PDA

View Full Version : Cortini's Live Rig

Javra
06-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Here is a video of a tour of Ali's Live Rig done by SonicState :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXEvNUjgCg

It features a look at the stage but also the rack and the mainstage session were you can see a list of song rehearsed and ready to roll.
Surprise : It features a never played all time fan favorite : The Perfect Drug (Kiddin, it's Everything)

Here is a screenshot :
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/536029Sanstitre.png

slave2thewage
06-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Discipline and Everything? DYING.

Ryan
06-14-2014, 07:55 AM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/bfv43.jpg

BenAkenobi
06-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Cortini's Live Rig

More like Love Rig, i would say :)

dlb
06-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Quite interesting although I know shit about the stuff he's talking about. Wish he would have played some samples and stuff to hear what the stuff he's talking about sound like for an amateur.

And Ryan is right... dead souls? c'mon! that hasn't been played in ages and I'd like to see it make a return!

botley
06-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Interesting that he has TWO dedicated modular rigs running independently, now. Sounds like the Tascam tape machine is running a lot for this show, too!

I just saw an OP-1 for sale at Rough Trade NYC this weekend and almost bought it. Hell of a cool little machine!

Funny that they have two different patches for "Everything", yet it's never been played. I hope that gets some rotation before the tour ends.

WorzelG
06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Interesting that he has TWO dedicated modular rigs running independently, now. Sounds like the Tascam tape machine is running a lot for this show, too!

I just saw an OP-1 for sale at Rough Trade NYC this weekend and almost bought it. Hell of a cool little machine!

Funny that they have two different patches for "Everything", yet it's never been played. I hope that gets some rotation before the tour ends.
I really hope Trent relents and actually releases the everything video before the US tour, for some publicity (or a video for another song)

virushopper
06-14-2014, 11:58 AM
I wonder what other songs would be on there had they scroll down on that menu column.

Fist Fuck
06-14-2014, 01:39 PM
I have no idea what Cortini is talking about, but it sounds cool, I guess. I wish I would have had more time to watch him perform on stage. Damn Trent and his stage presence.

implanted_microchip
06-14-2014, 01:55 PM
I guess when TR mentioned them being able to play between forty and fifty songs, he meant it. I'm really, really hoping realistically (meaning I'm not gonna hope for Everything) for Even Deeper to come back, for Echoplex to come back and for The Fragile to come back, out of the things on that list we've not seen in a bit.

The video itself is fantastic to see; I love getting those sorts of up close in depth looks at things and really getting to see how much is going on; Allesandro has my constant respect for being able to do all of that this tour and still play bass and in general be an incredibly busy guy onstage at all times. I don't know a whole lot about the technical side of things, but things like this really make me appreciate them far more and even when I'm not sure what they're talking about it's still insightful and impressive to see the amount of things that are going on at once.

SM Rollinger
06-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Cool find, I hope we get to hear Everything live before the end of this touring cycle.

Jinsai
06-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Sounds like the Tascam tape machine is running a lot for this show, too!

I've always liked messing around and experimenting with my old Tascam tape 4 track, but I'd never considered pulling it out live. That's really interesting.

Cool that he's running Audio Damage stuff live. They make some great (and really reasonably priced) plugs.

jmtd
06-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Can't wait to watch this. Especially if he's got an op1 in the mix. Damn I want one of them.

Jinsai
06-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Can't wait to watch this. Especially if he's got an op1 in the mix. Damn I want one of them.

Seems like everyone's got one of those lately. They're awesome, but I can't justify the price. There's so much other gear I need to pick up.

Joy Prevention Hotline
06-14-2014, 10:41 PM
All the stuff he's doing during the show … it sounds terrifying.

jmtd
06-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Seems like everyone's got one of those lately. They're awesome, but I can't justify the price. There's so much other gear I need to pick up.

Yeah the price is way too steep IMHO. I have this fantasy of writing stuff on the train to work and back.

Jinsai
06-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Yeah the price is way too steep IMHO. I have this fantasy of writing stuff on the train to work and back.

The iPad has become a legitimately awesome portable songwriting studio. Sorry for the derail, but if you get the right apps it's amazing what you can do. Even an iPhone can pull it off. It's amazing how spoiled we are these days...

jmtd
06-15-2014, 03:47 PM
The iPad has become a legitimately awesome portable songwriting studio. Sorry for the derail, but if you get the right apps it's amazing what you can do. Even an iPhone can pull it off. It's amazing how spoiled we are these days...

That's true. Probably for a lot less than €500 too :) I should fiddle with dm1 a bit more (already have it) before thinking of spending any more dosh.

also interesting is the op1 is rumoured to be an android device under the hood. It seems to disprove the pundit's belief that android just doesn't have a good enough sound engine/api to do real time audio stuff. On the other hand, the android store is bereft of decent audio apps.

jessamineny
06-15-2014, 04:17 PM
After the ACL broadcast, I said I wanted to watch an entire concert performance of nothing but Cortini's station. Now I want that even more. Can't they just mount a gopro and make the thing one huge Easter Egg on the Tension video? (Along with a gigantic Easter Egg of that long-lost Wave Goodbye footage, of course.)

ericy210
06-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Anybody know if the great destroyer pedal is n the song?

nooneimportant
06-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Nobody wants to mention Ghosts 31 and Ghosts 8?

Ghosts 8 was played once back in 2008.

slave2thewage
06-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Looks like HTDA rehearsed Speaking in Tongues to boot!

hobochic
06-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Discipline and Everything? DYING.

Since when was "Discipline" rare or awesome?

slave2thewage
06-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Since when was "Discipline" rare or awesome?
It hasn't been performed since 2009 and it's great live. So much better than that flop "Echoplex".

hobochic
06-16-2014, 06:48 AM
It hasn't been performed since 2009 and it's great live. So much better than that flop "Echoplex".

Good riddance ;)

I'd rather see Happiness in Slavery but wouldn't mind Echoplex though.

Kyle
06-17-2014, 12:02 AM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/bfv43.jpg

Since this is clearly in alphabetical order.....

1. We know And All That Could Have Been won't be appearing anytime soon.
2. For those who want to hear Happiness in Slavery, we get cut off right before the H's. :(