PDA

View Full Version : 2014.05.29 - Paris, France @ Le Zenith

TheBang
05-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Paris, France

Ash512
05-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Same setlist as Antwerp, except Hand Covers Bruise/BYIT was switched with Eraser.

Great performance and really great crowd tonight.

Frydek
05-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Loved it! Far better than London imo. Better setlist, smaller venue.

The Great f**king Destroyer was great. I don't know if it's because the LED screen didn't work at the beginning that Trent made it so long but it was awesome!

Would have loved to have BYIT but you can't have everything...

Javra
05-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Setlist was pretty cool, I could have done without disappointed / FMY (trade with BYIT / The Becoming / Burn anyday)
I found the sound to be quite terrible tonight, really lacking in textures / drones / guitars... (And 2/3 dB overall)
Don't know what was up with the mix (not to even mention the cold cave set where I felt sad for them having to play so "quietly")

It's always great to see such an impressive act (and to get a screen in europe \o/), but beside a few moments (TGD!!!) it felt less impressive then Rock En Seine to me. (Sound was definitely a big part of it)

slave2thewage
05-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Tonight was my favourite show of the tour. It was just great.

I did think it did sound a bit quiet tonight, but it's well known that the sound sucks this tour.

monkeyarse
05-30-2014, 02:01 AM
Tonight was my favourite show of the tour. It was just great.

I did think it did sound a bit quiet tonight, but it's well known that the sound sucks this tour.

Agreed. Very good show. Typical dick behaviour abound though.. Guys punching girls to try to get to the front etc... The difference at this show was that the guys didn't even pretend that it was an accident.

Also, the big black security guy, Drew? He demonstrated what a complete twat he is as well, showing absolute disrespect to everyone in line by leading his girlfriend (well, her quote was "it helps when you're fucking the head of security". Classy lady she was not) and putting her at the front of the line 5 minutes before entry, in front of people who had been there 15 hours at this point. No doubt people will continue to kiss his ass as ever in the hopes of free setlists and the vain hope of a backstage pass, but at least this is evidence that he truly doesn't respect any of you at all...

Oh and the Canadian guy William, and his whack job gold digger Shira Snowflake (wtf?) are line jumpers. Trust them at your peril!

ninjaw
05-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Agreed. Very good show. Typical dick behaviour abound though.. Guys punching girls to try to get to the front etc... The difference at this show was that the guys didn't even pretend that it was an accident.
Also, the big black security guy, Drew? He demonstrated what a complete twat he is as well, showing absolute disrespect to everyone in line by leading his girlfriend (well, her quote was "it helps when you're fucking the head of security". Classy lady she was not) and putting her at the front of the line 5 minutes before entry, in front of people who had been there 15 hours at this point. No doubt people will continue to kiss his ass as ever in the hopes of free setlists and the vain hope of a backstage pass, but at least this is evidence that he truly doesn't respect any of you at all...
Oh and the Canadian guy William, and his whack job gold digger Shira Snowflake (wtf?) are line jumpers. Trust them at your peril!

LOL yeah i think I know one guy you mentionned, I had 4 or 5 people here reporting the same thing at front row. tough, he took amazing vids and pics after kicking at ppl around him :)

ninjaw
05-30-2014, 02:34 AM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3732/14300297911_82661255f9_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nMELmx)
Here's the setlist... also 8 more photos on my flicker : https://flic.kr/s/aHsjXSSYVQ

ninjaw
05-30-2014, 02:35 AM
robert gil pro photos
http://www.photosconcerts.com/nine-inch-nails-paris-zenith-2014-05-29-7742#.U4gyr_l_uHs

Inkë
05-30-2014, 03:02 AM
Okay, first of all, I want to apologize to the people I pissed off during the show. I was this young motherfucker with a white shirt and a black eastpak, dancing like a fool. But wow, for a first show, it was perfect. They played many of my favourite songs: Reptile, The great destroyer, The Day the world went away... I cried like a baby during this one, but a very cute girl thought I was having sort of bad trip, and hugged me. I was so delighted they played it without drums. It sounds way better with guitars only. Also, I've been pleasantly surprised to see there wasn't a lot of people with cameras. Some regrets though: bad sound overall (except for the massive drums) and no Terrible lie. Sorry for my weird english!

