PDA

View Full Version : 2014.07.18 - Pemberton, BC @ Pemberton Music Festival

TheBang
04-10-2014, 04:35 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkzCIK7CMAEPfyC.jpg

ManBurning
04-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Woo, already got my tickets! I'll be there. Took a gamble back in November with the early bird pre-sale hoping NIN would be there, and they actually got booked.
Very exciting!

The whole line-up is kick ass. Hope to party with some fellow ETS'ers up in the mountains!

Krazy
05-16-2014, 02:23 PM
I love how NINtour dot com doesn't even have this on their site. WTF?

ManBurning
05-19-2014, 06:58 PM
I love how NINtour dot com doesn't even have this on their site. WTF?

I know, it's almost like they want to distance themselves from the festival and not go. Even Soundgarden have the festival listed on their site, so at least we know SG will show up.

Krazy
05-30-2014, 03:31 PM
I know, it's almost like they want to distance themselves from the festival and not go. Even Soundgarden have the festival listed on their site, so at least we know SG will show up.

They decided to add it today to NIN's tour page, for some reason.

FULLMETAL
05-31-2014, 01:57 AM
Are they performing on the 18th or the 20th?

icecream
06-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Are they performing on the 18th or the 20th?
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?68750-Pemberton-2014/page10

Apparently Outkast is Sunday, meaning NIN/SG will be Friday (18th). I guess Deadmouse is Sat? Meh...

ManBurning
06-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Pemberton updated their day to day lineup for which artists are playing on which days, and just as we figured, NIN and Soundgarden are playing on Friday the 18th.

http://pembertonmusicfestival.com/lineup?utm_source=Pemby&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Pemby%20Facebook%20::%20Second%20Line up%20Announce

icecream
06-14-2014, 12:24 AM
I hope to catch NIN and Kendrick, hope the schedules don't clash.

ManBurning
06-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Here's my day to day breakdown of who I want to see:

FRIDAY:
NIN
Soundgarden
Above and Beyond
Cage The Elephant
Big Gigantic
Rich Aucoin

SATURDAY:
Deadmau5
Metric
Snoop Dogg
TV on the Radio
Dinosaur Jr.
RL Grime
Bob Saget
Tom Green

SUNDAY:
OutKast
Matthew Good
Sloan

Here's hoping none of those clash... But i'm sure at least a few of them will on Friday/Saturday.

icecream
06-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Fri and Sun are the days that I'll have to make some hard decisions about who to see. Only one or two artists on Sat that I want to catch, probably going to be my get drunk at noon and party day. I want to have a pretty good spot for NIN on Fri. Having been to the last Pemby, how early do you think I should get to their stage?

Krazy
06-14-2014, 09:34 PM
I saw Snoop Dogg once, Lollapalooza in '09. Was impressed how he got the crowd into the show- if you guys get the chance I'd highly recommend fitting that into your schedule.

icecream
06-15-2014, 12:40 AM
I saw Snoop Dogg once, Lollapalooza in '09. Was impressed how he got the crowd into the show- if you guys get the chance I'd highly recommend fitting that into your schedule.
I was going to for sure. Most the acts I want to see are Fri and Sun. Snoop is one of the only ones I want to catch on Sat.

ManBurning
06-15-2014, 02:55 AM
Fri and Sun are the days that I'll have to make some hard decisions about who to see. Only one or two artists on Sat that I want to catch, probably going to be my get drunk at noon and party day. I want to have a pretty good spot for NIN on Fri. Having been to the last Pemby, how early do you think I should get to their stage?

Yeah, we should get together for some noon beers on Saturday! lol

Regarding how early to be at the main stage for NIN... my question for you is, What do you consider a "pretty good spot"? If you want the first 1-20 rows, you best be ready to drop whatever you're doing around noon on Friday and head to the main stage.

If you're OK with say... midway into the crowd around rows 40-50 (we're talking out of a possible 300+ rows here, assuming NIN draws at least half the projected 40,000 people) then you should be OK with heading over like an hour before NIN hits the stage.

Last time Pemberton festival back in 2008 when NIN played, I went to the stage area probably an hour before they were ready to go on, and just stood there waiting. I got about a good 30-40 rows from the front. It was a decent spot, not super close, but close enough you could see all the members and make them out to the point where they didn't look like ants and you didn't need to resort to using the jumboton for viewing the show.

