PDA

View Full Version : What does your login name mean?

elevenism
03-22-2014, 12:53 AM
There are so many people i wanna ask this question that i thought i'd make a thread.
Hopefully you guys don't think it's too lame.

I used to be...well actually still am...in a graffiti crew called Drenched With Ink (DWI) in dallas. I trust that the dallas graffiti task force isn't lurking around echoing the sound. And i write Eleven (and also Pure.) The rest of our crew is Aztech, Dubious, Pure, Ponic and Spook.
And ponic moved to ireland and gets around europe quite a bit, so there are now DWI members worldwide, which is pretty fucking cool to me.
I don't do graf when i'm here because i'm currently living in a town of 2000, and i'm the only person here with long hair, 1" lobes and facial piercings, and they would catch me in a hot minute.

Also, i've always seen the number 11:11 on the clock. When i was younger, and much crazier (not in the "wild and crazy fun guy way, but in the untreated bipolar way,) i spent a LOT of time thinking about the meaning of the number. It means many things to me, but one and one making one number symbolizes love. So Elevenism is kinda like Twoism (by boards of canada.)

On ETS i've also been eleven11 and elevensoul.

sick among the pure
03-22-2014, 01:29 AM
My login name is a phrase used in a song by a band I like to which I make a personal connection based on my place in a society that fears, hates, disowns, and threatens who I am on a daily basis.

Nothing more to it than that.

elevenism
03-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Yeah i kinda caught that one already @sick among the pure (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=266)
So many people's user names...not just here, but all over the internet, are much stranger.

Edit: actually, it is kind of interesting that you feel a personal connection to the lyric.

ibanez33
03-22-2014, 02:39 AM
I've been using this ID for like 10 years. My first guitar was an Ibanez, and "33" because "ibanez" was taken so I added a number because I was 12 and lazy. I've switched to other names in most places but everyone on ETS knows me as ibanez33 so no point in changing it.

elevenism
03-22-2014, 03:38 AM
Word, i have an ibanez G10 or GiO or whatever the hell it says on the headstock.

allegro
03-22-2014, 04:45 AM
Wow, I thought yours was, like, the Tau of Spinal Tap ;-)

UnjollyIrishman
03-22-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm an Anglo-Irishman who gets pissed at most things.

thelastdisciple
03-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Doesn't mean anything special, it's just something i thought of that had an aesthetic appeal and rolled of the tongue quite well.

Also absolutely zero religious meaning behind my name, it was more in reference to.... at least in my mind if there was an apocalypse or something and you had some mentor that was guiding you in life and you were one of many of his students but they all died, the idea is that you're the last person to contain the knowledge of their teachings, you're the last disciple.

I've been using this name EVERYWHERE.

I also prefer the name all in lower case and all as one without spaces, capitalizing the t, l or d just doesn't look as good to me.

Unfortunately some sites have capitalization scripts and times where i had to add an underscore or something crazy, my PSN username is thelastdisciple_ but c'est la vie.

jessamineny
03-22-2014, 11:31 AM
jessamine is another word for jasmine, which is a main ingredient in the perfume that I've had made for me for eons. And I live in NY

Lew
03-22-2014, 11:39 AM
my paternal grandfather was named lew. so my parents, being either really forward thinking or really fucking cruel, decided to give me a hyphenated first name, with lew being the second part.
cue the country 8 track, mofo's!!!
lol.
i am 41 now, so actually don't mind the name or the hyphen or the teasing i got as a child for the name...but at 5, when i informed the world i would no longer answer to the hyphenated name, it was a real bummer.
:)

marodi
03-22-2014, 11:48 AM
My name is MArie ROse DIane.

Oh and by the way, those are my 3 first names. Us Québécois are weird like that.

icklekitty
03-22-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm very small and I like cats. My username on here was originally silktwisteddagger, which means "I'm 14 and wear black lipstick".

Fixer808
03-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Nothing, really. I remembered reading the novelization of Star Wars the first time I signed up to a forum way back when and one of Luke's friends was named Fixer, thought it was cool.

