PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of nin member tickets?

Frydek
05-17-2014, 04:27 AM
Hey
First time I've got nin.com member tickets and I was wondering if the entry time was early enough to attend soundcheck or see anything amazing? ;) Is it worth going early?

nothing8
05-17-2014, 04:31 AM
It's worth going early if you have standing tickets and you're after a spot on the rail. Never heard of them doing any soundchecks or anything exciting prior however (who knows, you may get lucky though :D )

SM Rollinger
05-17-2014, 05:43 AM
I did the presale thru nin.com on the St. Paul, and while we dint get to see the soundcheck, the band (minus TR, the back up singers and Pino) bought everybody waiting in line pizza. No shit.

MacabreMagpie
05-17-2014, 06:56 AM
I did the presale thru nin.com on the St. Paul, and while we dint get to see the soundcheck, the band (minus TR, the back up singers and Pino) bought everybody waiting in line pizza. No shit.

Similar thing happened in Birmingham right before Year Zero came out. They let everyone in, gave us all Pizza and played us Year Zero (before it had leaked or anything). Trent came out and spoke ot everyone briefly via the stage.

I'm not going ot lie, that was pretty effing awesome.

jessamineny
05-17-2014, 07:13 AM

That was because it was the first show of the tour. They never did anything like that at the other shows.

Frydek
05-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Well, it looks like I will go early then. Who knows what might happen...

sheepdean
05-17-2014, 10:22 AM
You do get a lapdance from Robin, but he does that anyway

icklekitty
05-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Presale tickets haven't got you anything special in years. The YZ and pizza days were for Spiral tickets.

Seeing as they advertise the presale constantly on Facebook and Twitter now it's just another avenue to buy, early entry and (in the USA) less stupid fees aside.

Moebius
05-17-2014, 12:33 PM
And also, they look cool.

Perdita
05-17-2014, 12:39 PM
I like the early entry you get. I bought a presale ticket for the Rockhal in Luxemburg. Unfortunately there was no presale for Antwerp.

m15a
05-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Don't expect anything like seeing the band waiting on line. Really, the chances of that are tiny. If it's outdoor, you might hear the soundcheck from the line, which can be fun, but isn't special for presale tickets. Even if you don't have GA floor tickets, there can be a few tiny benefits to going early, like, getting to the merch booth or food/drink or bathrooms without lines. Or you can sit in your seat and laugh at the people on the floor.

You know, don't ruin your day trying to get there early. But if you're not doing anything else, why not? It doesn't cost anything extra.

MacabreMagpie
05-18-2014, 03:18 AM
The presale at Scala (London) came with physical tickets and a wristband, albeit paper. I hope they do something like that again as the wristband was pretty cool - although most of the ink had come off mine by the time I'd gotten out of the sweaty crowd.

Frydek
05-18-2014, 05:04 AM
It's a public holiday that day in France so I'll probably go early. Not that I'm expecting anything but I'd be gutted if I missed Robin giving away some of his homemade raw lasagna.

MacabreMagpie
05-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Wow, have to say I was VERY impressed with how the LG Arena handled the early entry deal. We were given numbered wristbands based on our position in the queue, then once we got our tickets at about 5pm we were able to wonder around for an hour or so to buy food, merch etc and then not lose your place in line, when it reformed inside the building. Actually felt like it was very much worth the effort.

niggo
05-19-2014, 05:58 AM
Do all presale tickets look the same? The ones we got in Berlin were really, really, REALLY bad. They even look a lot worse than the generic tickets everyone else bought.

That's what we got:
(image orginally posted by Stefler)

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/stefler_01/NIN%202014-05-15%20Berlin-Germany-Zitadelle/nin_berlin_2014_forum.jpg

sheepdean
05-19-2014, 06:11 AM
They'll be the venue's generic ticket, for any band/venue

jessamineny
05-19-2014, 06:45 AM
That's not true with the presale tickets in the States. They were special stock, printed by the band.

sheepdean
05-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Well you guys are fancy, us europeans all live in mud farms :P

niggo
05-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Well, then my question is what's up with NIN promising fancy tickets with names printed on them?

MacabreMagpie
05-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Well, then my question is what's up with NIN promising fancy tickets with names printed on them?

Where did you hear/read that? I bought 3 presale tickets and never saw any such thing mentioned.

niggo
05-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Quote from the email receipt I got after purchasing my two presale tickets from nin.com:

Will-call orders will be held at the NIN.com special venue entrance/will call the day of the event.

Your tickets will have your name printed on them, and you must show matching valid government-issued photo ID at the venue in order to pick up your tickets.

icklekitty
05-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Logistics. Organising a tour and catering to whiny fans is difficult.

