The Day the world went away
Hurt

Trent said:

"Thank you" a bunch of times

"Thank you very much" twice

"This is from the new album"

"Thanks for coming out to see us tonight"

Positively chatty in other words.

He also introduced everyone in the band except the guy who played drums. Maybe he's in the dog house over something.

Great show! I've seen NIN something like eight times, and this is the most into it I've seen Trent. He had on an apron-y skirt, or a skirt-y apron, whichever. He seemed to be grooving more in a snaky way rather than headbang and strut. For some reason I thought of Maynard James Keenan. During Piggy a roadie was manually shining a red lamp into his face. I'm sure there must be a better way to achieve a similar effect.

There seemed to be a lot of people. It certainly wasn't full, but it was never gonna be. People often complain about the sound at Spektrum, but I thought it was good. Only twice did the bass seem to overwhelm the whole picture, during Wish and, I think, Hand that feeds.

Subdued but appreciative crowd. We're getting old. Only jumping I saw was during Head like a hole.

I guess the "surprise" was The day the world went away. The played the no-drums version off the album.

Also, Hurt was the album version, full band. Every other time I've seen it it's just been Trent and a keyboard, which is a bit too stripped down. This was great.

All in all, great show. Highlights: Sanctified, Wretched, Disappointed, Beginning of the end. All the new stuff sounds great.