PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 3 - "Who doesn't want to be Johnny Gat?"

Beef of the Sea
12-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Has anyone else picked this up and is playing?

I've bought it for 360 and am having an absolute ball with it, the action is just gang-busters from start to finish.
While I'm a little bit dirty that they've really narrowed the scope of the game down from SR2 (Less diversions and activities) I don't think anything has been lost.
In fact I'd go so far to say that it's a more refined experience, and the breadth of customisation options never ceases to amaze me.

Wretchedest
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Yes! It is truly awesome and ridiculous. The person... er... creature i have created for this game..... is truly bizarre.

The action in this game makes me wonder why anyone pays attention to uncharted. Its on a whole different level.

Beef of the Sea
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
EXACTLY, I thought that MW had set the stage for ridiculous over the top action, then I put this in my disk tray and lost my shit.

Also loving that I can have an army of purple gimps as my gang members.

terryzen
12-05-2011, 10:08 AM
finished story mode and I am at 83% finished but I stopped. wont' finish all side missions. really liked it-was fun ride and I like the goofier and sexier and more over-the-top attitude SR has than the GTA games.

isak
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I've heard positive things about the coop on this game, been thinking about games to get for me and my boyfriend to play while he's away. Anyone here tried it?

Beef of the Sea
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Yep, the Co-op mode is the same as the story; you just see your character in cut-scenes instead of your partners.
It's always particularly awesome to have someone else along for the ride, so I'd recommend it.

liquidcalm
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I played the entire of SR2 in co-op. best experience this gen hands down. I've got Saints 3, and while its good, my co-op partner is addicted to Skyrim, I feel an intervention is needed.....

Wretchedest
12-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Been getting deeper into this game. It keeps coming up with crazier wierder surprises. Its so good.
Gimps, man, gimps.

Space Suicide
06-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I have a want to obtain and play this game recently, I want it!

Worth getting?

Beef of the Sea
06-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, it's kinda short though (20-30hrs) and there's no point playing after you finish all the missions.
But all in all, I'd say it's worth getting.

Space Suicide
06-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Might have to then...

bruised
06-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I tried SR2 since it was free on PSN and it's god awful. I haven't played SR3 since I bought it. SR3 is definitely fun and weird, but it's no GTA.

kdrcraig
06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I tried SR2 since it was free on PSN and it's god awful. I haven't played SR3 since I bought it. SR3 is definitely fun and weird, but it's no GTA.

I'm probably not gonna bother even trying SR2 then. I had a lot of fun with SR3 for a while but I haven't had the motivation to go back and finish up the random stuff I have left in it. Plus I have a ton of other games I need to play, not to mention all the other free ones for PS+.

bruised
06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm probably not gonna bother even trying SR2 then. I had a lot of fun with SR3 for a while but I haven't had the motivation to go back and finish up the random stuff I have left in it. Plus I have a ton of other games I need to play, not to mention all the other free ones for PS+.
Well don't go by me, that's just my opinion. The same goes for me with having so many other games to play, and all the PS+ stuff.

Space Suicide
06-30-2012, 11:41 AM
I just bought this today finally. Stoked to play later on this afternoon or tonight!

Space Suicide
07-04-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm liking the game so far, finished Act I and a few missions of Act II. It's absurd, cheesy, over the top and bad ass as hell. I'll definitely try to 100% this shit.

I made my character a woman with a vintage updo, red lipstick, lots of blush and a mix of violet and pink eyeshadow and eyeliner = going for the best 1940's Pinup I could do. Too bad there's only one dress. Meh. The Nyte Blade pack from the Season pass gave me a cool new outfit, now my character looks like a sex-starved dominatrix nun...God help us.

I pony'd up and bought the Season Pass yesterday to get all the DLC expansions: Genki Bowl VII, Gangstas in Space and The Trouble With Clones.

I'm stoked to play Gangstas in Space but I'm fighting with myself to keep all DLC until I finish the main game....decisions, decisions.

Beef of the Sea
07-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I'd probably do it all before you finish the main game, I just couldn't be bothered going back and playing it all afterwards.
Besides, they sort of slot in anywhere really, so I don't think it matters too much story wise.

Space Suicide
07-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I started some missions from Genkibowl VII and The Trouble With Clones.