The LG arena was very well handled, despite the venue staff continually pushing to do their own thing.

Vrolok1
05-19-2014, 08:32 AM

US tickets for Tension tour has it.

Vrolok1
05-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Wow, have to say I was VERY impressed with how the LG Arena handled the early entry deal. We were given numbered wristbands based on our position in the queue, then once we got our tickets at about 5pm we were able to wonder around for an hour or so to buy food, merch etc and then not lose your place in line, when it reformed inside the building. Actually felt like it was very much worth the effort.

At what time did they put your numbered wristband?

Sarah K
05-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Here is one of my tickets from the Tension tour...

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/996853_10152230087063082_1296201188_n.jpgOH MY GOD WHY IS IT SO HUGE?!?!?!

Anyway, the blue part is shiny/metallic.

sick among the pure
05-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Here (http://instagram.com/p/ig5A72nXGM/) you can kinda see what NIN.com pre-sale tickets have looked like in north america since The Spiral (front to back: Spiral, LITS, NIN|JA, not pre-sale, Wave Goodbye, Tension 13, not pre-sale) as well as Trension 13's special nin.com wrist bands at the top, numbered with line position.
This (http://instagram.com/p/LdkiAinXOX/) is a bit closer up shot, from before Tension, so you can see a bit more detail.

heavenly_bearded
05-19-2014, 11:08 AM
I've always loved the presale line for shooting the shit with fellow die hard fans. Did the whole pizza with nin in st paul. Got to hand out a bunch of shirts and Still CDs. That presale we had to line up for wristbands and stay in line. Las Vegas we got to get our wristbands early and could leave, then line up in the same numbered order later. Early entry is great if they have some kind of limited merch unlike the "limited" Tension prints. For a seated show like I have coming up with Vegas and Red Rocks I won't worry about showing up early. And every presale ticket I've had since the spiral have been custom printed nin tickets with name.

icklekitty
05-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Yesterday did not have custom printed tickets with names. As with wristbands and what time you get numbered and whether you can leave, some of it might be logistics (as I previously said) or clashes with venue security. I don't particularly care about having my name next to the NIN logo on a piece of paper.

MacabreMagpie
05-19-2014, 01:10 PM
At what time did they put your numbered wristband?

It was just before 5, I think. Then, when everyone had bands on we had to go through the entrance and collect our ticket then into the pre-show area. That all happened relatively quickly though I was #29.

As already said, though, this schedule/routine may differ from venue to venue.

sick among the pure
05-19-2014, 04:39 PM
I've always loved the presale line for shooting the shit with fellow die hard fans. Did the whole pizza with nin in st paul. Got to hand out a bunch of shirts and Still CDs. That presale we had to line up for wristbands and stay in line. Las Vegas we got to get our wristbands early and could leave, then line up in the same numbered order later. Early entry is great if they have some kind of limited merch unlike the "limited" Tension prints. For a seated show like I have coming up with Vegas and Red Rocks I won't worry about showing up early. And every presale ticket I've had since the spiral have been custom printed nin tickets with name.

That's one of the saddest things about this being an all seated tour, no hanging out with fellow fans in line for hours. No making new friends, sharing stories.

halo33
05-19-2014, 04:42 PM
That's one of the saddest things about this being an all seated tour, no hanging out with fellow fans in line for hours. No making new friends, sharing stories.

That's what tailgates and pre-meets are for. They definitely happen.

heavenly_bearded
05-19-2014, 06:42 PM

I can understand that aspect. I am meeting many friends from all over and look forward to that extra free time, especially since most don't have presale.

MacabreMagpie
05-20-2014, 02:09 AM

Perhaps I misunderstood your post, but if you're saying that only seated tickets are available for this tour then that isn't correct. There are standing and seated tickets.

jessamineny
05-20-2014, 06:08 AM
He meant to say North America, on the tour with Soundgarden.

sick among the pure
05-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Perhaps I misunderstood your post, but if you're saying that only seated tickets are available for this tour then that isn't correct. There are standing and seated tickets.
As jessamineny said, I'm talking about the NA tour. No point in standing in line with people for hours when you have assigned seats. I've made so many great friends that way. Hopefully people will be down to meet up and hang out before the shows, but it's not quite the same when you plan out meet ups with people you already know.

MacabreMagpie
05-22-2014, 11:28 AM
I was singing the praises of the early entry tickets on Sunday - last night I was on the rail next to someone who bought a ticket that day.......