My best advice is head to NIN as SOON as whatever band is finishing before them, because that's when the crowd usually disperses to go to the washroom or go get beer, or back to their tent for whatever reason.

That is... unless Soundgarden play the same stage (which i'm assuming they probably will), then you might need to get there a little earlier, because I have a feeling that people that are there for soundgraden, will also be there for NIN.

My experience is based on Interpol opening for NIN on the main stage in 2008. So, it all depends on who's gonna be playing the slot before NIN.

However, for Lollapalooza 2013, Queens opened for NIN, and my girlfriend and I arrove maybe 3/4 the way through Queens set and still managed to make it to about row 20-25 in the crowd. So, generally, if you arrive while the band before is playing, you can secure a decent enough spot around rows 25-30 without a problem. Just be willing to hang out standing for at least an hour and looking at the backs of people's heads for your only entertainment.

icecream
06-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Alright, thanks! I kinda figured the band before would play a big part in what time I should get there. I have been to smaller festivals where I get there just as one band ends, then rush to the front and get a good spot for the next. Just don't know if it's possible with 40,000ish people. Though, do they mean 40,000 over the 3 days and nights or 40,000 at capacity each day? 7$ noon beers here we come!

ManBurning
06-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Well, the site capacity is 40,000... But I highly doubt they have moved even close to that amount of tickets at $300-400 a pop. The issue is, the organizers are trying to milk as much money from everyone as they can (As seen with their ridiculous prices for stuff like "comfy camping" at $1200-1400, and I think it's $400 for an RV parking pass).
Yet, they don't want to sell single day tickets...

The last Pemby fest started selling single day tickets about a month before the show, but people keep asking these organizers if they plan on offering single day, and they keep saying no. So, they obviously want as much money as possible by trying to get people to buy in to the 3 day passes.

Their logic is rather backwards if you ask me... They say campers CANNOT leave the festival site, once you're there, you're there. They want to minimize the weekend traffic to zilch to prevent the gong show that was on the highway 6 years ago. So they are only allowing shuttles and camper vehicles to use the road for the weekend and campers must park their car at the parking lot (about 20-30 min walk from the camp site) and leave it there all weekend.

So, when asked why a camper can't buy a Shuttle pass in ADDITION to their camping pass they just ignore the question or say "we got lots of food on site, no need to leave". Well, some people might want to go back into the village for food/supplies/booze whatever it may be. But they are refusing campers to leave the site by buying a shuttle ticket and moving their car.

I say their logic is flawed because, a shuttle pass is $89... That's more money in their pocket... They don't get it. I know a handful of campers that want both camping AND shuttle passes, yet they don't want to sell both to a camper... they keep saying "one or the other, too bad"

icecream
06-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Well, the site capacity is 40,000... But I highly doubt they have moved even close to that amount of tickets at $300-400 a pop. The issue is, the organizers are trying to milk as much money from everyone as they can (As seen with their ridiculous prices for stuff like "comfy camping" at $1200-1400, and I think it's $400 for an RV parking pass).
Yet, they don't want to sell single day tickets...

The last Pemby fest started selling single day tickets about a month before the show, but people keep asking these organizers if they plan on offering single day, and they keep saying no. So, they obviously want as much money as possible by trying to get people to buy in to the 3 day passes.

Their logic is rather backwards if you ask me... They say campers CANNOT leave the festival site, once you're there, you're there. They want to minimize the weekend traffic to zilch to prevent the gong show that was on the highway 6 years ago. So they are only allowing shuttles and camper vehicles to use the road for the weekend and campers must park their car at the parking lot (about 20-30 min walk from the camp site) and leave it there all weekend.

So, when asked why a camper can't buy a Shuttle pass in ADDITION to their camping pass they just ignore the question or say "we got lots of food on site, no need to leave". Well, some people might want to go back into the village for food/supplies/booze whatever it may be. But they are refusing campers to leave the site by buying a shuttle ticket and moving their car.

