PDA

View Full Version : NINtendo Arcade Cabinet

halo33
07-16-2014, 10:28 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7660402/Nintendo/Backlit.jpg

So, I made a NIN themed arcade cabinet. It's something I've been kicking around in my head for years, but finally got around to doing. It was a labor of love that took me just a couple of months overall, between the actual building of the cabinet, and the configuration of the GUI.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7660402/Nintendo/Photo%20Jun%2007%2C%201%2046%2017%20PM.jpg

I made a lil video to show it in action. Thanks to InversePhase for making Pretty 8 Machine and finally motivating me to do this.

http://youtu.be/z47bV8Pd4Zo

sheepdean
07-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Oh hey that's pretty fucking neat

elevenism
07-16-2014, 10:42 AM
HOLY SHIT man. i've been drawing plans for one of those since i was about 12 years old.

fucking AWESOME!!!

can i come over and play mortal kombat 3?

halo33
07-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Thank you! Quick addition to this. The original idea actually came to me many years ago. (round 94,95) There was a Rolling Stone or Spin magazine article about NIN, and it had an attached cartoon that was titled, "What To Call NIN Fans". It showed a sterotypical NIN fan, (shaved sides, piercings etc,) and next to him was a wheel that had a variety of things on it. "Nincompoops", "Ninnies", "Nine Inch Nerds" etc.. But the one that I thought was great, was "Nintendos".

I cut it out of the magazine and had it hanging on my wall for years but lost it. I scoured the ninternet and have asked many people about it but cannot find it anywhere. Would love if anyone remembers and can scan it or post it. I'm actually amazed that I have not been able to find it.

halo33
07-16-2014, 10:44 AM
HOLY SHIT man. i've been drawing plans for one of those since i was about 12 years old.

fucking AWESOME!!!

can i come over and play mortal kombat 3?

Absolutely! Any NIN fan who finds themselves on Long Island are more than welcome to come and play a few rounds.

InversePhase
07-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Awesome work! Hyperspin's a nice frontend and your customization work is ace. I'll have to get a few more NIN chipcovers out so you can include them.... the system selector allows you to specifically assign songs to each system, right?

halo33
07-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Awesome work! Hyperspin's a nice frontend and your customization work is ace. I'll have to get a few more NIN chipcovers out so you can include them.... the system selector allows you to specifically assign songs to each system, right?
Thanks man. There's a permanent open invite for you to play on it anytime.
Yes. So, I have the songs assigned per system, but only during the system select screens. My issue is I've been trying to get the songs to also play during the game select screen. It doesn't bother me too much though, because then it might sound messy with all the game previews going on as well.

InversePhase
07-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Honestly I think you made the right choice turning the music off for game select.

halo33
07-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Wow. Vids got over 1,000 views already. Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Can't believe that many people offered me money for it.

kargath
07-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Thank you! Quick addition to this. The original idea actually came to me many years ago. (round 94,95) There was a Rolling Stone or Spin magazine article about NIN, and it had an attached cartoon that was titled, "What To Call NIN Fans". It showed a sterotypical NIN fan, (shaved sides, piercings etc,) and next to him was a wheel that had a variety of things on it. "Nincompoops", "Ninnies", "Nine Inch Nerds" etc.. But the one that I thought was great, was "Nintendos".

I cut it out of the magazine and had it hanging on my wall for years but lost it. I scoured the ninternet and have asked many people about it but cannot find it anywhere. Would love if anyone remembers and can scan it or post it. I'm actually amazed that I have not been able to find it.
I subscribed to RS back then and may have the mag. I'll check my parents house next time I'm there and see if my stuff is still boxed up and sitting around. If so, I'd be happy to scan it.

halo33
07-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Hey, thanks a bunch! I actually went through both RS & Spins websites. You can view scans on there. I searched through many many issues and came up with nothing. Making me wonder if it was a different magazine like Pulse or AP.

FULLMETAL
07-22-2014, 10:27 AM
TOO FUCKING COOL!

I'd totally ask Santa to get me one of these for Christmas, but Grandma would end up buying me Monopoly instead. Sigh.

thevoid99
07-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Shit, if I was rich. I'd pay 200k-500k for that.

halo33
07-22-2014, 05:13 PM
TOO FUCKING COOL!

I'd totally ask Santa to get me one of these for Christmas, but Grandma would end up buying me Monopoly instead. Sigh.

Thanks man! I just got back to NY from Red Rocks. I was trying to find ya. Would've liked to say hi. Doing any east coast shows?

Shit, if I was rich. I'd pay 200k-500k for that. you only need about $1000 and time. :)

tony.parente
07-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Halo33 you are proof that nin fans are the greatest fans on earth.

halo33
07-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Halo33 you are proof that nin fans are the greatest fans on earth.

awww..dude..you might get a hug for that one.

Microwave Jellyfish
07-23-2014, 10:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cy81MOO.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the minority that loves Everything, but to choose it as the one and only track from Trent's discography you thank him for?

Badum-tshhh.

That aside, awesome job! My non-NIN, but huge 'tendo fan friends are impressed as well.

screwdriver
07-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Absolutely! Any NIN fan who finds themselves on Long Island are more than welcome to come and play a few rounds.

I am totally taking you up on this

halo33
07-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm in the minority that loves Everything, but to choose it as the one and only track from Trent's discography you thank him for?

Badum-tshhh.

That aside, awesome job! My non-NIN, but huge 'tendo fan friends are impressed as well.

I was totally hoping someone would make a joke about that. :) Thank you!

halo33
08-14-2014, 06:21 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/upary5yq.jpg

looks like I got some rearranging to do.
thanks again Mr.Metheus for the poster hookup!!

halo33
09-24-2014, 04:02 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7660402/Nintendo/2014-09-23%2022.29.19.jpg

Got a custom stand made. It's got a pullout drawer for the keyboard and mouse for when I want to update. Now the question is, do I extend the artwork on the sides?? Torn.

Tumnayar
09-24-2014, 08:22 PM
gets prettier with every update, I would say yes to extending the artwork :)