PDA

View Full Version : 2014.05.24 - Nottingham, UK @ Capital FM Arena

TheBang
05-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Nottingham

Yuppyslayer
05-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Phenomenal. So much better than yesterday. Whoever booed Cold Cave ought to be ashamed.

simonn
05-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Well, that was special. Somewhat Damaged, TBOTE, Terrible Lie, Reptile were all played early on with the usual Pig Duet. Got All Time Low, Burn, The Warning. So that's my favourite HM, TF & YZ songs right there (Warning, not TBOTE). I was in heaven for a while there. Plus no CBH, which was shocking, but was pleased, didn't get me moving at the 02. 8 different songs from yesterday!

Was it just me or was TGD breakdown even longer tonight?

Ally had a synth problem at the start of ATL and walked off, don't know what happened, but I thought peformance of that song was a little flat myself.

Crowd was good, although lots of curtain in back half of the arena.

Thoroughly enjoyed it again, probably more so cos I could actually see the band tonight, with very good presale seats.

Now the reality sets in, no more NIN gigs lined up....but taken away some great memories. Beautiful couple of days.

Christopher Morris
05-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Well worth the 7 year wait since my last NIN show. Was situated pretty much front & center, about 3/4 rows of people deep.

Only downside to the gig was a few select nobheads in the crowd who just really shouldn't be there. Also to the dude stoned out his head constantly up in my face, your breath fucking stinks mate.

Setlist was really something special tonight. Somewhat Damaged as an opener was fantastic, really got the energy flowing - probably the most active crowd I've witnessed at a UK gig (any band considered)

Thanks to everyone who sang along during Terrible Lie outro with me, really made it special.

To top it off, no douchebags screeching during Hurt, just people singing along. Amazing.

amancalledhorse
05-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Enjoyed immensely. Thought Birmingham had the better setlist, but I stood back for that one and enjoyed this one being a bit heavier.

I too ended up about 3-4 back in front of Rez but didn't find it too bad other than the moshers behind. They did help to whip things up a bit more too though, so it's swings and roundabouts. Did get a whiff of some fairly bad breath too, so maybe we weren't that far from each other. Felt Copy of A and Came Back Haunted were conspicuous by absence almost, but can't grumble too much. The band seemed to recognise the crowd were up for it and played accordingly.

Christopher Morris
05-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Enjoyed immensely. Thought Birmingham had the better setlist, but I stood back for that one and enjoyed this one being a bit heavier.

I too ended up about 3-4 back in front of Rez but didn't find it too bad other than the moshers behind. They did help to whip things up a bit more too though, so it's swings and roundabouts. Did get a whiff of some fairly bad breath too, so maybe we weren't that far from each other. Felt Copy of A and Came Back Haunted were conspicuous by absence almost, but can't grumble too much. The band seemed to recognise the crowd were up for it and played accordingly.

Yeah man, huge group of stoners just pushing everyone haha.

MacabreMagpie
05-25-2014, 07:13 AM
I had a great time - REALLY stoked to have gotten Somewhat Damaged and All Time Low because I honestly didn't think I was going to get either with this weeks setlists. Somewhat Damaged is always my favourite opener for impact. Robin seemed to have problems with his guitar during Hurt as he just walked off at one point but all seemed to play out OK.

Presale entrance was a farce, mind! The line was going out of the door so they brought the overflow into a second queue next to the start and wound up letting them through first! Luckily that nice American lady who's been organising it all week stepped in later and made sure the queue order was correct.

Have to say there were a lot of really nice people in the crowd last night, at the barrier at least. I've never got talking to so many lovely people at one gig before. Who joined in with the massive game of 'eye spy'?

MacabreMagpie
05-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Oh and yeah, the people booing Cold Cave were indeed wankers.

Witness
05-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Enjoyed immensely. Thought Birmingham had the better setlist, .

I have to agree, I thought the flow at Birmingham with the shadow play start and particularly Copy of A was a much better opening and the whole evolution of the light show just worked better at Birmingham.

Overall I thought the Notts show was ok but lacked some spark. Venue pissed me off as well :( Well stupid crowd clearance antics from the security staff at the end and they were so bloody minded about people moving in and out to go to the loo or find other merchandise it was untrue. Whoever is the floor manager/security manager needs firing.

