoilers" here are.

i sincerely hope that none of the "predictions" ( i'm looking at you, @jessamineny (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=342) ) i've read in this thread are actually what's going to happen, posted by people who read REAL spoilers. :p

But if so, it's not THAT big of a deal.

So who's ready for it?! Just a few more hours!

jessamineny
12-09-2014, 04:49 PM
I just wanna know how I'm going to watch this without TPB :(

elevenism
12-09-2014, 06:11 PM
https://kickass.so/

i'm on top of it.
you click the little magnet symbols (for legal media downloads only, of course.)

scotty79
12-10-2014, 05:35 AM

I use couchtuner, probably plenty of other sites as well but this one works fine for me

jessamineny
12-10-2014, 08:21 AM
I actually found a leak last night, and watched it before it aired. :D I liked my ending better.

october_midnight
12-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Fantastic write up about the finale. (http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/sons_of_anarchy_series_finale_recap_death_jax_tell er-2014-12)

Reaps
12-10-2014, 11:38 AM

It's because folk can't say "first" on here like on youtube.

Sutekh
12-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Bit underwhelming! Ok though, not a huge disappointment.

But TBH I suspect I'd never be happy with anything - I very rarely like finales (blakes 7 being the exception)

All in all, a good series, worth sticking with it all the way. Not sure I could be arsed to watch it again though

redshoewearer
12-10-2014, 01:28 PM
I liked it. I think any who have followed for a while had a pretty good idea of where it would end up; the interesting and compelling part was seeing how what we probably knew would happen would unfold.

I loved the use of Adam Raised a Cain at the beginning. Almost as if that song was written close to 30 years ago for the scene.

pwing47
12-10-2014, 03:07 PM
As a Shield fan, I thought it was interesting that Sutter chose to use the same truck driver as the one Gemma met up in OR (the Michael Chiklis character) for the final scene.

I didn't stay up to watch the after-show, but apparently this is what Kurt had to say about it:
http://www.people.com/article/sons-of-anarchy-finale-the-shield

spiralout
12-10-2014, 04:21 PM
I was okay with the way everything wrapped up. Couldn't help but get a little emotional during the few last scenes, mainly because I've stuck with this show from the beginning. We all knew it was going to be a bit over the top.....but it worked in my opinion.

thelastdisciple
12-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Surprised they didn't do an "x years later" montage bit and maybe show what life after Jax would have been like for Charming or the kids, probably would have been too cheesy though and definitely not necessary.

It ended just fine i suppose.

kdrcraig
12-10-2014, 06:50 PM
I liked the finale. Haven't really cared for the last couples seasons but they tied it up nicely. Glad I stuck with it

Space Suicide
12-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Just finished it. :'(

I must say I'm sad that the show is over now. Wah!

I was also dismayed and saddened by that entire final montage. The song was a really, really great choice. I get the ending and it totally tied into the entire fulfilling his father's legacy and his punishment for what he has done. Anyone who hates it didn't really fully understand what the series was about. Not to mention what Jury said a few episodes ago about his father intentionally killing himself on the road. It makes even more sense on that speculation. Not to mention, Opie in season five was just wanting a way out so he took one for the club. Jax sort of did that in his own way by doing what he did. Super dramatic and tearful. Huge episode.

The final scene reminded me of so much of the Devil's Rejects...the abrupt song cut and the death result and the open road with bright sun.

Season seven was an entirely different animal and it's hard to state or judge what my favorites were with this one. Though I'll take a stab:

Four
Two
One
Six
Five
Three

I can't place seven yet. It'd probably fall in between six and five though.

I'll miss this show.

somethingelse
12-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Anyone who hates it didn't really fully understand what the series was about.

...or has a different opinion about how it could have ended :-/

somethingelse
12-11-2014, 01:49 AM
I use couchtuner, probably plenty of other sites as well but this one works fine for me

Am I the only one who finds it impossible to reach a magnet link on this site?

