PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Within

Space Suicide
04-11-2014, 02:21 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg

No thread, what? Why not?

The newest survival horror game IP from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami and published by Bethesda is due out on August 26th on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC. (http://theevilwithin.com/)

Newest gameplay trailer from PAX East:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3t1TVtfUfE

I'll give it a whirl, I LOVE Resident Evil and if he the main force behind this it'll be great.

virushopper
04-22-2014, 04:12 PM
After watching that, I hope the game goes back to the old days of RE where it was about survival horror and not action adventure.

Space Suicide
04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
After watching that, I hope the game goes back to the old days of RE where it was about survival horror and not action adventure.

Lots of people are calling this game a Resident Evil 4 copycat but honestly, I mean I can see it, but I don't. It's a standard survival horror IP that should be treated as its own identity, not "that game by the Resident Evil guy."

virushopper
04-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Lots of people are calling this game a Resident Evil 4 copycat but honestly, I mean I can see it, but I don't. It's a standard survival horror IP that should be treated as its own identity, not "that game by the Resident Evil guy."
I see that too but I'm hoping this game will have the suspense and atmosphere that Mikami is known for.

virushopper
08-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Apparently it will take you and me 15-20 hours to complete the game.

http://www.laggano.com/2014/08/the-evil-within-will-take-15-20-hours.html

Frozen Beach
08-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Is there any information on how cut/trimmed the xbox 360/ ps3 versions will be besides toned down graphics?

Space Suicide
10-14-2014, 06:54 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/14/a657f4a4b066a54f855603126ff26e57.jpg

Boo yah!

Piko
10-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Caved, and picked up the game. Chapter 2. This is going to be a tough one, I think.

Space Suicide
10-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Caved, and picked up the game. Chapter 2. This is going to be a tough one, I think.

Yeah, this game isn't easy.

Space Suicide
10-18-2014, 12:17 AM
This game is the fucking shit. I've started the game on Survival difficulty (Medium/Average). It gives you enough health and ammo to get by on but it isn't easy at all. I love that!

The game so far is very atmospheric (the level design in the woods/village REALLY took me back to Resident Evil 4!) and at sometimes down right grim, that butcher hall in Chapter 1 was crazily mad to creep through. It took my dumbass like 6 deaths to figure out to grab the keys right at the start. :p

I'm a melee happy asshole in this game. I save my bullets. It paid off too, the chainsaw wielding jerk off in Chapter 3 has an achievement attached to him for killing him with a stealth knife melee. I shot him 4 times with the pump-action shotgun, shot 2 explosive bolts to him then shot him in the gut with the flash bolt to blind him to do the stealth kill. All on my first try! So much freaking fun. Damn I LOVE this game.

If you like survival horror, get this shit. NOW.

mrselfdestruct94
10-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Jesus fucking Christ, this game is kicking my ass. It's probably the best survival horror game to come out in a long time but I'm having such a fucking difficult time with it. I'm at the end of Chapter 10 and I'm fighting the monster in the parking garage and for the life of me, I can't win. I've been stuck on this asshole for over a day now. Anyone have any helpful tips?

Bachy
11-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Just started this game.

I wouldn't recommend playing games like this alone in the dark, but it's the only way I know how.

It took me forever just to get through the intro. Not particularly easy. I like that.

Space Suicide
12-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Just started this game.

I wouldn't recommend playing games like this alone in the dark, but it's the only way I know how.

It took me forever just to get through the intro. Not particularly easy. I like that.

Yeah, I hope/assume you're playing Survival difficulty? If so, you will die a bit.

I played my first survival playthrough to 14 hrs, 14 minutes and 27 seconds. I died 75 times. Probably 20 of those deaths were from that freaking boss fight in the garage by his cheap touch and instakill move.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Just started playing this last night and man... is it freaking intense!! The opening scene already had my heart pounding as if I was there myself. I started on survival because with any new game, I refuse to start on easy but shit is this game freaking hard! You cannot fuck around.

Dr Channard
12-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I've watched a few reviews of the game but none have commented on the replayability of it. This title gets mentioned along side of RE4, one of the things that made RE4 great was its replayability, being able to restart and rollover progress and equipment etc... It was nice that Dead Space followed suit. Does this feature return in The Evil Within, anyone care to comment?

Space Suicide
12-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I've watched a few reviews of the game but none have commented on the replayability of it. This title gets mentioned along side of RE4, one of the things that made RE4 great was its replayability, being able to restart and rollover progress and equipment etc... It was nice that Dead Space followed suit. Does this feature return in The Evil Within, anyone care to comment?

Once I beat it on survival I got a machine gun and an RPG for special completion weapons. It gives you incentives to play on higher difficulties and to do certain things during the game you couldn't otherwise like killing the Laura boss in chapter 10, which is pretty much impossible without the RPG.

They have chapter select and new difficulties unlocked. Not to mention they give new opportunities to explore and gather collectables again.

I'm going to play the game through again, that's for sure. I might try it on Nightmare. Unsure if I have the balls to play it on AKUMU. :p