I say their logic is flawed because, a shuttle pass is $89... That's more money in their pocket... They don't get it. I know a handful of campers that want both camping AND shuttle passes, yet they don't want to sell both to a camper... they keep saying "one or the other, too bad"
Yeah, I find that really odd. Know some people who only want to go to one day but they don't want to pay 400$. Also, you have to pay to ride your bike to the festival too, that Go Green pass. Normally I wouldn't put up with a festival just milking the people going, but the line up is so good. I can't tell if it means ticket sales were poor and they want to recover every dollar they can, or it's been pretty popular and they think they can charge people for all these things. Are you going to go to the Wen and Thurs shows too?

Also, they said they had 6 stages. If Soundgarden is billed as a headliner alongside NIN, it would be possible they play on a different stage at the same time. I don't know how these things really work though. Going until 2 A.M, I hope this festival lets the artists play long sets.

ManBurning
06-15-2014, 09:10 PM
You're absolutely right, SG is billed in a headlining spot, so there is a slight chance that SG and NIN might overlap or play close to one another (like SG ends their set at 9pm on the second stage and NIN start up right at 9pm on the dot on the main stage). I can see them doing something like that. Which will make it tough for my friend Simon, huge fan of both acts, doesn't wanna miss either. If it comes down to it and they are on separate stages, i'll start at the SG stage and leave halfway thru their set to head on over to the NIN stage. I wanna see both acts myself, but NIN takes priority obviously.

We're going up on Thursday afternoon so we can get our camp site set up and get decent spots and all that before Friday. We figure Friday is gonna be a huge gongshow traffic wise, so better to go up and get setup a day earlier, that way you don't miss any of the music either. Wake up on Friday, and you're already there.

Ryan
06-16-2014, 01:25 AM
DeAr tranT, plz open set w/ TPD

icecream
06-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Fuck, I really want to see SG and Kendrick but I have a feeling it will either overlap with NIN or prevent us from getting good spots. I hope just a few people have the same plan as you and get there early. I'll get in later Thurs, all the good spots better not be gone. I don't get the point of the Wens/Thurs shows. Most of those acts will be playing the weekend Pemby too.

ManBurning
06-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Actually, they are not. The acts on Wed and Thurs are ONLY scheduled for Wed and/or Thursday.
So, sucks to be some of them... playing to 1/3 of a crowd will blow. I doubt there will be that many people going up on Wed or Thurs, but ya never know... Maybe everyone might have the same idea to go up early and beat the crowd, therefore resulting in a big crowd.

icecream
06-17-2014, 02:13 AM
Actually, they are not. The acts on Wed and Thurs are ONLY scheduled for Wed and/or Thursday.
So, sucks to be some of them... playing to 1/3 of a crowd will blow. I doubt there will be that many people going up on Wed or Thurs, but ya never know... Maybe everyone might have the same idea to go up early and beat the crowd, therefore resulting in a big crowd.
Sweet Jesus I was wrong. I was expecting Gord Downie and Dan Deacon to be during he weekend

ManBurning
06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Only 1 month til the festival! That creeped up fast!! I remember it being last September when this festival first got announced, and then early bird tickets went on sale in November and I said "Man, it's still soooooo far away!" but wow, time fly's.

I wonder when our wristbands and passes are going to be sent out... They said June and we're almost done June. I'm going to assume they start shipping next week.

Also regarding NIN, given the short turn around time from having to take their stuff down late Friday evening and set it up in Vegas Saturday afternoon. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that NIN and friends are not going to bring their whole NIN+SG Summer rig to Pemberton. I'm guessing they might rent a few screens from Vancouver, or maybe just make due with whatever the festival has for them on stage, as I don't think they want to lug their whole setup from LA to Pemberton and back to Vegas in less than a 24 hr time period. Leads me to believe they are just going to bring their instruments and have 2 road crews. One for Pemberton and another one that heads to Vegas from LA on Saturday morning to go set up their rig in Vegas while the band fly's out to Vegas Saturday afternoon. That way the crew in Vegas has already set up their stuff and all they have to do is arrive and do a soundcheck. That makes the most sense to me.

icecream
06-17-2014, 06:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing, it seemed tacked on the NIN/SG tour. Probably like the Tension shows they did at festivals last year.

Hope the wrist bands get in on time. The way things have gone with parts of the festival, I can really see them getting out late.

ManBurning
06-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Well, apparently the wrist bands are supposed to ship with a tracking number. So that's good. But yeah, we are approaching the festival quite fast, and we all know how the mail can be sometimes... SO it might be in their best interest to try and ship them out sooner rather than later.