Then I went by it when I was in a band.

Then at some point I had to add a number for whatever reason, so I used 808 because this:
http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/tr-808/TR-808-with-Real-World-Interfaces-mods.jpg

ltrandazzo
03-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Originally, my name was Somewhat Broken, which meant that I was 17, a virgin, clad in JNCO jeans, Dragonfly bowling shirts and ball chain necklaces.

Then, in 2004, I had my name switched to just Tony, which is my name.

Finally, in 2005, drunkpoet created an alias on ETS for Batman with admin powers, so I became Lt. Randazzo after Lt. James Gordon at the end of Batman Begins, shining the bat signal on trolls and other fools. That one ended up sticking.

On Twitter, I just use LtRandazzo, which I can also repurpose as "Little tony" Randazzo because my great-aunts called me "Little Tony" into my late teens even though I was six feet tall and towered above the rest of my family.

liquidcalm
03-22-2014, 01:13 PM
someone said to me when I was like.. 13/14 at a party, here drink this.. it's like.. liquid calm or something.. it wasn't, it was gin and it sucked.. I liked the phrase though. If I'm not liquidcalm online, I'm alonemusic which is my music projects name.. with music as alone is taken everywhere... Alone came from a brainstorm with my now ex-bandmate as a joke because there were two of us.. that was also when I was 15.. now I'm 28! hurray!

Leviathant
03-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Way back on ye olde dial-up BBSs I was MattD. In high school, I had a class on Modern European History and at one point, we were discussing Thomas Hobbes' Leviathan. I changed my handle to Leviathan on the BBS. A year or two later, we got AOL, and I tried Leviathan, but it came back Levitn12412 or something like that, and I didn't want numbers in my name, so I put a letter at the end instead. This turned out to be a fairly unique identifier, and so I stuck with it.

Alexandros
03-22-2014, 01:22 PM
It's my first name, the greek (where I'm from) form of the name Alexander. Although I do have an alias for some years now that I regularly use in other websites, back in 2007 when I joined ETS I thought my first name was distinctive enough for an international NIN forum. (Whereas there would probably be 10 or more variations in a greek forum).

Charmingly Miserable
03-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Charmingly Miserable is the name of the book of poetry that I wrote which stems from a text conversation with a friend upon which I described myself. You can also find me on Instagram under charminglymiserable.

Halo Infinity
03-22-2014, 02:42 PM
My name is just the abbreviation of Kristoffer, which is my real full first name. I signed in as Kristoffer on ETS in 2004, and then just settled for Kris in 2011.

-Edit-

Before I was also Kristoffer, I was also Halo_Infinity. It was a play on words regarding my seemingly infinite obsession with Nine Inch Nails, while wanting to collect as many Halos as I could.

elevenism
03-22-2014, 02:50 PM
oh, holy shit. i have found out a few i always wondered about (i'm looking at you, marodi and icklekitty)
Lolz allegro . I could write you a fucking essay on the meaning of the number 11 to me. It runs a little deeper than that.
Leviathant, i always thought yours meant like a worshiper of Leviathan.

Wretchedest
03-22-2014, 03:25 PM
This was the first message board I ever signed up for, so I subsequentlg used this name everywhere. Logging on to a NIN board I thought i should choose a song I liked, so I chose the Wretched. But I think that was taken? As a joke I was going to follow up with "Wretcheder" but didnt feel like being one upped in the Wretched game so I chose "Wretchedest." So there was no question about these things.

As the name is an escalation of jokes that I made to myself that no one could ever get, I've never been super stoked on it, but some around here suggested I keep it for familiairty's sake. Lately I've stopped using it elsewhere, as it makes even less sense on, say, a Magic the Gathering board. So i adopted "Cephalopods" which are things that I like.

allegro
03-22-2014, 04:39 PM
oh, holy shit. i have found out a few i always wondered about (i'm looking at you, marodi and icklekitty)
Lolz allegro . I could write you a fucking essay on the meaning of the number 11 to me. It runs a little deeper than that.
Leviathant, i always thought yours meant like a worshiper of Leviathan.