Just use Kickass y'all.

profane
12-11-2014, 03:52 AM
The final scene should've been Chucky accepting everything that happened [emoji17]

Sutekh
12-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Anyone who hates it didn't really fully understand what the series was about.

I think I get it - I mean it's Hamlet, right? Dunno, just feel that redemption wouldn't have been a cop out

But like I said, I'm never happy with big finales

sa_nick
12-11-2014, 08:45 AM
I think I get it - I mean it's Hamlet, right? Dunno, just feel that redemption wouldn't have been a cop out

I was thinking during the final montage, "wow, they're really hamming up the Shakespearean vibe", then it fades to a freakin Shakespeare quote.

I didn't hate the ending, which when finals are concerned, means I liked it. Jax gets zero redemption (not learning from his dads failed suicide idea, he thinks it'll work for him, but that shot of Abel with the ring tells us it's too late) which is at least fitting with the season and series as a whole (Jax making a bunch of terrible decisions).

somethingelse
12-11-2014, 08:55 AM
*shakes head* Was there anything Shakespearean before the finale. in seasons 1, 2. 3. 4...... ???

Space Suicide
12-11-2014, 09:14 AM
...or has a different opinion about how it could have ended :-/

Of course and that's fine but anyone saying him committing suicide or him killing Gemma was not a smooth move isn't too bright. The silver lining was on the wall from earlier seasons. Along with both her and Clay betraying and killing J.T. With season 6 and 7, Jax was becoming what his father disliked and also what he swore to never be. Honestly, he was worse than Clay by the end.

I don't consider it a cop out. What was he supposed to do? Even without the APB, he didn't want to be leave the burden of his club killing their leader per protocol to leave them with that guilt and those feelings. He couldn't very well give himself up for prison as he'd be killed immediately just about by everyone there since they were from rival gangs. Only logical thing for him to get his justice and save everyone was to kill himself. Even all more poetic as he did it in the same fashion of how his father died, with boots on, his father's own motorcycle and not a care in the world prior. I found it even worse to watch as he smiled on the entire ride to the meeting with the 18 wheeler.

Also, anyone notice the crow's flight during the scene? Matches the theme song perfectly: "the crow flies straight, a perfect line."

somethingelse
12-11-2014, 09:32 AM
okay, so no matter how much you try, you'll still end up with a broken neck.

Space Suicide
12-11-2014, 03:32 PM
okay, so no matter how much you try, you'll still end up with a broken neck.

Well, what would YOU have wanted?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-11-2014, 04:06 PM
I thought they wrapped everything up very nicely; nothing over the top, but nothing that dragged it down either. One of the better finales I have seen in a very long time ***cough cough*** (True Blood/Dexter). Everyone that has been watching the show can say they "Saw this coming", and I didn't find myself feeling too bad for Jax because in definitely deserved what happened. I think Sutter reached a bit too far with the symbolism, but the show went out in a classy/bloody way :).

Tums206_BFY
12-12-2014, 12:57 PM
I thought the show ended well, pretty much for the most how I expected it too. Loose ends for the most part were covered. Space your movie reference was exactly what I was thinking the entire time! Can't believe it's all over but it had a great run!

Now I gotta watch the final season of Justified.

Maul
12-12-2014, 03:58 PM
This final episode won me over. Really nice series overall.

Space Suicide
12-24-2014, 05:30 PM
http://empirenews.net/kurt-sutter-announces-plans-for-sons-of-anarchy-movie-starring-charlie-hunnam-brad-pitt/

thelastdisciple
12-24-2014, 05:42 PM
http://empirenews.net/kurt-sutter-announces-plans-for-sons-of-anarchy-movie-starring-charlie-hunnam-brad-pitt/
Unfortunately it's fake :(

Space Suicide
12-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately it's fake :(

I didn't think it real true or false, still worth showing. Not surprised it isn't.

