Me, I'm Not
Came Back Haunted
The Great Destroyer
Eraser
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

Setlist was unsurprising but good. Trent was in a bad mood for some reason, maybe the bad weather as he said in his little speech, or it could've been the poor sales. Slightly below 5000 attendees in an arena that takes 8000. Not sure where everyone was. Perhaps at the Timberlake concert, or at home watching Eurovision? Either way, shame on you for not being there.

Spirits where high up front where I was standing. A lot of singing and jumping and screaming, so that was good. Also nice to see there are still energetic and young fans at NIN shows, says to me they're doing something right (as opposed to the Depeche concert I went to in November, a lot of nostalgia in the air, and people's feet frozen to the ground). The stage setup was very nice, especially during Closer and Eraser. I remember feeling that they should've upped the ante a bit for the last few songs though. Why not just blast us with light during Head Like A Hole?

But now to the disappointing part: The band was kinda sloppy at times, not the tight and perfected NIN I'm used to. The guitars (or guitar, singular) were even out of tune on some songs! It even got so bad I almost couldn't enjoy Wish, I even missed the mandatory fistfuck-fist in the air because I was so baffled from that out of tune riff. Very strange, but I guess that sort of thing happens. Maybe it sounded worse from where I was standing? Not sure.

The show still kicked ass. I've heard a lot of people say this was one of if not the best concert they've been to, but that's usually because they haven't seen NIN before. I mean, even a NIN show with certain problems is still better than anything else you can see live. I'm going to Copenhagen tomorrow and I'm sure I'll enjoy every second.

Distortion
05-12-2014, 11:02 AM
I too was at the front, and I didn't think about guitars being out of tune. But hey, my hearing it's that in tune anyway :)

This was my 8th NIN concert and probably one of the better. At least for being in Sweden. The crowd was really in to it, I was kinda surprised (thinking of the low attendence).

The pre-sale organisation was outstanding I have to say, way better than earlier tours. Real nice.

I too are going to Copenhagen tomorrow, maybe I'll see you there. Or on the plane to Denmark :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5174960/2014-05-10%2021.17.43.jpg

Emil Dorbell
05-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I too was at the front, and I didn't think about guitars being out of tune. But hey, my hearing it's that in tune anyway :)

This was my 8th NIN concert and probably one of the better. At least for being in Sweden. The crowd was really in to it, I was kinda surprised (thinking of the low attendence).

The pre-sale organisation was outstanding I have to say, way better than earlier tours. Real nice.

I too are going to Copenhagen tomorrow, maybe I'll see you there. Or on the plane to Denmark :)

Nice! Was actually my 8th as well, so we'll both be going to our 9th show tomorrow. What a coincidence. Which ones have you been to? I've seen every show in Sweden plus London in 05, Madrid in 09, and Milan last year.

Scribble something here if you find that pre- or afterparty ;)

Distortion
05-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Hehe, cool. My previous concerts: Copenhagen -99, London -05, Stockholm @Annexet -07, Stockholm @Hovet -07, Prague -07 (best concert ever), Arvika -09, Amsterdam -09

dnimreveN
05-20-2014, 12:35 PM
I was also there, and up front. Good show, if only a little short. Would not have minded one or two more songs. Was only my third NIN show, went to Hovet back in 07 and London on 09 so don't have as many concerts to compare it to. I don't think I will ever go to gig as good as the London one though. Pre-sale worked great compared to London so can only agree on that. As for the guitars it was not something I was thinking about, I wish I could have seen the Tension 8 person band.

Boi Phan
06-05-2014, 03:26 PM
the 10th nin show for me.... Eraser dominated and the light shows. i was sitting in the opposite the stage so i really enjoyed whole show. i guess it was the best show with them on long time.

Ash512
06-06-2014, 04:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1ZbzeEQ6k