Then I have to hope my neighbors don't steal them. There is a family of 4 upstairs and they have 2 teenage kids, very very obnoxious "blast music all day long, yell, scream, stomp on the ground, skip school and smoke dope in the house" teens. And We live in a basement suite and there is no mailbox on our house, all the mail goes directly into a mail slot into the house. Last year, I had to take a day off and sit in the front lawn in a chair waiting for FedEx to deliver my Lollapalooza tickets so I could be there and sign for them myself. Waited outside from 8am-4:45pm. They estimated delivery time to be between 9-1, and the guy FINALLY arrove at 4:45pm. I even called the depot a few times wondering where he was and maybe if they could just leave the tickets at an outlet somewhere I could go get instead.

I hate getting important documents shipped to the house. We never know if we're gonna get them or not. On the plus side, I think we *MIGHT* be moving soon. We went to a showing last weekend and gave our references and the guy called them and got back to us today, saying everything checked out and if we want to sign the lease and give a damage deposit this week we can.

Oh, also... something funny about the tickets... if you go on Craigslist Vancouver there are tons of people trying to sell their Pemberton tickets already. I donno how much luck they are gonna have as I do believe there are still tons of tickets available for purchase through the Pemberton website.

Once the tickets actually ship and people have them in hand, our plan is to actually look on Craigslist for someone who might be selling a shuttle pass individually. Someone that may not need it. We're looking to get shuttle passes on top of our camping passes so we can actually leave the site in the event we want to... I mean, it's criminal that they won't sell additional shuttle passes or let campers leave the site. I understand trying to minimize the traffic going to and from the highway all weekend, that makes total sense to say once your car is parked, it's parked. But, to say you can't buy a shuttle pass in addition makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. That's more money in their pocket. But meh, we're gonna see if anyone wants to sell a shuttle pass individually. There might be some Yahoo out there that might think he can sneak into the camp ground and not need it and sell it.

Jokes on him though, if he can't sneak into the camp ground, sells his shuttle pass, gets kicked out of the festival site at 2am, he has nowhere to sleep other than maybe underneath a tree across the festival grounds, hahahaha.

icecream
06-18-2014, 08:40 AM
That sounds like a really shitty situation. Had something similar, but it was a weird crack head guy who would spy on people from the window of the upstairs instead of obnoxious kids. Do they own the house? I'm surprised at the number of people on CL who think they can sell the ticket for more than it was worth or are saying the festival is sold out lol. I bet someone on there might be willing to part with their shuttle pass if they can't dump their ticket right before the festival. Someone is trading 2 Pemby for 2 Shambala tickets. Wonder if it's possible to then sell the Pemby ticket for face value and make a profit

ManBurning
06-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Well, Pemberton claims tickets are shipping now... But I haven't received a e-mail confirmation yet, which I find bizarre as I ordered mine back in November and my Girlfriend ordered a separate ticket as a gift for someone back in the beginning of May and she got the e-mail confirmation that hers shipped on the 9th and should be there by the 19th (today). So I find that kinda odd that an order placed just last month got shipped over someone that placed an order like 8 months ago. Maybe they are doing reverse shipments based on the dates, so most recent orders are shipping and they just go backwards based on when they were ordered. Maybe its more simple for them to do it that way? Figure they would do it the other way around and ship the people's tickets who purchased them first, but with how this has been organized, nothing surprises me anymore.

icecream
06-19-2014, 07:18 PM
My friend and I got ours on the same day. He has the confirmation email and I don't. It may be alphabetical by last name? I really don't know... If it doesn't get here, I will be pissed. Did you get the wristbands today?

ManBurning
06-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Nope, she never got her wristband and I still never got my e-mail.
Her last name starts with V and mine is C, so I wonder if they are doing reverse alphabet or what.

Guess we can rule out purchase date if you and your friend ordered on the same date yet his shipped and yours hasn't.

icecream
06-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Nope, she never got her wristband and I still never got my e-mail.
Her last name starts with V and mine is C, so I wonder if they are doing reverse alphabet or what.

Guess we can rule out purchase date if you and your friend ordered on the same date yet his shipped and yours hasn't.
Alphabet is out, his last name starts with G and mine L. Still no email for me too. No surprise, I'll send an email tomorrow asking about it and see what they say.