Dimitri.
05-30-2014, 03:05 AM
First NIN show for me and it was really amazing. Glad my girlfriend and I managed to get in the front row with the presales - waited six hours outside. The audience was full of energy, really violent during the first half of the gig - almost died when Gave Up came up- singing along with all the songs. Trent seemed a bit tired but still provided a stunning show - endless, really endless Great Destroyer followed up by prodigious Eraser, killed me... I believe the synths didn't work on Disappointed - or maybe I was too close to the bass speaker, but I think Trent tried to covered it up with a piano improvisation. Heard Terrible Lie in the afternoon but sadly it wasn't played - but I can't complain, Reptile and TDTWWA were astonishing. 10/10 night.

The intro was somehing new, wasn't it ? Definitly not The New Flesh orTDS. Maybe some Gone Girl ?

Frydek
05-30-2014, 03:45 AM
I found the sound to be quite terrible tonight, really lacking in textures / drones / guitars... (And 2/3 dB overall)

True. Everytime I see a gig of "loud music with electronics" at le Zenith, the low frequencies take over and it lacks definition overall. The sound in London was better but not amazing. It's uncommon as sound mixing in NIN gigs is usually spotless.

Frydek
05-30-2014, 03:49 AM
The intro was somehing new, wasn't it ? Definitly not The New Flesh orTDS. Maybe some Gone Girl ?

Definitely some TDS + The New Flesh bits mixed together with some other sound textures.

Khrz
05-30-2014, 04:02 AM
I spotted parts of The Perfect Drug in the intro.

ninjaw
05-30-2014, 05:47 AM
Trent was definitively tired, and angry, he didn't speak, was beardy, i can tell at the way he throws mics, but also that strange bottle throw before TGD solo. Also the italian boy looked the same.
I officially own 69mins of great HD footage and am launching a multicam call : we already have two HD cams, and an amazingly fast editor, we need more.

Frydek
05-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Trent was definitively tired, and angry, he didn't speak

He didn't speak either in London. Maybe he hasn't been speaking throughout this tour.

ninjaw
05-30-2014, 06:51 AM
He didn't speak either in London. Maybe he hasn't been speaking throughout this tour.

Yes i've been warned that this leg was VERY close to the time table. Indeed Cold Cave started at exactly 19:30

dominik
05-30-2014, 04:04 PM

Um.. yes he did.

Frydek
05-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Um.. yes he did.

He didn't speak much. He didn't do a long speech introducing the band like he did in the past. Or did he? I'm getting mixed up :rolleyes:

dominik
05-30-2014, 04:39 PM
He didn't speak much. He didn't do a long speech introducing the band like he did in the past. Or did he? I'm getting mixed up :rolleyes:

Haha yes in London he did! First he said that it was a fucking amazing night, then told us to buy the new Cold Cave album and introduced the band

Vrolok1
05-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Great fucking show, my last show of european tour, just arrived to México City, my home town.

French aré rude, i was in front of Robin, and enjoy a lot of the show, maybe was not the tEnsion performance, but it was great.

TDTWWA was so fucking amazing, happy to met very kind people, and beautiful countries like Netherlands and France.

hope to see you in future shows, no doubt NIN still is a great show!

Frydek
05-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Haha yes in London he did! First he said that it was a fucking amazing night, then told us to buy the new Cold Cave album and introduced the band

Ah yes I do remember. I guess I got distracted by these guys trying to make me smoke their electronic cigarette ;)

icklekitty
06-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Believe everything monkeyarse said although the Canadian chap's irritating girlfriend is who I'd have an issue with rather than he himself

Best show of the tour for me too. Nice and violent and I came away with bruises all over the place Merci maître.

Scarlet Siren
07-21-2014, 11:38 AM

Just catching up with reviews and all and just came across this :)

Truer words have not been written. All of it is spot on.

willgaspari
11-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Canadian chap here...

Line jumper? Kicking people around? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!! Thanks for the laughs!!

Ryan
11-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Canadian chap here...

Line jumper? Kicking people around? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!! Thanks for the laughs!!

Late reply is late.

willgaspari
11-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Ryan. I just found out about this today.

