wish
the hand that feeds
head like a hole

closer
the day the world went away
hurt

houndington
05-16-2014, 03:10 PM
It was a great gig. We got there around 1530 and were 57/58 in the queue. The venue was fantastic - it had a moat and drawbridge :D

We managed to get onto the rail, to the right, which placed us in front of Robin, which made me very happy.

Cold Cave were ace. They played a lot of material from Cherish The Light Years, which is fine with me. The crowd were pretty subdued though.

NIN were superb. This was the first time I've seen them since 2009, and easily my favourite of the 3 gigs I've seen them at. I was really hoping to hear Year Zero tracks, and this setlist totally delivered that. There was an extended and noisey outro to The Great Destroyer that made me lose my mind. The version of Sanctified was fucking intense - slow and trippy compared to the original. Another highlight.

Great gig all in all. I guess the lighting was toned down because of the smaller stage, and being outside meant there was no screen. I hope I'll see the full visual show in London, but TBH I'd be surprised if they top that setlist. Fingers crossed...

stefler
05-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Great great night. MIN as openener was a killer. Love that song so much.
A few pictures taken from me from yesterday. The order of the pics is backward.

http://s242.photobucket.com/user/stefler_01/slideshow/NIN%202014-05-15%20Berlin-Germany-Zitadelle

Me and my girfriend we also arrived earlier. We had 123/124 in the queue. Unfortunately the names were not printing on the pre-sale tickets,
as it stands in the mail. The sound was very good.
Especially I love the bass sequence in 'Copy of A'. It reminds me on 'Burn' on the With teeth tour....

stefler
05-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Pre sale ticket scan.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/stefler_01/NIN%202014-05-15%20Berlin-Germany-Zitadelle/nin_berlin_2014_forum.jpg (http://s242.photobucket.com/user/stefler_01/media/NIN%202014-05-15%20Berlin-Germany-Zitadelle/nin_berlin_2014_forum.jpg.html)

arsenic
05-17-2014, 12:47 PM
great gig, I'm glad stefler did a proper recording of it! I arrived late at the venue so I was between the stage and the soundboard, on the right side.
Although with a limited light show, I enjoyed this gig more than Copenhagen (which had the full production) and the setlist was also a bit longer.

And finally, a big thank you to the redhead girl at the merch booth who helped me getting this (http://instagram.com/p/oCJuWxFbGY/).

Btw, I totally fell in love with Berlin and I need to go back there ASAP. I'll have my exams in about one week, and they'll be over just before the Zurich gig, which luckily I'll be able to attend.

Kodiak33
05-17-2014, 01:02 PM
That venue looks fucking awesome.

ZootZap
05-17-2014, 03:03 PM
AND THE SETLIST WAS AMAZING. So many songs I wish for were on the setlist.
Damn! that I couldn't attend this show!!

I know I shouldn't post, but I couldn't resist:rolleyes:

dlb
05-18-2014, 06:09 AM
Just got back from Berlin yesterday... the show really was quite something, but for some odd reason I left disappointed.

Waiting in line for 2h kind of kicked my mood and the fact that there was no place to get rid of your luggage really kept me at bay.

Trent was in a great mood though and so was the band. Me, I'm not is a freaking cool opener and I was really happy to see so many HM songs in the set and the band totally delivered. Especially the hand covers bruise, beside you in time party had me in awe. I would have only swapped survivalism and the warning for maybe terrible lie and burn/gave up. I just wish I did see more and sadly there were no screens. The venue was ace but I still prefer a closed arena (and of course a club) over a festival-like location. The weather was damn fine this weekend though and made for a great trip to the city overall!

Next stop: London! And hopefully the full production and a similar setlist!

niggo
05-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Well, although my first NIN show wasn't what I hoped it to be (waited a long fucking time to stand in the 2nd row, but got pulled out by security (by own choice) because my friend couldn't handle the crush of people during MOTP), I still think it was a nice gig. But, if I'm being honest with myself, I'm also somewhat disappointed, just because of the way things turned out for us. We didn't see that much after we had to find a new place to stand. The crowd was okay, but not really great in my opinion.

My highlights were Find My Way, The Great Destroyer and above all Hand Covers Bruise -> Beside You In Time. The Day The World Went Away is fucking awesome, but I think the delivery on that one wasn't perfect. They're really missing a bass player.

Anyway, I spent the day editing YouTube footage of that gig together. I got pretty far, but MOTP and Disappointed are missing. If anyone shot anything, I'd be happy to collect the footage to make my edit more complete and/or better. The sound is pretty nice, I used Stefler's audio recording and mixed it with the original sound of the clips. It really brings life into it.

http://z73.imgup.net/edit1627.jpg

dlb
05-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Wow, nice! Can't wait for the footage! Thanks for doing this!

And yeah, if you weren't close to the stage the view was really shitty overall (I'm somewhat glad I wasn't the only one). Bummer, but still a great show as I mentioned above.

niggo
05-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Just saw that there are two new audio recordings from the show, hope to add them to the mix soon.

Again, if anyone sees or knows of any footage, I'd be happy to get a quick heads up.

dlb
05-19-2014, 11:57 AM
there's a guy called OLLIE FABECK and he has some pretty cool footage up, so you might want to check that out! ;)

houndington
05-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Random memory from the gig - was anyone here in the presale queue over the moat when the soundcheck was playing Wish? There was a group of about 50 pensioners exiting the Zitadelle at the time :D

stefler
05-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Random memory from the gig - was anyone here in the presale queue over the moat when the soundcheck was playing Wish? There was a group of about 50 pensioners exiting the Zitadelle at the time :D

I was in the presale queue too with my girfriend. Yes you're right. Too bad that we could not see the soundcheck, when the band played Wish.... Btw the attendance was 9000 people.

decadent
05-28-2014, 08:16 AM
niggo, were you able to upload your recordings yet? I would really like to revisit the concert, it was probably my favorite NIN-experience to date!

niggo
05-28-2014, 02:37 PM
@decadent (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=651) Not yet, but I'm on it! I'm still waiting for those 2 new audience recordings from RITC, unfortunately they're not released yet. Additionally I got in touch with a lot of people on YouTube and gathered some extra material = more work. :D

dissi
06-03-2014, 07:21 PM
a few weeks later i have to say i am very grateful for having experienced this (has been my seventh nin-concert since 1999). i think it has been the best setlist of the whole tour (in europe).
i loved the gentle entry with "me i'm not" and "sanctified". and i prefer "the beginning of..." to "1,000,000" although i really like "the slip".
it was so good that i even thought of going to "rock am ring" next weekend, a festival i really hate. now i hope they will be airing their show on tv / in the internet. its cool that nin is going to play there far after midnight.

check out the bootlegs at "reflecting the chrome": this show was really good.

http://howtodestroyangels.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ticket2014.jpg

p.s.: 9000 people there. not sold out (10000 would have been possible) but i think 2009 it had been @ "arena treptow" (capable of 7500)