ManBurning
06-20-2014, 12:29 AM
I'll give it til at least the 30th before I e-mail them. If I don't get the e-mail by then, somethings wrong. But i'll be patient.

I already tried asking on their facebook post if there was a specific order they were shipping, but they never replied as usual.

icecream
06-21-2014, 03:20 PM
"Wristbands have started to ship! And will continue to over the next few weeks. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number!"

From their Facebook page. I guess they shipped them in random batches and ours haven't been shipped yet, explaining no email.

"Hi *facebook name* - they are just being shipped in waves. They started shipping last week and will continue to ship the next few weeks. You will get an email as soon as yours ships. Keep an eye out, you should get your confirmation soon."

They responded to you!

ManBurning
06-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Haha, yes they did. Pretty generic response though. Pretty much the exact same thing the announcement e-mail said when they started shipping.
I'm not gonna get too worried quite yet, if I don't have the e-mail by June 30th then i'll shoot them an e-mail.

icecream
06-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Got my email. Should be here next Wens.

ManBurning
06-23-2014, 11:13 PM
I got my e-mail this morning as well. Says they were sent on the 18th and will take approx 2 weeks, that would make it Wednesday, July 2nd , so I guess mine will be here on Wednesday as well. *crosses fingers*

Once I get those tickets in my hands it'll sink in that i'm ACTUALLY going to this festival. Can't wait!

Ryan
06-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Is it July yet?

ManBurning
06-24-2014, 01:36 AM
He's still got 24 more days to nail down The Perfect Drug for it's opening song debut at the Festival. Give him time.

...I wish...

I'm not expecting anything overly rare or out of the normal at this festival setlist wise. I'll be happy just hearing *ANY* song I have yet to hear live yet. And that's getting pretty hard considering my "Unique song count" for song's i've here live is getting up there. I'm at 84 now.

Least i'm attending the opening show on this tour, so I can't go running to any setlist's before hand to spoil the show.

icecream
06-24-2014, 07:15 AM
I would love it if they troll everyone by starting The Perfect Drug and then switching to something else. Maybe The Becoming since they both would be on acoustic guitar.
I have a feeling the setlists will be TDS heavy, I would die if we get Ruiner.

My friend got his wristrband, super jealous.

ManBurning
06-25-2014, 12:01 AM
Did your friend just get 1 wristband? My Girlfriend got hers today, but it's the wrong one, they sent a shuttle pass and it was supposed to be camping. She e-mailed them and said to just bring it to the box office and have it switched. It doesn't really matter though, it's an extra ticket for someone who bunked out. So we have an extra we need to unload.

But anyway... She only got 1 wristband in the package. A red Shuttle one. I thought she got jipped a wristband, as I thought there was supposed to be a main 3-day pass wristband and a 2nd wristband for either camping or shuttle.

So, your friend only got 1 wristband?

Interesting... So that's why Pemberton weren't allowing a Shuttle pass to be purchased individually, because the shuttle and or camp pass appears to be built into the main 3 day festival pass as well? So that explains alot... I thought it was going to be like the last festival. We had separate wristbands for Camping and for the 3 day festival. Not to mention when we got there and wanted to buy alcohol we needed a 3rd wristband that showed we were legal drinking age, lol... so we had 3 passes on our arms last time.

icecream
06-25-2014, 12:26 AM
He said it's one band and it is for both camping and the 3 days. There is a little vinyl bit too that looks like it can be scanned he said.

3 bands would be a pain. Glad it's only one this time, but it sounds like it fucks you over. With the new liquor laws in B.C I wonder if the beer gardens will be separate at Pemby?

ManBurning
06-25-2014, 12:49 AM
Speaking of booze...

Check out this question and answer posted on facebook today:

Q: Any news on the booze limit??? Thanks
A: Enough for a normal human to drink. If you bring more than a normal person could drink over the weekend we can take it away. IE - about a case per person.

I don't like the response to that... A case per person... per day? for the entire weekend? Once again, they are way too vague.
If it's a case per person for the ENTIRE WEEKEND? that's rubbish... It takes me at least a good 6 drinks to feel comfortably drunk. that's half my case right there...
And if you're drinking ALL weekend long, a measly 12 pack is NOT gonna cut it.

icecream
06-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I could do a case a night. Maybe I'll bring whisky or something instead. I gotta have my rye.

