PDA

View Full Version : 2014.03.19 - Auckland, New Zealand @ Vector Arena

TheBang
03-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Auckland..

madeale
03-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi guys. New in this forum. Always a reader.

I was at the concert yesterday night at Vector Arena in Auckland.

First band was QOTSA, NIN closed the night.

Before NIN started, there was a song from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST...sorry, I don't recall the name.

Setlist:

Copy of A
Survivalism
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
Sanctified
Burn
All Time Low
Came Back Haunted
The Big Come Down
Gave Up
Ice Age (w/ Mariqueen)
BBB (w/ Mariqueen)
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

I love NIN live, so no big surprises. Best song to me was The Big Come Down, because it was the first time I saw it live and it's one of my fav. Mariqueen on stage was a nice touch, even if "Ice Age" is a bit too long and calm being in the middle of the concert.

From what I saw on the past tour, I have to say NIN sounds a lot heavier when Ilan is on drums for every song. Example: Came Back Haunted or All Time Low are a bit soft with prerecorded arrangement. BBB (w/ Mariqueen) was very heavy, and Trent was on fire with pads and drum sticks.

I was glad QOTSA played before. I love them, to get me wrong, but NIN should never open to anyone. :)

One thing I was disappointed was the quality of the sound. For QOTSA, the sound was absolute shit. The bass was absent (and QOTSA are bass) and the sound was overall jammed. For NIN, the sound was a little bit better, but not as clear as I usually experienced with them. I don't know if it was the venue, but that was a bit of let down for me.

Oh, another thing I didn't like was the NIN merchandise. First time, I came home with no NIN tshirt (took one of QOTSA though).

cheers!

madeale
03-19-2014, 08:09 PM
here some photos if you like (link (http://www.undertheradar.co.nz/news/7958/Live-Photos-Queens-of-The-Stone-Age--Nine-Inch-Nails---Vector-Arena-Auckland.utr)).

voidnz
03-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Show was amazing, my 5th NIN show.

Brody was probably the NIN opener I enjoyed the most, she rocked it with no bullshit.

QOTSA were amazing, even better than last time I saw them when they were here.

NIN were at the top of their game also. Either band could open to be honest as both are equally as epic.

NIN Highlight for me was Survivalism, Copy of A was a good start too, I kind of agree about the songs with Drums being more powerful and Ice Age feeling a bit long. I really loved seeing those 2 HTDA songs live though, the crowd seemed to like them also.

I actually thought the sound was really good. It does depend where you stand to an extent though.

I saw the Reznors and Hommes at the airport on the way to Wellington and Trent was super awesome and signed my ticket and Josh was being awesome with his kids (jumping from behind vending machines and all kinds of funny shit) so I left him to it.

I think overall was my best Concert experience due to the high quality of both bands.

edit: Oh yeah, the strobes on Wish made some poor guy have a seizure and they had to carry him out. Anyone know if he's ok?