Space Suicide
02-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Cost me a whopping $2.79 due to price matching and gift card.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/24/2130cb1e8751a614401e8b9f774f8311.jpg

october_midnight
08-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Big news....everyone knows Sutter has talked about the possibility of a prequel, but now rumor is he's quietly working on a Mayans spinoff. (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/26/sons-anarchy-spinoff-mayans)

henryeatscereal
08-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Well... it isn't the "First Nine" prequel we were promised, but sounds interesting, as long as Sutter is involved i'll be watching...

Conan The Barbarian
08-26-2015, 12:46 PM
I have yet to see anything past the first episode of the last season, this show just doesnt make feel good.

october_midnight
08-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Looks like it's not really a rumor or quiet anymore... it's official. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kurt-sutter-developing-sons-anarchy-817650)

thelastdisciple
08-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Ehhh......... not sure I'm as interested in this idea.

Def would have loved the prequel though.

Space Suicide
08-27-2015, 02:01 PM
I would've also preferred the Original 9 but this could work I guess. Not a huge fan of the Mayans outside of the first 2 seasons.

thelastdisciple
08-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Few things Kurt Sutter brought up on twitter.

-Mayan Project won't take place in NoCal. That steps on SOA mythology.

-Although the Mayan Project may intersect with SOA charters, it will be a very different show. Tone, pace, storytelling, will be unique.

-The Mayan Project is very much in the infancy stages. I will be co-creating with another writer who will run the show if it moves forward.

october_midnight
08-28-2015, 11:49 AM
I wonder how many SoA cameos there'll be?

kdrcraig
08-28-2015, 11:50 AM
I wasn't a fan of the last few seasons of Sons, I'm all set on more biker gang shit.

october_midnight
08-29-2015, 12:44 PM
The only arc I wasn't a big fan of was the storyline in Ireland for Season 3...that seemed like a 'We got nothin' else.' kinda thing lol.

kdrcraig
08-29-2015, 02:44 PM
Yeah that season was god awful

elevenism
08-29-2015, 11:17 PM
i didn't really go for the Ireland arc either.
And i felt like MOST of the final season was unnecessary.

But all in all i loved it, and i have a feeling that a Mayans spin-off could be really bad ass.

I also think a prequel movie is nearly an inevitability at this point

Mr. Blaileen
08-30-2015, 02:41 AM
No idea why, but I lost interest in the show and stopped watching after something like the first or second episode of the 6th season. I just kinda got busy, stopped watching, and never went back to it. I should pick it up one of these days, though.

The Mayans spinoff sounds interesting.

elevenism
08-30-2015, 05:16 AM
No idea why, but I lost interest in the show and stopped watching after something like the first or second episode of the 6th season.
i would most def finish it.
i will admit that the last season could have used a little more killer and a little less filler,
but all in all it's fucking awesome.
i have two t shirts and a hoodie :)

kdrcraig
04-19-2016, 06:38 AM
The complete series set on DVD or blu-ray is a deal of the day on Amazon today

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_8120694011_gbps_rlm_s-3_8062_d1d12b50?rh=i%3Amovies-tv%2Cn%3A8120694011%2Cn%3A8120694011&ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&node=8120694011

october_midnight
05-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Spinoff titled Mayans MC. (http://www.tvfanatic.com/2016/05/sons-of-anarchy-spinoff-what-will-it-be-titled/)

october_midnight
11-15-2016, 11:39 AM
And now things are starting to pick up (http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/2016/11/14/sons-of-anarchy-star-solidifies-involvement-with-spin-off-mayans/).

october_midnight
10-17-2019, 01:38 PM
Not sure what this means for Mayans MC, but Kurt Sutter was just fired from FX for being 'an abrasive dick'. (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kurt-sutter-fired-fx-being-an-abrasive-dick-1248492?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Direct)

ickyvicky
10-18-2019, 02:00 PM
Whoa! Well that sucks not knowing if the Mayans is going to continue.

ickyvicky
03-26-2021, 10:16 AM
Anyone watching the new season of the Mayans?