Spinal Tap means a LOT to me, so much that I could write a grad school thesis. My login should be "Bizarre Gardening Incident"

Back in the days of BBSs, my login was my first name because that's what you did back then. Duh. Now, my login is a music tempo marking that means "fast and lively" because I type really fast. Although, I should have chosen Prestissimo because that's really really fast. But, I'm on Allegra the allergy meds so I liked allegro better.

elevenism
03-23-2014, 06:08 AM
@allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) , i have never seen spinal tap, but i take it it must be worth watching! So their amps go up to 11 or something? Yes, i know, shame on me for not having seen it! i just haven't ever caught it, but i promise i will.

in spanish , me alegro means i am happy (literally, i please myself...GET YER MIND OUT OF THE GUTtER, not like that!) Then there's a different verb, simply alegrar, which is used like "yo alegro elevenism, porque cada persona en el mundo le encanta elevenism) (i cheer up elevenism, because everyone in the world loves elevenism! ) OR...Yo alegro la fiesta (I make happy or LIVEN UP the pary) That's what i thought your name referred to, but i never noticed that it has one to many L's.
But considering musical terms come from italian (right?,) and Spanish and Italian are two of the most latin inspired languages, and the Allegro tempo is fast and lively, and the spanish word means to cheer up something or someone up, it's pretty damn likely that it all comes from the same place, right.

I'm an etymology nut (which is the study of words, ntbcw ENtOmology, the study of insects.)

scotty79
03-23-2014, 06:51 AM
Mines pretty obvious everyone calls me scotty and I was born in 79, don't have much of an imagination when it comes to these things so tend to stick to somethin pretty plain and simple

elevenism
03-23-2014, 09:03 AM
I'm very small and I like cats. My username on here was originally silktwisteddagger, which means "I'm 14 and wear black lipstick".

Crazy. All these years i thought it meant like a sick or prickly kitty or a kitty with a sickle, or perhaps an icky pickled kitty.
But today i learned a new word, ickle, when i broke down and looked up the term ickle.
So it means little and cute as far as i can tell, and is derived from a common mispronunciation of world little as spoken by a very young British child.
I've never heard it in Texas or in a US movie.
Oddly enough, here is the first definition on Urban Dictionary: note the usage.
1. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/sound.modal.php?defid=921226)
ickle (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ickle&defid=921226)

Another word for "little". Seems to originate in England.
There's an ickle kitten on the doorstep.

I wonder how many years it will take for me to stop thinking of it as a icky sickle kitty ;)

slave2thewage
03-23-2014, 11:05 AM
13 year old me thought it would be cool to have a Placebo name WITH NUMBERS. Ugh.

Demogorgon
03-23-2014, 11:41 AM
pre-ETS me, probably in my early teens, used to wander the net under my backyard wrestling name, Alex Powers. on the old ETS site and most other places around that time i started going by cappadocianman, because the Cappacian clan was my favorite Vampire: the Masqeurade clan. nowadays i go by Demogorgon, mostly because i like the name, and the story of a primordial deity that doesn't actually exist and was created instead due to a mistranslation from one or more greek words. so my internet alias experience has been an exercise in geekdom from the beginning.

allegro
03-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Crazy. All these years i thought it meant like a sick or prickly kitty or a kitty with a sickle, or perhaps an icky pickled kitty.
But today i learned a new word, ickle, when i broke down and looked up the term ickle.
So it means little and cute as far as i can tell, and is derived from a common mispronunciation of world little as spoken by a very young British child.
I've never heard it in Texas or in a US movie.
Oddly enough, here is the first definition on Urban Dictionary: note the usage.
1. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/sound.modal.php?defid=921226)
ickle (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ickle&defid=921226)

Another word for "little". Seems to originate in England.
There's an ickle kitten on the doorstep.

I wonder how many years it will take for me to stop thinking of it as a icky sickle kitty ;)

You need to shitcan Urban Dictionary and use this instead (http://www.etymonline.com).

