PDA

View Full Version : "Ghosts I" movie (by a fan) now on YouTube

stargrove
04-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Hello, all. Like the title suggests, I made a movie to accompany all nine tracks of Ghosts I. You can watch it here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pmTsYq1V8gE).

Ever since TR announced that film contest for the Ghosts songs (What ever happened with that anyway? Did someone win?) I've been interested in making a narrative film that uses the music in sequence. This is what I came up with.

Thanks!

m15a
04-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Only had time to watch through the first 2 tracks, but I like it so far. Thanks for posting!

EDIT: Just finished it. Really enjoyed it. I like how the breaks between tracks were used as (partial?) non sequiturs.

stargrove
04-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks for watching and replying! Playing with the relationship to the music--mainly how tightly (or not) the action and visual edits correspond to the musical beats, dynamics, and transitions--was one of the biggest creative concerns. The best moments were the ones I didn't plan or anticipate (like the switch from track 3 to 4, which lines up with her finding her way home). Anyway, I appreciate hearing from you. Thanks a lot.