ManBurning
06-25-2014, 02:57 PM
They responded again saying a case of 24 is the limit per person. I don't think that's so bad. That works out to 8 drinks per day, anymore and i'm on the floor. So that's a decent limit for me. I know there are alot of heavy drinking/partying people that attend festivals that can do a case of 12-24 per day and will probably be upset with that limit, so sucks to be them. Worse comes to Worst, they'll have booze on site anyway. I mean, it'll be hiked up to hell ($10-12) but, it is what it is.

I have so much shit to lug to the fest as it is.

I guess we're the only 2 from this board going to the festival.

icecream
06-25-2014, 06:31 PM
24 isnt bad at all. I don't really plan on drinking during the shows, just water. I don't want to spend half the festival waiting in line to piss. What if I bring a 12 pack and a bottle of whisky? There gotta be weird rules about this stuff. Or maybe no hard liquor.

I think we are. The 400$ price probably doesn't help. Maybe if the other guys wait till just before the festival they could grab a discount wristband on Craig's list?

Ryan
07-02-2014, 12:05 AM
24 isnt bad at all. I don't really plan on drinking during the shows, just water. I don't want to spend half the festival waiting in line to piss.

"Words of wisdom, Lloyd. Words of wisdom."

icecream
07-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Wat?

Hope Canada Day doesn't mess up my wristbands arrival by too much,

ManBurning
07-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Wat?

Hope Canada Day doesn't mess up my wristbands arrival by too much,

My tracking number is FINALLY working (took a week to show results) and says it is estimated to arrive tomorrow. *crosses fingers*
I am debating waking up early and sitting outside waiting to intercept the postman, otherwise, the wristbands are going straight into the upstairs neighbours house via the bloody mail slot that goes into the house. I wish this house would just have a bloody mailbox like regular houses do.

So, If my tracking number says delivered and I don't get them, heads are gonna roll.

icecream
07-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Maybe put a sign saying mail addressed to X goes here? I would hait to wait by the box all day

ManBurning
07-02-2014, 02:44 PM
YES!! Today is a good day! The passes have arrived!! This is exciting... It's finally sunk in, i'm going to the festival!!!
Only 2 weeks to go!!!! Can't wait!!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0775_zpsd97fa76b.jpg

And, I didn't even have to wait all day for the post man. I slept in as usual, woke up, ate breakfast, checked the tracking number and it said "out for delivery" this was 2 minutes to noon... So I figured, maybe the postman hasn't arrived yet... I'll go outside and see if I see them walking down the street. When I got outside, I looked on the steps that lead up to the upstairs neighbors entrance and I saw the package just sitting there resting against the door. Which is odd, because it would have been thin enough to slip though the mail slot... but hey... it worked out, I was able to get the passes before heading to work and not worrying whether or not the neighbors were gonna take them. Still... they shouldn't just leave mail unattended on the steps like that, but... it all worked out, so i'm happy!!

icecream
07-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Nice! Mine should be here too. I'll check later tonight.

icecream
07-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaah! Mine came in! Like you, it really feels like I'm going after holding them.

ManBurning
07-06-2014, 05:15 PM
@october_midnight (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=288) @Fixer808 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=43) @ibanez33 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1186) @Warped_Savant (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1044) BlueCalx Do any of you want to go to the festival? My girlfriend and I have an extra ticket for a friend that bailed on us that we're looking to unload for a discounted price.
Regular pricing for a ticket is now at $420, but we'd be willing to let it go for $300 OBO.

It's a GA festival ground ticket + SHUTTLE wrist band. However, we contacted the festival organizers who said we can switch the Shuttle pass out for a Camping pass at the box office when we head to the festival. So if Shuttle isn't your thing, and you'd rather camp that can be arranged.

Not just limited to the people I tagged, if you are reading this and considering going to the festival but do not have $400+ to drop, get in touch with me as well.

Fixer808
07-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm most likely going to be working, and wouldn't want to go without my girlfriend anyway, but thanks for the offer!