OK, I went for a jog, had some time to mull it over, and here's my response:

monkeyarse:

I did NOT jump the line. That is an outright lie. As for "trusting me at your peril"? Why don't you bring up the fact that we decided to help you with a car rental, even though we already had train tickets? Or that we gave you way too much money towards the gas bill? Or the fact that I let you guys use my Canadian cell phone to map the route, costing me $900 on my next phone bill for roaming charges? Did I ever ask you for money for that? Trust me at your peril? What a joke.

ninjaw:

You obviously are talking about someone else. I don't take pics and vids at shows. I'd rather enjoy the moment.

icklekitty:

Well, at least you took the high road, and didn't try to shame me. As for my irritating girlfriend? I'll get to her in a moment.

Scarlet Siren:

You, my dear, take the cake. You take one sarcastic Facebook posting the wrong way, and shit all over me ever since. Actually, you ignored me the whole time, which in hindsight is a blessing. Guess I must remind you of the free ticket I gave you for the LA show. Or the fact that I flew to Arizona with you without even having a concert ticket. Remember when you were broke in Vegas? Remember who offered to help you out? Yup, I must be a real asshole. You should be ashamed of yourself for the way you have treated me, and others along the way.

As for Ms. Snowflake? well...

She did jump the line. Yup. But what you forget to mention is the fact that the ticket checker motioned her his way. Believe me, any one of you would have done the same, I know I would have. And monkeyarse, remember how she apologized to you after, to which your response was, "No worries, I know you're excited"? Yeah, of course you wouldn't mention that part. As for her being a gold digger? BWAHAHAHA you have NO idea what you are talking about! Whack job? Who the fuck are you to judge others? You don't know her story. In fact, none of you know what she has been through. What ever happened to being kind to people??? I haven't seen her in over a year myself, and only wish her well.

You know what they say about people who talk about you behind your back - they're behind you for a reason.

BTW, the show was pure excellence. Thank you for your time.

monkeyarse
11-11-2015, 10:50 AM
OK, I went for a jog, had some time to mull it over, and here's my response:

"It really doesnt bother (you) what these people think..."

Doesn't bother you vs page long post........ Does not compute.

You did line jump. That was quite accurate on my part. You may not recall; it was only ~20 people, but it happened. It's ok. Everyone's done it. When you try to screw people you are with over though, i dont think that is overly acceptable. Phone bill was not racked up in one journey, dont be ridiculous. Def added to it though.. One of you had train tickets, the other did not and it would have been more than the cost of the entire rental (excluding gas). I remember that part well. We did the maths at the time. Mutually beneficial (except for you yes). Your behaviour the next day was less exemplary, and i didn't entirely blame you, barely to be honest. As you say, i said something along those lines to your lady friend, but i was quite blunt to the girl and told her that i watched her skip on purpose and that it was fine, but that excuses are not needed. The business with Drew upset me far more.

I'm glad it gave you a good laugh. It's nice to look back on your past mistakes and laugh at them rather than rage. Signing off notifications now. A pleasure to be back though.

Enjoy. xxxxxxx

willgaspari
11-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Not caring about what someone who barely knows me thinks of me is different than trying to clear up what they might be saying about me on a public forum. And I guess we will have to agree to disagree about me line jumping. You are right about me only having a train ticket, thanks for reminding me. As for my behaviour the next day? I pulled Shira out of there after her rant, and said "I'll see you in Barcelona" to Anthony. She was upset about us being the only two people not invited to lunch. I don't know what to say about Drew, I guess every job has its perks.

And yes, it did give me a good chuckle. See you on the next tour!

Ash512
11-13-2015, 02:31 PM
#donttrustcanadians
#vivelequebeclibre

ninjaw
11-17-2015, 07:14 AM
Oh I'm late, but there is a multicam about this show http://ninnewsfr.mihalis.org/zenith2014.php or https://youtu.be/A70LRGgrJlc
Also, the old guy on my pics was Christophe, a old famous french singer that surprised everyone being a fan.
http://www.brain-magazine.fr/images/stories/INTERVIEW/Christophe/aline.jpghttp://lyricstranslate.com/files/christophe.jpghttp://cdn-lejdd.ladmedia.fr/var/lejdd/storage/images/media/images/archivesphotoscmc/poker/le-chanteur-de-63-ans-apprecie-toujours-les-parties-de-poker./343763-2-fre-FR/Le-chanteur-de-63-ans-apprecie-toujours-les-parties-de-poker._pics_390.jpg