PDA

View Full Version : [Music] Looking for NIN fan made remixes for compilation

cOmaRecOrdz
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Hello. I run the cOmaRecOrdz netlabel. We release (always for free) underground music from all around the world. I'm looking for fan made NIN remix tracks for a compilation idea I have. It's tentatively titled "Everything Is Blue In This World". It will be released under a creative commons license. If anyone is interested in submitting a track please send it to the following address: comarecordznetlabel@gmail.com

If anyone has any questions/ideas feel free to message me. You can check out the label here: http://www.comarecordz.com

ItsJustDave
06-12-2014, 06:33 PM
If it's to be released under a cc license, people will only be able to remix stuff that's already cc, correct?

cOmaRecOrdz
06-12-2014, 06:59 PM
If it's to be released under a cc license, people will only be able to remix stuff that's already cc, correct?

I've never heard of that. We've released remixed stuff before. Two months ago we released a whole album of remixes that Nebulist did. Netlabels do this all the time.

ItsJustDave
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
You run a netlabel, yet you don't know how licensing works?

You can't create derivative works from something you don't have the rights to and turn around and tack a cc license on the new thing you created.

This is pretty much the whole reason for the existence of the CC license. To enable content creators to explicitly state how people can use their stuff. Much of the NIN catalog is not CC licensed.

cOmaRecOrdz
06-13-2014, 12:18 AM
You run a netlabel, yet you don't know how licensing works?

You can't create derivative works from something you don't have the rights to and turn around and tack a cc license on the new thing you created.

This is pretty much the whole reason for the existence of the CC license. To enable content creators to explicitly state how people can use their stuff. Much of the NIN catalog is not CC licensed.

I should have worded that better. And yes, I run a netlabel and it's been very successful. We've had over a million downloads of our releases in just under four years and we've had some very notable names from the electronic underground release with us. Anyways, I've found what I was looking for. Thank you.

Leviathant
06-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Heh. Just sayin, when I search Google for "nin remixes" the first result is remix.nin.com, the second is ninremixes.com, and the third is a NIN remix group on Soundcloud. You can find curated lists on remix.nin.com, although the interface is pretty clunky. Anyhow, good luck with your compilation.

cOmaRecOrdz
06-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Heh. Just sayin, when I search Google for "nin remixes" the first result is remix.nin.com, the second is ninremixes.com, and the third is a NIN remix group on Soundcloud. You can find curated lists on remix.nin.com, although the interface is pretty clunky. Anyhow, good luck with your compilation.

Thanks, Leviathant. I've already got a few remixes from the remix.nin.com site. And I agree, the interface there is absolutely horrid. I was just posting on this site to see if I could find any other good remixes. If this all comes together like I want it to I'll be sure to post a link to the compilation here.