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/ickle

virushopper
03-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Before I came to this name I had used a variation of names with the word "virus". I always liked the word and it sounded cool when people post "Hey Virus!". I'm not exactly sure where the "hopper" came from but sometime 2006 or 07 I decided to put the two together it just stuck.

Contrary to what anyone believes, I had no clue there is a paint ball gun with the same name.

NotoriousTIMP
03-23-2014, 01:41 PM
My old ETS name was "Trentsinmypants" which stemmed from a joke in highschool. I used to wear my dad's jeans when I was 15; because wearing super baggy pants that were too long/big for you was the cool thing to do in SoCal at the time. I pretty much only listened to NIN back then so the group of goth *rolls eyes* kids I hung out with would always tease me about how closed minded I was when it came to music. One day I was asked about my pants and why they were so big/oversized and I told them it was because I had trent in my pants *rolls eyes again* - Why this became my ETS name is still a bit fuzzy but god knows I haven't been able to live it down to this day.

When I started becoming an internet asshole here on ETS (remember that photoshop thread of THTF 10"?) Someone came up to me at a nails show and said "Hey, are you that notorious TIMP guy?" and thats how my current name came to be.........

miss k bee
03-23-2014, 02:21 PM
I wrote to a music magazine donkey's years ago under the name Miss K Bee think the K was for killer bee. Also my first and middle names mean bee.

Dra508
03-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Second syllable of my first name and an area code I lived in at the time.

Timinator
03-24-2014, 08:49 AM
To "Timinate" is to rub the tip of your penis on a woman's clitoris. I do this sometimes.

frankie teardrop
03-24-2014, 09:34 AM
it's a rather disturbing and groundbreaking song from 1977 by suicide. my name is frank, but i never cared for frankie, francis, etc... but an old bandmate used to invoke the song every time i walked in the room, "frankie frankie"-- so it stuck. i took it on as a DJ name as well, so i'm used to being called frankie by anyone i've met through DJing/playing music, etc.

Lew
03-24-2014, 11:08 AM
To "Timinate" is to rub the tip of your penis on a woman's clitoris. I do this sometimes.

rofl!!!! i did not know said action actually had a term attached to it.
nice. (the term and the action.)

blackholesun
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Soundgarden song. I used the name for everything around 2003-2004 and ended up on the old ETS with it. I'm not really a Soundgarden fan anymore.

Millionaire
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM
The Queens of the Stone Age song "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMd6CcX7yPA

sa_nick
03-24-2014, 11:25 AM
My name is Nick and I'm from South Australia. It's not at all creative but it's a step above my old handle, Squall6789, made around the release of Final Fantasy 8 in my tween years.

I call BS on that but it's awesome enough I'm gonna adapt the term anyway. What's the real story? A portmanteau of Tim (your name?) and terminator (popular 90's film)?

the duder
03-24-2014, 11:44 AM
One of my father's friends has called me "the dude" - or "the dud" - since I was about 3-4. I also felt that since my first name is Jeffrey, and I lived a quasi-Lebowski existence for a spell, it was fitting. (Plus, "the dude" was already taken).

RocketScience
03-24-2014, 12:29 PM
I like science. Rockets are cool.

skullboy0
03-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Mine comes from playing poker, was at a game with my brother's friends & since there was already a Mike there, they took to calling me Skullboy since I had a skull for my card protector.

Was on a poker site that migrated to another platform as skullboy, since that was taken they made it skullboy0.

Since that's usually not taken, that's what I usually end up using.

bgalbraith
03-24-2014, 01:39 PM
First initial, last name. Super creative!

The only other handle I ever used consistently was "Zephan" which was a misspelling of Xaphan, a supposed fallen angel who tried to set heaven on fire, though this was used primarily for games. For the few social things I use, I just stick with my own name, since it works in multiple contexts and is relatively uncommon by itself.