I think their worth is really determined by the arena. If it's somewhere with a large food/merch area like the LG, where they can let you out of the line for a while, then they're more worth having.

icklekitty
05-22-2014, 03:13 PM
The presale line was really tiny for Cardiff, that had a lot to do with it. Also, a lot of people who came in didn't head for the rail.

The_Prowler
06-21-2014, 02:49 PM
I finally managed to get a proper NIN.com presale ticket for one of the upcoming shows, and you can bet your ass I'll be taking advantage of the early entry. I don't want to be stuck behind another Lurch for this show like I always am at every concert I go to.

Omega
06-21-2014, 07:11 PM
No benefits this time around..assigned seating= lame and about the money. Not cool, hope they knock it off next time but doubt it.

wch1208
06-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Not that I think there will be another tour (sorry I'm a realist)...but no more pre-sale for me. Sure, the rush of the illegible captcha was one to remember, but watching TM release tickets two weeks ago for the first show at Red Rocks which were far better than my pre-sale tickets....and not having the ability to transfer...was difficult to endure. For the second show I bought and transferred three different times to get the seats I was dreaming of. Oh, and as I have gotten older there is the ever present fear that someone is going to die and these tickets are just going to collect dust as I pout at the funeral home with my cousins. LITS made sense, but in hindsight for this tour, it was not worth the stress

TheRealNs1
06-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Not that I think there will be another tour (sorry I'm a realist)...but no more pre-sale for me. Sure, the rush of the illegible captcha was one to remember, but watching TM release tickets two weeks ago for the first show at Red Rocks which were far better than my pre-sale tickets....and not having the ability to transfer...was difficult to endure. For the second show I bought and transferred three different times to get the seats I was dreaming of. Oh, and as I have gotten older there is the ever present fear that someone is going to die and these tickets are just going to collect dust as I pout at the funeral home with my cousins. LITS made sense, but in hindsight for this tour, it was not worth the stress

+1, but only because these shows weren't super hot sell out shows. If I can get some golden circle planet hollywood seats I might just eat the presales ^_^

In hindsight, it should have been obvious that these shows would not sell out.

Omega
06-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Ugh, I have two tix that are going to waste..I can't resell them apparently, even at face value or less! I don't even want face value, I would take less than that. But nope, can't resell, can't transfer. Never again will I use the stupid member tix. Unless Trent gives me a hug and a high five, forget it.

TheRealNs1
07-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Man buying nin presales that weren't top tier was a terrible mistake. Never doing that shit again.

I guess I have $200 front of the line passes now.

S2dandy
07-23-2014, 09:26 AM
I have two fan club tickets for sale for this Saturday. If anyone would be interested just let me know. I'm willing to take $60 for each ticket.

Vrolok1
07-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Does anybody knows if the tix for the nin.com are personalized?, like in Tension.
Thanks

Wish9
07-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Does anybody knows if the tix for the nin.com are personalized?, like in Tension.
Thanks

Yes they are.

Vrolok1
07-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Great!!!!!!

otnavuskire
07-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I have two fan club tickets for sale for this Saturday. If anyone would be interested just let me know. I'm willing to take $60 for each ticket.

Are those your only two tickets? Because if they are, you can't sell them. The person whose name is on them must go in once they're picked up.

S2dandy
07-24-2014, 11:50 AM
I have another ticket that I am using for myself, if I can sell these.

mutato
07-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this question...figured this was the most relevant thread..

There were presale NIN and Soundgarden passwords. I ended up using the Soundgarden password. The pre-sale email I got last week for the show on Tuesday says "NIN/Soundgarden" presale...so for those who have been to the shows this summer.. question...

~Is there a separate presale pickup for NIN vs. Soundgarden or are they all at the same table?

~If anyone used the Soundgarden presale password, what do you tickets look like? Curious to see if I'll have the nice NIN logo mine or if there are Soundgarden tickets.

Thanks for any insight you guys may have...

Five_Hole
07-27-2014, 09:10 PM
~Is there a separate presale pickup for NIN vs. Soundgarden or are they all at the same table?

Nope. Bought 1 ticket in each presale and picked them both up at the same spot. In fact, they were stapled together.

~If anyone used the Soundgarden presale password, what do you tickets look like? Curious to see if I'll have the nice NIN logo mine or if there are Soundgarden tickets.

Just a regular TM ticket.

mutato
07-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Nope. Bought 1 ticket in each presale and picked them both up at the same spot. In fact, they were stapled together.

Just a regular TM ticket.

Thanks so much!

FULLMETAL
08-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Hmm. Not sure if this will be a good thing or a bad thing.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/6207026/musictoday-spun-off-from-live-nation-acquired-by