PDA

View Full Version : The Americans

Space Suicide
05-04-2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.watchingtheamericans.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/The-Americans-Season-1-Recap.jpg

So there's this show on FX called The Americans (http://www.fxnetworks.com/theamericans) about a pair of Russian KGB spies in the 1980's who are posing as a married couple in Washington D.C. Why? To bring down the US, that's why.

They're currently in the second season now with a third just being renewed this past week.

I recently got into it, snagging the first season's blu-ray version off eBay this past week. I am quite enthralled.

Any ETS fans and watchers to generate discussion?

Tony Gordon
05-06-2014, 01:47 PM
The Cold War was really over in the 1980's

Any real Marxist buff can tell you that America totally blew the commie threat out of proportion since everyone except the dumbass in control of Murica could see that Gorbachev was too retarded to understand economics and the collapse was waiting to happen. Actually you could argue that the ship was sinking during the 70's too since the collapse was inevitable with the restoration of capitalism under Khrushchev and Brezhnev.

That's the main reason I cannot get into any of that 1980's based "ZOMG THE COMMIES ARE CUMMIN' FOR US!!!" crap. The Russians were not a threat during the 80's, it was just an excuse to run the defense budget through the roof (The STAR WARS program for fuck's sake) and make shitty propaganda movies like Red Dawn and that one Rambo movie that made Bin Laden out to be a "freedom fighter" (Boy oh boy helping build the Taliban fight the mean commie Soviets sure came back to bite us on the ass didn't it?) but it still might be worse watching, who knows. I'm just rambling for the sake of it :p

Space Suicide
05-07-2014, 12:53 AM
It's a fictional drama TV show, expend belief.

Tums206_BFY
05-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Second season just ended last night. Pretty good! Definitely should be interesting next season where the story goes.

This show is bit underrated, viewership wise IMO. Btw Thought Noah Emmerich (Agent Beeman) was pretty outstanding this season, didn't really like him too much season one but he killed it this season. Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell were great again.

Space Suicide
05-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Second season just ended last night. Pretty good! Definitely should be interesting next season where the story goes.

This show is bit underrated, viewership wise IMO. Btw Thought Noah Emmerich (Agent Beeman) was pretty outstanding this season, didn't really like him too much season one but he killed it this season. Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell were great again.

Yeah, I hear VERY VERY little about this show from outlets and actual viewership numbers. Shame really as it really is a good show. Hoping season 3 brings more debauchery.