Timinator
03-24-2014, 03:06 PM
[Timinator blah blah]
I call BS on that but it's awesome enough I'm gonna adapt the term anyway. What's the real story? A portmanteau of Tim (your name?) and terminator (popular 90's film)?
Of course it is. Though there was some discussion about the clitoris-rubbing on ETS circa 2007.

elevenism
03-25-2014, 05:36 AM
You need to shitcan Urban Dictionary and use this instead (http://www.etymonline.com).

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/ickle
WOW

that is the hot shit for someone who is in love with words the way i am...thanx

aggroculture
03-26-2014, 05:47 AM
Aborted title for Type O Negative's World Coming Down.

Ryan
03-26-2014, 06:25 AM
^ I thought that's what you chose it from.

Mine is my name. The end.

icklekitty
03-26-2014, 07:09 AM
^ I thought that's what you chose it from.

Full stop.

Pillfred
03-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Back in the days of chat rooms i had two names i would use D_phrenic as its basically my real name, and pillfred. A buddy used to give this kid shit about pinching bags of pot by calling him, pillfred pinner pinchwinsky. At 8 a.m. after working all night and being high i thought i was as good as a name as any to use for my excite and yahoo chat room trolling sessions. I only half apologize for my blatant spamming of Pantera Rules, Smoke Weed. That was many many years ago but i liked the name and have been using online ever since, i've been using it ever since i guess.

staleincense
03-26-2014, 04:01 PM
If you don't know what it means, then you don't deserve to be on this forum.

orestes
03-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Agamemnon is a twat.

Sarah K
03-26-2014, 04:48 PM
That I lack creativity.

[parasite]
03-28-2014, 04:49 PM
mine is my bad/depressed/dark personalities name, the one which is the real me!

wizfan
03-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Wiz or Wizkid is a username I've used for years (I dropped the "h" from "whiz kid", obviously). I added the "fan" at the end after visiting the Kevin Smith forum back in 2005 and noticing some people with nicknames like "KevinSmithFan". So, it stuck with me.

EDIT: In many websites you will find me as wizfrikiman, which was an "evolution" of Wizfan. The "friki" refers to Frikipaideia, the Greek version of the Wikipedia parody Uncyclopedia. I was an admin of that site once. I use Wizfan only on ETS, I think.

Kyle
07-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Kyle means "handsome."

My parents clearly knew what they were doing.

icecream
07-23-2014, 12:37 AM
I like picking food names to use and thought icecream would be a strange name for a NIN forum. My old NIN.com one involved pickles.

hb13161705
07-23-2014, 05:21 AM
hb1316 is an abbreviation of honeybabe1316, my youtube name. Honey and Babe are what my husband and I call each other, we never call each other by our real names. 13 and 16 are our birthdays and you should know who was born on 17 and 05.

Halo Infinity
07-23-2014, 11:25 AM
No wonder why I was thrown off by the 1705, because I was so used to having the month being mentioned before the day. If it was 0517, I would've gotten it so much sooner. :p

eversonpoe
07-24-2014, 03:12 PM
the name of the brother of the main character in my favorite book series (the phineas poe trilogy by will christopher baer), who is only mentioned exactly twice throughout the entirety of the three books.

it's also the name of my main music project. no one else has ever tried to use the name anywhere, so it was a good choice.

ophelia_
07-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Probably one of Shakespeares saddest characters, and obviously therefore my favourite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophelia

Big Fat Matt
07-25-2014, 10:13 PM
im 6'4", 330lbs, and my name is Matt. It also abbreviates very nicely. BFM, or Biffm, rolls off of the tongue like cheap booze down my throat.

onthewall2983
07-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Part of a line from a Genesis song, combined with part of my birthday.

arewhyehen
07-26-2014, 10:12 AM
My name is Ryan but that username is always taken, so I decided to spell out my name in words. arewhyehen are why eh en ( R Y A N). "are" and "why" obviously being part of the English languange and "eh" being a common phrase by us Canadians and then "en" isn't really a word unless you're french, but we have those up here in Canada too..haha