ManBurning
07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it's REALLY short notice, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is stuck working at their jobs that weekend. I had to book my time off 6 months ago, that weekend is overbooked at my job. People are begging and begging to get their shifts covered for that weekend. But figured it was worth a post here. We each posted it on our respective Facebook's and no response there either. And trying to compete with the 300 posts on Craigslist is a futile effort.

icecream
07-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I have a friend who wants to go. I'll let him know and get back to you

october_midnight
07-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Hey sorry, my wife and I will be all over California for a week or so and we actually leave that morning haha...thanks though!

ManBurning
07-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Hey sorry, my wife and I will be all over California for a week or so and we actually leave that morning haha...thanks though!

Ah damn! What a week to be out of town, hah. Enjoy the trip though!

ManBurning
07-08-2014, 01:18 PM
The schedule is OUT!!

http://pembertonmusicfestival.com/schedule?utm_source=Pemberton%20Facebook&utm_medium=Daily%20Schedule%20Announce&utm_campaign=Pemberton%20Facebook%20::%207.8%20::% 20Daily%20Schedule%20Announce

NIN are playing from 9:30pm-12:00am! Holy smokes, that's a long NIN set.

Soundgarden are 6:30-8:00pm on the same stage.

Nothing I want to see clashes all weeknd, so i'm pretty happy about that.

hythloth
07-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Outkast is scheduled for a similar time slot, and no way that they have that much material rehearsed. In order words, both bands will have the ability to play for 2.5 hours, but will probably stick with 90 minutes.

ManBurning
07-08-2014, 02:27 PM
90 mins seems too short for a Headline act. I can see them doing 120 mins. The extra 30 mins is probably there as leeway in case they are late getting to the stage or to take into consideration issues that may arise with the production.

Or maybe they just plan on ending with a 30 minute rendition of The Perfect Drug.

icecream
07-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Everything I want to see clashes :/

The single day tickets are out
http://pembertonmusicfestival.com/tickets?utm_source=Pemberton%20Facebook&utm_medium=Single%20Day%20Tickets&utm_campaign=Pemberton%20Facebook%20::%207.8%20::% 20Single%20Day%20Tickets

ManBurning
07-10-2014, 12:30 AM
OK... what in the actual fuck just happened...

Yesterday NIN's time slot said 2.5 hrs and now it's been cut down to 90 mins?? While Deamau5 and Outkast's headlining slots are untouched?
Now i'm pretty pissed...

So, there is an hour from when NIN ends and the next band starts up of no music???

Something's not right here...

icecream
07-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Maybe they gave the artists 2.5 hours to work with. NIN said they would do 90 min, deadmouse and Outkast have either not gotten back to them or are doing the full 2.5? NIN is the last artist on the Pemberton stage that night.

Outkast goes til 11:20 now.

ManBurning
07-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Yeah, they cut both Outkast and Deadmau5's set's as well now...
Deadmau5 only gets an hour and 15 mins? That's a small set for a headline act.

I'm not really digging what they're doing here. They seem very unprofessional and the festival is beginning to seem pretty poorly planned at this point.
An hour of no music at all between 11pm and 12am after all the headline acts? What's up with that?

I would not be surprised if this does not come back again next year.

Also, Map of the festival grounds has been released. No mention of where showers will be.

http://pembertonmusicfestival.com/info/map

icecream
07-11-2014, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I was really excited but the short NIN set kinda bums me out. Also, why have the comedy competing with the music headliners? I really wanted to see Norm Macdonald and Trailer Park Boys.

I assumed the showers were the water drops?

TheRealNs1
07-11-2014, 03:15 AM
amateur hour here.

icecream
07-11-2014, 09:10 AM
I've never been to a big festival before. I thought everything would be planned weeks in advanced. Didn't think set lengths would change a week before shows start.

ManBurning
07-11-2014, 08:15 PM
The sad thing is, so far this makes the 2008 Pemberton festival seem WAY more organized. And that festival got so much backlash for being the most unorganized piece of shit ever.

Like I said, I don't see this festival returning again next year, or ever again, after this.

(*disco*)
07-12-2014, 06:32 PM
I don't know the last one was a refugee festival and possibly the worst I have ever attended. I hope its not like that again....and I'm curious about the shuttle set up.
The last one was so bad, I refuse to attend this time.

icecream
07-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Is it just hard to pull something off that big out there?