Digital Twilight
05-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Last night's show was incredible. I enjoyed it much more than London (which was great too). Really happy that the setlist was quite different from the night before.

We had standing tickets but we managed to grab a couple of seats that were unsold and it really helped being able to see the stage properly. London was a nightmare as everyone seemed to be 6 foot plus!

simonn
05-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Last night's show was incredible. I enjoyed it much more than London (which was great too). Really happy that the setlist was quite different from the night before.

We had standing tickets but we managed to grab a couple of seats that were unsold and it really helped being able to see the stage properly. London was a nightmare as everyone seemed to be 6 foot plus!

Completely agree with this, although having watched it from both aspects, unless you're front on with the visuals in seats, you don't quite get the 'full' effect. But being able to see all band members all the time was a vast improvement on London - not that I disliked the gig at all, far from it, just it was more of a hassle having to move about all the time to see Trent et al, due to my stunted growth! Literally saw Ally about 4 times on Friday...

Setlist wise - preferred Nottingham - for the reasons stated in my first post, and then realised this morning that TL is also my favourite song off PHM...so heard my 4 favourite songs from various albums. (Reptile ties with The Becoming or it would've been 5...).

God I need to get a life...!:p

Kamelion
05-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Monster set. Incredible gig - so heavy. We had seats because we took our daughter (seasoned festival kid) to her first NIИ gig. Mind blown. We had such a great time and really got to enjoy the lights and stage show. The crowd around us were really tame but we all just went nuts all night long. Next stop... Amsterdam!

amancalledhorse
05-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Monster set. Incredible gig - so heavy. We had seats because we took our daughter (seasoned festival kid) to her first NIИ gig. Mind blown. We had such a great time and really got to enjoy the lights and stage show. The crowd around us were really tame but we all just went nuts all night long. Next stop... Amsterdam!

I ended up level with Trent and thought the crowd there was pretty lively. Admittedly it took a bit of hustling through some people that thought it was a Coldplay show to get there, but get there I did.

Al_Hunter
05-26-2014, 05:43 AM
I massively enjoyed it except some fucking blert who decided to start leaping around like a cunt during Wish then THTF and HLAH. We were off to one side near the side exits for the arena so not especially the sort of place you'd expect that. Nudged him away a few times but the twat elbow dropped my wife and jumped on her foot. I came pretty close to snapping. Cheeky twat had the balls to give us the v's when I shoved him away pretty firmly.

Anyway, found this:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Review-Inch-Nails-Capital-FM-Arena/story-21140135-detail/story.html

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my first time and I really really enjoyed it.

Kamelion
05-26-2014, 06:03 PM
I ended up level with Trent and thought the crowd there was pretty lively. Admittedly it took a bit of hustling through some people that thought it was a Coldplay show to get there, but get there I did.

Coldplay, lol. The front looked nice and hectic - we were front and centre at the O2 so it's been so nice to have the luxury of multiple dates to see the light show from another perspective etc :)

new now
05-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Anyone know if there was an audio recording done by one of you lovely people?

Kamelion
06-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Anyone know if there was an audio recording done by one of you lovely people?
There was some taping going on at this gig - hopefully it will surface on RITC :)

new now
06-02-2014, 04:23 PM
There was some taping going on at this gig - hopefully it will surface on RITC :)
I guess a little more patience is in order then, anyone got a concise set list to tide us over then?

Kamelion
06-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I guess a little more patience is in order then, anyone got a concise set list to tide us over then?

1. Somewhat Damaged
2. The Beginning of the End
3. Terrible Lie
4. March of the Pigs
5. Piggy
6. Reptile
7. Survivalism
8. Gave Up
9. Sanctified (with Sunspots riff)
10. Disappointed
11. All Time Low (with Closer riff)
12. The Warning
13. Closer
14. The Great Destroyer
15. Wish
16. Burn
17. The Hand That Feeds
18. Head Like a Hole
Encore:
19. The Day the World Went Away
20. Hurt

I'm pretty sure that was it. The first eight songs were fucking nonstop mayhem - Sanctified was a welcome break :D