Kyle
07-26-2014, 11:36 AM
My name is Ryan but that username is always taken, so I decided to spell out my name in words. arewhyehen are why eh en ( R Y A N). "are" and "why" obviously being part of the English languange and "eh" being a common phrase by us Canadians and then "en" isn't really a word unless you're french, but we have those up here in Canada too..haha
That's pretty cool. I might steal that idea sometime.

mistresswanda
07-26-2014, 11:41 AM
My real name sucks and is so overused... (look up the most popular names from ALL the 70's, it's usually #1 if not in the top four). Mistress Wanda is a fictional character I created over six years ago to RPG with. She has several incarnations in many settings and times. I know, I'm a geek.

arewhyehen
07-26-2014, 02:41 PM
That's pretty cool. I might steal that idea sometime.

Thanks dude!

tony.parente
07-28-2014, 11:21 PM
It's muh name.

Jinsai
07-28-2014, 11:39 PM
old Japanese word that isn't really used anymore. Got it out of my J->E dictionary when I was studying Japanese.

The first kanji is for "person," which basically looks like a stick figure without a head or arms

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nWJ5PNkTq-w/THVbaVHKCjI/AAAAAAAAALU/OVu1ahNGpo0/s320/hito2.jpg

the second symbol is "disaster"

http://namakajiri.net/pics/nikki/sai.png

the definition in my dictionary said "disaster instigated by human neglect."

I always liked that the second symbol looked like a combination for the kanji for "fire" http://fc00.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/11/8/1/Kanji___Fire.jpg and "person"

kel
07-30-2014, 01:14 PM
it was my gay.com login name back when i was single.

pretty boring.

Dra508
07-30-2014, 02:59 PM
My real name sucks and is so overused... (look up the most popular names from ALL the 70's, it's usually #1 if not in the top four). Mistress Wanda is a fictional character I created over six years ago to RPG with. She has several incarnations in many settings and times. I know, I'm a geek.

Jen? .........

Swykk
07-31-2014, 10:59 AM
It's an 80s heavy metal/90s pro wrestling style abbreviation of part of my last name. Why? Because it's rad and unfortunately my last name is my former adopted stepfather's last name and I don't want myself associated with him or his family.
Why not just change my last name back to my real father's name? I don't feel like I belong to him either.
So I thought I'd make something out of this such as it is and it's worked nicely. It feels like mine.
The more you know!

somethingelse
07-31-2014, 06:12 PM
I would love to change my login name to somethingelse.

eversonpoe
07-31-2014, 06:23 PM
I would love to change my login name to somethingelse.

literally to "somethingelse" or was that a typo and i'm reading into it too much?

somethingelse
07-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Literally. Haven't really seen a relevant thread around to ask, so yeah somethingelse would be just fine :p

Halo Infinity
07-31-2014, 06:42 PM
raygunprimed - It is still... right... here... (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/271-Changing-Username-Possible) :)

Butterscotch
08-01-2014, 02:36 PM
It's the name for the best flavor of pudding.

Fangster_
08-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Father, I confess. And it's ugly.

At the time of registering, I was obsessed with the word 'fangs'. I wanted to adopt it as an alias. But had to give it a little twist for originality's sake, and to make it sound like more of a personal title. So after some hard brain work I merged it with GANGSTER of all words. So I became Fangster... even considered going as Original Fangster.

*shrugs*

But it made for a catchy name, I guess.

And the underscore comes from, oh you'd never ever guess, HTDA. Cuz I thought it was cool and shit.

Louie_Cypher
08-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Nickname I got in high school from my best friends grandmother and close to my last name. We were constantly in trouble, and I always seemed to get the blame. One day he went to his grandma for money for something, and she replied, "I'll give you the money as long as that damn Lucifer isn't involved".
The name stuck but was later shortened to Luc. It's also homage to the movie "Angel Heart".

xmd 5a
08-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Pretty simple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crcqADcAusg

I'm fairly sure the name itself is based on malware/spyware of some description (as with several of the other Analord tracks).

