PDA

View Full Version : 2014.05.21 - Cardiff, Wales @ Motorpoint Arena

TheBang
05-21-2014, 02:40 PM
cardiff.......

GibbonBlack
05-21-2014, 05:05 PM
just got back. Amazing show! Though there was some difficulty with the mic at times. I'm not sure if the mic failed or Trent just didn't sing the first few lines of Something I Can Never Have

scorpiusdiamond
05-21-2014, 06:03 PM
What the hell went wrong tonight?
The sound was shit, like I thought, but Trent was all over the place AND NO BIG COMEDOWN!? (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/motorpoint-arena-cardiff-wales-53c09be5.html)
Still, having those songs played after I thought it'd be a rehash of Birmingham was awesome. The visuals were incredible too. Just a shame about the terrible sound.
The Motorpoint sucks so hard.

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 06:29 PM
This is one situation where I'll say, the atmosphere more than made up for any sound fuck ups in Cardiff - it was like a holy communion with Trent! I had such a good time, and the light show was fantastic from the ground, I was standing rather than feeling out of things in the seats. Also Something I Can Never Have, Reptile, the Becoming, the Hand Covers Bruise / Beside you in Time thing with beautiful lights - and the Great Destroyer breakdown will never ever get old!

Also, I didn't really mind that much about not many new songs - I'm hoping they're keeping all that stuff for London, because that is where the reviews will happen in the national papers rather than local rags

scorpiusdiamond
05-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Kerrang! was at the show tonight /insider info

GibbonBlack
05-22-2014, 01:53 AM
The atmosphere was very cool. Regarding the meet up this morning, I have to cancel. I've only just looked up train times and the best one for me to get is at 10 so I won't have time :(

Sorry if that annoys anyone. Though if I see any Nine Inch Nails looking people when I walk by I'll say hi!

Thomas W Jefford
05-22-2014, 05:26 AM
My only complaint was the lack of tracks from The Fragile, but all in all many good songs, made for the best atmosphere i've had at a NIN concert.

frenger
05-22-2014, 06:10 AM
what a show! the lights were amazing, the throwback to the YZ-style stage set-up for Me, I'm Not and TGS was really cool too.

Seemed like the crowd went most nuts for HLAH - the atmosphere during that song was mad! My favourite for the night was probably Reptile or The Becoming (that ending!).

I drove 2 1/2 hours home after the show and was still in shock when i got back! BRING ON THE O2 TOMORROW!!

MacabreMagpie
05-22-2014, 07:53 AM
That gig was out-fucking-standing. I didn't think anything would top being front row for the Scala gig but this one did it. Amazing. You can kill me now.

MacabreMagpie
05-22-2014, 07:55 AM
I don't understand the complaints about the sound, either, it was fine from the front row.

liquidcalm
05-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Loved it, NIN in my home town, plus it was a mighty fine gig. Was a bit mobile and wandered through various parts of the crowd, and the sound was varied.. It was great nearer the front through, and (this is a bit weird) but I liked that there were a few 'issues'.. some big shows I see are so very very slick you forget there are real actual musicians on stage giving their all.
Loved loved loved the Hard Covers Bruise into Beside You In Time and the new version of Sanctified with those teases of Sunspots.. mmm

icklekitty
05-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Band good, Trent forgetting the words funny, venue pleasant, sound more equal than birmingham but muddy in places). Crowd irritating.

Entire front row centre standing motionless and mute during Letting You: priceless.

Arianwen
05-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Fantastic show. Sound was fine from where I was (second row, offset to the left of centre stage). Pretty wonderful setlist (Closer again, but hey ho) and a nice mix of old/new stuff. More Fragile stuff would have been nice, but I'm biased as that's my favourite album. Light show was incredible!

Got pretty squished, which one would expect at a NIN gig, but there were some idiots near me determined to ruin everyone's night. Oh well, utterly worth it :D

zephyr
05-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Got pretty squished, which one would expect at a NIN gig, but there were some idiots near me determined to ruin everyone's night. Oh well, utterly worth it :D

Was central/slightly to the right between 3 and 6 rows back and there was a few morons there too, one particular guy with his hair up in a top knot held by an elastic band was a epic twat who spent all the time prior to the gig chatting up some girl, and then the rest of it punching people in the ribs. Moron.

Sound was pretty bad, apparently typical of the Motorpoint, vocals were way down in the mix, or at least sounded that way.

Cold cave were.... not great.

TGD, Becoming, Beside You In Time, Something I Can Never have were highlights, but I would've given a lot for some Fragile tracks!

Think I have been spoilt a bit by the Scala gig being my first NIN show. Thankfully wasn't as violent as the Rock en sein show I saw either.

MacabreMagpie
05-22-2014, 11:22 AM
I think Cold Cave are OK for a song or two but it all sounds the same and there doesn't seem to particularly be much reason for the girl to be there other than to press play.

Sorry some of you encountered dicks - for what it's worth, there are also nice people around!
No idea if they'll ever see this but I'd like to say hey to the couple who kept me company during the pre-show, the sweet Russian girl I was next to on the rail and the dude who nearly went underfoot but, luckily, managed to pull himself to safety via my dreadlocks. Always happy to help....

zephyr
05-22-2014, 01:02 PM
I think Cold Cave are OK for a song or two but it all sounds the same and there doesn't seem to particularly be much reason for the girl to be there other than to press play.

I thought this... it was odd. He was very enthusiastic but she was just sort of... a bit pointless.

Also want to shout out to the Bulgarian guy I was with for the queue plus before the gig, hope the london show is good for you!

Thomas W Jefford
05-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Some dick behind me was shouting something about "Balls" during SICNH and Hurt. May have stood on his toes accidentally.

slave2thewage
05-23-2014, 04:10 AM
It was a shame the crowd was full of dicks, the queue was great fun. Special shout-out to the asshole in a fedora who kept trying to shove into my spot (rail in front of Trent) and the guy who was screaming along to SICNH like it was a Burzum track.

So happy I got to hear BYIT and that outro to The Great Destroyer was absolutely EPIC. Roll on tonight! I already have my Miley shirt on :)

zephyr
05-23-2014, 01:58 PM
It was a shame the crowd was full of dicks, the queue was great fun. Special shout-out to the asshole in a fedora who kept trying to shove into my spot (rail in front of Trent) and the guy who was screaming along to SICNH like it was a Burzum track.

Was that the mong in the green fedora? Was behind him for a while and he was a moron.

monkeyarse
05-25-2014, 04:39 AM
Agreed. The bellend ratio was high. Thugs/wankers in good attendance as well, especially the three old men who tried to punch women of front centre rail, and feigning innocence when the security told them three times to stop.. Oh well.

The biggest bellend was the guy with long hair and a chin-only beard. He walked up to the front of the presale queue, spoke to the security guard (who he did seem to know) and walked away loudly exclaiming how he could have walked straight in if he wanted but didnt as it might upset some people. He later tried to go into the arena but was stopped. It turns out his main contact was the merch booth lady!? Sweet deal. I think the same bellend was at the Scala show. I remember someone matching his description calling some other girl a cunt because he hadnt show up early enough.
Takes all sorts i guess.

Anyway. Good show. Very good.