ManBurning
07-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Looks like it's going to be a cold and rainy forecast all weekend long at the festival. Bah, that sucks. Was looking forward to some fun in the sun.

Anyway, 1 more day til I head up there. Should be awesome.

Not sure how well of internet i'll have on site since i'll be camping, and will only have my phone which I'll need to use sparingly. so I probably won't be able to post to ETS over the weekend. Anyone looking for news and updates on the show will probably not be getting them from me til I am back to civilization on Monday.

martin_b
07-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Any stage trucks noticed somewhere in Pemberton? ;-)

icecream
07-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Heard them soundcheck piggy bunch of times and parts of terrible lie. Looks like they have a big led screen or the festival pannels. Too far away to tell.

SM Rollinger
07-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Is anybody taping this?

New Killer Star
07-19-2014, 04:49 AM
MASSIVE LOL's

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/pemberton-valley-pemberton-bc-canada-4bc12bba.html (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/pemberton-valley-pemberton-bc-canada-4bc12bba.html)

Spoonman (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Spoonman)

This I Love (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?song=This+I+Love)
(Guns N’ Roses (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html) cover)

The Scatman (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/john-scatman-bddf94a.html?song=The+Scatman)
(John Scatman (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/john-scatman-bddf94a.html) cover)

The Raven (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Raven)
(Edgar Allan Poe cover)

1 Chronicles (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/the-bible-53d73311.html?song=1+Chronicles)
(The Bible (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-bible-53d73311.html) cover)

Closer (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Closer)
(Nine Inch Nails cover)

4'33" (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=4%2733%22)
(John Cage cover - The Great Destroyer breakdown )

Someone gonna get banned (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Someone+gonna+get+banned)
(setlist fm cover)

I Touch Myself (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/divinyls-2bd6708a.html?song=I+Touch+Myself)
(Divinyls (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/divinyls-2bd6708a.html) cover)

Hurt (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/johnny-cash-bd6b1b6.html?song=Hurt)
(Johnny Cash (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/johnny-cash-bd6b1b6.html) cover)

Suck (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/pigface-bd6a51a.html?song=Suck)
(Pigface (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/pigface-bd6a51a.html) cover) (Echoing The Sound cover)

The Great Gig in the Sky (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Great+Gig+in+the+Sky)
(with Yoko Ono)

No Quarter (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=No+Quarter)
(Cover of Tool cover of Led Zeppelin)

Suck on my chocolate salty balls (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/chef-53d6cb7d.html?song=Suck+on+my+chocolate+salty+ball s)
(Chef (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/chef-53d6cb7d.html) cover)

Cover (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Cover)
(Cover cover)

Hooker with a Penis is a Slavery (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Hooker+with+a+Penis+is+a+Slaver y)
(with Happiness in Slavery breakdown)

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/aretha-franklin-13d6b9a1.html?song=%28You+Make+Me+Feel+Like%29+A+N atural+Woman)
(Aretha Franklin (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/aretha-franklin-13d6b9a1.html) cover)

Human Nature (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/michael-jackson-6bd6e252.html?song=Human+Nature)
(Michael Jackson (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/michael-jackson-6bd6e252.html) cover)

Gold Cobra (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Gold+Cobra)
(Limp Bizkit (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html) cover)

Inbox (157) (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Inbox+%28157%29)
(G-Mail cover)

That's What I Get (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=That%27s+What+I+Get)
(^ ^ cover)

Burn (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Burn)
(The Cure cover - with Brandon Lee)

Uruguay National Anthem (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Uruguay+National+Anthem)

Encore:
The Day The Nose Went Away (Nasal) (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Day+The+Nose+Went+Away+%28N asal%29)

Encore 2:
Jeopardy Theme (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Jeopardy+Theme)
(with Discipline breakdown)

MH17 (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=MH17)
(Russian cover(up))

Come to Butt-Head (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/beavis-and-butt-head-3bd6c4c8.html?song=Come+to+Butt-Head)
(Beavis and Butt-Head (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/beavis-and-butt-head-3bd6c4c8.html) cover)

This is a Trent Reznor song (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=This+is+a+Trent+Reznor+song)
(Freddy Scott cover)

Omega
07-19-2014, 10:54 AM
That was the setlist for the festival? I hope it's different for the tour.