I generally add an "8000" on the end on most other sites because "xmd 5a" and xmd5a" are almost always taken already. The [username]8000 is a tradition dating back to the very first account I made on the internet. I was obsessed with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5c8rGWqAHY
at the time I made that account and it has just kind of stuck since. I figure it's better than [username]420 or [username]69, anyway :P

GibbonBlack
08-06-2014, 09:34 PM
a friend of mine and I have a running joke that if you listen close enough to any song you'll hear a reference to monkeys. The song that started it all was ICP's 'Off The Track' where they sing "Give On Back" and it sounds like Gibbon Black.

JML9
08-11-2014, 05:52 PM
My initials and a 9 for obvious reasons. Yes, I lack any creativity!:confused:

Throw_it_away9
08-11-2014, 06:26 PM
So, there's this podcast, THROW IT AWAY and so that's where that comes from. That podcast also talks about a band called Nine Inch Nails.

Thus: throw_it_away9
[Twitter already had throwitaway in various easier forms already taken...and to keep the brand intact, thought I'd keep the twitter & ETS handles the same]

Additionally, my former ETS/Spiral & current twitter [& everything else] is a combo of one of the best tracks on The Fragile & my love for 11:11 (which had some shared meaning between friends and I-long before I found out about other people's 11:11 meanings).

Thus: thewretched1111

Melancholygrl78
04-09-2015, 01:59 AM
Also, i've always seen the number 11:11 on the clock. When i was younger, and much crazier (not in the "wild and crazy fun guy way, but in the untreated bipolar way,) i spent a LOT of time thinking about the meaning of the number. It means many things to me, but one and one making one number symbolizes love. So Elevenism is kinda like Twoism (by boards of canada.)

On ETS i've also been eleven11 and elevensoul.
The consonants of my birthname have the numerological value of 11, which, in fact, is considered to be a master number. The consonants' numerological value of a person's name represent the personality of the person. Here is what 11 means:
"You have worked hard to gain confidence and overcome, at least to some extend, an in-born shyness. As a child, and into your early twenties, nervous energy may have caused you to bite your nails or express your nervousness in other ways.
You are extremely sensitive and intuitive. You are vulnerable and you need to be more careful than most people when you choose friends. You seem an easy prey to predatory individuals. You will probably find yourself the victim of a con man or con woman more than once in your life.
In the eyes of most people, you are perceived as gentle; a safe harbor. People are drawn to you because, among other reasons, you radiate warmth and you are unthreatening. Your dress is neat and clean. Your clothing should be comfortable, soft, and flowing. You should avoid plain and understated clothes. Make an effort to be a little more daring and exciting in your appearance. This will balance nicely with your perceptive and open personality. The opposite sex is attracted to your gentle and attentive nature, yet senses the passion beneath your surface. You have sex appeal. Exercise is important to your appearance and to promote a level of strength you radiate.
You are very patient and understanding, and a wonderful listener. You make others feel important and loved. You are sensitive and become tense in a disharmonious atmosphere. You have experienced quite a bit of negative criticism as a child, which made you shy growing up. Though you may be well past that shyness, a bit of the vulnerability has remained with you and is often sensed by others. You are a peacemaker. Arguments leave you drained. People sense your desire for harmony. But you must avoid being the blank tablet for others' projections. People may underestimate your strength, but this is a mistake. You are strong. You bend, but don't break. You have a fine sense of beauty and excellent taste. There is a grace in your movements, reflecting your keen sense of harmony and refinement. "
~http://www.decoz.com/Numerology_PersonalityC11.htm
Maybe you have a lot of 11's in your numerology and that is why the number is so appealing to you. ;)

