PDA

View Full Version : 2014.05.31 - Barcelona, Spain @ Primavera Sound

TheBang
05-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Primavera Sound

Lastentrance
06-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Absolutely incredible show. This is the 6th time I've seen NIN live, and it stands out as their best performance for me. So much energy, the band were incredibly tight and Trent was in a great mood. There was a problem with one of the uplights during Piggy so Trent kicked it and ordered someone to sort it out (which they did promptly). Trent also threw a guitar after some problems playing the end notes to Find My Way, but I think this was all just channeling his excited mood.

This was probably the 2nd biggest crowd of the festival (after Arcade Fire), and a sea of NIN shirts for the whole of the final day. We arrived an hour and a half early (missing Buzzcocks and Ty Segall :( ) to try and get to the front but the pit was already full!
Similar setlist to recent shows but juggled about a bit - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-bc0dd9a.html . No screen but amazing light show.

The whole festival was an absolutely amazing experience, and to have NIN play some of the final notes was an absolute pleasure (and a blessing, as Foals and Black Lips paled in comparison after NIN. I'm glad they didn't headline the first night!) Overall it was probably the best performance of the whole thing. 3rd time I've seen NIN in two weeks, so a wonderful show to go out on.

Lastentrance
06-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Oh and Rob for filmed some of Wish on (I think) a Blackmagic camera. Fingers crossed to see that soon!

Chuck
06-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Yes, it was a really great show. Quite a bit better than the O2 (London) the week before I thought, which is the only other one I've seen this tour. Trent did indeed seem to be in a good mood and really into it, and the perforance was one of the most intense I've seen from NIN (that was my ninth time seeing them). More tellingly, out of seven friends with me, only one had seen NIN once before, and by the end they were all converts. And these are people in their 30's with very strong opinions and tastes when it comes to music, and not necessarily into heavier stuff at all, so I thought that was an excellent sign with regards to NIN. The sound was also incredible. I wasn't all that close to the front but could hear perfectly.

The whole festival was brilliant, with by far the best sound overall of any outdoor festival or gig I've ever been too. Fantastic selection of bands. The National were also incredible. Only downside was the surprsingly poor food (although made up for by the food in the city being fantastic) and the only beer being available on the whole site being Heineken.