As for my screen name, Melancholygr78 is comprised of a big part of my personality since I feel so deeply and sense the needs of people around me more than my own and my birth year. I have carried this same name consistently since before I joined the Spiral in 2006-2007. I am full of empathy and intuition and can feel and even absorb feelings around me to the point of having to figure out what I truly feel. I carry the weight of the world around me all too often and can be faulted for being overly sensitive for others. I genuinely care so much for others that I have literally thrown every sense of "me" out the window just to calm another's insecurities. I attract people who wish to take advantage of me and forgive them over and over against my better judgment. Even though, I have known this and have grown smarter about it, I still feel so horrible if I have to turn away from anyone that I have cared for to look out for myself. I am often disappointed about the world that I was born into. I grow to love most anyone I have met in some form or another and stay loyal to the ones that I feel could have some ability to help me feel understood even though I know that there is an inequity that will always exist to separate us all from one another. I am torn between wishing to save this world and to believe in the eventual evolution of humanity(I am not sure what that could mean exactly) and the desire for this flesh to fall away. I am afflicted by the knowledge that even though we are all connected, we are also condemned by our own disconnect. It is lonely. I am longing. I am not sure that I can explain this well. I am stricken by the realization that my explanation of anything in the world is limited by another's perception. Melancholy is how I feel often and it is actually a good thing because it keeps me in touch with reality however beautifully painful it is. This does not mean that I walk around in a state of constant sadness, quite the contrary actually...I can see the beauty in the underneath and there is light. It is attainable only when my own company is enough for me but not to the point of isolation nor exclusion of others because of my own fear of being used or taken advantage of. My objective on this journey is to get to a place where I feel connected to others and can handle anything...where the "I" or "me" is not necessary yet I am present and aware and can discern the difference. Awakening is not concrete and it is destructive.

One final note on all this (yes, everything I do that lasts, must have meaning for all intent and purpose)...Without my vulnerability, I cannot claim to have strength.

avesjohn
04-09-2015, 03:31 AM
"aves" is latin for "birds"; I'm a birder.

"john", when capitalized, is my first name. Betcha didn't see that one coming.

But I can't take credit for combining the two. That would be my Dad, who created the moniker for me when he first gave everyone in our family email addresses over a decade ago.

And now you know.

Camille
04-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Camille is an alter ego used by Prince, I'm a very big Prince fan so.................

elevenism
04-10-2015, 06:41 AM
Maybe you have a lot of 11's in your numerology and that is why the number is so appealing to you. ;)

my life path number (3.1.1980) is a 22 in some forms of numerology.
22 is a master number (11.11).

Melancholygrl78
04-11-2015, 12:57 AM
my life path number (3.1.1980) is a 22 in some forms of numerology.
22 is a master number (11.11).

Namaste, dear... ;)

DF118
04-12-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm named after an opiate painkiller.

ldopa
09-30-2015, 12:55 AM
it's my favorite big black song. it's also a drug used in the treatment of parkinson's (i don't have that though.) trade name levodopa.

halloween
09-30-2015, 06:33 AM
Just a time of the year that's close to my heart, despite not being christian.

SarahConnor
09-30-2015, 02:36 PM
My hero! Mother of the savior of civilization! Terminator 2 was a formative experience for me. Cheers

reznovka
03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
Mixture of "Reznor" and "Grasovka" which is my favorite vodka.

blake
04-18-2016, 02:25 PM

Same here.

Your Name Here
07-07-2016, 12:32 AM

Khrz
07-07-2016, 05:57 AM
A 15 years old username that keeps getting shorter and shorter and shorter.

Ryan
07-07-2016, 08:11 AM
A 15 years old username that keeps getting shorter and shorter and shorter.

What was the longest version?

jubilee
07-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Aaron North's short-lived band, got to hear him sing and play guitar again which was cool, for about 4 songs untill they just stopped.

Khrz
07-07-2016, 09:35 AM
What was the longest version?

So you can dig around and find the stuff I was doing when I found out there was such a thing as "the Internet"? Not a chance, buddy.

Dryalex12
07-07-2016, 11:17 AM
I usually go by two nicknames, this one and Shinyditto12.
The latter was i was playing gold, and fucking around with the daycare, and the 12th encounter was a shiny ditto
as for this one, its a combo of one of my name and one of my fave characters from Mario, Dry Bones

hellospaceboy
07-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Huge Bowie fan

Slut
07-12-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm quite promiscuous

Ryan
07-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Prove it. ETS orgy.